Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #1  

Default EASTER week ~ thread for 4/9-4/16

Hi girls!
Well it's a new week......EASTER WEEK! We must resist the temptations of the kiddies Easter baskets!!!!!

A few moments of satisfaction from overeating leads to a whole day of depression from gaining weight.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #2  

Hi Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for getting us started Jeanne!! BTW I love your new avatar

Carolina-Way to go on training for a half marathon, how awesome!!!!!!!!

I am having a blast here in NC! The weather is fabulous, we went to a children's museum on Saturday, the kids had so much fun. Yesterday we went to the zoo, that was alot of fun for everyone. Today we're sticking close to the house, we planted flowers for my sister's new house, and now the kids are napping. We will be going to do a few errands, but otherwise an easy day.

My eating is in the tank, but I am doing fairly well on my exercise and that makes me feel good.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #3  
marathoner in tranning

S/C/G: 211/190/155

i hope every one is having a fab week well iam so exited becouse in exactly a week form today i will be graceing my home town miami florida with my lovely presence...i cant wait lets not discuss what a miserable time i have had looking for swim suits ...its been aweful ...any way i weigh in tomorry and iam dreading it i have had a horiffic cupple of days yesterday I had to drive down to alabama and i let my fiance talk me in to eating side of the road bbq it was good but i felt so aweful considering it and some apples is all i ate i should be ok in the points range ...any way got to go see u laides later
Old 04-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #4  

I'm so sorry that I haven't been around much. I'll be better next week!! I just had so many dang things on my mind, and not to mention that I've been crazy busy at work.

My exercising has been okay, but my eating has been bad!! I'll be out of town this weekend, but I promise to be back on the wagon on Monday!!! I know that i've gained, and i can't let this get out of hand! I tried on a swim suit the other night, and i nearly cried. I feel like I've gotten so far, and I felt like I was almost done losing weight. After trying that swimsuit on, I felt horrible! I feel like I have another 20 pounds still left to lose. I'm 5'8", so I thought 150-155 is a good final goal, but maybe not!! Are you running or walking your half marathon? I walked a marathon about 1.5 years ago, and it was exhausting!! I'm running a 5k in June. Well, that's the plan anyway. I'm currently doing the Couch to 5k running program. I'm on week 4 now, and it's going so-so.

Hey, carop! Gosh, I guess I've missed your name. Sorry!! When are you getting married? My 1 year anniversary is the 30th of April! We've had a great first year!!

Misty, it sounds like you had so much fun with the kids. I'm jealous!! My husband wants to start having kids now, but I feel we need to wait until we have so more money. We have two car payments now plus the house, and I think we need to wait until we have at least one of the cars paid off. Too many bills to pay for diapers!!

Be good, everybody!! Stephanie
Old 04-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #5  

Hi girls!!!

Sorry you girls aren't having much fun looking for swim suits. I feel for you. I used to be a lifeguard, I spent endless hours wearing nothing except a swim suit. I don't even think about buying a new suit now, LOL.

Steph-I know what you mean about wanting things in order before kids. We did that a bit with our daughter, and things weren't too bad. Then oops DS came along LOL, two in diapers wasn't fun. But I love them dearly and wouldn't trade 'em. I figure I'd be waiting forever if I waited until things were just right, by the time we pay off a car the milage is so high and it's falling apart we need to buy a new one LOL. But it will happen for you when it's right

We're having a lovley time, I got off plan eating wise, but I am back on track as of yesterday and I am working hard. I bought myself soem new clothes, it felt soooo good. Mostly shirts. They didn't have a single pair of plus sized shorts in this HUGE JC Penney. So I'll check Lane Bryant. I spent more than I planned, but I needed something other than t-shirts that are two sizes too big.

OK DS is pushing buttons and I can't type LOL. Have a great day!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:38 PM   #6  
marathoner in tranning

Stephanie- actually I think I am runnig primarly but i will walk if needed (wich i think I'll need) but in fact traning to run it, as far as wedding bells we havent set a date we are procastinators like that we'r thinking 2007 april or june
congrats on the anniversary comming up way exiting

I think the prob is the swimsuits them selves ...my old suits look kinda fab on me really ...its strange ...no it the bord shorts its a bordshort tankini number and it looks so much better this year, but this years fashion is aweful ...thoes lil bitty skirts ...so wrong in every way ...

mistysept- kudos on new clothing, and happy vacation!

weigh in was good no gain... loss of .5 lbs thats good

have a fab night ladies i cant believe its allmost the weekend!

tootles,
carolina
Old 04-15-2006, 10:50 AM   #7  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Quote:
Originally Posted by carop2323
weigh in was good no gain... loss of .5 lbs thats good
Weigh to go, Carolina! Any loss is a good loss!
Old 04-15-2006, 08:17 PM   #8  
marathoner in tranning

maggie- how are you doing?

goodness

Sistas i had an aweful experience this morning ...insted of retypeing it I'll cut and paste an expserpt form my blog today

Grab a cup of coffe and settle down as I tell you a story about the kinda thing that only happens to me.
so i got up this morning thinking it was going to be a saturday just like any other but boy was i wrong, i got up at 8:30 in the morning, packed up my dog in the car and headed for what promised to be an wounderful day of marathon traning
after picking kate up and drinking some fabulous WW chocolate-mocha protein shake and kashi wafels she made. We were off to crockett park in the heart of Brentwood, TN. For all my florida peeps reading this its equivlant to the gables except all the families are mostly new money. So Jem, Kate and I are rounding mile 7 of our 9 mile ordeal/traning/torture when jem is spotted by a puppy lab she had meet earlier at the water fountain

So this doggie and jem begin excahaging quick butt sniffs, all a while kate and i are still focused on getting done so we'r not standing around we'r actually walking we get just two steps away form puppy #1 when infrunt of us shoots out "Deamon Possed Mongrule" (of course hes on a retectable leash and the man owner has no control of him)
so he begins to snarl at jem who is paying him no mind. she to so too focused on getting out of the sun, Iam holding her leash out so he cant get to her(we'r dartin off) when the "Deamon Possed Mongrule"
lunges toward her missing her but incrusting his germ infested jaw in my hip. yes I'll give you a minute to re-read all that.
he actually bit me, so jem and i stop all of a sudden and iam like that bit me so every one stops and i have to pull my shorts a bit and yeah he took a chunk out. so the owner comes over and is like he never actually bit any before so Iam like well he bit me...of course Iam in shock thinking ,I cant beleve it, that he was going to bite Jem but i was in the way so Iam shock/awe and I say lets just go and we move on with our traning about a mile away i start to think wow it hurts a bit and look at it and its all read and bloody now ...of course this only happens to me NOW thinking what if it need a rabies shot, what if it has some thing that now i have...iam so mad thinking about it...needless to say. Kate's all like OMG we got to go back to the car now you got to get that cleaned out (she says all this right after it happened when of curse i did not think it was goning to bleed) when i refuse to go to the car right way (becouse its 2 miles away anyway) so we finish the 9 miles by that time i have come to grip with the fact that yes i was bit, yeas i was so mad that i stormed away and yes i have NO information on this man or is potentialy rabid dog...(the man was actually taking his kid to a scoccer game so HOPEFULLY it will have updated shots
any way thanks to my handy dandy first aid kit that now needs to be re-filled i self alcoholed, gemicided and covered so i could drive home...only to have to go to work ...now let me tell you that seven hours later the bruise is a big as a softball and the wound as big as a pingpongball, oy thank goodness for working in a hospital

well ladies thats what happened to me today crazy really
Old 04-15-2006, 08:20 PM   #9  
marathoner in tranning

Ohh Ohh wait we need extra to keep away from things we DONT need,
but do have a happy, blessed easter

love u laides,
carolina
Closed Thread