Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #1  

Default the one good thing i did for ME today thread

I don't know about any of you but, i have a very hard time making time to take care of myself. it shouldn't be difficult but i am the type of person who almost always puts anything and everything ahead of me. when the day runs out many times i can't think of a thing that i did just for myself, after a while it gets to me!! so maybe we can post in here the positive stuff we are doing to make a healthier happier lifestyle for ourselves. changing our eating and exercise habits is a very difficult process and many of us beat ourselves up during it. i really need to remind myself daily that this is a positive process!!! so i'll start off. join in if you like, we might get some good ideas from eachother!!

today the one really good thing i did just for me was.... arrange for a ride home from a softball game for DD so i can go to the gym and enjoy my exercise class guilt free tonight!!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Jodi, what a great idea for a thread! It's very timely, as I'm trying to work more "me time" into my life.
Congratulations on fixing up the ride for DD! It's hard to let go from doing everything yourself.

I'll be back as soon as I do something for myself.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Hey this is a great thread!! Thanks Jodi!! We are always beating ourselves up, aren't we? I transplanted many of my seedlings today. I guess it is for myself, but I always hope that someone else gets some enjoyment out of my flowers.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

How nice... lucky you being able to do some garden work, Harpo!

I spent a couple (okay, three) hours playing Cleopatra this evening. I haven't played a computer game in ages, and it was so lovely and mind-numbing. Just what I needed.
Now I'm going to do something else for me. I'm going to take a Trazodone to help me sleep. I'm so anxious lately that I don't even want to sleep for fear I might be "forgetting" to worry about something.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 120

giving my body a long needed break from overeating.
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I planned my food carefully. I'm doing some painting to freshen the house up for spring. It's very easy to run out for a bag of chips or restaurant dinner. So I filled the blender with protein shake and ran down once in a while and had some of that. One time when I was down there I set out a low fat ham steak for supper. Another time I fixed a salad. While we were having supper, I planned the snack I was going to have when I was all done painting for the evening ....
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #7  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

What i'm doing today...
1. I"m going to be binge free
2. I'm giving my body extremely clean food for the day
3. I'm spending some time with good friends.
4. gardening in the sunshine
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:35 PM   #8  

great job everyone!!

today i bought the new issue of prevention mag and read it while laying in bed with my door closed for 1 whole decadent hour!! great article in there about dieting like a guy, by the way, check it out if you get the chance.

you know i read an article a few weeks ago, i don't remember what mag tho. anyway it talked about negative self talk. it said something that really hit home.... if you had a friend that constantly told you that you were fat or a looser or a failure how long would you keep them as your friend?? the answer is not very long!! but we as women have these negative thoughts running through our minds all of the time, and we beat ourselves up all the time. we need to be more nurturing and supportive of ourselves!!! you should be your best friend!!!

keep being good to yourselves ladies!! we are all beautiful, strong, intelligent women! and we need to find good ways to treat ourselves with respect!!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

While supper was cooking last evening, I set aside my painting things and watched an old episode of Family Feud. I relaxed and laughed!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:12 AM   #10  

i drug my tired arse out of bed and went to the Y at 7:30am. feeling good now though!! glad i did it the rest of the weekend will more than likely be focused on everything but me! have a good one everyone and be good to YOU!!
Old 04-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #11  

finally today i did a nice thing just for me!! this evening it was just me for dinner. the boys are with DH shopping for man stuff, and DD is off playing softball. i very easily could of gone to the closest drive through and ate until my heart was content. i mean no one was watching i could of very easily gotten away with it. instead i came home from work and made myself a very nice dinner, chicken breast with sauteed peppers and garlic and spinach, a small sweet potato and a nice warm coffee to top it all off. i sat at the table and enjoyed this very healthy dinner and was very happy knowing i loved myself enough to take care of ME!
Old 04-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #12  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I went to my pre-op surgical appt. today. My daughter and I took a little extra time for shopping. Bought her a pretty shawl to wear with her strapless dress that she is wearing to the opera next week. Bargain shopped and bought myself 3 shirts. Came home and weeded my flower beds and watered all my pretty flowers, that I had diligently planted a few weeks ago. I love having some out door time everyday. Tonite, gonna just play on computer and watch TV. Back to exercise tomorrow night.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:49 PM   #13  
omeomy

S/C/G: 275/269.5/155

My son and i went for a long walk.
ogibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:50 PM   #14  

that is great!! it is so important to be good to yourself!

lily good luck with the surgery!
Old 04-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Today...I ate as healthy as I could, and took a long walk. Big for me, as I am lazy as ****. lol
cardsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote