Old 04-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week of April 23rd!!

Good Morning All!!! Hope everyone's having a great weekend! We've been busy here doing some major spring cleaning. Still a lot to do, but I think I need to rest a little today...I'm a little achey. I'm going shopping later with my Points finder and making some smart choices if it kills me! I've got some meals planned out, so hopefully it'll be a good week...I've been screwing around too long!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Happy Weekend!!

We have had a pretty awesome weekend, spent wayyyyy too much money, but heck, how many times does a little guy turn 3? LOL. We took Alex to ride on a steam train and he had a BLAST. The first one we went to didn't open until May 1st ! I had tried to double check the information I had, but the website was down. Luckily, there was another one about 20 min away. So, we went to New Hope, PA and rode the expensive one. Of course, when we got there DH wanted the first class ticket. We had the whole parlor car to ourselves. After the ride we walked around the town (in the pouring rain) for awhile.

Today we went to a town-wide garage sale today (again in the pouring rain!) and got a whole BUNCH of stuff for Alex and a stroller to take to HI with us. It only cost $5 so if we decide to ditch it there, it won't hurt our feelings. Since we aren't going until Dec, I wasn't sure if the baby would have enough head control to ride in a regular umbrella stroller, so this one has a reclining seat, but it looks like an umbrella stroller. It's a tad on the ratty side, but not bad.

Lisa: Baby is doing well. I have less than 8 weeks to go. I don't have an exact date yet. We will probably schedule the C-section when I go back on May 5th.

Hope everyone is having as much fun this weekend as we have!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:06 AM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning--Nothing to report on the weightloss front or gain..Just maintain for the last few months..Oh well..I am not doing any thing special to move it down...Been taking K to see her favorite music group(total groupies) for the last month and have 3 more shows this week..THey announced they signed a deal with playhouse disney so I guess the $5 concerts are leaving also!! I am happy for them since they all lost houses in NO and still cant rebuild--what perfect timing!!!!

Ok--I am with U Lauren--Getting the butt in gear~~~

Karen--I contemplate every weekend about taking K on the steam locamotive here.I think I will do that when Jazz Fest, Crawfish festival and the Acadiana Festival is ended and the Imagination MOvers are gone!!!
Have a great day!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #4  

Exhausted! My boy enjoys his birthday, lemme tell you. Whew. We also had to get bloodwork done today for the first time ever. He did great, but my nerves are shot!

He's camped out on my lap so I can't type well right now. More later!
Old 04-25-2006, 05:26 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all! I am so ready for school to be over! I am tired!! I have it written in my calendar that the first day after finals is sleeping in - shoot maybe all day!

This is it 25 days until graduation! I still have ten projects to go, but two are going to be knocked out tonight. (Hopefully) 1.5 pages of one paper and a 5 page paper.

Well gotta go.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:40 PM   #6  
Finding Me Again

S/C/G: 235/212/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies! I am new to this site, but find it very refreshing and motivating! My name is Hope and I have been married for 8 years this October. I've been with DH for 13 years and we have 2 darlings: Olivia (4) & Angelina (1).

Today, I finally got out on the track and made some magic! I haven't gone for a run in a few years, so it was a huge triumph for me. I look forward to sharing my progression and to listening to other people's progress on this site. It's so empowering to tune in to each other daily or weekly or whatever. I look forward to getting to know many of you inspirational women (and men if you are on here too)! LOL
olivia627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Olivia, I don't believe that I have seen any males on this particular forum, however I may be mistaken. We're glad that you are here.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:07 AM   #8  
LBH

Hi All,

Lisa, Soooo Close!!!! I'm soo excited for you!

Hope, Glad you joined us over here! There are some men on other forums, but no regulars on this particular one...not that we wouldn't welcome them! Good for you running!!

Karen, I think I would have to send DH with them if one of my boys needed anything more than a finger prick! I'm a total whimp! Are they just doing routine b/w??

I've been doing pretty well this week food wise. Not perfect, but staying pretty much within my points. For me, it helps to be obsessed with with points! I know some people say it drives them insane to count all the time, but that's what keeps me on track.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #9  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

I am with you Lauren! I don't know how to do it without counting. Yes it's a pain sometimes but I have to do it. I don't get how some ladies can do it without counting. If I don't count I would eat everything in sight. Just not enough discipline I guess. But if I had discipline, I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in.

Lisa!! WTG girl! YOu are so close!! That's got to be exciting!

Hope! Just jump right in!

Karen, Ricky has to have a lead screen done (we live in an older home and I'd rather be safe than sorry) and I'm not looking forward to it. I will probably take him today for it. Hopefully he won't hate me too much after...lol

I'm not doing too bad this week after my 2 lb gain last week (darn Easter!). I am back down and then some. Yay!

Well, have a great day everyone!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone,

Hopefully Alex will play long enough for me to type today. He is getting SO clingy just when it's going to cause problems!

Lauren/Mama: Yep, routine bloodwork and the lead screening. I was actually in tears on the way to the lab. How dorky is that? He said "ouch" when they stuck him and cried until they took the needle out, but he didn't fight or anything. He handled it better than I did!

Eating hasn't been great with birthday cake around. I sent it to work with DH yesterday so it wouldn't be in the house. I saved Alex a piece and will give it to him for an afternoon snack today. Then, there will be NO sweets in my house. Well, except for the SF kind. Whoohooo!

Welcome Olivia! Sorry, no guys here that I know of. Course, I guess there could always be some lurking.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:43 AM   #11  
LBH

And Karen, I keep forgetting to post a
BIG HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO ALEX!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #12  

Thanks Lauren!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:04 PM   #13  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

OMG Karen our test went so badly!! First he freaked out as soon as we went into the room (he must remember the 4 shots from last time). Then they held him down and poked him and he screamed like they pulled his arms off. It started ok then he moved and the needle came out and they didn't have enough blood to do the test. So they try the other arm (all the while he's bawling his little eyes out). They can't find the vein so they took it out and let him go. My poor baby was traumatized and there was nothing I could do about it. They told me I'd have to come back. The doctor left it up to me in the first place so I don't think I'm gonna take him back. My brother is in the medical field and said that as long as he's not chewing on the woodwork and we're not sanding anything that he would be fine. It was so terrible. And I'm sure it was worse for me than for him. UGH! So I took him to Wal-Mart and bought him a treat. lol
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #14  

OMGoodness! I would have been a basket case! I like the way the lab we went to handled it. They have these big chairs with flat arms on them and a little "shelf" that closes over the front. I sat in the chair and held Alex's body and R arm. Another tech held his L arm (above and below the elbow) while the one drew the blood. There was really no way for him to move his arm, had he wanted to.

Your poor boy. I hope he got a REALLY nice treat. I hope it didn't traumatize him too badly.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:38 AM   #15  
LBH

Oh Molly, my heart is breaking!! for the little guy! I'm afraid that's what my boys would be like. They gave me an Rx for both of them for the lead screening, but I'm not concerned as there's no lead based paint in our house, or where we used to live w/Peter.