LA Weight Loss - Shake Breakdowns

View Full Version : Shake Breakdowns

Boo'sMom
04-17-2006, 05:53 PM
I am going to re-post the shake breakdowns so everyone doesn't have to search for them!

I did look on the Slimfast site for the shake breakdowns:
Low Carb / Optima / High Protein/ LA Slimdown/Atkins Advantage
Cal 190 / 190/ 190/ 270/ 170
Fat 9 / 6 / 5/ 5/ 9
Sodium 260 / 200/ 220/ 380/ 165
Carbs 6 /25 / 24/ 36/ 5
Sugars 1 /18 / 13/ 32/ 1
Protein 20 /10 / 15/ 20/ 18

stiesta
04-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks, Boo! :)

Boo'sMom
04-17-2006, 05:59 PM
My pleasure--hey, we're all in this together and every little bit helps! I, for one, love the "easy" button!

rad7775
04-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Boo:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you....:hug:
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

I think that I am going to try the low carbs one, b/c is the same protein amount of the LAWL, I just going to give it a try, I still have the other ones so as soon as I finish them I am gonna try them, lets see wich one works better.

Boo'sMom
04-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I am like Dairy--I want all the protein I can get so I can feel full. I think I will try them in the blender. That's how I make my regular (la lite) shakes and it makes a huge shake so I feel like I am getting a lot (except all the air makes me burpy!:o :^:

sznn
04-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks Boo,

- reason I asked is that I bought a protein powder mix.
It is presidents choice and here's the stats:
2 scoops pwd + 1 C 1% milk =

Calories 240
Protein 14g
Fat 4.1 g
carb 29 g
sodium 317g
- also contains other vitamins + minerals.

Just an idea for anyone who wants to say some $$.
Think it cost $15, and will make about 40+ servings + the cost of milk.

Note: would be less calories with skim milk.
-S

rad7775
04-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Sznn:
You just mentioned the brand "President's Choice" and girl; those people made my favorite cookies, they are called: "President's Choice Chocolate Chunk" OMG, sorry that I mentioned them when we are all in "diet pain" right now, but girl they are soooo gooood! :hun: Anyway, girl, Thanks for the idea!

angelica1674
04-18-2006, 09:10 AM
I am like Dairy--I want all the protein I can get so I can feel full. I think I will try them in the blender. That's how I make my regular (la lite) shakes and it makes a huge shake so I feel like I am getting a lot (except all the air makes me burpy!:o :^:
Do you just put ice in a blender with the shakes and blend?? I must get a blender anyone know of a good one thats not too expensive but still crushes ice good??

Repo girl
04-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Angelica- I like the smoothy maker kind. They have a spout on the pitcher. Very handy.

Dairy Fairy
04-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Angelica, since you don't have a blender, if you have the option to get one with a stainless steel pitcher I would reccommend that. I don't know if they're affordable or not, but I had a friend who bought one specifically because it kept the ice colder and you ended up with a really consistent, smooth finished product.

angelica1674
04-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the help!! Does the smoothy maker kind make margarita's?I will look for both kind and price compare.The only thing I would be using a blender for is the shakes and margaritas(if and when I ever have them,love them)Is there really any other uses for a blender?

Boo'sMom
04-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Katie--is the smoothie maker hard to clean? I only use my blender (and it's crappy and old but gets it done) for drinks and salsa (can't do chunks). I need something new and better--especially for the ice!

Repo girl
04-18-2006, 02:36 PM
No, it is a lot like a blender to clean. The spout just screws off and you rinse it out. No big deal.

Boo'sMom
04-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Thanks--I hate the cleanup part! I just looked on Walmart.com and found 2--1 is much more reasonable than the other so i think I will try it out. My girls will love it, too, especially this summer--they love smoothies and this looks pretty cool.

lak_55119
04-19-2006, 11:03 PM
other uses for the blender, Daquires, Pina coladas and mixing up stuff for marinades.

Dairy Fairy
04-19-2006, 11:11 PM
I've even ground rice into rice flour...I don't have a food processer

aggie2006
04-20-2006, 06:48 AM
u can take your dairy and fruit some splenda and ice and make a fruit milky smoothie...or u can take your fruit and some fruit juice and ice and make a fruity smoothie...or u can take your starch- icecream plus fruit some milk and make a milkshake...

angelica1674
04-20-2006, 02:40 PM
I just wanted to post this quick note.I bought slimfast shake coupons off of ebay.I got 15 $2 dollar off coupons for $2.90.They were good till the end of may.There was a bunch of coupons on ebay for slimfast.Thought you all might want to check it out.

rad7775
04-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks Angelica, I'm a discount freak, he he he :D

angelica1674
04-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Me too and since we are drinking alot of these shakes during the 6 weeks.Thats 10 shakes x 3=7.5 4 packs. With them coupons your saving $16!

hkychik
04-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know if Costco carries Slimfast shakes?

sznn
04-21-2006, 02:57 PM
hky - I just bought a case of slimfast optima from Costco here in Canada.
I believe most store carry similar stock - we just don't have booze for sale in ours:( due to our archaic victorian laws.

I love those slimfast shakes - they are soooo tasty.
-S

hkychik
04-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks, Sznn! I have to go on Saturday, I'll take a look before I buy more at wally world!

Dairy Fairy
04-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Just got back from walmart where I found 2 4 packs of shakes on clearance for $1! At 25 cents a shake, I couldn't pass them up. They were

Body 4 life, 180 cals I think and 15 g protein
Pria Complete Nutrition 170 cals, 13 g protein.

I took it as a sign I need to keep up wtih the challenge!

merem
06-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm bumping this thread up cause of the great information.:) I know I'll want to come back to it again.

smokepole
06-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Sorry guys, I'm confused :) Are the "low carb" shakes made by Slimfast?

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Sznn - where did you get the president's choice protein powder mix? and what flavor was it?

merem
06-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Smokepole,
Yes, the Low Carb / Optima / High Protein are all from Slimfast.

smokepole
06-02-2006, 10:47 PM
thanks merem! Wanted to purchase the right thing!!

MTdebster921
08-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Paulakay-here is some info on what you can sub for the slimdowns

JSMS135
08-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Lea Ann,

Do you add anything to your La lite shake or just use water and ice? I tried the vanilla yesterday, but didn't like it too much. Is the chocolate or strawberry better?

Patty

canadian mom
08-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Wal-mart also has theur genetic brand yhay is what I was on. MY sister said it tasted just like slimfast ...well pretty close, better than the brand she was using.

Boo'sMom
08-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Patty--YES--I have to add fruit or I can't do it. I like strawberries with the vanilla and my favorite is to add a banana (2 fruit servings) and some sugar free chocolate syrup to the chocolate--it is good. I use a lot of ice and not a lot of water to make it really thick so it fills me up. I still prefer the bars but sometimes it's a nice change.

bizlawchik
08-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Lea Ann and Patty - Glad you guys said that. I just got a pack of the chocolate, but haven't tried it. I will save a fruit for the evening tomorrow and try the chocolate banana thing!

JSMS135
08-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I tried to add blueberries and milk to the vanilla. It was not good and looked even worse. I'll try the banana and chocolate.

Thanks
Patty

redhead30
08-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I got scolded at my COD for doing a slim fast instead of theirs. I know they're just trying to sell theirs - how do you guys count them?

bizlawchik
08-07-2006, 09:20 PM
The shakes that we make from the powder are the substitute for the Lites, so they are the LAWL shakes. But... when I use a Slimfast for a protein and starch, I just write in my book LA Slimdown. Same thing when I do Take Off and I use the Knudsen's juice. I just write TO Juice. And when I treat myself to the occasional 100 calorie Cool Ranch Dorito pack, I write down LA Snack. It's just easier and cheaper that way.

redhead30
08-07-2006, 09:30 PM
That's good info to have. So - the 100 calorie packs count as a starch? I was wondering about those. I'm a little scared to get them this early (starting week 3 tomorrow). I haven't been very successful in the past in limiting myself to just one pack...maybe one day.

mbfarley
08-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi Redhead==I see you are from B'ham. :) Which center do you go to? I'm on week 11. I go to the one in Hoover. Nice to meet someone close to me:D

redhead30
08-08-2006, 08:46 AM
Hey Martha - I go to the center in Hoover also!! Had a bad weigh in yesterday - up .2. I think it's because I lifted weights on Sunday. No change in the scale this morning though. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to - just have to hope it'll work itself out.

Have you found any counselors you really like? I've had a different one every time and haven't connected with any of them.

mbfarley
08-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Redhead30! I had an awful wi today. and Monday... I'm up 2.4 lbs.:( Brought it on myself-went off plan again, after eating bacon on an Arby's chicken club salad, and then going to Fish Market and eating the hushpuppies..and some pasta. :nono: Oh well, back to work! There are a couple of counselors that I like...one I don't know her name, the other I think is named Gail. A couple of them I really don't like. The rest I am kinda indifferent. Can't say I've really connected with any of them. Its a pretty pushy center about buying products but I'm learning to "just say NO".:dust:

Boo'sMom
08-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Brenda--hope this helps! I wish I could get the Low Carb--at least to try--not sure how they taste but they are the best substitution nutrition-wise.

Gamababa3
08-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Brenda--hope this helps! I wish I could get the Low Carb--at least to try--not sure how they taste but they are the best substitution nutrition-wise.

Have you tried going on Slimfast web site you can buy their drinks there. Also I'd try their menu plan over eating Special K, which is just more carbs and not much to eat. Slimfast web site has a full plan and it's free. I use the low carb one and it has the same protein as the LA Slimdowns, but so much better in everything else. I bought mine at Wal-mart, good luck finding it.

Boo'sMom
08-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Barb--thanks for the information--I looked on the website--I'm just cheap about the shipping!! My mom says her Wal-mart has them so when we go this weekend I'm going to see. They may have to bring cases every time they come to visit. Do you like the taste of the low-carb? it's definitely the best one for protein but I was curious on the taste. Bummer about the special k--they make it so appealing in the ad. You are doing soooo great!!! I still remember our big celebration dance when you broke into onederland!! YIPPEE!!!

Gamababa3
08-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Barb--thanks for the information--I looked on the website--I'm just cheap about the shipping!! My mom says her Wal-mart has them so when we go this weekend I'm going to see. They may have to bring cases every time they come to visit. Do you like the taste of the low-carb? it's definitely the best one for protein but I was curious on the taste. Bummer about the special k--they make it so appealing in the ad. You are doing soooo great!!! I still remember our big celebration dance when you broke into onederland!! YIPPEE!!!

I know what you mean about the shipping I was the same way. That is why I was so happy when I found it at Wal-mart. That's great if you're Mom can pick some up for you. As for the taste it isn't as good as the LA Slimdown, but it's better for you. I had to inquire the taste, but it's really not bad. I like the vanilla ones better and I drink them very cold. I've had Special K before and although good it's like eating nothing the cereal is so light. I appreciate the kind words, but the only thing I'm doing great in is the exercise I wish I could get back the modivation I had with LAWL as when I first started. I wanted to be down a lot less by my 50th late Oct and the way I'm going I'm not going to be there. I do remember the celebration when I made it into onderland, you guys are great:)

Boo'sMom
08-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I like the Optima Slimfast fine--not as good as the Slimdown but the COD and I agreed the Slimdowns taste better because of the tons of sugar in them! I hope to find the low carb this weekend--I think Albertsons will special order too--they did in Arizona. Because of the better nutritional value I can learn to like them. I like my shake either blended with ice or just poured over crushed ice--seems like it lasts forever that way. I'm with you--I need to find my lost motivation. I think lately I am just tired of everything allowed--I hope last nights splurge will help and not hurt!

Boo'sMom
10-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Bumping this up for those interested.

mbfarley
10-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I do love the chocolate slimfast. Found the low carb at Target a couple of weeks back. They are not as good to me and have a higher fat content. So fat...starch...??? But like you I love them because they are a no brainer. My daughter is away for her first year at college, so it takes some motivation for me to cook for myself.

Boo'sMom
01-11-2007, 09:57 AM
I am bumping this up so you can all compare the shake options. I think the LA Slimdowns taste great but when you see the amount of suger you will know why! I use the SLimfast Optima and add a string cheese--seems to make it pretty comparable to the Slimdown

katiebug77
01-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks for bumping this up. I like the shakes for days when I am on the go, and slimfast is a much more affordable option. I also like the string cheese idea. I had noticed that the optima doesn't have as much protein, so it would help. I also LOVE string cheese

LittleBlueCat
01-11-2007, 10:05 AM
:thanks: Thanks Lea Ann! I am running out of the Slim Downs, have 2 left in the freezer. I think I will look for the Slim Fast Optima on my next grocery trip!