Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 285~286~185

Default One Little Success at a Time!

My first success has already happened! While my husband was deployed to Iraq last year, he bought me a new wedding band. He mis-heard my ring size (7.5) and bought me a 7. It was a bit tight when he first got home, and then I gained some weight after he got home and it got TIGHT-- Like I'm talking I could barely get it on and off, and I was going to go get it fixed.

WELL-- Since I have started this, my fingers have shrunk and my ring fits!! It's still a bit tight, but I can get it on and off without sticking my hand under cold water-- and I don't feel like it is cutting off my circulation!!!!!!!
erinid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:46 AM   #2  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

That's wonderful! Congratulations... I know how you feel, my actual band has fit but my engagement ring has been too small to even wear for ages. I can wear it now, at least as long as it's not TOM! Soon maybe I'll have to wear it backwards to keep my band from falling off and you'll be ready to get your ring resized! Keep up the good work...

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:58 AM   #3  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

That had to make you feel really good!!!
Congratulations.
I like the feelling of my rings being looser, Not so loose yet that its gonna fall off but enough to where it moves around on my finger some now....
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:56 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

That's great! Glad that your fingers and the rest of you too are getting skinnier!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #5  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Congrats! Thats gotta feel good.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations. This is one of the things that I noticed too. I almost had my rings re-sized because I couldn't even wear them for about 2 yrs. They are plenty loose now and I am really glad I didn't re-size them. It is neat to notice that even our fingers get skinnier.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:40 PM   #7  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

I totally know what you mean. My wedding ring was getting so tight I had to take it off for a few months before I started my diet. Just today I was looking at it and it was backwards. It's so big that it wont even stay on my finger right. I think it's almost time to get it re-sized. I just dont want to re size it too many times. So Im waiting alittle bit.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:00 AM   #8  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Congrats! What an awesome victory

One of my biggest goals is to be able to wear the "promise ring" that my husband gave me for my 16th birthday It was pretty loose way back then, but now it won't even fit my pinky ;( My hands got rather fat for some reason)
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:50 AM   #9  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Congrats!! I have a ring that I can't wait to fit again too.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 151/152/128

Height: 5'6

What a sweet story! I wish you much success in your marriage and your quest for fitness.
makeyourownplans is offline   Reply With Quote