South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 01:30 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Tuesday's Titterings...

Hey, chickies! I haven't started a daily in what seems like forever...

Hope you are all having a great day without much rain . We're getting a lot here this week, but I'm not complaining; we had gorgeous weather last week and all the weeds grew...so this gives me a repreive while I wait for the mulch we need to come in. Otherwise I'd be feeling guilty for not pulling those weeds!

My weight has been bouncing around depending on how much sleep I get. When I get over 8 hours, it's at 193.5. When I get less than 6, it's at 196.5 (or higher... ). I'm frustrated with that...some days it's just too hard to get enough sleep and get everything done.

I've made several things for dinner or dessert lately that were fabulous...I'm overdo in putting recipes in the forum! Promise to do that soon...

I'm off to a friend's house for tea and games this morning...then to tutor a student for her GED. This afternoon I have a session with my therapist and then dinner and choir practice.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-25-2006, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!
I'm off to the Dr's right after Curves, I'm hoping he'll give me allergy shots, as I've tried everything there is and nothing works for very long. I need to start feeling better soon, I've really been dragging the past few days. I don't feel like going to Curves, either, but I'm forcing myself to go. I need to get back on track again.
Laurie ~ Thanks for getting us started today, and it's great to hear from you again!
Old 04-25-2006, 06:56 AM   #3  

Mornin' all. Had some storms roll through, so I was up and down all night. The thunder didn't keep me up, but my dog's pacing sure did. Should be a peaceful day today.

BeachGal - Since we got the rain last night, I'm sure that I'll have a nice crop of weeds by tomorrow.

Cottage - Sure hope the doc can give you some good news about your allergies.

Everyone else, have a great day!
Old 04-25-2006, 06:56 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ffffffffreezing here this morning. Hershey is still asleep on the bed and looks as if she's going to spend the day there. She likes being an "only". Lucy is doing well at Morna's - loves the other dogs and adores Morna. Happy dog mommies produce happy puppies.

Beachgal, you are too darn busy but seem to be enjoying being at home.

Cottage, I hope the doc agrees to give you shots. Allergies are the pits!

You'll be proud of me chicks. I ended up buying something for the pot luck yesterday - a carrot cake. I didn't eat any though and gave the leftover half to my neighbour for supper! Despite eating carefully, I am still up 2 pounds this morning. WTF? It has to be water weight because I sure can't blame it on TOM. Grrrrr. Today will be a huge water day - good thing I'm going to be home.

Nothing much on the schedule today - I'll finish our taxes, do some sewing and cozy in with Hersh. We may even light the woodstove as cold and rain are predicted for the day.

What's happening sur la plage chez-toi?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:58 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

at Jana. We were posting at the same time - exactly the same time. I hope you get a better sleep tonight.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:05 AM   #6  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone....this is going to be quick...I should of been out the door 3 mins ago! Training is going better, but I still hate the drive. I have my dad's PT Cruiser still because it wasn't my master cynlinder....it was my brake booster. SO dad is still fixing it. (He's fixing his gf's fence first....my brother tore him a new one!)
Well I'm off to the land of jeans & khakis....see ya later
Old 04-25-2006, 07:52 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick fly by this morning. Morning chicks. Stupid Claritin isn't working anymore. I'm plugged up and coughing and have the snots.

Since Terry and I work by each other (for now) we're going to carpool today. I don't know how sand volleyball works if it's raining. We're supposed to have our first game tonight. We'll see what happens I guess. It's supposed to rain all day here.

Well, started behaving yesterday and so far so good. I didn't weigh myself yesterday but I did today so today will be my start weight. Hope you all are having a lovely day!

Lisa
Old 04-25-2006, 08:30 AM   #8  
South Beach Life Style

Hey guys, I posted this here late on yesterdays thread, I posted my before and NOW picture on the 300+ #888 thread, Kayleystar did it for me, I want you guys to see how I am doing,
Old 04-25-2006, 09:37 AM   #9  
South Beach Life Style

Okay,, what would you do? the scales I started on reflect a 50 lb loss, but the doctors scale reflect a 45 lb loss.. I use my home scales (50lb loss) weekly and the doctors every month or two, 5 lbs is 5 lbs.. What would you accept>>?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:41 AM   #10  

MsCrockett - You look great! You really can notice a difference. As for the scales, I would go with your home scales. The important thing is that you are losing and that is wonderful!

Here is a link to the post with her picture in it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82530

I'm WFH today. I had to make banana bread to bring to Brian's school this morning for Teacher Appreciation Week. At least I didn't taste it to make sure it was good. I was tempted to since I mixed in some whole wheat in with the white flour but I didn't want all that sugar. I'm making a huge crockpot of chili today. It's going to be a rainy day here and a bit cooler.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:47 AM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

Barb~ Thank you for the comment, I can see a difference, I appreciate you saying that you can, and Thanks for putting a link to my pics,, was not sure how to do that, So I will be reporting a 50 lb loss,then,, the weight loss is a bonus, I am doing healthly for me and my heart, even though, I still smoke, but I am thinking about quitting,, dont know when I will , but at least I am ponderring on it..again , thank you
Old 04-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #12  
Determined Loser!

Good morning everybody!

I work up early (for me) today, so I thought I might be one of the first few to post! Guess you guys are all early birds.

Just got back from the gym. I've generally been running for about 2 miles. Do you guys think thats enough to run every morning or should I be shooting for more? I don't feel REALLY tired, but I am pretty worn when I'm done.

It's my birthday soon so I think that I am going to try and lose a couple pounds for my birthday so I can eat a bunch of cakes

I'm going to go try and do some pilates before I get ready for work.
Hope everyone has an excellent day!
Old 04-25-2006, 09:57 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Hey, Crockett! Looking really good! The difference is definitely noticeable.

Barb, thanks for posting the link. I snooped but got side-tracked with some posts that needed moving.

Jazztap, just reading about exercise gets me worn out.

I am seriously considering going back to bed. Hershey is zzzzing away, it's raining and she looks so comfy. How decadent to have a nap in the morning! I must resist and just get at the taxes as planned.

I hate being mature!
Old 04-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #14  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chickies! I was on here earlier and about to post in the daily thread but got side tracked. I posted a few days ago about how 2 of my rattie boys refused to come out of the couch for 10 hours this weekend. So this morning I screened up the part of the couch under the cushions that they were using to get into the couch. I was all proud of myself and as I was about to type I hear scuffling coming from INSIDE the couch! Grrr!! The bRATs had gone in from the hole I made underneath the couch to get them out....not 2 but 4 this time!

Luckily this time they came out when called. So I've spent the last hour trying to jimmy-rig a barrier under the couch since there wasn't enough screening left over. Lets just say after screen, tape, upholstery nails, more tape and even a little needle and thread work I think I may have outsmarted the little rascals. All this drama...we'll see tonight when they come out again if it works!

I finally am drinking my b'fast, tofu almond smoothie..yummy! Gotta run and walk the dog and finish cleaning my house so I can concentrate on studying. I have two finals Thursday and Friday...the last two ever!!!!! Have a great day chickies!
Old 04-25-2006, 10:48 AM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Hi

Not much going on here, a rainy drizzle going on. Come on sunshine!!!! Power up this solar girl!!!!

My son called from Kuwait, but I missed the call, I was taking dd to school, grr.

My weight is down 1 pound, but I did fall off the wagon and have a phase 2 day yesterday. Back to phase one today.

Well, I'm off to clean house. You all have a great day.
Closed Thread