Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

Default Do you think that....

e diets is worth it??
Anyone try it?
sandi
Sandi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #2  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

I have never tried it but I have thought about it. I would love to hear if anyone has as well.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #3  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

No, but I am interstet to know wether it works. I looked at it myself but I really dont want to pay the money,,,,unless it works. Then again it would work for u and maybe not for me.......

Guess we both gonna wait till someone responds who did this E-Diet....
Till then I guess I use my treadmill
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I got 12 weeks for free a couple years ago with the Discovery health weight loss challenge.

I didn't really like it.

It gives you a complete meal plan for the week, with a shopping list. You can change the menus if you like, but you have to search all the entrees to find something you want.

The recipes and shopping list is for 1 person, so you have to figure out what you need if you are feeding more then 1. You can scale up your recipes to serve more, but that's just another time consuming step.

The web site was slow and I did it at work with DSL. I couldn't imagine doing it with a dial-up connection.

I like to cook just a few times a week and have leftovers the rest of the time. I'm too busy to be cooking every single meal. I did print out each weeks menus thinking that I'd do it eventually, but I have them in a notebook somewhere waiting patiently. I still haven't done anything with them.

They charge for everything. The menus and guest forum is all you get for the basic amount, then you have to pay more to get more support.

I think 3fatchicks forum is much better then the ediest message boards. Maybe it's because I've been using it longer.

On the plus side, their customer support people on the phone are very good.

You can do a search and find other opinions about ediets. It's discussed often.

Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

thank you Sarah
I didnt even think of the search thing
I think Ill stick with doing it how i am now
sandi
Sandi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #6  
resident lactivist

It was not worth it for me, but I think it may well work for others. They initially tried to give me a 1200 cal/day plan, which is just nuts for someone of my activity level. I was able to get it increased with no trouble, but to be honest I so rarely got meals that interested me, so I was always switching them out, and since everything was from a recipe, it increased my grocery bill. Also, their "grocery list" seemed to just be a compilation of the ingredients list from the various recipes. I mean, it's not like you can go into the grocery store and buy two tablespoons of ketchup!
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #7  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

I agree with the above posts. I tried ediets a couple of years ago and found it very time consuming, checking out the shopping lists & recipes etc, and swopping things around if you don't like the meal ... I spent ages on the computer!

It's good in principal, and yes it does work if you follow the plan, but like any 'diet', you need to stick with it for the rest of your life if you're going to keep the weight off permenantly ... otherwise, once you go back to your old eating habits, the pounds soon follow.

I've given up on diet plans now and decided to do my own thing. For me it's got to be a lifestyle change ... something that I can stick with for the rest of my life ... not a diet that I "go on" for a while until I've lost weight, then "come off it" and go back to my old eating habits. I feel a lot happier and in more control as I don't feel under pressure to be "following a plan". I'm sticking to healthy eating, with the occasional treat which I no longer feel guilty about having, and therefore I don't end up bingeing on something because I feel naughty and think I shouldn't be having it because I'm supposed to be "on a diet".

At the end of the day, we are all different, and I'm sure it works for many others, but it wasn't for me. Good luck with whatever you decide to do
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

For me it's the cost factor. I could go broke buying little things that 'might' help! I think you'll find that a lot of folks use either fitday.com or nutridiary and come to 3fc for advice. All free and very effective!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote