Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Fab Friday Chat April 28

good morning gang

grabbing some

brb
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #2  

ok i'm back

wow Heather - that is an awful lot going on with your knee! when is the surgery? how many inches did you cut off of your hair? I would have been nervous too cutting a lot off if it was long. did you warn your dh before you got home or did you totally surprise him? hope you get to feeling better.

Tippy - I'm so glad that your floors are done. I'm sure they look beautiful. Are they putting down new baseboards or redoing the ones you had?

Leenie - busy at work today???

Cin - how ya feeling girlie?

Liz - how's life?

where's the rest of the gang?

I'm busy at work and need to run errands during lunch and after work. will catch y'all later.

hugs & blessings,
Cathy
Old 04-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi kids,

I posted on yesterday's thread as well.... didn't wanna miss anything lol.

TGIF is right Cathy, I'm so glad its friday whoot!

Any fun plans for the weekend? Tomorrow night is the 4Him & Mark Schultz concert whooohoo

other than that...........nodda LOL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #4  

oh Leenie - you are gonna have such a good time! what a great concert that will be! wish I was going with you!

I have a bridal shower I have to go to tomorrow - I will have to drive 1 1/2 hours there and then back - so my day is pretty much scheduled. I think I just know way too many people

Sunday school and church on Sunday but I plan to veg out the rest of that day.

What's everyone else up to?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:53 PM   #5  

HEY GIRLS!!!!!

Long time no see. I can't believe it has been literally months since I've been here. When I started working five days a week in February I had no idea it would wear me out so much. But things are going great. My shrink insisted i go and have a sleep study done, and lo and behold, I have a pretty bad case of sleep apnea. I have another sleep eval done next week with the C-PAP machine, to see how much air pressure I'll need to keep my airway open.

I finally get to see the internist on 5/8. I made that appt in late Feb. Takes forever to get in to see someone here unless you are dying. I'm hoping she will jump on the thyroid checking bandwagon with me. I want all of my bases covered, just to be sure.

I have really missed you guys. I am way behind on what's happening with everyone. The monthly chat was too overwhelming to slog thru. Guess I'll just jump back in where I am now.

Only 3 more weeks of pre-school left. Four more for the big kids. Then we are off to the great wild west for a month of touring the national parks. Still got lots of prep work to do for that. Not really sure what I'm doing in that department. Good thing the dh is really into it. I'll just try to get the house cleaned and the clothes packed.

Hope everyone is well.
See you all soon.

Sandy
flagmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:27 AM   #6  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hi Ladies!

Cathy- my surgery is May 17th. I got about 7 or 8 inches cut off of my hair. I didn't warn DH I just surprised him. The cut is really versatile (sp?) though. If I am feeling sassy I can put some texturing cream in it and kind of spike it out all over. It makes it look really windblown. (dd 10yo said when I do that you can see down to my scalp it's so short) Or I can brush the top back and it looks like I've curled it (for the more mature mommy look) or I can just brush it all straight down if I'm feeling a little tomboyish that day. I love it. It only took me a couple of min. in the shower to wash and condition and rinse and it took all of 2 min. to style it with the texturing cream today and it was completely dry in about 10 min without blowdrying. I hope you have fun at the shower. I know the drive has to be awful though. I hate driving that far. I suffer road rage too easily.

Leenie- the concert sounds like alot of fun. I hope you enjoy it girly! You'll have to tell us all about it.

Sandy- I'm glad everything is good. It sure is a good thing they found the sleep apnea. A friend of mine has it and after tey got him on the breathing machine at night he said he hadn't felt that rested or energized in years. He was sleeping way better within a day or 2 and becuase of the energy boost from actually sleeping without breathing trouble he lost 30 lbs. GL with the internist. Let us know how that goes.

Well I had my first physical therapy appt. today. Oh my goodness did it hurt!! They made me move my leg in ways that I could barely move it before it was injured! And they did electroshock muscle stimulation on my leg. That was interesting. It felt like being stabbed by a bunch of pins and needles at first then the heat kicked in and it actually felt good. Almost like a deep muscle massage! I have to do therapy 2 times a day every day until surgery, but the therapist was really nice. He said that because I have kids and DH has to leave work to watch them while I do PT and because I have to drive and hour and a half to get to the office he's going to let me do my program at home and at my gym (where they have daycare) because he doesn't want my life disrupted anymore than it has to be. he told me he normally wouldn't even think about doing it that way but I showed him such drive and determination (even through the pain) that he knows I will do what needs to be done. i have to see him again on Monday just so he can make sure that the prgram is working the way it needs to and then unless I need him before surgery I can do it on my own. He will see me after surgery to work with me on some new exercises and then he'll let me do those on my own too as long as there are no problems.
I have nothing but chores and PT going on this weekend. Grocery laundry cleaning the usual. Dh is working all weekend to try and make up for some of the time he's missed this week. He had to take time off 3 days this week just for my doctors appts and PT so he has alot of work to catch up on. So it's just me and the kids doing our thing.
Well I'm off to bed. It's much too late to be awake (12:30am). so I'll talk to ya'll this weekend. Take care everyone.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote