Old 04-10-2006, 07:41 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Arrow need YOUR opinion, please!!!!!!

Hey chicks! I have an awesome job interview tomorrow. It is for a nutritionist position that may include some personal training. It is a great opportunity, right up my alley and plus pays great and I really really really want it. I am trying to put together a portfolio so I can really impress her. I posted a question on my blog (which there is a link for in my sig), the question is, should I include some before and after pics? I have made it up and printed it out. It is on an 8.5x11 peice of pic paper and shows the dates. It looks really nice, there are 2 before and 2 after (or "work in progress" pics). It only says the dates I didn't put any other writing on it. I was thinking it could be a good idea to put in the portfolio because it shows that I have lost weight myself, have made my own plans and all that, so I think in a way it shows my capability. I am not sure, I want to but I don't want to feel like it's inappropriate or something.

So what is your opinion, please be honest!!! I know you will anyway, but just wanted to make sure you knew it won't hurt my feelings either way!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:00 PM   #2  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

I would include it! Just shows that you know what your doing, and have applied it to youself, not just read about it and dictate you know what i mean?
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Definitely include it. Showing that you have lost weight too shows that you know where the people you want to help are coming from, and can talk to them from their point of view. I think the people going to a nutritionist would appreciate that you were once like them, so you won't look down on them and you're proof that what you're saying works!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:51 PM   #4  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

first of all - congrats on the interview!

ok, honestly my first feeling was to not include any images. maybe it is just me. i hate the idea of having to submit personal information at interviews and really it is none of there business and should not influence their decision.

on the other hand, it will show that you created a program for yourself, stuck to it (so can motivate), and are just about to maintain. it may show them exactly what they are looking for. i think definately tell them about your weight loss and how you did it - take in your nutritional and exercise programs. perhaps have the pics available if they ask or say, "i hope to meet with you again soon and you might like to look at my before and after pics". if you can intice them anyway to meet you again it is a good thing.

do you have any programs that you have done for other people that you can take? if you can show that you can be objective for another person (that you don't know as well as yourself) it may also help.

mmmm, not really sure. sorry about the indecisiveness.

all the best of luck
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #5  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I say include it. One of my pet peeves about my doctor is that she is overweight and is always preaching to me about losing weight. I want to say to her (but I don't) "Hey doc, what exactly are YOU doing?" LOL. Anyway, I think that showing how successful you are will only help. Good luck! Hope you get the job!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:29 PM   #6  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Personally, I would love to have someone help me with my nutrition that has been through the ups and downs of weightloss. I think it would give you an edge, that little special something that you can give to clients that someone who hasn't had to go through weight loss issues could.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #7  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I would definitely say include it. I mean II do not think you have anything to worry about but I know you are self conscious and worried about her not hiring you because you are not what you see as in fitness trainer shape...those pics will let her know how far you have come and that you know what you are doing.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:36 PM   #8  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

The job that you are applying for touchs people on a personal level. I think it would be totally appropriate to include your pics. What better proof that you know what your talking about then your own results. I totally agree that I would much rather receive advice from someone that has been through the struggles of getting in shape, then someone who has always been athletic, and has never had to overcome like you have.

All the best for you, and I hope you get the job!
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #9  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Thanks for all the feedback! I am going to iclude them. I'll let you know how it turned out.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote