LA Weight Loss - The Challenge

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : The Challenge

CandlePrincess
04-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Ok...how about we start another group on the challenge? How about Monday 4/17? Let's make this weight disappear!

Repo girl
04-14-2006, 01:32 PM
It is a great challenge. I really like it. I will be doing my 2nd TO on Wednesday and Thursday.

Here is the jist of it:
-2 days TO
-12 days replacing 1 starch and protein with a slimdown shake from the COD or a Slim Fast Optima High Protein
-2 Normal OP days without shakes

Repeat this process in full 3 times. It totals nearly 7 weeks, actually. Be sure to get all of your water in and go easy on the condiments.

rad7775
04-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Heather and Katie:
I'm in! Count on me! The 17 is next Monday right? I'm doing TO today and tomorrow. How I start.

rad7775
04-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Katie:
Can I mix the days or I have to do it that way, for example I finished my TO and today I do OP day (for one day) and the next day I do a day with the shakes, or I have to follow it "by the book" no mix at all?

Repo girl
04-14-2006, 01:50 PM
I have no idea. I wouldn't though. It looks to me like it is structured that way for a metebolic reason.

rad7775
04-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Katie:
You know what let's keep it that way then b/c if I am gonna do it I want to see results. I am gonna start on Sunday! I still feel scared, but is all about attitude and I have to give it a try. Thanks Katie!:hug:

Repo girl
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM
You bet!!!

brittyboo07
04-14-2006, 02:44 PM
I am IN!!!!!

Question since i just did TO do you think it will be ok to start monday with the shakes?

Repo girl
04-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I would.

hkychik
04-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I am in. I'm afraid of TO - never did it, except to start) TOM is due in a couple weeks, so I'm sure THAT won't help my attitude http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/broomstick.gif

stiesta
04-14-2006, 03:14 PM
I am a chicken, but will do it after I see all of your results..is that too wimpy for you? I don't want to torture myself by giving up one of my two precious starches and proteins unless there's going to be some serious payout in loss. Let me know once anybody weighs in after a while on this...I may join you late!

ksdiogi
04-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Okay, I don't want to do the challenge but I am up for being POP for 6 weeks and comparing results. I have had a bad few days and been PAOP (perfectly AWFUL). I'm game. In fact, I'm starting TO tomorrow through Sunday and will not eat ANY candy.

CandlePrincess
04-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Stiesta,
Join us and if you don't do well it doesn't work for you then drop the challenge. Don't wimp out on us....you can do this!! (I'm not pressuring you, just want to encourage!)

brittyboo07
04-14-2006, 11:24 PM
For those of you who are wanting to take part in the challenge and are wondering what the price difference is between the LA slimdowns vs the Slimfast optimas I did some price checking today. The LA Slimdowns at my center are 12.00 and I think that is for 4 of the slimdowns correct me if im wrong on that one. The Slimfast Optima are 5.22 at my Walmart and that is for 6 and they have like 5 or so flavors. Thought that might help someone out!

rad7775
04-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Britt:
Thanks a lot for the info, I was thinking about that today. I went to pick up some weights b/c I want to see real results in this so I bought 2 weights of 5 lbs each, and tomorrow I am gonna start the BL dvd 6 weeks program, I hope that I lose something on this, I still feel :chicken: about it but I am not gonna let my mind distract me for what I want! Tomorrow I'm gonna buy the shakes, So I can start on Sunday.

emmysmom
04-15-2006, 08:08 AM
I think that the shakes we should use are the Slim Fast Optima High Protein shakes...does anyone know for sure? They come in a 4-pack and are $4 something at Walmart. I bought the Optima 6-pack and when I got home I realized that they have 10g of protein and I remembered reading that the Slim Fast that someone (Deets?) found comparable were 15g of protein. So I took mine back and bought the High protein.

emmysmom
04-15-2006, 08:21 AM
I just found the thread that asked about the shake replacement....it's on page 6 of the LAWL threads...called "Replacement for the Shakes". It is the high protein that you should get and it comes in a 4-pack. Just want to make sure we aren't skimping on our protein!

rad7775
04-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Tina:
So is the Slim fast Optima High protein Shakes the ones with 15g of protein, and comes in 4 packs. Right? (Sorry to bother you :sorry:)

emmysmom
04-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Yes, but the box is a little confusing because I think it is considered Optima High Protein, but it's just called High Protein...no Optima...and comes in a 4-pack.

rad7775
04-15-2006, 08:35 AM
:thanks: :hug:

hollybeary
04-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Question. Is this something that LAWL does, or is it something that you all are doing? No one at my center has said anything. I've been doing pretty well just by staying OP, and I don't want to jeopardize my weight loss. Any input?

This forum is my McDonald's --- I'M LOVIN' IT! :D

Boo'sMom
04-15-2006, 10:10 AM
My center is doing it but it is $$$$. It seems when she told me about it you got your TO juice, slimdowns and and supplements for $280-$290--CRAZY when you can use knudsens and slimfast. Hope everyone does well.

dolphn545
04-15-2006, 10:33 AM
my center recommends the TO every 2 weeks -- flush out the system.

Repo girl
04-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks Tina, I have been confused on that!

CandlePrincess
04-15-2006, 01:04 PM
my center thought it was a good challenge and they totally supported the way it was being done. Pixie girl #1 said it sounded like something LAWL was doing across the country.

brittyboo07
04-15-2006, 01:42 PM
They haven't said anything about it at my center either but then again that doesnt mean anything lol. Thanks for the info Tina I am gonna go ahead and keep these they are already in my fridge and i will just add a litte protein during the day but will get the correct shakes when i go back to get more lol. I also have some of the slimdowns to use also. Holly if you are doing fine and are happy with your progress then by all means keep doing what your doing. I think some of us are just trying to get a little extra push before summer gets here. Some of us are also getting back OP after taking a little "vacation" from the program and its just a good jumpstart. Any suggestions on what i should use as extra protein when I have the optima shakes that are not high protein?

Boo'sMom
04-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Britt--how much more protein do you think you need? egg, peanut butter (my personal favorite but I have been restricted:( )--I guess just depends on what you need. I really was no help--haha.:dizzy:

brittyboo07
04-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Well if the optima shake has 10 g and i should be getting 20 g then i guess i need to find something that has 10 g also??? what do you think? And then what in the world has 10g lol Opps i gotta go change my challenge ticker i put in my starting weight from my WI yesterday insead of my WI tuesday no wonder it says no weight loss haha.

Boo'sMom
04-15-2006, 02:53 PM
No clue right off the top of my head. I just realized I never pay attention to the numbers--just the portion allowed. HUH. Better get that ticker right!

brittyboo07
04-15-2006, 03:57 PM
LOL oh dont worry i fixed that ticker quickly! BTW my scale says down another lb this morning so hopefully i can keep up a good weekend of being OP and/or POP!!!

juliemarie
04-15-2006, 06:48 PM
You know-I think I'll try this with you guys. I really need a boost! I've never been good with meal replacements, but I'll give it a shot.

rad7775
04-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Come on Juliemarie, jump in the wagon!
Well girls I bought the shakes, I'm ready to start tomorrow!

brittyboo07
04-15-2006, 10:17 PM
woohooo we are getting a nice little group here. GL to those starting tomorrow!!!

1luckychick
04-15-2006, 11:10 PM
Okay ladies it sounds good, but I'll have to start on Monday. I just read the thread and I don't have any of the shakes. So, the Slim Fast Optima shakes are close to the LAWL shakes. Are there any bars that are similar also? Can anyone explain TO? I was not allowed to do it, because I am taking diabetic medicine. THanks for the boost!

Nikki

lak_55119
04-16-2006, 01:55 AM
My center told me not to do TO too often because then it isn't as effective. I will work on staying to and will replace a meal with a shake every other day and see what happens. We can compare even though each of us is different.

Boo'sMom
04-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Laurie--I pretty much doing the shakes only too. I am going to try to replce 1 meal a day for a week and see if it helps. I have been at this WALL for a number of weeks now so I need to do something! We have very similar tickers so I will come to you for motivation! I wish everyone the best of luck! May we all be losers with whatever we are doing.

lak_55119
04-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Boo's mom
Ok we will support each other and see if we can get the scale to move. Hmm maybe there just rusted in place Too much steam in the bathroom? :joker:
This is for everyone in the challenge.
:carrot: :cb: :cheer: :dust: We will be sucessful

Dairy Fairy
04-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Count me in...I want to be in my 150s next month!

rad7775
04-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Well, first day of the challenge for me, I already drink my shake, chocolate of course :lol:,Let's see what happen...

Boo:
Glad that you decided to give it a try! :high:

brittyboo07
04-16-2006, 02:28 PM
So day 2 of the shakes and things are going great. I actually like the LA slimdowns i hope that i like the slim fast drinks also if not i might have to just go ahead and buy the LA slimdowns. I am having my lunch now a nice Grilled chicken Greek Salad yummmyyyy. I think i could live off these salads haha. GL to all of you doing the challenge!

Dairy Fairy
04-16-2006, 02:41 PM
I may skip to TO portion of this challenge...I just dunno if I'm up for that. We'll see how I feel at the grocery store.

brittyboo07
04-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Most of the time i really dont like TO however this time it wasnt bad at all. Weird huh that it can vary so much. I havent done really well on any of my TO in the past several months and this time i lost 2lbs and hey anything helps but was it worth it? We will see. I think we are each different and TO does affect us each differently and I agree with you sometimes you just dont feel like it.

stiesta
04-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Okay, girls, I am in. I totally pigged out this weekend (as you have read in Friends and Losers) and am jumping on this wagon. Going tomorrow to get my shakes...I think it's too soon for me to do TO again, so I'm just gonna start in the rotation of the shakes. Do ya'll do them in the morning or what? Let me know what works best...bottoms up!

Christie

sznn
04-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Christie - oh dear, now you're tempting me. You were the last holdout...now I might have to jump on the bandwagon.
I have been doing OK so far (well except for Fridays wine and horsderve fest).
Dam scale has been creeping up daily for no good reason:(

I am going to hold out a week and after seeing the wild success you all will have I may just jump on the old bandwagon afterall.

Hoppy Easter All,
-S

stiesta
04-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Yeah, Sznn, I had great hopes to be strong this weekend...I not only wasn't strong, but I went WAY off plan. I am even sick to my stomach right now from all the crap I've eaten. I pretty much am in a place where I need to get as much off as quick as I can and I figure this will probably do that. Sorry to abandon...I am not staying away from the scale, however, so I'll keep you posted as to the loss progress! :D

LadyIzzy
04-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Hello Chickies, hope you had a great day. Mine was okay, just ate the works so count me in. Will start tomorrow the 17th. I have made up my meal plan for a couple of weeks to lay on the kitchen counter so that there are no excuses from me, myself, and I. Will return the SlimFast Optima to Walmart and look for the High Protein ones. I have enough SlimDown to hold me for a few days. Hope that I can hang in through the three weeks.

c u later

stacyj
04-16-2006, 09:03 PM
OK I am new to the board and I am confused about the CHALLENGE. I am starting TO tomorrow the 17th
I have read all of the threads but still confused
Do we just stay on this thread and keep each other motivated??
I am up for anything.....just got 6 more weeks at the Center and don't want to buy anymore weeks!!! I need to lose 15 pounds! (Can I do that in 6 weeks??? I can give it a try anyway!)
Help me understand

Your new friend
StacyJ

LadyIzzy
04-16-2006, 09:09 PM
I just noticed that I've already cut it down to three weeks. I will hang for the full six(6) weeks. Yay

merem
04-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Count me in too! I couldn't find the Slim-Fast High Protein. I could only find the Slim Fast Optima so I got a four-pack for now. I'll check Wal-Mart later this week. I cannot find the Knudsen's morning blend so I'm using oranges for this TO. Do you all use the food selections in the menu plan book for your P and V?

Mom_of_3_Monsters
04-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Count me in too -- I need SOMETHING to give me a good kick in the pants ! :tantrum:

Good Luck to all you chicks in on the challenge ! :goodluck:

brittyboo07
04-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Wow we have a large group now yay its always more fun with several people!!! Stacy the reason someone made this thread for the challenge was so that we could quickly go to this thread and get info or updates on others so yes keep coming to this thread for challenge related stuff but go to the other LAWL threads also!

Im interested to see what the scales say in the morning however I did not get all my food in today. Could be because I was held up in my room all day working on school work lol. I did get all my water in however!!

GL to those starting tomorrow!!!

angelica1674
04-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Good Day ladies!!! I have missed you all!!! I will be starting my challenege over, I really screwed up this past week on vacation!!!! Soooo I am not getting on the scale for a week I am afraid to see what it says!!!:( I am starting with the TO today and Tommorow with oranges!! How hasd the challenge been working for you katie?

stacyj
04-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Ok Count me in...
I am sitting here sipping my TO drink as we speak.
I walked three miles last night, but didn't do so great at Easter dinner, had good intentions BUT had to eat some cheesy potatoes. No dessert though!
I HATE TO This is the second time I have done it and the food is so limiting. Plus I am off from school today for Easter vacation. If I am working I am busy and don't think about it.
Good Luck everyone!

****I am still trying to figure out how to put a picture on and put one of those cute little bar graph weight loss things on the bottom.

STACY :)

emmysmom
04-17-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure if anyone noticed or not, but Katie and I figured that the 6-week challenge is actually 7 weeks...2 TO, 12 w/SlimDowns, 2 OP and repeat 2 more times...
Is everyone going to do this for 7 weeks? I was thinking that the other option would be to do 10 days w/SlimDowns instead of 12? What do you all think?

Boo'sMom
04-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Tina--I am pretty sure the "8 week challenge" presented to me at the COD was 10 days of shakes--Just FYI. It makes more sense.

Boo'sMom
04-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Stacy--go to UserCP at the top (first one in purple strip) and you can add a photo as your avatar and there are also instructions for your ticker under edit signature (both under UserCP) hope this helps--the tickers are so cool--except when they aren't moving!! LOL.

Dairy Fairy
04-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Yeah, at the grocery store yesterday I wasn't happy with the of paying over $1 a day on shakes so I could starve myself (that's how I feel when I do the shakes because I get tired of liquid nutrition really quickly...my jaws have been wired before and I fully appreciate chewing). I decided I will stay on regular plan for a little longer with my new modification (turning one lite into a 1/2p, s and letting the other one be optional for days where I am famished. It seemed to have started shaking stuff up. I went for a trip to see some family this weekend and was actually better able to on the road than when we got there. It was ridiculous on how many carbs and fried stuff they ate at every meal, and DH's fissure reopened from the less healthy food from what he is used to. I swelled up so badly I had to take my wedding rings off. Mind you, I purchased my rings at 210 lbs and now am around 170.

love2eat
04-17-2006, 10:02 AM
I did the whole program, lost 20 lbs in 8.5 weeks, got 2 weeks into maintenance, and stopped weighing in. That was about 3 months ago. Since then I have put 12 lbs back on!!! I started TO today and would like to do this challenge with you guys. My center won't let me start back even though I still have paid weeks there so I am trying to do this on my own. I could really use the motivation. So it's 2 days TO, 12 days of my regular plan with 1 shake replacing 1 starch and 1 protein, and then 2 days of what?

stacyj
04-17-2006, 10:11 AM
I think I have my weight bar graph on here...we'll find out!

STACY

stiesta
04-17-2006, 10:17 AM
I did the whole program, lost 20 lbs in 8.5 weeks, got 2 weeks into maintenance, and stopped weighing in. That was about 3 months ago. Since then I have put 12 lbs back on!!! I started TO today and would like to do this challenge with you guys. My center won't let me start back even though I still have paid weeks there so I am trying to do this on my own. I could really use the motivation. So it's 2 days TO, 12 days of my regular plan with 1 shake replacing 1 starch and 1 protein, and then 2 days of what?

It's topped off at the end with 2 days of regular OP eating. Welcome back! 20 lbs in 8.5 weeks is impressive...just what I'm looking for myself! :)

juliemarie
04-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Okay ladies- I'm starting my 1st day of TO today. Didn't do great yesterday. All the food I had was OP with the exception of the asparagus tart. But I did drink too much wine. But I either gave everything away or threw it out if I couldn't eat it. Like the ham, rolls (didn't eat), chips and salsa (tossed the chips). However I have some beer in my fridge that I need to get rid of. Party at my house!

emmysmom
04-17-2006, 10:49 AM
So are we all going to do 10 days of the shakes instead of 12?

juliemarie
04-17-2006, 10:52 AM
It probably should be 10-that makes it a 6 week challenge . . .

angelica1674
04-17-2006, 11:00 AM
I will do the 10 days of shakes. I didnt realize it added up to 7 weeks till someone said something

emmysmom
04-17-2006, 11:01 AM
OK...10 it is...Good luck everyone!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
04-17-2006, 11:02 AM
The only reason I can think of not to do the 10 is that it would put the TO portion 2 days closer together -- which would put us doing TO less than 2 weeks apart ?? Its only 2 days closer -- think there will be any "issues" with that ?

I am game for either way --

juliemarie
04-17-2006, 11:07 AM
I think it's fine-1 TO for every 2 weeks of the challenge . . .I think it all works out . . . . .

stacyj
04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
ok--Lost about the shakes.....
Explain Please.

Do I drink the shake vesion of the LA Lights instead of the bars??

emmysmom
04-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Stacey,
With the challenge, you still get your bars but you replace 1P and 1S with a shake. You can use SlimFast High Protein instead of the center's SlimDowns because they're cheaper.

juliemarie
04-17-2006, 11:27 AM
no-either use the LAWL Slimdowns or slimfast high protein shakes. The LA lite shakes are not considered a meal replacement.

juliemarie
04-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah-what Tina said;)

dawn78
04-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Well I’m pretty certain I’ll be joining you ladies in the six week challenge. I went way overboard this weekend. My brother hosted Easter this year and he served BBQ ribs! They’re not even listed as an option in the booklet, but they were so good. His girlfriend is an awesome cook. She makes everything from scratch and I just couldn’t resist her fabulous carrot cake. I only had a small sliver of a piece, but it was sinfully good!
Fortunately my scale wasn’t up this morning, but I feel like crap. I don’t know what’s worst, the gilt or feeling so bloated.

I’m going to try to start tomorrow, but if I can’t get to the store tonight, I’ll start on Wednesday. Today is DS actual b-day so we’re taking him out for pizza tonight. I’ll be eating a salad of course. I definitely don’t need to top this weekend off with pizza! I’m really kind of pumped up for this challenge. I need to get these last pounds off because I’m so tired of this phase.

Repo girl
04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
I was insanely off plan this weekend, but I am back on the wagon this morning with my shake. I really like eating like this. I feel really good.

stacyj
04-17-2006, 01:56 PM
What does the shake do in place of 1P and 1S??? Do you all see more of a loss doing this? I am only allowed two starches and I have a hard time with only having two.
ALso, do you eat out much? I am addicted to Taco Bell tacos "diet" style!!!

emmysmom
04-17-2006, 01:56 PM
You know, I do too, Katie. I don't really want to give up 1S, but 1P is not a problem for me. And the shakes fill me up and I feel great.

angelica1674
04-17-2006, 02:00 PM
I know when I replaced the P and S for them 10 days (before my big blow out vacation week)I felt really good.I was hungry at first but once my body adjusted to the liquid food I wasnt hungry anymore.I lost weight quick!

rad7775
04-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Angelica:
Glad that you post that b/c my body haven't adjust to the liquid food yet,:D well, I just been doing it for two days, but even though that, I am gonna keep doing it, there is gonna be a moment where my body adjust to the liquid food. Note appart:---((I think is like when you eat allways the same food and then you start adding variety to your diet, your body start burning more calories?? b/c is a different food, can somebody help me on this one, please? )) :^:

angelica1674
04-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Also, what helps me Milca is I drink my shake when I am the busiest.That way I dont have time to notice that I am hungry and before I know it its time to eat again.

dolphn545
04-17-2006, 02:41 PM
When i do the shake, I do it for breakfast. But I also have a piece of fruit at that time, too. So, i'm not only drinking my meal, but I'm getting in a fruit.

1luckychick
04-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Okay Ladies, I need your help. I ate like a beast yesterday and really need to get back on track. So, I am going to join your challenge. Can someone please explain all of the substitutions for the drinks, bars and juice? Thanks so much!

Nikki

sznn
04-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Hi all you motivated challengers,

If anyone has a spare moment, I would really appreciate it if you could post the nutritional data for the LA slim down/Slimfast high protein.

TIA,
-S

dolphn545
04-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Sznn - I don't have the slimfast high protein, but I do have the slimfast optima. Here are the two (LAWL & Slim Fast)

LA Slim Down (chocolate)

Calories: 270
Total Fat: 5g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Sodium: 380 mg
Potassium: 910 mg
Total Carb: 36 g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 32g
Protein: 20g

Slim Fast Optima (chocolate)
Calories: 180
Total Fat: 5g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 220 mg
Potassium: 600 mg
total Carb: 24g
Dietary fiber: 5g
sugars: 17g
protein: 10g

stiesta
04-17-2006, 02:58 PM
What does the shake do in place of 1P and 1S??? Do you all see more of a loss doing this? I am only allowed two starches and I have a hard time with only having two.
ALso, do you eat out much? I am addicted to Taco Bell tacos "diet" style!!!

I think it is a further reduction in calories and that's why it works (or so I'm hoping). I think they figure about 250 calories for your protein, and 80-100 for the starch, and you are replacing that with a 190-calorie shake. Plus, as the other girls said, I think it's the shake up of your metabolism that tricks your body into giving up some fat. I'm only on day one, but I'm hoping for some good results. It is mentally more challenging to give up that precious starch, though, I'm right there with you. I'm still trying to figure out how/what I'll eat on a daily basis. Suggestions, challengers?

Dairy Fairy
04-17-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm telling you guys...the slimfast low carb meal replacement shake has 20 grams of protein and 190 calories...you're getting twice the protein for the same calories as the optima! If you can find them in your store, they are truly the way to go because protein is what keeps ME from becoming a ravenous beast.

emmysmom
04-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Sznn...the nutritional info was posted by Boosmom on page 64 of the monthly thread.

This has been my typical day on the challenge (I'm on Gold)...

Breakfast
Toast w/ cream cheese and jelly - 1S, 1fat, 1 condiment
Grapes - 1F

Mid-Am
LA Lite

Lunch
V-8 juice - 1V
Salad - 1V, 1 condiment
Apple - 1F
SlimFast - 1P, 1S

Mid PM
Fruit - 1F
Yogurt - 1D
La Lite

Dinner
Chicken - 1P
Carrots - 1V

Once I make it to lunch, I feel very satisfied the rest of the day.

rad7775
04-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Dairy:
Thanks girl, I am gonna check that one, is true what you said, it has the same amount of protein of the LAWL one, if you can, when you have a chance, can you post the nutritional values for that one, I want to compare it with the one that Sherry posted and the one that I have here that is the Slim Fast High Protein. :thanks:

juliemarie
04-17-2006, 03:33 PM
You know-Google's a great thing ladies! ;)

So is the thread search function . . . .

rad7775
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks Juliemarie, Dairy sorry to bother you.

juliemarie
04-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Milca-

I doubt you're bothering anyone-I just think it's been kinda funny the past couple of days that everyone's asking the same question and Slim fast has all of their nutritional info on their website.

No worries-sorry if I sounded *****y about it . . .

hkychik
04-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Dairy, I was wondering if you are adding in a starch with the low carb slimfast shakes? I looked at those too, and yes, you are getting all the protien as the LA shakes, but you are shorting yourself about 30g of carbs - sounds like a whole starch to me?

Dairy Fairy
04-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Absolutely not...carbs are not my friends ;)

love2eat
04-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Just wish I could keep it off! I am such a compulsive overeater!!! My first day of TO has went pretty well except that I am STARVING!!! Thanks for the welcome back!

CandlePrincess
04-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Ok I am hungry this afternoon on day one of TO, but it's probably my own fault. I ate lunch then had to run to the daycare to pick up DFS and then I have been home the rest of the day and just haven't eaten. So it is my own fault! Dinner tonight and then one more day of TO......but think of all those pounds that are sliding off! Go away pounds...go away! Hang in there chickies! Maybe once we start on the shake portion of this we could post our menus...just a thought to provide more support!

love2eat
04-17-2006, 05:09 PM
I am not doing the LA lite bars b/c they are so expensive. I have heard you guys talking about alternatives? Got any suggestions? If I decide not to do the bars, do I need to add any exchanges in each day?

stiesta
04-17-2006, 05:36 PM
I am not doing the LA lite bars b/c they are so expensive. I have heard you guys talking about alternatives? Got any suggestions? If I decide not to do the bars, do I need to add any exchanges in each day?

I do the Kashi Go Lean Crunchy squares. They are not the regular go-lean bars, but "crunchy" is how kashi distinguishes them. You can check them out on the kashi website -- they are really comparable to the lites and I think more filling. The flavors I've had are really good, too. I find them in the health food section of Stop and Shop (my local grocery store) and they've been on sale for 4/$5, which makes them $1.25 a pop (much cheaper than lites).

Boo'sMom
04-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Milca said: Note appart:---((I think is like when you eat allways the same food and then you start adding variety to your diet, your body start burning more calories?? b/c is a different food, can somebody help me on this one, please? ))

Milca--this is EXACTLY what my COD has been telling me because I am a terrible creature of habit and need change often to make my body burn more. I didn't want to agree but I think it's proven itself with me!

My favorite counselor also recommended pouring the shake over ice in the blender to make it more filling until I "feel full" from it and it definitely works with the regular shake. She also told me to try having it for dinner so I am tapering off of food in the evening and save a veggie and fruit to snack on later. So, when possible, I will try it for dinner--when we have other plans I will have it at other times.

Dairy Fairy
04-17-2006, 05:50 PM
I know this is probably a "duh" statement, but if you use your crushed iced from your fridge when you put them in the blender, it comes out better. For a week or so when I was on a smoothie kick I finally was like "why am I putting ice cubes in when I could crush them and make it easier on my 20 year old blender?"

Repo girl
04-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Oh, I wish I had a fridge that does that. I put about 8 ice cubes in my shake, and blend it up in my smoothie machine. It makes about 20 oz of shake to enjoy, which is great for me.

stacyj
04-17-2006, 07:22 PM
One more quick question: Do you guys measure your salad dressings? I have been using Ken's Steak House Rasberry Pecan (FF) and it has 50 calories per 2 tablespoons! I had no idea! My other favorite: Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette 70 calories per 2 tbsp!!!
And I have just been pouring it on!!!!
I love salad and to be honest, I love RANCH but found these and liked them, and now see that maybe I need to continue a search for good low calorie ff dressing (is there such a thing??)

Boo'sMom
04-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Walden Farms makes dressings that are fat, sugar, carb, calorie, EVERYTHING free except the sodium. I found them at United but haven't had the nerve to try them. There are a lot of flavors to choose from. When I try it I will let ya'll know. I am afraid they may be taste free too! When I eat regular dressing I have a lot less than if it was reduced and my COD said to just count it as my fat.

deetsmom
04-17-2006, 08:00 PM
You can also just put the shake in its little container there in the freezer for awhile and then its thick and mushy like melted ice cream, very good! I had that today cos I had no time for lunch.

merem
04-17-2006, 08:53 PM
I did good on Day 1 of TO today using the oranges. I am so used to eating grapes and apples on the regular program and I think that made the oranges a refreshing change. I am so pumped to watch these pounds drop off with this challenge. I want to make sure I am doing the same plan as you all. I am understanding that we are doing 2 days TO, 10 days of replacing 1S and 1P with a slim-down or slim-fast high protein (or low-carb) shake, and then 2 days regular OP eating, and then repeating this process 2 more times. Is this right?

lak_55119
04-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Hi challenge friends
Ok day 1 has gone ok I am not doing take off but I did do a LA replacement meal then this afternoon I found the sf low carb shakes and purchased some of them. I will have one tomorrow. I have to go to a seminar and I hope they have someplace close by where I can get a salad. Went to wi today and I am up 2 pounds after this weekend. I hope part of it is water weight. I am not going to move my tickler until Wed when I weigh in again. I hope to be back down to pre weekend weight. Goodluck everyone.

wp95jma
04-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Ok ladies ~ Leaving for my vacation in 7 days. I'm going to do TO tuesday and wednesday. I'm going to do the shakes for the remaining 5 days. When I get back from vacation (depending on how much weight I gained) I'll either do TO again then start the challenge with the rest of you, or I'll just continue with the shakes replacing 1P & 1S for the remaining days until it is time to do TO again :)

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-18-2006, 09:05 AM
well chickies - I posted on the other thread - but I'm going to join you ladies next monday - I'm going on an anniversary trip this weekend, so I don't want to mess up a good thing. I bought my shakes yesterday so I will get my juice or oranges this week/end sometime. Are most of you doing the unlimited TO or limited? I found that I do better with the unlimited w/ juice? I guess I will just have to make the choice for myself....

Repo girl
04-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey Heather! Welcome to the challenge. Where are you going on your trip?

love2eat
04-18-2006, 10:27 AM
So excited! Just started day 2 of TO and already down 2 pounds!!! Can't argue with results like that! I have heard people say there is an alternative to the LA TO juice that is cheaper? What is it and where can I get it? Seeing the weight come off so fast keeps me so motivated!! Makes it easier to say no to my fiancee when he asks if we can go eat Mexican!!

1luckychick
04-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Stephanie- Congrats on losing 2 lbs! Keep up the good work!

CandlePrincess
04-18-2006, 11:58 AM
ok...day two of take off! Doing well so far! I had a steak last night and some grilled shrimp. I eat lunch at 1030 so by dinner 730 I was starved! I usually have a snack but didn't yesterday. Gearing up for tomorrow! I am trying to decide when to drink my shake...not sure if breakfast or lunch would be better! I am off to plan a few menus for the rest of the week!

stacyj
04-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Good news!
Went to WI and was down 2.8 pounds!!! Doing TO yesterday and today...
Now, tell me, do you guys usually stay down if you go to POP right after TO?
I am nervous because this is the lowest I have been in three weeks of stalling!!
Now..if I can figur out how to "fix" loss graph!

stacyj
04-18-2006, 12:50 PM
try again

pinknails2006
04-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Can you tell me exactly what I have to do for the challenge & what days to give up what thanks!

Meri

CandlePrincess
04-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Meri,

It's two days of Take off and then 10 days you give up one protein and one starch and you have a meal replacement shake. Some of us are using Slim fast high protein or la weight loss meal replacements. Then you have two days regular on plan eating and then start the process over again!

angelica1674
04-18-2006, 01:21 PM
2nd day of TO ladies is going pretty good.I had tuna on slices of cucumber(pretend crackers,lol) very good!! FYI, I add a little onion and mayo to my 3 oz of tuna when I eat tuna on my TO days and it has never hurt my weight loss. I do the limited TO.It makes the tuna better than eating it plain.

CandlePrincess
04-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Angelica,

Great idea for pretend crackers...i bought some laughing cow cheese stuff and didn't want to use it until take off was over because I didn't have crackers! Next time I will know!

juliemarie
04-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Isn't laughing cow a dairy? or do you count it as a protein?

stiesta
04-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Good news!
Went to WI and was down 2.8 pounds!!! Doing TO yesterday and today...
Now, tell me, do you guys usually stay down if you go to POP right after TO?
I am nervous because this is the lowest I have been in three weeks of stalling!!
Now..if I can figur out how to "fix" loss graph!

Congrats on your 2.8 pounds -- that is great. I usually flatten out after TO and don't lose much more for a few days after I finish it, then it kicks in and I start losing again, even if I am POP. It's frustrating, but I think it's my body's way of readjusting the metabolism after TO. Good luck!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
04-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Isn't laughing cow a dairy? or do you count it as a protein?

I usually count it as a Dairy -- but I think you can count cheese as a Veg Protein --

momof3boys1girl
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
ok a few questins about this challenge before i decide to join in...do you still use 2 of the bars a day?? and what are you using for take off the juice or oranges??What flavors are the best in the shakes??

thanks jamie

Repo girl
04-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey Jamie- If you usually do the bars, then yes, 2 bars. I am using cantaloupe for TO, but you could use juice or oranges too. The best shake to use is the Slim Fast Optima High Protein. I have bought the chocolate and coffee flavored ones, and they are both really good. The shake is used in place of 1 starch and 1 protein.

stacyj
04-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Ohhh coffee flavor sounds good!
Did you get it at Walmart?
I bought the high protein shake today. I think tomorrow I will drink it in the morning. It counts as a P and a S correct? (No D?)
Did TO today and just ate a taco salad--just seasoned turkey meat (chili powder, morton salt, simply salsa seasoning) I didn't measure it, I just didn't-but figured since all I ate today was 2 bars, TO drink, and the salad I should be ok.
I am very excited about our challenge! I really hope to be at goal by summer (12 pounds I can do it!!)

nikkijo
04-18-2006, 08:43 PM
oh my gosh, this is great!!! Count me in starting wednesday!!!!

Repo girl
04-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Stacy, I get my slim fast at Walmart.

CandlePrincess
04-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Ok..for those of us that did take off on Monday and Tuesday we get to start the shakes today! Whoooo hoooo...welcome back starches! I am looking forward to seeing the scale drop!

rad7775
04-19-2006, 08:26 AM
3 day, so far so good, Girls :dust: :goodvibes:

nikkijo
04-19-2006, 08:30 AM
I forgot................how much cantalope do you get per day on take off?

stiesta
04-19-2006, 08:30 AM
3 days and almost 3 pounds lost -- saw a 2.8 drop today! SOOOOO happy!!!! This challenge is great, I am LOVIN it!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Dairy Fairy
04-19-2006, 09:04 AM
nikkijo-1/2 cantaloupe per day

Well, y'all have won me over with all this weight loss talk. It can be hard for me to get on track after a trip until I do TO. Anyway, I was 170.5 this morning, so still not back in the 60s, but close. I should be back tomorrow.

I bought the low carb shakes at Kroger. I hope eating less carbs helps me lose weight. My sisters is convinced that we can'tt have a lot of carbs (family history of BOTH types of diabetes) and still lose weight, so this is a good choice for me, I think. I'm doing cantaloupe for TO and Dr. Soy for the bars. They're kind of too sweet for me, but they're paid for.

nikkijo
04-19-2006, 09:26 AM
only 1/2 a cantalope?? Darn!!!

Dairy Fairy
04-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Trust me..I like cantaloupe and that last piece is always a chore to get in. If you had to eat a whole one per day, you'd be sick of it! You do get a whole one over 2 days if it makes ya feel better...

Repo girl
04-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Day one of my 2nd TO, gonna go cut into that cantaloupe. I had to buy tiny little cantaloupe because that is all the store had. I am thinking 1 cup of cubes would be a serving?

Mom_of_3_Monsters
04-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Ok..for those of us that did take off on Monday and Tuesday we get to start the shakes today! Whoooo hoooo...welcome back starches! I am looking forward to seeing the scale drop!

:carrot::dance::carrot::dance::carrot::dance:

My scale is showing a wonderful loss this morning !! I think I will wait to change my ticker until Monday though !!!

stacyj
04-19-2006, 09:46 AM
My center was out of the TO juice a few weeks ago, and they told me to ear 4 oranges instead. I hadn't heard about cantaloupe before.
I am on Day 3--so far I have had 4oz of yogurt, and 1 serving of fruit. I am planning to have my shake at lunch with another fruit. I want to have a large salad for dinner, so I am saving all of my veggies for then. I also bought a big squash I may bake.

Steista---Congrats! I had a 2.8 loss yesterday and I was thrilled! Now, I am scared though...don't want to blow it accidently!
I weighed in during my lunch yesterday. I have a hard time doing that and if I go later I always weigh more. Do you guys go three times a week? I am thinking of going twice a week and see if it makes a difference in my attitude. If I see even a small gain I get so depressed!
ALthough, a co-worker said to me that she can really tell I am losing wieght and what am I doing??? Thats always a good feeling!!
Good luck girls!!

stacyj
04-19-2006, 09:46 AM
oops eat oranges not ear them!

Dairy Fairy
04-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Katie, I did TO once using 1 cup of watermelon per serving and it was actually my best TO ever, so I'm sure your cantaloupe would be fine like that, too. I have noticed a big problem with cantaoupes this year... It seems like certain fruits will be nasty all year or good all year. Last year, strawberry was awful and cantaloupe was delish. This year, it's reversed. The cantaloupes are seriously ALL TOO RIPE and I shop in different stores.

angelica1674
04-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Katie, I did TO once using 1 cup of watermelon per serving and it was actually my best TO ever, so I'm sure your cantaloupe would be fine like that, too. I have noticed a big problem with cantaoupes this year... It seems like certain fruits will be nasty all year or good all year. Last year, strawberry was awful and cantaloupe was delish. This year, it's reversed. The cantaloupes are seriously ALL TOO RIPE and I shop in different stores.
mmmmm, I LOVE watermelon!! I dint think about using that for mt TO, I might do that once watermelon is in season again.Which should be soon!

Repo girl
04-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Dairy- We opposite around here. All of the cantaloupe is too green. I think 1 cup is okay too, since I fitday'd it and one cup of balls is only 62 calories. Watermelon sounds divine.

CandlePrincess
04-19-2006, 11:17 AM
I wish I was like all of you showing a loss on this challenge. I haven't shown a loss yet and actually up 2 pounds or so. I know TO is to "clean" you out...so maybe that's all my body needs to do. (trying not to be too descriptive, ya'll know what I am talking about) I don't change my ticker until I "officially" weigh in at the SCOD. So lunch today I did 1/2 chicken and some veggies...and my beloved pita pocket! YUMMY STARCHES! Later chickies!

love2eat
04-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Okay ladies. The torture of TO is over for me and I am down another 2 lbs today...total of 4 lbs during 2 days of TO! I am excited also about getting my starches back! I don't know how the shake thing is going to work for me. I have tried Slim Fast in the past and was hungry and hour later. I got the high protein ones so hopefully that will be better. Just an apple and a Luna bar this morning. I am planning on yogurt, banana, and my shake for lunch, my 2nd bar as a midafternoon snack with some possible broccoli and FF ranch. Supper is going to be the London Broil from the cookbook. It is absolutely delicious!! I love that cookbook although I would like to have the new one. Looking forward to dropping this weight before my trip to Gulf Shores in July! Afraid my goal of 120 might be a little low for my height and body build. My lowest weight since puberty has been 127 my junior year in high school! Checked the websites and they all said around 130. Does anyone think 120 is too low for 5 foot 6 with a medium build? Good luck ladies!

stiesta
04-19-2006, 01:18 PM
LOVING the challenge. I have been doing my shakes for breakfast with a fruit and it really keeps me full for several hours. I'm pleasantly surprised with that. Just had my veggie burger and 1/2 english muffin for lunch, followed by strawberries dipped into s/f yogurt mixed with ff cool whip. SOOOO good. I am less hungry lately, which is a first for me!

Stephanie -- you have to go by where you feel comfortable. I am 5'8" and know that there is no way I would look good less than like 135-140. My goal is 145. I think you have to get there and decide how you feel. Was that no help or what?

Have a good one, chickies!

Rebeca
04-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Chickies I came here to be a buddy and say CONGRATS to all of you courageous enough to do the 7 week challenge! I will be here to read it all and be of support for those who need it... OBviously none of you since everyone seems like they are on the right track!

Repo girl
04-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks Rebeca, what a doll you are!

snoody
04-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Do anyone eat heavy starches, tv dinners, fast food and still lost a lot on challenge?

stiesta
04-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Do anyone eat heavy starches, tv dinners, fast food and still lost a lot on challenge?

You're kidding, right?

emmysmom
04-19-2006, 03:40 PM

If anyone has, please tell me your secret!:hun:

nikkijo
04-19-2006, 04:56 PM
cracking up over here..............:mcd: :rofl:

love2eat
04-19-2006, 05:20 PM
I have a question---do any of you do the carb cravers or lean cuisines while doing the challenge? I know during my OP eating I lost more when I used carb cravers and dinners than when I didn't.

The fast food thing---All I would tell you is stick to salads or grilled chickens minus the top or bottom bun. Remember that they prepare a lot of this stuff with salt so water retention can become an issue. Also remember that a lot of grilled things are grilled in butter. When I order a grilled chicken I order it minus the mayo and ask for it not to be grilled in butter. I still count a fat b/c the bun is full of fat and carbs! I would watch fast food unless it is a salad.

Dairy Fairy
04-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Ok everyone, BE NICE. Remember the colonix thread? This is getting close to that.

I don't do carb cravers a lot ever just because they tend to increase my cravings for ...you guess it...carbs! the frozen dinners just are not that filling to me, so I can't help you there either. Fast food...I'd check your guide and stay away from burgers because they DO grill buns and stuff more then I think they are actually counting and because whatever mixture they are calling beef probably causes lots of water retention. I like Wendy's Side Salad a lot and had this really good wrap from Chick-Fil-A the other day. The only negative was that the wrap was so big I tore half of it away so it would only be one starch instead of 2.

Dairy Fairy
04-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Oh, the heavy starches...I've noticed I'm doing a little better throwing mini bagels (I think the heaviest allowed starch) into the mix. I think I needed a shakeup.

LadyIzzy
04-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi Challenge Chickies,

Hope everyone is doing well on the challenge. I am very motivated and not very hungry. Here is another protein drink comparison.

Atkins Advantage - Chocolate
Cal 170
Fat 9
Sodium 165
Carbs 5
Sugars 1
Protein 18

It's a little closer to LA SlimDowns.

Will be back later to catch up on the reading.

Boo'sMom
04-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks Izzy--I added it to the sahke breakdown thread so we have quite a variety.

I had decided if I did the slimfast i wanted the Low Carb--of course they are not at my Walmart! I'll try in town next trip.

stacyj
04-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey guys!
Today is my first day after TO and I must say that I wasn't crazy about the shake! It was a chocolate high protein slim fast and I got it down, but I didn't enjoy it. Do you think the shake replacement really helps?? I will continue if you all think I should. I bought 4 so maybe I'll see what results I have.
As for Fast food, I really like the taco bell taco (the one on plan in the back of the book) It counts as 1s 1/2p I think.
I haven't got all my food in today. Looks like I'll be drinking a V-8 and eating a 1/2 grapefruit here before too long....
****My friend is in from out of town and we are going out tomorrow night. If I have wine, and drink my lemon juice the next day, I should be ok Right? I figure 1 glass is 2f?
Hope everyone had a great day!

snoody
04-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks Dairy Fairy and love2eat for your suggesions:hug: I will let everyone know if I decide to join.

stacyj
04-19-2006, 08:13 PM
also, do you count one piece of 35 calorie bread as 1s?

Dairy Fairy
04-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Stacyj, yes on the bread...kind of a ripoff, huh? Also, I do think the shakes help to keep your TO weight off for good, but I have never done it for as long as the challenge so I can't tell you about that.

Boosmom-try Kroger if you have one. That is where I found the lowcarb shakes. My sister got them on clearance at her walmart, so they must have phased them out.

Day 1 of TO almost complete...need to finish my last bottle of water and I may have some of my stevia sweetened tea...loving that.

moodymom
04-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi! i`m new here! can I join in the challenge too?
i`m doing SF Optima Bars .and when my daugheters are in school i go to Ladies Workout Express.(i`m hoping to find a babysitter so i can go over the summer) xoxo Maryann

LadyIzzy
04-19-2006, 09:50 PM
BoosMom - you're welcome, I forgot about the shake thread. I looked for the low-carb shake at my Walmart and they didn't have it either. Did buy Optima High Protein, High Protein, and Atkins Advantage. May have to get it online.

Also, noticed that online price is double for low carb at $9.43-9.63/4-pack compared to what the others cost.

Dairy Fairy
04-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Bre-check kroger...the low carb is $5.39 for a 4 pack this week (reg. 5.69 here).

lak_55119
04-19-2006, 10:53 PM
If you have cub foods they are $4.99 a 4 pak there. I don't think the low carb slimfast shakes taste as good as their other ones. Went to my cod today and I was down 1 lb from last wi on Monday. They have a 8 week plan that involves doing to every 2 weeks and eating op the rest of the time. Of course they say the to has to be with their take off juice. Their saying 30 lbs in 8 weeks. Buy 3 bottles and get one free. Which knudsen juice is close to the lawl takeoff juice? I am still drinking the sf shakes for one meal each day.

Dairy Fairy
04-19-2006, 11:19 PM
30 lbs in 8 weeks is freaking ridiculous. I think they're full of it if they actually think that can happen (maybe in a very overweight person who has a whole lot to lose, but not for someone within 20-30 lbs of goal for sure). It sounds gimmicky and reminds me of those dumb nutrisystem commercials that have THE dumbest women on the planet ("some people call me hot, tee hee hee"). I love the low carb shakes, but that is just me...I'm really use to artificial sweetener twang and protein bar tastes, so maybe that helps.

nikkijo
04-20-2006, 07:15 AM
I bought slimfast optima in french vanilla. Was I supposed to get low carb? I am starting my second day of TO so I still have time to return them.

Boo'sMom
04-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Dairy--I am like you and have learned that carbs are not my friends so sometimes it's more sacrifice but tha's life-huh? We don't have Kroger but our Marketstreet United usually has our best selection. Our town is pretty small so 15 minutes into Amarillo is normal! My centers 8 week challenge is identical to the 6 week challenge everyone here is doing just 2 more weeks and I'm pretty sure they were promoting a lower weight. Like you--30 lbs is excessive and not likely to stay off.

Boo'sMom
04-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Nikki--the Low Carb has the lowest carbs and sugar and the highest protein (protein is the same as the la slimdown) but apparently they are also hard to find so I think most people are just using what they can find.

Dairy Fairy
04-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Ok, I need some support! I only lost 1/2 lb on day one of TO and I was at 170. Maybe today I will work on EXTRA water and try a different protein and see what happens with it. I have to finish TO because our Easter trip was awful as far as starting cravings. Poor DH doesn't do TO and he says he is starving every day after all the carbs we had at his relative's house.

stiesta
04-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Ok, I need some support! I only lost 1/2 lb on day one of TO and I was at 170. Maybe today I will work on EXTRA water and try a different protein and see what happens with it. I have to finish TO because our Easter trip was awful as far as starting cravings. Poor DH doesn't do TO and he says he is starving every day after all the carbs we had at his relative's house.

Bummer -- don't you hate that? All that sacrifice and not much payout. I'd try pounding the lemon water today, you could be retaining water. Sometimes I just don't get a good result on TO, not sure why. But don't get discouraged, keep going, it will eventually come off! Good luck! :hug:

Boo'sMom
04-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Dairy--I am with stiesta--stick with it--eating right HAS to pay off. I don't do TO because I've never had that much success--even my first one was only 4 lbs. I'm sure your weekend is just sticking around but once the extra sodium and junk leaves your scales will start up again. You have lost a lot of weight so you obviously know what to do. I am like your DH--after a "blow out" especially of carbs I am ravenous for days! Like the gain isn't punishment enough. Hang in there--we are all here to support in whatever way you need.

Rebeca
04-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Girls, while doing my own challenge (being sick and taking one slimfast daily) the scale was at 181.1! Now CODs scale is always 1.8 more than mine, but still thats a good difference! I do miss my veggies, i just cant chew much lately! I love this season but it does get to me! Good luck for all of you!

love2eat
04-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Okay ladies. After 1 day with the shakes after TO I am down another lb! Yea! I was SO hungry last night and had nothing left to eat so I ate some fresh broccoli (even though I already had my 2 veggies). Thanks for the suggestions about the carb cravers and lean cuisines. I will try and stay away from both but it is really hard after sacrificing the P and S for a shake. If anyone else has done the CC's or frozen dinners on the challenge, I'd like your input as well. I find that variety in my diet really helps to increase my weight loss, but I don't want to sabatoge myself by eating too many carbs. Cravings aren't my problem...hunger is.

stacyj
04-20-2006, 10:35 AM
My friend is in from out of town and we are going out tonight for dinner. I am planning on staying on track as far as the diet, but realize that water retention is probably going ot happen since eating out! If I have wine, and drink my lemon juice the next day, I should be ok Right? I figure 1 glass is 2f?

sznn
04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
stacyj - I have always counted one glass of wine as 1F.
I usually save all my fruits on the day I want to drink wine, so I can have 2-3 glasses;)

I am doing a modified challenge of sorts.
Since I am such a bonified bandwagon jumper.
I bought some slimfast optimas and I am trying a 2 days shakes/2 days OP schedule. Thought anything to mix it up a little should show results.
Was down over a lb this AM - so maybe it's working.

You chicks are all doing great on this challenge.
Fabulous enthusiasm!:carrot:
Keep up the good work - I'll cheer you on.

-S

juliemarie
04-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Stacy (and sznn)-a serving of wine for 1 F is 3 oz. Most glasses of wine at a bar or restaurant are 6 oz, so a glass is 2F. I made this mistake for a long time before someone pointed out the serving size.

Also-I have a mini-bagel for breakfast most mornings and a lean cuisine or WW or HC meal for lunch almost every day. Yesterday was day 3 for me and I had both during the day and was down a couple pounds on the scale today. I've never noticed these to hurt my weight loss. Fast food is another thing though. And beef. Both of those always cause the scale to hover or go up a bit. I think it 's just the sodium, but it's still frustrating. Anyway, everybody's different. Give it a shot and see how it works. I love getting variety in my diet with the LC, and when I eat it with a salad and maybe a piece of fruit, I'm totally satisfied.

sskinney
04-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi chickies!!!

Well first let me congratulate all of you for the support you are offering!!
"There's no motivation like success"!!!!

Now let me say I have been hovering for at least 2 months and I know I am late getting in on this thread but I am going to join you all!!!! I need a kick in the pants! I am down 36 lbs. and I have gotten complacent... I look and feel better but that is not my goal!!! 16 more lbs to go... I CAN DO IT!! (with all of your help and support) I will be the little engine that could :-)

I have my LA Lites and I need to get some slim downs or a generic of it tonight ... and i have a jar of TO juice too!! so no time like the present I will start tomorrow!!!!

I think you are all inspiring and I am thankful for this forum!!

So lets roll up our sleeves and.... LOOOOOSSSSEEEEEEE!

Boo'sMom
04-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Shari--welcome and good luck--start jumping in.

emmysmom
04-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Welcome back, Sheri...I think Heather is going to start this coming Monday and most people started this past Monday so you're on track with the rest of us...Good Luck!!!

nikkijo
04-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Does someone have the website that computes your ideal weight?

stacyj
04-20-2006, 12:21 PM
OK Just got back from COD Down 1.2 pounds!! YEA!
NOw, tell me if you think something is up with this--
My COD got new owners and two of the regular workers have quit. Today was the last day for one of them and I asked her if she found another job and she said "no" so I say "Then why are you leaving?" and she acted really funny..then just said that they cut her hours.
I don't like the sounds of it, plus two new people! My COD seems to have a lot of turn over, yours??

stacyj
04-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Suzanne,
I am with you on the wine. I am being very good until dinner, and I am going to have 2 glasses of wine and sushi.
I will lemon water tomorrow!! Plus, I am drinking a lot of water today.
My friend only comes in twice a year, and I want to have fun! I don't think sushi and wine are going to throw me off too bad.
THoughts?

rad7775
04-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Stacy:
Hope that you have a great time with your friend and have a lot of fun! Congrats in your loss! :cp: :cheer::bravo:

juliemarie
04-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Stacy-

a little extra wine once in a while is not going to kill you. Drink a glass of water for every glass of wine you drink. The problem that I notice is the more alcohol I drink the more likely I am to go off plan. Just be careful and don't do it too often.

CandlePrincess
04-20-2006, 12:52 PM
ok ladies....here we are still hanging in there with this challenge. I am not showing a loss on the scale yet...but again, I am trying to wait until Sat for my offical WI at SCOD! I have had my 4th bottle of water today and really am feeling good. I drink my shake in the am and it does seem that I have more energy and feel more alert. I don't notice a "crash" in the afternoon either. I am having my 1/2 protein at lunch and with the shakes kind of like it. I used to hate that 1/2 protein because I found it hard to fit in...now it works for me. Funny isn't it?! Well I am off for a bit...i'll check back in later!

stiesta
04-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Congrats, losers! :dancer: :dancer: I am one of you again today! :carrot:

I have lost almost 4 pounds in 4 days on this challenge -- I don't expect it to continue at that rate, but I needed a big boost to get me going. I am loving my shake in the morning! I really am not feeling hungry and find it easy to resist temptation again. FINALLY!!!!!

Welcome, Shari! This challenge is great!

Repo girl
04-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Heather- I know what you mean, I was worried I would get to hungry with the shakes, turns out I love them, and I am not getting too hungry at all.

Christie- WOW!!! Good for you chickie!

dawn78
04-20-2006, 01:07 PM
4 pounds in 4 days is awesome! You give me some hope. I'm on my last day of TO so I'll be starting tomorrow.

sskinney
04-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Thank you boosmom and emmysmom.... I am really looking forward to this!

Stacyj: my center had so much turnover that i just moved to a new center... and i am glad i did... new energy... which i need right now... and she told me they are all nutritionists.... bonus!! she said they all have graduated with a degree in nutrition... so sometimes change is good :-)

have a great day and congrats to all that have lost some!!! :-)

(i just walked for 40 min. and had a slimdown for lunch and i will have a LA lite at about 3 today... and a big grilled chick salad for din din)

hey what do you all think about posting at lease one of your days Journals?... someone did that on this thread already but i think it would help us all if everyone posts one day worth because i think it gives us all some good ideas to mix it up ... i know it helps me :-) I am on Purple plan.

Bkfst 1s 1d 1f
Kashi cereal
1 cup skim milk
1 cup coffee
1 fruit smoothy

snack 1f
apple

lunch 1p 1s
la slimdown

snack
LA Lite

dinner 4v 1p 1f 1fat
grilled chicken
salad
salad dressing lite
fruit smoothy

snack
LA Lite
and all my water!!! :-)

angelica1674
04-20-2006, 01:30 PM
I am finally done with the TO part.Today I start the slimfast shakes.I will have mine for dinne tonight with some fruit.I think I lost about 8 pounds from TO but it was most of my water weight, I am still up 3 pounds from the 169 so I am puttng scale away till monday.I will weigh then change my ticker if need be.

All I have to do to the slimfast is mix it in the blender with 6-8 ice cubes?No adding anything else?

Repo girl
04-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Nope, just like that. It makes about 20 oz worth of shake, and they are so dang good that way!

angelica1674
04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks, I have been waiting to try them that way since you all mentioned it.They sound so yummy! I am going to make mine with the coffee flavor.

Boo'sMom
04-20-2006, 01:58 PM
the ice really stretches the drink and makes it soooo filling--my only problem is all the extra air makes me burpy!:o

snoody
04-20-2006, 02:12 PM
aww, I am poud of everyone great weight loss:woo:. keep up the good work

dawn78
04-20-2006, 03:05 PM
I have a question, if the purple plan has larger protein sizes than gold does how can the same amount of meal replacement shake count the same for both purple and gold? Just a thought.

love2eat
04-20-2006, 04:15 PM
HELP ME!!! I am STARVING 2 hours after my shake for lunch! I am having such a problem trying to distribute my food over the day with having to count 1P and 1S for the shake. I have the high protein ones and I love the way they taste but I am STARVING a couple of hours later! I eat my Luna bar mid morningwith an apple, some veggies with my shake at lunch, and a banana with my mid afternoon Luna but it's just not enough. Will this change after my body adjusts? With my fiancee at home to cook for every night, I have to save a P, S, and V. Usually I save my dairy (glass of skim milk) and my 3rd V for my night time snack. That leaves me with nothing left for through the day! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Dairy Fairy
04-20-2006, 04:20 PM
When I was in your situation, i did one meal protein free, but used a dairy and a starch during the othe rmeal so I would have SOME protein. I used my l.s. v8 soup as my veggies (hot and filling), and I have never ever done an evening snack (I don't want to eat after dinner and I never have...I'm an afternoon snacker). When are you doing the second luna? Also, drink ALL you rwater starting with breakfast. It really will help to start drinking the water as soon as you wake up. I can't fix hunger pain with water, but I can prevent it usually. You gotta stay on top of that water!

juliemarie
04-20-2006, 04:27 PM
sf jello can be very filling . . . . .

Repo girl
04-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Hot tea, baby!

love2eat
04-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys! I don't usually eat breakfast..just a mid-morning Luna bar and fruit. Then it's Slim Fast for lunch with another fruit and some veggies. I usually do my 2nd bar midafternoon with my last fruit. I work 7-5:30 so I don't have a whole lot of time for snacking. So I don't do any protein until lunch. I try to save my last S, P, and V for dinner. I am a MAJOR nightime snacker so I need the 2nd veggie and dairy around 8:30 when I am winding down. I will try all of your suggestions. Thanks a lot ladies!!!
Stephanie

juliemarie
04-20-2006, 05:30 PM
stephanie-So don't you have 1/2 protein left? Or do you only get 2 proteins on your plan? Maybe consider having your shake for breakfast and then splitting your other protein between lunch and dinner?

Chklithunder
04-20-2006, 06:09 PM
:wave: Hi Y'all!

I just read this thread and all I can say is OMG am I inspired. I will be starting this Monday too. Here's hoping I can stick it out. I KNOW by the time this challenge is over I will be ready to take on Purple with no problems. I must go shopping this weekend.

Dairy Fairy
04-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Carmen, I started late too...you and I will be straggling there at the end when everyone else is already skinny :lol:

Chklithunder
04-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Hey Dairy, what's up chick? Did you decide to do the TO as well, or are you going to just go with the shake replacing the P, S? I am going to start with TO.

So it looks like you, me, Heather PP and Shari.

P.S. SHARI - :welcome: back!

Chklithunder
04-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Well Everyone. Have a great weekend. I am off tomorrow (Yay!!!), so I won't be back til "D-Day!"

Here's to you all, Chicks!
:cheers:

Dairy Fairy
04-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Ok, since I haven't lost in 2 days of TO I caved and ate some of the toppings off of a homemade pizza (all on plan ingredients at least). I was like "screw this...I haven't lost any weight and I'm not continuing to starve myself." I will do the shake tomorrow though...

stacyj
04-20-2006, 08:54 PM
HEY GUYS!
Back from my big night out with my friend!
YES I ate too much sushi (rolls) and drank too much wine...
but the good news is that I hadn't seen my friend since New Years and she really noticed my weight loss!!
AND I will start lemon water tomorrow.... and be very good.
(Do I sound like I feel guilty??)

Vicki140
04-21-2006, 05:13 AM
Great Job Chickies! I am so impressed with all your accomplishments, you should be proud of yourselves. I did Take Off on Sunday and Monday, and when I went to weigh in on Wednesday. I lost 3.2 lbs. This is the third time I have done Take Off since I joined on August 30, and the first two times I only lost around a pound. I wasn't too eager to pay the $25 for Take Off, but my counselor said that if I lost 8lbs in 4 weeks, she would give me the additional two Take Off's to complete the 8 week challenge for free! The advertisement here states lose 20 lbs in 8 weeks. I wish this was true, but it is more like 10, in my opinion. What did I do differently? Maybe, it was all the motivation that reading your strand has given me. Thank You.This is the start I needed with this challenge, but now, I am scared even though I have followed all my portions on the Gold Plan, I fear that the scale will not have maintained the same weight or less. I guess when I go to the COD tomorrow for weigh in I should wear the same outfit? Does anyone do that? I haven't before. I know that I need to stay positive, but I have had seven weeks of staying at the same weigh, within .8 and my counselors did everything, planning my meals, jetstart/slimdown, increase water,mixing it up. called the dietitian twice. They know that I am honest in my diary and food choices. Do you all weigh in three times a week, I do and it keeps me accountable! Has anyone experienced this type of frustration on LAWL?

Vicki

P.S. I don't know how to do all the creative weight lines and graphics...

aggie2006
04-21-2006, 05:21 AM
im so jealous...being abroad is slowing the process down for me! i ordered all i will need for the challenge. but since none of them deliver to Poland, i had everything shipped to my mothers and im waiting for her to ship to me...thats atleast another 2 weeks, i will be behind you all! WELL im on board anyway, and waiting to hear you gal's results...good luck, be strong,. and i hope you guys can stay POP!

Boo'sMom
04-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Vicki--you are doing super! I used to weigh in 3x/wk, then only once for a while but I am going to try for twice and week now since we are making some changes. You sound like you have a great center (me too). I'm sure everyone here has been frustrated (those who go to centers) at some point but I remind myself that they work for me and I will push that if I need to.

To add a ticker and avatar go to USER CP at the top left, in purple for instructions to "edit signature" (ticker) and add avatar.

Good Luck! I am on gold, too.

Boo'sMom
04-21-2006, 07:42 AM
Poor-Aggie--and we are jealous that you are abroad. Sorry you are having to wait but it'll be worth it! Keep up with the OP eating. I'm sure you won't be last in the challenge, as people start dropping crazy weight others will jump in, too.

Have a great day!

angelica1674
04-21-2006, 08:39 AM
I had the shakes in the blender last night.Very very good!!! It made alot!! I think this shake is going to be great.Especially since its getting warm and its so refreshing.

Repo girl
04-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Okay, I am done with the 2nd TO. Can't wait for my shake this morning! I was telling the manager of my center about the challenge we are doing on the phone yesterday, and she said it is the one they offered last spring. She says she thinks that it is really a good one, too.

Rebeca
04-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, Ladies... In my own version of the challenge...I am down almost 4 lbs! Isnt this great??? I am loving it... Congrats to all of you, and i wish you guyz a great OP or ON CHALLENGE weekend!

sskinney
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi gang... i just WI i am down 2.4 lbs... since i have jeans on she said i probably was down more :-) .... lets keep it going :-)

welcome to the challenge chiklitthunder!!

oh and i wanted to add that if you do the la lite shakes that you mix in the blender... add some cool whip... it makes for a great treat :-)

I just bot the new cookbook for 28.00 ... for anyone that has not seen this... i thought it was worth the money because i need to stay on plan and not get bored... i don't think in flipping through it that any recipe has more than 5-6 ingredients.. my kind of cooking. :-)

have a great weekend all... lets all vow to POP this weekend!

Dairy Fairy
04-21-2006, 02:18 PM
rebeca, you are down 4 lbs so you HAVE to tell us your secret ;)

Dairy Fairy
04-21-2006, 02:19 PM
way to go shari...I cannot read any recipe with more than 6 ingredients :lol:

emmysmom
04-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Shari, I have the new cookbook and LOVE it! Every recipe I have made so far was delish...even DH likes it! It really helps to add some variety and feel like you're eating real meals. Sometimes I get so focused on what I have to eat that I end off my day with eggs, lettuce, grapes, V-8 juice...no structure whatsoever - just trying to get my foods in:)

emmysmom
04-21-2006, 02:21 PM
BTW...you're all doing a FANTASTIC JOB!!!!! I can't wait until I can weigh-in...Katie, I think we might have picked a bad time to put the scales away for a month:) Everyone is doing so great, I'm dying to see how I'm doing myself!

Repo girl
04-21-2006, 02:25 PM
I know, me too. This challenge is so amazing!

sznn
04-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Rebeca - how are you modifying the challenge?
I am doing a modified challenge of sorts as well.
Just bought some shakes on Monday and I am going to do m-f with shakes w/e normal OP - starting on Monday Apr. 24
Not sure if I will do T/O???

-S

sskinney
04-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Hi emmysmom and dairyfairy... thank you ... i will go and weigh again on monday.

emmysmom... i am flipping through the cookbook right now.. i am making a list to make a few things.. i can't wait!!!

:-)

Repo girl
04-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Szne- I'm sure that you will do great with it.

sznn
04-21-2006, 03:13 PM
repo - thanks!!
I am just dying to know how much you've dropped. GF you have amazing willpower to stay away from that scale.
I love the shakes they are tasty. Just can't give up those 2 starches for too long.
What day are you doing the big reveal - aka WI????

-S

Rebeca
04-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Dairy- There isnt a secret... I am eating everything OP (not TO mode) and saving 1Sand 1P, at about 6pm i will have my shake and thats it for the day! I wont eat again until the next morning.

SZNN- my modified version is as follows:
One fruit in the morning
1 multigrain bar (when i am too hungry, not daily)
One starch, veggies, and protein for lunch
One more fruit as a snack
Then one Shake around 6pm and thats it!

After 6 i wont have anything but water until the next morning!

Repo girl
04-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Szn- My "Unveiling" will be on May 10th. We actually set our goal for May 8th, but I will not get to go to my COD until Wed. the 10th, and I want my weight to be official.

deetsmom
04-21-2006, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Vicki140]I guess when I go to the COD tomorrow for weigh in I should wear the same outfit? Does anyone do that? I haven't before. I know that I need to stay positive, but I have had seven weeks of staying at the same weigh, within .8 and my counselors did everything, planning my meals, jetstart/slimdown, increase water,mixing it up. called the dietitian twice. They know that I am honest in my diary and food choices. Do you all weigh in three times a week, I do and it keeps me accountable! Has anyone experienced this type of frustration on LAWL?

Vicki[QUOTE=Vicki140]

YES...I actually wear the same pants at every WI and a light shirt similar to the one when I started. My pants are a 12 and I wear a 4, so thats a sight to see, LOL. Anyway, I have had and continue to have the same struggles, its hard when you see everyone here posting about their losses and making it seem easy, when it isnt always so for some of us. BUT, stick with it, you will get there!

stacyj
04-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Deets--
It looks like you and I are about the same as far as start weight and goal. How tall are you?
I am 5'4. I started at 166 and wore a size 12. I am down to 151 and am wearing 10/8 (I bought two size 8 pants but am not sure if it was a fluke!)
I have my goal at 140, but the COD thinks I should get to 135, I am just afraid that I wouldn't be able to maintain that.
Congratulations on your weight loss! Is the Center hleping you with Maintennance?
STACY

stiesta
04-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Congrats, losers!

Sznn, I am doing a modified version of the challenge myself. I think I am swearing off TO...not worth it for me anymore. But I am doing something similar to yours, only I'm doing like 2-3 days of shake replacements, then 2 days of OP eating, and continuing that over and over. I am like you (you're on gold, right?) where it's too hard to give up one of two precious starches EVERY day. I can do it if I know I will get that starch back in a few days. I've lost 4 pounds in 5 days, so whatever I'm doing is working!

Katie -- PLEASE WEIGH IN FOR ME!!!!!! ;) You and Tina both are killing me...

Rebecca, good job on your loss!

hkychik
04-21-2006, 05:06 PM
We have almost as many variations going as we do people! This is funny! Stiesta, I am not doing TO either, but I am going to do 10 days of shakes, 2 days OP, etc... When we get close to the end, we should start a new thread with results, and which version of the challenge we followed. I think Katie and Tina are the front-runners, and will finish first.

What d'ya say ladies?

juliemarie
04-21-2006, 05:10 PM
You know-for many people who are close to goal-TO may not work that well. When you add up the calories-it's not much different than the low range on the gold plan. Around 1200 calories I think. It's a big calorie difference if you're on the red plan like I am, but not if you're on gold. Different makeup of nutrients, but that's about it. Just something to think about . . .

Re the challenge-I totally blew takeoff, but started the shakes on Wed. and I'm already down about 4 lbs. Nice!

Repo girl
04-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Actually Angelica started a week or so before I did.

deetsmom
04-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Deets--
It looks like you and I are about the same as far as start weight and goal. How tall are you?
I am 5'4. I started at 166 and wore a size 12. I am down to 151 and am wearing 10/8 (I bought two size 8 pants but am not sure if it was a fluke!)
I have my goal at 140, but the COD thinks I should get to 135, I am just afraid that I wouldn't be able to maintain that.
Congratulations on your weight loss! Is the Center hleping you with Maintennance?
STACY

Im 5'4 too. I started in a size 18/20 after the birth of my third son, Im now in a comfortable 4. During maintennance you will fluctuate up as much as 5lb, so you might want to go to 135 to have some breathing room (??) I also weigh more than my original goal of 132 since I started back exercising, yet my clothes fit even better.

deetsmom
04-21-2006, 08:25 PM
You know-for many people who are close to goal-TO may not work that well.

I couldnt agree with you more...it seems like a good quick fix sometimes, but its really for getting you back on track if you've been off, according to my center, at least.

emmysmom
04-21-2006, 09:06 PM
We have almost as many variations going as we do people! This is funny! Stiesta, I am not doing TO either, but I am going to do 10 days of shakes, 2 days OP, etc... When we get close to the end, we should start a new thread with results, and which version of the challenge we followed. I think Katie and Tina are the front-runners, and will finish first.

What d'ya say ladies?

Sounds great to me! LOL I think we're all going to be very happy at the end of this challenge. This week has actually been full of compliments from friends and co-workers...people are really starting to notice my weight loss. My DH is very proud of me, but he said that I'll need to deflate my ego a bit to fit my head through the door:) With all these compliments, I can't wait to see what the scale says. Wouldn't it be incredibly awesome if over these 4 weeks I completely miss the 140's and WI in the 130's!!! Who knows..time will tell.
You're all doing a fantastic job! Keep up the good work!

Dairy Fairy
04-21-2006, 09:45 PM
deets-SO excited that your clothes are fitting better even though you are technically up a few pounds from where you were before.

TO is GREAT for cravings, but I don't believe it speeds up weight loss for a minute. I always notice the week or two following I stay stuck for a while.

Tina...that's great that so many are noticing. I honestly don't get comliments from anyone but my sister, my friend Shannon, DH, and my MIL and FIL. MY BIL, FSIL, and all of the rest of our friends don't even mention I look different. Maybe the 150s will be what it takes for people to do a double take. It makes me feel like most people don't even SEE me as a woman, but just as Erik's wife. Maybe that's silly, but that's what I feel like after almost 40 lbs and people say NOTHING.

deetsmom
04-21-2006, 11:13 PM
deets-SO excited that your clothes are fitting better even though you are technically up a few pounds from where you were before.

TO is GREAT for cravings, but I don't believe it speeds up weight loss for a minute. I always notice the week or two following I stay stuck for a while.

Tina...that's great that so many are noticing. I honestly don't get comliments from anyone but my sister, my friend Shannon, DH, and my MIL and FIL. MY BIL, FSIL, and all of the rest of our friends don't even mention I look different. Maybe the 150s will be what it takes for people to do a double take. It makes me feel like most people don't even SEE me as a woman, but just as Erik's wife. Maybe that's silly, but that's what I feel like after almost 40 lbs and people say NOTHING.

Post some before and afters, WE WILL CERTAINLY VALIDATE YOU, you skinny thang!!!!!

deetsmom
04-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Also, I think sometimes people dont know what to say...Ive found that a lot. Ive run into people who scream at me and say I am unrecognizeable and then there are people who literally give me the eyeball up and down and I KNOW what they are thinking but they "um, hi:)" me and dont say a word. Ive also had people say in the past that they didnt want to insult me, LOL! Um, I KNOW I used to be fatter, come on! No insult there, LOL!!!

sznn
04-21-2006, 11:27 PM
girls - it is 8:30 here and I have had 3 drinks - 3 chicken wings and there is a pizza in the oven ....I am sure there is a slice with my name on it.

Cest' la vie - have to live a little sometime.
Back on the wagon tomorrow.
I'm sure I will be remorsefull when I step on tell all scale.

Siesta/Rebeca - I am happy to hear you are doing a modified as well. I think just some days with the shake replacement help to shake things up (no pun intended)

Hope everyone is having a better POP day than me:D
-S

aggie2006
04-22-2006, 06:42 AM
tina and katie~
you girls are killing all of us softly...the curiosity...it hurts!
on a serious note, you guys are an inspiration...i cant wait to start the challenge...

dairy fairy~
i dont know how thats possible...they must notice...maybe their pride is too big to compliment you...but know inside that you look great and you will penetrate that to others...

Dairy Fairy
04-22-2006, 09:28 AM
who knows...maybe they'll think that is like amitting they thought I was fat??? I any case, a "you look so happy" or "did you cut your hair?" would go a long way at this point !

I'm hosting a bbq for one of the families in our playgroup who is moving...Let's hope I can stick to fruit salad and a grilled chicken breast, b/c I have had a special request for my Paula Deen brownies...

dolphn545
04-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Well ladies -- I am jumping on the band wagon today. Went to WI, and came home with the fast forward juice. They gave me the "limited" version of foods. Not sure if I like that idea, but, I will try it out and stick with it for today & tomorrow!

Repo girl
04-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Yay Sherrie! You can do it!

sznn
04-22-2006, 11:27 AM
No more boozin' for sznn.
Scale was up almost a whole pd this AM.:(
Not going to beat myself up though - I had fun - back on the wagon.

-S

angelica1674
04-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Actually Angelica started a week or so before I did.
Yes but I ruined mine with my vacation so I started over this week So you are the front runner

stacyj
04-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Suzn-
I was like you yesterday!! Ended up going "out" with a few friends after work. Just had a few drinks, but still....would be better if I didn't have any!
I also had fun and today is a new day. My child is sick, so I won't be doin' any partin here hahah

***Have any of you ever made spaghetti squash? I am baking one now. Curious about putting spaghetti sauce/tomato sauce on it. Probably not a good idea ???

dolphn545
04-22-2006, 12:40 PM
stacyj - do you have the new cookbook? In it has spag squash parm.
I'll post recipe just in case:

Spaghetti Squash Parmesan
Makes 1 serving
Counts as 1V, 1S

1/2 c. spaghetti squash, cooked
2 T light tomato sauce
1 T grated Parmesan cheese

place squash on micro safe plate
top with cheese and sauce
heat 1 - 2 minutes.

stacyj
04-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Sherry--
THANK YOU!
No I don't have the cookbook, but it sounds like it is good. I should get one!

Dairy Fairy
04-22-2006, 02:10 PM
stacy...spaghetti squash is the only way I eat spaghetti. My DH actually prefers it to pasta. Make sur eyou don't overcook it or it will be too watery and soft.

love2eat
04-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Juliemarie- I am on the gold plan and it only allows 2P total.

Sherry- You are going to do great!

Suzn- I did the same thing last night and feel the same way today! I saved 2 starches for 2 light beers but ended up having about 5. My belly hates me today and I am back on the wagon! After my loss this past week I continue to be encouraged and know that if I drink my lemon water and hang in there I will not be hurt. I am STAYING AWAY from the scales until Monday!

Everyone doing the challenge---good luck and hang in there!

I had some LA slimdowns I didn't know I had. I tried to drink one yesterday and it was absolutely DISGUSTING!! I think it might have been bad! ANyone else think they are yucky or was mine just bad? I am definitely going back to my SF High Protein. They are YUMMY!

love2eat
04-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Question--when I was going to my COD, if I had weight gain, she would encourage me to do the herbal laxative tea. Isn't that kinda like purging? I did it the first time and lost weight, but hind sight tells me that might not have been a good idea. Does anyone else's COD tell them to do this when the scale goes up? That is something I did when my eating disorder was full blown so I don't think it's a good thing. What do you guys think?

dolphn545
04-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Steph - my COD is big on encouraging hot lemon water, which acts as a natural diuretic. When I felt bloated with TOM, that's what they suggested. It has also saved my a$$$ from easter weekend, with all the extra sodium I had!!

Boo'sMom
04-22-2006, 03:45 PM
I hope your slimdowns were just bad because I think they are delicious!

LadyIzzy
04-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Hello all of you challengers, I'm back on track and all of the jellybeans should be out of my system by now.

Today's food so far
PSF - B: Atkins Advantage blended with 3/4 c. of cantaloupe and ice cubes
1/2D S: LA Lite, 4oz. yogurt
pVV - L: Shrimp salad (5 shrimp, 1/4 c. cucumber, 1/4 c. tomato), ff drsing

intending to have
F - S: apple
PVVS D: 7oz. tilapia, 3/4 c. steamed spinach, 1/4 c. baby carrots, 3 melbas
FS - S: mixed fruit cup, 1/2 c. lf ice cream

I thought I read/heard someplace that you should try to have your starches as early in the day as possible. Did I dream that, or did anyone else read/hear that someplace. Nevertheless, I need to revamp mine.

Boo'sMom
04-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Bre--I was told to try to get them in early, too. Guess it makes sense so you can burn them off in the day. (?). I'm sure there's a reason someone can enlighten us about.