General Diet Plans and Questions - Michael Thurmonds 6 week body makeover #2

jenna
08-07-2001, 01:11 AM
Wow it is great to see so many posters. I am also glad everyone is getting, has or about to have their pgrm orders in.

I did pretty good today. I found I was alot more energetic then usual. A lot of times in the past I would feel fatigued and spaced. (lol)

I think not eating the junk foods and giving myself real foods has made a big difference in how I feel and my energy level. I actually cleaned my desk area in my office and handled lots of incomplete cycles. What a win! It was almost like a new me inhabited my body.

Today I got in all my water 100oz
Stayed on pgrm all day until was on the road at dinnertime and ate a little too much in a restaurant. But there is difinite progress here.

Love to hear how everyone else is doing.

My tip for the day George Forman (the really big grill Love it!)
:D

jenna
08-07-2001, 12:54 PM
Welcome Jennifer! You are in the right group.

JRomero....great first day!

Today my goal will be to get my 100oz of water drank and 45 min of walking in.

JRomeo
08-07-2001, 05:06 PM
I have a little problem, I ate breakfast - ate my snack, then went out to lunch, I'm not hungry and didn't even remember to eat my afternoon meal. Now I'm headed home and have to fit in dinner. I don't want to force myself but I know how importatn the timing is. HELP!!:?:

jenna
08-07-2001, 06:17 PM
LOL I understand. What I find helps is to jump right back on the plan. Just make yourself a "light" dinner and continue on from there.

I have noticed that what we are eating in each meal is about the real size of your stomach, maybe a tad more.

Hope this helps JR.

jenna
08-08-2001, 11:10 AM
How is everyone doing?

I am proud to anounce I am down 7lbs :)

I have found that although I would love to be perfect on dieting and I strive to be so....alas I do fall short.

The good news is that with this pgrm I have been able to set limits for myself and strive to perfect it each day. If I stumble I use the get right back on the horse attitude.

2 or 3 years ago I lost 70lbs with atkins and then regained it over a year period. (did I tell you yet I was a stress eater?) I really analized why with atkins I lost weight or why with ww I lost weight 6 years ago. It all comes down to food......lol.....how much when and exercise.....duh.

What I like about Micheal Thurmonds is it incorporates what I have learned over my dieting history and puts it together in a non mysterious, sane system. Hungrey.....never. Low calorie and portioned......yes. Working out...non stressful......yes. Produces results......difinetly.

So hey lets all do it. Take before pics. Be brave.... :o and around new years we will swap our before and after and celebrate. Next spring will be bikini time. :D

Just remember keep picking yourself up, dust yourself off and don't let anyone take your goal away from you. Not even your weakest moments.

LANA_B
08-08-2001, 12:34 PM
I have been struggling lately. I haven't gotten the program yet...waiting expectantly...but I told myself I was going to "be good" until I got it...and not let myself run amuck.

Well, I've been amuck. I could just kick myself...what's wrong with me? I told my weight history in the last thread...in the past few months, I've let myself regain all the weight I lost. I'm up to 220 this morning (sshhh...don't tell my husband, he'll kill me!) I just can't seem to discipline or control myself into making better food choices.

Your post actually helped me feel a little better Jenna, and I can relate...I lost 40# on Atkins, regained it all in a year. So I hope this program helps me set some limitations for myself...God knows I need them.

Sorry so depressed today...do want to take a moment to say :wave: to everyone, especially Denise, Serrano, & Jennifer, who have newly joined us. We're so glad you did.

JILL - Hope Day 3 is going well...keep up the good work!

DENISE - Sounds like you've got a great attitude...looking forward to hearing more from you! (BTW-I ordered my program on 7/25, they sent an email saying it was shipped on 7/26...I still haven't got it!)

SERRANO- Please don't feel like you can't post until you can get the program...any friend is always welcome here!

JENNIFER-welcome to you, and CONGRATS on your new baby!!! There are a few of us here that are trying for a wee one!

Hey, where's MITZI??? And we're still looking for BeachGirl....come out, come out, wherever you are!!!!

Lana

JRomeo
08-08-2001, 02:08 PM
So far I'm doing good on the program, it really is a lot of food when you think about it. It may be easier because I'm at work.
I have my breakfast eggwhites with salsa and try to eat a piece fo fruit.
At 10ish I eat a little a small peice of chicken I cooked in salsa for my snack.
Then again around 12:30 - 1:00 I eat Lunch. I have another peice of chicken along with some ricwe and broccoli.
I eat my afternnon snack around 4-4:30. I eat dinner around 6:30. It doesn't seem like a lot of food but I really think you get used to it quick.
I'm promised my self I won't weigh myself again until Monday when I started. It was only on day 2 that I wanted to see if the change was really going to work. It was encouraging to wake up and lose 3 1/3 lbs overnight. So I am determined to give this a chance.
Good Luck to all.
Any hints of different foods you all are trying?????? Variety from chicken would be nice but also portable to take for lunch to work.:D

jenna
08-08-2001, 02:12 PM
I sneek in some lean beef ......ie......sirlion (shhhhh)

Made the jambalaya was ok.

I put taco bell sause on my chicken.......yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

Opps gotta go

JRomeo
08-08-2001, 02:46 PM
Hey Thanks what a good Idea.
I used to make a chicken dish with the Taco Bell hot sauce packets you would get with the Taco's. It may have a bit of sodium but if it tastes good I'll chance it.
I really don't eat a lot of salt on my food anyway.
Thanks, a lot!!!
;)

mittens
08-08-2001, 07:06 PM
Good evening everyone!

Wow, sounds like you guys are all doing great! Wow Jenna, 7 pounds gone, that is terrific! :D JRomeo what kind of salsa are you using? I made the homemade one from the recipe, but have not tried it yet.

I had planned to start my day one yesterday, but was sick and did not feel like eating anything, let alone 5-6 meals a day, ha!
Anyway, feeling a bit better today have been drinking my water and just ate some chicken and a little salad. I can't wait to get a full day in tomorrow. I made that dill dressing, which is pretty good.

Has anyone tried any of the sculpting exercises yet? I'm going to go watch the video right now. One thing that I have not been able to find is tuna with only 25mg of sodium. The lowest I have found so far is 50mg. But I guess that is a lot better than the norm which seems to be 250 mg!!! Yikes! :o

beachgirl35
08-09-2001, 08:02 AM
Hello everyone!!
I have been trying to figure out what to do since MT is not working for me. I did lose 5 pounds the first week, but on about the 8th day I found myself saying to my husband, "I need a break". That's when I realized this probably wasn't something I could do for life. I did start doing some things that make me feel better:drinking more water, reducing sodium,etc. and I will continue those things. I joined Weight Watchers last week and also started using Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds tapes. (I ordered them from QVC much cheaper than the infomercial). If any of you live in a climate where it may be hard to walk outside in the winter, I highly recommend her tapes. They are so much fun and you get a great workout. They also come with 2 pound weighted balls. So far, I feel great and much happier with this decision. I don't want to get anybody down-I think MT is like anything else, it will work for some but not everybody. I wish all of you great success. If anyone is interested I could post my results after a month. Good Luck!!

P.S. I have a MT system I might like so sell. E-mail me if interested.:D

JRomeo
08-09-2001, 08:34 AM
I weighed myself again, just because I really thought I was eating more than I should and I lost weight. This is only day 4 and so far I went from 154 to 148 that's 6lbs---Hooray!!!. I am so happy.
The salsa I'm using is regular A&P brand. But I just went to Trader Joe's last night and got the low fat low sodium Salsa and some chicken chili to put on my baked potato. As long as I eat something like a half a peice of chicken every three hours, I'm not hungry. I cooked a whole bunch of chicken Monday night so I don't have to look for something to eat in the fridge. I think if I had to think of something I wouldn't be as good. I'm trying to watch my sodium but I don't put salt on my food after I cook it. I never did. I am drinking all my water and making myself eat all my meals even if I'm not hungry. :)
Everybody, please try to stick with it, I really think this upping your metabolism really works. The only problem I have is salad. I'm not a big salad eater to begin with especially with no oil.
Keep up the good work everyone!!!
Jill

jenna
08-09-2001, 02:32 PM
Beachgirl, wow congraduations with the 5lbs. I understand that no prgm will fit everyone 100%. I too have the walking tapes for times that it is too hot or cold. The one thing I really noticed about Leslie's walking tapes is that it didn't do great things for her butt and thighs. The MT pgrm as with most resistance/weight training exercise pgrms you can handle those problems. I glad you found some things in the MT pgrm that you can take with you.

JRomero,
6lbs! :D
I use picante sause. The one I use doesn't contain sugar. I love it on potatoes. I haven't bothered to cut my salt. I find that my body, growing up in desert areas ie...texas and so. calif. needs the salt so I usually add some to what I eat. Although I don't add any when cooking now. I am going to measure this weekend and start keeping track of inches lost.

Tip of the day. I found some gelletin (jello) on www.netrition.com that has 0 cal. and is made with splenda. I add just a tad less water to it and have a jello that has an almost gummy bear like consistancy. ummmmmmmm...... snack with -0- calories.

If anyone has a tip of the day. Feel free to add it here. Or if you like any reciepes you tried. Re: jambalaya...it was ok. nothing I would rave about and make again....but someone else may like it.

JRomeo
08-09-2001, 03:00 PM
I too have the Walk away the pounds tapes. They are OK but I really think getting outside is better. My husband and I try to make at least one mile per night. The tapes are great if you don't have the 15 minutes or so to walk around the block or if you need a quick session in the morning especially the one mile tape. It does go quick. Not so for the three mile, and it does make you sweat. I do find it a bit boring. I also was a bit confused with her group. It seems they never stop walking. As soon as the tape in in they are walking. Are you to start then or when she says start????
Jenna-Picante is just like salsa but it is smoother right? I think I've had it before. I'm gonna try some chile on my baked potato. I'm feeling pretty good and hope I don't hit a slump. I really enjoy this chat page. I think it gives you a boost of confidence. Everyone needs to just keep writing. I'm sure someone will be able to help you with anything you may need.
Keep up the good work everybody!!!

LANA_B
08-09-2001, 04:39 PM
Just wanted to let you all know I got the program yesterday (exactly 2 weeks after I ordered).

I'm the anal type that has to read the whole thing first (I can't just "start"...I need to know everything first!), so I will be starting on Monday...I will shop & prepare food this weekend. (Plus I've got a big picnic Saturday & I want to get that last bit of potato salad in!)

BTW - I'm a Type B...looking forward to those egg whites...

Lana

JRomeo
08-09-2001, 04:48 PM
It's a bit overwhelming at first. It took me a week to get through all the reading and phyc myself into it. Best of Luck.
Jill

mittens
08-09-2001, 07:54 PM
Great Lana! I'm glad that it arrived quicker.
Well, my day one went pretty good. I got all of my meals in plus the water. By the way, the salsa from the recipe is hot!! So if you like spicy hot salsa you ought to love it.

I have some trouble with the egg whites too. I can't really eat them scrambled, but if I boil the eggs then they taste so much better.

Jill, I'm not a huge salad fan either. But today I tried mixing in my tuna with the salad and it really perked it up. Chicken would be good too. (not as good as with oil, but it's a start :lol: )

I also have Leslie's walking tapes. They are good, but I like the fresh air too. I have noticed that I get better results from my Oxycise tapes though. It's interesting, I remember reading somewhere in the MT program materials about the benefits of deep breathing and how oxygen helps to eliminate fat. I think I will have to go and do a tape tonight. I will add it to my schedule daily---they are only 15 minutes so I should be able to squeeze one in, ha! My hardest part is getting started, once I am exercising then I am fine.

jenna
08-09-2001, 08:03 PM
I put bell pepper and tomatos in my egg whites and make them scrambled. Gives it a nice flavor.

But I bet boiled eggs ie....egg whites would be great with some spicy mustard to dip them in. I like deli mustard. Used it to make deviled eggs before I started throwing away the yokes.

I can't believe how much I like oatmeal. I would have bet you $100 1 month ago that it would never touch my lips. :lol:
But with vanilla in the water/oat mixture while it cooks...then splenda and cinnnamon......ummmmmmmmmm. Also I hear some butter buds on it is good too.

What I love with salad is.......Rasberry Wine Vinager. Try the Reese brand no sugar in it. Try other flavored vinagers too. Rice Vinager is good with a slightly sweeter taste than reg. vinager)

GodLovesYou
08-09-2001, 10:15 PM
I have noticed that I am feeling unusually hot and in some cases sweating, not due to temperature, is this a side effect of my metabolism starting to work properly? Has anyone else had this happend to them on the six week body makeover?

jenna
08-10-2001, 02:25 AM
ugh GLY,

Let me tell you a story. The month I turned 40 I started experiencing some unconfortable phenomona. I would breakout in a sweat for no reason, kinda like a blush and get a little hot. I got real sensitive now and again ..ie...saw some cats in cages at a pet adoption center and burst out crying for "all the homeless cats in the world" (no lie I actually did this....in public no less :o ). Anyway my emotions went haywire and for the first time my period went unregular. I realized I must of had a little peri-menopause spell. After a couple of months it went away and then would return.

I talked to some girls a little older then me (their not women unless they are 10-15 years older :lol: ) the told me yep....sounds like peri-menopause.

There are 2 Herbs that alot of women take that handle the above. Mexican Wild Yam and Black Cohosh. They are great and will handle any type of symptom you can get from peri-menopause. The bummer is this can turn on and off and last for years and years.

I hope this helps:)

mittens
08-10-2001, 10:24 AM
Jill,

I saw the little note and I just wanted to wish you a very,

Happy Birthday!!!

Hope that you have a wonderful day! :cool:

JRomeo
08-10-2001, 11:13 AM
Thanks so much for the Birthday Wishes. It's always nice when someone acknowledges your birthday. It's seems when you get older you get less and less bithday wishes.
Thanks Again
Jill

jenna
08-10-2001, 11:26 AM
Happy-Happy-Birthday!!!!

Have a really great day.

JRomeo
08-10-2001, 11:28 AM
Thanks Again.
I'm leaving work early today to go down the shore. (Jersey Shore).
I check in with you all n Monday. I get to weigh myself. I can't wait.

Everyone sticvk to the program and have a light weekend.
Jill:D

waterbaby
08-10-2001, 02:50 PM
Hi!

Looking at your posts, I noticed someone mentioned peri-menopause.

No fun, huh...going through the same thing.

I would like to venture a bit of information on the herbal remedy, if I may.

Black cohosh should not be taken internally. This came both from a doctor and an herbalist. It will cause stomach upset and does not relieve symptoms.

Black cohosh is fine and works well in combination with wild yam as a cream. Apply externally to your soft tissue (tummy, inside of thigh, etc) and it should help with symptoms.

I took a supplement containing black cohosh and couldn't figure out what was in the supplement that was causing my stomach to be upset. Took the supplement to both a doctor and an herbalist; they concurred.

I apologize for just "jumping in" to your thread, but thought perhaps that the small bit of information I have might be helpful. Too, spicy foods, caffeine and alcohol will make hot flashes (I call them "power surges") and night sweats much worse.

Have a great day! Good luck with your program. You all appear to be having lots of success, and I wish you well!

Claire

quitnotdeb
08-10-2001, 04:18 PM
Hi Everyone!
I'm waiting for my body makeover to arrive and thought I'd introduce myself... (I ordered it Tuesday and it shipped Wednesday... so maybe it won't be long.)

I'm Deb, 47 from NC. I've been losing weight since Nov. 99 on basically an exchange program. I've gone back and forth counting calories, exchanges, carbs, etc. Never extreme low carbs... just 130-180 per day.

Anyway, my weight been as high as 320. I started 11/99 at 290.5. The first year I lost 52 pounds. But for the last 8 months I've lost roughly 1 pound per month. Doing the exact same thing. I was ready for a shake up! And this program is exactly what I was looking for.

I'm so glad to find this group. I hope we can really support each other and finally get rid of this fat!
I am ready to move it and shake it on down! For the first time in months, I have hope that I can actually reach my goal. (with this program)
To be honest, it was getting doubtful for a while.
Oh, what I would give to lose even half of that 30 pounds in six weeks! I have no intention of messing around with this thing. I don't care how hard it is!

So guys... let's do it! Congrats to all who have started and are seeing so much success! What an inspiration you have been!
This time next year we can be sporting around a teeny little bod in killer clothes!
I can't wait!

Oh... My starting weight is 230. I'll post my weight every Friday... even before I get going good on the program... if that's OK.

Here's to our huge success!

Deb

ps... there is a yahoogroup for the plan but its been pretty quiet. If anyone is interested, I'll post (or send) the url.

jenna
08-10-2001, 07:54 PM
Welcome Deb!

You are in a good group here. A lot of us are in the early 200lbs range. It will be fun losing it together and sharing our experiences. Gosh you have great stats in losing weight. Well Done on the weight loss so far!
------------

Waterbaby,
No problem about jumping in. I have had really different experience with the herbs than you did. Maybe because I am not taking them in a combo form. I take the yam herbly not cream (although I have heard the ...oh it won't work....hey it did for me) The Black Cohosh I take an herb tablet or capsule form...not in a combo with other herbs. It is by itself. Perhaps the mixture you took did not agree with you. I have taken the above for 5 years now and they have been so-so-so helpful.

---------

Where is everyone from?

I am in Agoura Hills Ca. (just over the hills from Malibu....right up from Los Angeles.

ncmom
08-11-2001, 09:13 AM
I just saw the informercial and i was wondering what kind of results everone is having. I would hate to spend that much money and it not too work but if it worked i would pay anything. DO i sound desperate to lose the weight. Can someone explain the eatting and exercise plan. DO they tell you what strenth toning and cardio to do? Is it hard to stay and work the program.

sue

denisems
08-12-2001, 02:10 PM
Well, it arrived 8 days after I ordered the MT product. It is overwhelming, to say the least. But I've been looking it over, watching the tapes, making my grocery list, and I'm ready to start tomorrow. I'm anxious, scared, and I will be so happy when I get to that point where I've got the whole program down. We'll see, and I'll keep it touch. Denise

quitnotdeb
08-13-2001, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome Jenna! How are you coming along?

Wow Denise... 8 days is great! Maybe they're over their shipping hitches. If mine ships like yours, it'll be here Wednesday. I'm so ready! Still overwhelmed?

Jill, I meant to tell you happy birthday when I wrote before! So... happy belated!
I hope your weekend was fun!

ncmom... I sent you a pm. That's my first so I hope I did it right. :dizzy:

I've decided I'm going to eat fairly high calories until I get started on this. I usually eat 1200-1500. I'm going to up it to 1500-1800. I've been dieting so long, I'm afraid it won't work as well for me. I exercise 6 days a week, so maybe I won't gain!

I'd like to hear how you guys are doing...

Cheers!
deb

denisems
08-13-2001, 10:31 PM
Hi All! Well, I'm approaching the end of my first day on the MT plan. It was darn good!!! I just finished my dinner, and I'll have my evening snack in a few hours. BTW, I'm a Type A metabolism. Oh, like you're shocked! Type A's have the slowest metabolisms. Oh, that's me!!! Breakfast was egg whites with salsa and oatmeal, snack was tuna mixed with blueberries (I swear, it was good), lunch was a taco salad (ground turkey flavored with garlic, tomato paste, chicken broth (low sodium), onion powder, cumin, and hot sauce--one cup of cole slaw--half cup rice--all mixed up and flavored with salsa), afternoon snack was the taco turkey and a nectarine, dinner was chicken stir fried in chick broth, garlic, mushrooms, cabbage, onion powder, salt free seasoning, wine over half cup of rice, and my night snack is still up in the air (but that tuna/bluberry thing was really good. Honest!!! I walked for 45 minutes and I did day one of my upper body band exercises. I'll do day one of the lower body tomorrow. Then I'll skip Wed., and do the exercises on Thur. and Friday. I teach, so I have a couple weeks before I go back. This arrived at the perfect time. Now I can get used to the program before I go back. This will help much. My weigh in will be every Monday (weighed in at 262), and I'll be honest about the progress. Good Luck to you all. Hope to hear more from you all. Thanks, Denise

jenna
08-13-2001, 10:34 PM
An absessed tooth has waylayed me. :(

So forget about dieting this past weekend.

But I did make hubby his MT meals.

Me :( . I am sure my mouth will feel better
later. On the plus side. I am not eating much.

quitnotdeb
08-14-2001, 08:40 AM
Denise, you did fabulous! (well, as far as
I know... I don't have my plan yet) :lol:
But I'm sure you wouldn't have published it
otherwise, eh? You know what? The tuna
and blueberry actually sounds good to me. (Is that your creation?) In fact, all your food sounds like food I like. How hard was it to determine your body type? Does it leave you with a question or is it really clear? Congrats on the exercise!!! We are going to do this, you know. Case closed. This is it!

Jenna... I'm so sorry about your abscess. Ouch!
I've been there so I know your pain. Take care and get well soon!

I know I'll find out soon... but can someone answer a question for me? Are okra and carrots allowed? The reason I ask is I have a lot on hand that need to be frozen. If they aren't allowed, I'll give them away.
Thanks for your help!

Waiting impatiently...
deb

LANA_B
08-14-2001, 08:49 AM
Hi Everyone!!

Sorry I've been missing for a few days...been SOOOO busy!

I started the program yesterday...I had a perfect eating day. You know how you're supposed to set short & long term goals on this thing? Well my first short term goal is to eat perfect for 1 week. That would be an accomplishment for an avid "cheater" on diets.

God Loves You- I personally think the hotness & sweating can be due to an increased metablolism...try drinking more water to try to keep that internal furnace cooled off!

Hey Jill...back from the Jersey shore? Hope it was nice...wanted to wish you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Deb...Hello! and welcome to our little group...we're very glad to have you! Shipping for me took 2 weeks after I ordered...I think it depends where you live...comes UPS ground...snail mail bigtime! Good job on your weight loss so far! You've got a great attitude, just stay committed! We can do it! (I'm finally starting to believe that myself...I've been dieting FOREVER!)

Hey Jenna...sorry about that tooth...I'll be sending prayers (from Buffalo, NY - near Niagara Falls). You'll get back on track, don't worry!

Denise...way to go on that fantastic start! You go girl! I started yesterday too, but didn't get my exercise in. Today.....

NCMom- Hello & nice to meet you. Most of us here have just started this program within the last few weeks/days, so it's hard to list results just yet. From what I can tell, I think it will work, but how quickly (for myself) I don't know. The program lays out nicely how & what to eat, and how & what to do for Cardio (walking) and toning (exercise bands). Do I think all the materials are worth $180 (w/shipping)? No way, but I was willing to pay to get the structure of the program. That's what I need to be successful...structure & limitations...or else I go hog wild. (I loved weight watchers, but I truly lived their motto of "No foods a no-no")

Well everyone, the only thing I can see as a problem for me on this program is
1) What else can I do with chicken? When I reheat chicken, it seems to take on this new flavor that I don't like very much. Any ideas? and
2) It seems like all I've been doing the last 2 days is cooking! to pre-prepare meals. There's not enough room in my fridge for all this stuff...and I don't want to eat the same thing everyday for a week, so does that mean I've got to cook every night! I guess I just got to get in the flow of things.

Sorry for the book today...wanted to get back to everyone. Also, I will be weighing in and posting that on Mondays...so keep me acountable girls!

Signing off....
Lana
216 start/216 current/130 goal

JRomeo
08-14-2001, 09:32 AM
I got down under 150. I'm at 149 this is my one week. I know I'm eating too much salt. I never realized how much sodium is in the processsed food we eat. Hi everyone. Good Luck on receiving and starting the new way of eating Chicken. With Salsa! I haven't done much experimenting put I think I want to try maybe some chicken francise'. I'll dip it in eggwhite then cook it with lemon juice. At least it won't be salsa. The first week is ok but you do need a little variety. Maybe I'll go and find some chicken recipes on line. They do have some low fat and diet sites with chicken. Good Luck to all and keep up the good work. I'm trying to hit my goal this week of sticking to the diet. I had Birthday cake. It was only half a small slice and I felt very guilty. I also went out to eat, I ate chicken and only half what I was served but still, it's only a week.
Jill

:dizzy:

denisems
08-15-2001, 12:01 PM
Hi All! I am officially starting my third day of MT. Thanks for being my friends and journal. Last night I went to the Dodger game. My cousin received free tickets, so just the girls went. I haven't been to a Dodger game in over five years. The only reason I ever went was to people watch and eat. I'm truly not a baseball fan. I ate my dinner at home, and then I brought my evening snack to the game (2 oz. chix breast, 1 peach, some carrots). My group was very supportive of me as they sucked down their Dodger Dogs, garlic fries, and ice cream sandwiches. But I held firm. It may have been my paranoia, but I swear every food vendor at Dodger Stadium made a point of going up and down my aisle displaying their wares at least five times each. I realized I was so being tested! Thank God I passed! I think if I can handle that, I can handle anything. My little sister came (She's 22, I'm 41). She has lost much weight on Weight Watchers, but she was really bad last night. On the way home she said "You should be glad you didn't break down. I feel like I have a brick in my stomach." She was actually grossed out. I believe last night's ridiculously obvious food temptations were my sign. I vow to get through this "health program" (that's what I'm calling it from now on since the word "diet" hasn't helped all these years), and I will be strong. I will call it a "health program" because that's exactly what it is for me. Before weight was an issue of vanity for me. Now, as I push age 42, it has become an issue of health. At 262 lbs. and a 280 cholesterol count, I really have no choice now. I know all of you will get me through, and I will be there for all of you. Be strong! If I can resist the food orgy that passed before my eyes last night, anyone can!!! See you, Denise
:nono: :nono: :nono: :D

jenna
08-15-2001, 02:09 PM
Hello everyone!

I truely understand your little sister denise. I did a bag of chocolate covered almonds a week or so ago one nite and :o
did I feel bad. They lay on my stomach like a bunch of little bricklets ;).

So I have done my bad thing and found out my body truely likes this diet....go figure. :D

Anyway I have an announcement 9lbs down. And you know what? It has been an easy 9lbs. Now for the next 70-80 wooo-hooo.

I just keep going towards perfection. It has made me concious of what I eat when I eat out and helped me make saner choices.

Oh yes I found the yahoo club @ http://*************.com/group/6weekbodymakeover
If you join you can get a daily email of what has been posted as well as post yourself.

denisems
08-15-2001, 06:41 PM
JENNA!!!

9 Pounds!!! Ohmigod, that is fantastic! I guess there's something to this! I am proud of you. I hope I can live up to that! It's always good to have an idol. I was on some message board today and a woman told another woman that she was sending her MT plan back for the refund. Her Reason: She has over 100 lbs. to lose and it's too restrictive. My question is: What does she have to lose? When you're over 100 lbs. overweight, you need to be restrictive. I personally don't find it restrictive at all if I get a bit more creative with food prep. This woman wants the magic pill we've all been looking for all our lives. I have finally come to the realization that it doesn't exist. What does exist in ALL of us somewhere deep down inside is willpower, commitment, and the desire to look and feel good. I think I'll continue. Enough said. Powerfully Yours, Denise

denisems
08-17-2001, 11:46 AM
Hi All! Well, it's day 5 of MT and I feel great. The first couple days were tough--tired, irritable, headache, hunger--but I think that is quite normal for anyone who's been eating a ton of crapola and then goes on a strict "health program." My energy level is really high, my head is clear, I'm not consistently hungry, and I'm in a pretty good mood. Think about it? There is no, and I mean NO, sugar in my life. I think those first couple of days was my body going through detox. That makes all the sense in the world. Plus, I've cut way, way down on my carbs. And what do carbs eventually turn into--SUGAR!!! Oh, I finally get it!!! I was born a carbo junkie. Bread, bread, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, sweets... That's the ethnic background of my family--Croatian! It's all about the food. It's great food, but it's too much food and too much carbs. There is also a section of my family that has dealt with extreme obesity. I mean, these people died young. I had two great aunts that were 500+ pounds (died early as a result of their weight). It didn't take a coroner to figure that one out. You know what? I am going to break the cycle. I'm off to a great start and I feel good. I'm exercising daily with walking or Tae Bo (I vary it), and I've been doing the resistance band regimen. I like it. Anyway, I'd like to hear from all of you. I miss you. You all must be working very hard. Ah, the busy lives we lead. See ya.
Powerfully Yours, Denise

quitnotdeb
08-17-2001, 01:24 PM
Hi All!

GUESS WHAT?!?! My package arrived yesterday!! I ordered on the 7th, shipped the 8th and came one week and one day later. I'm a B 2-2-2. So far today I've done great. I made a spinach frittata thing for breakfast. It was good. For snack, I took your idea Denise and mixed chicken & peaches. OK... but it needed something.
Lunch was chicken broccoli rice soup. Very good!

It's all about attitude, isn't it guys? I woke up thinking, "I'm not sure I can do this." But I got my head in gear and worked on some recipe ideas. I have to be creative to make this work.

Here's a list of things that I've made that I know I'll like. Maybe it will give you all some ideas.

stuffed peppers
chicken soup
chili
stir fry
ground turkey tacos (thanks denise!)
omelets or frittatas
tuna cakes
turkey meatloaf
kebabs
jambalaya

I don't have recipes for all of them yet but they should be simple to make. (and I'm not much of a cook)

Jenna... WTG! 9 pounds! You will feel the earth rumble if I lose that much!

Lana... thanks for the welcome! How's the first goal coming along? A perfect week is my goal too. We can do this. The time is right.

Jill... congrats on 149! You said that was your goal? Your final goal?

Denise... Huge happy dance for passing on that stadium food!! That took guts and determination. Now when I'm tempted, I'll think of you!

OK... I said I would post my weight on Friday. I'm up 4 pounds because I took 2 days to basically eat some stuff I've been missing. It's fluid and will drop soon. So my starting weight with the MT is 234.

WE WILL DO THIS! I have no doubt whatsoever.

Next year guys... next year we'll be in the size of our dreams. Us! We'll look like those losers on the MT plan. Yes us! It's our time. So get the ole noggin in gear. This is the simplest and fastest way to get it done. Think how we'll look by Christmas!

Let's go!

Creating success!
Deb

Oh... were you all aware that there is a group at Delphi? Those guys are rocking and rolling... Lots of good tips & encouragement.

http://www.delphi.com/n/mb/list.asp?webtag=bodymakeover&ctx=0&cacheTag=x58-29
(I hope I have that right...)

LANA_B
08-17-2001, 02:23 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop a quick note before the weekend...

This is my 5th day on the plan, and OF COURSE I've been weighing myself all week. This morning, I am down 5 pounds! (without exercise...that's next week's goal). I've been perfect all week, now comes the hard part....

THE WEEKEND!!!!:o :o :o :o

You get the picture...the true test....OK, so I'm going to a wedding tomorrow, and I know I won't be in control of what I'm served, so I have decided to eat what I want, but to stay in control of myself.

Sunday will be hard...we always go out for lunch after church...

So, send some strong vibrations my way this weekend OK??:D

WAY TO GO to everyone losing & staying strong...

Deb...good start...one question though, how do you make Turkey Tacos...with no shell?

One thing I've discovered as a quick & easy carb to have (like after lunch when my sweet tooth hits)...Flavored Rice Cakes!! Yum! 2 each equals about 1 serving of carbs...

I will try to check in over the weekend...will be busy though!

DENISE...you motivate me, as always! Thanks!

Lana
216/211/130

JRomeo
08-20-2001, 09:17 AM
Hi All,
Well, I guess I cheated too much last week. It was a stressful one. I only lost a pound, but it's better than gaining. I'm down to 148. My goal is more like 110. Remember I'm short. Barely 5 foot tall. I'm back on track, so I need to be really motivated.

Yeah, Turkey Taco's......how do ya make them?

Gotta go, I'm at work.

Keep u[pthe good work guys!!!
Jill

denisems
08-20-2001, 11:01 AM
Hi All! I got up at 5:30 a.m. today. I guess I was anxious, nervous, excited, dreading my first weigh-in. I lost 7 pounds!!!
7 pounds!!! That is a great sign because 7 is my lucky number. Could it be this is FINALLY IT!!!???!!! I told you I would share my progress, good or bad, and I did! I can honestly say I'm not feeling deprived with this program. My husband and I even had a date Friday night. I ate sushi, had a drink, and still lost 7 pounds. I didn't go crazy at the sushi bar. In fact, I was very mindful of what I ate. I guess just being conscious, as opposed to being unconscious, about my eating is a wonderful thing. Anyway, I've got to get my Julia to preschool. I'll write more later since I want to share some food ideas to make it all more appetizing. Last night for dinner: Turkey Tacos using rice and veggies for extra filling, and big red leaf lettuce leaves for "tortillas." Really great and a ton of fiber. Anyway, more later.
Feein' Groovy, Denise

quitnotdeb
08-20-2001, 11:41 AM
Hi Lana & Jill...
I make taco salad. I fill a bowl with lettuce, tomatoes, onion and top with the meat and salsa. It's one of my all time favorites. You could also put your rice in.

Jill, CONGRATULATIONS! How much is that altogether now? Didn't I see where you weighed 154? That's great!

Denise!!!!!!! 7 POUNDS!!!! Great work!
Yes, I do believe this is it. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel different. Good different. My body feels good! I do believe I've found my right food, and like you, I do not feel deprived.

I'm beginning to believe wheat was the culprit for me. Leaving off wheat is really the only major change I've made.
Did you know there is a book entitled "Lose Wheat, Lose Weight"? I haven't read it but would love to.

I weigh every day. I know, I know... I shouldn't but I do and probably always will. And I've dropped 6 pounds since I started on Friday [8/17] This is tooooo remarkable with my peri-menopausal, weight loss history. (1-2 pounds loss per month)
I'm sold!!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Deb

Denise, I read the past messages and saw that you're 6'. I'm 5'10" so I know what you mean by 200 being a good size. The lowest I've ever weighed as an adult was 185. I was in 10-12's then. In fact one dress I had was an 8.

denisems
08-23-2001, 02:37 PM
Hello Everyone! How are all of you doing? You would be very proud of me. As you know, I lost 7 lbs. my first week. This has made me very gung-ho and very energetic. I did start my monthly girlish thing yesterday, but by Monday weigh-in all the bloat weight should be gone. Maybe if I wasn't PMS on my first weigh-in I would have lost 20 lbs. Hee-Hee, wishful thinking! Now that I'm well into MT and feeling good, I am taking better care of myself; Healthwise and beautywise. This week I got a manicure and pedicure, and yesterday me and my 2 friends went to the Glen Ivy health spa in Corona, CA. It's over an hour away, and it was paradise. Mud baths, sulphur baths, jacuzzis, Roman baths, etc. So relaxing and therapeutic. I also notice that I've tried to look nicer. Back in the day I used to be quite lovely. Then I gained all my weight back (years of being overweight then losing), and I didn't care. I became, and I can't believe I'm using this word, matronly. A 41-year-old woman should not be matronly. **** :devil: Madonna is over one year older than me. It is astounding. I wish I was one of those overweight women who didn't care. They are so inspiring to me. They dress well, their hair, skin, makeup are flawless, they go to the beach all the time and don't even know people are staring for all the wrong reasons. A woman at the spa yesterday probably weighed close to 400 lbs. She was beautiful, so nice, and so sure of herself. But I kept wondering if I could do that and never worry about my weight again. But I can't be that. It's just not me. A day hasn't passed where I don't think about my body and how it should be. Well, I'm on my way to a clear head. I will do it!!! BTW, you all need to write. Feelin' Good, Denise

jenna
08-23-2001, 03:54 PM
Just so darn busy. I think after the 1st we'll have alot more time to chat. Hey the site DEB indicated....Dephi...is great! Give it a try. :D

LANA_B
08-24-2001, 08:55 AM
I haven't had much of a chance to write lately...I have a BIG deadline coming 9/15...and I'm not home much on the weekends to get on then. Sorry...will try to do better!

Don't have much time now...but wanted to check in.

I lost 5 pounds my first week (last week)...but I technically lost 6, but that wedding I went to Saturday brought back a pound :( , but I did wonderful on Sunday at lunch after church:D . I've done good all this week, except Wednesday...work picnic...very emotional...was arguing w/ hubby...hence, Ice Cream Sundae, Cheeseburger, Mac Salad....

So this week's weight loss seems to be going slower...I've only exercised 2x this week, but considering I didn't do any last week, I guess it's an improvement at least!

Denise...I love the idea of a spa...I've never had a manicure/pedicure, but I think it's high time!!!

Gotta run....

Lana

JAH22669
08-25-2001, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone!

I finally got my kit in the mail. I started on Monday - just the eating portion. I am still trying to read the rest of the material (which is hard with 3 young children). Anyway, I am feeling great, not hungry at all! (I am not craving anything at all!) I find I am really hot and sweating alot. Does anyone else feel this way? I sure hope it is my metabolism in over-drive.

I am a type "A" and just wanted to know if anyone can give me some ideas for breakfast - I can not eat egg whites and oatmeal every morning. Also, I saw in the menu planner that dried beans are a Carb C, but in the recipe for the chili it says pinto beans are ok for type A - does this mean canned beans are ok? One more question, say I blow it at lunch (had a Birthday party today) do I just start at the next meal back on program?

Well thanks for all your help and support. I tried to get on the computer as much as I can but I have limited time. So, just know I am here even if you don't hear from me.

Thanks,

Jennifer

denisems
08-27-2001, 06:18 PM
Hi All! Sorry I've been so remiss in writing but I've been getting ready to go back to work. Today was my first day of a week of teacher meetings. Next week it's back with a new set of kids. A new year is always so exciting and so stressful. That's why I have to be so careful about my food. I weighed in this morning and I lost 4 lbs. on my second week of MT. That makes my loss a total of 11 lbs. in two weeks. I think I can honestly say I'm in the groove. My groove will continue. I feel good, my energy is really up, and I'm starting to look good. The one thing I will do differently this week is more exercise. My goal is to get up at 5 a.m. each school day and do 20 to 30 mins. of Tae Bo. I did that today and I will do it tomorrow. I also did my stomach exercises. Bands and weights tonight! See everyone, if a unsuccessful dieter like me can do this, so can you. NO EXCUSES!!!
Love, Denise
:dizzy: :dizzy: :nono: :smug:

LANA_B
08-29-2001, 09:52 AM
Geesh, you go girl!! How do you do that??!! I wish I had half the motivation you seem to have! I can't say it big enough, but WAY TO GO!!! 11 POUNDS, THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!!! :spin:

Ok, so fess up...tell us all your secrets...what do you eat each day, and have you discovered any good recipes or tricks? By the way, what Body Type are you?

We started this program at the same time, but here's my story...

Week 1: Ate perfect, Monday-Sunday except Saturday night (dinner)...went to a wedding & ate pretty much everything offered. Didn't do any exercising that week, but was pretty motivated & strict with eating, drank about a gallon of water each day...lost 5 pounds.

Week 2: Ate perfect Mon, Tues, Thurs-Sat. Wed. had a work picnic & ate ice Cream & cheeseburger & Mac salad. Sunday...should I actually write this?? Screwed up a bit at lunch...Open beef Souvlaki...feta cheese, 1/2 Pita, greek dressing. Dinner...Ice cream cone (2 scoops Panda Paws!) Snack...the rest of my husband's regular egg & cheese omlett. (Bad Lana...:nono: ) Did Cardio 2 days...no weights) Lost 2 pounds as of Saturday, Monday Morning weigh-in...lost 1 pound after Sunday's binge fest.

Week 3 (now): Good start Mon...ate well, did Cardio. Tuesday (yesterday)...did great in the beginning (no exercise though)...missed Afternoon snack (very busy at work)...went out to dinner with friends we haven't seen in a while...they picked the place...I told them anywhere except Chinese (super-high sodium). I should have told them anywhere but Chinese & ITALIAN. So, a 1/2 pc Bruschetta, 2 small pc Garlic bread, Penne Pasta w/Chicken & peas in a light Romano wine sauce later...I didn't even LOOK at the scale this morning!

So...my big problem area is dining out...and we do that alot. It's so hard for me to order "healthy" when everything else on the menu sounds so much better! The funny thing is...my first week on the program, we went out to eat twice, and I had NO PROBLEM ordering things I could have & not eating the huge portions they gave me. I even brought my own Balsamic Vin. dressing & Salsa in my purse, & asked them not to prepare my food with any butter, oil or salt. So why the trouble now?

It seems to be my habit to start something really full force, and then I putter out & give up on it. I don't want to do that this time...(my hubby's always telling me I need to finish what I start).

Anyway...the rest of this week is going to be a challenge too...I have dinner at my ITALIAN pastor's house on Friday...and I think his wife is making Spaghetti. Then on Sunday, me & hubby are going to a B&B overnight for a little get away...I want to do a nice dinner that night, and then Monday morning for breakfast there will be so many wonderful choices. I will try to do my best. I decided to do the "Rapid Results" meals for the rest of the week, to try to make up for my indulgences. I will also try to get as much Cardio in as possible, and hit the weights.

Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jennifer...congrats on getting the program...it is a good one...you eat SO healthy...my body never felt so good! So less tired each day too! I eat the eggwhites & 1/2 grapefruit everyday, but I suppose you could do chicken w/ something else? If I screw up a meal...I just continue the rest of the day as if it didn't happen...get right back on program! Someone else mentioned on an earlier thread that they too got hot & sweaty on the program. I would definitely attribute this to metabolism. Also, I believe the canned Pinto beans are OK...I've made the chili...a bit chunky, but I (& hubby even) enjoyed it!

I wonder how everyone else is doing??? If you're out there, please post! We (or at least I) need this daily encouragement & accountability.

Check in with you all later!!

Lana
...determined to hang in there....
:D :D

JRomeo
08-29-2001, 09:54 AM
Hi All,
Sorry I haven't Written but I'm on vacation and stopped by work to get my emails and make sure nothing was burning. I'll write again when I get back next wednesday, by the way I think I lost another 2 lbs but not sure
bye all good luck and stick to it
jill

denisems
08-29-2001, 07:59 PM
Hi Lana and All My Buddies!!!

Lana, I can't give you a straight answer on why I am so motivated this time around. And when I say "this time around" I mean my 2 Millionth "eating program." I have screwed up my metabolism big time all these years, and I'm not clear on why I'm doing this. Maybe I'm just darn sick of being fat and tired. Maybe watching that MT program and ordering it was my great epiphany, my giant light bulb going on over my head. Or maybe it was my doctor's appt. in April where I weighed in at 275 (UGH!) and a 280 cholesterol--I cried like a baby. I started to be a bit healthier since then, but doing MT has revved me up--BTW, I am much hotter then I used to be. My metabolism must be on fire!!! Now I weigh 251 lbs. and I am 24 lbs. lighter since that horrible day at the OBGYN. Lana, I know this is a cliche--but if I can do it, you can do it. I have 51 lbs. to go. Maybe more if I feel I can. That's a lot, but at least it isn't 75 lbs. anymore. I understand that whole eating out thing. We own a restaurant. Like I need to own a restaurant. But, I make sure I ask for what I want. Servers never seem to mind if I'm polite about my requests. At the restaurant, I have a chicken salad with salsa for dressing and a small side of rice. And I feel full. Also, make sure you get in all your meals. And drink a ton of water. I haven't been having the 6th meal, but this week I have because I've gone back to work. It's something about my job...it makes me want to eat. Probably because my teachers friends love to eat. Believe me, peer pressure is a big part of my overindulgent eating habits. Now I'm saying no a lot, but they seem to understand. As far as what I eat, I'm always prepared. I make several 2 to 3 oz. chicken breasts, turkey burgers, or tuna to cover my meals for a few days. And, if I have to cheat, it's sugar free cranberry Jello. And if that's cheating, just shoot me now. Having a little cheat once in a while is fine, but if a little cheat turns to a full blown binge, then there will be problems. Finally, I just want to say BE STRONG. Failing this health program is NOT AN OPTION (do I sound like a drill sergeant???).
Good Luck, Be Strong, Denise
:devil: :?: :lol: :devil: :?: :lol: :devil: :?: :lol:

denisems
09-01-2001, 11:33 AM
HI ALL! JUST CHECKING IN! WHERE DID YOU ALL GO? I MISS YOU! I WILL KEEP WRITING NO MATTER WHAT--IT IS VERY THERAPEUTIC FOR ME! MAYBE YOU ARE ALL ON A LONG WEEKEND HAVING A GOOD TIME! I WILL REPORT MY MONDAY WEIGH-IN NO MATTER WHAT. I HAVEN'T BEEN PERFECT THIS WEEK, BUT I'VE BEEN GOOD. NEED TO EXERCISE MORE!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE I AM AT THE HALFWAY POINT OF MY 6-WEEK MTBM!!! WOW!
WRITE SOON. POWERFULLY YOURS, DENISE

P.S. I HAVE GONE ON THE DELPHI GROUP AND IT'S PRETTY INFORMATIVE. I STILL LIKE THIS FORUM THE BEST THOUGH.
CIAO!!!

denisems
09-03-2001, 02:32 PM
Hi All! Even though you all haven't been around, I decided to continue my writing on this message board. Basically, it is very therapeutic for me. Well, my week 3 weigh-in was a 2-lb. loss. I'm a little disappointed at that, but then I realized that a 2-lb. loss is a good, solid showing. So three weeks later I am 13-lbs. lighter--that is 26 lbs. lighter than May of this year. So happy, happy me!!! Yes, I went back to work this week. Teacher meetings all week and out to lunch everyday. My work colleagues are food worshippers. It's really bad for me! But I did pretty well considering. I just know I ate more then I was supposed to. Also, I exercised less. My goal this week is to follow plan to a "T" and exercise more. I need to pump it up. Otherwise, my clothes are way looser (I never took measurements--oh, dopey me) and I've got plenty of energy. Anyway, it's back to work with brand new students tomorrow. It's always an exciting time of year. Now I need to totally organize my back to work food on a daily basis. But I've got the program down pretty well and I'll be just fine.
Good Luck and Please Write!!! I'm so lonely!:( :( :(
Powerfully Yours, Denise
:cool: :cool: :cool:

beachgirl35
09-03-2001, 07:08 PM
Hi Denise,
You're not alone out there!! I tried the MT program earlier this summer. The first week I lost 5 pounds, but after that decided to try WW again. What I realized is that the MT program really made me feel better. Eliminating(or reducing as much as possible) sodium and drinking more water really did give me more energy. So, today is Sept. 3rd and tomorrow I am starting over on the MT program. Today I got all my meals ready and I have been re-reading some of the info. I am also a teacher. I try to plan my meals around snack time and other breaks we have during the day. I am anxious to give it another try. I will check back in a few days and would really like it if we can help each other through this journey. Good Luck!!

denisems
09-03-2001, 10:32 PM
Dear Beachgirl! I'm with you! Let's see how well we can do, and let's give each other support. Do you have the food curse of the teacher's lounge, too??? Krispy Kremes and all the leftover Halloween candy comes right to our lounge. People complain, but they complain with crumbs on their lips and chocolate on their breath. I have been one of those people for several years. People know I've started this program, but tomorrow will be the day I make a loud group announcement: "If I go for something I can't eat, slap it out of my hand!!!" Oh, and I'm serious. Good Luck with School and restarting MT. You'll be glad you did. Please keep in touch, fellow teacher!
Sincerely, Denise

P.S. The Various Faces of Students:
:devil: :?: :s: :^: :D :smug: :cool: :dz: :cry: :

beachgirl35
09-04-2001, 04:05 PM
Hi Denise,
Luckily I don't have a teacher's lounge at this school. It is a very small private school, so not much extra space. Today was a great day. I feel really good. I have stayed on program and just have dinner and evening snack left. I found something really tasty-sweet potato(carb). I steamed it in the micro, then sprayed a tiny bit of the fat free butter spray(not allowed but I used only a tiny bit) and a little sweet n' low mixed in. It was SO good!! I felt like I was eating pie. You might try it for a sweet treat. Hope you have a good day. I'm looking forward to the support. I think I might just go for a walk. :) Becky (beachgirl)

Tootsie
02-16-2002, 07:46 AM
Hi- are any of you still using this program? I want to buy one- but it can take up to 6 weeks to have it delivered!

If you are still using it, how does it work?

Thank you