LA Weight Loss - I cannot find "not from concentrate" juice anywhere!

slimmerKim
04-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Am I crazy? I've looked in with the juices, and in the fridge section and all the juices say "from concentrate" EXCEPT some orange juices. Are there any juices that we can have other than OJ?

I've been doing LAWL forever it seems, and am stuck on my last 8 lbs :( So obviously, I don't NEED the juice, I just wonder if it exists. I looked at the grocery stores and Trader Joe's.

wp95jma
04-24-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm allergic to oranges so I can't drink OJ, and like you I haven't been able to find not from concentrate juice (I think I found one apple juice that wasn't). So I just buy regular juice that is 100% juice with no sugar added. Juicy Juice and Apple & Eve brands are good.

rad7775
04-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Julia:
Juicy Juice brand is really good I gave it to my kids before and I used it too.

hkychik
04-24-2006, 11:28 AM
I stopped trying! I found that after doing some comparison of labels that there isn't that much difference in sugars between the two. Apple juice is naturally high in sugar, and so I don't drink much of that... but I buy the cran-raspberry no sugar added juice at Costco, with about the same amount of sugars at not-from-concentrate OJ. Also, in the refigerated juice section at my walmart, they have some juices in carafe looking bottles from Tropicana that are pretty good (I have a carafe of Orchard Berry in my fridge now). Just look at the labels, and try to avoid anything with more than 30g carbos. It obviously stands to reason that you still need to look at the 100% juice stuff, not the cocktails!;)

aphil
04-24-2006, 12:46 PM
I would not worry one iota about the strange LAWL "not from concentrate" rule. It really makes no sense, nutritionally, at all. The juice still has the same calorie ranges, and the same nutrional value.
The only thing I would avoid is apple juice-because nutritionally, apple juice has the least nutrients of all juices. Apples have most of their vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants in the skin and pulp. The juices with the most nutritional values for women are pomegranate, cherry, blueberry, and cranberry-and then citrus juices like orange or grapefruit.
I don't recommend Juicy Juice-even though it is 100% juice-because the "flavors" in them are created by taking about 90% apple juice and 10% of other juices to "flavor" the apple juice. So-if you choose cherry Juicy Juice, you are not getting the health benefits of drinking a cherry blend from the health food section.

wp95jma
04-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the info Aphil!

aphil
04-25-2006, 07:23 AM
You are very welcome. :)