Carb Counters - Weekly Chat April17-23/06

View Full Version : Weekly Chat April17-23/06

RobinW
04-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Putting the coffee on.......be back in a bit

RobinW
04-17-2006, 10:51 AM
We had a very nice easter dinner yesterday with the family. I gained 8lbs yesterday :eek: I hate when that happens!

Im going to buckle down and get busy getting this weight off. Like I mentioned the other day, Im to a point where its now or never. It absolutely has to come off....Ive had enough! I am so sick and tired of being on a diet, way of eating, whatever you want to call it....Im sick and tired of it! I want to be a normal weight, and I want to eat like a normal person!

So my new journey begins today.....to Normaldom! :queen:

activeadventurer
04-17-2006, 11:04 AM
I had a nice Easter too. Not OP but not off the hook either. It was nice that my Easter outfit (something I hadn't worn in several months) was significantly looser than the last time I wore it.

I love Robin that you mentioned normalacy. That is a pretty illusive thing for me. I think the best I can hope for is to make peace with my relationship with food. I have no idea what normal is? My DF has been the same weight for 30 years and doesn't seem to care about food one way or the other. Is that normal? I have no idea!

SherryA
04-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Robin, I don't think it is going to work that way honey. For those of us who have been very obese, we'll never be able to eat like "normal" people because we don't know what normal is. Normal is different for differnt people too.

I've noticed with my husband who is thin as a rail and has a high metabolism to go along with it, he can eat or skip meals and it doesn't seem to matter. He never gains. Most mornings he doesn't eat breakfast, but he drinks this coffee loaded with sugar and creamer. Then for lunch he may eat a big meal or he may skip it. Or he may eat an average size meal. At dinner he never takes seconds, but he always has a full plate. If he doesn't feel like eating he just won't, but at other times he has to eat NOW. He doesn't eat sweets much though (unless you count that horrible coffee).

I know I couldn't eat like he does and be as thin as he is. My metabolism just isn't the same, I love my sweets and I have any number of times wanted a second helping. I don't much eat breakfast either, but I'm not sure that is a good thing, I think with my metabolism it would probably help.

No. I don't think normal is normal. There isn't any normal. All of us are programmed a little differently and what works for one doesn't always work for someone else.

I can understand your frustration and your desire to be there, but this has to be a lifelong journey. It has to be something you can live with and something you think you can do forever. I'm not saying you have to eat at 20 grams or less forever, but for this to work, you have to accept that there is no going back.

The going back will lead to what happened to me where you get to a nice reasonably low number (like where you are at) and then you start gaining until you have most of it gained back. I was at about 222 to 225 or so kind of fluxuating around that point for a long time feeling like you are and then I just got sick of the whole process. Started eating whatever I wanted because "I wasn't losing any way" and gained back up to 268.5 which is where I found myself last December. You don't want to go there.

We have to learn to love ourselves where we are. We have to celebrate EVERY success. And sometimes the only successes we have to celebrate are the losses we've already made and our ability to maintain those losses!

When I was at my lowest, I kept being unhappy and complaining that I couldn't lose any more. Maybe my body needed a rest, maybe I needed to see some progress I wasn't seeing, maybe I needed to buckle down harder or maybe my body had just reached a plateau and it wasn't budging from there.

But people said some things to me then that hurt, that made me feel like they were assuming that I "cheated" too much or wasn't following the plan correctly. Maybe they were trying to be helpful, but it was really hurtful to me and it made me very discouraged. Made me feel like I was never going to be "perfect enough" to lose the weight I wanted to lose. And I just got so sick of feeling like I had to be "perfect" to do it all. I knew I could never be perfect. I think that kind of thinking made me give up.

It wasn't the diet, it wasn't the WOL or the effort to eat right that was discouraging me, it was the lack of progress and the beating of myself up all the time. I got tired of working so hard and still hating myself for not being able to accomplish what I wanted.

You know what? This isn't a race. It doesn't have to happen today or tomorrow. It doesn't have to happen this year (although we would all like that). And there is no failure in continuing to do our best. We have to learn to love ourselves right where we are, in the skin we are standing in. And we have to do this weight loss thing in a way we can handle for the long term. If we can't see ourselves living this way for the rest of our lives, then we are kidding ourselves. We will gain it back unless we are determined not to go back to old habits.

Try and relax. I know you want it now. I do too. But love yourself. Celebrate your successes and realize that you may never be "normal" like you imagine others are. They aren't normal either. Each person must find their own normal.

RobinW
04-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Try and relax. I know you want it now. I do too. But love yourself. Celebrate your successes and realize that you may never be "normal" like you imagine others are. They aren't normal either. Each person must find their own normal.

What is normal to you and what is normal to me are 2 completely different things....that much is obvious. Telling me to relax will not solve my problems. Relaxing is what got me in this situation...and YES it has to happen now. You know this or you wouldnt be fasting the way you have been. I have come a very long way in my weightloss journey, and Im not about to give it up now. I was "normal" once....but **** happens and life gets in the way....new habits are formed, and learned....I need to get back to my "normal" self. So yes......I can say I want to be normal again, and I will be. With or without support from anyone else!

SherryA
04-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Robin it sounds like I have upset you and if so I apologize. I meant relax emotionally, not with the diet. You just sounded like I did when I got so disgusted with the process that I gave up, and I didn't want that to happen to you. I was trying to be supportive, not to hurt you at all. Please forgive me if I said something that bothered you.

Ciarra
04-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Morning! Actually afternoon.
I have to say I really feel like Robin about getting this weight off now, already. I was looking at exercise stuff and found a statement that exercising before you eat is more beneficial for fat loss, alot more. I figure I'll give it a shot. exercise can only help anyway. So it is after 2 and i just ate breakfast. Yeah it was a busy morning. we have an acre out in the country and it is beautifull. I mowed (with a push mower) half of it this morning; kind of broke something off the lawnmower so dh will have to look at it later.
I applaud everyone with the courage to weigh this morning. I had a delightfull Easter meal. A couple of times yesterday. So today it is time to buckle down and get things done. I'll weigh in on Friday. My birthday is basically in 2 weeks and I had so wanted to be in shape for it, but I am going to concentrate on the first day of summer (June 21st) to be at or near goal(size 8). And that is 21 pounds in a little over 2 months so very doable (2 sizes). Anyway I have already found keotsis again and plan to stay there.

bnbsmommy1
04-17-2006, 02:31 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know this is hard. You are both wonderful people and I'm glad we have this forum to talk in

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

RobinW
04-17-2006, 04:40 PM
I was trying to be supportive, not to hurt you at all.
Thanks for that Sherry, but it wasnt how I read it. I understand that you meant well, and Im sure in a different frame of mind I would have taken it for how you meant it. But relaxing is not something I can do right now, its not an option. If anything I have to tighten everything up and not let anything relax....otherwise Im not going to get to where I need to be. my "Normal" So, its all good, thanks

Ciarra, our goal dates are very close, mine is June 27th. The last day of my dd's school, and the beginning of summer vacation. We can do this!!

Lacey :hug:

Made it to the gym with my new gym buddy. She is too funny...doesnt like having too many men around here either!! :lol: It's going to be nice to have someone to go with and keep each other motivated.

Well, I took too much time off this afternoon at the gym and Im behind on some of our work....so Im off. Have a nice evening ladies.

Leenie
04-17-2006, 05:02 PM
I was "normal" once....but **** happens and life gets in the way....new habits are formed, and learned....I need to get back to my "normal" self. So yes......I can say I want to be normal again, and I will be. With or without support from anyone else!

I agree with you Robin, I was "normal" once, had some major crud happen in my life, and poof.... all those bad habbits I fought for 10+ years and never gave them a 2nd though came back. It wasn't over night but boy is sure feels like it was.

I need to get this weight off NOW too. I need to change.

Good luck ladies in your journey.... I'm behind you all the way :grouphug:

ilovemike4alwayz
04-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi ladies. Just poping in to say hi and that I am still alive. I will be MIA for the next couple of days, but promice to catch up and catch you all up. -Sandra

lady_adnerb
04-18-2006, 08:33 AM
I'll be popping in and out throughout the next week. No need to worry. DH is off from work (vacation) so we'll be doing fishing and other stuff ;) I'm back on induction and thinking of doing the fat fast. I don't drop the weight like Sherry did on it---but if I can drop a few pounds or get the metabolism jump started to even drop a pound I'll be happy. Time to run :wave:

bnbsmommy1
04-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Hi sweeties!! Thought I'd jump in and see how everyone is doing
:hug: Have a great day!!

Brenda, hope you have a blast spending time with your dh!!

M&Gmom
04-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey ladies. Well I'm finally back online again after 5 days of pure chaos. My kids went to their grandmas for 5 days and I had a thousand things to get done while they were gone and still work nights. So obviously I'm exhausted. But I think we'll be back in our routine starting today...thank goodness.

Brenda - have fun with dh. Fishing sounds fun...especially this time of year when its not too hot yet.

:wave: to everyone else too. I'll never get caught up on all of the posts I missed, but I am trying to read some of them.

RobinW
04-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Brenda~ have fun with your hubby! I love having mine all to myself too.

Well, 4 of the 8 "easter" lbs are gone *whew* I even feel better today! Im moving in the right direction.

Have a workout planned at the gym, and some yardwork. I have a flowering almond I have to get planted. Of course I decided I want to put it right where I have beautiful bunch of daffy's blooming. I should be able to move them without too much trama....I hope :crossed:

Have a great day ladies, and thanks :hug:

Ciarra
04-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Morning:
Finished the yard last night and I know I retained a ton of water. But is done for a week or 2. Scale read 196 this morning. Nasty thing....
Anyway, walked this morning and did light weights for the arms.
Have a great day ya'll!

SherryA
04-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Good morning girls. I've got nothing new to report, but I did want to say hi. I'll be back on Atkins in a few days. Right now I'm trying to just go easy on my stomach. My stomach seems to have shrunk on the inside since my fast and I think it will be easier to eat small meals, so long as I don't stretch it out again by eating too much.

Falon
04-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey Ladies:

I'm alive, and should be jumping back in next week. I'm enjoying my brothers visit, and have been busy busy! See you all later.. sounds like you all are doing wonderful.

Sherry - glad you are well. I was getting a little worried with the fast. Hope it stays off. :)

:hug:

hockeyfan7
04-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone! I've been going nuts and haven't been on line. We have this house guest that is turning into a very unwelcome house guest and I don't know what to do with him.

He's a friend of my DH who if he had lived 100 years ago would have been a snake oil salesman. He's always into some new venture that's going to earn him $10,000 a month -- and then he never makes any money.

He was living with his girlfriend and they broke up and she kicked him out. His parents won't let him stay with them any more. He had nowhere to go and no money, so we said he could stay a few days until he worked something out - which has now been a few weeks.

He's hooked on playing poker on the computer -- he doesn't play with money, but he's on it for 8-10 hours a day - stays up all night. If he's not on the computer, he's parked in front of the TV.

I want my house back! We are going to have to tell him we don't need a roommate, but I feel kind of bad because I don't know where he'd go. But he's also a big user and he'd stay with us forever if we don't tell him to get lost.

M&Gmom
04-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Susan - that sounds like a yucky situtation to be in. I hope you get it resolved and you regain your house. I don't think i could stand that. :hug:

Tennessee
04-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Hi girls! Sounds like everyone had a nice Easter :) Mine was very nice. I worked in the yard for 6 hours on Saturday, and again on Sunday for a few hours, cleaning up storm damage, mowing, tying up rose bushes, trimming hedges, etc. I have a nice Easter dinner with friends, ham, cauliflower cassarole, asparagus - yum. A bunch of us ended up at the lake in the late afternoon after all our various obligations, and it a was nice relaxing end to a good weekend.

My weight is WAY up today, probably because TOM came this evening, and from all the exercise in the hot sun (it was in the 80's this weekend). Someone mentioned in another thread about antibiotics, and since I did just take a round of penecillian, so I guess that could have something to do with it to. I'm up to 236, and feeling discouraged and disheartened because I haven't cheated but it still keeps going up. I know I'm retaining a TON of water because my shoes are tight, so I'm drowning myself with water to try to get rid of it (drank 120 oz. each of the last two days). The little devil on my shoulder says that I since I keep gaining, I may as well just eat cake so at least there's a reason for it, but I know if I give into that "screw it" attitude the only way is up, and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get back with the program.

I keep thinking about changing plans, but I never felt as good on WW as I do on LC, and I keep thinking that if I just stick it out, things will improve. I'm going to go back to induction next week if I don't see a big woosh in the next few days, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

wah, wah, waaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Tenn

ilovemike4alwayz
04-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Ok so now that I have a few minutes I can jump on here. Well Easter went really bad for me and I have been doing fine since Monday. I started my new job and get to start my regular hours tomorrow, so then I will be able to go to the gym in the mornings from now on. I am not even going to try and step on the scale (I say that now, HA!) I know I have gained and TOM is knocking on the door this week, but is ok cause I have picked myself up and dusted off and I am back on again. Guys this new job is anyones dream job. I cant even begin to tell you how awesome it is, not to mention they have 3 gyms on campus and it is only 10 bucks a month for membership. Yes I have already joined there too, so that way I can hit the gym in the mornings near my house and then do some cardio for a bit after work. Well I gotta get going I will catch up later.
-Sandra

ilovemike4alwayz
04-19-2006, 07:00 AM
Oh yeah, and does anyone know if we can have balsamic vinagarett (sp) on induction. I couldnt find it anywhere. Thanks guys.

-Sandra

bnbsmommy1
04-19-2006, 07:22 AM
ilovemike: check a natural food store, I thought walmart had it too but I could be wrong

Susan: that sucks! A very sticky situation you are in, I'm so sorry!!!

We are getting ready to close on a new house and our nerves are shot!! It's one of the scariest things I've ever done. The payment is significant and I wonder if we'll be able to handle it every month. It means no extra shopping, EVER. anyway, I've gotta go walk before it's too late, maybe that will help my nerves :)

Lacey

M&Gmom
04-19-2006, 07:44 AM
:cheer: :cheer: Lacey on the new house. That IS very exciting!!!! :hug: I hope you get your nerves calmed down.

Sandra: Your new job sounds fantastic. Hope it all works out perfectly for you.

Tenn: Sending you lots of :dust: and a big :hug: don't give into that little devil on your shoulder.

Not much new with me....I'm headed to bed shortly.

Falon
04-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Morning Girls:

I'm so behind on personals, but I have really missed ya'll! I need to come back a little more often while my companies still here... make it priority! :)

I am excited to report, I got on the scale this morning and finally made it to 179 so i'm super thrilled.

I also picked up some protien shake mix i've never had.. Vanilla by Carb Solutions. Any experience with it here? Good or bad?? I really am tired of eggs! I also picked up some phsylium husk (powder) that I want to be able to mix into something, and so that's the plan. I'll try it this morning.

SUSAN: He's gotta go! For the sake of your sanity! And the simple fact that you are a no non-sense kind of woman, it shouldn't be to hard to get rid of him. My husbands best friend sounds like the same guy. Snake oil salesman is the most befitting description. They have known each other since they were 5 yrs old in Chicago, and he now lives in Walsenburg. That's to close for my taste! LOL

Hope everyone else is well. It sounds like you all are.. Big :hug: to each of you!

I'm off to change my ticker dangit! I need it.. :D

SherryA
04-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Tennessee, I don't know if you are taking vitamins or not, but if you are retaining water Vitamin B complex (actually the B6 in it) will help with that. Too check your salt levels. And of course you know TOM and working in the hot sun causes water retention. Hang in there it will pass when TOM does.

Susan: Freeloaders are used to being told to take their problems somewhere else. Is he looking for work? If not, then let it be known that he has maybe a week, or two which ever you decide is reasonable to get out of your house, that you really aren't ready for a constant houseguest. Or just mention "I thought you were staying for a few DAYS?" Let him know you feel like the days are up, but that you might be willing to give him X amount of time to find other arrangments (if you are). I had that happen to me when I was renting a house from my mother. SHE objected and insisted I get them out of there. It was only supposed to be a "few days" and it worked into over a month. I didn't mind really as much as she did, but I did find that I resented being the only one working in the household while they seemed to have all this time.

This same "friend" (or at least his girlfriend) wound up stealing from me. A few things disappeared during that time and I have evidence of where it went. Anyway you are not alone, people like that go from pillar to post and they know what they are doing and just how to use people to their advantage. You don't have to allow yourself to be used. Kick him out. Even if he has no place to go, do it. He'll bounce. Those people always do. And if he doesn't maybe it will be his wake up call to actually get busy and make a life for himself. Enablers who give these people a break are actually helping them to preserve the illusion that they don't have to grow up and become responsible adults like the rest of us have. (This last statement isn't meant as an insult to you, I've just been there done that and this is the conclusion I've reached. My own "grown" son is a similar type and he does well when you force him to face it all, does terrible when it is too easy).

Lacey: What you are experiencing is called "buyer's remorse". It hits us all. We begin to panic and wonder if we can handle the extra expense. It happened to me when we bought this place. Unless it is WAY beyond what you have been paying now, you should do ok. For us, the price seemed SO high compared to what we were used to, but now, you can't rent for the price we pay to own. So it all works out over time. Also right after we bought, my husband lost his job and didn't earn for a month. That was scarey, but we got through it. I'm sure it will work out with you too (assuming you haven't gone way out on a limb, and I doubt you have). Enjoy your new home it sounds wonderful and exciting.

I had my first meal last night with meat in it. Chicken, and brocolli, and my scale is up too. I don't think it is water retention so much as undigested food in me. I expected to gain some after my fast. Hoping this is it, and that the scale won't keep climbing. We'll see.

So I'll be cutting out the salty stuff, the higher carb things and going to mostly vegetables and a small amount of meat. I think I can keep my portions really small right now and I think I will because there just isn't any reason to do anything else.

Plus I'm going to have to start fitting exercise in so that I can build back any muscle I may have lost recently. I don't want to give my metabolism any excuse to slow way down.

One good thing the fast did for me is to make me more aware of how much water I need and want. I don't think I drank near enough yesterday and when I did drink it, it was late in the day. So that is another goal.

hockeyfan7
04-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi everyone! I'm just waiting for today to be over! I've been staying up way past my bedtime watching TV and I'm sleepy. Early to bed tonight. At least I can watch the American Idol results in 3 minutes -- yeah for TIVO!

Falon, does your friend in Walsenberg need a roommate?

Lacey, congrats on the house. You will love it and you will find a way.

Sherry, my house guest does at least have a job -- he sells security systems to homes and businesses. But he only gets paid commission so if he doesn't sell, he doesn't get paid.

Sandra - I looked it up and all the balsamic vinegars I found have 2 grams of carbs per tablespoon -- except for Paul Newman's which has 5.

Hey Tenn - don't eat cake. Cake is nasty. Especially chocolate cake.

M&G Mom -- I can't remember your real name right now but :cp: I'm so bad with remembering all the names!

Janetska
04-19-2006, 11:18 PM
I lost 20 lb while I was on induction last year. When I started to add things back in and felt like I had been successful all the pounds plus came rushing back. I have a hard getting back on it. I stuck to induction for 2 weeks last month and lost zero, so I was pretty discouraged and it makes it even harder for me to get motivated again. It worked so well the first time, I don't understand why it isn't now.

SherryA
04-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Janetska, Sometimes it doesn't work as well the second time because we aren't as conscientious. We think we are being careful and sometimes we really aren't. There are those who say you only get one "golden" chance for it to work well, but I'm not sure I believe that.

It has worked for me every time I really buckle down and do it right. But it is so easy to let the low carb "treats" sneak in and they can mess things up.

ilovemike4alwayz
04-20-2006, 07:32 AM
You know what. I am having the same issue. I lost so much the first time and I think you are right Sherry. I am so discouraged right now and I am so tired of dicking around, excuse my language. That is it!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to do this and I am going to do this 100%. I let the low carb stuff in like the shakes and bars, but you know what, why not snack on something healthy like a veggie, why use a processed food. I didnt use them the first time, why do i think I need them now. I am starting over today!

bnbsmommy1
04-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Hi girls!! Thanks for the home advice, HOPEFULLY we did not go over our heads but we shall see!!!

I'm thinking being so broke to buy groceries definitely has it's advantages!!!I'm not sure if it's that or stress but something is really kicking me along and I'm not complainin!!

Hope everyone has a beautiful day, I'll try to get personals in tonight, I've hosting a baby shower tomorrow and still haven't started the lining to her moses basket, aaaahhh!!

Lace

RobinW
04-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Morning :coffee:

Its been beautiful here, and Im hoping to get digging in the garden this morning!

Lace~ Im terrible with the stress that comes with buying a house....it always turns out just fine....it'll be ok. Otherwise the bank wouldnt have given you the mortgage.

Having food issues today....the sugar monsters are in high gear :(

Have a great day ladies!

Ciarra
04-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Morning,
We got a ton of rain last night. Lots of lightening and didn't sleep as well as I like. we desperately need the rain though. Gotta get motivated to go walk and get some exercise in.
Lace congrats on the house and on your ticker moving so well. everything will work out fine.
Robin: I hate those pesky little sugar monsters. Lock them in the closet if you can.
DH is trying to start Atkins. Tapering off his carbs and having severe sugar withdrawls. He's diabetic and his blood sugar was awfull yesterday. Hoping his day goes better.
Anyway ya'll have a great day.

hockeyfan7
04-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Morning everyone! It's not even noon yet and I'm already on my second 32 oz bottle of water. But I keep having to run down the hall.

It's freezing cold in my office today. The girls in my department say it's because all the guys are out of town and there's no hot air blowing around in the department today.

I think I'll go out for lunch and go shoe shopping to get warm!

Janetska
04-20-2006, 02:14 PM
I was writing everything down. I think it might have something to do with the fact that the first time I was not on hormones and now I am. I am pretty frustrated. Induction is easier than going on to the next level because I don't have the options like fruit and things I like to eat a lot of.
Also, there are soooo many different eating plans out there that during this last year I have been jumping from one to the other depending on my mood. It would help if I could stick to one thing. I have decided it has to be low carb. I know it works and I just need to quit dinking around and do it. I am such a whiner sometimes. I love this dancing carrot.:carrot:

M&Gmom
04-20-2006, 06:19 PM
:wave: Just thought I'd say hi. Had a busy day so no time so far to catch up with everyone. Hope everyone is having a great day!

ilovemike4alwayz
04-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Ok I did really well on my eating and my water today and I am sitting here waiting for my friend to call me so that way we can go to the gym. Sorry about this morning. I was really frustrated and had to let out some steam and if I offended anyone, I do apologize. But I am doing really good today and I think I have recruited a few ladies at the office to even begin.

Tennessee
04-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Susan, how are things going with your “house guest”? Has your hubby kicked his butt to the curb yet? Since its his friend, I think he should have the honor BTW. Yes, cake is evil, full of poison and just all around horrible stuff
(still want it though LOL).

I’m sorry you had a difficult time with Easter Sandra, but it’s only one day. Are things better for you now?

Lacey, what’s the news on the house? And, more importantly, when do we get to see pictures? I’m so excited for you, being a home owner is scary at first, but it’s a wonderful thing and I know you guys will be so happy.

Thanks for the will power dust Jackie, I wish I didn’t, but I need it.

Sherry, I take a pre-natal multi my doctor prescribed. I figure that ought to do me, but I’ll look into a B complex if I don’t woosh when TOM concludes. Thanks for the idea.

I'm dragging my feet about going walking this evening, but I guess I better get to it before it gets too late and I whimp out all together! Have a great evening girls!

Tenn

bnbsmommy1
04-20-2006, 07:45 PM
http://www.stinkbugdesigns.com/fpdb/images/house1.jpg
http://www.stinkbugdesigns.com/fpdb/images/house2.jpg

found some pics!! It's on 5 acres, is 2 stories, has a basement, a big shop with an office and a shower in it for my grubby husband :carrot:

We're closing next Friday!!!:carrot: :carrot:

I just got back from work and am exhausted I hope everyone has a good evening!!

RobinW
04-20-2006, 08:13 PM
its beautiful Lacey!! I LOVE the tub!! congratulations!!

bnbsmommy1
04-20-2006, 08:15 PM
hope it's ok to post this, I made a printable journal that looks like mine for everyone who is pming me asking :)

http://www.iamthatgirlnow.com/iamthatgirljournal.pdf

Tenn: did you get your walking done??

ilovemike: that is awesome that you're such an inspiration to others!!

hockeyfan: you rock for drinking ALL that water!!

lilybelle
04-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Congrat's on the house Lacey, it's beautiful. I remember buying our home 6 yrs. ago and being very scared. It has all worked out fine. Getting a new home is so exciting, you will have lots of room there to plant flowers and get out in the sunshine.

Tennessee
04-20-2006, 09:29 PM
OMG *gasp* It's BEAUTIFUL!~ What a great house, it looks like something out of a movie :) Now I KNOW you're going to be happy there. WOW.

I got my walk in, and boy do I feel better. I walk at a greenway near my house that's all wooded, almost feels like you're out in wilderness! It rained earlier today and the smell of damp loamy earth and honeysuckle - o my, I wish I could bottle it and share it with you guys. I put a chuck steak on the stove w/some tomatoes and spices and when I got back I had a hot shower and the nicest supper. Ahhhhhhhh, love it when I can let go of the tension of the day :)

lilybelle
04-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Susan, I had a house-guest for 5 months recently. It was my oldest step-daughter and her 18 month old. Thought I would go nuts. My husband wasn't ever going to make her leave, because it's his 23 yr. old daughter and his grand-baby. She would constantly say she didn't need a job, "cause dad works". She was in process of divorcing, but found out in December that she is pregnant. She moved back in with her husband on Dec. 26th. I think there is only about a 20% chance that it could be her hubby's baby, and he is planning on a paternity test. So, to make things worse, I'm expecting him to kick her out again In June, when he finds out baby isn't his. Back to dear old daddy she'll run then I'll have her, a 2 yr. old and a newborn as guests. Such is my life. If this happens, I may just find me and my daughter a new home. I love my husband very much but I am very tired of this daughter and her screwed up life. I am disabled and waiting on a liver transplant and end up being the free babysitter because "you don't work". Sorry for venting my problems, it's hard to have anyone to talk to about this because everyone thinks I'm mean : after all, she's FAMILY. But, she is a free-loader. The police actually came to my home and arrested her for bogus checks, but dad had her bailed out before she ever saw the inside of a jail cell. He is much the enabler and I guess I'm just the Bi@@h.

Ms Spotdog
04-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Lacey, the house is unbelievable! Congrats, sweetie!!! You and your wonderful family deserve it!

Kel

ilovemike4alwayz
04-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Lacey the house looks good.

Ok so when I went to the gym yesterday, I was down 3 lbs from the day before and now my ticker is correct. I also ran/walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and got 2 miles in, now may not seem like much, but when I first started losing weight in the very begining and I was seeing a nutritionist, she told me that I should be able to do 4 miles in one hour, I have never been able to hit that goal until yesterday and I am so thrilled with myself. I also checked my inches and they are coming down rather quickly also and this is all right when TOM is supposed to be here, so I am just tickled to death. Ok well I have to head out to work. Talk to you ladies later. -Sandra

M&Gmom
04-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Sandra - way to go on the exercise. YOU ARE DOING GREAT! :bravo:

Tenn - Glad you chose the walk over not going. Always makes me feel better when I talk myself into something GOOD instead of BAD.

Lily - yuk....that stepdaughter situation doesn't sound fun at all!

AND LACEY - The house looks AWESOME!!! We are all excited for you. Thanks for sharing the pictures. :bravo: AND thanks for sharing the journal too. It looks great.

Not too much new in my world. Its my day off and I've got errands, etc, etc, etc. So I'll be busy. But you all have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tennessee
04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm expecting him to kick her out again In June, when he finds out baby isn't his.
Well then, you have a few months to talk to your husband and prepare. If she comes to you there have to be ground rules, such as, she must get a job and arrange daycare. You are not going to babysit. She has to pay XXX amount for room and board for herself and her children, etc. She may find it more to her liking to get public assistance and a room mate :)

BTW, where is her mother? Did she already get tough?

RobinW
04-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Not alot planned today, might get a bit more gardening done. I picked up some weed killer last night, so Im hoping the lovely healthy dandelions are withered up today!! :lol: The weather has been so nice here, I want to get to the garden centers and get planting...but I just KNOW a frost or 2 will happen.

Well, after working all morning in the garden, I hit the gym with my gf, she got in the zone, and wanted to keep going, after 35 min I was very tired....but she spurred me on!! :lol: I was so glad when we were done!! :lol3:

Thats about it for my little corner of the world...have a great day ladies.

Ciarra
04-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Lace,
The house looks so pretty.
Lillybelle: I'm sorry to hear about your impending problems. Before it gets to June perhaps a marraige counselor /family counselor could help him to see both sides of this story. My in laws deal with this from their daughter. A user just gets old and everyone gets bitter. And it has just gotten worse.
Best wishes to you on this situation.
More rain here which is great. Our lakes need the water as do all the trees. Eas really discouraged with my weight fluctuations but TOM came so going to not worry about it till the end of next week.
DH is managing much better. he was under 20 carbs for the day yesterday. After day 1 and 40 carbs he was down 1.8 pounds, so curious to see what he will see when he gets up today. He is a night OWL so he'll do that later. His blood sugar is still higher than usual though? ANyone have that problem while finding ketosis? And his blood pressure is high, figuring his blood sugar is contributing to it. If you have any advice on when he should expect his blood sugar to go down please let me know.
Thanks

SherryA
04-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi guys. I've been eating too much salt. I wake in the morning and can taste it on my tongue. I need to get rid of the V8 juice I bought. It tastes good, but it is making me retain water.

I've not gotten back on Atkins. I'm mainly eating vegetables and a little meat. I've had a couple of things that I don't want in my body and it is interesting that by paying attention I can tell what those things are. I had some splenda syrup on my strawberries the other night and my body didn't like it. It really tastes unnatural. Then I had a small bowl of ice cream later and that was not good for my body either. I've also had some corn chips lately. Those I am cutting out.

Everything else I've been eating feels good, tastes good and seems to be healthy. It is amazing how since my fast I can tell what doesn't work and what does. My taste buds alone are telling me "no" to certain things. It's kind of neat. I've been gaining back some water weight though because of the salt. So that needs to go too.

bnbsmommy1
04-21-2006, 12:56 PM
I picked up some weed killer last night,

so I was just skimming everyones posts and I totally thought that said "I picked up some killer weed". I had to thoroughly read it to realize what you were saying

AHAHAHAHAHAH:D :D :D :D

RobinW
04-21-2006, 01:17 PM
:lol:

hockeyfan7
04-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Morning everyone!

For the past 2 days, I have had to do nothing but pee! I'm going to the bathroom every 30 minutes. I better see a drop on that scale after all this. My rings are really loose too. I just finished TOM so I must have been holding a lot of water.

My unwanted houseguest is still there. He's leaving for Nebraska on Sunday for 2 weeks (he's a traveling salesman) and I've told John that he's not going to be welcome to come back. Yesterday, the guy got on the computer to play on-line poker at 1:00 in the afternoon. He got off and went to bed at 5:30 this morning!!! He only took a break for 15 minutes long enough to get a plate of food downstairs. He's driving me nuts!

Lillybelle -- sorry you have to go through the same thing. It is harder since she is family, but sometimes you just have to kick them to the curb and let them survive or fail on their own. Family counseling would be a good idea though.

Lacey, the house looks great. I'm so happy for you. Moving is not one of my favorite things to do. Packing is easier than unpacking.

It's still freezing cold in the office, so I'm going to Hallmark for my lunch hour -- I just love buying cards.

nasus40
04-21-2006, 05:54 PM
WOW how beautiful! I will have to post some before and after picts of my house in it renovating state! paint is progressing slowly but the house is huge. (old victorian) so it is taking longer that I thought it would.

Candy In Alabama
04-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Good Morning everyone
Hope everyone's day goes well. It's been storming here for 3 days off and on, so a haven't got much walking done..:( . I love to walk. I guess i need to pull out the exersize tapes..My scales said i lost 2 lbs, then yesterday it said i didn't. My scales are soooo old. I going to buy some new one's today. DH is going to town today to buy new tools, so i thought if he can get tools, i can get scales :D "The tools are to fix my 4 runner though"... He love's tools. Every time he goes to town he has to stop at the "Parts Store"... Like a kid in a candy store....Anyhow....Rambling....This morning i figured out why my scales said i gained.... TOM...It snuck up on me. I will be crampy for a while :( I always have a rough time through it. But, i'm still going to buy new scales i been wanting new ones...:goodscale...:D .Everyone keep up the good work.....:bravo:....:cp:....
Candy

RobinW
04-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Good Morning

Candy~ Hi there, and welcome :)

Well, Im down 6lbs this week, and Im taking the weekend off exercise. However, Im switching to eggs, veggies, and chicken or fish only for this next week. Im still really bloated, and need a week of extreme lowcarb to get rid of it. Even with the 6lbs gone, I still feel "fuzzy" headed, and tom is coming, in 2 weeks, so the big bloat is coming very soon.

Not alot planned for the weekend, I think I'll be sitting at my new drawing table alot, and drawing some cool dragons. Dh has been working on learning some new computer programs, and everything is pretty much all caught up here...so it should be a nice relaxing weekend.

Have a great saturday ladies

Tennessee
04-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi Candy, welcome, it's nice to see you. I totally think you should have a new scale, a good digital one :). I'm just like your husband, but at Home Depot, not with auto parts. I always see some new tool, gadget, project that I need LOL

Im down 6lbs this week
Robin, WTG girl ^5 ! Sounds like you and hubby dearest have a great weekend planned - I love those slow, lazy, peaceful times. Do you think you could get him to take a break and take a nice walk with you later?

Sue, your house sounds wonderful. I'm a big DIYer, love to work with my hands and the satisfaction of seeing results, even though I know there's always "job growth" and everything seems to take so much longer than anticipated. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures later.

Thank God and Hallelujah! I don't know if I spelled that right, but I'm doing a HAPPY DANCE this morning. Looks like whatever has been going on with my body is over, and I'm down to 230 this morning. 6 pounds, what a woosh. WOOO HOOO, I'm so relieved, I thought it would never go, and I can't wait to be in the 220's next week. OMG, I may make Onderland by July afterall!!! :carrot:

Something even better happened today that I just have to tell you all about. The weather warmed up here and I needed some shorts to walk in because I'm burning up in long pants. I pulled out my favorite jean shorts from last Summer and put them on, and they FELL OFF! I was so shocked, I just couldn't believe it (that's what gave me the nerve to step on the scale I've been avoiding for a week). I know I've lost a lot of pounds, dropped from a size 24 to an 18, but since I'm still fat it's hard for me to realize\understand how much smaller I am now. My friend Chris has a digital camera and I'm going to get her to take a picture of me in them to show you guys, it totally blew my mind. I look like a slim-fast ad LOL

It was really getting to me, and can't tell you all what a relief it is to be back to my old positive, optomistic self. Thank you so much for all of your support and will power dust through these last few weeks. I was really on the verge of a "screw it, I'm gonna eat what I want" attitude shift, even though I know what the consequences of that are.

I'm off to change my ticker and then to KMart to see if I can find some cheap shorts that fit me - wooo hoo. :)

Tenn

RobinW
04-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Oh Tenn!! Thats just great!!!! I would have loved to have seen your face when those shorts fell off :lol: You've done great!! :cb: :cb: I suspect you're going to have an awesome day! :)

Hubby actually suggested a walk at the mall....so we will see. Its hard to get him outside to walk :dunno:

lilybelle
04-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice with my family situation. I think that if my step-daughter does return with her 2 children, that I will make her pay rent and pay a daycare. It's true that maybe then she will want to get assistance and find her own place. I have a 5 bedroom home, so I know she thinks that it's easy to move in with us, because there is plenty of room. But, NO house is really ever big enough for 2 families. BTW her mother moved to Las Vegas this past November to live with her boyfriend. Her sisters ages 13 and 16 were left to live with their other sister who is only 20 yrs. old. The 20 yr. old is working full-time and going to RN school. She is getting married in July. So, not sure what's going to happen with the younger girls then.. They don't want to live with us, which I wouldn't mind the 13 yr. old, she's really a sweet girl. The 16 yr. old is totally out of control and would make my life a living nightmare. Also the mom's boyfriend has never had kids and doesn't want any of them in Vegas with them. Sometimes, I feel my husband just needs to get a place of his own and finish raising all his kids." Step up to the plate, kind of thing". I do love him dearly but with my health problems, I can't take on this whole other screwed up family. Enough about my problems, hope everyone is doing great with their weight loss journey. I took a relaxing day yesterday with my sister and my friend and went fishing. We had a lot of fun.

ilovemike4alwayz
04-22-2006, 02:43 PM
OMG girls I am down 2 more lbs since yesterday and I am running my booty off. I went to the gym this morning and I ran my little heart out. I am even thinking about going back again tonight and running some more. Going again tomorrow morning. I changed my ticker to my actual begining weight instead of the weight I was when I began atkins. I am counting girls. I am so tickled. I hope that everyone else gets on a losing spree too. I have to actually thank whoever, sorry I cant go back and look who it was that said that the reason that we dont lose as good when we go our second time around cause we get lax in what we are eating. So I took a look at my self and did some evaluations and cut a lot out and I have begun losing again. So thank you ladies you are all such a inspiration to me. -Sandra

nasus40
04-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Hanging in there I will be making some big moves here soon.

After putng in 78 hours last week with 38 OT I was told we are salery and should not be having OT. and we should take time off instead. so guess what I will be takmy time off and getting my days off through most of the week. this will be fun!!! let them see how to run the place with all the nurse managers taking much of the days off due to working the floor too much. I figure that I only need to work 2 days next week with my OT this week and my extra time from last week. then I think I will take one of my remaining vacation times off the week after.

Candy In Alabama
04-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Lacy, i love the new house. I bet you can't wait to decorate!!

Robin, and tennessee CONGRAT'S on the 6 lbs loss....:bravo:...

Lilybelle, Sorry for the family trouble's. I hope everything works the way you want it. I also love fishing... hadn't been in years.

Sandra, Thats wonderful, glad to hear you are on the losing track...:D

Sue, You have been working hard. Have fun on your days off & congrat's on the 4 lbs loss.
Sounds like everyone is doing great with their weight loss...:bravo:...:cp:

I will weigh tomorrow to see if i get to change my ticker...Maybe a little... When TOM is over i hope to see more come off...
I had a frighting day today. This morning i got a call from my oldest son..(18)
My youngest son..(15) had a seizure. The first one ever. They were spending the weekend with their dad. Scared me to death. I told him to bring him home, so i could get him to the ER i didn't want to take any chance's. Their dad and stepmom's LIKE it's fine... it's normal for a 15 year old to have seizures. OH i was so upset!!!:mad:.. So i called the ER they said to bring him in...Get them to bring him home or for me to go get him.... Longer story short
he's OK... they ran a lot of tests and done a cat scan. The tests came back good. I was so relieved... They want him to see his doctor and have one more test to check his brain waves. So far he's doing good. Sorry for the long post. Everything was going through my mind even a mild stroke or something. I'm just so relieved...
Everyone have a Great weekend...
Candy

RobinW
04-22-2006, 06:52 PM
That would be very scary Candy, Im glad he is doing good!

Falon
04-22-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm so behind on personals.. It was such a busy week, but I wanted to say WELCOME to you new ladies I have yet to greet.

Has anyone seen Brenda? Haven't heard a peep from her, unless I missed something.

Sue - Enjoy your time off! Sounds like it's well deserved! I'm off to bed.. and i'll see you all in the morning. Gotta get back into my posting. I have been having withdrawls. :)

Love to you all...

Leenie
04-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Hi Goils,

Well, as much as I've been fighting it.... I'm going to do low carb again. My doc really recommends it (not no carb but low carb) so here I am. Doc says to eat meats first, then veggies, then if I have to carbs. OY !!!

Sooooooooooooooooooo here I is ;)

nasus40
04-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey welcome back to the folds of low carb Leenie this is the only way I feel healthy.

I hope I can fight off the carb monster as it has been creeping up on me over the last few weeks. I am fighting to keep him at bay. jelly bean here and few more there then a handful in my pocket. well I will resolve to keep him gone as I start this week. with a new outlook and new resolve.

Tennessee
04-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Well, as much as I've been fighting it.... I'm going to do low carb again.
It's not so bad Leenie, really, I swear :)

There are things that I miss from the carb world, but once I discovered the following recipe sites, and started making some new things so I wasn't bored with what I eat, it's been much easier.
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/lowcarb-recipes.html
http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/recipes.html

Also, try www.netrition.com for great prices and availability on LC ingredients, their service is excellent.

Welcome back, it's gonna be great once you're in the swing of things, and you can so do this!!!

Tenn

PS nothing tastes so good that it's worth trading a healthy body for!

RobinW
04-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Good Morning

Welcome back Leenie :D everytime I stray from lowcarb to something else, I always end up coming back to it :lol:

Tenn~ thanks for those recipe sites, I didnt have those ones in my collection.

Sandra~ WTG on the extra 2lbs gone!! :cb:

Im going to try to stay off the scale until next friday. Im getting very anxious about it. I want it gone!! (the fat that is)

Not much planned for today...we all slept in this morning, so its a late start for us.

Have a great sunday ladies!

lilybelle
04-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Hope everyone is having a good day. I have hernia surgery on Wednesday to look forward to. YUCK. Thought I'd just maybe go down to the lake where my sister and friends are camping and do some fishing to take my mind off the surgery. Good luck everyone and thanks for letting me vent about my family situation, I am just trying to stay on program and get out of the house as much as possible.

Ciarra
04-23-2006, 01:27 PM
I'll be thinking about you lillybelle. enjoy your time fishing.
Robin: Looking forward to good scale news on Friday. I know you will see a loss.
Sue, try to banish those jelly beans quickly.
Leenie: Welocme to the group!
Falon, I hear you about busy. Things ahve been really busy for me lately too.

Well my mom took me shopping yesterday for my birthday. Size 10 black slacks and and extra large turquise shirt. Really wish I could get that extra large down to a more reasonanble size. Hopefully in time. I did remeasure my waist though and at it's smallest point I'm just slightly under 32 inches. I was hanging out at 33 inches for the longest there, so really happy to see those inches moving again.
My wonderfull husband is still hanging out on Atkins and finally feeling better. He's pretty deeply into ketosis and his blood sugar is finally coming down better. His blood pressure is doing a little better too. We will see what the scale says soon. Currently my night owl is sleeping. He is really getting challenging to cook for. I know he will quickly move into OWL and into more choices. Hoping he can get his weight down some before visiting his dr. in June.
Ya'll have a great day! Gotta motivate to get moving and get stuff done today.

lady_adnerb
04-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Just have time for a quick pop in. Read about all the awesome progress you all are making and wish I could say the same. My eating has been HORRIBLE. Well, not TOTALLY but enough junk thrown in to make me feel like a total oinker again. Hard to bring along healthy snacks while fishing. I do well for breakfast and supper it's the noon-time meal that stinks. And no water to speak of (except a glass before bed). As much as I love spending this time with DH it's just TOTALLY messing me up. I can't drink water while fishing because I don't have the "equipment" to pee off the side of a boat (if you know what I mean?) and holding it sometimes is impossible (as most of you know that drink tons of water and have small bladders). He's off for most of this next week as well. So once again I'll be MIA while he's home but I'll be back full strength when he's back at work. Right now just trying to keep my head and not gorge myself overly on all the Easter candy in the house. ARGH!!! Should I mention I've not stepped on the scale? Reality's going to bite me in the butt.

Leenie
04-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome back.... as some of you know I asked 3FC's to start an Atkins board back in 2004 when I lost 30 lbs following the plan. Well I had gained back the 30 plus 12 on top. GROWL!! I've since lost 38 of those but not on low carbing. I know I'll lose better staying away from all the junk but its so hard. Atkins is to strict so I'll be following just a lower in carb way of life. Like staying away from pasta, breads, rice which really is a no brainer for me but the really hard thing is the sweets and chips, even if they are baked.

Sooooooo here we go again LOL !!!!

Hey Brenda, betcha didn't expect to see me again ;)

RobinW
04-23-2006, 07:27 PM
ooooo baked lays :devil: They need to come up with a no potato potatochip :lol:

Candy In Alabama
04-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Hello everyone,
Welcome back leenie... You don't know me, but you were one of the ones here, that kept me motivated a couple years back in lurksville of course. Hate to hear some weight came back, but glad to have you here...:hug: ........

Well my weekend has been very Bad & Good.:( ... Yesterday when we got back from the Er and everything was going good with my son, my daughter was in a play at her school, all was going well until my oldest son called us....
The Er called and said to call them. We rushed home to call and they said the x-ray tect. took another look at the cat scan. They found something on the cat scan we needed to get back down there. The Er doctor said that he had a tumer and they was going to send him to Huntsville where they have better equipment and more advanced. The doctor in Huntsville did another cat scan...The good news is it's not a tumer..But still not good, he said he has a Atrioventricular Malformation. His blood vessels and blood vein's has infused together into a large mass. Tuesday we take him to a neurosurgery center. They said most likely surgery...we are so scared...:( ... But i won't know more till then. I guess the seizure was actually a blessing...I'd love to thank that x-ray tect. for ..."out of the blue"...taking another look.. Well i hope everyone's weekends been good... I will try to get on when i can... I hope real soon..... Candy

Tennessee
04-23-2006, 08:17 PM
as some of you know I asked 3FC's to start an Atkins board back in 2004
I didn't know that, THANKS!!!!

M&Gmom
04-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Just stopping in to say hi...can't even begin to get caught up on personals. Mabye I'll keep up next week.

lilybelle
04-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Candy, I'm very sorry to hear the news about your son. I'll be praying for him and your family. Hope everything turns out well.

RobinW
04-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Oh Candy....lots of thoughts and prayers for your son.

Tennessee
04-23-2006, 11:51 PM
O Candy, that's so scary! I'll be saying a prayer for you and your son on Tuesday. There have been so many medical advancements in the last few years, I'm sure they'll be able to help him. Thank God you took him to the ER when you did!!!

Ms Spotdog
04-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Prayers and healing vibes going out to your son, Candy. Such a scary thing to face - I'm holding you all close to my heart.

Leens - Well, I'm glad to see you BACK where you belong! lol!

Happy Sunday evening to all!

Kel