Old 04-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #1  

Default Why do I feel guilty?

Even when I eat a salad, I feel guilty. I am constantly thinking that I'm eating too much, or that the dressing wasn't measured properly and that I put in too much. On a *good* eating day I still can't get passed the feelings of being overweight and it bothers me cuz I know I'm making the right choices for my body and lifestyle.

Does anyone else go through this?
~Shawna~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #2  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

I’m not sayin’ I can really relate, but it sounds like you’re almost afraid of food. That’s understandable as many of us have come to view food as the enemy. Truth is though that we all need food, it is our fuel. You’re eating the right things and the right amount. You’re doing great, you’ve lost 43 lbs! There’s no reason you can’t keep right on losing and food is going to be a part of that process, try not to obsess about it too much and think about all the wonderful things that your body is able to do for you because you’re fueling it properly with the nutrients you need.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:40 PM   #3  

Awww...thanks for that reply. I guess some days I still get depressed about it all and you're right, I probably DO fear food to some degree. Who knows.

Anyway, I appreciate your kind words.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #4  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

Only some foods are evil I keep in mind that for my body to run properly AND burn fat, I have to eat alot of healthy foods. If I don't get enough then it won't be able to burn that awful fat I so want to be gone.

Healthy food is your friend. Junk food is not.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Think of your body like an expensive automobile (and a beautiful one to boot)! Would you feel guilty giving the car gasoline or putting in new oil? You should feel guilty if you DON'T, as then you could run the car into the ground!

Take car of the car by giving the best gasoline for it (for some cars maybe that's premium gas) -- it's not an indulgence but a necessity!

Similarly, feeding your body the best food is not something to feel guilty about, but proud of!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:10 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn
Think of your body like an expensive automobile (and a beautiful one to boot)! Would you feel guilty giving the car gasoline or putting in new oil? You should feel guilty if you DON'T, as then you could run the car into the ground!

Take car of the car by giving the best gasoline for it (for some cars maybe that's premium gas) -- it's not an indulgence but a necessity!

Similarly, feeding your body the best food is not something to feel guilty about, but proud of!
Wow!!! That makes complete sense!! Thanks for that I feel better now.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

You're welcome!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

That does make perfect sense. I too have been afraid of food, and always fear I might get too many carbs or too much fat. I know my history with food and that's what scares me. However, I know that I am making the right choices for my body, eating healthy and exercising. I haven't felt this good and alive for several years.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote