LA Weight Loss - Honey I'm home...

View Full Version : Honey I'm home...

Boo'sMom
04-12-2006, 07:17 PM
What's everyone having for dinner?? Love to get some new ideas. We are having turkey taco salad with salsa and FF sour cream--YUM. Prefer beef but trying to be good. Notice it's NOT chicken. I haven't had prunes in 2 days and I am actually more regular--doesn't seem right.

dolphn545
04-12-2006, 07:23 PM
had a salad, chicken with hot sauce & FF bleu cheese.

pinkflamingo68
04-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Beer-can chicken on the grill...broccolli w/lt. swiss melted on top.

How was NASCAR? Did ya'll have fun?

I'm in Fort Worth and our traffic was INSANE!

Ange

Repo girl
04-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Hamburgers on the grill and a big salad.

Boo'sMom
04-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Ange--he loved it!! was like a little boy. I stayed in Rockwall (& Garland) so it wasn't bad for me but he was basically on the road getting to and from longer than he was actually at the race!

How long do you leave your chicken on the grill? We tried this little stand from Walmart and it was a pain in the butt but my sis has a cool grate the size of a cookie sheet with welded things for the can and she has no problem--want one like hers before I try it again.

Boo'sMom
04-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Katie--do you just save your starches or go bunless?

ljackson
04-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Grilled chicken & asparagus, on spinach salad with Newman's sesame ginger drsg.
I have 1 starch and 1 fruit left for today

sznn
04-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Ground chicken curried burger/ sauteed garlic zuchinni - dessert = 1/2 slice of pineapple + 2 twinkies (ha ha, just seeing if you are paying attention - twinkies are actually illegal here in Canada)

-S

pinkflamingo68
04-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Boos-

We use the little beer-can stand from WalMart - the beer can fits in it, DH sets the whole thing on aluminum foil with the edges turned up. He smokes it - not grills fast - for 2 hours or so - depending on the heat, then finishes it up in the oven to make sure the far inside bits are done. The beer evaporated and keeps it so moist, but it takes a while, so we do it on days we're doing yardwork, hanging outside with dogs, or just the weekend when we are home.

A.

Boo'sMom
04-12-2006, 08:43 PM
sznn--I am addicted to FoodNetwok and just saw the "unwrapped" show on making Twinkies--YYYUUUMMM. Most things don't get to me but making sweets and chips is torture yet I am addicted! I still plan to make heatherpp's asparagus but haven't gotten around to it.

I love hearing what everyone is having--gives me ideas and incentive to cook at home. My taco salad was better than usual--maybe I am getting used to the ground turkey--LOTS of seasoning!

Boo'sMom
04-12-2006, 08:44 PM
A--my stand didn't want to stand!! Sounds great and I will try it again because my sister's always turns out sooo good.

deetsmom
04-12-2006, 09:25 PM
I pan cooked slices of red pepper and brocolli florets with shrimp over brown rice:)

stiesta
04-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Ground chicken curried burger/ sauteed garlic zuchinni - dessert = 1/2 slice of pineapple + 2 twinkies (ha ha, just seeing if you are paying attention - twinkies are actually illegal here in Canada)

-S

Illegal by the law or just illegal by LAWL? (get it, law or LAWL...I think I'm hilarious) Twinkies are illegal for me becuase I LOVE THEM :dizzy:

sznn
04-12-2006, 10:24 PM
they're not really illegal - we love our junkfood here...esp. CHEETOS.
if there were a bowl of Cheetos in front of me I would cave and snarf them all down !! :p

Boo'sMom
04-12-2006, 10:56 PM
stiesta--Yes--very punny--haha--glad to see someone else with a little warped sense of humor--I tend to crack myself up often with my witty self but DH sometimes just doesn't get it! If laughter burns calories why aren't I skinny!!

merem
04-12-2006, 11:12 PM
We had my favorite dinner--4 oz cooked salmon drizzled with 1/2 tsp. olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkled with Mrs. Dash, spinach leaves, 1/2 baked potato with low-fat sour cream, with Morton Lite salt. It was so yummy!

rad7775
04-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Nothing outrageous, pepper steak and small baked potatoe. I was in the mood for steak!

brittyboo07
04-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Wow all your dinners sound so yummy!!! Im doing TO so it was salad and grilled chicken for me!! But i love grilled chicken salad so its all good.

Britt

angelica1674
04-17-2006, 02:15 PM
sznn--I am addicted to FoodNetwok and just saw the "unwrapped" show on making Twinkies--YYYUUUMMM. Most things don't get to me but making sweets and chips is torture yet I am addicted!
I am also an addict!!! My DH doesnt understand it.He says."why do ya want to torture yourself and watch all that food when you cant have it" lol It actually doesnt really bother me.i am living my fantasies through the foodnetwork,lol. Have you been watching the Foodnetwork Star? If so, which one are you voting for? I voted for both cause I like both of them really well.I couldnt deciede a favorite. If it would have been Guy and Carrissa I would have voted for Guy. Guy and Reggie is a toss up!

Boo'sMom
04-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Angelica--my DH says the same thing! I just love watching other people put stuff together--even if it isn't anything I would consider eating! I've never voted but I like Guy (is that the bleached white haired guy?) and the completely bald guy--but he can be a little arrogant--fine line between arrogance and confidence! I could NEVER put myself out there the way people do.

angelica1674
04-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah Guy is the white hair spiked dude. The bald guy and the last female left on last nights two shows.Next sunday is the finale.I am lokking forward to next sunday.there is going to be a challenge to make a completly edible mansion with all the little details too.It looked really interesting on the preview last night.

Boo'sMom
04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I didn't watch last night (and was totally bummed Grey's Anatomy wasn't on!!) so who got booted? The last one I watched the dark haired guy with the pretty eyes left. So only Reggie, bald guy, Guy, and Carissa were left--catch me up! Thanks

angelica1674
04-17-2006, 02:54 PM
There was 2 episodes last night,8pm and 9pm(central). Bald guy left at the 8pm show and Carissa left at the 9pm show.You can go to www.foodnetwork.com and vote for the winner. You can also see both of the demo tapes they did last night at the end of the 9pm show.They each made a main course and a dessert.They were actually on a real set. It looked like a real show.

Repo girl
04-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Angelica- Me and DH LOVE that show. I did not like the bald dude at all. He was so arrogant. I really like Reggie. It has been a toss up for me, too, though. Guy has a great personality, and he is very talented. Reggie seems like the kind of guy I would love to hang out and go shopping with. I think either one of them would be great.

angelica1674
04-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I voted for both.The bald guy reminded me of a child molester or something with that big grin .He was kinda freaky!I just thought there was something very off about him.

Repo girl
04-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Me too. I did like Corissa, but I though she was a little bit snooty, which is a big turn off to me.

angelica1674
04-18-2006, 01:24 PM
She was kinda snooty.I always hated the lines she always said.My favorite from the beginning was Guy,I think he has something different to bring to the foodnetwork,but then Reggie grew on me, hes like a cup of hot chocolate,warm and cozy.He just makes you feel good.