Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Okay, I've finally gone and lost my marbles

LLV
04-19-2006, 05:04 PM
Occasionally, when strolling through the store, I'd end up in the baby aisle since that's where other products are that I may need. And I've toyed with the idea of buying those little Gerber Graduate "Lil' Entrees" for quick snacks. So today I went by them again and they were on sale. So I picked up three of them, lol!

No, it's not actual baby food, it's toddler food, little entrees for toddlers with pastas and vegetables. For example, I got the chicken stew with noodles and green bean dices, cheese and herb "pasta pick-ups" (tiny ravioli) with peas, and the pasta wheels and chicken with carrot dices. That one is only 80 calories.

Lots of days, in between meals, I wander around here looking for a quick snack that doesn't have many calories and that's why I've been toying with the idea of buying them.

So I did.

Am I looney?

:dizzy:

lol

holicanmc
04-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Looney? Nah, I get a bottle of Pedialite before I go out drinking (rare now) to avoid a hangover. Whatever works I say...but it is kinda funny :D

LLV
04-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Looney? Nah, I get a bottle of Pedialite before I go out drinking (rare now) to avoid a hangover.
Oh yeah? Does that work?

I go out on occasion too and rarely drink a whole lot because I know I have to drive. I have one or two and then drink water the rest of the evening. But a couple of weeks ago I didn't have to drive home and got so plastered I passed out face down on the coffee table (sitting on the floor) once I got back home.

lol!

LadyFirelyght
04-19-2006, 06:11 PM
I've never understood the taboo of adults eating baby food... after all, it is just food that's mushed up! It all goes to the same place anyway :)

srmb60
04-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I eat babyfood squash. Couldn't be more convenient. I learned that from the Ladies Who Lift.

LLV
04-19-2006, 07:21 PM
I've never understood the taboo of adults eating baby food... after all, it is just food that's mushed up! It all goes to the same place anyway :)
This isn't mushed up, though.

I'll show ya...

http://www.babiestravellite.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Gerber_Lil_Entrees_Pasta_Wheel_Large.jpg

Low in cals, I think it would be a good snack. I'm sure they're probably bland, but I don't mind that.

LLV
04-19-2006, 07:22 PM
I eat babyfood squash. Couldn't be more convenient. I learned that from the Ladies Who Lift.
Oh I love the squash!

I even like the mashed peas.

holicanmc
04-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Oh yeah? Does that work?
Works for me. They make it to prevent dehydration in babies, which you already know, and dehydration is typically the cause of a hangover. I just make sure to drink a whole bottle of it before going to bed.
But a couple of weeks ago I didn't have to drive home and got so plastered I passed out face down on the coffee table (sitting on the floor) once I got back home.

Sounds like a good time! :carrot:

LLV
04-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Works for me. They make it to prevent dehydration in babies, which you already know, and dehydration is typically the cause of a hangover. I just make sure to drink a whole bottle of it before going to bed.

Sounds like a good time! :carrot:
Well, it was up until I got really drunk. I don't like that feeling. I like having a nice comfy buzz and leaving it at that. Wooo, my head was spinning major!

As far as the dehydration, normally when I go to the bar, I order a drink and a glass of ice water. The bartendeder keeps my water filled up all evening and I'm chugging it down in between drinks :)

veggielover
04-20-2006, 04:09 PM
hahahaha! awwwww now I'm nostalgic!

phantastica
04-20-2006, 05:04 PM
I alternate drinks and water when I go out, too.

I've eaten the fruit-flavored baby food because it's good, but I didn't think the vegetables and entrees sounded too appetizing. LOL.

penpal
04-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Did they taste ok? I think those little portions would be handy as portion control is so important and sometimes I'm in a hurry when I grab a snack and don't have time to figure out the calories.

LLV
04-20-2006, 05:40 PM
hahahaha! awwwww now I'm nostalgic!
I'm ready to go shoot some pool!

lol

LLV
04-20-2006, 05:40 PM
I alternate drinks and water when I go out, too.

I've eaten the fruit-flavored baby food because it's good,
Mmmm, tutti-frutti.

LLV
04-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Did they taste ok? I think those little portions would be handy as portion control is so important and sometimes I'm in a hurry when I grab a snack and don't have time to figure out the calories.
Haven't had any of them yet. I'm sure they're probably very bland, but I'm expecting that.

veggielover
04-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Linda, please tell me how they taste after you try them. I was searching for them on Gerber's site (havent found any in my supermarket) and I saw this one with mini ravioli or tortellini in it. It would look so adorable just to tote it around!