Old 04-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Thyroid

Also got my thyroid results back yesterday. My thyroidis still good but she said that the TSH is normal while the T3 or T4 is low which should make my thyroid overactive and lose weight but I have no symptoms. I think that's what she said. My last doctor said the results were rare and maybe nothing to worry about. I'll get it checked again in a few months.

Does anyone deal with these thyroid issues?
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #2  
Heather/Caterpillar

Try taking sea kelp tablets. Sometimes the thyroid needs a little help even if it is able to work by itself. They contain one of the B vitamins that is needed for thyroud function.
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Unhappy

I'm on thyroid meds and have been for 14 years now. I take levothyroxine 150 mcg, and have been on this dose for the past 1.5 years...
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I've been taking thyroid medication for about 30 years now, but it was because of adenomas on the thyroid so it was removed (actually one lobe was removed when I was 12, the second when I was 23). I started out at over twice the dosage I'm taking now so whatever little piece of thyroid is left is doing its job.

If your doctor isn't worried about the low T3 or T4 number, then don't worry unless you experience some symptoms. Hopefully your doctor discussed those with you. People with overactive thyroids do lose weight rapidly, but usually it's accompanied by some very noticeable symptoms like rapid heartbeat and excessive sweating. The best thing to do is get it checked regularly, which is sounds like you're doing.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote