Old 04-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #1  
I love WATP!

S/C/G: 169/165/135

Default weighing in ?

how often do you ladies weigh yourselves?
i've heard that you should only weigh yourself once a week. but I just cant do that! I have a tendency to get on the scale five or more times a day!

i'm seriously starting to think that I have to hide the scale from myself!
~ Jamie ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

There are a lot of opinions on this. I weigh every day, it keeps me in check!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #3  
I'm a Jorge Cruiser!

Well, I just recently bought my own scale and lately I can't keep off of it either. Before I bought my own scale I was only weighing myself once a week, every Saturday. I should tell my hubby to hide the darn thing.
Mummykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:36 PM   #4  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

honestly, i weigh in when i can remember.

i try to do it once a week for an official weigh in, but if i see the scales in between that time i might jump on them for a laugh they are in a kind of out of the way location so i don't see them all the time.

just don't get too obsessive about it.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #5  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

I weigh in every morning after I empty my bladder, before i get into the shower, nekkid of course. LOL Daily!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/183/110

I weight myself every sunday morning for weigh in, but sometimes I get on it randomly throughout the week.
oOMirandaOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:57 AM   #7  

I weigh in officially every Saturday morning but also have a tendency to jump on the scale randomly about 1 or 2 other times per week. Always in the morning though. In the past i have weighted in throughout the day just to kinda get a sense of how my weight fluctuates. It helps me not freak out if i see a higher number once in a while. It lets you realize the the same 1 pound that is depressing you one night could be gone by the morning.
Miss DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #8  

Still more to say.

The thing i like about weighing in on Sat morning is that then i have the whole rest of the week to work off any sins of my weekend. On the other side of the coin, some people like to weigh in on Monday just to force themselves to be good over the weekends.

Oh the mind games we play with ourselves!
Miss DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:22 AM   #9  
I love WATP!

S/C/G: 169/165/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss DC
Still more to say.

The thing i like about weighing in on Sat morning is that then i have the whole rest of the week to work off any sins of my weekend. On the other side of the coin, some people like to weigh in on Monday just to force themselves to be good over the weekends.

Oh the mind games we play with ourselves!

thats a good idea. to weigh in on Saturday morning. I never thought of it that way. My "official" weigh in day is on Monday bc thats when I started my weight loss journey. Although being a SAHM everything could be the weekend And I could be bad everyday of the week.

Must not think like that!!
~ Jamie ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:02 PM   #10  

i have my official weigh in once a week when i go to weight watchers.

but i do step on my scale at home a few times a day. my scale and the weight watchers scale are always out but i still do it. i don't know why though.
canadian*girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #11  
Angie

I weigh a few times a week, but if you want to see results pick up a tape measure!! my weight will fluctuate around 5 lbs a day- Not Kidding! so a scale is something that really depends on whats inside- water, full bladder or bowels, etc. If you measure your calves, hips, thighs, neck, bust, even wrist! you will be AMAZED at the results time after time. This is the one trick that keeps me motivated when I diet. I may not loose any lbs, (because i gained muscle) but then i see that 1/2 inch less in my thigh and im all smiles!
angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:44 PM   #12  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

That's great advice angel! I did that when I started about a month ago. I measured certain areas of my body then really didn't do a whole lot of 'diet & exercise' About 2wks after I measured, I really started watching what i ate, exercise, etc.. I've lost 8.5in from my body but only 5lbs. Love to see the results somewhere!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:12 AM   #13  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

My official weight in is Sunday, But I do weigh myslef everyday, sometimes I check thru the day if Im at home and curious
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:21 AM   #14  
One day at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb_lyn
I weigh in every morning after I empty my bladder, before i get into the shower, nekkid of course. LOL Daily!

Ditto- I do it on Tuesday Morning so I can try to recover from an hiccups from the weekend. I do measurements after my evening workouts on Monday nights. For some reason I think I am leaner when after I've worked out, LOL.
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #15  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Even though I weigh a couple times aweek I never take the weight it says until Saturday my regular weigh day!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote