Old 04-04-2006, 05:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8

Angry Weight Distribution

I'm not sure what to do because my weight distributes itself strangely. For example, when I weighed 135, (I'm 5'8" btw) I'd have a large stomach, normal sized legs, a very skinny face, and you could see all the ribs in my back, but you couldn't see them from the front at all. I'm not going for the whole skeleton look, but I was wondering why my back looked skeletal while the front side looked chubby? It doesn't make sense. Is anyone else like this, or know why this happens?
Kaliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:43 AM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Gosh it could be a bunch of different things. Unfortunatly it could just be genetics, in which case it will be rougher to overcome. Do you drink alcohol often, it tends to store more readily in the stomach. It's possible you could have a cortisol problem (and not one of things that can be cured by some otc pill claiming to lower cortisol). I would say that if you haven't, maybe talk to your doctor about it to rule anything medical out just in case. Other than that, I mean, how big is your stomach? Is it maybe a case of you thinking it is bigger than it is (I know many of us here struggle with truly see ourselves for the way we really are). DO you drink enough water, maybe you are just dehydrated all the time, so you are bloated. For a cut and dry answer, if you were to have no "problems", I would say, keep doing cardio, or start if you aren't already, and do some other workouts that really work your core, like Pilates.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

You could also try a combination of cardio and weights. This will give you nice muscles in you back so you'll see those instead of the ribs allowing you to lose a little more in the front.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #4  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Have you ever been checked for diabetes? My husband is like that. We looked it up and one of the characteristics of diabetes is normal legs, arms, face etc...and weight being just in the stomach area. Some of the other symptoms are frequent thirst/urination, bruises/cuts taking a long time to heal, dizziness, abnormal hunger.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote