Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-10-2006, 09:27 PM   #1  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

Talking Treadmill users.....

I think we need a post about People who use a treadmill

I been using it for about 3 weeks now.

I did tonight:

3,10 Miles
1,38 fat
444 cals
138-150 Hb

In 50 Minutes... Incline and flat jogging and walking between 3,5-4,2

iam exhaustet!!!!!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #2  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

HI Jasmin, I agree! A treadmill thread is a great idea.

I've been working out on it for.. 3 weeks? 4? Something like that. I absolutely love it.

My goal is.. well you see my signature.. those are treadmill miles. Currently I usually walk at intervals of 2.4-3.6 mph at 2-7% incline. The mill automatically changes the speed and incline for me.. so I am free to dream, watch a movie, or whatever. When it gets really hard I can do neither.. I'm just saying ''come on, come on, ...hoo ha ha.. hoo ha.. .. " Until I can finally get reprieve by a slower speed/ incline.

Mostly, I try to do between 2-4 miles a day. If I am not feeling well I still get on but take it easy and just stroll for a mile or so. Some days I want to work out on it so bad I am almost tempted to leave work early! hehe
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:20 AM   #3  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Ok, here's a question from a complete naive idiot when it comes to exercise I've tried my best to avoid it over the years, but as I'm getting older I do realise that it's a necessity I'm going to have to deal with.

I've read so many posts about people using treadmills, and actually enjoying this form of exercise ... and some even becoming addicted to it?! Well, I have the opportunity to use one on a regular basis ... the apartment complex where I live has a gym which I never make use of and I know I should.

Anyway, my question is, how often and for how long should I use a treadmill, and do they give good results if used regularly? How long would it take to start seeing results? Which part of my body will I see results ... just the legs, or anywhere else?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:14 AM   #4  
The Beauty of Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat in Hong Kong
Anyway, my question is, how often and for how long should I use a treadmill, and do they give good results if used regularly? How long would it take to start seeing results? Which part of my body will I see results ... just the legs, or anywhere else?Nichola
I saw results right away. The first time I was on. I came off feeling great. But it did take me a few weeks to form the habit. A fun and welcomed part of my routine.

How often you use it depends upon you. Some people use it for 15 minutes as a warm-up. Others their entire hour of cardio. I'd advise you though to look into other forms of exercise as well as the mill like strength training or you'll end up flabby. I already see pleasant signs of reducing all over my body. Legs, buttocks, waist, belly, arms, .. I hope none of it is reduced muscle, though I suspect some of it just might be.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:36 AM   #5  
Big Momma!

I dropped 4 lbs,in 2 weeks. that was at 3,1 mph and holding on (yeah I didnt know any better;lol)

Iam adding up my Miles as u did jayde,,,to see hw many I come up with.
Did u decided on just so many miles if so how did ya decide?Like 150 Miles,how did u come with this number?

iam trying to figure out this how many miles,.....
Old 04-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #6  
Cuban Cutie

S/C/G: 250/233.8/150

I do it twice a day .. 30-45 mins in the AM and 45-60 mins in the PM - it's about 5 miles/day .. I've been lazy this week and only doing it once / day .. I need to kick my butt back in gear !
Mrs SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

I *heart* my treadmill. I usually do 45-60 mins @ 3.0 mph to 4.5 mph. Its probably the easiest way to get your cardio in
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #8  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

I have a treadmill and never use it, at least not recently I think it's a great idea to start a thread just for treadmill users all the treadmills are different though so how should we post and what?! what a great idea to get my butt on the treadmill! thanks!
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:29 PM   #9  
Big Momma!

I think we can just post,
Miles
cals
time

Incline can be posted however my treadmill will not tell me what my incline is, so I cant help with that.

Maybe we can set some goals.....month per month..Dunt know
Anyone have any ideas? I love my teadmill hate it for the first 5 minutes tho...after that Iam ok. Anyone else go through that?

Anyway I think we got a good start just letting others know what we did today and give eachother the extra boost we sometimes need I know I DO !!
Old 04-12-2006, 12:01 AM   #10  
The Beauty of Balance

Hi Jasmin, well... I set my June 1st goal by first getting on the mill for several days to see what I could handle. I was really shocked to discover that about 3 miles at the incline I started with was attainable.

So I decided that if I usually do about 3 miles a day, a weekly goal of between 10-15 miles (at specified incline) was reasonable. I like a weekly goal better than daily, because if I can't get my workout in.. or if I am not feeling well and can only do a little, I do not feel guilty. I know I just have to make up the difference later.

So my time frame for June 1st was 10 weeks. I just multiplied with the upper end of my goal: 10 weeks X 15 miles per week = 150 miles