Old 04-20-2006, 07:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/197/160

Default LAWL Without the bars???

Hello,

Just signed up with LAWL today and very excited to start. I have to go to the centre tomorrow for my program explanation. Due to health issues I am doing the program without the bars or shakes and was wondering if anyone else is doing this. Do you lose the same amount of weight weekly as those using the bars
julieleeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Julieleeg!
I use the bars, but from reading other members posts that don't, from what I understand LAWL will give you a little extra food to make up for it.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

oops. sorry, but I can't personally answer your question about the amount of weight others have lost without using bars. The program DOES work, with or without bars. It's a lifestyle change of eating
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #4  

The first time I did the program I started out using the bars and then asked to be taken off of them. I didn't notice a difference as far a losing weight faster, I felt I lost it at the same rate. The center might tell you differently, but I actually heard that some people lose faster w/o bars since the bars have so much sugar. This time in signing up I thought I wanted to do the bars again but after thinking about finances and health concerns I have with the bars I am going to do with out them. Just a little thought, sometimes you might get a craving for something sweet so I would often eat a sugar free jello or one of those fruit popsicles, that way you are not grabing for just anything.

Fruit popsicles are not on plan but I would get the sugar free bars I think they have like 10 calories so I always considered it a free food, since it was comparable to the sugar free jello which is a free food.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

There is nothing magical about the LA Lite bars. If you do the plan without them, they will put you on a plan that has a little more food in other areas to make up for that.
You will lose the same amount a week.
The bars are really for three purposes only-not making weight loss any "faster". The first reason is because they have vitamins added to them. The second reason, is because they are sweet and in flavors that some see as a "treat" which can help keep their cravings satisfied in a small, controlled portion. The third, is because it is more money for LAWL-just like my kid's school selling t-shirts, or Weight Watchers having frozen dinners at the store.
You will lose at the same rate without the bars-but either make sure that you are on a plan with more food to make up for that, or you are replacing the LA Lites with a store bought bar of similar calories (Pria Complete or Luna for instance) or other food in similar calories, or you will be undernourished.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #6  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

I joined LAWL Jan. 18th of this year. I do not do bars, shakes, carb enders, or anything like that. So far, I have lost over 50 lbs in 13 weeks. So, I would say that for me, I am losing faster than they anticipated.

Good luck!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:48 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 4"

I did not use the LAWL bars at all. Until I got close to my goal, I was averaging about 2-3lbs a week. The closer to goal, the harder it is to lose. I was on the red plan until 184, and then I was on the purple until the end. Now I'm on purple in maintenance. Without the bars, purple is as low as you can go. They make up for the calories, fat, carbs, etc. in the bars with bigger portion sizes and in some cases more portions.

BTW, I didn't use any of their supplements either. I get my multivitamins, EFAs, and calcium elsewhere; LAWL is too expensive.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:03 AM   #8  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I don't do the bars, and I have lost nearly 60 lbs so far. It is very possible! Welcome aboard!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

Well, I guess I'm in the minority here when I say that I am doing the program WITH the bars....and I love them! They really do help with cravings, and more than once, the thought of being able to have something sweet later has helped me stay completely on track.

I might try the other types of bars as I get further into the program. But for now, I'm sticking with what works...
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

I must admit I'm getting pretty sick of the bars-I supplement with Lunas when they are on sale. And I'm totally ticked they got rid of the fruit and oat flavor. I ate one almost every day in the morning. It's the only non-chocolate one I really like (lemon and honey nougat are sooo sweet) and I don't really like the chocolate ones in the morning.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/197/160

Thanks for the advice Ladies
Got my plan today and starting first thing in the morning.
Look forward to keeping in touch with you
julieleeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/152/140

You need to see for yourself how the bars fit in your lifestyle. For me, the bars are my incentive, and treats. When my staff at work are having their "Good Friday Treats," I am having my bar. I think they help me to stay on program. They are costy, but I was told that I wouldn't get half your money back at stabilization/maint unless you used LAWL products.
Vicki140 is offline   Reply With Quote