Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2006, 10:26 AM   #1  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Default I have a female question

Okay, I have been bleeding on sun and mon for the past three weeks starting after I finish my Tom, aunt flow, fred. Do this have anything to do with losing weight or is it something else. Oh yea maybe be to much tmi but it is not a normal bleed just kind of the real dark stuff.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:52 AM   #2  

I would recommend you call your doctor. Did you just getting your period again after a long time of not having it (due to weight or whatever)? Sometimes that will cause strange things, but I would definitely talk to your doctor about it, just to make sure nothing is wrong.

Sarah
Ariannas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #3  
Beth

my periods have been normal except for this past one when I get this on sun and mon ever since my last period not due for another week now
Old 04-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I sometimes get periods (or quasi-periods) with that dark, older blood. I really only experienced that after I got on birth control and the doctor said it was fine. I had read that it could be an indication of being pregnant and have actually taken a test when I knew there was no way I could be (silly paranoia). But really, you should be ok. Periods can get really weird when you change certain habits. I once bled for three weeks straight, but am back to normal. You can expect some variations with your body; it's just trying to adjust.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #5  
Beth

goodby chubby, how could it be a sice of being prego. If i did take a test I do not think it would show anything becuase I an not due for my normal period until next week. Could you tell why it could be one sign of being prego and would it be the dark stuff instead of the reg
Old 04-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul
goodby chubby, how could it be a sice of being prego. If i did take a test I do not think it would show anything becuase I an not due for my normal period until next week. Could you tell why it could be one sign of being prego and would it be the dark stuff instead of the reg
It has something to do with blood being backed up. I may not be wording this right, but when you get pregnant, your body knows not to menstrate anymore. But if you still have some blood and stuff that you really don't need inside you (leftover from a previous period), your body might get rid of that. I read this on a medical website (sorry I can't recall which one), but a pregnant woman wrote in because she was concerned about the dark blood. The doctor's response was that there was no reason to be concerned for the child if the blood is dark. Bright red (fresh) blood could be the sign of a miscarriage. That's the extent of my understanding. I am not a doctor, but if you are really concerned, then it would be worth a trip to see your doctor for peace of mind.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:17 AM   #7  
Beth

Well lets all hope I am prego, I have been trying for 4 years. But I have big doubts that I am. I will wait until after next week to and see what happens
Old 04-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul
Well lets all hope I am prego, I have been trying for 4 years. But I have big doubts that I am. I will wait until after next week to and see what happens
Really? Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how it all turns out.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #9  
Beth

thanks, that would be the day I would careless how much I gained. Heheheeh
Old 04-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #10  

My last period was really dark the entire time. I called the doctor and they said that is actually what it should look like, because it means the blood is dead. (It was still incredibly gross and shocking.) My theory is that it was from working out. I am thinking that the more active you are the more it speeds up everything; your metabolism, your cycle, everything. I am guessing that because I've been active the blood has been sitting there a little longer than normal, and because I am on the pill, I wasn't able to start earlier. I am not a doctor, but that is just my guess. Anyway, it's gross but normal.
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #11  
Beth

infrogwetrust. thank you, I am still hoping it is becuase I am prego but it could def be from what you said. But still wondering why it is on the same days that this happens on sun and monday and then tue, wed, thru, frid and sat I am normal this is two weeks in a row.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #12  
I restore Teeth.

azul, i had the same problem too- its was really really dark. It should go away, i think...
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #13  

Usually the darker the blood the more oxygen it has in it thats why blood flow close to arteries is much darker...it could be because of your change in excercise and diet habits. I would mention it to a dr. even if its just over the phone, my degree is in Womens health and to this day even with my own health its always better to get some advice from a dr. that you trust. Probably no biggie but put your mind at ease
Glasgowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #14  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasgowgirl
Usually the darker the blood the more oxygen it has in it thats why blood flow close to arteries is much darker..
I don't believe that's true for blood in your circulatory system; oxygen depleted blood is DARKER, blood containing oxygen is brighter. When you have a cut, notice the blood comes out bright red. HOwever, dab it on a tissue and wait few minutes, it will brown- this is because the blood is dried and not recycled in the system. Hemoglobin, the porphyrin in the erythrocyte (red blood cell) is gives a naturally red pigment, and becomes brighter as it binds to oxygen it in the lungs.

HOwever, I can't promise anything about the female menstrual cycle- That blood on the uterine wall doesn't function like the blood in the circulatory system.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #15  

Veggielover is correct - arterial blood is a bright candy apple red, where venous blood is a darker, more burgundy red and "old blood" is more of a brownish color.
1TiredGradStudent is offline   Reply With Quote