Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #1  

Default How much calories do you burn by fitnessing

From this week I exercise every day and I am burning every day 800 calories is that enough
I have lost 40 pounds in almost 4 months I want to lose 40 pounds in 3 months. Should I exercise more? Like 1000-1200 calories a day.
Samgerifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:29 AM   #2  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

The 800 calories you mention.. Is that in your workouts alone or also including all your daily activities?
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:29 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde
The 800 calories you mention.. Is that in your workouts alone or also including all your daily activities?
workout alone
Samgerifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #4  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Wow.. 800!

According to my mill I burn a bit over 500 calories in my approx 3 mile walk each day. I know it is only a ball park figure because the mill can't possibly account for all factors.. such as if I am carrying weights in my arms.. etc. I don't really know what this means for me .. as I don't know a lot about calories, but I am looking forward to following this thread as I am curious to know what our experts think. Sorry, Samgerifan for not being more helpful.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:38 AM   #5  

I would advise you to look at your weight loss. Roughly 10 lb/month is actually really good, more than that is medically ill-advised. Any more exercise/calorie restriction would, in my opinion, set you up for overuse injury/boredom/increased risk of failing on a program that's not realistic. Keep doing what you're doing and congratulations on all the hard work. : )
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote