Carb Counters - Reverse Problem

View Full Version : Reverse Problem

lady_adnerb
04-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Ok. Most often you hear of people having a problem "going" to the bathroom while on Atkins. I've got the reverse problem. So any suggestions on how to....well....firm things up?

Ps...I eat cheese and that's not working.

plb@m
04-05-2006, 08:40 PM
This is happening to me to . I was thinking my body just needs time to get use to Atkins. Sorry I can't help .

hockeyfan7
04-05-2006, 09:31 PM
That happened to me back in 2001. I called the Atkins Nutritional Center in NY and they had no idea. I spoke with a nutritionist there and she said they don't have experience with that happening to people and they didn't know how to help me.

bnbsmommy1
04-06-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm sorry sweetie, I don't know either. Ya might give your local clinic a ring and ask your doctor what he suggests. I wish I had your problem, mine is completely the opposite!!

Falon
04-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Brenda-

Is it really that bad, or is it freaking you out because it's not normal in your book.. My husband, bless his weird self, goes 3 times a day like clockwork. I find that freakish, but that's been normal actually since I met him.

Has this been going on for a long time?

Carbprincess
04-06-2006, 07:15 AM
well first off I want to say i'm totally jealous. Most of the time I feel bloated and crampy cause my stomach just wont let me go.

In your case, what type of veggies are you eating? This may have an impact on it! ? :smug:

Born2run2
04-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Try eating some cheese, that usually firms me up, otherwise maybe some immodium tablets. The doc I used to take my kids to when they were small recommended Jello Water, but this was back in the 70's and 80's. Judy

Sandi D
04-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Take fiber pills, that will firm it up!
Sandi

lilybelle
04-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Before starting Atkins, I took Lomotil for this same problem. Now I take Milk of Mag, Colace and Lactulose to be able to go every 3 or 4 days. Without these laxatives I would sometimes go 7-10 days without going. I know this is not normal. Now, I find that I have a hernia with bowel loops stuck in it and this is probably what is causing me so much problem. Anyway, will be having surgery in about 2 weeks, which hopefully will resolve the problem.

rockgirl
04-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Thought maybe I'd bring this thread back up to see if anyone else had any answers, as I am experiencing the same thing, this is day 14 of induction for me. I feel like all my food goes through me right when I eat it, like water. (sorry for sounding gross) I dunno, it is kinda weird, cus it has been the same for 14 days, no variation, and I don't eat much greens, just usually meat eggs and cheese. Maybe it's too much fat?

Tennessee
04-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Any sugar alcohols?

rockgirl
04-24-2006, 02:17 PM
No, I've been looking out for those. Sometimes I can't even finish a meal before I have to run to the bathroom, like just now, I had a hamburger patty with cheese, mayo and mustard, and one dill pickle spear. Soon as I stood up from the table, off to the bathroom!

hockeyfan7
04-24-2006, 04:35 PM
I had that same problem and never could get an answer -- I just added in some more carbs and it stopped.

rockgirl
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
did adding in more carbs affect your weightloss? What kind of foods did you add in?

hockeyfan7
04-24-2006, 09:58 PM
I added more veggies than the plan called for and I also added some strawberries and raspberries. It slowed down the weight loss, but it didn't stop it. I wasn't getting enough fiber.

Karma27
04-25-2006, 01:43 AM
For some people more fat (oil) in the diet and lack of fiber will cause your bowels to be runny. For example, mineral oil is often used as a lubricant laxative. Fat also causes a laxative effect on some people. I had the same problem. I made it through the 2 week induction and then I added a slice of Low carb bread (5g carbs )and some extra veggies to my day and I was fine.

I have also found that vinegar upsets my tummy >> example, pickles(vinegar), Mustard(vinegar). When I plan on eating those things I add more fiber for the day. I just make sure I don't go nutz...
Hope this helps :hug:

lady_adnerb
04-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Just an updated answer to questions...
This is my "normal" when on Atkins I guess. And no, it's not freakish it's just....when I've got to "go" I've GOT to GO. Heaven forbid if I ever had to and wasn't near a bathroom!!
Thought fiber was for helping people to go. And again, thought lettuce was fiber? I'm getting confused!