General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #1  

Talking Help - I'm turning into a girl!

Ok so I buy Grazia magazine every week. http://www.graziamagazine.co.uk/ Coz I have a little bit of a fashion fetish. Every week they have a "get it before it goes" feature about some "gem" that you can't possibly live without. Usually a handbag or really expensive shoes or some piece of inaccessible jewellery. So in this weeks issue was a pair of shoes, well sandals. They are divine. Sparkly, shiny, a sort of peachy skin tone, with a flat heel and they tie up with sparly ribbons. And they weren't expensive.

So I go to the shoe shop, the practical, tomboy Kylie says "yeah they're cute, very cute, but you can't wear them to the gym, and you can't wear them to work, they're staying in the shop". But the new scary girly Kylie says "you have to buy them, you want to keep them, you're going home with them". I was really strong and walked out.

But inexplicably, yesterday morning, I went to the shoe shop and bought them!!! And they're beautiful, and they give me defined ankles and make my legs look so much better.

Only now I need something to wear with them

Oh the perils of being a girl!!!!
Old 04-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oh it's YOU!

Aaaargh! No! Girldom! Heaven save us! Go out and buy a pair of Doc Martens IMMEDIATELY and shave your head!

Although I did buy some strappy sparkly sandals myself this weekend! Gladiator style I think they are
Old 04-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #3  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Im sure they have pills for that kind of thing

pics of sandals??
Old 04-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

LOL. Funny. I'm like at an exact opposite point. I used to go shopping all the time and HAVE to buy purses, accessories, etc. But since I've gained weight the past few years since high school, I've felt less feminine (from losing my shape). I can't remember the last time I went clothes shopping...I mean REALLY clothes shopping, where I'd buy everything I picked up from the clothes racks cuz EVERYTHING fit me. Ugh...now I just dread trying anything on, so I avoid shopping altogether (even for silly things like shoes...I just feel like I don't deserve it if I don't have an outfit that fits to go with). I miss shopping and being a "girl".
Old 04-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #5  
Determined

Yay, I love shoes!! Can you post a picture?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:09 AM   #6  

I'll try and organise a picture, DH got a digital camera for Christmas, I'm such a ditzy girl I have no idea how to work the thing
Old 04-10-2006, 10:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

This weekend, I wore a pair of strappy shoes with 4 inch heels to go dancing. My calves and part of my thighs are still sore. I really feel like I gave my legs a different workout...I don't know if that really justifies the shoes though. Oh well, at least they look hot.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9

Oh man, did I EVER turn into a girl after I lost the weight!!! Before I was disgusted with myself. Forget dressing up, even to go to work. Most days I wouldn't even bother with any makeup. Forget doing my hair...I blow dryed it and that was it. I never opened a page of a fashion magazine. All I wore was black, dark brown, black and more black.
Now, I really take care of myself. I buy the expensive shampoos and conditioners from the salon. I even bought a straightening iron!! I use hair goop...I've NEVER used hair goop...I had to be taught how to use it. I have a large variety of color in my wardrobe. I wear girly things, like flowery blouses and I wear skirts and dresses ALL the time. I was never one for wearing any shoe with a platform or a heel before...mostly, because my ankles couldn't handle it. Now I own a ton of them! I take my time getting ready and I always make sure I look my best when I go out AND to work. I wear makeup every day!! LOL My husband jokes that I've become vain. Though, he has said that he's not thrilled with the fact that I take forever to get ready to go out now and he thinks I'm obsessed with clothes and make-up. I've NEVER been like this!!
I actually bought 2 $10 lipsticks at Kohl's this weekend! I've never bought a lipstick in my life that has cost over $3!! I use hand lotion, I use face wash (instead of the usual bar soap), I use moisturizer and I even exfoliate!!
I love all of it!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:00 PM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

When I was younger I used to see these older women with alot of makeup on and nail polish the whole bit. I have 6 brothers, and I was just as mean and tough as they were,,,who had time being a girl?
I am so those women its funny, I have the hair all done up, nails, makeup and boy do I love clothes.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #10  
I restore Teeth.

Haha, even though I never wear my shoes out and only wear sneakers, having nice shoes would make me feel like a woman (which I kind of enjoy) I always wear sneakers, converse chuck taylors, birkenstocks or dr. martens but I also own a lot of heels. The heels just get to stay at home. I admire them, and I occasionally just wear them in the house. Too bad theyll never see the light of day!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:41 PM   #11  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I can totally relate to this. I bought two pair of strappy sandals in the last week. Utter craziness I tell you! After so many years of having to wear only orthopedic shoes, I'm totally going crazy with the heels.

My best friend from highschool remarked last summer (as I was approaching goal) that I was "like a real girl now" lol
Old 04-12-2006, 03:10 AM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

I like that story....
Closed Thread