South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 07:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chick Chat

Good Morning!

And what a beautiful morning it us! It's sunny and supposed to be in the low 70s, sure can't complain about that! AND, I'm back to my ticker weight!
It's going to be a toughie today though, my DIL and I are taking all 3 girls to Herr's Snack Factory for a tour, and I know they give out free samples. :eek ! We're having lunch before the tour, so I'm going to eat a huge salad with a lot of protein and hope that will stave off any temptations! Tomorrow is going to be another tough day, it's our 37th anniversary, and we're going to either The Cheesecake Factory or Red Lobster for dinner to celebrate. If we go to the Cheesecake Factory I just know I won't be able to resist a piece of cheesecake for dessert, so I'm leaning towards Red Lobster. I just have to keep focused on how great I feel to see the scale moving downwards again!

Chipper ~ I'm glad you got the manager involved in your windows problem! I would also insist that they give you a partial refund as a token of good faith for all the incovenience they've caused you! If they don't, I'd report them to the Better Business Bureau, too. I hope everything works out OK in the end for you.

Time for breakfast, then I have to run!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:17 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage and all Chicks to come.

Hershey and I slept until six this morning. In a way, we sure don't miss Lucy! It's a relief to be able to just dump my glasses and keys on the kitchen table and not worry. (That's a bad habit to get into so I must stop it.)

My PT appointment went OK yesterday. Trish can see an improvement and didn't even ask if I'd done the exercises regularly! She OK'd me for walking - which I've been doing anyhow.

I am off to the Greenhouse for the morning and helper Barb is coming this afternoon to work in the garden. I have a Fair Board Meeting tonight so it's going to be a full day! I am going to have to really control my eating today - when I'm rushed, I'm inclined to just grab and run!

The sun is coming out and the cardinal is having a singing competition with the robin. It's cool but definitely spring. Sunshine is predicted for the next five days. Yippee!

What's happening around your kitchen table?
Old 04-27-2006, 07:34 AM   #3  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Cottage: My dd asked me the same thing last night. DH says just let it go. I had thought about asking him while he was here looking at them. Now with the storm we had last night one of the windows leaked and not around the window but, the window itself, in the track. So, have to bring that up to him. He is suppose to get back to us on Monday. I took video just in case a court case comes up about this.
Morn Ruth: Hows momma doing, puppies should be here next week right?
Good morning to everyone else. I have more cleaning on the "to do" list today. DS had to take my van to work today, his car broke down.
Asthma doc put me on more meds yesterday. Acid reflux stuff and my sinus infection isn't gone yet, so more for that.
Have some things i need to look into, so will check back later.
Chipper
Old 04-27-2006, 07:57 AM   #4  
gotta lose it!

Morning ladies.....I feel bad just dropping in & running off, but I never have time to do anything anymore. I HATE THIS TRAINING!!!! 11 hours/day for work - yuck! laundry is everywhere....our apt is a mess - gotta squeeze some time in to clean - how depressing.
See ya later
Old 04-27-2006, 08:03 AM   #5  

AHOY thar Maties! .. Captain Schatzi reportin in from her dingy . And this morn ...we have..... RAIN... And the forecast calls for .... RAIN the rest of the day! A good day to just snuggle and read! But FIRST CAWFEEEE

will check back in later!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:13 AM   #6  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hey chicks...long time no see. I need help getting back into a positive weight-loss mindset. I just want to be healthy! Cravings have been just out of control. I need South Beach. Had Squash scramble for breakfast this morning...yummmm. Usually I don't get up early enough to actually cook something though...doggy was throwing up this morning and that woke me up. BLECH.

HELP ME!!!!!!!!! I don't want to be 23 with high cholesterol and my 14s are starting to be too tight again. I felt so good last fall, I need to go for that goal again.

*SIGH*

Jessie
Old 04-27-2006, 08:23 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chicks! It's been a crazy couple of days. I've got one takehome final due at 5:30 today that I've got to get finished plus another one tomorrow...all essays and in class..the worst! I have writing on the spot. Esp. because with my advisor, who also is the professor, theres no way you can BS with fancy talk if you don't really know what you're talking about. Can't wait until 5:30 tomorrow, I'll be one happy chick!

Yesterday my eating was nice and P1 but then around dinner I was starving and feeling light headed so I grabbed a bowl of cereal, and then another. Grr! Calories came in at 1500 so not too bad but I wish I had done better. Today I'll have to be really careful as it'll be a stressful one. I'm sitting here drinking coffee and am gearing up for hte day. B'fast will be mock oatmeal with TVP. Yummy! I wasn't hungry for 5 hours yesterday after having that for b'fast.

cottage: 37 years?? THat's so great that you two have managed to stay together so long. Congrats. And yes, go to red lobster, Cheesecake factory is a minefield of bad stuff...good, but bad.

Ruth: Can't wait for puppies. Are you going to be there with Lucy when she has them? Have fun at the greenhouse! I wish I didn't kill any plant I took in here. I love to be surrounded by plants. My bf is great with plants so when I move out there I'll just make him do all the gardening !

Chipper: Hope you feel better soon, it's been a rough couple of weeks for you it seems. I heard that locally grown honey was great for allergies as it has minute quantities of the exact local allergens but just enough so your body can develop more of a resistance to it. I plan on trying it soon although so far (knock on wood) this year hasn't been bad. Hope you feel better.

soon: slow down, girly!! You're making me dizzy ! Oh well, training should be almost over, right? hopefully you can find some time for yourself somwhere.

Schatzi: where ya been? feels like forever since I've seen ya post? maybe its just me! Have a fab day. I've decided when I go to CA in a couple weeks, I'm making my eggplant lasagna and we're going to washi it down with the Davinci Chianti you recommended. Cheap and good is...well, good!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:24 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hi JesseW, welcome back to the beach. We've saved you a spot. I'm redoing a P1 myself to help with out of control cravings. Works like a charm!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:12 AM   #9  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

wow a morning post...on page 1 no less!!!

Cottage-songrats to you!!! wow but if you hit Red lObster watch out for that warm cheesy bread

Ruth-even if you've been doing it, it's nice to get the OK on the walkiing, enjoy it esp with the warmer weather heading in

Chipper-gosh Chipper, we've been meaning to do soemthing about our windows and now I'm thinking maybe we won't...

Soon-you oughta be done soon right? what a pain to go in and learn nothing, lol

Schatzi-I'm drinking my cawfee as we "speak", here's to you morning chick!

Jessie-good for you finding your way back. For me phase 1 rules. I can't control myself without it. You def will get all the help you need here.

Pear-I would die if I had to go face to face with the prof. You go girl!!

as for me, I'm thriilled as i have finally moved from my plateau-I have seen the lowest # in a long while and now I just want to break out of this decade(the 120's).

Currently my entire body is screaming sore. I found a new class called STRONG where you kind of speed weight lift to music. It was insane but too good to pass up. My mom comes this next week to visit and I cannot wait b/c if grandma is here, I'm as good as on vacation. No one will listen to me anyway, lol.

Also this weekend we are hitting the Great Wolf Lodge which boasts the largest indoor waterpark in ??VA or the world? not sure, lol
Old 04-27-2006, 09:59 AM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

I made it through my first day successfully yesterday! I'm limping along until I can shop this weekend. I worked out with the PTr (I noticed Ruth has PT for Physical Therapy so I put a little r after mine for an hour last night and Monday night. I have an hour on Friday too. I have to incorporate cardio into the days that I don't do strength training. The weight should just fall off right???? Even though I was sick I still kept up with the PTr twice a week and gained 10 pounds so I guess it isn't enough. My problem has always been wino's. I can drink 500 calories in one night. So I've sworne off the winos until I reach my goals.

Cottage - Red Lobster for sure! I couldn't control myself at the cheesecake factory.

Ruth - Puppie breath!

Chipper - what a nightmare with the windows. Tell them you are going to make a sign and put it in your front yard talking about the crappy windows they installed. Use one of those left over "political" signs that they stick in the yard. Go get them!

Shatzi - We desperately need the rain in West Michigan - send some our way!

Jessie - I'm just getting back into the swing of things too! Maybe we can help each other?!? I had to make a special section in my closet for the summer clothes that fit last year and are to small this year that is how I feel about it. Let's get mad and and get busy together! I have my first challenge. I've been invited to dinner with friends. I can control my eating but I will have a hard time not drinking a wino! I'm determined though!

Batmom - we have a Great Wolf Lodge in Michigan in Traverse City. The kiddies love it. Just be prepared for lots of chlorine (bring goggles) and I actually brought myself ear plugs because it is really LOUD!!!! Good luck!

Pear - Good luck! Hope 5:30 comes quickly!

Soon - What are you training for?

Have good day chicks! I have to go to the bank at 11 for a business meeting and then back to work.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:16 AM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

All is well in Hillbilly Heaven, West Virginia,,,, I am babysitting my 4 yr old nephew today, and I assure you excercise will be a plenty..... He is awesome,, ohhhhhhhh, one day I will have my own,, So posts will not be till later today... Take Care All
Old 04-27-2006, 11:28 AM   #12  

Morning, gals. I'm WFH today. I'm going to throw some stuff together for lunch with scallops, Rotel Mexican, spinach and rice. Dinner is going to be a fast pita bread pizzas so this will help me get more veggies.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #13  

Hello Everyone -

Hope everyone is having a good day. So far, I'm doing well. I almost made it to the gym last night...I was so close to going. I'm going to try to make it one day this weekend. Maybe with the nice weather, I'll start walking down by the lake.

Well, today is DBF's birthday and he was hinting this morning about chocolate birthday cake. As much as I want to stay OP, I think I'm going to pick one up after work. The grocery store by my house sells little birthday cakes (they look to be about 1/16th of a sheet cake). I don't think a few bites of cake are going to do that much damage. And he's my DBF and if he wants cake I say 'let him eat cake!'

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to take a look at this filling I think I cracked...and I'm not looking forward to it. I dislike the dentist so much. But, at least I get to take off work!!

That's it for me. Have a good day chickies
Old 04-27-2006, 01:03 PM   #14  

Howdy!
Is there room for 1 more? I'm brand new to the Beach. I have just over 100 pounds to lose. My doc lost 60+ on the Beach and says that I have to give it a good hard try for 6 months before I'm allowed to even consider it a success or failure. I've survived the first week. I'm on day 8. I'm looking forward to making the journey with you chickies!
Hugs,
K
Old 04-27-2006, 01:29 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey chickies! So Mom's taking me to dinner tonight. D'oh. But, right after that we are going to Champaign to the Casting Crowns concert. They were in Springfield last fall, but we couldn't make it to that one, so we're going now. We scored free tickets because Dad knows some guy who does a Christian radio show Sunday mornings and he hooked us up. I'm pretty excited. Of course, I'm excited about eating out, too. Dangit.

Hopefully my boss will let me go about 15 minutes early tonight so I can make it to eat on time. We're on a bit of a time crunch.

Hope all you girlsl are doing well today. I'm tired and it's going to be a long day. At least I get a good concert tonight. Talk soon!

Lisa
Closed Thread