Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Nutrichicks II!!!

View Full Version : Nutrichicks II!!!

RubensMuse
04-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Digging through all those pages was getting crazy. So here we are on out second thread!!!! We are AWESOME!!!! :carrot:

If any of you ladies want the PDFs for the nutritional information for the restaurants that I have collected, I have created a site just for us!

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/q2creative/erase/index.html

Enjoy. I think I found some before pictures too so I might upload those there as well.

readyfreddy
04-28-2006, 08:05 PM
pictures pictures we want pictures! :)

MELODY525
04-29-2006, 10:14 AM
:welcome: SKINNY
:welcome: AM. WOMAN
:welcome:BIG
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!

:cofdate: IT WAS NICE TO SEE 3 NEW FACES TODAY AND NOW A NEW THREAD. HOPE WE'RE ALL DOING WELL TODAY AND THE SUN IS SHINING ON ALL OF US :sunny:
I HAD A CHANCE TO MAKE SOME EXTRA $$ THIS WEEK AND ALSO TODAY SO I TOOK IT!!! :dance: I AM DOING GREAT AND STILL ON THE NS.:carrot: NOTHING NEW TO REPORT BUT I AM GLAD MY DD IS HOME!!! LOL TIRED OF BABYSITTING THE BIRD!!! :rofl: I AM WAITING FOR A CALL TO START WORK IN THE OFFICE DOWNSTAIRS. THEY ARE LATE AS USUAL!!! :( BUT I BEST POST THIS AND GET GOING.:moped:

FREDDY~ SORRY YOU HAD A BAD TIME OF IT THE OTHER DAY. BELATED :hug: FOR YOU!!! SOMETIMES WHEN THE DAY IS A WEE BIT NUTS, I HAVE LUNCH FOR BREAKFAST, DINNER FOR LUNCH AND BREAKFAST FOR DINNER. WHEN I KNOW I HAVE TO WORK, I LIKE TO MAKE PAUL'S BUNDT CAKE WITH THE PANCAKE MIX FOR DINNER. I MIX IT UP, SET THE MICRO, RUN TO TAKE MY SHOWER AND THERE IS A LOVELY COMFORT MEAL FOR MY SOUL!!! :lol3:

RUBEN~ HOPE YOU AND THE HUBBY ARE STILL DOING WELL. THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD AND THE NEW WEBSITE TO LOOK AT FIRST CHANCE I GET!!! :p

WICKED~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE DIETEX!!! PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON HOW YOU FEEL ETC. INQIRING MINDS WANT ALL THE DETAILS!!! LOL YOUR WHOLE FAMILY WILL BE ON NS SOON. PEOPLE KEEP ASKING ME IF I HAVE LOST WEIGHT AND I AM BECOMING A NS AND ALSO A MICHAEL THURMOND POSTER CHILD!!! LOL ANYWAY....GOOD LUCK WITH THIS JUMP START!!!\

Rocker Chick
04-29-2006, 10:38 AM
hey still waiting on my food so I can get started! I also looked into OA meetings in my town. I think I'm ready to take that first step!

readyfreddy
04-29-2006, 02:33 PM
big- sounds awesome!!!!! you can totally do it! a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step :)

mel- woohhooo for some extra $$. i just applied for a position that pays just under 13 bucks an hour and all i have to do is "monitor" a room. Im hoping i can just sit there and do my case reading. ;)

on a happier note yesterday was my last day of classes as a 1st year law student!!! now if i can just get through these next two weeks of finals...... ;)

on a not so happy note, yestderday i went to the store and got a pint of hagan daaz and a bag of cookies and at all of both! :( self sabotage much?? i felt soo sick after. i feel okay this am... im just getting right back on NS and drinking LOTS of water and not even thinking about weighing till wed.

i think im starting to get a bit sick of the food and the only things i have left are the rejects that i dont really want to eat. plus i am not getting my veggies and fruits like i should.

the good news is that my new shipment should be here any day!! im hoping i will feel some renewed dedication ;)

im also refocusing on how much ns costs me. not too much if i dont go off plan... but way too much if i am eating nonplan food (in addition to plan) and not losing my weight. SO...get my butt in gear right?!

this is always my hardest point dieting... i get to about 135 and then i actually feel like i look okay and then the motivation for dieting goes WAY down.... but then i gain back a lb or two and i feel HUGE. i just want to get to like 130-128 so i can gain a lb or two and not get worried i am going to go back over 140. (which for some reason is the "danger zone" in my head lol... and also the point at which weight charts start characterizing me as overweight...) i know it says 120 in my siggie.... but....i was hoping that if i told myself extra low i wouldnt do this stop at 135 lol. apparently it didnt work. i think 128 is prob a better weight for me.

okay sorry for the NOVEL. ;) time to study study!

have a good weekend!

SkinnyAgainSoon
04-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Hey everyone! Thanks for the big welcomes from all of you! Man, this is such a GREAT group! Everyone is so incredibly encouraging!

Anyway, this is day 4 on NS and its going great so far. I'm starting to recognize when my danger times are and I'm most likely to binge. Just knowing that makes it so much easier! AND I don't feel tired anymore. I have 4-year old twins, and everyday I take a nap with them because I'm exhausted. But yesterday was the first day in I don't know how long, that I didn't even feel sleepy at all. I don't know if it has anything to do with NS or not, but I'll take it!

QUESTION: Do you ladies really drink the 64 oz. of water each day? I am having such a hard time with that. I truly dislike water. Maybe I'll try Crystal Light - zero carbs and only 40 calories in 64 oz.

Okay, kids screaming gotta go

MELODY525
04-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Freddy~ OMG!!!! 2 of my favoriteds and you didn't invite me???? :tantrum: lol sending some :hug: and hope you are treating yourself better. Portion control!!!! Neither of the items would be bad if it was a portion each. so hang in there cause you have come so far!!!!

Big~ we'll be here for every step!!! or most of them at least!! lol sometimes I get busy. good luck!!!

Skinny~ great work on day 4. Keep going! I peraonally drink between 5-7 glasses a day and one of Crystal lite. I'm being honest here! lol

I have much to do tomorrow and company so I will see you all Monday!! Have a safe and happy Sunday and stay well!!!

vikki50
04-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Hello all. I have finally had time to catch up. This week hasn't been too bad. I did go off diet just a tad.. My daughter got married Fri. night. Very small, we went out to eat afterward and do all the toasting and celebrating. I had a 1/2 a KC strip, grilled veggies, and a baked potato. I did put too much sour cream and butter on it, but didn't eat the whole thing. I also had 2 bites of the most delicious Carmel fudge cheesecake you ever tasted. It was so hard not to eat more. But I did it!!! Plus champagne!!! I was totally suprised when I stepped on the scales this morning and had lost 2 lbs.
I hope it stays off. Tomorrow is weigh in. I guess we will see!!

Welcome to everyone new. I have been on this since Mar 13. I'm not losing really fast, but I am losing, so just hang in there, it will work!!

Hey Mel, What is Pauls bundt cake? How do you make it? I must have missed that post. Sounds good, I need to try a few different things, as I am starting to get tired of the same food too.

Here's wishing everyone a 100% week!!!

Rocker Chick
04-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey thanks guys! It really means alot! My first meeting will be thursday night. I will let you all know how it goes!

MELODY525
04-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Paul's Apple Bundt Cake

Here's a creative approach to using the NutriSystem pancake mix from NutriSystem member Paul. With fall approaching, it could be a perfect cool weather "comfort food" breakfast.

Counts as 1 Breakfast Entrée + 1 Fruit Serving + 1 Dairy/Protein Serving + Free Foods

Ingredients

* 1 package of NutriSystem Pancake Mix
* 1 egg
* ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce
* ¼ tsp. vanilla
* ¼ tsp. cinnamon
* 3 packages Splenda® (or sweetener equal to 1 Tbsp. of sugar)
* 12 squirts I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray(ICBINB)
* 2 Tbsp. any calorie-free maple-flavored syrup

Directions

1. Place pancake mix, cinnamon and sweetener in a large microwave safe bowl (Paul uses a 3" x 4.5" wide ceramic cereal bowl) and mix; add egg, applesauce, and vanilla and stir thoroughly until all ingredients are well mixed.
2. Leave in bowl and place in microwave. Cook in microwave on high for 3 minutes (longer if necessary). Finished product should resemble a small individual bundt cake (depending on dimensions of bowl used) and be moist with the texture of a sponge cake.
3. Turn upside down onto serving plate and spray with 12 squirts of ICBINB spray, and drizzle with syrup

**NOTE: I ONLY USE THE MIX, THE APPLESAUCE AND 1 WHOLE EGG. I USE MRS. BUTTERWORTH'S SF SYRUP ON TOP. I EAT IT RIGHT OUT OF THE BOWL I MIXED IT IN AND NUKED IT IN. I LOVE THIS STUFF. :p

VIKKI~ WOW GIRL....CONGRATULATIONS!!
:encore: :cheer: WISHING YOUR DAUGHTER AND HER NEW HUBBY ALL THE BEST!!! GREAT NEWS!!!:hug:

BIG~ WE'RE WITH YOU!!! GO GIRL GO!!! HAVE A GOOD MEETING AND DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE!!!!

Rocker Chick
05-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks Mel! I feel good about it...I'm ready for those 'flood gates' to open wide! =)

RubensMuse
05-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Hey ladies! Been supper busy the last few days but you all were thought of :hug:

Vikki~ Great to see you back!!!

Skinny~ It is awesome to have you here with us! Personally I have found that once I started uping my exercise that I WANTED water/fluid more. That is what helps me alot. Or I drink SF flavored waters.

Mel~ I am so happy to see you are your old peppy self. :carrot: On May 15 those doctors better decide that you need to stay right here with us or I am packing my bags and making a house call to HIM. :devil:

Freddy~ I am with Mel..how dare you not invite us! Actually, I ate come choco-chip cookies this weekend myself. Sometimes that urge just wants to eat you alive. But I gave in then walked an extra mile that night.

Big~ I am so excited for you. I really think you will feel better about everything soon. Things will feel more in control, even if just a little, it is very rewarding. :hug:

As for the rest of you wonderful ladies....hope you are doing great!

And that Bundt Cake recipe is the BOMB! I eat mine with my FF whipped cream and no syrup. I have also added Almond extract to give it a more 'sweet' flavor too.

~~~~~ OK..today is weigh day and I have put it off......here goes....

229??!!!!!!! I am out of the 30's!!!!!!! :cb: :dance: :dancer: :woo:
Oh my gawd I never thought I get there!!!! That's 21 pounds so far!!! and that means a new present!!! Hmm, probably new walking shoes..no no a new pedometer!!!!! WhooHoo:carrot:

Wow I am still in shock......I do need to get going now and take my morning walk...and then off to Tampa with The Hub!!!!

Ladies, thank you so much for being so inspiring, encouraging and REAL, I get so frustrated with threads that never show anyone eating off plan, or seeming to do anything 'wrong'. We are ALL going to do this cause we have each other :) :grouphug:

wickedgrl_76
05-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Good Morning Nutrichicks!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good except that saturday night I was bad! I went to Friday's with a bunch of friends & had 2 giant banana daiquiri's. And the worst part is that they were soooo good that I didn't feel bad. But I was good all week aside from that day. I got on the scale & again it didn't moved. This will be my 3rd week where it hasn't moved. I'm not giving up though. I have alot of major things coming up that I need to look fabulous for. I just gotta stay on track 100% this week. As long as I don't gain, I'll be ok. Have a good day ladies ;)

Rubens~ Congrats on your weight loss :cheer:

Rocker Chick
05-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey ladies! Been supper busy the last few days but you all were thought of :hug:

Vikki~ Great to see you back!!!

Skinny~ It is awesome to have you here with us! Personally I have found that once I started uping my exercise that I WANTED water/fluid more. That is what helps me alot. Or I drink SF flavored waters.

Mel~ I am so happy to see you are your old peppy self. :carrot: On May 15 those doctors better decide that you need to stay right here with us or I am packing my bags and making a house call to HIM. :devil:

Freddy~ I am with Mel..how dare you not invite us! Actually, I ate come choco-chip cookies this weekend myself. Sometimes that urge just wants to eat you alive. But I gave in then walked an extra mile that night.

Big~ I am so excited for you. I really think you will feel better about everything soon. Things will feel more in control, even if just a little, it is very rewarding. :hug:

As for the rest of you wonderful ladies....hope you are doing great!

And that Bundt Cake recipe is the BOMB! I eat mine with my FF whipped cream and no syrup. I have also added Almond extract to give it a more 'sweet' flavor too.

~~~~~ OK..today is weigh day and I have put it off......here goes....

229??!!!!!!! I am out of the 30's!!!!!!! :cb: :dance: :dancer: :woo:
Oh my gawd I never thought I get there!!!! That's 21 pounds so far!!! and that means a new present!!! Hmm, probably new walking shoes..no no a new pedometer!!!!! WhooHoo:carrot:

Wow I am still in shock......I do need to get going now and take my morning walk...and then off to Tampa with The Hub!!!!

Ladies, thank you so much for being so inspiring, encouraging and REAL, I get so frustrated with threads that never show anyone eating off plan, or seeming to do anything 'wrong'. We are ALL going to do this cause we have each other :) :grouphug:

Wow! I am so happy for you Rube!!!!! That is awesome! It gives you that extra little hitch in your giddy-up doesn't it??!!! I hope this week is as rewarding for you!:carrot:

vikki50
05-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Good Morning All!!!! I did lose a 1 lb. 1 is better than nothing!!!

Mel, thanks for the recipe, I will def try it. Sounds delicious!!!

Ruben, good going ,, I can't wait until I get into the next lower digits. At a lb a week, it will be awhile... LOL

Glad everyone else is doing well.. LATER

MELODY525
05-01-2006, 12:37 PM
:carrot: :cb: :cp: :bravo: :dance: :hat: :dancer: :flow2: :wizard: :balloons:
RUBEN~ GREAT JOB!!! :hug: CONGRATULATIONS MISSY!!! YOU MUST BE SOOOO VERY EXCITED. I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU TOO!! GOOD JOB!!!!

BIG~ LAST YEAT I WAS ON A BUS THAT HIT A BUMP AND ENDED UP WITH A COMPRESSED SPINE FOR 2 1/2 MONTHS. IT ENDED UP GIVING ME TIME ON MY HANDS AND AND MY FLOODGATES BURST WIDE OPEN TOO!! SO MY HEART IS WITH YOU EVEN THOUGH IT WAS FOR DIFFERENT REASONS. THIS IS A NEW YEAR FOR BOTH OF US!!! :hug:

WICKED~ :hat: BANANA??? MAKE THEM STRAWBERRY AND I'LL JOIN YOU!!! :rofl: I WAS WONDERING IF THE SCALE IS MOVING SLOWLY BECAUSE YOU ARE CLOST TO GOAL. THE LAST 10-15 LBS ARE THE HARDEST TO LOSE. BUT HANG IN THERE!

I AM HAVING A GREAT OP DAY. I WANT TO TRY TO GET AS MANY 100% DAYS AS I CAN THIS MONTH AND SEE IF MY BLOODWORK CHANGES. :crossed:
NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT...BUT WONDERING WHETHER TO ORDER MY 4TH MONTH OF FOOD OR WAIT TILL THE END OF THE MONTH:?: DECISIONS DECISIONS!!! :rofl:

MELODY525
05-01-2006, 12:38 PM
PS~ WICKED...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :dance: :cb: :carrot: :encore: :cheer:

readyfreddy
05-01-2006, 12:46 PM
vikki & ruben- keep on keepin on girls! youre doing AMAZING!!!! woohooo! :)

wicked- yeah i lost all of my 4 lbs in week 1-2 and now im going on week 6!! yikes!! haha...

but i am CONVINCED im going to stick to it this week.

my new motto is no pain no gain ;)

big- how did the meeting go?? they have an OA group in the support section here too if youre ever interested- but you better not leave us! 8)

okay.... its another day at the library for me! exam time is killer!

Rocker Chick
05-01-2006, 02:50 PM
vikki & ruben- keep on keepin on girls! youre doing AMAZING!!!! woohooo! :)

wicked- yeah i lost all of my 4 lbs in week 1-2 and now im going on week 6!! yikes!! haha...

but i am CONVINCED im going to stick to it this week.

my new motto is no pain no gain ;)

big- how did the meeting go?? they have an OA group in the support section here too if youre ever interested- but you better not leave us! 8)

okay.... its another day at the library for me! exam time is killer!

Well the meeting is on thursday, wish me luck though, cause I"m a little nervous!:^:
I read some of the boards on OA, I haven't posted yet. I'm not going anywhere, you nutrichicks are AWESOME!!! :grouphug: :

RubensMuse
05-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Big~~ Keep us up on your first day. We want your feedback so we are right there with you!!

readyfreddy
05-02-2006, 01:46 AM
ooh my first exam is thurs and im a little nervous for that too ;) hopefully we both do stellar!!

im def interested how the meeting goes. i could probably benefit from one but am too scared to go. plus... i always feel like i have to explain to people that you can be a compulsive overeater and still be my size- because its not necessarily intuitive. lol i guess i feel like a fraud! please keep us updated! and also know that you are welcome to pm me if you ever need a little extra support! (although these gals are so great, it prob won't happen! haha but just so you know)

however a lot of that is behind me and i am MUCH better now! the ns def helps me figure out when, how much, and what to eat!

woohooo for mon.

i ate an on plan dinner tonight. i have just a bunch of the yicky leftovers and beef dishes (i dont eat beef) from my first order... at first i thought id just eat it... but i think im going to send that stuff back- why be unhappy when theres so much good stuff!?! right!!?

also... feeling pretty good... guess i am up one or two lbs. am thinking about not weighing wed (my normal weigh day) and just sticking to plan from wed-wed and then weighing and i know if i can do that i will get past this plateau!

other than that... not too much new here!

happy tuesday!

MELODY525
05-02-2006, 07:49 AM
FREDDY~ HAPPY STUDYING!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE EXAM THURSDAY!! CONGRATS ON YESTERDAY. I THINK WEIGHING NEXT WEEK IS A GOOD IDEA. GIVES YOURSELF A WEEK TO BE BACK ON TRACK.

BIG~ JUST TAKE US ALL WITH YOU IN YOUR BACK POCKET. WE WILL BE THERE IN SPIRIT WITH YOU ON THURSDAY. REMEMBER TO TAKE ALL THE POSITIVE STUFF TO HEART AND LEAVE ALL THE NEGATIVE JUNK THERE.
WE'LL BE ROOTING FROM THE SIDELINES! :cheer:

:wave: TO EVERYONE ELSE!

I HAD A GREAT DAY YESTERDAY. FREEZING MY BUTT OFF TODAY! :rofl: MY NEXT DR IS ON THE 15TH AND I AM A WEE BIT NERVOUS ABOUT IT. HOPE ALL THE TESTS WILL COME BACK OK. NOT GOING TO THINK ABOUT IT TILL THEN:rofl:
HAPPY TUESDAY!!!

Rocker Chick
05-02-2006, 11:05 AM
you are guys are the greatest, literally like I've known you all for years! I talked to the contact for OA yesterday and she was really nice! I will share all that I walk away with each time I go. Oh hey, you guys can PM me anytime too! Freddy---I really appreciate the offer! Like I say each time......NUTRICHICKS ARE AWESOME!

RubensMuse
05-02-2006, 11:46 AM
:hyper: I got my present, oh yes indeedie, I got my present, I'm so happe-e! :hyper:

Well I got my new pedometer as my gift to myself for getting to 20lbs! My old one was real simple only showed distance and time. My new one shows, distance, time, steps and calories burned! They didn't have the one I REALLY wanted but this one will work for now. I was happy about that. I think my next present will be new walking shoes. These should last me another 10 pounds (hopefully). The ones I have now just lack something in the support area at the heel and I think I need more there. My mom gave them to me as she could not wear them because of a bone spur in her foot or something like that. I need to do some research first though. I research everything before I buy it. I am such a nerd. :twirly:

I did eat off-plan yesterday, but no bad choices, so I was proud of myself there too. We were too far from home for so long yesterday so we had no choice. Today I am back on the NS and will be for the rest of the week. I have to go back on weighing every week for a month per doc request. They are changing some of my medication and they have to monitor fluid increases (if any) and blood pressure. So I will be weighing on Monday as well as measuring. I think my mom is coming in this weekend too, so that should be fun!! We play canasta and laugh alot.

Well that is it for today. I have alot of water to drink today as I did not do so hot in that department for the last 2 days and I can tell the difference. I get an empty 1 liter bottle, then fill it with water and tell myself I have to finish that by days end...that really helps and challenges me too!

Ok ladies that is it for now from me! Take care and :hug: all around!!

Big~ Let us know about your first day, how you feel, you foods etc. Inquiring minds want to know! :chin:

wickedgrl_76
05-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Good Afternoon Nutrichicks

How is everyone doing today? I'm doing good. I got back into doing my Turbo Jam yesterday. Last week I only exercised 2 days 'cause it was so hectic. But I got back on it yesterday & this morning because I can't workout tonight. I've also been 100% on NS since yesterday. It's such a pain when you get on the scale expecting to be down & it hasn't moved. But I'm not going to let this bring me down, I just gotta keep working hard. I've come too far to give up now. Plus I love all the compliments I've been getting, definately a plus. Have a great day ladies.

vikki50
05-02-2006, 11:23 PM
I really blew it last night. My daughter had a birthday party. I even ate the cake. I didn't even do that at my own birthday.. I have been strickly on the NS diet all day today. Even trying to get in all 8 glasses. The funny thing is that I felt terrible after I ate it all. Way to full and really yucky. So stupid of me. It was just an uncontrolable moment. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it. This is the first time since I started that I have done anything like that. I will just be more aware next time when I feel that way.

Mel, glad to see that you are doing good. I know the Dr. will turn out fine. You've been doing so great.

Freddy good luck on your tests.

And everyone else so glad to see that you are all staying motivated. I keep reading your posts it really helps keep up the momentem.

Rocker Chick
05-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey ya'll! Today is almost over for me, (Thank God!). The first day of a diet is such a hurdle, isn't it? I will be so happy to go to bed and put this day behind me! I have to say the food really does seem to keep me 'not hungry'. I am happy about that. But the urges to binge were almost unbearable today! Is there anything you do, or think about to gain control over this? I'm praying that I can walk away something, ANYTHING from the OA meeting this thursday night!

Ruben, thanks for that calorie counter...very helpful!

Stay motivated NUTRICHICKS!!! It's going to pay off in the end!

vikki50
05-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Hi there Big,
When I want to binge, I always think about the price of the food, and the fact that I have tried everything else, and it didn't work. This works if you do it, and stick with it. It has to , you can't fail, everything is right there, it is a no brainer. You don't have to think about portion control, or what to fix. It is so easy, and it will work. I also try to remember the first week, you lose so much in the first week, it is a great motivater. If you stick with it, you will see a tremendous loss in just 6 more days. Go for little mini goals. I also treat myself once a week with a few bites of anything I want. So I just keep myself that on Sunday, if I do well all week, I can have anything I want or am craving. It has always worked for me except for at my daughters birthday. And I didn't even try to fight the urge to binge, I just did it. Now I am going to pay the price I know. That 1 time will ruin a whole week of dieting. SO stay strong!!! You can do this!!! Just keep talking to yourself, and take it 1 day at a time, until it becomes second nature. Good luck!!!!

MELODY525
05-03-2006, 07:59 AM
RUBEN~ GLAD YOU GOT YOUR PRESENT. IT MAKES THE 20 LBS A VERY JOYOUS OCCASION!! CONGRATS AGAIN. BEING AWAY FROM HOME ALL DAY IS TOUGH. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I GO OUT TO THE HOSPITAL. BUT I THINK YOU GUYS DID A GOOD JOB. AFTER ALL, WE HAVE TO "LIVE"! LOL

BIG~ I SOMETIMES TALK MYSELF OUT OF IT BY USING COMMON SENSE. BUT LIKE VIKKI, I HAVE ALLOWED MYSELF A WEEKEND TREAT OF STARBUCK'S SKIMMED MILK FRAPPUCCINO IN A LITTLE BOTTLE. ONE SERVING SIZE AND EASIER TO CONTROL. I DECIDED THE FOOD IS A LOT OF MONEY TO WASTE AND ALL I AM DOING IS "DRAGGING" IT OUT IF I CONTINUE TO CHEAT.
CAUSE IN THE LONG RUN, I AM ONLY CHEATING MYSELF OUT OF HJEALTH. WE ALL GET THAT "AH HA" MOMENT WITH TIME WHERE YOU REALIZE YOU CAN AND WILL GAIN CONTROL. JUST KEEP TALKING GOOD THINGS TO YOURSELF. AND DO NOT WATCH TV FOOD PROGRAMS AND COMMERCIALS!!! :rofl:

WICKED~ SEEMS LIKE THE ENTIRE WORLD IS DOING TURBO JAM. A FRIEND CALLED LAST NIGHT AND SAID SHE GOT THAT AND A GAZELLE!!! GOOD TO SEE YOUR ATTITUDE ABOUT THE SCALE. IT MADE ME FEEL BETTER TOO! THANKS! :hug:

VIKKI~ I AM GLAD TO SEE YOU ATE THE CAKE AND AREN'T BEATING YOURSELF. I FIND THINGS LIKE THAT ARE PART OF MY LIFE AND AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T QUALIFY AS A BINGE OR OLD HABIT, THEN IT'S A GOOD THING. CONTROL AND PORTIONS ARE WHERE IT'S AT. AFTER ALL....CELEBRATIONS AND HOLIDAYS AREN'T GOING TO DISAPPEAR. :rofl:

FREDDY~ HOPE YOUR STUDYING IS GOING OK!!

I AM OFF TO THE LAUNDRY ROOM. YESTERDAY WAS 100% AND AM GOING FOR ANOTHER TODAY. YESTERDAY JEN AND I CLEARED OUT A DRESSER AND I THINK I CAN PUT MY BLANKETS IN THER AND GET RID OF AN OLD CEDAR CHEST. I COULD USE THE SPACE FOR ALL THE :moped: CHAIRS I HAVE. :lol3: A GOOD SPRING CLEANING WILL KEEP ME GOING!!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!! :sunny:

wickedgrl_76
05-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Good Morning Nutrichicks :cofdate:

And a very good morning it is :dancer:. I got on the scale this morning & it finally happened. I'm down 2lbs :carrot:. I'm finally in the 150's!! I was stuck on 160 for the last 3 weeks, it was killing me. I was so excited, I even weighed myself a couple of times just to make sure my scale isn't acting up :goodscale:. I feel so great! I'm definately back on track. I gotta keep going. My brother-in-law is getting married April 07' & I'm in the wedding party so I need to look smokin'! I'm going for the first fitting on May 20th & my mini goal is to fit into the demo dress. For those who don't know what a demo dress is, it's the model dress at the store that they fit you & measure you in. So I was told that store carries an 8 & a 10. So I need to fit into one of those. I think I can do it if I keep losing 2lbs a week. I guess we'll have to see. Have a wonderful day all!

Mini-Me
05-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Did anyone watch QVC yesterday? Nutrisystem was on, and the guest and callers said they fix a lot of the meals in the oven. According to them, it tastes better (they kept going on about baking the lasgna with some cheese on top).

I might try this

Rocker Chick
05-03-2006, 11:05 AM
thank you vikki!!:hug: and mel:hug: last night was rough! Your words are great...I guess I kind of was talking to myself yesterday, I was like...."just get through the day, I am powerless to food, so STOP thinking about it, DON'T let it control you" ... I was fine all day and then I started to get hungry before bed and I started to get grouchy. My husband came up to me and had obviously JUST eaten something:cbg: ...I was so mad!!!:rollpin: I was like STOP BREATHING YOUR FOOD BREATH IN MY FACE!!!! :devil:

But you know what, I went to bed and slept great, probably from the walk I took yesterday!!! I feel great now--- renewed strength for another day:wl: !! I guess that is how it's done, right??? One day at a time!

How much week did ya'll lose in the first week?

have a great day! stay strong!:goodluck:

wickedgrl_76
05-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Don't sweat it BIG. It'll get easier, I promise you. You just have to keep thinking about the awesome results you'll get & how great you feel. You just gotta keep your mind occupied with stuff. The first was rough but once you get trhough it, it's all good after that. My first week I lost 7lbs & it was such an amazing feeling. Don't worry about wat your hubby is eating 'cause you know that what you're doing is going to help you feel great. We're all here for you.

readyfreddy
05-03-2006, 05:06 PM
ruben- yay for goodies! how are you liking it??

wicked- yeah for getting out of the 160s!!! rock on :)

big- you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously- i think by day 3 my cravings had majorly subsided. think of this as a detox for your bod. all that sugar all those carbs have been reeking havoc with your blood sugar- now your bod is just getting used to the fact that it doesn't have to work so hard! you will be so pleased to weigh in after you stick to it for a whole week!
also if you havent yet- i recommend taking your measurements....that way if theres ever a week you dont see the scale move- you can see the inches come off!!!

i got my food yesterday and am back in the saddle with some renewed vigor (?? spell sorry)

picked up some protiens to add...

got 12 eggs and hard boiled them for am protien
got string cheeses, laughing cow light spreadable cheese triangles, and some amazing white chedder individually wrapped slices. these all meet the requirements (laughing cow is even under) for a dairy/prot serving. all one ounce or under and under 80 cals. i love cheese yum.

i also got some little cocktail hotdogs- but the good news is i was able to get this brand (i want to say chiradlles or something....) that i like the big sausages... its chicken apple sausage. yum! so i can micro 3 little ones in the am for a quick protien serving.

also got some zuchinni for veggies for dinner... mmm...

and some nf milk for cereal.

bannanas and oranges (read today that 1/2 ban is a fruit serving so opps need to start eating only half)
anyways just wanted to share in case anyone was having a hard time with their protien servings. i love cheese and i love that these are individually wrapped. grab and go. ;-) and i cant "cheat" and cut a bigger slice. hehehe

vikki- no worries about a minor slip up! back on plan chica!

mini- i like the micro because of the convience- but lets hear how your lasagne turns out!

big good luck tomorrow!

alright back to studying for me!!!

Rocker Chick
05-03-2006, 11:12 PM
I took my oldest and my youngest children to the grocery store today. I had to pick up some RX so I figured while I was waiting (worst place to have to be waiting, am I right?) I would get my son a reward (why am I rewarding with food? I know it's wrong!), for not biting his fingernails. What does he want? Donuts from the bakery and not just one either. Oh man, what was I thinking? My second day on a diet???? So I open the case and that smell hits me square in the face! Oh that smell! I just wanted to dive in...I was lost in it for about 15 seconds! I overcame though and haven't touched one yet! I just hope they get eaten soon (and not by me either!)! Today has been alot easier than yesterday! I still have to walk on the treadmill...BUT hey that's (almost) 2 days down now!!! yay

wickedgrl_76
05-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Nutrichicks

How is everyone this morning? Way to go BIG for over coming the donuts. I know it can be hard but you gotta stay strong. I think you should also encourage your children to eat healthier. It'll help you in the process also. Whenever you have your family eating healthy also, it definately helps you keep going strong without wanting to cheat. If you're going to reward them, you should do it with something better for them. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm preaching, I'm just trying to be supportive. Have a great day everyone.

MELODY525
05-04-2006, 08:53 AM
WICKED! I AM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU(AND SECRETLY JEALOUS) A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance: :carrot: :cb:

Freddy~ I am the queen of grab and go or I over eat. My idea of a portion of chees is half a block!!! :faint: I too love the cow cheese and with celery and apples! YUM!

Big~ I am an admitted carboholic and it was and still is tough for me so that is why, like Wicked, I try and stay busy when the "attack of the munchies" hits me. I find cleaning closets and drawers takes my mind off things and they can actually use the clearing out!!! :rofl: My DD and her BF smoke and eat the foods I love. When they come here I could just smack them in the head! :tantrum:
I know exactly how you feel!! :lol3: But we will survive.... another thing and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I was giving everyone food as treats or presents. Never realized what I was doing. Then one day my daughter and I sat down and she commented about it. Since then I have found other ways of showing love.
And it was good for me cause then it wasn't in the house tempting me either. Good luck and I think you are doing a great job and I love your attitude!

Mini~ I saw the QVC show also and thought I might try ther lasagna in the oven also. Made me want to go out and buy another toaster oven!!! :rofl:

Busy days for the next 2 days. i really need to finish this living room and Friday is food shopping and my chairs return:cheer: I cannot wait cause this one is so short I can't reach everything!! :tantrum:
Have a wonderful day!! :sunny:

Rocker Chick
05-04-2006, 10:58 AM
I totally agree with you guys...this ALL is going to be a life style adjustment that is going to take time for me (and my family) adjust to. I would be more strict about it, but my mother in law is visiting here, and she has never been on a diet in her life. It's not worth the arguement to get through the next two weeks before I start changing the families diet. Although I KNOW donuts are not ok, if I knew how to eat healthy I wouldn't be on n/s that supplies the food for me. Tonight is my first OA meeting, I really am trying to turn my life around, but it's going to take one step at a time, one day at a time!

wickedgrl_76
05-04-2006, 12:09 PM
BIG I know it's hard but it will get better. If you feel you have to reward your kids, try something healthier. If you can't change their lifestyle all at once, try changing little things. It will definately help you alot not having all the horrible temptations. As far as your mother in law being around, she's going to have to accept it & be supportive fo your new lifestyle. This is important to you & you should be around people that are going to help you succeed. My family has been incredibly supportive & I think that's what makes me keep going when I reach a hump. Good luck.

AmericanWomansong
05-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Did anyone watch QVC yesterday? Nutrisystem was on, and the guest and callers said they fix a lot of the meals in the oven. According to them, it tastes better (they kept going on about baking the lasgna with some cheese on top).

I might try this
I took my NS pizza and put some pre-shredded mozarella on it, cut up some carrots and broccoli...and added cayenne & garlic salt to the sauce. Put it on my pizza cermaic tile thangy in my oven and cooked it. The pizza thangy is BIG and I felt like I was wasting energy for my tiny lil' pizza, but I kept repeating to myself "You're worth it...you're worth it". It tasted pretty good that way.

I will admit though, I am pretty lazy. I will only do this to crisp any cheese on top of NS Entrees.

On another note, I ate a BUNCH of Popeye's chicken last weekend. I came by my mom's house and between my old baby-sitter from long long ago being in the ICU, hovering between life & death...and work stress...etc...I lost it and ate the comfort food.

Whenever I am feeling emotional, I must really watch it.

Rocker Chick
05-04-2006, 01:26 PM
thanks wicked, you're exactly right..,that is a wonderful way to change the kids lifestyle...if I feel I must reward to do it, with healthier "treats" ---BRILLIANT! ((The light bulb just came on))! As for my mother in law...she is old and very very southern...she'll never be supportive (of her own family) so NEVER for me! But my hubby is good and he does he TRY to keep her line!

Rocker Chick
05-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey nutrichicks let me ask you all a question. For breakfast you eat, a fruit (or juice) and a dairy or protein. So just to clarify...I could have a whole fat free, light yogurt with my n/s pancakes, and a 1/2 cup of OJ?? Or even I could've scrambled an egg instead of the yogurt???? Is this right?

RubensMuse
05-04-2006, 02:52 PM
:flame: You are burning Wicked!! Great job!!! It is so great to go to the next group of 10's isn't it. Now I have to concentrate on getting out of the 20's.

Big ~ To be honest. I had the most awful urges in the first week. I seemed to want everything I couldn't have. Did you get your free food list?? If you didn't let me know and I will get it too you. That list was MY savior. For my sweet tooth craving I had FF whipped cream with my fruit and a few other things. I made a challenge to myself to stay on plan, but work with what was given to me to fulfill that urge. I don't know if this will help, but hope so.

Ladies my SIL finally got her shippment last night and she will become a Nutrichick on Monday!!!! :carrot:
I am so excited for her! She is giving herself the weekend to prepare and shop and so forth. I had to do that too. I told her I will hit the diet solid and totally on plan with her Monday so she is not alone in this. I've been able to eat off plan some and still lose, but I will keep it strict if it means helping her out. Her only son is getting married in August and she wants to be in better 'shape' before then.

Well I am dying for my Turbo Jam DVD to arrive. It is getting too hot to walk these days and I want to be able to do something indoors. I mean it has been like 2 weeks!!! Where is the thing? They said it shipped. errrr.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well!!! Later Chickies you are all sooooo awesome, even the cake eaters ;)

RubensMuse
05-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Big~~ yes and yes your meals sound right inline!!!

RubensMuse
05-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Big~ Darling did you measure yourself as well as weigh the first day? If you didn't I almost beg you to do so. You will see inches come off even when the scale is pokey. It will really help after a few weeks and things start to get 'boring'. I measure and all this dieting makes sense and I can go another day, week, whatever.

If you do measure, do hips, thighs, calves, biceps, neck and waist

wickedgrl_76
05-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey Chicks!

Ruben~ Thanks for your cheering. It feels great to have people who are going through the same ups & downs as I am. Atleast I don't feel so alone. I mean, I know I'm not alone 'cause my hubby is my cheering section everyday but he's not struggling with weight. He's actually trying to gain weight 'cause he's so thin. That just annoys me.

Big~ I'm glad I could help with my idea. I'm sure it'll be hard to cut your kids off cold turkey from the treats but if you're going to, give them something a little better for them. It's really important for kids to learn healthier ways when they're young so that they can carry that with them when they get older. Whenever I have my niece(she's 6) for the weekend & I ask her what she wants to eat she always says mcdonalds... taco bell... burger king... white castle. And I tell her that she needs to eat better foods because when she gets older, she's not going to be able to eat that junk & stay skinny. I would never want to see her struggle with weight when she grows up. I know how hard it is, I would never wish that on anyone. So it's easier for them to learn early on so that they can grow up with that.

I'm going out to dinner tonight to celebrate that I'm teh half way mark of my weight loss. I think we're going to the Outback but I'm not worried, I know I'll eat what's right. Have a wonderful night ladies. Talk to you tomorrow.

readyfreddy
05-04-2006, 05:07 PM
american- yeah i feel you! thats totally me!

big- you can do it! youre meals sound perfect.

heres my 2 cents about the donuts incident- first of all YEAH FOR MAINTAINING CONTROL!!!! that rules!
second.... baby steps!!! you can make changes your fam wont even know are there!!

first- probably one donut might be okay as an occaisional treat- demanding multiple donuts... not so cool! first- it doesn't even sound like he appreciated the "treat" but just wanted to get as much from you as he could- milk it for what its worth- which is never good! lol okay im done preaching sorry if the advice is not wanted or warranted!

how old is your son?

some "rewards" to consider (which might not be age appropriate...) could be -

ticket to see a movie
choice of family movie rental
new sports gear- ball, raquet, clothes etc if hes into it
video games
tix to go see a concert
tix to a game
new hat
new clothes

these are all biggies... def more than a dozen donuts .... but maybe he can get reward pts or something and save them for something bigger??

if hes over 14... that might not work... if hes older,
car privledges, gas $$, fun $$ etc

hope that helps!!

i stuck to it last night and im going to do it today!!! yay for ns...

heres my sample plan...

bfast-
h20 (1)
granola
skim milk
half bananna

snack
other half bananna
hb egg
h20 (2)

lunch
sweet potatoes mashed (ns entre)
oz cheese
(salad but i dont normally eat it...oops)
h20 (3)

snack
ns dessert- normally they soy chips
h20 (4)

dinner
ns pizza
small orange
zuchinni cooked in a bit of olive oil
h20 (5)

evening... try to drink as much h20 as posisble!

Rocker Chick
05-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey freddie...thanks for the info...I will try that.

I went to OA last night! I am so glad that I did too! The group was small about 15-20 maybe, all women, all different ages, and sizes. They were all so friendly and it was such a great feeling being with so many people that suffer as I do. The feeling of not being alone anymore is great! The first step is to admit that you're powerless to food. DONE! I am and I'm ready to start helping myself with God's help (my higher power), to surrender all of this baggage I carry around...for example...THE NEED TO CONTROL EVERYONE, AND EVERYTHING!! My life is such a mess and out of control, so I think that may be one reason that I feel this terrible need to do this! Through OA I hoping to recover from the addiction to food, and to maybe even become a better wife, and mother, and all around good person! I will definately be going back! Today is day 4 for me on N/S and I have also been binge free, and have abstained from compulsively overeating! But like they say at OA...one day at a time. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet, so I can only control today. Thanks to all of you for your support, and advice! It's a good thing here! It's so great not being alone!

readyfreddy
05-05-2006, 02:26 PM
big- glad you liked the meeting!!! :)

i am thinking of weighing tomorrow. ;) because i have been so good the past couple of days, i can really see my stomach shrinking and im kinda curious. lol. i wont get my hopes up too high- 136 or under would be awesome :) esp with my ahem off plan eating last week. lol.

i guess it depends how i feel tomorrow.

life here is good- sticking to ns- studying.... etc.

i have been having my one treat (a grande starbucks chai nf latte 230 cals....) i call it a fruit and two protiens lol... ie sugar and milk??? it helps me study! lol.

ahh well....

mel- how are you feeling hun?

AmericanWomansong
05-05-2006, 04:15 PM
bigfatty, Best of luck to you girl. I was in Alnon for 5 years. The one thing I started to learn (and it is truly an ongoing process) is that "I am not in control of people, places & things". Trust remember to keep your feet on the ground...some 12 step members make it a religion and try to tell you what to think and feel...but they are in the minority. Most are pretty down to earth and fun to be with.

I dropped out since I got burned out...I hosted all the titles (treasurer, coffee person, chair person etc) and I found it did not do much for me anymore. I felt that way for a few years before I finally left.

I got what I needed and shared it. I do not believe that you MUST FOREVER keep going back...but many do believe that.

God is in control and He is our security blanket. That is what I need to remember everyday of my life. +

readyfreddy
05-06-2006, 12:12 AM
hey all i heard an interesting commercial

kids saying
"please dad can i have some processed food"
"ill be extra good if i can have some grease"
etc you get the point - diabetes, obesity health warning....

but the message at the end was
"remember your choices affect their chances"

just thought it was interesting re our earlier convo and also for those of us that dont have kids...

OUR choices affect OUR chances

kind of interesting when you think what you put into your mouth (or dont) DOES affect our chances of health problems later in life. its one of those things that i know on one level but sometimes because it doesnt affect my day to day i can ignore it. plus, because its an accumulation thing, its always easy to justify- this one chocolate bar wont give me diabetes after all.....

just my "food" for thought for the day ;)

deesharee
05-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Hi
I'm new to this board - I'm Dee and I lost 13 pounds in 5 weeks on this NS plan so far. I love it...the convenience, the support - so far, so good!!! I need to lose 50 more...

Have a great day... Dee

MELODY525
05-06-2006, 09:00 AM
:welcome: DEE AND GOOD LUCK. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE OOF TO A GREAT START TOO!!

BIG~ I THOUGHT OF YOU THIS WEEK WHILE I WAS SHOPPING AND WORKING (NEED SOME EXTRA CASH..LOL) I AM GOING TO SLOW DOWN A BIT AND DO BABY STEPS ALSO. FOR SOME REASON I HAVE BEEN RUSHING MYSELF TO GET IT "ALL TOGETHER" AND IT'S BEEN TOO MUCH. SO THANKS FOR THE REMINDER AND THE LESSON!!! I AM SO GLAD YOU LIKED THE MEETING!! :hyg:

:wave: TO EVERYONE ELSE. I NEED TO GET GOING HERE AS SOMEONE IS MOVING SOME FURNITURE OPUT AND I HAVE ALARMS AND DOORS TO UNLOCK ETC. BEEN A VERY BUSY FEW DAYS AND WEEKEND NOW. MY CHAIRS ARE HERE AND WORKING WONDERFULLY. I WAS OUTSIDE BEST PART OF YESTERDAY. MONDAY IS MALL SHOPPING AND TUESDAY IS WORKING THE ELECTION.
SO BUSIER TIMES ARE COMING UP TOO.
SORRY IF I HAVEN'T BEEN VERY SUPPORTIVE. IT'S HARD TO WORK AND THEN SPARE TIME TYPING. THE ARMS ARE NOT WHAT THEY USED TO BE. I'M TIRED JUST THINKING ABOUT IT ALL!! :rofl: :rofl:
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND.

readyfreddy
05-06-2006, 12:11 PM
WELCOME DEE!! :)

mel- take care of yourself! though we miss you, we'll manage ;) your health is more important!

well i weighed today and .... drumroll... i weighed 135.5! woohoo for breaking through the 136 plateau. AND that was after going out to lunch yesterday (i only had half a sandwhich) but THEN my friend only ate half of hers so she was like why don't you take both of our other halves home (she lives out of town) so i did. sigh. because i cant waste food and then i ate them for dinner. so anyways that was after a sandwich and a half of off plan eating. lol

anyways im going to keep sticking to my plan and look forward to weighing on wed and hopefully seeing 134!!!

have a great weekend! :)

Rocker Chick
05-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey nutrichicks!! The good news is in--I've lost 6 pounds!! yay! Today is actually day number seven, so I should've weighed tomorrow morning then it probably would've been 7 pounds my first week! Does it stay like this, or do you stop losing so much?

wickedgrl_76
05-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Good Afternoon Nutrichicks

:welcome3: DEE & congrats on the weight loss. Keep going girl!

Way to go BIG :cheer: :cheer:. I'm so happy for you. Don't you feel great? Unfortunately from now on when you lose it won't be that much each week. It'll be between 1-3lbs a week. The first week you lose water weight & you're shocking your system. As long as you consistantly lose weight every week, you'll see how fast those numbers add up. Keep up the excellent work!

My weigh in is on wednesday & hopefully I'm down atleast 1lb. I have to go for my first fitting for my bridesmaid dress on May 20th & I want to be able to fit into the demo dress. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'd like to be down 5lbs by then. I think I can do it if I bust my butt. Wish me luck ladies. Have a wonderful day.

Rocker Chick
05-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks Wicked! :^: This week has been somewhat of a struggle. I hope it gets easier. As far as not being so hungry and basically just getting into a routine. So that I will be able to not think about it so much.

Here's wishing you lots of luck for you fitting! :crossed: :goodvibes

Rocker Chick
05-08-2006, 06:33 PM
:flame: You are burning Wicked!! Great job!!! It is so great to go to the next group of 10's isn't it. Now I have to concentrate on getting out of the 20's.

Big ~ To be honest. I had the most awful urges in the first week. I seemed to want everything I couldn't have. Did you get your free food list?? If you didn't let me know and I will get it too you. That list was MY savior. For my sweet tooth craving I had FF whipped cream with my fruit and a few other things. I made a challenge to myself to stay on plan, but work with what was given to me to fulfill that urge. I don't know if this will help, but hope so.

Ladies my SIL finally got her shippment last night and she will become a Nutrichick on Monday!!!! :carrot:
I am so excited for her! She is giving herself the weekend to prepare and shop and so forth. I had to do that too. I told her I will hit the diet solid and totally on plan with her Monday so she is not alone in this. I've been able to eat off plan some and still lose, but I will keep it strict if it means helping her out. Her only son is getting married in August and she wants to be in better 'shape' before then.

Well I am dying for my Turbo Jam DVD to arrive. It is getting too hot to walk these days and I want to be able to do something indoors. I mean it has been like 2 weeks!!! Where is the thing? They said it shipped. errrr.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well!!! Later Chickies you are all sooooo awesome, even the cake eaters ;)

Hey Rube,..I don't see a free food list...where'd you get it from?

RubensMuse
05-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Big~~~~ WHOOHOO on the Loss!!!! Message me and I will email you the list :)

Welcome Dee!!!! Glad to have you!!

Hey Ya'll!
What a past week and what a weekend. Please don't make me recap as most of it was awful as well as diet destructive (poor eating and no exercise). Let's just say I am back on NS STRICT partly cause I need to and partly as support for my SIL who just started today. I weighed this AM and was sorely disappointed as I saw a gain, but I won't change my ticker until next Monday as I want to treat this like a new beginning and hopefully it will be gone. If not, I will face facts and move the number. I am back to my walking. On thing I learned though ladies, is my stress and emotional state plays havoc on any dieting I have in motion. Food does not motivate me nor do I obsess over it, but I get in this "i just don't care" mode.

Anyway, I am back on track and will be here everyday as this awesome support group definately brings my eyes back into focus.

Thank you ladies!!!!

I hope everyone is doing great and having success!!!

I am also waiting to see if I get a now job I have put in for.

vikki50
05-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Welcome Dee!

Congratualations Big, that's a wonderful start

Freedy, whoopeeeeeee!!! You're doing so great!!

Ruben, I have fallen off the wagon too. My boyfriend came down. He brought Filets, Stuffed mushrooms, Grilled shrimp in garlic butter, etc. etc.
He wasn't trying to sabatoge my diet, he is really being supportative, but he just thought I needed a treat, and that his choices were all healthy... LOL
And they wouldn't have been that bad, except I could not control the amount I ate. It just tasted so darn good, I ate everything. I was absolutely miserable. If I could have thrown up I would have.. LOL... I was amazed at how much my stomach had shrunk. I normally would have ate more than I did. I guess that is a good thing, and now I know what it feels like to stuff myself again. I don't like that feeling, so hopefully will remember that and not do it again.
But it has been hard to get back into the swing of it. I was so hungry all day yesterday. But I stuck with the plan, and today I haven't done to bad. I stopped at my moms at lunch, she had just fried chicken, I couldn't resist, I had 1 chicken wing. I'm not sure how many calories, but didn't have my afternoon snack, so hope it won't affect anything.

I just need to concentrate, and get back in the groove.

Hope everyone else is doing great!!

Later

wickedgrl_76
05-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Good Tuesday morning chicks!

How is everyone doing today? I'm doing pretty good. I started a pilates workout this morning. I've been wanting to add a resistance workout to my routine but I don't really like doing weights. So I picked up one of Mari Windsors dvds. It's from the maximum burn series & it's 2 workouts in 1. There's a standing cadio/pilates one & then there's the basic floor pilates, which is what I wanted to do. I need to tighted my tummy notw that I've lost alot of weight. I tried the workout for the first time this morning & it was pretty good. Some moves were ridiculous but I did my best. I feel so energized.

RUBEN~ Don't worry about what happened last week or weekend. Everyone falls off the wagon but what's important is that you get back on. You can't deny your body whatever it's craving. Today is a brand new day. Keep going!

VIKKI~ I definately would have indulged too if my hubby brought me all those delicious foods. I don't see anything wrong with treating yourself once in a while. About every 3 weeks my hubby & I go to Coldstone Creamery & I get ice cream. If you're working hard, then you should definately treat yourself.

Tomorrow is my weigh in & I need to keep my fingers crossed. I really really hope I'm down atleast 1lb. I'd love it if it was more than that but I'll be happy with 1lbs. Have a wonderful day ladies.

RubensMuse
05-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Ahh ladies you are always there with the support :grouphug:
Thanks.

I did real well yesterday, but it was like starting all over. The hunger pangs the cravings...my SIL called me and the first words out of her mouth after she picked up the phone was "I'm hungry" and she repeated it after everything I said. It was funny, but I was right there with her and felt the same thing, though maybe not as bad. She is a quantity eater, like I used to be, but I found that last week more like perpetual grazing on bad stuff. No big amounts at one time, but bad stuff progressively through the week. It was just ugly.

Well I will begin my Turbo Jam today. I will check back in later and let you all know how that went...should be a humorous entry for you all :)

wickedgrl_76
05-09-2006, 11:44 AM
RUBEN I'm so glad you're starting Turbo Jam. I started that on the same day as NS & I love it! I lost alot of inches quick, specially around my waist. It's such a fun workout. That's what I alternate with pilates. I'm doing TJ 4-5 times a week & I look forward to it. My sister, who started NS 3 weeks ago, also is doing TJ. When she started NS all I heard was "I'm hungry". The worst part is that where we work (yes we work together too), they're always bringing in cakes & cookies & bagels & candy. And on her 3rd day it was someone's b-day & there was a huge chocolate cake. She kept asking me if she could & I felt like a drill sargeant telling her NO!!! But she thanks me everyday whenever she feels like she's going to be bad & I'm kicking her butt back to reality. Let me know which TJ video you started & how you liked it.

MELODY525
05-10-2006, 08:14 AM
:cofdate: GOOD MORNING NUTRICHICKS!!
I WANTED TO SAY HELLO AND HOPE YOU'RE ALL DOING WELL. IT'S BEEN A VERY BUSY FEW DAYS AND THE ELECTION IS OVER. WE WON OF COURSE. :rofl:
NOW IT'S TIME FOR REST AND FOR ME TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF! :dance:
I HAVE ALREADY HEARD FROM ONE DOCTOR AND HE HAS OFFICIALLY ASKED ME TO GET OFF THE NS PLAN AND GO BACK TO THE WAY I WAS EATING BEFORE. THE MICHAEL THURMOND 6 WEEK BODY MAKEOVER DIET PLAN.
THE ROSACEA IS OUT OF CONTROL ON MY FACE AND GOING INTO MY LOWER EYELIDS. SO IT WILL BE GOODBYE FOR NOW. WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR PLANS AND GOALS. :encore:
HAPPY MAY TO YOU ALL!!! :hug:

Rocker Chick
05-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey Mel, I will be so sad to see you go!:( BEST BEST BEST of luck to you in all that you do girlfriend!!!:hug:

RubensMuse
05-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Mel, that doesn't mean you can't stop in though!!! Sheesh we still need you too! But I do hope everything goes great for you wherever you land :hug:

Ok I promised to tell you of my first endeavor of Turbo Jam..... ok lemme get some water.....brb

RubensMuse
05-10-2006, 12:11 PM
OK.....
First: Let me start by saying that I like the program as I have watched it and done the Learn and Burn sessions so far. I definately feel the workout and start sweating pretty early into it.

Second: I am about as coordinated as a blind mechanic trying to put in new spark plugs.

Third: I obviously have no latin or african-american genes, as I have the rhythm of a one-legged cricket.

With that out of the way....let me share...

I was dressed in my stylish black capri sweat pants with pink and red piping down each leg. New shoes (New Balance 691's) shining in brilliant white upon my feet. Coffee table slid out of the way exposing a wide area in which to perform whatever acts lovely Chalene was about to put upon me. Pugs, set cozy upon the couch with a treat and toys. They were content.

With mounting excitement, though perhaps with some trepidation, I put the DVD in the player and pressed PLAY. I stood there.

Let me take you ladies into my mind......:idea:
Borderline club music, introductions.....yeah yeah fastforward. Ok here we go Ok....Learning the moves....ok here goes....ok making mental notes. There are 11 moves...ok I can do that one, that one, that one, and that one, ok that one, uh, not that one so much....faster? uh, um.....ok punch, twist, crap I hit the side if the TV cabinet. Gotta back up here. No pug stay there, mommas fine. Ok, side, side, kick CRAP...oh baby mommas sorry. I told you to stay on the couch. Momma does not want to play. Stay. Stay. here's your bone. Stay. Good boy. Ok. kick, kick, wait my belly button goes where? Um Um ok. SLOW DOWN FOR GODS SAKE..punch, twist, knee, row....no baby, stay on the couch. no no both of you back on the couch. Fine, at your own peril pugs. Kick, arms, bounce bounce, ouch my knee...no bounce, weave I can weave and do the modified stuff...ok hair, hair is in my way. Keep going...kick pump, crap I can't keep up with the thing! Uh uh, no no Chalene I am NOT ready...ok, 5 more minutes....ok my butt hurts, no I can't do that slow it burns by rear...crunch crunch, this is cool, shake it baby, man I jiggle alot, how come i can't shake like her?...crunch, shake it god that is an awful feeling, i so have no coordination.....ok NO NO slow DOWN....ok ok ok..ow, uh...ow, ok...good good cool down, ok that is nice...feels good. OK. Alright. Need a rag for this sweat. Ok need water. OOOh there are a few chips left. No NO don't eat those you idiot!.

At this point I plopped on the couch with the pugs and relaxed some. I did enjoy it but man will I need practice.

readyfreddy
05-10-2006, 01:51 PM
ruben- lol thanks for the laugh!!!!

big- huge congrats on your loss! awesome 1st week!

mel- sorry to hear you are going- all the best!!! well miss you

vikki and wicked- how are you ladies doin?

sorry im not around much- sooo busy!

i had 2 bad days :( stress eating again boo. but yesterday was perfect and i have the feeling today will be too :) woohoo!!! i have motivation- no more screwing around! im not getting more ns (because the whole point was to get it while i was in school and didnt have time to cook- and ill be done as of may 17th) but i am taking my portion control lessons with me!!! so anyways i wanted to lose 10 lbs on this... and now for the next 2 weeks i have NO excuse!!! im sticking to it... its the home stretch and i think i can meet my goal!

miss you gals- sorry im not around for support as much!!

ill be back after friday!

ps im already half way doen with finals! woo hoo!

Rocker Chick
05-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Ruben, oh my gosh! I don't think I've laughed this hard ever!!!! I can relate girlfriend. I haven't done turbo jam, but that sounded like me with the ones I've tried in the past! Way Way too funny!!! Sounds like it worked ya out good though! How long was it?

Hey Freddy! You've been missed! Congrats on getting back with it! You are so close to your goal--YOU CAN DO IT!!!

wickedgrl_76
05-11-2006, 09:32 AM

MEL~I'm sorry to hear you're going but jut know that we'll be here if you need to chat. Good Luck!

RUBEN~You're funny but I know what you mean. When I first started TJ I was a little uncoordinated also. But after a few days you get the moves down & you start having a blast. I love TJ! I've never sweat so much in my life doing a workout. Keep going & working your butt off (literally) :carrot:

So I've come to the conclusion that I need a new scale. I got on it yesterday morning & it said 158 (which is the same as last week), then to make sure I weighed myself again & I was up 1lb! I put the scale in the kitchen where the floor is the flatest & it went back down to 158. I'm ready to throw it out the window. I got on it this morning & I was 157 so I'll take it. But I will go this weekend & get a good scale. So I've reached the half way to my goal point. I'm excited. I have my next shipment of NS coming next week with the 20lb bear. I can't wait. Have a wonderful day ladies.

Rocker Chick
05-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Wicked, that is so great!!! Keep up the good work girlfriend! :carrot:

wickedgrl_76
05-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks BIG, I really appreciate the support. I gotta be honest that I've been very emotional during this whole experience. I've spent 8 years of my life being heavy... wasted years. I don't know why I didn't try this sooner. I've tried sooo many different diet & diet pills. I did lose some but I would gain it back very soon after. Because everything failed, I just gave up :cry: . For a long time I kinda accepted that maybe I was just suppose to be heavy. What was I thinking! This is the most weight I've lost in the 8 years that I put the weight on. I get very choked up when I think about it. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful supportive family. I get something nice said to me everyday from my sister or my hubby or my dad. I'm so glad to have them on my side. And now to have found this really great forum with all of your wonderful ladies, it just makes things easier. Specially if I'm having a bad day or bad week I know that I'm not alone. Thank you ladies for all the wonderful support, I really appreciate everything that is said :grouphug:. Now that I made myself sound like a sap, I'm going to go have my afternoon snack. Have a wonderful day.

wickedgrl_76
05-16-2006, 08:33 AM

How was everyone's Mother's Day & weekend? Mine was ok. The weather wasn't as nice as I wanted it to be but atleast it didn't rain. I ate some stuff that I shouldn't have & yet I lost 1lb. I'm sure I could have lost more if I had stuck to the plan. It's hard when there are piles of empanadas (an argentine dish) just staring at you. I told myself that I would have only 1 but I had 4!!! That's all I ate for lunch & dinner with a little bit of salad. I guess it could have been worse. My sister & I bbq'd for my mom on sunday & we had sooo much food & I didn't eat any of it. Just the empanadas. I hope everyone has a great day.

Rocker Chick
05-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi wicked! and all! Good to hear that you're still losing wicked, congrats!

Mother's day was good...but way too hot...record high 90s:mad:

I have a question for you all...I weighted today (and yesterday and the day before, even though I know I shouldn't have) but I haven't lost a pound since last tuesday. I have been strict on n/s, not one single cheat. I've been drinking all the water, and exercising at least 5 days. Is this normal?:?:

wickedgrl_76
05-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Hi BIG

Speaking from personal experience, yes it is normal that you plateau some weeks. It's happened to me twice that for 2 weeks in a row I stayed the same. You could be gaining muscle or if you're close to TOM. Make sure you drink ALOT of water. Also make sure you measure yourself 'cause just because the scale doesn't move doesn't mean you're not losing inches. Don't always rely on the scale, go by how your clothes are fitting & how you're feeling. Don't worry about it & definately don't get discouraged. Just keep doing what you're doing & you'll see it move. Keep it up :carrot:

Rocker Chick
05-17-2006, 10:45 AM
thanks wicked...it is so hard when the scale doesn't move. I'm hanging in there though. Yesterday was really hard (and I'm sure today will be too). My hubby had surgery yesterday and because of sleep apnea had to go to the ICU. He didn't get moved until after we left for the night around 8:30. So I was at the hosptial all day and my baby was so crabby, I had to hold her and stand with her the whole time! It sucked.:mad: When I got home I wanted to eat everything in site. I was thinking about how I must really be an emotional eater, and stress eater! (amoungst othere things, haha :D )..I didn't though...so yay! Onto a new day!:carrot:

wickedgrl_76
05-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Hey Nutrichicks

Good goin' BIG. Don't give into temptation, be strong. I hope your hubby is ok. But don't let the stress break you. I was bad last night, we ordered chinese, which normally I get steamed chicken & string beans but I wanted sesame chicken sooo bad that I ate some. Actually I ate it all!! But I've been good for a long time, I'm still losing & I haven't had sesame chicken in about 4 months. So I don't feel bad about it. Whenever I eat something "bad", I don't feel bad about it. You can't go through life without indulging once in a while. Just as long as it's not everyday & over eating. Have a good night.

vikki50
05-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Hello All, I've been so busy at work I haven't been on for awhile. I also haven't had time to weigh. I just decided to skip it for 2 weeks, eat right, and see what happened. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS. I couldn't stand it anymore, and I weighed tonight, IT's NOT EVEN MORNING, And I was down to 190!!!!!! That is 6 lbs. I can't believe it!! I am in shock. I haven't changed my ticker, I want to see what it says in the morning. This has been going so slow for me, and then all of sudden, when I stopped obscessing about what I was going to do, and focused on work and trying to have 100% days it has just fallen off... I weighed 4 times, I hope that tomorrow it doesn't say I gained. I am having a hard time believeing this....

I know I am rambleing, I am just so excited!!

I hope eveyone else is doing well!!

Rocker Chick
05-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Hey Vikki I hope it is even less tomorrow! Make sure and let us know...it's very inspiring! I know, my scale hasn't moved since my initial weigh in. How long have you been on N/S?

vikki50
05-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks Big, It is still at 190, this morning and all day. I am so excited, I changed my ticker!!!!
I started March 13, so just a little over 2 months. I lost 9 lbs the first week, and then things just slowed way down. I didn't lose anything for 3 weeks. Then lost about 4, and then nothing for another few weeks until now. It just seems weird, I expected to lose about a 1 or 2 lbs a week. But it hasn't gone that way for me. It is either nothing, or a big loss. I never did measure myself, kept forgetting to buy a tape measure.. LOL anyway, I think I was losing inches, my cloths were getting loser, but the scale never showed it.
I am so happy I dug out some of my summer clothes from 2 years ago and they fit. This really does help to keep me motivated.

Just hang in there, you body might be doing what mine has done. I have lost 19 lbs in 2 months. Not to bad, I will definitely take it. Now just 41 more to go. I am 1/3 of the way there... Maybe by labor day I will be near goal.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing good.

gretaleann
05-21-2006, 02:24 PM
My name is Greta and I've order my NS today! I do not now if is going to be good but I'm hoping.. I used to have a great body but after 2 kids, I'm not that georgeous anymore! I feel soooooooooooo fat and ugly that is unreal!
Wish me luck!!

Greta

gretaleann
05-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Did anyone of you know about EPH 200??

Rocker Chick
05-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Welcome Gretaleann! Hope your weight loss journey is wonderful!

Vikki, it's so reassuring to know that your body is reacting the same as mine! At least I know it's not just me then! Thank you!:hug: And I'm so happy that your weightloss stuck!! Yay!!! Way to go girlfriend!

RubensMuse
05-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Since I been away....

1. Not dieting...been bad real real bad.
2. I am changing jobs and that has thrown me off big time and have been so stressed. I am trying to get everything done before I lose my 'days' as I will not be working from home any longer. At least not on the one job (I have 2).
3. Family issues...The Hub is great, but he is totally not dieting and brings crap in the house. The other family issues are non dieting, but add to the stress and complete lack of focus.

Those pretty much sum it up. I have been so very very busy and eating poorly has been the side effect. I have been trying so hard to get things situated that quite frankly the energy of dieting fell to the wayside. My Turbo Jam CD was used 3 times and is now on the shelf. I feel depressed about this and very angry at myself. BUT..... Monday (tomorrow) starts a new commitment. My new shipment came yesterday, and I totally forget about the autodelivery......it was such such a slap in the face to get my self back inline. I so sabotage myself and I have done this all my life which is why I have managed to hang on to this weight for so many years. I told The HUB he is dieting too again as I refuse to make two meals, or he feeds himself. I am terrified to weigh, and I might just not or I am sure depression will set in and ruin everything indefinately.

Ladies, I need you. Please get me back on track here. I cannot cave in. Greta I so know how you feel on the ugly thing. Just a few weeks ago I felt so good and so energized and now I feel like a failure. You ARE on your way though and can make it work! The diet does work, but stick with it!

**sigh***

Rocker Chick
05-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey Rube, we're all here for you!:hug: And all have been where you are right now! I had a bad couple of days too! And I've just started my journey!:( My hubby is in the hospital so I've been stressed. It's so hard keeping the house together and kids inline, and fix meals and go to the hosp. and all the other stuff that goes on in ones life. So like so many have told me...don't focus on falling off the wagon, just pick yourself back up and focus on Today (or tomorrow when you start again)! You can do it sista! Look how far you've come, that wasn't easy! I have complete faith in you! Don't beat yourself up, you are doing great and YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!:)

vikki50
05-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Ruben, you can do it. I know what you mean about being so busy and stressed. I own a floral and gift shop. This is my busiest time of year. But I found that having the NS meals made it easier, I didn't have to stop and think about what I was going to eat. I just grabbed it and ran. Of course I don't have kids or a husband to worry about. LOL

Anyway tomorrow is a new day. You can do it!!

And Big, just hang in there, I didn't think I was losing either. And I bet I sit at this weight for another 3 weeks. But I know if I stick with it the lbs will come off.

wickedgrl_76
05-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Good Afternoon Nutrichick!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was so great. Saturday I had to go for my bridesmaid dress fitting. I had kept my fingers crossed that I would fit into the size 10 demo dress. Well when I got there, they only had one size... a 6!! I wanted to cry because I knew I wasn't going to fit into a 6. I was so mortified, I wanted to run out of the store. I told the other girls to go first & they all looked great. The other 3 girls are short & big busted like I am but they're thinner. So when my turned rolled around, I was just so nervous. Not only was I going to try to fit into this tiny dress, but I was also suppose to walk out into the salon area to be measured. It just couldn't get worse! So there I am holding this dress... I get my legs in & close my eyes as I pull it up... I get it around my hips... no way! No bumps.... then I get the rest of my body in & dread zipping it up 'cause I know it's not going to zip. I GOT IT HALF ZIPPED UP!!! A SIZE 6!!! I was on the brink of tears that I was in a size 6 hald zipped up. I walk out of the dressing room out onto the salon & my future sister in law's jaw drops to the floor. She knows how hard it's been for me & what an accomplishment that moment was for me. No I am not a size 6, they ordered me a 10 because of my chest. I was so worried about being the biggest girl that I was actually the second to smallest! The tiniest girl is an 8 just because of her chest also & the other girl who looks alot smaller than me ended up being in a size & a half bigger than me. I was on cloud 9. I still have a ways to go so I know that they're going to have to take in the size 10 when I get it. I just can't describe what it felt like to actually get my hips & waist into a 6. I haven't been a size 6 since jr high. Then they did my measurements & my waist is a 28. I can't remember the last time that my waist was a 28. Girls I can't even tell you how happy & proud of myself I felt. I was so happy that I ate really crappy the rest of the weekend. I have my NS shipment coming in today so I started fresh 100% back today. I just wanted to share my story with you girls because you guys know how it feels. Have a great day all.

vikki50
05-22-2006, 03:47 PM
YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you wicked. It must have felt absolutely wonderful. You are doing so great. I know by the wedding they will have to redo the entire dress!!!!!!

RubensMuse
05-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Aww Wicked!!!! How awesome!!!!! I think I was a size 6 at birth....
Congratulations and you are close to goal now so keep up the good work.

Girls..thanks for the support. I was really beating myself up, more than I expected and I am sure it is becasue I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all the changes lately. I am taking a break from work right and probably should be on the internet, but I needed to check in for my 'fix'.

I ate on plan yesterday, though bad weather stopped me from walking. The Hub was home too and I refuse to Turbo Jam in front of him. This apartment is just so small I have no other room to do it in other than the living room. Oh well, I will be able to walk tonight (hopefully). It is still overcast, but it might clear up. I am back on plan and am going through the starting-over-again hunger pains between meals. If I knew it wouldn't go away, I would be cheating demon.

Well before I get in trouble. I am off. I am going to try and make my ticker weight by Monday and if I have not, I will have to adjust it UP. I can do this!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGS :grouphug: to ALL OF YOU AWESOME LADIES!!!!!

wickedgrl_76
05-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey Nutrichicks

How's everyone doing today? Thank you ladies for the nice words of encouragement. It does feel amazing but I still have a ways to go. I'm hoping that they will have to take in the dress alot by the time it comes in (march). I've pretty much been 100% on the program. I think today I'm going to splurge a little but I won't go crazy. It's TOM for me so I need something really yummy. I won't deny my body anything it craves but everything in moderation. I started doing pilates every morning & I feel great during the day. I've got energy & it makes me feel like I've accomplished something when I workout in the morning. I've also been doing Turbo Jam when I get home from work & I gotta say that I enjoy working out twice a day. I know I sound sick but I really do. I don't think I've ever enjoyed exercizing but I do now. Today is my off day though, thursdays are hard for me. It's as if the week just catches up to me on thursdays. It's very weird. What's everyone doing this memorial day weekend? I don't think I have anything planned. Have a good day all.

AmericanWomansong
06-05-2006, 02:39 PM
It is too quiet around here. :)
I am down 9.5 lbs. yeah! My weightloss ticker thangy says 10 though for some reason ...rounding up.

I am delighted this program works even when I fail. I did though cut out alcohol and that has been making a difference.

vikki50
06-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Good for you AWS, (Hope you don't mind I shortend you name) I am so happy for you. And yes this has really quieted down. I hope everyone is still around, I miss the support. I haven't exactly been to wonderful since Mem. Day. I fell off the diet, and it has been very hard to stick with it since then. I haven't gained but I haven't lost anything. I cheat just enough to keep it even. I need to get motivated again. I seem to always do this when I have lost and am feeling better about myself. I took my clothes off last night and really looked in the mirror from all sides. I still hate what I see, LOL, and that has motivated me. I have stuck on it today. Hope I do tonight, that is my worst time. Wish me luck!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

wickedgrl_76
06-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Hello chicks!

How is everyone doing? I know I've been away for a while but I've had so much going on. AWS that's awesome for you... keep going girl! I haven't lost anything in about a month but I'm not giving up. I've just been so busy that I haven't really been doing NS strictly. Atleast I haven't gained. I have plenty of time to lose the weight I want. Plus I'm working out & I just feel better about myself. I actually went out & bought some new clothes. It felt great. This past weekend I saw people that I haven't seen in a long time & they all thought I looked great. I love seeing people's reactions. What's everyone got planned for the coming weekend?

RubensMuse
06-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Oh what things have transpired since I have visited last...lets see. I started my new job...HATED it the first week....the second week was better...then this first week I started out with that dreaded stomach/bowel flu!!! I have been off 3 days now with it.

All the changes have been stressfull and my loss has been a bit up and down, but I have been OK with everything. At my LAST weigh in..(as I will not weigh while I am sick as that will not be very accurate) I was down 3 pounds. And yes that means I managed to lose the 4 I gained back from my binge. I guess the twisted nice thing about it, is that it kinda put my body back in the 'new' state and the loss has been a bit easier. NO I am not condoning my fall from NS-grace. I think with me the plateau just kept getting to me so I started eating bad again.

My SIL is doing great and I got to see her this past weekend. She looks happier and great. She is down about 15-18 pounds now and has kept with it. Her face is thinner and I noticed she does not look so 'out of breath' as before. I am glad she tried NS :)

Well ladies I am going to go back and lay down. I thought about you all and had to come on line to see how everyone is doing.

CONGRATS on all the successess, starts and goals! and KEEP GOINGS YOUR DOING GREATS to those that are keeping up with the fight :grouphug:

R