Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-15-2006, 01:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Fat -> Easter Clothes -> Depressed

I am sooo not happy. I have lost a total of 15 1/2 lbs... but, everything I own STILL looks disgusting on me. Pants are okay, but any type that is the slightest bit form fitting looks just.. gross. I have this 'gross c-section gall bladder removal 2nd stomach' bulge thing going on... and it makes everything look just AWFUL on me. I feel sooo huge and gross. I haven't found one thing in my closet that I can wear tomorrow and I have sooo much to do today, but I guess I will need to make time to go to the store, to try on more stuff that doesn't fit. On top of that, I have to see my freakin' annoying as all hecko MIL tomorrow... oh joy, oh joy. I wish Easter was what it used to be.. instead, I'll have to worry about eating and feeding my daughter before we go (since neither of us could ever humanly stomach MIL's food), naps, fat clothes, etc. Blah. How on earth do you get rid of this 'after birth' stomach bulge? Aren't enormous hips enough of a burden?
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:05 PM   #2  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

UGH I know just how you feel! I hate days like that... and dress-up clothes are the worst to fit into... I HATE those days. I just want to hide and let it pass. But just remember its only one day, and then it will be over, and just think about how next Easter, youre going to blow them all away! Well youll do that even before then, but anyway, this will be the last Easter where you feel like this. It will be the last 4th of July, the last birthday... and soon enough, youll look forward to these days (well, sans the MIL) where you can get all gussied up and look fabulous.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

How about body shapers under those clothes to smooth out any bulges/lines. I have a waist shapper that flattens the tummy, gives me a definate waist and trims a little out too. might be something to try. I use them all the time with dress clothes.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Hmm... does anyone have any recommendations for one? I am young, so.. I don't want anything too.. 'old lady'ish'
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am SO fortunate to live in "casual" Seattle LOL! We don't have to do "fancy" here unless we just want to!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:51 PM   #6  
210 / 193 / 140

Do you sew, or do you have a friend who sews? It would be worth the time and money to have someone custom-make one nice, flattering outfit that really fits you. Even though you're planning on losing weight, it's still important to have something you can wear right now. If you don't know someone who sews, your local fabric stores could probably give you a list of seamstresses.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

honey...i agree on the shape slimmer. i used to wear one ALL the time. but i don't wear it that much anymore unless i am wearing a dress that shows a little of the bumps and ridges. hehehe. but i have one that has boning all the way up to the boobs... and it hooks in the front. it's great!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:06 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Great idea about finding a nice seamstress, Margarita!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote