Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #152

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #152

Happy Canuk
04-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Candice - hope you are feeling ok after your accident. Glad you are out working in your garden. I know how much you enjoy that. Won't be that long, and you will have little flowers coming through.

Meme - SHUT YOUR MOUTH!! Sit and bite your tongue if you have to. The old saying "the more you do, the more that they expect you to do" holds especially true in church groups. Not everybody contributes like they should and it usually falls on the same people - ALL OF THE TIME.

I guess Mima is on her way back home. Hope her trip is uneventful.

Hi Joanne and Tammy. Hope you are all having a nice day.

Meme - I am hurting like you. The change of the seasons, epecially Winter to Spring, is sooooo hard on this old body of mine. After a fairly dry winter, we have had a lot of humidity and that causes pain for me. Hope you will soon feel better.

I sent my taxes in in March and got my check back. In fact, I believe I have already spent it:D

Happy Canuk
04-10-2006, 04:37 PM
HAPPY EASTER

http://scratch.amishhosting.com/egg.swf

Joanne D
04-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Meme- It is still a struggle for me to keep my mouth shut.. I stick my foot in it all the time..My hubby keeps saying DON"T ANSWER THEM!But if I don't defend myself ?Who will?We are having a problem with a family member and he says he will talk to them from now on . So that they can't upset me.I doubt that is going to work. Some people believe what they want to no matter what you say.
Happy- If you and Meme didn't start a new thread it would just go on and on. I tried once and made a mess of it. I think Meme had to fix it. Our taxes are mailed and we had to pay! I don't think we have ever had a refund.We had a short rain shower this week. 5-10 minutes. Not enough.
Tammy- I learned a long time ago to say NO. I used to be the one called on because everyone knew I would make the time no matter what to help. I finally had to start saying no as soon as the phone rang so that when I got to the phone it was imprinted in my mind.Believe me ,You can never do enough.People forget what you do ,but, not what they have done or asked of you.
Hello Candice- I am so glad you didn't get hurt in your car accident. Shook up I am sure.
Joanne

Tammy
04-10-2006, 07:32 PM
We got our tax check back today! Woo Hoo!! That will help pay for our Disney trip in June.

Went to the chiro after school. He thought things were much better today than when I went to him last week. I had to agree. I guess I should go more often.

Tammy
04-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Where is everyone? We are now officially on spring break. We go back to school next Wednesday.

Water aerobics class was fun as usual. This was the last class for this session, so we all went out for pizza afterwards!! lol That was fun too because we just sat and talked. A couple of the women know my brother, and another woman knows my husband's cousin and his family. Small world!!

Mima
04-13-2006, 05:57 AM
Did you miss me???? We had a great trip home-very relaxed. We took 77 all the way through VA. It was beautiful. But I have stomache pains and my house is a mess!!!!
Glad you are having a discussion about saying no. DIL insinuated that she needed help with her 4 year old and I only suggested that she get her husband to help. I never volunteered but of course I am feeling guilty. I don't do well with insinuated. The little girl is adorable but totally undisciplined. And I sure am exhausted from the trip and it will take me days to settle in. First food.
Hi to everyone. Sure is nice to have my DSL back. Mima

Joanne D
04-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Mima- Glad you had a safe trip home. I wouldn't take on a small child either. I just Let them feel that I am too old to do it.:D When mine were small and it got too much,I looked for a day care. A few hours or days a week sure made life better.Then my G/children came along. That was another story. I wore myself out trying to help.I could never do that again.
Tammy- Enjoy your break. You will need all your energy to finish out the year. It is nice here now.. Not too hot but still no rain except for that short one last week. I don't know how anyone can stand Disney World in the summer. It is really hot there then.I was there once and it rained. That was the only time I enjoyed it. I always take a big hat and a fan ,when I go to those places. You will be glad you did.
Hello Meme, Happy and Candice.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY
JOANNE

Tammy
04-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Welcom back Mima!! Glad that you had a nice trip. I'm sure you are tired, so get some rest. SAY NO! lol

Joanne, we've been to Disney in the summer before, so we know what we're up against. We're staying at one of the Disney resorts so I'll be able to go back when I need to and rest. Already planning to get a wheelchair. Bob and Tim decided on that, and I'm willing to ride if they are willing to push. I know if I try to walk all the time I'll be in terrible pain.

Happy Canuk
04-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Good afternoon.

Mima - glad you had a good trip home.Of course, you were missed. Now you can get ready for the summer. I don't blame you for NOT wanting to look after an unruly child. They can drive you nuts.

Tammy - hope you are enjoying your days off. I love water aerobics - it's a good workout and it's fun.

Joanne - Hello. I know you are keeping busy, because you always are. How is your back doing?

Having a houseful for Easter Sunday. Have to go out and get a Turkey and a few hundred other things:dizzy: Hope you all have a nice Easter weekend.

Happy Canuk
04-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Here's a link for an Emergency Medical Identification form. It is pretty good.

http://www.medids.com/free-id.php

Mima
04-14-2006, 05:56 AM
Good morning and thank you for the well wishes. Had my haircut yesterday, did a huge shopping, went to Walmart. Didn't have enough energy to go to church but we will go tonight. I can go slower today.
Tammy-when you are in a wheelchair-you get to go ahead in line. We go with Alison-I always feel guilty but she deserves it.
We are having a big chicken. We just had ham for Mike's bd. Had a lovely piece of ham last night. It will only be Suzanne for dinner. Bobby is going to brunch.
I have a weird pain in my side. I have an ingrown toenail and Walmart had nothing. I can only wear sandals.If it's not one thing, it's 6. Right Tammy!!!
Brad got a call to work yesterday. So he has to go back out this morning. But he will make a little money and we need to pay the guy to demolish the apartment so he can rebuild.
Bye for now, Mima

Tammy
04-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Mima, I just told Tim I need to make an appointment to get my haircut. I can imagine how much shopping you had to do!
I'm concerned about the wheelchair because I know that I don't "look" sick. I'm sure people will wonder about that.

We're having ham for Easter. Not sure what else!! It will just be the 3 of us. Both of my brothers will be at their in-laws.

Have a great day everyone!!

Mima
04-15-2006, 06:41 AM
Hi-did too much yesterday and ended up being mad at Brad because I was sensitive. That's a good reason not to work too hard. Course, he's tired and was upset with me. Felt like I had PMS.
My daughter is very happy with her new relationship. He really seems like a nice guy. He has type one diabetes but he keeps it under control. Got it when he was four. That must be hard.
Tammy, the trouble with fibro is that you look healthy and people can't see your pain. I get worn out at Disney but I volunteered to keep Evan while he was sleeping. But you probably will enjoy it much more if you are in a chair-plus Bob and Tim.
Went to a service last night at Brads's church-people were glad to see us. MY BIL is having a party tonight. She invited 80 people!!! Bought 2 good t=shirts at Cracker Barrel.
Happy Easter all!! Mima We are 3 also.

Tammy
04-16-2006, 06:37 AM
Mima, I'm happy for your daughter. Hope things work out for the best for her and her new guy!! I know I'll get tired even in the chair at Disney. I'm so glad we're staying onsite so I can go back to the room if needed. I've also been told that I can go to the first aid places and rest when needed. 80 people for a party! Wow!!

Happy Easter Everyone!!

Mima
04-17-2006, 07:34 AM
But 80 people didn't come. We saw one of Brad's old friends. He and his wife taught in my old town and had my kids in school-small world. We had a nice Easter-went to my church at 8 and Brad's at 11. Nice ti be missed and nice to be greeted by peoplr that know you. At least the Sunday school class is welcoming.
We have 70 music stations on satellite radio on our tv=at least 3 Christian ones. That was a nice surprise.
Brad wants to set up another tv but we haven't much room-bigger house but our huge living room takes up space. We will figure it out.
He is going to do yardwork today and then start on deck. Nice dinner-oven stuffer. My daughter looks great-she;s lost 25 lbs. Her mother needs to lose 6. Hope everyone had a nice Easter!!. Mima

Joanne D
04-17-2006, 07:02 PM
We had a quiet Easter. Louie and I went out to eat and then was invited to our son's for desert.. Ijust have to get back in line with my eating. The trouble is Orthodox Easter is this coming weekend. We are going to our daughters for that. There will be too much food and not enough will power.
I didn't sleep last night. I let things upset me and then I can't sleep. Silly me. My daughter says tomorrow is another day.. Sometimes I feel if I could excape to the backwoods or somewhere where there are no issues I would LOVE IT!I don't think there is such a place...
Hello everybody...Joanne

Tammy
04-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Mima, congrats to your daughter on losing 25 pounds! How did she do it? Has to be nice to be back around so many familiar faces.

Joanne, I will go with you somewhere where there are no issues!! One night last week I seriously considered driving to the other house and just sleeping on the couch that night. Nothing super bad had happened, but I just felt like I wanted to get away. I changed my mind when I remembered that the couches were in the garage with stuff stacked on top of them. So much for that idea!! I'm with you about getting things under control. Bob even said today that he has to do something. I know he has put on some weight (maybe the beer???).

Today was my 2nd time for therapy on my back. Trying to get my muscles stretched out. On some of the exercises, I have trouble with my right leg, and on others the left leg causes the problems. They think maybe I've been trying to alleviate my back pain by walking a certain way, and that has just messed me up. The doctor's office called to discuss my back x-ray results, but I had just left for therapy. I'll call in the morning and try to get some info.

Mima
04-18-2006, 05:58 AM
My back problem originates in my legs, Sometimes I go down my calves with my fingers and they hurt a lot . My right leg is worse, My other masseuse told me that. I went for a walk last night but had to come home because my ingrown toenail was hurting!!!I try to keep a small piece of cotton wedged under it.
Suzanne belongs to WW on line. It's not as expensive and she logs in her food everyday and weighs in on Friday. She also goes to the gym a lot-She is more motivated this time than she's ever been.
I called Jessica last night and she hadn't filed her taxes. Her dysfunctional mother said she had 3 years to file. I told her she can't get her money if she doesn't and to go to the PO today and get the forms and I will help her over the phone. It never stops . She knew that she had to do it-just has no one to guide her, Next year, I will ask her earlier. She lives in the next state.
Well, rheumo today. And I tried to call other doc but they were off yesterday. So I will call safter the first appt-they are very close together, I bet they will let me come in. Stomache of course. And I will throw in the ingrown toenail.
Joanne, I know what you mean about worry. Someone said to put it all in a bag and give it to God. Sometimes I say the Our Father over and over again to help me go back to sleep.
Bye for now Mima

Joanne D
04-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Mima- I doubt even God would want some of my problems...I fixed my ingrown toe nail.. I cut the corner of the nail that was hurting and pulled the ingrown out. Only hurt for a minute. The next morning I didn't know I ever had it.So far so good. I know it will grow back and I will have to do it again. better than the pain.
Tammy..I often want to run away but something stops me..South Beach diet is a Good way to lose weight. I lost 60 lbs with WW before I joined TOPS. Then 14 more on SB. It is easier if you can get your family to do it with you. My hubby was pretty good but I had to cook different for him. I still do sometimes. He wants his carbs.Carbs are my biggest problem. I need to get back my motivation and buckle down..I am trying to get back to my walking. I used to walk 3-4 miles a day. I haven't walked in months. No excuse. I have a fancy Treadmill and beachs near by.I get busy and the time goes by. I will have to schedule like I did before.Be accountable...Write it down.Maybe if I do some of that ,I might not run away..:D
Hello Meme- How was your Easter?
Joanne

Tammy
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Mima, I've considered rejoining WW. I know it would help keep me "honest" with my journaling if I had to weigh in each week. I have had ingrown toenails before and they HURT!! Hope you are able to see the doctor. Take care of yourself!!

Joanne, you should go take care of Mima's toe. Then you could visit!! I agree about SB diet. I did that for a few months and lost quite a bit. Over the past year, I've put about half of it back on. I know the meds are part of the problem, but I'm a part of the problem too. The water aerobics classes are helping me with the exercise. Also since we moved, it's much easier to walk. There is a sidewalk here!! I feel safer not walking on a highway.

My rheum. called today about the x-rays that I had done. She said it is arthritis. I was hoping that they would find something that could be fixed. I've been a bit down most of the day, but I'm just going to have to do something about it.

Today was our last day of spring break. Back to the old grind tomorrow. I'm sure the kids will be thrilled to be back.

Mima
04-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Tammy-I have been using Aspercreme on my sore spots/ It helps and it doesn't smell. Used something else and Brad couldn't sleep with me. I hurt my leg yesterday cleaning the den-was on the floor to clean my computer table. Getting rid of stuff!!!!!!!!!!Love it. Have only basic stuff in Fl. Love that.
Listened to a great message on worry by the Pastor of McGregor. It's online. http://www.mcgregorbaptist.org and choose the Pastor's sermons. August 25. Of course we miss him.
I couldn't see my regular doc-he is in Fl-I am sure it's Naples-2 towns away from where we live. Will see him Monday-in the meantime I am putting a small piece of cotton under the nail. Walked further last night-got asthma!!! Lots of pollen and dust here.
Angela told me that she and Brett were quitting smoking-my reaction was that she has been smoking all the time she's pregnant. Her aunt is dying of cancer from smoking.
Bye for now. Mima Hope you don't get storms, Meme

Mima
04-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Move over Joanne-I clipped my toenail. Mima

Tammy
04-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Mima, I need to go to WalMart for some things, maybe I'll find some aspercreme to use on the back. Good for you on getting rid of things! Feels good, doesn't it? I can't believe how much we have for the auction. I never dreamed that we would have as much as we do. Just hope it sells. lol

The wind just started picking up. I know it's supposed to rain later. There's a bush of some kind behind the house and I can smell the flowers on it! Wonderful!!

Mima
04-21-2006, 06:01 AM
Tammy-I missed the part about an auction-for who. I wonder if there is a fungus under my toenail?? Ick!! Doc's Monday-he can advise me from stomache to toe. Having a lot of trouble deaing with DIL -I hear expectations of us being grandparents who take care of grch. I wrote her a long e-mail about my physical condition and IT DIDN"T GO THROUGH and now it's lost/ I took it as a sign that I was not supposed to send it. This morning I took na step back and wrote myself a list of what I see in her. Don't get me wrong, she is a sweet girl, and we always get along. But I figured out that she's always been taken care of. So she still expects that. You can't change other people but you can change yourself and that would be the limits you set. So that's that for today. I left for FL right after they married so we didn't have to deal with this. Now we are home and it's staring me in the face. Of course, she is only 25. It's difficult to know when to be a Christian and when you are enabling.
Supposed to take girlfriend out for her bd-she had a stomache bug yesterday so not sure, Amazingly, my stomache has been better,
I love the flowers in the spring. Mima

MemeToo
04-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Mima ... I have a DIL like that ... She was only 18 when they got married and she's 37 now with kids ages 8 & 11 ... I could write a book (actually I could probably write several and a couple of magazines)! :p I'm careful because I want to be able to have a relationship with my son and grandchildren. Otherwise ... I'd speak my mind more. Probably a good (or God) thing that you lost your email! Sometimes He looks out for us ... even in Cyberspace! ;)

We've been having severe T-storms here for 2 days and I'm about tired of them. Ross is giving his mom a fit so I'm supposed to have him from tonight until Sun. night. They can't cope anymore. Pastor at the old church is still blabbing my name all over everywhere I guess ... that's what I'm hearing anyway. Even got news of a preacher in MI he had spoken to about me. I talked to 2 other ministers about my situation and asked their advise ... one said to just pray for the man because there wasn't much else to be done if he wanted to talk about me ... the other said go to him and tell him I was sorry if I had done anything to cause him to feel that way about me and then I would be relieved of any responsibility. Hubby said I didn't do anything to him and he didn't think it would do any good to go to him ... just get something else started ... so ... back to square one because I've been praying for him for weeks. Maybe he'll realize that his vendetta isn't doing anyone any good and wind down eventually ... but by then many people are going to think I'm a terrible person. I hate that. But ... I don't hate him ... I actually feel sorry for him. He should do like me, let it go and move on. I really like the church we're going to so far. It's like you've hit the easy button when you walk inside. There's a thing or two that hubby is not crazy about but there's always something about every church that doesn't suit everybody. I'd be happy going where my kids go to church but he doesn't like the music there. (I love it!!!) Always something! I guess I'm just not too hard to please! :dizzy:

Mima ... hope you get your toe fixed. A sore toe is the pits - as is a backache, nither is any fun. I think I'm going to call my Dr. in Nashville and ask him to call me in some prednisone. I've got to have something. I've been in the bed for 3 days. :(

Tammy
04-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Mima, we are having an auction at the old house of all of the stuff we didn't move to the new house. There is another family having it with us, so we'll be splitting the cost of the auctioneer, advertising, etc.

Meme, I'm glad you like the new church. Hope you get to feeling better. I just came from therapy for my back, and right now it feels ok. I like the ultrasound thing. Feels good.

MemeToo
04-22-2006, 02:26 AM
I got the prednisone from my Rheumatologist in Nashville so maybe I'll feel better in a few days. He usually comes through for me, thank goodness. It's the 6,5,4,3,2,1 dose pack and I usually start feeling better by the time I get it down to 3 pills. That's 105 milligrams altogether ... 21 pills in just 6 days. I'm just going through a rough spot right now ... lots of stress all around ... and that makes us all hurt worse. I haven't been eating like I should, either. More because of stress, again, I think. Funny how we seem to blame everything on that, huh? :p This, too, will pass ... always does. Then something else will eventually pop up. That's life. Happens to everybody that has one. Guess that's what makes us who we are. Read the story about the butterfly:

http://www.memeart.com

Mima
04-22-2006, 06:54 AM
Good morning. I tried to lower my small dose of pred. and I couldn't do it. Doc wanted to change my med but it was sulphur and that makes me nauseous. Hope the auction goes well Tammy. It's fun when you do it with others.
All I have been doing is cleaning, throwing, saving for the flea market at church. Gotta slow down. Hurt today-it's going to pour for a day and a half- and then rain. Brad is renting a digger to drill holes for the deck-he had to take it off when he put a foundation under the house. I will be glad to get it back on.
We have to go to KMart to get a bd present for my step grandaughter-the one they are trying to get me to take care of. I heard someone on Today talk about a book about children who think they are entitled. Kids born after 1970. And how we raised them that way. I could make a long list of young adults who are like that and the parents that give in to it. So it's our fault!!It was a good discussion.
Bye for now. Mima

Joanne D
04-22-2006, 11:18 AM
When it rains it pours! Only we aren't getting the wet stuff from the sky.. We were all ready to leave for our daughters wednesday night. My hubby got up early Thursday to pack the car.He had a spell with his heart. To make a long story short it didn't take long for the paramedics to get here as they are just around the corner.They kept him in hospital for over 24 hous and let him come home. It was really scary for a few hours. I stayed with him and was really tired last night. Now we have our daughter here and her hubby. Greek easter this Sunday. I guess we will be cooking. Yuck!
I have the toenail fungus too. I have been using tea tree oil,vicks vapor rub and my daughter told me last night to use monostat.. Won't hurt to try.
Joanne

Happy Canuk
04-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi everybody.

Mima - sounds like you are back to normal. Hope you can get your toe fixed up. That is painful. Cleaning out stuff and getting rid of it is very uplifting. The "me" generation is what that is called. However, it started in the 1970's. First "me" and THEN the others. That's the way that works and it is going to be a pretty sad world they will live in.

Tammy - glad the therapy is doing some good. Stretching is soooo important. An auction sounds like fun.

Joanne - sorry tohear about your hubby. Hope he is resting well, and for that matter, you as well. It is very stressful when something like this happens.

Meme - Sounds like you might have found a new church. I hope you will be happy there. Let the old minister throw all the stones he wants. It sure isn't very Christian like, but you will be fine. People who know you know he is being mean, and those that don't, well, it doesn't really matter.

Have been having another bout with the old sinuses. It's that time of year, I guess. Had a terrible sore throat for 3 days, did lot's of gargling with salt water, and that has helped immensley.

Hope everybody has a nice day.

Tammy
04-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Meme, all of the doctors that I've seen lately (and the therapists) all talk about stress. It's amazing. I know that I have more in my life now than just 3 years ago. I'm not eating like I should either, but I know that I'm eating healthier than I used to.

Mima, the changes in the attitudes of children and parents have changed so much since I started teaching. The majority of the children expect something if they do well on a paper, etc. They're lucky if I give them a smiley face or a sticker. lol This week I really rewarded them!!!! On Friday I emptied out a bunch of posters and put them on the floor to get rid of them. Am I ready to retire next year or what?

Joanne, I'm so glad that your hubby is ok. Glad that your daughter is there right now.

Anne, I can never gargle with salt water! I always start to gag. Glad that it works for you. Hope you are feeling better!!!

Started a new class at the Y today. It was supposed to be water aerobics every other week. Well, we found out today that we may go to the pool once or twice during the session. I wasn't thrilled because I can't do the regular stuff. There is a Physical Therapist in the class. She comes to our school and works with some kids every week. Amy told me to stick with the class, and if we're doing something that I shouldn't, she'll tell me and I can do the stretching exercises that I've learned at therapy. She thought that just getting in there and moving is better than not taking the class at all for me. We also do some things with the big balls, and she said that most of those exercises will be fine for me. So, I'm sticking with the class.

The jazz band played for our alumni banquet tonight. There were great! Tim loves playing drums, and he's really quite good. I hope he'll be able to stick with music through college and afterwards.

Open House at the house tomorrow. We won't be there, but I hope lots of people will be!!! We're going shopping for some cement blocks to put outside of our porch doors and a new grill.

MemeToo
04-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Kids have run me ragged today and tonight. Ross wanted me to make him a new webpage. Now they will all probably want me to make them one. Joy.

Want to see his? Go To: http://www.design-max.net/Ross.html

Going to bed ... have to be at the new church a little early in the morning. Someone told them I sing so the pastor's wife asked me to sing before the message and they want me to 'try out' the mic & speakers. I think they are a little 'leary' of me ... having never heard me before. (They probably think I can't sing ... may be right!) ;) Hope you all have a good Sunday. One more day ... my kids go home tomorrow night ... bless their hearts ... that's good enough for me! (But I do love them!) :p

Mima
04-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Boy are they fortunate, Meme. !! Happy Easter Joanne-I am glad your husband is ok-have lived through those stressful times.
It is cold and I am hurting!!! Haven't got used to that part yet. I guess I wasn't used to having a DIL-we left right after the wedding and I didn't hear from her much. I did pick out 4 adorable outfits at KMart for Debbie's bd. There is a party next Sunday. Joy if Brad's exwife is there. She never misses to zing him but he is going to tell her it's time to let go=20 years.
That class sounds good, Tammy. Hope you feel better Anne. I stopped wheezing when I stopped cleaning.
Daughter is so happy with new boyfriend. He pays so much attention to her. Her father totally rejected her so this is what she needs/ I am so happy for her. I think she reads my posts so I will say hi to her.
Bye for now Mima

Happy Canuk
04-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Good morning.

Meme - We all love our GK but it is soooo nice when they do go back home:dizzy: We just are not as young as we used to be. I think there is a reason why God intended us to have kids while we were young and had energy!! Good luck with your singing. I know you will blow them away.

Mima - Cleaning has that affect all right! Dust. I think that is why my sinuses are so bad right now. So windy and dusty out, and I have my windows open, so it gets rather dusty inside as well.

Joanne - don't knock yourself out today. Have a nice Easter Dinner. I hope your hubby is feeling better and that you were able to rest some. It's hard when you have company - even if it is your daughter.

Tammy - The program sounds good. It's good to have your PT there as well, as she will be able to advise you. It only takes one wrong move, however, so be really careful. I can't do "land" movements very easily anymore. Water exercises are much better, but with the FM, I can't take the cold anymore. It seems to be a no win situation. So, I run around instead. I like listening to jazz as well. Hope your son continues.

Hubby got busy this morning, and is cleaning the carpets. Smells so nice and fresh. No chemicals. I have a Watermatic vacuum that does a terrific job of washing the carpets.

Enjoy your day.

Happy Canuk
04-23-2006, 12:12 PM
ENJOY THE COFFEE

A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to
Visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into
Complaints about stress in work and life.

Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and
Returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups - porcelain,
Plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite -
Telling them to help themselves to hot coffee.

When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said:
"If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up,
Leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is but normal for you to want
Only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress.
What all of you really wanted was coffee; not the cup, but you
Consciously went for the best cups and were eyeing each other's cups.

Now if life is coffee, then the jobs, money and position in society are
The cups. They are just tools to hold and contain Life, but the quality of
Life! doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating ;only on the cup,
We fail to enjoy the coffee in it."

So, don't let the cups drive you... Enjoy the coffee instead.

MemeToo
04-24-2006, 01:23 AM
I loved that Anne ... and it is so true! I have my favorite coffee mug ... a free TV Guide mug I got in the mail when I ordered the magazine a couple of years back. It's not fancy and just the right size. My best friend is always getting it down and using it when she comes over ... drives me nuts. But, I let her because she's my best friend. I just enjoy the coffee (and her)! ;)

Tammy ... don't hurt yourself anymore than you are already hurting ... like I do when I start to exercise. How'd the auction go?

Joanne ... hope your hubby is going to be ok. And you don't get sick stressing out over him!!!

Mima ... the cold makes me hurt worse, too, and so does all this rain we're having. More to come this week. Sounds like your hubby needs to tell his X to grow up ... since she doesn't seem to realize she's growing 'old'! She's not in highschool anymore. Maybe that's what he needs to tell her.

My kids went home. Ross got sick on me. I'm hoping it's just sinuses or allergies. Anything else and I'll probably get it. He was running a temp of 102 this afternoon and coughing his head off. He coughed so hard right after church this morning he threw up. Well ... I'm sure I didn't 'blow them away' at church but I made them cry ... now that could be good ... or it could be bad! :p Depends on why they were crying! A former pastor of mine called and asked me to come to his church and sing at a singing tonight. I had to sing 6 songs. I'm really tired ... keeping kids all weekend and then doing that has zapped me. I kind-of 'talk' between songs when I do a singing like that and it takes a lot out of me. Going to bed now and I've turned off the phones so they won't wake me up in the morning. We have customers calling in starting around 7 so I'm just going to let the machine get them tomorrow. I need a morning off. :tired:

Mima
04-24-2006, 06:17 AM
I bet it feels good to sing again-your gift! My daughter used to throw up when she was sick. Sure hope you don't get it.
We are going to buy a carpet cleaner for FL-pd 200 to get them cleaned and they were dirty again before we left. I read that dirt sticks to the residue left after they are cleaned and to use vinegar.
Is ay be careful too, Tammy.
Phone rang at 10 last night-Woke us up.
Went out for Chinese yesterday-it wasn't good. But I think we ordered the wrong thing. Doc's today-looking for an opinion about my stomache and I will have him look at the toenail. But I have been better-use colace instead of Metamusil. That seems to have cured what I thought was IBS.
I VOLUNTEERED to watch Debbie while they go to doc's on WEd. And then keep her a bit more. But not stay over. I bought some books to work with her. That is my gift.
Bye for now-back aches like crazy!! Mima And it rained all day yesterday.

Tammy
04-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Meme, I really think you should visit each one of us and sing for us. You can start with me!!! I'd love to hear some songs. The auction isn't for a couple weeks yet. The open house went well on Sunday. 9 sets of people went through the house. The realtor said they were all making positive comments, so maybe someone will make an offer. I don't know how you keep up with everything you do! You're amazing! I'm pooed and I didn't have grandkids all weekend!!!

Mima, that has to make you happy since your daughter is happy. We're putting our carpet cleaner in the auction. Want to come and bid on it? We were going to have Chinese the other night, but the place was packed. We ended up with Mexican.

Anne, send your husband my way and he can clean some carpets here too. Actually, these don't need cleaned yet. I liked the story about the coffee! I'll enjoy my diet pop since I don't drink coffee. lol

Had therapy for my back right after school today. Supposed to go to water aerobics tonight, but I ended up taking a nap instead. I think I needed it.

MemeToo
04-25-2006, 12:01 AM
I said auction but I meant open house ... glad it went well. Hope you can sell soon. I know what it's like waiting for a house to sell. When we moved to TN from MI we left a house for sale up there and had to sell 'long distance'. Had to go back to close. No fun.

Ross is still sick ... evidentally it isn't just sinuses. They'll take him to the Dr. tomorrow but they are bringing him over at 6:45 tomorrow morning, since I've already been exposed guess it can't hurt me anymore than I've already been hurt. They'll make him an app. with his Dr. and come get him later and take him. He's still coughing his head off. They should have taken him today! I don't know what they're waiting for???

Mima
04-25-2006, 05:33 AM
Poor Ross. Poor Meme. Hope he feels better and you don't catch it.
I sold my house after an open house. But it was someone who wanted to kook at it before. Sold the condo by someone driviong by. You just don't know.
Doc's yeasterday. The good news is that I only have a trace of blood in my urine. And he tols me how to fix my toe. But he was no help with my stomache but said I could go to gastro. So I called and she said they were booking into August. I said I couldn't eat anything. She said how much weight had I lost so I told her I was exagerrating!! She doen't know me. She called back and I have an appt in 2 weeks.PTL. I just want some advice and it may be that I have to live with it.
So I had wicked diarrhea last night-was it my stomache or a virus. I told Brad if he gets it then I will know it was a virus. Ha!! Supposed to take Debbie tomorrow while they go to doc's-I will talk to her. I volunteered. I wanted to work with her some, Mom doesn't have a clue about K readiness and they took her out of Head Start because she was getting sick all the time. Don't blame them but....She told me I could do teach her but I said she could too. So I will write some things out-poor thing, she doesn't understand. When I taught K, I only saw the results but now I see what actually happens. I am too aware!!!
Bye for now. Mima

MemeToo
04-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Ummm ... Mima, a word from the wise about volunteering to keep children. BE CAREFUL! If you volunteer to keep a child more than once, their parents think, "Oh she really loves to keep my child and it's no burden on her at all so I can just leave the little darlin' there ALL THE TIME. So they call you every time they want to go somewhere, have a night on their own or just go home and take a nap. My DIL did that to me once. She didn't think I would find out. (She may have done it more than once ... dunno.) She was getting ready to start back teaching in the fall & she told me as soon as she finished up in her classroom that day she would come get the kids. Well ... she didn't come. I had to go somewhere and I had told her that. Finally, I called my son, never thinking about calling the house because she was supposed to be at the school working. He called the school and couldn't find her and then called the house and she had gone home, layed down, fell asleep and hadn't woke up. After keeping those two since early that morning I was the one in need of a nap! She used to always do stuff like that to me until I finally started being more firm with them. She got mad at me a few times over some things but it had to be to get her straightened out. I love my grandchildren and I keep them A LOT ... but if I kept them all 4 as much as their parents think I should I'd have a child here all the time. I used to stay sick with something. Now I say - if they even act like they are coming down with something I will not keep them. The only reason I have a sick child now is because Ross got sick while he was here last weekend. Now Jenna has it too so I'll probably have it for sure. Their dad is taking them both to the Dr. this afternoon. Sometimes it just can't be helped bless their hearts and I know that. That's part of family. But most of the time it can be helped and their is no sense infecting family members when you don't have to ... they can stay home with their own children when they are sick. So ... said all that to say this, be sure to not volunteer again for a while. It will get you in more trouble than you may want in the future. And be sure to tell them that when she is sick not to bring her around because, while you love them all, you don't want to be infected.

I'm never hatefull with my kids or grandchildren and always tell them I love them. I do more for my kids than most parents do but seems it's never enough. But you have to draw the line somewhere. I've been trying to draw it a little thicker lately. I haven't been feeling so good lately and can't keep up with my own stuff let alone theirs. My oldest grandson started arguing with me about his guitar lessons a couple of weeks ago. Telling me he didn't like the music and if I'd only give him something faster ... well, bless his heart, he couldn't play what I was giving him. Been on it for 2 months and had left it at home or school the last 2 lessons and hadn't even had it out of his guitar case one week to practice. He wants to play but doesn't want to put the time in. Faster music isn't going to help him. He finally got mad at me and said, "Well, I want a teacher that will teach me the kind of music I want to play." I will not tolerate disrespect from any child so I very calmly told him to put his guitar away because lessons were over. He said, huh? I said your lesson is over put your guitar away. He asked me if I was mad at him. I told him, no, but I'm your teacher and you won't listen to me, you don't ever practice, you can't play a simple song that I've given you for 2 months now and you think you can play something faster. You are welcome to go find someone else to teach you because your lessons here are over, I won't be teaching you anymore. I'm not mad, I'm just finished being your teacher. He said, OK and hasn't had a lesson since. When my son came he told his dad he had quit guitar. He came in and asked me if he got hateful with me and I said yes but that was ok, I handled it and he could just find him another teacher because he evidently didn't want to take lessons from me anymore. Kaylyn came in and wanted to make sure she could still come for piano because she didn't want to quit. I told her I'd still come pick her up at school on Tues. and we'd do our thing. But insolence and disrespect I won't have from kids. I bought the kid a really nice 3/4 ovation guitar and paid for his music and then gave him the lessons free. Went to school every week, picked him up and brought him to my house to teach him to play and he wouldn't even practice and try ... then blamed it on the music. My son is a wonderful guitarist and guess who taught him? (Of course he plays circles around me!) ;) I could only take him so far and he learned the rest on his own. But this kid wouldn't even take his out of the case some weeks. I think most kids today expect everything to come easy, they don't want to work for anything.

I'll get off my soap box. Need to get to work anyway ... sorry for preaching. :p Guess I just needed to unload.

Mima
04-26-2006, 06:20 AM
I have been venting for 2 weeks-I figured out that people need to leave me alone while I adjust to being home from FL. And it takes 2 weeks at least. I called and told them I shouldn't take Debbie because i know it was a virus. I mostly feel better but Brad.....not yet. he's a lot tougher than I am. I had to miss my church fair meeting last night.
Joanne, how are you doing?
Funny thing-I spent 2 days looking for the title to the camper because we are going to sell it. Wrote to the registry on line and they said THEY HAD NEVER SENT IT! That was 2 and a half years ago that we bought it. It's almost worth as much as we paid for it . Brad wants to get or make something that we can pull with the car that has a bed, shower, and toilet that we can use if we both go to MS. It has to be light. But registry is going to send us the title. We can sell it after Brad fixes the hole where he put an air conditioner in when we were in FL-one didn't take care of the heat. And the dings where he hit something!!! Acyually it;s a big scrape. But today the deck is going back on. Cassidy and I say yeah!!! Mima

Joanne D
04-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Sorry to be mia but things have been tight around here lately. hubby being fitted with holter monitor tomorrow. He feels ok but a little light headed. Dr said he may have some vertigo along with everything else.
Me? I have been a wreck. I guess I will get to catch up soon.I always say I have to be strong. It isn't as easy as all that.
Meme- Hope your G/son /children are well soon and you didn't catch what they have.
Mima- my daughter has a 5th wheel R.v. and just loves it.They are going camping every chance they get..
Hello Everybody...Joanne

Mima
04-27-2006, 06:28 AM
Good morning. It is scary when your husband is sick-it's the unknown. What helped me most was all the people praying-each day just flowed. I am not saying I wasn't nervous-just that I felt like God was right there. I will pray for you.
Had another episode of diarrhea-makes me wonder if it's a virus or my lovely stomache. Can't go see Auntie today,
I was upset yesterday-Brad hired someone to help him put the deck on and he brought his brother. Brad had told him he didn't need 2 people til he started on the apt. I felt manipulated and there was not enough work for both of them, Anyhow, they are gone but we had to pay both of them.
I did save 12$ on my DSL-I asked why other people were paying 15 and I was paying 30. So I got it reduced. They wouldn't have told me if I hadn't asked, he admitted. Yikes.
We love the fifth wheel but being in FL, we don't gey much chance to use it and Brad works here. We can pay for a lot of motels.
Bye for now-Mima

MemeToo
04-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Jenna's still running a high fever so I have her again today. Sure hope I don't get this stuff!

Prayers for your hubby Joanne!

Joanne D
04-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the prayers my friends... All this has me so tight my stomach is saying hello. Staying close to B/R..
Meme.. Spring time and most children are getting a bug. you probably will get it. Hope not. maybe your Daughter-in-law will come take care of you. You Think?:p
Joanne

MemeToo
04-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Heh heh ... what is the possibility?

http://www.memeart.com/images/hellfreeze.jpg

Tammy
04-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Sounds like there is so much sickness with us and our families! I hope we are all feeling better soon. I think a vacation for all of us at some exotic place is called for so we can all get rested up and feel better.

Meme, cute cartoon!! lol

Did anyone see Dateline last night? It was about an internet sex sting in Greenville, Ohio. Less than 10 miles from my house. It's amazing how stupid some people are. The rest of it will air next Wednesday.

I'm chaperoning the band to state contest on Saturday. They sound great, so I hope they do well.

MemeToo
04-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Now Jenna has Strep ... poor little thing!

Mima
04-28-2006, 05:41 AM
That's what my daughter had when she had those symptoms-Wash your hands. I didn't usually get the strep when my kids had it but I sure had it plenty. I called doc yesterday but he wasn't there so I refilled a script he had given me for diverticulitis-I think that is what I have because I wasn't getting better and lots of cramps yesterday. If I get better in a couple of days, then I will be sure. And Brad didn't get it. I am sure sick of being sick. Any bets on that my DIL will not ask how I am??? Or anyone except my husband and my friends.
We are doing another big shopping. i sure miss that Superwalmart. But they are building one not too too far from here. In the meantime, we do have a good market about 15 miles away. We were comparing prices in the flyers from the 2 store near us and it was unbelievable. And the city they are in is so poor. And then Brad and I have to have specialty foods-sugar free costs more and my bread is 5.50 a loaf. There is a store called Trader Joes near my work that has 2.50 Spelt bread so I stock up. Even brought a lot to Fl. Anyone have a bread machine??? And like it?
Today is my step-grandaughter's bd-she is 5. Wears a 3-4 toddler. Was 1 and a half pounds when she was born. BD party Sunday.
Bye for now, Mima
I bet you will love the band competion, Tammy. Stress does aggravate the stomache., Joanne.

Tammy
04-29-2006, 03:39 PM
I hate having strep. I used to get it 2-3 times a year. Don't get it as often anymore.
I love the SuperWalmart that is close to us. We shop there often. Yikes to $5.50 a loaf of bread!!!! I have friends with bread machines and they love them. I don't have one.

Band contest was fun. Hurt from the bus ride though. They received a 2 rating. I thought they sounded great. I have to keep in mind this was the state contest. They had received a 1 at district to qualify for this one. When we got back to town there was a police car and firetruck to meet the buses anyway! The kids were excited.

MemeToo
04-30-2006, 02:03 AM
I'd love to hear that band. My daughter was in band when she was in High School.

That's a tiny little girl! And that's a lot to pay for bread, too. Afraid I can't help with the bread machine. I don't eat bread (except for the cheese biscuits at Red Lobster ... yummmmmm.)

My oldest grandson's BD was yesterday. They were supposed to have him a BD party at his house tonight ... son called this afternoon and said DIL had a sore thoat and wasn't feeling good so would I care if he brought all the stuff over and had it here. I said ok ... he brought over hamburgers and hotdogs and grilled out. Brought all the chips, cokes and cake. What a mess. Had 11 people with all four kids running in and out eating and opening gifts. Then I had all the mess to clean up of course. There was ground-in cake icing all over the kitchen floor so I had to mop the whole thing. I was trying to keep everything off my stove ... kept moving things they would sit there OFF the stove. Turned around and my MIL was pouring all the drinks there ... too late. She spilled cokes etc. all over it so I also had to wash that down after they left. I had just cleaned all my appliances (I have that stainless stuff ... trust me it's not stainless) and the kids had fingerprints all over them again. I'm pooped.

It's stormy again. It's supposed to rain every day except one until next Sat.! :( Going to bed ... another long day tomorrow.

Mima
04-30-2006, 06:32 AM
We are going to Debbie's 5th bd today. Heard the Jacobs last night at church. Felt bad for the small crowd-wondering if they advertise, Have been having a really hard time adjusting to being here-so much work all the time-unfinished projects. Money to spend=of course Brad works so he pays for that part. Cold weather!! I had done a lot of work on my house and then sold it and lived in a condo. Did some things in it but then it was done. And now I am doing it again. Brad had to take deck apart because it was crooked but he is putting it back right and putting a vinyl railing. That I will enjoy. In the meantime, the dishwasher leaks and the dryer vent falls off. And the pipe in the bathroom is broken so I can only take a shower. The problem is that he has worked on this house for 35 years and only knows that. I like to finish and enjoy it.
So far we have a new well, new foundation under kitchen, new kitchen, new siding, new hallway from scratch, sanded floors, paint. and i am sure there

is more. When we go to Fl-everything is done.
So now I ahve vented and I will shut up!!
SS called mike and said they had some money for Alison so she got a 3 wheel bike with hand pedals=she will be 16 next week. Then they called again and said they could have another 1,000 so they are going to buy diapers for her, I am so happy for them.She has been on the waiting list for years. And Evan is talking in sentences!!!
Hooray for rhe band-they were invited to the state.
I need to make a gratitude list. Mima

Joanne D
05-01-2006, 10:40 AM
My daughter has a bread machine.. love the bread. That is why I won't push for one.I have enough trouble with my weight and bread is one of my main downfalls. I can be satisfied eating just bread for a meal.
Mima- We are supposed to get a Super Walmart about 4 miles from my house. I love Walmart.There is always something to do in a house.. I think we all have the same problems with repairs. I wish my hubby was more inclined to take care of those problems. Just hiring someone to do them would be a big step..
Meme- I have a glass top stove. I beg people not to put things on it. Guess what! that is a place that will catch it all. I know well what it is to clean up after a party. That is what I am usually doing.
Tammy- Enjoy doing things with your son. He will soon be grown and out . A love interest will pull him away and believe me it gets lonely without them around.Up to 2 years ago our son was around a lot. Sometimes too much. Now he is married and we seldom see or hear from them.I guess that is the way of things.
Hey Happy, Candice Joanne

MemeToo
05-01-2006, 01:14 PM
My kids married but never really outgrew home. But they are sporadic ... they come home when they 'need' something! ;)

I took a PM last night a slept in this morning ... let the customers come and go and let the machine get the phone ... I figured the world could roll on without me one morning and still survive. :p Felt so good! (I could get used to that!) :devil:

Tammy
05-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Meme, you were a good sport to have the party changed to your house. It made more work for you though.

Mima, a gratitude list is a good idea. I have thought about doing that, but never have gotten around to it.

Joanne, I definitely enjoy doing things with Tim. For years, Bob worked 2nd shift so it was just Tim and I every night and most Saturdays. He spends quite a bit of time with Jessica, and that has gotten easier for me. lol I hope we'll stay close as he gets older.

My brothers and I were all pretty close to our parents even after we were married. I taught in the same town where they lived, so I would stop by after school quite a bit. I sure miss them.

Meme, I would love to sleep in sometime. I don't think I ever really get a good night's sleep anymore. I wish I could.

Mima
05-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Good morning-I am feeling much more positive and I did make a gratitude list. Can't remeber what's on it though!!! Ha!!
Bad news-daughter's girlfriend's cancer is back and she has to have chemo and possible hysterctomy. She is 27 but has 2 kids. Please pray.
I am having so many side effects from divert, med. 5 more days.
It's cold and dreary here. Brad found a different fencing for deck and it will cost less/ We took Cassidy to vet and he had 3 shots-got some heart meds and arthritis meds-125. Oh well!!!
My odest son spent a lot of time with me and he is closer that other one but there was a time after he got married that he wasn't. Guess that's normal. I love it when he tells me things Evan says. He's just starting to talk in sentences.
I would like to sleep in!! 5 am every day,
I get frustrated waitng for things to get fixed-I told Brad I don't like to suffer needlessly/ I guess my dryer vent will be fixed today. When I moved in here, you had to lay on the floor to put the water on to take a shower, I guess things have improveed. Problem is, I had a house that was all done and then a condo that was. My poor brother had to help me a lot.when things broke.
Bye for now Mima

MemeToo
05-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Did it again today ... slept in. Then hubby called and got me up. Needed me to email cargo pictures to someone. I figured it was pouring rain so wouldn't have custmers and even if I did I wasn't going out in a pourdown to wait on them. One man came ... went to every door in the house. Too bad ... I didn't answer the door. I'm closed when it's raining this hard! (Besides, I still had my jammies on - :p )

I hurt too bad to work anyway. Sometimes, I wish he had never started this business. I know the money is good but I wind up having to do a lot of the work and I'm just not able. I've told him and told him that but it's not sinking in. So ... the last month or so, when it comes to mornings like this, I have just started taking matters into my own hands, staying in bed and ignoring customers. If he doesn't like it ... too bad. I told him under NO circumstances was I going out in the rain to sell a trailer. Last Saturday he went off to church at 7:30 in the morning to work ... didn't come back until 1:30. Sat. is supposed to be my day off so I wound up watching the business and having a BD party here both. I had 4 guys on motorcycles pull in here with the black dragon T shirts and doo rags on their heads. I was on the phone to hubby when they came and I told him I wasn't going out. He said to stay out of sight and watch them. I've told him it's not safe for me to be out there alone with men all the time. Oh well. I'm done now. Gotta go take some pain meds. Later.

Mima
05-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Good morning-My computer is so slow-I think I am connected at the wrong speed! Still raining and it's so cold and I hurt so much. Debbie is coming while they go to doc's but then I am resting brcause we are going out for our fourth anniversary in spite of the fact that Brad had a dream that I left him. Probably because I have been doing so much complaining. Well the dryer and dishwasher are fixed. Just the tub to go.
Had to stop taking the med-sharp pains in my stomache and a feel rotten feeling.
Gotta go eat. Mima

Joanne D
05-03-2006, 11:39 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ,MIMA
Hope you are feeling better by tonight. After Brads dream he should be real nice tonight.:)
Meme- I would be afraid of the 4 guys too. You can send us some of that rain here in Fl. We need it . They are predicting no rain for 2-3 more weeks. At least till June. Where I live next to the coast on the Gulf we seldom get much any how. If it comes from the west it usually just goes right over to the central part . Tampa usually gets it.
Tammy- I hope your son always stays close. I seem to have not much luck with Daughter-in-laws. I guess the age difference has something to do with it. I envy people who say they are friends with theirs. I guess they are just too busy with their lives or something.
Hello Happy.
Joanne

MemeToo
05-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Happy Anniversary ... hope you have a good one. I'll be 59 in a couple of weeks. Not looking forward to it, though.

I'm not looking forward to anything today ... kind of down. That preacher (if you can call him that) is still running his yap about me. He's just taking all the joy out of my life right now. I know I shouldn't let it but it really is bothering me. He's telling all this stuff about me and there isn't anything I can do about it (or anything I'm willing to do about it.) If I do or say anything I'm lowering myslef to his level. He went to some people we know's store and told them he saw me at the hospital and I didn't speak (which is true but after all he's said about me I can't be two-faced and act like he's my best friend!) He called my husband at work today and said some mean stuff to him. I'm so tired of it all I want to move away from here. He tried to move the church website without asking permission. He found out right quick that it couldn't be done. That's fraud. I actually own the website and he knew that. He tried to take it without my knowledge and move the files to Church 111 ... another hosting service. I found out and it didn't happen. I contacted them and told them that that constituted fraud on their part as well as his. I told them the man had a problem dealing with women and that's why he wouldn't ask to have it moved. I told them that if he would have asked, I would have given it to the church free of charge. The man from Church 111 called and asked me what they needed to do to get it moved. I told him to stop sneaking around behind my back and trying to move it without my knowledge because it couldn't be done. The church didn't own it, I did. Tell the man to call my husband since he wouldn't talk to me and tell him what he wanted to do with it. That's why he called hubby at work this morning, he wanted the website. He wasn't very nice, either. He was mad because he got caught and because he had to ask for something. That's ok ... I was mad, too, I changed his password and locked him out of his mailbox after he did that. I'm sick of this guy. :devil:

Happy Canuk
05-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi everybody

Mima - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I can't believe it's been that long already. Time sure does go fast. Enjoy yourself. Like Joanne says, Brad should be really nice after a dream like that:)

Joanne - hope you are feeling more rested. How is your hubby doing? I do hope you get some rain. We had some SNOW yesterday, but it melted when it hit the ground. It was soooo windy 60 km an hour. I pulled out my winter jacket and went shopping yesterday afternoon. I just was too cold for my spring coat.

Tammy - glad you had a good time with the band. My son is 31 and he is pretty close to his MOMMY!! He will call and talk to me about anything that is bothering him. My daughter is the same!! He will probably stay close.

Meme - Meme- Meme! What is that fellow doing to you?? and WHY is he doing it? I just don't get it. What is he getting out of it, now that you have left the church. He is just a miserable speciman of a human being clothed in a preacher. I sure don't have respect for people like that. Good for you, locking him out of his mail ;) I am sure the :devil: made you do it:carrot:

Remember,

The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Had a baby shower for DIL on Sunday afternoon. She sure got lots of nice gifts. My aunt knit a beautiful sweater, my SIL crocheted a beautiful baby afghan and my cousin made her a precious memories quilt for her crib. She will be one well dressed baby. She is due within the next 3 weeks. I am really getting excited as we haven't had a new baby for 8 yrs. She will be spoiled that is for sure.

I hope that for those of your feeling blah (that's all of us) you will feel better as the weather turns warmer. Hang in there.

Candicej
05-04-2006, 05:04 AM
Been very busy in the yard and keeping up DMIL's house and yard..too much....hit myself in the face with the car door and am black and blue and swollen and painful!!!!!!!!!!!! Look like a racoon!!!!!!! ..but without the fur:)

Can't seem to get my "winter loss" going despite being active!!!!!!!!! Lilacs are blooming and smell wonderful..lots this year and been trapping critters again and relocating. My lettuce and onions are up too..... B-day a few weeks ago was nice..had pizza but no cake.

Feel better all...........

Mima
05-04-2006, 08:13 AM
Why do I keep getting locked out-this computer makes me crazy. Brad is really nice most of the time -I am the one who is crabby. He bought beautiful flowers and a beautiful card and we went to a nice restaurant. Today is the real one but I am going for a walk with my aunt.
Took care of Debbie and was sort of tutoring her. I did teach her a bit about numbers and now I am determined to do it some more. I WAS EXHAUSTED AFTER. She never stops. But she is cute and she is the only grandaughter who knows how to say grace before meals. She told us there is calcium in eggs while she ate her pizza.
Maybe we will be grandparents at the same time. Anne. Angela is due the 19th. But I think she will go sooner, I am good friends with DIL # 1 but I have learned some boundaries with her. DIL #2 is so young-25. We get along fine but I don't agree with a lot of stuff. Her family is an eyeopener.
Brad and I are going to paint the deck tomorrow. It finally stopped raining. Miserable and cold for 2 days. Ouch!!!
Bye Mima-ps-that Pastor sounds so weird Meme-But I bet he will stop when you get some distance from him. You can sit in the peanut gallery and watch the show from afar.

Tammy
05-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Happy Anniversary Mima!!

Anne, I have the Serenity Prayer on a card beside my computer at school. I need to read it more often.

Candice, happy birthday a little late. What did you buy us????????

I'm off tomorrow for doctor's appointments (again). That helps count down the days until the end of the year. lol

Mima
05-05-2006, 05:49 AM
When do you get out, Tammy? Beautiful weather!!!!! Going to paint the new deck today-it's small but pretty. Saw Auntie-we have a new routine because she moved-we walk and then we drive the car to the restaurant, They had lemon chicken soup and it was awesome. Saw the baby girls-they are the cousins born one day apart and they are now 8 months. Adorable. we have so many babies in the family now. There were years and years of only old people-now we are the old people and there are babies. Of course, they are 3rd cousins, So don't give up. I talked to Evan-haven't a clue what he syas but Mike says he was going to Mima's. So he does remember me. Bye for now Mima

MemeToo
05-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Pouring rain here again. On my way to GA ... leaving right now. Be back tomorrow night. Yucky weather to be driving in. Dreading it so ...

Candicej
05-06-2006, 03:57 AM
DH's family drives me nuts!!!!!!!! Too complicated to get into on here and I'm not sure you all wold understand anyway..just very frustrating, the controlling and muniplulating..I hate people like that!

Thanks Tam....the kids gave me a water purifier, toaster oven(since I mentioned to my son in the summer it would be nice to have a smaller oven) but not sure what I can make in it?????? ..and a Rival food sealer. I had a small food saver one but he said this one was better. They gave me stuff of rthe kitchen since I like to cook. DH gave me money and my friends took me out to eat and gave me stuff for the kitchen too!!!!! ( I bake for them and they love getting treats!)

BE safe Meme,,,

Happy and Mima...new babies coming how wonderful!

Joanne..hope DH is getting better mine has to have kidney stones blown up again.

Face is still painful and bad headaches from this injury but swelling is going down but leaving a big knot on my nose:eek:

Mima
05-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Belated happy bd Candice. Nice stuff!!!!!I have a new vac and I am going crazy. Figured out a way to stretch hose down the stairs-we live on the second floor-garages underneath. Painted the deck yesterday-only finishing touches left. It's real cute and I was happy when Brad found a cheaper fencing. Do you know the trees aren't out here yet!! Forsythia are!! I want a fors. bush! Boy-I had a good noght's sleep-aspercreme and tylenol!!
Hey Candice-how many kids do you have???
Hope you are safe Meme. How is your husband Joanne. Hey Tammy-it's the weekend,
Do you know how lucky I am. People are calling me all the time to get together!!! Have to schedule them. SIL wanted me to go to Boston but I wasn't up to all the walking. Bye for now Mima

Happy Canuk
05-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi everybody.

Candice - stop being to rough on yourself. On of these days you are really going to do serious damage! Happy Birthday:carrot: even if it is late. You got some nice gifts. All families are crazy and quirky to others:dizzy:

Mime - hope you are feleing better. Hey, the trees are out here. It is really early for us, but nevertheless, leaves are out.

Tammy - Hope your Dr. appt went well. Not so long until the end of the school year now. You finiish a lot earlier than we do. The kids here go until the end of June.

Meme - have a safe trip.

Going to a farm auction this morning. It is also hubbys birthday, so just took a cake out of the over. My daughter and gdaughter are coming today, so we shall go out for dinner.

Hope you all have a good day.

Tammy
05-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Our last day for students is June 1. Teachers have a work day on June 2.

Mima, how long did it take you to get the deck painted?

Meme, how was Georgia? Driving in rain is no fun at all.

Candice, I love getting treats too!!! (HINT!!!) You received some very nice gifts. Ouch about your face still hurting. Take care.

My doctor's appointment was fine. She was checking out the eyelid where she had removed the chalezion a few weeks ago. She promised me yesterday that she wouldn't touch me with any sharp instruments if I promised my BP wouldn't go down like it did during the surgery. lol

Candicej
05-07-2006, 06:09 AM
Happy eatin' Happy! Tell DH HAPPY- B -Day....wish my headache would go away and my face pain..connected I think. Put some mulch down today while DH mowed..flowers are looking nice.....

Tammy what did you have done to your eye..I don't know that Ch word???DuH??????? Aren't work days fun...we used to goof off and play cards if we got everything in our class room done...(but we always worked before our work days too) I miss teaching alot and still have all my stuff lesson plans and all..just hate to part with all that hard work!

Mima..you sure do get alot done for an old broad! ;) (tee Hee)....so how did you stretch the vaccum hose? I usually end up yanking the hose or cord out when I tug too much! What kind is it???? I want a new one..something light, the one I have is too heavy for me to move around without hurting myself!

Mima
05-07-2006, 07:03 AM
I went to Overstock.com and bought a reconditioned Hoover that is self propelled. I had one just like it before so I saved the parts and had a very long hose so I just substituted the other one. And then put it back. I also bought the 2 year warranty. Total price 179-no shipping and no tax!!!!!Great suction!! And easy on the back. We will cart it back and forth I think-unless I get rich and buy another one. Have to have self-propelled.
Went to Walmart yesterday and bought 3 blue hydrangea bushes. Now need a place to plant them because we neeed to do some work in the fromt before I can plant them where I want. Candice-how much sun do they need???? My grandmother had them in her front yard and I always loved them.
My hamstring muscles are way tight-I think that's why my back hurts so much. I should join the health club-they have a warm pool and jacuzzi and it's 30 bucks a month and my insurance would give me the money back. Why are we so lazy???? At least I am.
No baby yet!!! Mima

Tammy
05-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Candice, the Chalezion (and I'm not sure that's spelled right) was a blocked duct under the eyelid. I have had them before. Tim had a couple of them removed when he was about 2.5 years old. The doctor flips up the eyelid and makes an incision and drains the thing. Mine had a lot of scar tissue from when another doctor had attempted to fix it from years ago. She was trying to scrape out the scar tissue, and that's when my BP took a nose dive. Don't want to do that again!

When I taught middle school, we always finished up our work and did things. Since I've been in the elementary, we're rarely finished on that day. I will be this year. I've been sorting and packing up things all year. One of my good friends just started teaching full time this year (she's 50), so I'm going to be giving quite a bit of my stuff to her. I'm also putting some things in the auction on Thursday. I am leaving nothing in that classroom that I purchased. The school system does great with purchases for HS and MS. The elem. has had to fend for themselves for years.

Mima, I was trying to decide earlier about what to do tomorrow night. I have 3 options: go to a dinner meeting with my Emmaus Share group, go to the Y and do my water aerobics class with the whirlpool afterwards, or be a bum and stay home and do nothing because it's my b-day. The lazy word made me decide that I need to go to the Y.

Joanne D
05-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Tammy- " HAPPY BIRTHDAY"What ever you do for your special day ,do it for yourself..I need to make an eye appointment. I need new glasses.
My daughter finishs the year this month.. She is counting the days when she has the time.. It seems every hour is used.
Candice - I hope you feel better soon.. I know your yard will be a showplace again.As Happy said 'take it easy on yourself'.
Meme- how was your trip to Ga? There should be a rule. Husbands are in charge of taking care of the inlaws..
Mima-I need a vacumn like that can they be bought at Sears or Walmart ?
Happy- It is in the 80's here. Spring is almost gone..
Joanne

Mima
05-08-2006, 05:54 AM
Yes-but I think they cost more. Make sure it is self-propelled. I get the hepa filter because of allergies-they say bagless is not good.
happy Birthday Tammy. Tomorrow is Al's 16th and she had a big party yesterday. Angela's mucous plug broke bout her labor stopped and they sent her home. I told her if she had the baby tomorrow then Brad and I would have our first granchildren born on the 9th. She just wants to get it over with.
Brett must have been tired from going to the hospital the night before because he forgot to pick up Debbie at nursery after church-he was walking out the door-too funny!!!!!!
We took Brad's stepgrandaughter and son out to lunch yesterday-she is going to be 25-her bd is Thursday. Between us, we have an unbelievable number of step-granchildren. I am only close to Jessica and he is only close to Leah. You can't do it all. Then we inherited Debbie.
It was in the upper 80's when we left. Now we are in the 50's but my blood is still thin. I have to wear layers.
Going to attempt a bit of gardening today. I have been doing some stretching so my back is a bit better, Mima

Candicej
05-09-2006, 05:12 AM
Mima I used to have a self pro-pelled hoover..was a wedding gift then we traded for a rainbow (rexair) allergy one that uses water instead of a filter..it's a great sweeper but heavy!!!!!!!! Here is a link on hydrangeas, they are all different and I love them..I do not have any here, my mom used to have them on the north side of the house and they did great! I think they need sunny mornings and shade in the afternoon but will tolorate full sun too but the blooms fade. http://www.hydrangeaselect.com/care_and_maintenance.html

Hi Joanne..I love my gardening and can't wait to eat my lettuce and onions almost ready! The tulips were so pretty this year too...caught another bunny!

Tammy..hope that did the trick for you eye....and I think I would be a bum!!!!!!!!!...but a well fed one! Happy Birthday and enjoy!

Mima
05-09-2006, 06:00 AM
Good morning. I planted my flowers in the front where they will get some sun. Ouch my back but I have 6 bags of mulch and it;s going to rain the rest of the week. I will get Brad to help.
Yes it's going to be cold and rainy all week-I don't like it. I watched the last episode of Seventh Heaven-a bit corny. Now Brad can have his tv back.
For that hour!!
3 more weeks of Idol. I want Chis to win???? Not sure.
Angela's going to be induced Friday if she doesn't go on her own.
Very busy week-funeral on Thurs, Brad's cousin's wife's father-member of my church. Sudden!! Good man.
I didn't keep much stuff Tammy-just my books for the granchildren.
Mima

MemeToo
05-09-2006, 01:55 PM
GOING TO START A NEW THREAD.

DON'T POST HERE.