Carb Counters - Anyone used diet pills in conjunction w/ Atkins?

rebeleagle1965
04-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Has anyone been using a supplement or even a prescription for weight loss while doing Atkins? I have seen sugar blockers etc over the counter and wonder if they help. The Hellers' books suggest adding chromium pills. I have used phentermine in the past, but I'm already losing a good bit and don't know if it would work with a low carb diet anyway.

lwcarbmomma
04-21-2006, 02:03 AM
i have never used diet pills, but am taking chromium picolinate right now in conjunction with induction.

Personally, i would suggest the OTC herbs and supplements over a diet pill only because most of them are minerals/vitamins, etc. that your body already utilizes. for example, L-Glutamine is already found in the system, as well as Calcium, L-Carnitine, etc.

I would try those first....just a suggestion. :)

RobinW
04-21-2006, 10:38 AM
I take the chromium pic, multi vitamin, vit d and cranberry....when I remember to pick up more, I have a green tea supplement too. Other than any other type of "diet" pill, no ....not anymore. Years ago, before all the ingredients changed, I took hydroxycut. Nothing since tho.

hockeyfan7
04-21-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm not about to take a diet pill. People have died doing just that. It's so hard to know what's in them.

I take flax oil capsules, B complex, calcium/magnesium/zinc, glucosamine, chromium, a multi-vitamin and I have also taken CLA in the past.

lilybelle
04-22-2006, 02:27 PM
I only take a multivitamin, Calcium with Vit. D, and Potassium. I would not ever take diet pills while on Atkins. I was on Pondimin and Phentermine about 13 yrs. ago while on a low-cal, low-fat diet. Lost about 90 lbs. but put it all back on over the years. Would not ever do this again.

ilovemike4alwayz
04-22-2006, 03:46 PM
There is no such thing as a diet pill guys. It is hard work, exercising and eating right. That is what it takes. Dont risk your health.