Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default Favorite Things about your Healthy Habits?

I'm having a -very- low motivation day all around. Feeling sluggish, and to top it off, the scale hasn't moved in a week despite being more dedicated and on-track than I have been in a really long time. Just -barely- managed to drag myself out of bed this morning to work out, and it helped, but I am still in need of some non scale/size-related motivation. Anyone want to add to my list of my favorite things about eating clean and moving that don't involve scale/size movement? Trying to remember all the OTHER reasons I am doing this, other than losing weight, since that is not happening at the moment.

-All the fabulous smells in my kitchen when I cook something fresh, clean, and healthy.
-Reduced stress/anxiety levels from exercising regularly.
-That little bit of muscle burn the day after lifting - not so much it hurts, just enough that it reminds you that you did something good for you.
-The satisfaction of looking at FitDay and realizing that I've met all of my nutrient requirements (not sure why it is so satisfying, but I check it -every- day and love seeing all of those vitamins and minerals in the black).
-Sleeping WAY better at night.
-New recipes discovered while trying to reduce calories of favorite foods.

Anyone else have anything they really enjoy about a healthy lifestyle that isn't scale or size-related? Making the list is really helping me get my motivation back up...

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #2  
LLV

Eating healthy and being in control of my food instead of letting it control me.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Um, I like to look at other people's carts at the grocery store and compare their frozen tater tots, white hot dog buns and bags of doritos to my fresh spinach, oranges, natural peanut butter and fat free plain yogurt.

PS - you are eating really well if you can get all your vitamins/minerals in the black! I struggle with vitamin B12 and vitamin D especially .
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:16 PM   #4  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
Um, I like to look at other people's carts at the grocery store and compare their frozen tater tots, white hot dog buns and bags of doritos to my fresh spinach, oranges, natural peanut butter and fat free plain yogurt.
Doesn't that feel good? Putting healthy foods onto the belt when the person behind you has a cart full of junk?

lol
Old 04-28-2006, 07:27 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My skin and hair are healthier. I can breathe a lot easier. Much sexier in the bedroom. Like the compliments. My doctor is very happy with me. I can keep up with my kids now. I don't stand out in a crowd.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:48 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

My skin, OMG esp on my face looks so nice. The blackheads on my nose are going away and they have been there for as long as I can remember and never had luck getting rid of them before. Even after scrubbing! And now you can barley see them
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
Depending on what grocery store I go to, I sometimes feel like I get really strange looks because my grocery basket contents are so different from those of people in front of and behind me in the check-out line. But although I still have 15-20 pounds to go, I think I look pretty healthy and maybe I'm making those people think ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82
The satisfaction of looking at FitDay and realizing that I've met all of my nutrient requirements (not sure why it is so satisfying, but I check it -every- day and love seeing all of those vitamins and minerals in the black).
I like that feeling, too. But like Glory, I struggle with a couple of vitamins; good thing for supplements to round out healthy eating!
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:58 AM   #8  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Having people tell me how much fitter I am than them, and having people ask me for advice about running.

Really learning how to cook delicious, healthy food, and converting people I serve it to who would never dream that food tasting so good can help me lose 100lb.

Going to the supermarket less often, with a planned shopping list because I actually think of what I'm going to eat for the week rather than grabbing stuff I fancy as I go round. I spend less, and everything in my trolley is good for me in some way.

The friends and support I've found on here and elsewhere while doing this.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:41 PM   #9  

The looks I get from people I haven't seen for a while.

The achievement I feel from being able to swim, run, do whatever I want, instead of watching from the sidelines like I used to.

Being able to wear "normal" clothes.

Not being defined by my weight.

Looking forward to summer because there will be nicer fruit and veggies in the shops!

Going for long walks with my significant other, and being able to keep up (ok being told to slow down for him LOL )
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:22 PM   #10  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

stamina, I can definitely walk a lot more and feel a lot better after I do it

mentally feeling healthier and happier because I'm in better shape

feeling good after I eat, instead of stuffed or hungry a little while later because I was eating empty calories (and too many of them!).
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #11  

My favorite things about my healthy habits:

I like that...
  • I get to work knowing i've already accomplished something by starting my day with a run
  • I no longer get that "too full" feeling when i'm finished with a meal
  • My fridge is filled with fresh produce
  • I judge my body now by what it can do not by what it looks like
  • I don't fixate on food the way i used to (sometimes i'd spend all afternoon planning what i was gonna indulge in for dinner)
  • Eating regularly prevents the headaches i used to get from low blood sugar
  • I'm developing eating habits and a healthy mindset that i would be pround to pass on to my children
  • My boyfriend credits my healthier lifestyle with why he has made some healthier changes in his life
  • I discovered the 3 Fat Chicks Forum to keep me focused and motivated... we have so much to learn from eachother.
Miss DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #12  

I love:

The grocery cart thing...many people ask if I am a vegetarian
My co-workers ask every Friday how I did
When I see people, they always say "You look great!"
I walked up the stairs today, and didn't have any shortness of breath
When I go wakeboarding, I will be able to jump higher
I look better in pictures
I can watch people eat crap, and not feel bad about not having any
I can run, and I am getting better every day
I can wear a large in the normal clothing dept., instead of just the special stores
I make awesome food that everyone loves to eat, but it's all healthy
I can walk my dog AFTER I work out, and I am not tired
I know that this time, it's forever, and it makes me more calm
My muscles are more defined
People are nicer (especially men) Which is TOTALLY f#*ked up, but still feels better than before

I know that I can do this, and I get to prove it to myself every day
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #13  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrogwetrust
I love:

The grocery cart thing...many people ask if I am a vegetarian
It's funny you mention this because someone asked me the same thing the other day. The bagger at the grocery store. I had frozen vegetables, fresh vegetables and that day in particular I didn't buy any meat, but I had a couple of packages of the Boca stuff; veggie burgers. He asked me if I was vegetarian and I told him no, I just love the 'soy burger' products because they're low in fat and high in protein and I simply felt better eating that kind of stuff.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #14  

i feel better if i dont eat all that junk food and i do move alot better now too. can you imagine how it will be when i get to goal weight .. aw life will be good!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #15  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

When I have actually stuck to my healthy eating habits for a few months (not like now, but I'm working on getting back to that point), I actually get kinda sick when I eat junk food. Not that I enjoy feeling sick, mind you, but it reminds me how bad that crap is for your body and makes me wonder how I used to be able to eat it all the time!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote