LA Weight Loss - Take Off

View Full Version : Take Off

lacey125
04-09-2006, 03:30 PM
I am starting take off today to try to get back on the track of things and get my body to DO something. I've been sitting at the same weight now for about a month (give or take a few ounces here and there).

I see we can eat lettuce for takeoff, can we use FF dressings during this time?

pinkflamingo68
04-09-2006, 03:59 PM
I think it's no condiments, anyone else out there that can verify?

I usually stick to cooked veg. because NO way can I eat dry salad!!

Ange

hollybeary
04-09-2006, 04:00 PM
I asked specifically if we could use anything else (condiments). The response was no. You can use herbs and spices, other than that, nothing but the protein and veggies. I'm on the red plan, and I don't know if it's different for any others. :smug:

happydaisy
04-09-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm not on LA weight loss, but salad tastes good with lemon juice squeezed on it with some pepper and it's calorie free. :smug:

30lbsby22
04-09-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm doing TO starting monday morning. I havent been eating much the past 2 weeks and was going to just do the protein and the drink. I cant do the limited because I cant have the lites. Does this mean I do the unlimited I assume? My COD didnt say anything about it. I figure start with just the juice and protein and if I am still hungry to snack on the veggies. Any veterans know differently?!

austinmom
04-10-2006, 12:29 AM
I got told I could have oil salad dressing or a vinegar based dressing.

Dairy Fairy
04-10-2006, 08:40 AM
MY family member who goes to cod was told condiments are ok on TO, just stick to the 3 per day. I have been on the diet almost a year, and I still see a 3 lb loss on TO despite the fact that I do use my 3 condiments. I always eat taco salad during TO, so I season my meat really well with lite salt, cumin, garlic, and chili powder, then throw it over lettuce and cilantro. I use ff sour creamto dip my fork in to get the dressing feel. Mind you I rarely do TO because it's a pain in the butt to be so restricted.

CandlePrincess
04-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Doing TO now, using the juice..yuck! But I was told at my SCOD that I could do low fat dressing, and the paper I have says that as well. Hope that helps!

Repo girl
04-10-2006, 11:59 AM
I love lime juice on my salad.

Megan- You nedd to add about 400 calories in protein to the limited TO if you are not doing the bars.

hollybeary
04-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Yippee! :carrot: I'm happy to hear that. I wonder why I was told no. :?: Everyone else seems to be able to have them. Weird. Perhaps the new counselor was misinformed. Oh well. I'm having them tonight then.:D

Repo girl
04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
And yet again, the COD remains consistent with their inconsistency!

rad7775
04-10-2006, 04:59 PM
I think that all depends in what kind of TO you are doing, if it's the unlimited you can have condiments, if it's the limited you can't have them, I have both papers (limited and unlimited) and that's what they said.:dunno:

30lbsby22
04-10-2006, 05:23 PM
I think I am doing the most messed up version of TO. I am drinking the juice. And some water. But so far I have only had 4 egg whites all day. I dont feel like eating. Everytime I eat I feel awful. But I have noticed that my body is starting to store. I'm not eating but the scale is going back up. :( Any suggestions (besides going to the doctor) as to what I should/could do?

Also is it bad to do TO during TOM? Just curious. Think I might be getting it today but not sure. I wouldnt think it would be bad but I have no idea. :?:

stacyj
04-17-2006, 05:04 PM
I am doing TO today...
I had 3oz of peel and eat shrimp for dinner (I had 3oz of chicken around lunch time)
It is on the TO that shrimp is ok--but --it is salty. I'm wondering if it is the best thing for me to eat.
Any ideas to help me get through tomorrow? I read where one person ate taco meat on lettuce, but i didn't see hamburger meat on the menu.

Repo girl
04-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Turkey burger taco meat. Brown your turkey burger, then add some cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and a little Mortons. I love these taco salads, and eat them for nearly every meal when on TO.

rad7775
04-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Stacy:
I ate suffed pepper during TO, I used one whole pepper and count it as 2 veggies.

Repo girl
04-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Yum Milca, that sounds good. I am doing TO Wednesday and Thursday. Maybe I will try that.

rad7775
04-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Katie:
Girl, they are really good,:hun: trust me when I'm doing TO I look for all the resources that can help me feel full. ;) :D

dolphn545
04-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Milca, have you previously posted the recipe for the stuffed peppers? If not, would you? :thanks:

rad7775
04-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Sherry:
I posted it before, I don't remember what page of the recipe thread, but Girl we are all here to help each other and I will post it all the times that you need it,:hug: Google is not gonna help you on this one,right: ;) :lol:

STUFFED PEPPERS: (for TO)
1 whole green pepper
6 oz ground sirloin
1 clove of garlic
salt to taste

Pre- heat the oven at 350 degrees. Cook the meat with the garlic and add salt to taste. Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds, Then when the meat is no longer pink stuffed the pepper with the meat. In a baking dish, place the stuffed peppers with 1/3 cup of water in it and cover it up until the pepper is tender . ( the idea of the water is to create some steam if you cover it up with aluminum paper make like two or three holes on the paper).

If you are doing this recipe and you are not doing TO, you can add 5 green onions when you are cooking the meat and also when is almost ready in the oven you can add cheese on it.

dolphn545
04-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks Milca!! :)

juliemarie
04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Okay-maybe I wasn't clear-call me a ***** if you want . . . .but I've discovered the SEARCH THIS THREAD function on this website. If you open up the LA Recipe thread and then hit the search tab (under the thread title-there's a thread tool bar) and type in stuffed peppers, you come up with several recipes=including Milca's. This is a valuable tool in the recipe thread-you could drive yourself nuts searching through the pages. I found it last week when I was trying to find the peach shortcake recipe.

Hey-giving info on the website tools is being supportive too! ;)

hollybeary
04-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Okay, so I finally found the Knudsen's Morning Blend. Am I supposed to dilute that like the TakeOff juice? It doesn't appear to be a concentrate (even though it says it's made from several concentrates). :?: Hey, I wanna get it right if I can buy 2 bottles for 3.49 each instead of 23.95 for one of the TO!! Teachers are poor!! What do you all do?

Also, I was checking into the Luna bars to replace the lites. Has anyone noticed that the sodium is sometimes double or higher than the lites? Everything else seems to be pretty comparable, but I don't want the sodium to affect my weight loss. What do you guys think?

Repo girl
04-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Holly- Check out the thread called "Newbies please read" at the top of the page, it will answer a ton of your questions.

hollybeary
04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Thanks. I never read that thread since I have been here before. :^: I guess I will have to keep checking back to all the threads as much as I can. With a newborn it's hard to find time to read them all. Thanks for the tip. I will have to make use of the search this thread. I never really noticed that one, I only saw the search this forum and that always gave a bunch of results.

Repo girl
04-24-2006, 08:54 PM
We actually just added all of that stuff a couple of days ago.

hollybeary
04-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Cool idea though. It helped me with some of the acronyms. Thanks!:)

Dairy Fairy
04-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Holly-Another center approved sub is 1/2 cantaloupe per day of TO or 4 oranges per day. This is my preference as I lose just as much and feel fuller. My best TO performance was using 1 cup of watermelon 4 times a day, but I think that's not "official."

A NEWBORN...and you are trying to follow the plan. Bless your heart, girl! I remember fixing a sandwich or something and finding it several hours later and being surprised like the food fairy left me a little treat...and don't think I wouldn't eat it. It is SO hard to take care of yourself when you have a newborn, but that is the time you really need it the most. Good for you...and your lil one!

Milca :rofl: girl you are too much.

deetsmom
04-24-2006, 09:54 PM
A NEWBORN...and you are trying to follow the plan.

MMMMMMMMMMM, I can smell that little newborn head from here:) :)

Dairy Fairy
04-24-2006, 11:34 PM
You people are killin me talking about doing this diet with your newborns. You chicks must really have it together, because I was still in a zombie-like state when my son was that old. More power to ya, ladies!

rad7775
04-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Kristi :
You are not alone, I didn't lose a pound breastfeeding, and let me tell you, I nurse my DD until she was 2 years and 2 months and that girl suck the **** out of me! I'm not complaining, I don't regret it b/c she is very healthy!

stiesta
04-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Oh, I miss the weight loss that breastfeeding brought...I did WW when my second child was born and lost 3-4 pounds a week effortlessly...almost makes it worth it to have another baby...BUT NOT QUITE! ;)

hollybeary
04-25-2006, 02:28 PM
I didn't get to breastfeed. I tried, but I'm too big up top. The doctor told me I was better off pumping. Of course your body shuts down the milk production because it knows somehow it's not the baby. I lost zero weight.

You know, I call him newborn like he was just born yesterday. You never really realize how long it's been. He just turned 9 months. Holy c%&*! :yikes: Still, I can't believe how the time flies! I have a 5-year-old too. You would think with kids that age, I would be burning all kinds of calories...

Dairy Fairy
04-25-2006, 02:41 PM
A 9 mo. old newborn? You're as bad as me...I have a 2 y/o baby. I hate those emails from babycenter saying "your preschooler is such and such mos old."

klvan, thanks for your sweet words. Hopefully the same will happen next time with the great weight loss during bf. I am one of those people that breastfeed even though I really don't love to do it, so maybe God knew I really needed LOTS of incentive (as if the alternative of buying the hydrolyzed formula wasn't enough...DS was VERY sensitive). I couldn't eat dairy when I nursed b/c of DS's sensitivity to it, so that cut out about half my calories :lol: I didn't choose this user name by accident, girl.