Old 04-17-2006, 06:26 PM   #1  

Default I've made a decision

Thank you everyone for your comments, advice, suggestions, and insights into my issue/decision/journey (whatever you wanna call it LOL)

I have decided to do Optifast with my dad.
I had a session with my personal counselor about this decision and we talked about everything that it entailed - she also noted that in the 8 months that I've gone to her, I have NEVER addressed my weight with her.... She said that if I do this, I would have to get all the resources and support I could. She was glad to hear about this discussion board too! In addition to the counseling that Optifast provides, I am going to be seeing my counselor probably once a week to work on my self-image and identity issues.... It was good to hear that I wasn't crazy to be scared to be thin! That for most people who have grown up fat, being the "fat kid" is a huge part of identity and there is alot of work to do to create a new self-image/identity about oneself.
I feel like I am truly ready to live my life without blinders on...I am ready to prioritize my weight issues (I couldn't have done this a year ago because I was living too much in denial).
I think this is going to be an interesting summer, but I am looking forward to finally seeing progress and really putting all the tools I have together in a way that fits well and works well.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:27 PM   #2  

I wish you all the luck in the world. It sounds like you have a serious support system on your side, and you're going into this experience with your eyes open. Keep coming here, we'll be here whenever you need us!
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #3  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Awesome post, awesome decision! I'm so happy for you!!!! You are worth it, your health is worth it, and you won't regret making this decision! I feel so much better mentally and physically since I have lost weight (I still have more to lose). It's been a long road, but I just think of it as a lifelong journey to improved health and wellness! Sometimes the first step is the hardest, and it sounds like you've made that first step. Good for you and congratulations!!! Keep posting and letting everyone know your progress: the good and the not so good. We all have our ups and downs, but you'll be surprised that your ups will most likely for outnumber your downs. Best wishes!!!!
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:27 PM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your decision, and the way you made it! I wish you all the luck in the world.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:27 PM   #5  
9.95 + S & H

Good luck!
PsycoPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Good luck!!! I did optifast through the hospital here 5 years ago. Unfortunately I wasn't 100% ready & didn't take advantage of all aspects of the program fully. I was also a LOT younger than anyone else in my group & didn't really connect.

I wish you all the best - I know it will not be easy but with the terrific support system you've put in place you'll be able to do it!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #7  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations! You've got my support!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:06 AM   #8  
Downsizing Dee!

Sounds like you're going into this with your eyes wide open. I wish you every success with it. Keep us posted on how it's going. Good luck!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good Luck!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:38 AM   #10  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Congrats! I think you are doing this in such a smart and healthful way especially in that you are seeing a counsellor who can help you cope along the way and afterwards. Please keep up updated on how it goes!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #11  
Aleecia

Wishing you the best of luck. Sounds like you have a lot of support around you which will definitly help. I hope you and your dad do really well. Keep us all updated.

Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:03 PM   #12  
One pound at a time...

All the best to you!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Wishing you every success! It sounds like you've put a lot of thought in your decision.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote