Carb Counters - Weekly Chat....April 10-16

View Full Version : Weekly Chat....April 10-16

lady_adnerb
04-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Morning everyone. The weekend (wedding) is over. Food wasn't the best choice, but I didn't gain like I thought. Stepped on the scale before we left and it read 149!!! Stepped on it this morning and it was 152. I'm ok with that. I'm back to "normal" eating and I've confidence that I'll start losing again. Right now I'm not feeling too well (sore throat, stuffy nose, headache), but I've got a few more loads of laundry to do and then I'm going to lay down. Dang I'm not going to have a break to recuperate until Wednesday night! ARGH! Ok..off to go hang another load of clothes on the line and then figure out what to do next. I refuse to clean today. Laundry'll be about all I'm going to do. It'll have to be enough.

:wave: Hi everyone!!

Ciarra
04-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone!
Things went well this weekend. We went out to eat several times and I ate well but clean. Gotta get back to reality and start cooking for myself this week. Did not really exercise like normal this weekend, just some bike riding with my child. Gotta get back on board with that today!
Tonight we visit the inlaws. So today gotta get everything ready to bomb the house for bugs (YUCK!!!) while we are gone. My son had a friend come and spend the night and although he left and went home now I have roaches. Sorry just had to vent. Can't stand bugs. So that's my day.
Hopefullly tommorrow will be more fun.

SherryA
04-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Are you saying your son's friend brought roaches? How?

Anyway I can tell I am just screwing myself up by not planning more carefully. Yesterday I stayed busy most of the day, hardly ate all day long, and today the scale is up. I've got to buy foods that I can eat and make sure that I do eat more. You'd think the scale would be down due to low calorie, but it doesn't work that way with my body. I have to change my way of looking at things. I need to eat to lose, and mentally it never has felt like that made any sense.

Leenie
04-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Can't stand bugs.

Sorry, I had to giggle because your ticker has a lady bug on it LOL.

ilovemike4alwayz
04-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Well I have done good on my strict induction for day one. I am really sunburned and I think the heat from it is making me sick to my stomach. I have to go to the gym later on tonight to meet with one of the trainers. Well i am off to watch Narnia.

-Sandra

plb@m
04-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Sandra- Let me know how Narnia is I've been try to watch it for a week now.

Ciarra - Had the same thing happen with one od dd's friend she had them in her overnight bag. Sucks having to bomb with out planning a day for it ,but if you wait you never know how bad they can get. Hate bugs too.

I was planning on having pizza today and then do induction again, but the pizza place isn't open today. That really sucks because I already ate cookies. So no pizza for while . It's the one thing I really wanted.

Hope everyone is having a good day,
plb

RobinW
04-10-2006, 07:56 PM
:wave: Im here
Restarted again today...I need to shed this extra layer!!!!

Tennessee
04-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Hello everyone,
Narnia is a wonderful movie, I even paid to see it twice in the theater.

Come on Robin, you can do it, just think... Summer's commin' and I'm gonna be wearing shorts!

I'm glad that day one is almost over Sandra, the first few are the worst I think, then it gets to be old hat. But you know that already - hang in there :)

Hope everyone had a great Monday

Tenn

SherryA
04-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Well so far today I've fasted. I'm planning to do it again tomorrow too. I really want to fit into that dress Wednesday night and if fasting is what it takes to get there I can do that.

I'm wearing my size 18 jeans today. They are a bit snug, but not too bad, they don't feel like they are about to split or anything. I'm hoping the dress will fit too when I try it on again.

I'm tempted, really really tempted to fast for more than 2 days. I'd like to just see for once how long I can go without eating. Sounds weird I guess, but I really don't have much appetite when fasting, it is way easier than it sounds. And one thing about it it is a way to have negative calories and to force the body to burn fat.

Most likely if I do it though, I'd have to keep it secret from my husband (which might not be easy to do) because I know he will resist my efforts to do that. He thinks its not healthy. Maybe not for him, he has low blood sugar issues sometimes and is so super thin he has no fat to live on. But me? I could probably live a year on my fat alone! (no maybe not that long, but you know what I mean).

The only thing that would worry me is the idea of slowing my metabolism any further. I don't want it to become super efficient.

ilovemike4alwayz
04-11-2006, 03:51 AM
Ok Narnia was AWESOME!!!!! I am so glad that I forked out the money for it. I went to meet with the trainer last night and we went over what exercises I have been doing and what i have been eating and she said that I am not doing bad, but that I need to eat more veggies, which I do and not so many of the shakes and bars, which are fine, but not as much as I have and I needed to change up my exercise routine. When I start my new job and I am able to afford it, I am so going to hire her. We discussed so much last night and she made me feel good about helping me reach my goal and she if the first trainer that I met that didnt BS with me. So in May she is going to help me design a plan just for me. YAY.

-Sandra

M&Gmom
04-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I loved Narnia too.....as well as my kids.

:wave: headed to bed ladies. I'll try to catch up later. Have a great day!

RobinW
04-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Sleep well Jackie

Did good yesterday, got my workout in, and ate what I was suppose to, and nothing more.

Dh and I bought a small drafting table yesterday...then we both :eek: put it together!! He was actually pretty good, and a big help :lol: I figured Id be putting it together myself. Now I can declutter the dining room table, and get my work on the drafting table instead!

Broke down and got my hair cut yesterday. She took a good 3 inches off! :eek: Its a flippy little do, I can still pull it back, but just barely! Dh isnt too sure, and dd, was quite upset....she wanted me to keep it long. But it was starting to look really scraggly and very unhealthy. It looks so much better now. I think dh should thank his lucky stars, I didnt go back to the very very short "haley barry" look I had 3 yrs ago. I loved that hair cut.

Well, we are off to tackle the new "to-do" list for today............have a good one ladies.

lady_adnerb
04-11-2006, 09:40 AM
We bougth Narnia just haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Too many things going on. Maybe this weekend. Food and water was good last night. So I'm hoping to see a drop in the scale :) Probably won't make the weight goal for the Easter Dress challenge...but I'm happy with having jumped right back OP so fast. Then again, having a sore throat/headache and then going to carb withdrawal (sleepy) isn't a good mix. Not when there's too much to do today. I'm hoping to get it all done this morning and then maybe taking a nap before the GS meeting. After the GS meeting there's an adult GS meeting for leaders at this one restaurant. Hopefully they've got induction foods there. Salad and some type of chicken (or maybe steak) sounds good. Ok. Off to go do my errands.
:wave: hi everyone!! Don't forget your water!!!

Ciarra
04-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Morning,
The scale is fixed. DH got a battery and put it in because he ate tons this weekend and wanted to see what he weighed and while he is up, I am delightfully down to 193.0!!!! So chugging along towards 186 slow but sure.

Yes my son's friend brought them with him in his overnight bag. Unfortunate but true. Also we decided to put it off because the friend's parents are going out of town tonight for the dad's birthday and he will be here tonight. So doing that after he comes. Great friends just they have not been able to get their bugs gone. But mine will be. Have the bengal spray for the occasional offender, 3 bombs for the house and then boric acid for afterwards. As my husband says it will be WAR, he can't stand them either.

Anyway, i do like some bugs. Lady bugs are one of my favorite's. They do great things for my tomato plants. Which I really need to get planted today. Going to put out some squash seeds as well. I have cantelope too and debating those. I'm not a huge fan, but dh is. My lettuce though is finally big enough for consideration and I think I'll make a wrap at lunch with some. Love fresh veggies and it helps with the grocery bill. Hoping soon my beets will be ready. You cook the leaves like spinach but they are so tasty.

Narnia was wonderfull. We saw it at the theatre with our son and we took our 2 nephews too. Everyone loved it. I really hope that they will make some of the other books into movies.

Well gotta go change over my ticker and get my walking in. Then some gardening and house cleaning. Ya'll have a great day!

SherryA
04-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Well my news is good and bad. I stayed on my fast all day yesterday and the scale is down to 242 today. That's my 40 pounds off mark from my top weight. So I'm kind of pleased with that. I have been as much as one pound smaller than this since restarting this wol in December, but I figure it will be gone soon.

I'm fasting again today, so maybe tomorrow I might even hit into the 230's. I'd like that. What amazes me about fasting is how easy it really is to do and how much more TIME you have when doing it. I told my husband he would have to do dinner for himself and the kids yesterday and he did. My son is sick and went to bed right after school so he didn't eat and I was fasting so I didn't eat. So just DH and DD.

The bad news... and it still has me reeling is that my husband lost his job yesterday. I knew it was dangerous, the stupid things he was doing. Missing too many days etc. But yesterday could have been avoided if he had listened to me. His alarm was turned down (the volume) and didn't wake him up yesterday morning. I woke up at 6:15 and woke him up saying "aren't you supposed to be at work?" Well he got up and dashed around and got ready and then didn't go in. I think he called in sick instead (thinking that would be more acceptable than being late?) Well anyway they called him back and fired him.

So I feel like someone has punched me in the stomach. Most of last year he worked with a man earning a pretty good wage per hour, but not earning much for the year. I was just trying to do our taxes last night and am totally baffled about how much more complicated it is going to be for us this year with his "self employment" that he was doing with that guy.

So anyway we got behind on our bills and were just getting to the point where I was feeling hopeful about catching up since I'm going to be working 6 hours a day and eventually 8, but now this... I'm heartsick and worried, but trying my hardest to leave it in my heavenly Father's hands. Surely He will help us out and make things better.

The goofy thing I keep thinking, is that I kind of wanted to extend my fasting time anyway. This way we will pay less out for me in food anyway! LOL! Not that I would do it for that reason, but it does occur to me to be something that might help. I've surely got enough stored fuel to last me awhile.

Tennessee
04-11-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry about your hubby's job situation Sherry, that really is worrisome. Can he collect unemployment? I know things will be stressful, but you're doing so well, I hope you are able to stay on track. Hugs and good wishes to you!

Do we get some pictures of the new do Robin? After having my hair long my whole life, I cut it a few years back. I LOVE shorter hair, and can't imagine wanting to mess with long hair again.

The scale isn't budging these days. Seems like I lost 50 and my body decided to pause and contimplate the situation :( I know if I stick with it, it'll start coming off again, just hate waiting.

Take care everyone, and keep up the good work,
Tenn

Ciarra
04-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Sherry,
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's job situation. I agree he should look into unemployment benifits as quickly as possible.
I saw that you are in california. I'm in Texas and there is a nondenominational food program in both our states (as well as some more) called angelfoodministries(.com) if you want to visit their website. It helps to save a lot on groceries if everyone isn't too picky. I have to fill in with extra veggies, coffee, milk, etc. But a lot of food is available for a low cost. My grocery bill is about half what it was. Basic box is $25 and is designed to feed a family of 4 for most of the week for that price. Then they have specials which are meat only. Again you might just check it out.
Be carefull with the fasting. I'm a little worried about you. It can really hurt your metabolism. And even if money is tight you still need to take care of yourself.

Falon
04-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Afternoon All:

Sherry - so sorry about the job loss. It really can send you into turmoil, but with some good strength (and the help of some good friends :D ) it will all work out.

I will try and catch up on personals later. I have the plumber coming today, and need to get some things out of his way in the basement. I will report that we still made it to the gym last night, but I had a hard time sleeping last night due to it. We got done at 8:30 and were in bed by 9:30, so way to close. Today should be earlier. :) Scale was up a pound day before yesterday, but I think that was due to the 6 mile bike ride, and 2 mile walk. Built some muscle, at least that's what i'll keep telling myself. ;)

Hugs everyone.

hockeyfan7
04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm back! Trip-wise, we had a great time. My SIL's baby is up to 7 lbs now and he's very cute. We had fun at the baseball game even though the Orioles lost. We didn't get to DC because it rained all day Friday and Saturday. But I did go shopping at the mall and hit a great sale at Hecht's.

Food-wise, let's not go there. I had cotton candy at the baseball game and a smoothie once and chocolate fudge. But I did eat a lot of crab which is yummy and some really good fish. And we did a lot of walking.

bnbsmommy1
04-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Just checkin in to let everyone who knows me know that I am alive!!!

We found the most beautiful house in the world!! It seriously looks like it could be in a magazine, it's on 5 acres, RIGHT next to a small town school and is more than I ever dreamed of having. I've been on the phone and driving around to sign papers for 2 days now and now it's just a wait wait wait thing. I haven't been this stressed in years.

We've literally been spending EVERY cent we have on the realtor, adjustors, inspectors, etc. I had 2 eggs left last night and I had one for breakfast and one for lunch. I just ate some chocolate cereal and I'm contemplating some cookies that are sitting on the table that my mother brought to the kids.

Anyway, this is why I'm not online much, if you're the praying type, send some up for us please so that we make the right decisions and everything goes through smoothly.

thanks guys :hug:

Lacey

M&Gmom
04-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Sherry - so sorry to hear about your DH job situation. Sending lots of positive energy your way. Don't be too stressed about it....stress does bad things to a body.

Lacey - I'm so glad you posted. I was getting worried about you. The house sounds GREAT! Hope it all works out for you.

Falon - :wave:

Susan - Sounds like you had fun on your trip. The cotton candy sounds yummy, but :devil:

Nothing much new in my little neck of the woods. Been cheat free now for over three weeks. I feel like I'm kinda in a stall "lbs" wise. But maybe the inches are still coming off.
I'm trying to get my kids ready to go to their grandma's for 4 days. Been busy.

Talk to you all later.

ilovemike4alwayz
04-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Ok well I had a good workout today. I finally got on the treadmill and decided to be brave and jog. Felt good. The trainer told me that I need to eat more veggies and she is right, so I bought some today and instead of bacon and breakfast sausage, I am going to try ham and veggie omlet. I also found low carb tortillas that I can cut in half cause they are big and they should make for some fun stuff. Well other than that, not much to report.

-Sandra

ilovemike4alwayz
04-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Ok so I am swearing off the scales anymore and sticking to my inches. I dont care what I weigh, as long as I am happy with what I look like. And yes the scale has gone up, but my inches came down some more and I am very happy with that:carrot: I am really proud of myself to for finally getting the courage to get on the treadmill and run and I broke out of the women's gym and went out into the big gym and worked with the big boys. Sounds kind of dumb, but the thought of those 2 things was almost paralyzing to me, but yesterday I did it all on my own and you know what, I was ok afterwards and no one was laughing at me. Actually some guy asked me for my # and he was a cutie, but once he saw my ring he apologized and left me alone. I told my husband and he wasnt mad, but excited cause he cant wait to see me. He said he is gonna have to carry a stick to beat the guys off, lol. Well I hope that you ladies have a good day today and think healthy.

PS SHerry, please dont fast too long. I am worried about you not eating.

-Sandra

lady_adnerb
04-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Cirra: WTG on the weight loss. Just remember not to rely too heavily on the scale and don't forget measurements!! Keep up the great work!

Sherry: Sorry to hear about your DH's job. And I've got to agree with everyone else....be careful on the fat fast. You shouldn't do the fast if you don't have to and it sounded like the scale was moving. But I understand your reasoning--just be careful!! :hug:

Tenn: Your optimism is always an inspiration to me! Keep up the awesome work and WTG again on the weight loss you've succeeded with :)

Falon: You're doing awesome with the exercise!! Sorry to hear you couldn't sleep. Hopefully it gets better!!

Susan: Sounds like a fun time--welcome back :wave:

Lacey: WOW! Talk about stress! Hope all goes well with the house and you get what you want!!

Jackie: WTG on being cheat free. That is such a great accomplishment! Keep up the great work! Can't wait until I can say that again. You're right, the inches are probably still dropping so don't worry about the scale!

Sandra: WTG on conquering your fear. And to get hit on to boot! That is AWESOME :) Keep up the great work and it's going to be great to hear about your DH's reaction when he sees you. No intimate details please :lol:

Well, went to the GS dinner last night....ate steak but made the mistake of getting fries. ARGH. I've got to learn self control and to ask for veggies instead. So compounded the mistake when I got home and ate a couple GS cookies. Jeesh! And to tell the truth they didn't even TASTE that good. So it's back to strict induction for me. I've got to get back on track. I'm going to also try and squeeze some exercise in again. I want to reach the goal of exercising more.

M&Gmom
04-12-2006, 08:46 AM
WAY TO GO SANDRA :bravo: on the being brave. You are doing great and are going to look fabulous!

Hey Brenda....sending you lots of :dust: and a great big :hug:

:wave: off to bed I go....

RobinW
04-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Good Morning

Sherry~ Im so sorry to hear about hubby's job....go easy on yourself.

Lacey~ House buying is one of the most stressful things for me, but Im so excited for you!!! Lots of well wishes heading your way!

Brenda~ :dust:

Sandra~ WGT on changing things up at the gym!!!!!

I didnt get to the gym yesterday, but I did get a walk out in the wonderful sunshine. Eating is op, its been a bit of a struggle. But like you said Tenn, summer is coming, and I can do this!!

More sorting and organizing to do today...off to the gym with a friend too. Hopefully she will join, and I'll have a buddy to go with everyday.

Thats it for my corner of the world. Have a great day ladies!

SherryA
04-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi guys. Well my two days of fasting has landed me at 239 this morning. I'm delighted with that. Down from 245 on Monday morning. Of course I know that like with Atkins a lot of it is water weight and as soon as I eat it will go back up. So I may extend it for a few days so that the "up" won't be too bad. Going to see how it goes. I'm not really hungry and I know there is a lot of stored fuel in this body.

I wouldn't be doing it because of DH's job, I just have wanted to fast for a very long time. I like it. Not sure why I like it except that my mind seems more clear, I seem to have more time to think, and of course the weight loss is rapid and makes me feel like I'm not spinning my wheels so much as the other ways I've used to lose weight. I once spent 8 days on a fast, I'd like to see if I could do that again, but I'm not going to do anything too extreme. Not going to let it make me feel rotten. As long as I still feel good though I don't see why not.

Part of what has been discouraging me on Atkins is that I'm still above that original 50 pounds off that I lost when first doing it and I've been despairing of getting back there. I wanted to be there by today and I'm still 7 pounds up from that point. I want to hit Onederland by July and the way things were going I wasn't feeling like that was going to happen. Maybe it will if I keep on keeping on this way for awhile.

I know in America people seem to think that fasting is bad for you, but I read in the Bible (and other places) that fasts were regular things for people in other lands and that they seemed to think nothing of it. They probably did it for reasons of mental clarity (and it does do that), but it apparently didn't harm them. Jesus did it for 40 days and then he "felt hungry". From what I have read about fasts, they only start to be harmful to you if you continue them beyond that point. That you feel hungry again, when your body needs fuel, which I assume is when it has used most of your stored fuel.

Anyway I'm pleased with what I've managed to do so far, I don't believe it is all water because I've been drinking lots of water.

On another note, my husband is telling me that the road I need to travel tonight for my special event is closed due to a landslide. It has been raining cats and dogs here and the town a few towns over that I need to go to is out in the Russian River area. That area is notorious for floods when the river overflows its banks.

So now I'm wondering what everyone is going to do. Whether we will have to meet somewhere else or what. Such strange weather we are having.

Lacey the house buying sounds exciting! Where do you live?

Falon
04-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Morning Ladies:

Brenda - I'll second the :dust: When we went to Outback last week, the girl brought out the bread, and I told her to save it for someone else, and take it back. :) Next time, if they bring something out like that on your plate, say.. I'm sorry, but I forgot to ask if I could just have steamed veggies. :) You can do this dear lady.

Jackie - check the inches first. You never know. And what ever you do, don't let the scale attack you like it did me! LOL

Sandra - When I was at the gym the other night with Andy (My 6'3 man) this guy was on the treadmill facing the track. I'll be honest.. he was really hot! Everytime we went by, he was checking me out.. locking eyes with me. This is 23 times! Then he'd give a little smile, and then the last time we went around, he winked at me. I was thinking - no friggin way he just did that - then we came around again, and he was getting off the machine, locked eyes again, and mouthed "Hi". Of course Andy didn't see a darn thing, but I still found it strange. The only thing I could figure is maybe he likes girls that have big asses! I'm thin on top (with good sized boobs), and heavy on bottom... LMAO! Strange. It's like Andy says, there are guys who are fitness buffs, who can't help but be attracted to big girls. I guess theres truth in that, if this guy wasn't screwing with me! Possible..

Sherry - Congrats on the fasting, but be careful still. It can sneak back up on you after you really start to eat again. Yes it's good for mental clearity. I have done it for deep meditation. Be good to yourself, and pay attention to your body. Be careful going to your event tonight. Doesn't sound like you're area is having good luck!

Lacey - I was going to post if anyone had seen you yesterday! Glad all is well, and i'm sending good vibes on your potential new home! Sounds awesome.. Keep us posted!

Susan - I'm glad your back, and you had a good time. I agree with Jackie - the cotton candy sounds :devil: LOL!

Robin - I hope you have a new buddy for the gym. That always helps.. Even though I refer to Andy as Major Payne, it is nice to have someone go with me. :)

I am preparing the house for my brothers visit (including his wife and son) on Friday, and I really should have gotten started a few days ago. The plumber was here for 2 hours yesterday, but at least today, I can catch up on laundry! I hate the idea, but I had to go several days without doing it. *sigh* DD has a show at an Irish Pub in Boulder on Saturday, and my brother will be here to watch her. He hasn't seen her in 7 years, so it's going to be weird for him to see this 5'5 girl of all legs dancing, when the last time he saw her, she was 5. Didn't make it to the gym last night since the plumber was here till 7:30, so we just had dinner and went to bed. I told Andy I can't go walking that late. He agreed. His day today shouldn't be to long so we can go earlier. So off to clean. Hugs to you all, and I hope you all have a nice hump day!

:hug:

Ciarra
04-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone!
Just checking in quickly to say hi. I have already had a lunch slightly off plan but now this afternoon back to business.

ilovemike4alwayz
04-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah but didnt the guy checking you out make you feel good. I know it does for me and for the love of god I would never act on it, but it makes me want to work out harder. Well I went to the gym and I know I said that I swore off the scale, but I crumbled and weighed, but I was down 3 lbs since yesterday, so I am back on track with my ticker. I think it is because of the veggies I incorporated into my diet like the trainer said to do and let me tell you, I dont have to do the fiber anymore, TMI I know, but I feel better too. They changed my schedule at work and I am going to be working later in the morning to later at night now, so this is going to allow me to go to the gym in the mornings now which really makes me happy. Ok well I have to go and figure out something for dinner and lunch tomorrow.

-Sandra

ilovemike4alwayz
04-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Ok I was trying to change my ticker, but there is some sort of malfunction going on cause it wont record it right. But I am down another pound. I am so happy that I am back at the gym in the mornings. Well I have to keep this short for right now cause I want to put my measurements and I am running out of time.

-Sandra

RobinW
04-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Good Morning

I got attacked yesterday by those evil little cadbury eggies :eek: I paid for it too!!!!! So, Im back to it today! OMG the hotflashes last night were absolutely horrid!!! Poor hubby! :lol:

Did a bit of plant shopping last night....now as long as I can keep them alive, I'll be good :lol:

Have a great day ladies.

bnbsmommy1
04-13-2006, 10:01 AM
I was just telling my DH how much I miss those eggs, Robin!!!

weird things happening to me, I haven't exercised in about 7 days, my body has turned to flab, my fat rolls have returned but I weigh less than I ever have. So I know this isn't really a good thing and I think it's all just due to stress.

anyway, I have GOT to get my act together and start coming in here more often!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Lacey

SherryA
04-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Wow guys. My ketostix this morning was so dark purple it was nearly black! I don't think I've ever seen it that dark. Scale was down to 237 this morning too. I expect after I've been up awhile it will go even lower. Usually the first weight of the morning still has some water it needs to lose.

Now that I'm in some deep serious ketosis I expect this journey to get a little harder. But I'm not prepared to worry about it yet. Just drink my water and make sure I keep my energy levels high.

I hope everyone else is doing well. I love seeing that scale move even if I have to get extreme to see it.

lady_adnerb
04-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Jackie: Hope you had a nice sleep

Robin: So did your friend decide to join? And what type of plants did you get?

Sherry: WTG on the weight loss. I understand what you're saying about the fasts in the bible. And like you said--you're listening to your body for when it's calling for food. :hug:

Falon: Sounds like your going to the gym is a great ego boost. And heck yeah take it that way!! Keep up the great workout plans and I think it's great Andy is helping you by being your exercise pal. Wish my DH would!!

Ciarra: WTG on getting right back on plan instead of staying off track!

Sandra: You just gave me maybe the clue to why I don't need fiber. But what else to eat besides veggies? I mean, I LOVE salads and such and we're supposed to eat those so how to cut that down? Hm.. WTG on the pound gone!!

Lacey: Do you think it's loss of muscle tone? STAY AWAY FROM THOSE EGGS!!

I didn't exercise yesterday. And I think I was short on my water intake. Out of practice again! Eating was OP though so that's a step in the right direction and the scale went down to what my ticker says. So I'm happy about that. I'll take that for the week's loss. I've got to figure out what we're going to do for Easter dinner. Was thinking we could make our own meal here. That would probably tick my mom off (again. As we no longer eat Thanksgiving there), but I've got to start looking out for what's right for my family. And I think Easter here sounds like a good thing :) Ham and a salad. Or maybe we'll get adventurous and just have green beans. :lol: But I'm hungry for that (my family calls it green sh**) pistacchio salad. The kind with cool whip, pistacchio pudding, pineapple and marshmallows. Hmm..might splurge and actually eat that. Dunno yet. Definitely SHOULDN'T :) Well, the girls are out of school until next week Tuesday and so I got up later than usual...which means I haven't had breakfast yet. Was thinking of just drinking a shake. I'm not even that hungry. But I'm planning on having them help me clean the house so I best get started.
Don't forget your water everyone :) (yes, even reminding myself) :wave:

Ciarra
04-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Morning! My scale said 191 this morning!!!! Which means I am no longer obese just overweight! At lease by the bmi calculators. A very nice Easter present a little early.
As for Easter I have to check on that today. My husband has that big Hispanic family get together syndrome. Typically they do for Easter but it has been a really bizzarly bad year. His uncle (the youngest off 3 brothers) passed away in November from cancer. Thanksgiving and Christmas were just kind of there holidays. In january his dad's restaurant burned down after 37 years (he is trying to get into a building and reopen) and this past week the other brother (the middle one) is in the hospital with cancer. We don't know how bad it is yet or anything about treatment options. And husband's mom is having hip replacement surgery in about 3 weeks. So no one is feeling festive.
I would really like to just cook here. Would be much lower stress.

RobinW
04-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Brenda~ yup, she is going to join on Monday...since I dont go on the weekends, she thought monday would be the day to start. Im so excited...its going to be really nice to have someone to go with...and keep me accountable! ....the plants, I bought a peace lilly (cuz I cant kill those :lol: ) a dragon tree, and 2 other little things, that didnt have tags, but they look nice in my living room :lol:

Ciarra~ :bravo: I cant wait until Im out of the obese zone too!! Keep up the great work!

Lacey~ they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not worth it!!! I got into them, about 2 weeks ago, and Im literally pulling myself out from eggie ****!! (remember the hair falling out thing?)

I think I have to sit down and make out my shopping list for easter. Im still not sure what to have :dunno: I dont want ham, or turkey, dh wants roast beef....so we shall see what I can figure out.

Did my workout this afternoon, was a light one because my gf was with me, and I was showing her all the equipment and how to use it. But I got there and did some work, so thats the main thing!

nasus40
04-13-2006, 06:26 PM
HI all still plugging away with the exercise and diet. though no cheats I have nto seen the scale move since the first day of the month. then it went back up. I have not measured no time.

House is getting painted and I am so excited. I will post some pictures when it is done. I will get back to you later when i have more time! but for now HI!!!

hockeyfan7
04-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Afternoon everyone! It's a gorgeous day in Denver. I went to Wal-Mart today to return a sweater and ended up buying 3 more. They were on sale. Sale is on my top 10 favorite word list.

I have the day off tomorrow and I'm looking forward to sleeping in. With our trip, it's just been go, go, go and I've gotten way off track. I haven't been to the gym for a week. And Robin didn't yell at me for not posting in the exercise thread either!

Ciarra
04-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Sue,
I seem to lose in spurts. i won't lose for awhile and then drop several pounds in a day or 2. I was told fat cells shrink but hold water trying to hold their size and then eventually drop the water. Hopefully soon yours will drop that water and you'll see the scale move. Drink plenty of extra water and hopefully that will help.
Was working in the yard this afternoon and found/then killed a snake. I'm a little squemish about them so raked all the leaves and burnt them. So I got in my exercise today. We live in the country so they are in abundance this time of the year.
mom in law called and said they are having dinner. She mentioned ham and roast, and desserts........She wants me to make some of the latter. Just what a house full of diabetics needs. Anyway I said I'd bring a big salad from my garden lettuce and nice pretty tomatoes. She wasn't excited but at least there will be a side that I can eat without guilt.
My husband is allergic to spring. Been grumpy all week. Grrrr.... So aggravating and nothing makes him happy. He may be finding that he can prepare his own meals, do his own laundry, etc. Didn't like what I made for dinner and I made him somethingelse and still not happy. Think he can cook for himself this weekend.

Falon
04-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Morning Ladies:

Can't stay for personals, but I give each and everyone of you a BIG :hug:
I am anticipating my little brothers arrival tonight for a week long visit. My kids haven't seen him in 7 years, and I have only seen my 4 year old nephew once, so i'm really excited.

In conjunction with trying to get the house prepared, I have jumped on the flylady.net bandwagon. Any other flybabies here? I tried about 5 years ago, but couldn't commit. That is one thing I am trying to change in my life, is when I say i'm going to do something, i'm going to do it! LOL Kinda like LOOSE WEIGHT! Declutter the house, declutter the mind. That's the attempt anyhow. :D

No scale move this week. In fact it went up a pound and stayed there, but it has to be from the excersise. No complaints here. Haven't made it to the gym the last few days. My excersise has been here in the house.

Warning - sorry for the capslock:

I HAVE DONE 12 LOADS OF LAUNDRY IN 2 DAYS!!! :mad: That sucks, and shows how out of control my house has been.That's a lot of stairs to the basement. Moose's room is imaculate, and so is my bedroom and walk in closet. :tired:

It does count doesn't it?? LOL I'll still be around a little, but busy.

Happy Friday Girls!

lady_adnerb
04-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Ok. Going to have to make this fast. Lost planned today. Just hope I can get it all done. I need to do some cleaning (Falon--I bet my house is/was a close second to yours), then take pictures to the in-laws. Then I'm going cell phone hunting. Our current plan ends on Monday and I want different ones before then so I can cancel the current one. It stinks! Can't call anyone from my house. Anyway, I probably won't manage to make it online much next week. DH is off from work and we'll be going fishing (weather permitting). So hope you all have a Happy Easter and a great next week. I'll check in when I can :hug: to you all :wave:

activeadventurer
04-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Hi folks,

Not much happening with me. My big excitement is that I lost another half inch off my waist for a total of 10. Every little bit helps. Looking forward to the holiday. The best toall of you.

Denise aka active adventurer

SherryA
04-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Good morning guys.

Falon I've been a flybaby for sometime now. Right now you wouldn't know it because I've been abdicating all my good habits and routines. Hubby lost his job this week and my little boy has been sick most of the week, so the routine is upset, (and I've been fasting letting everything else but what I have to do, go by the wayside). Still the decluttering helps a lot. My house upstairs is mostly decluttered, and that makes it easier to keep things clean and neat.

The kitchen is a real hotspot this week because hubby has been cooking but not cleaning up after himself and I don't want to go near the area until I am eating again.

I'm feeling really really good. Love the mental energy and the euphoric feeling of this. It almost feels like large amounts of endorphins are being released to my brain. Those feel good hormones. Considering the stress of Monday and hearing that hubby lost his job it is amazing how good and how stress free I feel. Normally I would be freaking out. Did the fasting make that much difference? Or was it the prayers? (Much more focus for prayer right now).

Anyway the weight loss isn't bad either. Ketostix are dark dark nearly black purple, and the weight is falling off. My shoulder that was hurting so much from a touch of arthritis or pulled muscle or whatever it was isn't hurting at all either and my knee even feels better. Maybe there is something to the idea of the body having time to rest and heal itself and metabolize diseased and damaged tissues. I have a bump on one finger knuckle that I've thought was the beginning of arthritis, if it goes away during this time I'll know for sure that the website I read wasn't just fooling around.

Anyway the scale is down and I'm feeling very good about that. At the start of my fast on Monday I weighed 245.

Ciarra
04-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Morning! My goal for Sunday is 186. This morning when I weighed I saw 188. I know my body is finall dropping that water out of the fat cells. I just don't know if it will hold up through Sunday. Anyway it is only 2 more pound so here's hoping.
DH is in a much better mood today. He started some new blood pressure meds and I think they effect him badly. He's never like that and been that way most of this week. I'm pretty easy going but last night I blew up.
Going for an herbal body wrap today. My Easter treat.

Ciarra
04-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Okay after a couple of trips to the bathroom i thought I would weigh again. And saw 186.2 3 times in a row. Fiber and nuts. Anyway I'm going to call it my Easter goal. One more pound and 20 pounds from my overall goal.
Couldn't be happier. Gotta get my ticker changed!

Born2run2
04-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi all , it is raining this morning. DH took the day off so I slept in (HOORAY). So today is not going to be a running day, I will probably just do my yoga, and maybe my taebo. I'm not losing a great deal of weight this time around but the inches are going, so I guess that is what counts.I'm glad everyone seems to be doing well, and hope everyone has a great day. Found out I am going to have my 11th grand child in July. DDinlaw finally told me officially that it was going to happen. I have noticed she was putting on weight,when I asked her she was secretive. Anyway I told her I am thrilled. Judy

RobinW
04-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Didnt realize I hadnt posted today, until I came to check to see what everyone was up to :lol:

Been busy..........all is good, have a great dayd ladies!

bnbsmommy1
04-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Hi sweeties!!!

Sherry: I am SO THRILLED for you!! You're doing awesome!! :carrot:

I haven't walked in an entire week and I've lost 3 pounds, so I'm thinking it's just my muscle turning into fat. I think I'm kind of slipping into OWL but it's not bothering me a bit. I ate some cookies the other day and I didn't die, I ate a couple of strawberries for breakfast on Thursday and I'm just trying to ease into a liveable lifestyle. I am a size 10/12 now, and even though my goal is still 150, I'm a very happy, fulfilled person, and I could not have said that when I started in July. If I didn't lose a single pound more that would be okay, I can live like this. I never ever ever want to be that large again and I'm just so thankful that I've had you all through this journey. I wish I could give the 3FC's some big hugs because I don't know what I'd do without this board!!!

sorry, I must be hormonal LOL

Lace

Tennessee
04-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Lacey, you're so inspring! I want to be able to feel like what you just posted some day. Wow, a 10 is my dream size (in something other than shoes or panties, that is LOL).

I'm frustrated because the scale still isn't moving in the right direction, I actually GAINED 2 pounds :(. I don't know if it's TOM (I'm irregular, so never really know when it's coming) or a result of exercise since I started walking again, but I DO know it's frustrating. I double checked fitday and it looks good there, so it's not what I'm eating. I think I'll eat just eggs today and up my water to see if that helps. I'd do it for the whole weekend if it wasn't Easter, I really don't want to give up my holiday. I don't think I'm going to be able to make my next goal now, and it bums me out. I really wanted to be in Onederland at my family reunion in July. Although I know that they won't know the difference one way or the other, they'll just see that I'm thinner than I've been since High School, I'll know.

It's supposed to be 80 today so I'm going to take my sorry self for a walk before it gets too hot.

Hope you all have a great weekend,
Tenn

bnbsmommy1
04-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Tenn: I know your aggrivation, but I PROMISE that 30 lbs. by July is completely do-able if you strictly stay to it from now until that point. And don't forget the daily exercise and tons of water. If you stick to it 100% then by the time you go to the reunion you will feel so AWESOME about yourself that you won't even care if it's not EXACTLY onederland. You know I'm always here if you need someone to talk/yell/vent to!!

Had an awesome walk this morning and I've got a million things to do, hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend!!

Lacey

Ciarra
04-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Born2Run2: Congradulations on your soon to be new grandbaby. How exciting.
Lacey: Glad to hear such a good positive tone. I am glad you are moving into OWL somewhat. the food choices are so varied and really most things you can have again just higher fiber/lower carb versions. I really enjoy those choices myself and make sit so much easier.
Tenn: I was in your boat earlier this week and then those pesky fat cells let go of their water. Went from 193 to 186 ina period of 3 days. I figure mine will start doing it again and then in 2 to 3 weeks I can expect a few days of losses. It is so discouraging, but hang in there. It will happen for you. The only thing I really have to watch is salt intake. Just keep an eye on yours and see if it might be your culprit. Bacon (which I do eat occasionally) seems to get me the worse. Even in small amounts. Sausage though I can eat in moderation wit no ill effects.

yesterday was a really busy day. I tried an herbal body wrap yesterday and my skin just loved it. Feels so soft. We went to Dallas afterwards. It was busy erands kinds of things. I love Dreamfield's pasta and have to go into Dallas to get it. Stocked up though. And got Easter basket stuff/egg hunt stuff.
In case I get busy and don't get a chance to jump back on....
Happy Easter everyone!

nasus40
04-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Still time is at a premium but still hitting the gym. I have precious little time to eat let alone sleep so I have seen the scale move now which is good but at what expence. last night I stopped thinking and could not remember where I place a paper with report on it for the next shift. I had been from one end of the building to the other and back several times where I could have lost the paper. DD1 came over 8 am looking for a workout buddy so guess what I went! and I feel beter for going but i think i could have used that time more productivly today. since I am heading back to work this afternoon and do not think I will be out until 11 again. I think I will be hitting about 68 hours this week. most of it is working the floor.

I must go and run and get all my stuff done so little time and so much to do.

Hi to all you guys and wish you a happy easter.

RobinW
04-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Lacey!! Im so happy for you!! :hug: :hug: You are an inspiration for all of us!

Does anyone else feel like they have to knuckle down, and get this weight off? Ive been feeling ......I dont know really....almost like now is the time for the rest of it to come off and enough is enough?

I need a new challenge....to get me to the summer. Anyone else? Im geared up and ready......monday sound good?

bnbsmommy1
04-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Robin, I'm TOTALLY for a new challenge!!! we could have

'Sexy Mama on Mother's Day'
'Beautiful Beach Babe'
'Hot as a firecracker'

I'm ready for anything!! Monday sounds awesome!!!

SherryA
04-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi guys. My scale hit 231 this morning! And I took my measurements again and I've lost 65 inches! Granted I take some weird meaurements but WOW! I love it. Most of my measurements are normal, upper arm, wrist, ankle, calf, upper and lower thigh (both legs), belly button area, hips, bust, waist, neck, just under bust (bra size), but three of the measurements I take are sort of weird. They help me guage how much belly fat I'm losing. I take one measurement from just under my belly roll at the left hipbone to just at the top of my fat beneath my right breast (I call it "diagonal"). The funny thing about that measurement is that as I've been losing weight, my fat doesn't reach as high under my breast as it did, so I'm tempted to lower the tape to the point where the belly fat stops, but can't decide if that is cheating or not.

Then I have an "across" measurement. It goes from under the belly roll at one side to under on the other side. With that one I'm finding that my belly doesn't lap over like it did, so it is hard to find the same spot to start from.

The other is a measurement around the whole belly. Pulling all the fat into a big circle and measuring its circumpherance. It reinforces to me that I am shrinking in the one area that I want to shrink in the most.

The funny thing this morning is that I found that I had exceeded my goals by a little bit in some funny places. My wrist measurement was about 7 inches and since that is a boney area I didn't expect to lose any weight there. This morning it was 6.75 inches, so I lost 1/25 of an inch. Ankles too went lower than I expected they could and my neck too. But I actually had to lower my "diagonal" goal. I met it, and so I decided I must have set it too high because there is still fat there to lose. So I changed the goal from 17 inches to 15 inches.

Anyway I'm very pleased to find that the fat is going away.

Tennessee, I too was dispairing of meeting my July goal to be in Onederland. Now I just think I may make it. I had to get drastic to do it, but I think the major part of this battle is keeping hope alive. Keeping that committment. You have been doing fantastically. You really have. You and I were at about the same point awhile back, and then my weight loss slowed and started reversing while yours continued. I'm caught up with you now, but I had to fast to get there. Change something up. You can make it. You can do it. Just keep your hope alive and keep on keeping on.

Robin I know what you mean about "now is the time". I feel the same way. I started this year determined that THIS year I'm going to give it my all. But before Monday the weight loss just stalled and there didn't seem to be anything I could do about it. So I did something about it. I will not accept failure from myself this year. I really want to look good and to feel good about my efforts.

I'm not sure joining any more challenges would be fair for me right now though. As long as I'm continuing my fast I have an unfair advantage, because the weight just keeps on falling off in a very rapid manner and while I love it, I wouldn't want to discourage anyone.

Ciarra
04-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Sherry: Congrats on making it to your Easter goal!
Robin: I'm up to join a new Challenge on Monday.
Sue: You have had such a busy week. Take care of yourself and get some rest when you can.

Born2run2
04-16-2006, 01:06 AM
65 inches is very impressive. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I went to my monthly Celiac Group Meeting today. We had 60 people there, impressive when you consider we just formed in October. I did my yoga and taebo today. Somehow my little toenail ripped off. I hope it grows back, but I'm not sure if it will. I don't know if I'm copping out or not but I've been hesitant to make a definite weightloss goal by a certain time because I am such a slow loser. Maybe I should, but it is more important to me to stay on the plan, I know if I make a weightloss goal and don't make it I'll get discouraged and go on a carb binge. I guess I'm a coward by nature(LOL). Glad everyone is doing well have a good evening. Judy

lilybelle
04-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Hi everyone. I didn't walk much on the treadmill this week. However, I did 16 hours of very hard yard work. Shoveling dirt, to fill in holes all over my back yard that my labrador's had dug. My muscles are so sore. Had hubby home to help today, but most of the week, I worked by myself. Also push mowed the back yard, even though I have a riding lawn-mower. So, I considered all this my exercise for the week. Hope it won't cause any weight gain when I weigh on Tuesday. I have been op but seem to be losing very slow now. I feel good at my current size, but want to take off at least 8 more lbs. I went shopping yesterday and bought 4 new shirts at Old Navy without trying them on. They are all to big, so will return them on monday. It seems that I always over-estimate my new size, when I don't try things on. This is a good thing though, just a new problem for me. Good luck everyone on your programs. I am having surgery in 1 1/2 weeks for a large hernia. Hope it doesn't slow me down too much. The doctor says I can have it laparascopic which wouldn't have been possible last summer when I was a lot heavier.

Tennessee
04-16-2006, 09:55 AM
I am having surgery in 1 1/2 weeks for a large hernia.
OW! I'll sure keep you in my prayers. It's so cool that you're at a point in your weight loss journey that you can have a minimally invasive procedure now, THAT'S something to be proud of. BTW, I counted all the yard work I've done as my exercise to. Turning the garden with a shovel, cutting back hedges, dragging dead branches out, push mowing, digging, raking, etc. O yeah, that's exercise.
My scale hit 231 this morning! And I took my measurements again and I've lost 65 inches!
Sherry, 65"? That's 5' 5"! An entire toddler! Wow!
Does anyone else feel like they have to knuckle down, and get this weight off? Ive been feeling ......I dont know really....almost like now is the time for the rest of it to come off and enough is enough?
Yep, I have an almost desperate RIGHT NOW feeling to, maybe it's the turn in the weather. I know I don't want to endure another hot, sweaty, miserable Summer - this year, I want it to be different.
I don't know if I'm copping out or not but I've been hesitant to make a definite weightloss goal by a certain time because I am such a slow loser.
I don't think it's a cop out, I actually think it's actually very healthy. This WOE is all about becoming healthy, changing eating habits, being good to yourself, and having other goals keeps you from living and dying by the scale. I have several goals that have nothing to do with weight, like drinking at least 60 oz. of water every day, taking vitamins every day, and exercise at least 3 days per week. I think you're on the right track.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your support right now. I know it'll come off if I stick to it, I tell myself that every day, it's just frustrating. I've lost pretty steadily since I started with an occational short stall or gain at TOM, but this is different. I've been stuck for weeks, even after cutting out cheese, processed meat, flooding with water, and walking every day. I haven't been this weight in 20 years, so maybe the old fat is just more stubborn LOL.

Have a wonderful EASTER everyone :)

Tenn

RobinW
04-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Happy Easter Everyone :hug:

Ciarra
04-16-2006, 10:32 AM
:dust: wishes to everyone with the Easter candy!
I'm up and just filled my son's basket. Thankfully he doesn't like candy and treats that I do so no temptation there.
He has peeps, rice crispy treats and gummi savers. And the one thing I do like in his basket is Orbit gum. I started chewing it, he tried it and it is his favorite. So I may borrow a piece here and there. Bu that is a healthier choice anyway.

Dear husband seems a little down this morning. I think I came to the bottom of his ill moods this week. He says for every pound I lose he finds it. So he is considering doing atkins with me. I really hope he will decide to. He is diabetic type 2 and has been for 11 years (diagnosed young at 32). He has trygliceride issues and high blood pressure issues. I fix a lot of fish so his cholesterol is excellent. I know with Atkins he could get his weight down to a bit more manageable numbers and wth that he could get off that daily diabetes medicine. Diabetes is rampant in my family as well. Limited carbs should equal much better blood sugar. Hopefully his blood pressure meds as well. But he has to set down the salt shaker. His second love behind food. Anyway, I do hope he makes that decision for his own health. He has been exercising with me some and I know he would really enjoy the food choices, just would have to leave certain things alone. His biggest issues are he has severe allergic reactions to nutrasweet and he doesn't do well with splenda either. Anyway, I'm excited and hoping he will give it a try. And the big kicker for him is that once the weight is gone you can within limits enjoy most foods again. Atkins can be so misunderstood. When I first started he thought a salad was off limits.... Looking at the big picture it seems much more doable to him.

Ciarra
04-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey, tennessee!
Just as a long shot do you think it might be yeast/candida related? The stalls that is. I have seen people with stalls that said that caused it for them. They treated it with probiotics. I'm not sure how the links stuff works but I know there is a lot of information on it on the net, Might give it a google. Especially if you recently had antibiotics or have a history of any yeast issues.
You have been so diligent, would love to see your stall break.

SherryA
04-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Tennessee, the first time I did Atkins (started where you started) I got to 232 and couldn't lose below it for a very long time. It was like the body needed a rest and just wasn't going anywhere until it was ready. I kept trying for 2 years and then one summer I started lifting weights. Finally I started dropping a little more weight. Got down about 10 pounds lower. Then I did Body for Life and I couldn't really do Atkins during that time. It was too much intense exercise to get by on 20 grams of carb or less. So I ate, but I worked out HARD 6 days a week. At one point during that time a friend convinced me to go 20 grams and I did get as low as 220, but it nearly killed me getting there and I felt horrible no energy to do my workout etc.

I think that the body needs a rest after 50 pounds. I think it is a natural slowing. Give yourself time to get below this one. It is known as a plateau. Be patient. Stay on plan. The losses will eventually come, but you may have to wait awhile.

Judy, I agree with you about goals "by a specific time". They tend to discourage me too if I don't make them. I've set a few and not made them and haven't been happy with myself. On the other hand I regularly set small goals and as I make them I set a new one. I call it a 4/3/3 plan. I started losing at 282, so the 4 part of the plan puts me at something ending with an 8 of the next lower decade. For instance right now I'm aiming for 228 then I go for the mid number at 225 and then for 222. (When I make 222 I will be 60 pounds off from my highest). I like doing it this way because the first number puts me below the 10 mark, the next one puts me square in the middle, and the third one puts me at a new 10 pounds lost mark.

It has been working for me very well. But I also have a goal to be in "onederland" by July. I see my family then and I'd like to surprise them. That goal has left me feeling defeated a few times even though I've still got time to reach it. I have marked on my calendar where I need to be by specific dates in order to be on track for making that goal and I've been so OFF track that a few times it has discouraged me.

Since my fast this past week I feel a little closer to being on track though so I'm a little more hopeful.

I did eat a little last night. Not much, but some. Scale this morning was the same as yesterday morning which disappoints me a little, but at least it wasn't up. I was afraid that eating anything would make the scale rise.

I'm planning to go back on my fast today and see if I can't stay with it until I reach 220 or so. I'd really like to hit below that number so that I will be in new "virgin fat" territory. I want and need to be working on new losses. I'm really tired of playing catchup. When you consider that I lost 14 pounds in a 5 day fast, I think I could get to 219 in another week if I seriously work at it.

I think the family will be less worried about me now that they know I've eaten something so maybe it is doable. Gonna try anyway. I'm a little less afraid of breaking the fast now. I saw that what I ate yesterday didn't cause any upset in my stomach, so I think its all cool.

nasus40
04-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Happy Easter to all!

Went to the In Laws this weekend. I ended up doing 16.5 hours yesterday while I was suposed to do only 4 (did 78 hours total last week great OT!!) came home this am at 8 am rested for a hour then got up and went to the inlaws. I did manage to eat a few small pieces of candy but stayed on tract. I was very happy. Yes I am almost dead and will be heading to bed immedicatly after I set the coffee for the morning and say HI!

My dissapointment is that I have lost 35 lbs and NO BODY noticed. My face is considerably thinner and well though I wore my baggy pants, and a baggy sweater, (I was too tired to have to deal with many questions) I had no questions to answer. Not even a gee sue you look a little thinner, or have you been losing weight? I have not told anybody what I have been doing or that I am working out. My pants look like they belong in a refugee camp they are soo baggy, where they were always tight and I have not seen them since early January. My MIL gets too nervous if it is noticed that you are losing too quickly so I was trying to avoid many of her anxiety but NOTHING from ANY BODY??? DH said (jokingly) maybe you did not lose enough to make a difference. (I did hit him)

SherryA
04-17-2006, 12:07 AM
How frustrating. That has got to be annoying. I have lost 15 pounds since last Monday. You'd think SOMEONE would say something. Nah. I have lost 38 and a half since mid December. I think I've only had one person outside the family really comment on it.

People are self absorbed. They don't notice usually.

I woke up this morning and weighed 230. I realize when I think about it that if I want to be at my "ideal" weight (or at least my ideal weight when I was 17) I am exactly 100 pounds above that mark now. I guess in some ways it is kind of creepy to lose over 50 pounds and still be at the point where you could afford to lose another hundred!

I'm not going to think about it though. My goal is to get to 219, and that is only 11 pounds away. I can do it.

bnbsmommy1
04-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Sherry: try not to beat yourself up!!! 50 lbs is a very significant amount, try to tell yourself how awesome you've done and how you're going to be able to get rid of the rest instead instead of looking at how much more you've got to go. You're doing AWESOME, you're an inspiration to everyone who sees you, talks to you and knows you here on the boards. So hold that head HIGH, you deserve it!!!

I'm gonna start a 'Hot Mama on Mother's day thread'. It's not a whole month so maybe it'll help some of us to set our goals lower so that they are more achievable LOL

Lacey