Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #1  
Wanna B A Hot Mama!

S/C/G: 286/208/150

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Arrgh!! Pants Still Too Tight!!

I have lost almost 20 lbs and my jeans that were tight before are still too tight to wear. Is it because I'm so heavy and I need to lose more to fit in to them? I'm still in a size 20 but I have some size 18 jeans that I can get up and button but I won't be able to breathe all day.
I also need to know if anyone has ever bought Seven 7 jeans from Lane Bryants. I bought a pair in Feb and they are a size 20 but they fit just like my size 18s that I have been trying to wear. I really don't think I will get to wear them before this summer and I hope to be smaller than a 20 after the summer is over. Could these jeans be made small because they are designer jeans. I paid $89.50 for them and I really want to wear them or I'll end up selling them in a yardsale for $10.
butterfly28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #2  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

More than likely they are made small. I tried to buy a pair of Pamela Anderson jeans when I was a size 11 and *her* size 13's i couldnt get past my butt. Then I got to a 7 and the 13's were still tight. I was just like whatever Pam. Obviously they werent meant for girls who actually have a shape.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Yeah a lot of it has to do with the maker of the jeans Ive got one pair of midrise 8's that fit great but then I have a pair of size 10's same cut different brand... and it just isnt gonna happen.. could wear them but the button would surely pop off at some point during the day. And when I was heavier I had some 14's fit wonderfully then a pair of 16's that my mom dumped off on me were to small Just hang in there those are some expensive jeans try to use em as motivation, hang em up so you have to see them all the time.
Lady Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:24 PM   #4  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

I've lost 26 lbs so far and I'm just now starting to get into jeans I couldn't even zip up when I first started. They are still a little tight (too tight to enjoy wearing out in public). I know for me when I first start losing weight it takes a long time to change sizes. Then it gets quicker and quicker.

Just keep working at it and you'll be able to fit in them comfortably in no time. If not there is always eBay. Just kidding! hehehe
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #5  
mostly harmless

It all depends on where most of your weight is carried and where you are losing it from first. I've lost 21 pounds, and it was mostly carried in my hips, butt and thighs. Most of the weight has gone from that zone, and I'm now wearing size 16 jeans and contemplating moving into 14s soon (I was in 18's) I can't really fit into the smaller shirts I want to wear now, but I can step down on the jeans size.

It's a very individual thing, about how your body decides where to use the fat stores from.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I think I tried on that same brand at Lane Bryant, they were impossibly small. At least they weren't those Jessica Simpson plus size jeans they had at Avenue, I am a size 16, and I went up to a 20 in her jeans, and of course when you go up 2 sizes nothing fits the way it's supposed to.

Maria is right, it's very individual how and where we lose weight. You will get into them! And even if it summer when you get into them, you can roll them up and get a nice cuffed capri

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #7  
210 / 193 / 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaOfColumbia
It all depends on where most of your weight is carried and where you are losing it from first... It's a very individual thing, about how your body decides where to use the fat stores from.
I absolutely agree. The last place I lose weight from is the hip/thigh/bum area. There are women on this forum who are 30 pounds heavier than I am, who wear a size smaller jeans, because their weight isn't distributed like mine. But eventually, our bodies will get around to using up the fat in our problem areas, whatever those areas are. Don't get discouraged, Butterfly. Keep up the good work, and you'll get into those jeans sooner or later.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #8  
Wanna B A Hot Mama!

S/C/G: 286/208/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm really big around my lower part, being my thighs, definately my stomach, and hips. I believe that I'm losing all my weight on my butt. I think maybe the 10 lbs came off of each cheek. That is the only place that my jeans are loose at all, must be all the walking and using my elliptical.
Atleast I'll be known for something. The big gal with the nice butt LOL!
butterfly28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:36 AM   #9  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Dont worry..like everyone is saying we all lose weight in differnt places. Ive gone down 3 pant sizes but only 1 shirt size. I've lost 41 pounds. In some pants I wear 20 and in some I wear 16. Just depends on the brand/cut/and if they are womens or juniors.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:47 AM   #10  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Ive struggled with weight since puberty... and only last month did I finally give the finger to designers and their willy-nilly sizing strategies, and lay my clothes down and measure them with a tape measure. That is the bottom line, so to speak. Size 10, 14, whatever. Inches are inches and they cant be fudged.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:35 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

It's not only the brand... but someone who used to work in a clothing factory told me this and I assume it is true or at least was as it was a long time ago. But she said even the same brand and same size run differently because they cut them in huge stacks... so the ones on the bottom of the stack end up being slightly larger than those on top, etc. Or if someone does a seam a bit wrong the will just cut off the edge and start over... so one leg could even be a little smaller than the other, etc. I swear this is true that she said this... she worked in a very well known jeans maker factory!!! Since then I have always tried on every pair even if I am buying two or three of the same size and brand, etc.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:45 AM   #12  

Brand names do matter is so many things including shoes! Sometime I take shoe size 9 and sometimes it's 9 1/2. And we do lose weight in different places at different times during the diet. Does anyone else lose the weight in the boobs first like I do? Go figure.
crisco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

yeah, i have to agree with every thing that has been said. I've lost 25 pounds so far, and i am just now moving down into some 14 jeans i have. i think alot of my weight has come from my hips and thighs. my hips seem to keep getting smaller, but my waist is not going very fast. but it does take time. it will happen...you just have to be patient. I am waiting for my arms to not be so fat at the top. it's almost embarressing for me to wear something sleeveless or almost sleeveless....but i do it anyways. today i am actually wearing a size 12/14 black crocheted tank top from wal-mart. a month or two ago i would have automatically picked up a 16/18. i am so excited to be wearing a smaller top. i consider myself between sizes right now. a 14 and 16. my 16 jeans are baggy and i have to pull them up everytime i stand up, but sometimes my 14's feel alittle tight in the waist but baggy in the thighs.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #14  
Mel

Sevens are cut really narrow in the thighs. I've tried on just about every style they make and haven't found a single one that fits me, no matter what size, and my thighs aren't particularly big. I don't know about the ones sold at Lane Bryant, but the ones sold at other department store are cut for TALL women with stick legs and no butt.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I fell into the 'skinny fat' trap. When I dumped a bunch of weight quickly, it was muscle mass and stuff but I still had flabby gluck around my middle. I had a pair of shorts that fit beautifully when I bought them (130 lbs) that I could not do up at 124 lbs.
This time ... I'm losing slower, lifting weights and eating good food. My middle is shrinking too. But I think I pitched those sinful shorts
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote