WW Clubs and Groups - Weigh-In Here!

View Full Version : Weigh-In Here!

MaggieShines
04-28-2006, 07:53 PM
I don't officially weigh in until Monday, so I'm not ready to post here yet, but I'll start this thread so we can all keep track of each other's progress and not miss an opportunity to console or congratulate one another. Is this OK with everyone? So, if you want, come to this thread after your official weigh in (either at home or at a meeting) and let us know how you did!:goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale

Freedom&Light
04-29-2006, 11:59 AM
I'll go! Saturday is my WI day. Remember that bad week I've had? Well, I did something right this week, somehow! I lost .8! I'll take it.

I'm going to do better this week! :carrot:

iowasteph2
04-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Good for you, F & L!!!

My weigh-in is on Monday night. We're going out to eat tomorrow (for our 1st anniversary!!), and I'm going all out!! I'll only have my 1st anniversary once!! lol

MaggieShines
04-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Good for you, F & L!!!

My weigh-in is on Monday night. We're going out to eat tomorrow (for our 1st anniversary!!), and I'm going all out!! I'll only have my 1st anniversary once!! lol

Steph...I honestly think that what you just said is one of the very important keys to successful weight loss: knowing when it's OK to give yourself permission to "blow it." As long as you get back on track right away, why not enjoy a special occasion without having to worry about points and stuff? I mean, that is what makes me resentful -- that I can't even enjoy a special occasion like a "normal" person. I think you attitude is very healthy. Best of luck and congratulations!

Great job on the loss, F&L!

Elanajel
04-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Down .6 and I was relieved.

Still a few pounds above where I'd ideally like to be.

My incentive is fitting into an awesome form-fitting sheath I bought to wear at my brother's wedding--Memorial Day weekend. It fit perfectly when I bought it, still fits but would look better once I drop 3-5 more pounds.

SHould be realistic; I cut back to 20 points and will track food more closely.

Thanks for starting this thread--the more accountability in my life, the better I do staying on track!

MaggieShines
05-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Holy crap... I lost two more pounds! I can't believe it. But I'll take it! LOL

I am extra excited because I've finally lost enough weight so that my ultimate-goal ticker has moved enough that you can see space between the slider heart and the first heart. Make sense? A few days ago, they were all bunched up! That made me fee good.

Elana, congrats on your loss too! BUt be careful about cutting back on points. How many are you supposed to be eating a day? You really don't want to go below that.

If you're feeling stuck and you haven't been using your 35 flex points, you might want to try eating a little MORE. I know that sounds counter intuitive, but WW is set up from keeping your body from feeling complacent and deprived and holding on to its reserves. Pumping up the points by using flex points keeps your metabolism on its toes, so to speak.

iowasteph2
05-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Way to go, Maggie!!! You're doing so well!!! And, Elana, good for you too!! By the way, Elana, I received your message, but I haven't had time to reply. I'm not ignoring you--promise!!!

iowasteph2
05-01-2006, 07:57 PM
I lost .6!!

Hey--we're all losers!!

MaggieShines
05-01-2006, 08:00 PM
I lost .6!!

Hey--we're all losers!!

hee hee,,, I never thought that phrase would be such music to my ears!
:D Let's dance! :cb: :carrot::cb: :carrot::cb: :carrot::cb: :carrot:

carop2323
05-03-2006, 03:18 PM
woo hoo look out iam joining the loosers!

I'll be honest since the marathon i have been soooooooooooooo hungry like i have a tape worm that and lack of "good food" choices at home i knew i was in for a gain but i still lost 2.8 that makes 25 lbs since i started ...iam so exited ...and my mom starts tomorrow how much fun is that !

iowasteph2
05-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Great job, Caroline!!! I'm jealous--I wish my mom was able to go to the WW meetings with me, but she lives about 3 hours away.

Congratulations!!!

carop2323
05-04-2006, 02:31 PM
iowasteph- it wpuld be better if she were joining with me in nashville but she lives in miami we'r just going to cheer each other on via technonogy.lol.

nightbird1103
05-04-2006, 10:49 PM
I had my first WI on Tuesday and was down 5. I'm having a difficult week though. DH has been away for 3 days and will be home tomorrow night. The twins and dd are keeping me very busy and I haven't been tracking very well. I plan on being very strict this weekend and hopefully I'll see another loss this Tuesday.

MaggieShines
05-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Michele... 5 pounds is awesome! Carrots for you:

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Stick with it! Congratulations!

MistySeptember
05-05-2006, 09:48 AM
I want to make sure I give props to everyone, so I will try not to miss anyone....I am so proud of all of you!

Great Job Michele!!!!!!

Way To Go Carolina!!!!

Super Job Steph!!!!!!!

Congrats on your loss too Maggie!!!!

Elana, Way to go!!!!!

YAY, F&L!!!!!!!!

Did I miss anyone?

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

momthenrse
05-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Happy loser here! I'm 228lb as of this morning. Down 6lbs! I hope I can keep it up this weekend. I work Sat night 7am to 7pm. We do a lot of snacking. I did well last weekend. I pre measured some baked tortilla chips and salsa and that is what I nibbled on.
Have a great weekend.!
Christy

MistySeptember
05-06-2006, 09:22 AM
:carrot: :carrot: Great Job Christy!!!!!!

Freedom&Light
05-06-2006, 05:04 PM
*Sigh* I gained .6 this week. I was kissing the official 25 pounds lost (I was at 24.8!!!) but I just can't get things together.

I'm going through a terrible tough time and I don't want to think about anything. I just want to eat what I want to when I want to.

:( I'm really stressed and pretty depressed.

But it won't be forever. I just need to take care of myself really well right now. And that includes not beating myself up for not eating OP.

MaggieShines
05-08-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm with you, F&L. I was really hoping to get my first 10-pound nanner this week. But instead, I gained 2 POUNDS! I deserve it, I know, because I made a lot of bad choices over the week ... but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. Very, very discouraging to have such a big-*** gain a month into my new program. How the **** is it that you can stay perfectly OP all week and lose 3 pounds, but then two days of bad choices brings 2 of it back, no matter how good you were the rest of the week? It sucks eggs. It really does. Blah. And now my heart slider numbers are all bunched up again. Oh,well... back to being serious again.

One thing I know I will change is getting back to NOT drinking diet soda. I had gotten away from it, but added it back this week because I was so bored with water. But I simply don't need it.

Hope everyone has great weigh-ins this week! Don't follow in MY footsteps! LOL

iowasteph2
05-08-2006, 08:31 PM
You two will pull out of it in no time. just don't give up hope!

I stayed the same this week.

MaggieShines
05-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Kinda nervous. Weigh-in is tomorrow morning! :^:

MistySeptember
05-17-2006, 06:35 AM
I stayed the same. I am 211. I was 212 when I started meetings again last July. I need to look at this as a fresh start

Good luck tomarrow Maggie

MistySeptember
05-17-2006, 06:35 AM
Or should I say Good luck today since it is Wednesday afterall...I am lost this week LOL

MaggieShines
05-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Misty, you KNOW that staying the same is better than gaining. So, yay for you! ANd yes you do need to look at this as a fresh start. Pretend that this past year never happened, as far as your weight-loss efforts. But do bear in mind -- or motivational purposes only -- how you feel right now when you think about where you are as compared to how you would be feeling if you had worked on it slowly and consistently all year and averaged just a pound a week loss. You would be 20 pounds from goal -- and that's where you can be this time next year. You can and you will!

BTW, check the slider! Four pounds this week or -- TA DA! -- 11 pounds total! I need to sustain this. I must break that 10-pound curse!

Doing the 10-pound Nanner Dance
:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

AND the I Passed A Goal Carrot Dance
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

MistySeptember
05-17-2006, 09:30 AM
YAY Maggie I am so proud of you.

iowasteph2
05-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Way To Go Maggie!!!!!!!

MaggieShines
05-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Ah, well.. as I suspected ... stayed the same, which is OK. But what pissed me off was when I first stepped on the scale it showed a 2-pound loss. But I always weigh three times in a row to make sure it's accurate. The second time again showed a 2-pound loss. The third time, however, had me staying the same. As did the fourth. So I waited awhile, and the first two times showed a one-pound loss, then the third had me staying the same. Aaarrrgghhhh.... so I'm going to count it as staying the same.

MistySeptember
05-24-2006, 10:46 AM
:hug: Maggie, staying the same is good! You knew your eating wasn't what you wanted it to be and you were fully expecting a gain, so I say take it and love it!!!!!! Great job, girl!

As for me 213.8, they round to teh whoel or the half so I think it was recorded as 213.5 maybe 214 but I don't think she rounds up. So anyway BIG gain. I am back on track!!!

I found another forum website and it's fun you get points and stuff for recording teh healthy habits you engage in, you know me and playing games and trying to make this fun. I can't post it here b/c it goes against policy. But I love 3fc and it's my "home", but I am going to use all the tools I can find!

Jen
05-24-2006, 03:08 PM
I've been way, way off recently. I think about the only thing I've been doing half $ssed right is drinking most of my water. I'm only getting about half in a day but I'm considering that better than the rest of my efforts. I weighed in last night at work on this scale that looks like the one from The Biggest Loser and it put me at 235lbs 4oz and my scale at home this afternoon when I got up from a nap put me at 233.2. I was weighing in on Saturdays but I'm going to weigh in tomorrow and see where I am at considering my eating lately.

Maggie - Maintaining is a good thing, you know that ;) , this week maintaining, next week a big loss!

Misty - sorry you are up a couple of #s. Weekends when I am not working do me in as well and also days like today when I come off night shift and I want to stay up so that I am not wasting what is technically a day off by sleeping half of it away. I went for a nap for a couple of hours and then when I got up I just started eating everything in sight trying to stay awake.:(

I'll check in here again tomorrow after I weigh in and see what's what.

Jen
05-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Morning all. So I maintained my weight so I can't be too unhappy about that considering the way I've been eating. But still, you always have just a tiny bit of hope before you get on the scale that maybe a # or ## has disappeared during the night. :D

MistySeptember
05-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Good Morning! Thinsg here have been nuts. I just wanted tos end a quick :hug: to you Jen. You are right staying the same is a good thing sometimes. You'll get back in teh groove I am sure.

Well off to get my work done have a great day!!!

MaggieShines
05-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Looks like we're the Maintainin' Mamas this week! LOL. That's OK. Staying the same is better than a gain. See how smarts I am?! :D

MaggieShines
05-31-2006, 06:18 AM
Blech.. another week of staying the same! I am getting seriously frustrated here. At least it's not like I'm being perfect food wise and still not losing. I KNOW why I'm not losing. I just have to get determined again like I was for the first month, yanno? Maybe go back over those old menus and stop cutting corners like I had been doing. Not be so blase and cocky about portion sizes. Not thinking that one or two extra points here and there don't count. Also, I'm eating more processes foods these days. Fewer fruits and veggies. Yeah, I'm going to revists my old menus.

Hope everyone else has a good weigh-in.

MistySeptember
05-31-2006, 07:02 AM
Good Morning all!

Maggie, staying the sam eis ok. I think revisiting your old menus is a great idea. Also I sit my scale, measuring cups and spoons right on the o****er so I am more likley to use them.

I am down like 4.5 this week. But you can bet that throwing up all day yesterdya contributed to it.

carop2323
06-01-2006, 02:22 PM
good afternoon to all i weighed in on tuesday it was aweful it began by realizing that with my new job iam not gurenteed to WI in first thing second i forgot my filpflops so i had to WI in tennis shoes so i showed that i gained 1.5 lbs was sad adn the lady wouldent let me weigh my shoes so that i could subtract their weight so that I would at least knwo ...but i think that it was a reality check ! i have been OP ever since so happy rest of the week

MistySeptember
06-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Sorry to hear things aren't going well.

I don't understand why you couldn't just weigh in without the shoes. Our leader even allows us to take off heavy jewlery. I never weigh in with my shoes. That was really rude of her not to allow it. She should of at the very least allowed you to weigh in a second time without the shoes. We even ahd a lady who would weigh in in the closet naked.

You may have had a loss if the shoes hadn't counted. I think my sneakers weigh 2 pounds or so. Things will go better next time.

As far as your job, are you able to attend a meeting an alternate time? I think it is stinky you hav eto pay for missed meetings if you are not lifetime, even with a legitimate reason like work. I know it's a bussiness and all, but they should allow some kind of half time program or something.