Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-18-2006, 01:02 PM   #1  
cha

S/C/G: 228/142/125

Thumbs up Had my consult yesterday!!!!

Oh my goodness, I did it!!! I got a call from the office at 8 am yesterday morning. They had a cancellation, so they asked me if I was interested in coming in. I said HECK YEAH!!! So, I went to the office, got naked, and saw the doc. He was really to the point. And, he didnt try to convince me that I needed more work done that what I wanted. Except one minor thing...I have a small pocket(bout size of a green apple) that needs to be lipoed. Other than that, he was very confident that the tummy tuck was all I needed at this point!! He did take his first look at me and ask me if I had recently lost a bunch of weight. When I told him yes, he asked how much. So I told him. He said, "Did you lose that weight on your own? Or was there surgery involved?" I said on my own, and he was VERY impressed. Then I asked him about my south pointing boobs. He said that my breasts looked fine, my thighs were fine, minus the inner part, but who cares?? Not me!! He told me that it would take 3 hrs, and I was gonna have the surgery done right there in his office, because they have the surgery facility built right into the office!! I asked a million questions, poor guy, hehehe, he probably thought I would never shut up, but he answered all of them calmly, lol. And he and his nurse reassured me that I would be fine. PLUS.....I told him about this one website I visited, cant remember what it was called, anyhoooooo, it had stories bout others and their experiences with the TT. I told him some of the stories, and he giggled a bit. He said not to worry about the stories I read, that everyone is different, and he hasnt had anyone who couldnt heal properly. I got to see all of his work on TT's. WOW!!!! This guy doesnt cut crooked, I can tell you that for a fact!!! His lines are straight and clean!! Then, I spoke with a young woman close to my age in the waiting room who had the TT done 8 weeks ago. She said YES she would do it again. I got to see her scar, WOW!! Not bad at all!! And her belly button was almost completely healed!!! At 8 weeks PO!!!! Holy Moley!!! So, I decided that this was definitely what I want to do. I scheduled my appointment for June 29th. I know I know, I'm gonna lose my summer fun, BUT I really dont mind because having a flat tummy is way more imprtant than having fun this summer!! Next year will be my fun year with my new tummy!!!! Maybe we will even plan a vacation to the beach, or a waterpark!!! WOOHOOO, bikinis, here I come!!!! hehehe Anyhooooo, thanks everyone for the awesome support ya'll have given me even though I've only been here for a short while!! I plan to stick around if its ok with yas!! After my surgery, I will keep ya'll posted on everything. That way, if there's anyone feeling the same way I am, they can read my experience, and feel more at ease!! Thanks again!!!
cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:09 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

cha - this is FABULOUS! so glad you liked him, and he took time with you, and he answered ALL your questions and then some!

and you HAVE to stay with us. you just HAVE to.. ok? ok. can't wait to hear more!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:19 PM   #3  

I am so happy for you Cha!!! Keep us posted!!

D.
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:09 PM   #4  

Congrats Cha, and I think its a great time of year to have it done. You'll be dancing before you know it all lean and trim. Keep us updated!
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 277/134/140

Height: 5'4"

Great news Cha !! Now I'm jealous LOL
magi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 312/288/165

Height: 5'4"

Congrats and best of luck Cha. Keep up posted.
debo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:05 AM   #7  
cha

Thanks all!!! The support here is the bomb!! I havent been sleeping much. I think these next 2 months are gonna be tough for me. I am tryin ta keep myself busy so I dont think about it, but its not working. It has become the only thing I think about all day long!! I think I am obssessed!! lol We are going to attempt to fix some things in our house today. Hope it all goes well. Lots of work to be done!! Maybe this will keep my mind busy for awhile!! lol Oh, did I mention I was put on a list for early surgery?? If someone cancels, I may go in earlier than June 29th. YIKES!! Not only am I excited about this, but my hubby is very excited!! He wants me to be able to go in early, so we can have more healing time before the full summer hits. Pins and needles here!! Pins and needles!! lol And, with the way this surgery is falling, we should have it completely paid off before the summer is out!! Pretty groovy ehh? I thought so. Then I can sit back and think about other things besides this dang belly skin, and the money I am spending!! Whew!! Ok, well thats all for now. Take care all!!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:12 AM   #8  
cha

65 more days to go for my TT!!!! GEEZ it seems like forver!!! But I can do this!! I have already had mixed emotions yet again, I think because I have to wait so long. I almost called and cancelled two times again!!! I just dont know if I should be spending this money on myself!! I mean, hubby wants a motorcycle, kids want a pool and new bikes, and the house needs some remodeling. Now if I go through with this, we will have to put everything else on hold for another year before the surgery will be paid off!! Hubby doesnt want me to change my mind. He thinks that its worth it. But now I am having second and third thoughts!!! Anybody else feel or felt this way??
Old 04-24-2006, 09:34 AM   #9  
Old Cackler

CHA: there comes a time in our lives when it's time to put ourselves first, and this just might be YOUR time.

the kids want new bikes - that's nice. they can do chores to earn money. and the pool? hmmm. they can survive a bit longer without it.

hubby wants a motorcycle - don't they all??? he'll figure out how to get it, one way or another, or he'll decide that this isn't the right time.

House remodeling? houses ALWAYS need work.

THIS IS YOUR TIME. YOUR TURN!!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:56 AM   #10  
cha

Thanks jiffy!!! You are a very sweet and understanding person!! I wish I wouldve had you around through my weightloss journey!! I think things wouldnt have been so hard to deal with had I had a buddy like you to talk to. I spoke with hubby about my thoughts. He said I was crazy and stop feeling that way. He also believes it is my time to do something for me, and not someone else. He said that the motorcycle can wait, and the kid's bikes do not need replacing, and the pool is a bad idea for now cuz of our 1 yr old son. He went on to say that I have always done for everyone else, and never asked for anything in return, which is true I guess, but its my job, its what I do. So he said that this TT was for me, and that I do deserve it. But what a ton of money!! He makes enough money that we will have it paid off before summer is over, but in return, our summer is crushed!! I will be healing, and we will have no extra money for a vavction even if I did feel up to it!! But he said, "Angel, one summer without a vacation is not going to kill us! So stop being an azz, and just be happy that you get to have the tummy you've always wanted!" Ok Ok, so maybe I think too much, lol. But it is an awful lot of dough to blow on myself!! I mean I spend a couple hundred on clothes or a new tattoo for myself every once in awhile, but not this much money!! I know, I know, stop it cha!!! lol I guess the anxiety is kicking in. I mean, maybe if I didnt have to wait 2 more months for this, I wouldnt change my mind again!! But theres no other choice. My doc is too busy to fit me in any sooner!! He works in Dallas, TX. And that city has wayyyyyy too many people that want PS!! I am lucky that he could get me in before July!! The waiting game is not a game that I play very well!! ha ha ha Ummmm, is it June yet??? LOL!!!! Anyhooo, thanks again jiffy for your kind words. They do mean a lot to me!! :-)
Old 04-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #11  
Old Cackler

i'm gonna say that your husband is one smart dude - because he agrees with ME!!!! LOL!!!!

seriously, cha - you lost all this weight FOR YOURSELF, and for your health. the TT is one more step in that process. yes, it's $$$, but good heavens, woman! this is important to you. go for it.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

Way to go!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:21 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'd get that TT in a heartbeat. You deserve it. He's right about the pool, not a good idea with a 1 yr. old. He can wait on a motorcycle, there's no harm in that. We as women tend to place other's needs and wants first, but you need to put yourself first this time. Good luck with the procedure and know that many of us here at 3FC would love to have it done.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #14  
cha

Thanks ladies!!! I am feeling better about in all now. Just mainly nerves of actually getting it done now!! I am so worried that it will not turn out the way the others TTs did in the pics I saw at the office. I mean I saw the pics, examined them very carefully, and some were awesome recoveries, but others werent. Some of the scars were straight and clean, and some werent. Plus all the bad stories I have read about are scarring me too. I am trying to stay positive though. Thanks again for all of your kind words!! They are keeping me sane. :-)
Old 05-30-2006, 10:32 PM   #15  

Hi Cha,
I too am having ps June 21. I am having a tt and a breast reduction/lift. I am getting anxious and excited (also feeling guilty about the money). Just to ease your mind, my good friend had tt and breast lift May 8th and this is her 3rd week of recovery and she is feeling great. We went out to breakfast today and going to get haircuts, lunch and to the mall tomorrow. She is an inspiration to me. I helped to take care of her since she came home from the hospital and honestly after the first 10 days (when her drains came out) she felt fantastic. She did too much in the first week after she started to feel better and paid for it the second week. She had to go back to bed and behave. So best advice follow what you dr. tells you even though you may feel like you need to do things around the house. Don't do it! Take the full two weeks to take it easy, very likely your drains will come out sooner and you'll feel so much better the moment those come out. She took her prescription pain killer for about 5 days and was done (she didn't like the way it made her feel in her head). She looks great! Her stomach is flat and her breasts look like she's 18. She is extremely happy and has no regrets. Hope this eases your mind. Good luck you'll do fine, it sounds like you have an excellent surgeon! That is KEY!
Cool Mom of 3

Last edited by Cool Mom of 3; 05-30-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Cool Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote