Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2006, 12:24 AM   #1  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Default I am failing, and feeling like loser

Well, I wish it was positive post, unfortunetaly it is not. I've gained over 10 pounds, and feeling miserable. I am not really sure what is wrong with me, but I am into binging. My exercise is out of routine. I worry about it constantly, but haven't done much to stop this non sense. I am so stressed out over everything, and it seems eating is the only option. And it doesn't feel so great either. Its probably sounds stupid. I am going to graduate this June, and I have so much going on right now. I feel so depressed and unhappy. It seems like all I've been doing is stuff my face with whatever. I feel so jealous of you guys. You all seem so on top of everything, and I feel like I am on the bottom of the barrel.
What should I do? I know I need to get back on the wagon before I ruin everything I've done. But how do I stop. I feel so sick about all this crap, and some nights I just could not sleep. I constantly worry about gaining more weights, but I haven't anything to stop it either.
HELP! I feel like I am suffocating myself!!!
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:35 AM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

Well according to your ticker you have lost 45 pounds. That is NOT something to sneeze at. You have done well! First thing you need to do is relax. Then you need to ask yourself if there is something you are afraid of. Are you afraid of being thin for any reason? It isn't a silly question. Some of us have a deep seated fear of what is expected of us as we lose the weight. Or maybe we are afraid of the sorts of attention we receive when we are thinner.

You need to examine your own thoughts, your own heart and see if this applies to you.

The other thing I would ask is WHAT exactly are you eating? For a lot of us carbohydrate foods are much more addicting than other types of foods. Maybe if junk that is full of sugars and starches is what you are being drawn to eat, you can simply cut them out and eat more protein foods and maybe even a few more fats and leave the starches and sweets alone for awhile.

The problem with those types of foods is that they cause a roller coaster effect. You get hungry you eat, your blood sugar goes high and you feel good, then your blood sugar plummets and you are hungry again so you eat and the cycle starts over again. Eating higher protein foods prevents a lot of that because it takes longe to digest, enters the blood stream more slowly and doesn't crash your blood sugar.

If you can't stop eating try changing what you are eating until the pressures are off.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/105

Wink I understand...

Let me tell you I've been there and done that. First of all the important thing is that you've realized your gaining weight and acknowledged the fact. I need to tell you from personal experience of losing and gaining stop now before it goes so far to where you gain all the weight back again. Look at how far you've come... Don't you want to feel back in control again instead of depressed? No matter how hard it is tomorrow get up and get back control eat good and workout because what is the alternative...gaining more weight and feeling worse. I am pulling for you, you will get back on !! Let me know how it turns out. Trust me in a few days if you start eating good and working out you will feel a thousand times better. Keep you head up all is not lost.
Jill
jillpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:23 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

We all feel like a failure when we are gaining. There is a lot of good support right here. Start afresh tomorrow and try to drink the water, and get some exercise. This will make you feel better, just knowing that you are making a positive step in the right direction. You have lost 45 lbs. so you know you can do it. Examine your mind and heart to find out what is going on. For me, I have realized that I was kind of afraid to be thin, for fear that I would regain and people would just say, "I knew she'd never keep it off". I heard this a lot from family because I had tried so many times before. This time, they are wrong.Good luck and we are here when you need us.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote