Old 04-03-2006, 07:13 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat---April 3-9

Well, it's Monday, it's dark out (time change) and it's gloomy to boot. Looks like a day to get the kids on the bus and go back to bed. I'm tired and I think it's from not enough water and too many soda's. I had 3 and only 2 (16 oz) of water. Yup, definitely need to up that. This week should be good but this weekend going to do the best I can. SIL's wedding. We'll be gone Friday, Saturday and coming home Sunday. But at least I'm getting moving (exercise) so that's a start. I'll work on that as being my goal--not weight loss. That'll happen when it's supposed to happen
Hope you all had a great weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:36 AM   #2  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh I am so excited guys. My clothes are getting looser. I took measurements the day I started induction and I still have 2 more weeks to go before I "officially" measure again, but curosity got the best of me and I have lost several inches. I have lost everywhere, so i am totally excited. I have to do some grocery shopping which I really hate cause I am not hungry anymore and nothing is appealing. Does this happen to anyone else? Someone told me that meant I was in ketosis. Ok well I am gonna be late if i dont scoot out the door. -Sandra
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:30 AM   #3  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

awesome job, Sandra!!! Those clothes will be falling right off ya in no time!! Before you know it you'll be forced to go find some smaller clothes!!

Brenda: I've been drinking pop too! Your idea to have an exercise goal instead of weight sounds very healthy!! Have a great time at the wedding, you're going to look fantastic!!!

Gotta run, hope everyone has a great week, don't forget your water!!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Great Job Sandra!! Im curious....what did you weigh the last time your dh seen you? Im so excited for you!!

They are calling for t-storms here today, but its nice and sun shiney at the moment.

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:20 AM   #5  

That is awesome Sandra. I can't wait to hear how much you have lost...inches and lbs. You are doing great. I decided the other day that I really don't have a goal "weight", but more of a goal "size". So I think inches count as much as pounds.

to everyone else too. I'm off to bed.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #6  

Afternoon girls:

It was a long weekend, and I absolutely despise the time change. It throws the body off, and being tired doesn't begin to describe how it makes me feel!

The scale was down one more lousy pound, and I have yet to experience a whoosh! I just keep waiting.. So i'm at 182. 1 more pound and it'll be 20 so I am patiently waiting! On the upside - Andy is getting off early today, and said he wants to go walking with me. So I postponed going this morning so we can go together. We'll see if he still does it.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Hello,
I'm a lurker to your board so thought I should break down and say hi! Anyway, I have done Atkins in the past and recently started back. I tried some other things but the carbs got the better of me (you know those evil ones of too much sugar type). Anyway I do a modified OWL. I keep the carbs at or below 30 and allow myself many foods in OWL's lower ladder. Just thought I would jump in and say hi.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

I stickied your April Exercise thread

Love yah !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #9  
Susan hockeyfan7

Hi everyone!

Sandra, yes getting the feeling of not wanting to eat is perfectly normal. I took it to the extreme where I wasn't eating at all after breakfast at one point during my first 100 lb loss, so I added in a few more carbs to break that.

I'm just waiting for 2 more hours so I can get out of here. We have hockey tickets tonight and RTD is on strike -- which means no light rail, no downtown mall shuttle and very little bus service. So all those people who usually take the light rail downtown for the game will be on the freeway driving instead. I hate traffic.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #10  

Susan- have fun at the game....that sounds like a great time.

Ciarra-

Falon- have a great time on your walk....its always nice to walk with someone.

Well I think our storms may be over. When I went to bed we had like 30 mph winds and it was dark and dreary. Now the sun is out....so I'm happy.

Headed to Curves. Talk to you all later.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:51 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi all and welcome Ciarra I was thinking of tht for one of my girls! love the name!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #12  

Welcome Ciarra! Nice to have you come out of lurkerdom! Hope to hear more from you..

Well I can't believe it, but Andy walked with me today. Yes, it was a triumph to say the least. He enjoyed it and actually walked one more mile than I did. I had to stop after 2 because this cut on the big toe bone on my foot was killing me! I did that with the scale (don't ask) lol and it was so sore the whole time, but 2 was good. We talked a lot about our vacation and what we wanted to do, so that was nice. We're going to shoot for tomorrow. Im a shoe in of course, but we'll have to see how his day goes. It's not that he doesn't want to go to the gym, he just works such nutty hours, that it's really unapealing. There's days he's can get off by 3 (rare) and others when he's home at 8pm. So it varies so drastically. *sigh* One day at a time..

Susan -- enjoy the hockey game. The RTD strike has stranded so many people it sucks..

Ladies: Sweet dreams - See ya'll in the morning.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:28 AM   #13  
Baby Steps

Sandra: WTG on the clothes getting looser and the measurements going down. You're doing AWESOME!! Keep up the great work!!

Lacey: I'm just going to buy a new shirt to go with the dress pants I have. I don't dress up a lot so figure it doesn't pay to buy a new outfit Yup, I'm practical. lol

Robin: Did you ever get the t-storms?

Jackie: I like the "size" idea rather than a weight. Great idea I'll have to think on that one as well

Falon: Ok, I've gotta ask....what on EARTH happened to your toe and the scale. I'm guessing you kicked it? WTG on the pound! A pound less is better than either nothing or a gained pound. Be excited!!!

Ciarra: Welcome!! Glad you decided to join us.

Leenie: thanks for the stickies

Susan: How was the hockey game??

Sue:

Well, I got my water intake in but not my exercise. Not unless you count folding clothes exercise? Nah, I didn't think so. But got quite a few of them done. Just reinforces my belief that my kids do NOT need more clothes (regular clothes. Dressy clothes they need ). Doubt I'll get exercise in today either. TOM is here as well as killer cramps. The kind you don't even want to move with, know what I mean? At least the backache went away. Decided to start allowing myself a soda a day as long as I get 2 glasses (16 oz each) of water in before I start drinking it. Then I have to force myself to drink the remaining 2 glasses. But it's my "treat" for getting the water in. So far it's working. I just have to remember only ONE and it's a treat for the water. The scale is up because of TOM, of course, but I'm not worried about it. It'll go down when it goes down--and it should go down again after TOM leaves. Then again, my SIL's wedding is coming so I'm not expecting anything. Just picking up again where I left off next Monday. And then I'm planning on stepping up my exercise. Maybe doing the 2 mile WATP tapes and then something else besides. Maybe the step program--or try the dance program again. I look ******ed trying to match them but DANG is it work! Oldest DD is home sick today. Sore throat & stuffy nose. Told her she's gotta get better by Friday. Now....what are the chances I'm going to get it next???
Old 04-04-2006, 08:29 AM   #14  
TemporaryFatChick

Hello Ciarra, I'm glad you decided to come out of lurkdom and say hi

Girls... Guess what????
OMG I'm so excited I could jump over the moon... I've lost 50 pounds! OMG, I can hardly believe it, I'm about to faint. Who'dathunk????

No matter what happens, today's going to be a great day
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:32 AM   #15  
Baby Steps

Tenn:

WTG!!!!! that is SO awesome!!