Carb Counters - Weekly Chat---April 3-9

View Full Version : Weekly Chat---April 3-9

lady_adnerb
04-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Well, it's Monday, it's dark out (time change) and it's gloomy to boot. Looks like a day to get the kids on the bus and go back to bed. I'm tired and I think it's from not enough water and too many soda's. I had 3 and only 2 (16 oz) of water. Yup, definitely need to up that. This week should be good but this weekend going to do the best I can. SIL's wedding. We'll be gone Friday, Saturday and coming home Sunday. But at least I'm getting moving (exercise) so that's a start. I'll work on that as being my goal--not weight loss. That'll happen when it's supposed to happen :)
Hope you all had a great weekend!!

ilovemike4alwayz
04-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Oh I am so excited guys. My clothes are getting looser. I took measurements the day I started induction and I still have 2 more weeks to go before I "officially" measure again, but curosity got the best of me and I have lost several inches. I have lost everywhere, so i am totally excited. I have to do some grocery shopping which I really hate cause I am not hungry anymore and nothing is appealing. Does this happen to anyone else? Someone told me that meant I was in ketosis. Ok well I am gonna be late if i dont scoot out the door. -Sandra

bnbsmommy1
04-03-2006, 10:30 AM
awesome job, Sandra!!! Those clothes will be falling right off ya in no time!! Before you know it you'll be forced to go find some smaller clothes!!

Brenda: I've been drinking pop too! Your idea to have an exercise goal instead of weight sounds very healthy!! Have a great time at the wedding, you're going to look fantastic!!!

Gotta run, hope everyone has a great week, don't forget your water!!!

Lacey

RobinW
04-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Great Job Sandra!! :cb: :cb: Im curious....what did you weigh the last time your dh seen you? Im so excited for you!! :)

They are calling for t-storms here today, but its nice and sun shiney at the moment.

Have a great day ladies!

M&Gmom
04-03-2006, 11:20 AM
That is awesome Sandra. :bravo: I can't wait to hear how much you have lost...inches and lbs. You are doing great. I decided the other day that I really don't have a goal "weight", but more of a goal "size". So I think inches count as much as pounds.

:wave: to everyone else too. I'm off to bed.

Falon
04-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Afternoon girls:

It was a long weekend, and I absolutely despise the time change. It throws the body off, and being tired doesn't begin to describe how it makes me feel!

The scale was down one more lousy pound, and I have yet to experience a whoosh! I just keep waiting.. So i'm at 182. 1 more pound and it'll be 20 so I am patiently waiting! On the upside - Andy is getting off early today, and said he wants to go walking with me. So I postponed going this morning so we can go together. We'll see if he still does it.

Hope everyone has a nice day. :)

Ciarra
04-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Hello,
I'm a lurker to your board so thought I should break down and say hi! Anyway, I have done Atkins in the past and recently started back. I tried some other things but the carbs got the better of me (you know those evil ones of too much sugar type). Anyway I do a modified OWL. I keep the carbs at or below 30 and allow myself many foods in OWL's lower ladder. Just thought I would jump in and say hi.

Leenie
04-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi Ladies,

I stickied your April Exercise thread :grouphug:

Love yah !!

hockeyfan7
04-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone!

Sandra, yes getting the feeling of not wanting to eat is perfectly normal. I took it to the extreme where I wasn't eating at all after breakfast at one point during my first 100 lb loss, so I added in a few more carbs to break that.

I'm just waiting for 2 more hours so I can get out of here. We have hockey tickets tonight and RTD is on strike -- which means no light rail, no downtown mall shuttle and very little bus service. So all those people who usually take the light rail downtown for the game will be on the freeway driving instead. I hate traffic.

M&Gmom
04-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Susan- have fun at the game....that sounds like a great time.

Ciarra- :welcome:

Falon- have a great time on your walk....its always nice to walk with someone.

Well I think our storms may be over. When I went to bed we had like 30 mph winds and it was dark and dreary. Now the sun is out....so I'm happy. :sunny:

Headed to Curves. Talk to you all later.

nasus40
04-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Hi all and welcome Ciarra I was thinking of tht for one of my girls! love the name!!

Falon
04-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Welcome Ciarra! Nice to have you come out of lurkerdom! :p Hope to hear more from you..

Well I can't believe it, but Andy walked with me today. Yes, it was a triumph to say the least. :carrot: He enjoyed it and actually walked one more mile than I did. I had to stop after 2 because this cut on the big toe bone on my foot was killing me! I did that with the scale (don't ask) lol and it was so sore the whole time, but 2 was good. We talked a lot about our vacation and what we wanted to do, so that was nice. We're going to shoot for tomorrow. Im a shoe in of course, but we'll have to see how his day goes. It's not that he doesn't want to go to the gym, he just works such nutty hours, that it's really unapealing. There's days he's can get off by 3 (rare) and others when he's home at 8pm. So it varies so drastically. *sigh* One day at a time..

Susan -- enjoy the hockey game. The RTD strike has stranded so many people it sucks.. :mad:

Ladies: Sweet dreams - See ya'll in the morning.

lady_adnerb
04-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Sandra: WTG on the clothes getting looser and the measurements going down. You're doing AWESOME!! Keep up the great work!!

Lacey: :wave: I'm just going to buy a new shirt to go with the dress pants I have. I don't dress up a lot so figure it doesn't pay to buy a new outfit :lol: Yup, I'm practical. lol

Robin: Did you ever get the t-storms?

Jackie: I like the "size" idea rather than a weight. Great idea :) I'll have to think on that one as well :)

Falon: Ok, I've gotta ask....what on EARTH happened to your toe and the scale. I'm guessing you kicked it? WTG on the pound! A pound less is better than either nothing or a gained pound. Be excited!!! :)

Ciarra: Welcome!! Glad you decided to join us. :)

Leenie: :wave: thanks for the stickies :)

Susan: How was the hockey game??

Sue: :wave:

Well, I got my water intake in but not my exercise. Not unless you count folding clothes exercise? Nah, I didn't think so. But got quite a few of them done. Just reinforces my belief that my kids do NOT need more clothes (regular clothes. Dressy clothes they need :lol: ). Doubt I'll get exercise in today either. TOM is here as well as killer cramps. The kind you don't even want to move with, know what I mean? At least the backache went away. Decided to start allowing myself a soda a day as long as I get 2 glasses (16 oz each) of water in before I start drinking it. Then I have to force myself to drink the remaining 2 glasses. But it's my "treat" for getting the water in. So far it's working. I just have to remember only ONE and it's a treat for the water. The scale is up because of TOM, of course, but I'm not worried about it. It'll go down when it goes down--and it should go down again after TOM leaves. Then again, my SIL's wedding is coming so I'm not expecting anything. Just picking up again where I left off next Monday. And then I'm planning on stepping up my exercise. Maybe doing the 2 mile WATP tapes and then something else besides. Maybe the step program--or try the dance program again. :lol: I look ******ed trying to match them but DANG is it work! :lol: Oldest DD is home sick today. Sore throat & stuffy nose. Told her she's gotta get better by Friday. Now....what are the chances I'm going to get it next??? :lol:

Tennessee
04-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Hello Ciarra, I'm glad you decided to come out of lurkdom and say hi :)

Girls... Guess what????
OMG I'm so excited I could jump over the moon... I've lost 50 pounds! OMG, I can hardly believe it, I'm about to faint. Who'dathunk????

No matter what happens, today's going to be a great day

lady_adnerb
04-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Tenn:
:balloons: :woo: :dancer: :dance: :cb: :bravo: :carrot:

WTG!!!!! that is SO awesome!!

bnbsmommy1
04-04-2006, 10:25 AM
:hug: EXCELLENT JOB Stacy!!!!

I am SO proud of you!!!! YOU ROCK!!!

:dance: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :twirly: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

you've inspired me :hug:

Ciarra
04-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Tennessee,
Congradulations! What an accomplishment!

Falon
04-04-2006, 12:33 PM
TENN! That is awesome! How inspiring you are! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Brenda: Hah. Well.. I was standing in the bathroom and used my right foot to slide the scale away from the wall towards myself. Well the top lip of the scale slid right across the joint of my big toe. I thought I scratched myself, but noticed it was bleeding pretty seriously. Had to change the bandage twice. LOL Just one of those stupid things that I sweat I won't repeat. :o

So Andy thinks he's in a stall since the scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks. I told him to stick it out, and since he plans on walking no matter what, he should see it start to come off again. I didn't like carbing up, much less how it made me feel afterwards. I also am only 1 pound below my lowest weight. So, I don't think it was to much worth it. He called from work this morning, and was talking about making walking a priority. I think he finally gets that he needs to get moving. We live 3 miles from the rec center, so he wants to start riding our bikes over there was the spring weather is a little more stable here. We still get snow in April. :dizzy: So we should be going tonight after he gets home. We'll see.

I have arrands to run, and vacation research to do, so i'm off.

Hugs to you all, and an extra one for you Tenn! :hug:

hockeyfan7
04-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Tennessee, that's fantastic! :hug: (no dancing carrots -- too many carbs).

Sure, Falon, that's your story and you're sticking to it??? :D :D :D

Hi Ciarra - welcome!

The hockey game was really boring the first period. With one minute left in the game, they were ahead. Our guy scored and tied the game with about 15 seconds left and I'm thinking, great, overtime and I'm already tired. Well another guy of ours scored with 12 seconds left, so no OT and I got to go home.

Falon, I'm leaving on Thursday for my trip. We will only be in DC Friday morning -- unless it rains. We have Orioles baseball tickets in Baltimore for Sunday and I'm working Friday night and all day Saturday. Monday we are driving to Delaware to see John's sister and the new baby before we head back for the airport. That's the funny thing about the eastern part of the country -- blink and you are in a different state.

M&Gmom
04-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Wow....Tenn..50 lbs is AWESOME!!!!!!! Way to go :cheer: :cheer:

Hey :wave: to the rest of you too. Nothing very exciting happening in my neck of the world.

Gotta go take my DS for walk.

nasus40
04-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Tenn Whoo hoo what a great thing!!Keep up the great job!!!

Ditto Susan on the hocky game. I just do not get into sports like that. Hey when IN DC this weekend say Hi to my SIL and BIL (just think hi) they are going there aswell this weekend.

Falon have fun with the exercise men can be such motivation but also PITA's when it comes to that. that is one reason I like to exercise by my self.

I just realized why I was being so crabby at work TOM is due any time UGH

SherryA
04-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi girls. I'm trying to keep myself from acting crazy or giving up. The scale is depressing and my inability to meet any new goals is making me a bit nuts. I keep having strange thoughts. Like "who are you kidding?" or "Atkins isn't something you are going to be able to sustain for the long term." or "Maybe it is time to try a different diet." Or the weirdest one "You don't need to eat anyway. You have enough fat to live a very long time without eating at all, so what is the big deal?"

So yesterday I went to bed with out dinner. Ate very little all day. Today I had a breakfast burrito (with a low carb wrap) for lunch and am cooking early tonight (pot roast). But I'm getting perfectionistic which I promised myself I wouldn't do. I'm struggling with all or nothing thinking (which is a place I didn't want to go to). Feeling like unless I do this diet with absolute precision and no deviations that it isn't going to work (and of course, it doesn't).

I keep losing and regaining the same 5 pounds. Just when I start to do well something comes up like an opportunity to go out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants (on Sunday).

I guess I'm just mad at myself lately. I'm tired of the same pounds coming and going and I need to buckle down, and I'm having a hard time doing that and I don't know why. Most days I do ok, but the one or two day of the week that I blow it screws up the rest of the time.

RobinW
04-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Evening Ladies :)

Stacy....WOW WOW WOW Congratulations!! :carrot: :cp: :hat: :dance: :goodvibes :cheer: :balloons: :high: :cloud9: :woo: :grouphug: Great Job!!

Brenda~ Yup, we got the thunderstorms (which I absolutely hate) tonight they are calling for "thunder snow" which I detest more than regular thunder storms!! .....I used to live in Thunder Bay, Ontario....thats where my fear of storms developed. It was never too bad before :rolleye:

Ive been in a bit of a funk....the hormones are wreeking havoc again :( I really wish there was a pill to adjust my moods (just for the days I need it) Other than that, things are busy, and going ok.

Have a nice evening :wave:

ilovemike4alwayz
04-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Congrats Stacey! Well I have found that I am going to have to sort of force myself to eat a little more than what I am. Now please dont freak out I know that i am only supposed to eat when I am hungry, but I wont eat at all if I went by that. I am keeping it low carb and everything and have decided to re read my book and on monday I am going on strick induction. I am still on induction, but i was breaking a few rules that I didnt know, so I am gonna go completely by the book. But other than that, I am still losing. I have been cheat free for 15 days now and I have already lost 2 inches off my tummy. I have lost everywhere but that is the only one that I can remember the exact measurement. HA HA. Ok well off to another exciting day at work. NOT.

-Sandra

lady_adnerb
04-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Lacey, Ciarra, Susan, Sue & Jackie: :wave:

Falon: Sounds AWEFUL! Hope it heals soon! And it's awesome that you'll have an exercise buddy!!

Sherry: Could it be self sabotage? I had discovered that was my problem. Keep up the great work because you ARE doing so awesome. Even if you do mess up a couple days. Maybe you "need" those days for now.

Robin: Ok, I've lived through thunderstorms. But never a "thunder snow". The storms around us are getting worse each year. More tornado's popping up than there used to be. Hope your storms are done now.

Sandra: No need for us to freak. Yes, you're supposed to eat only when hungry but it also says not to go more than 6 hours w/out eating. And sounds like you've got a good plan in place :) Keep up the great work!!

Well, I blew it on the water and exercise yesterday. DD#1 is now home sick. Stayed home yesterday and today. Well, I did errands and stuff so didn't find time (excuse, I know) to exercise. I DID buy an outfit for my SIL's wedding...but I'm taking the skirt part of it back. Both DD#1 and DH don't like the way it looks on me. Truthfully, I didn't either but wanted their opinion as I'm not a "dress" (or dressy) person. Probably why it didn't look good :lol: So I'll wear the black pants I have with it. I do have a black skirt (from a few years ago :lol: ) that I might try and see if it'll look ok with. See which looks better (pants or skirt). I also bought a new pair of dressy sandals. Did I mention I HATE shopping for myself???? These clothes'll last me a LONGGGGG time :lol: But I'm determined to do better (at least with the water) today.

RobinW
04-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Morning :coffee:

Brenda~ yup, thunder snow.....in the middle of a snowstorm, it starts to thunder and lightening....that crap just freaks me out! :crazy: The weather is getting stranger and stranger the last few years!

Well, I drew my first full bodied dragon yesterday! I was so excited...he doesnt have any feet.....but thats because I havent a clue how to draw dragon feet yet :lol: Im getting there. I had found a book that was done by a woman that has a website, with dragon tutorials. An entire book!! I was so thrilled! The kind of tutorials that help you understand what you are drawing, and take you step by step thru the proccess. I just love it, and cant wait for the next one, come to find out comes out this month! :cb:

Ive been fighting the :sumo: lady for a while, and today I am not going to let her win! I am soooooo tired of dieting, and being fat, I just want it all to be overwith!! Know what I mean?!!

Have a great day ladies!

Falon
04-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Morning Ladies:

Susan -- Sounds like your goingt o have a nice time. We finally got all of our dates figured out last night, so we will get to be there for 4th of July. We figured what the ****.. we'd probably never be there that time of year again, so we may as well. :D Now if I can only convince him we are supposed to live in New England somewhere...

Robin -- I hope you get out of your funk soon. Is this something you can talk to your physician about? There's no reason to go through this if there is something that can help. :hug:

Sue -- LMAO! I can't believe I figured out PITA's w/o a cup of coffee in my system yet. :rofl: Like I said, i'll take this one day at a time. So far so good. We walked yesterday too. Go figure.

Sherry -- :hug: I'm with ya. I am not seeing the scale results, though surely there are physical ones. Maybe it is time to go strictly OP now. Some have an easier time at this diet, and it's not to undermind their struggles and successes, but there are factors that make it easier for some and harder for others. I think we just fall into the harder catagory. You have done awesome so far, and it's not time to give up. You would only hate yourself later for it. The weight you have lost is a great acheivement, and you need to remind yourself of that. KEEP GOING!!!:lifter:

Brenda -- The cut's fine now. I just feel stupid that it happened. I swear that scale hates me in more ways than one!! LOL Hope the kiddo get's well soon, and remember that when you reach your goal, and feel super sexy, you might enjoy shopping a little bit more! :D

Sandra -- When ya going to move your weight tracker! I'm so curious! <grins> You are doing fantastic, and your insentive is certainly one to strive for.

Andy did walk with me yesterday, and I was the one ready to go home! We ran all of the arrands before going to the rec center. Also had to get a new exhaust system on my car, get insurance on all of our vehicles, etc. It was about 3 hours of running around before walking, and I was tired. Nope, he was a drill sargent, and made me go. LOL We did 2 miles because we needed to get home and feed the kids. I'm actually feeling the 2 miles more this morning than I ever felt the 4 I was walking before. He is 6'3 and i'm 4'11 so my stride to keep up with him was something quite interesting to say the least. *sigh* My poor wee legs.. He said he doesn't care what time it is, and we'll be going again. I'm starting to believe him! HA!

Ok, well the scale said 181 this morning, so that would put me at 20 pounds, but i'm affraid to change my ticker just yet. So if it says it tomorrow, I will. I want to change it now because I need that motivation, and feeling of acomplishment, but i'll hold off.

Busy day today.. Everyone have a gorgeous one! :hug:

dan1st
04-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi I'm new here.
Good job to Sandra and Stacey. Keep up the good work!

RobinW
04-05-2006, 12:03 PM
:welcome3: Dan1st.......good to have you here :)

M&Gmom
04-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Brenda - Your shopping sounds fun to me. So are we gonna get to see a picture of you all "dressed" up???? Sure would like to see one.

Sandra - :bravo: on your 15 days cheat free. That is awesome.

Falon - :bravo: on your walk. I think exercise is so much more fun and harder to find excuses if you have a partner. :lol: funny story about the toe. Sorry it had to happen, and glad it is healing, but its still kinda funny. Just because it was the scale...guess we all have that love/hate relationship with the scale.

Sherry - Don't be frustrated. I think you are doing great and I think the scale will move. I know it is hard to stay OP all the time, but the loss is such a motiviator for me when I do stay strict OP. We have all fallen off the wagon, but you just gotta get right back on and hang on for the ride. :hug:

Robin - Sending you lots of :hug: and :dust:

Lacey, Susan and everyone else... :wave: Have a great day to you all. I'm headed to bed. I'll catch up with ya later.

plb@m
04-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm on day 11 and have been in large on my ketone strips for 4 days now and I gained 3lbs. I don't understand this I have been eating 20 or under carbs a day. I'm just really feeling bad that there is no way I'm going to get to my goal for Easter. Now DD on the other hand has been doing great losing about 8lbs and she's on day 10. We have been eating the same , but I let her have sprite zero and suger free jello. I don't want to stop doing Atkin because I know she needs someone to do it with ,but I need to find out how to make it work for me.
Can anyone help?

Ciarra
04-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Well, a few questions....
What is your current weight/height and what do you hope to weigh? The less you have to lose the harder it is.
Can you post a few days menus so we can see what you are eating? Might be something lurking in there.
Are you on any meds? They can wreak havoc on even the most dedicated dieter.
Are you exercising? That is a pretty tricky question, because it can add muscle and add weight but eventually it helps the scale and inches go down. My scale is turtling big time, but my inches are wisking away. I'm exercising lots and that is my explanation to myself. I feel better amd my clothes fit better so currently I'm just snarling at my scale.
Are you drinking enough water?
Atkins says eat when hungry till satisfied. Are you? I mean we are allowed some incedible food. The smaller you are the less of it you can eat and effectively lose. Atkins isn't a calorie counting diet, but calories still can play a big role in your losses. When i started i could eat a lot more than now and still show losses.
Are you doing Atkins shakes and the like? Some people can not do them and still show a loss. We are all different unfortunately. I'm scared to try them.
Atkins works and works very well but sometimes it needs a little tweaking. Watch your caffine consumption, your artificial sweetner consumtion and drink all and more of your water if you can, I bet you will see the scales move soon.

plb@m
04-05-2006, 01:31 PM
5'3 175
exercise 40mins 5 days aweek
meds -Albuterol (asthma)
My day of eating go like this...........
B-2eggs bacon or sausage
L-2cups salad with cheese and mayo
D- meat (steak ,pork chops , crab legs) and green beans or spinach 1/2 cup
S- 4oz cheese and some times pork rinds
64oz water or more a day. I only drink water.
Cals are 1500 to 1700 aday

Ciarra
04-05-2006, 02:20 PM
If TOM is close by maybe that is the culprit as well. I always have some water weight at that time but it goes away afterwards. Or, maybe salt? Water retention. But the only salt I see is pork rinds and bacon or sausage. You menu looks excellent. Also some people have trouble with cheese. Might be something to try to cut down on. In the book he does talk about people who are metabolically resistant. Unfortunately, that may be something you need to look at if you continue on with no loss.
Maybe someoneelse will see something that might be helpfull.

plb@m
04-05-2006, 02:33 PM
TOM isn't it ........I'm thinking maybe there is something in the the suasage I'm not seeing . I'll cut it out and watch the cheese and see what happens in the next 3 days.
Thanks for the help.

RobinW
04-05-2006, 02:37 PM
I was thinking it might be salt. I agree, your menu looks good.
Just a few thoughts....

lower salt intake
ditch the sausages
eat more lean protein (chicken and fish)
strange as it sounds, eat more eggs
keep up with the veggie intake, that looks great!
mix up your exercise a bit...are you doing the same thing 5x a week?

Hope this helps a bit...keep us posted

Falon~ nope, last time I mentioned it, he started writing a scrip....I dont want something I have to take "forever" You know that magic pill that only exists in fairytales.......that zaps the hormonal "crazyness" every month. *big sigh* I still wouldnt trade my boobs for one of those dangly things between my dh's legs :lol3:

Im doing better today tho...eating is ontrack....thanks for the :dust: Jackie!!

ilovemike4alwayz
04-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Albeuterol is a steroid. You might ask your doc about that.

ilovemike4alwayz
04-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Ok so I promice that that Saturday I will go to the gym and get my morning weight so that it can be accurate and I will change that dang ticker. I am sitting here enjoying a cup of jello with strawberries and homemade whipped cream and it is really hitting the spot. I wanted to use them up before I go back on strict induction Monday. I had a really good day today and really sweat big time at the gym. I have made it everyday so far this week. Well I really need a shower, so I will catch up with you guys later.

-Sandra

hockeyfan7
04-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi everyone! My flight leaves tomorrow morning and I won't be back until Tuesday. Not sure how often I will be able to log in, so if I'm not around much, I'll be back on Tuesday. Maryland blue crab -- here I come!!!

Falon - plan to watch the fireworks on July 4th on the Mall by the Washington Monument. We went to A Capitol Fourth on the Capitol lawn, but then you couldn't see the fireworks too well.

SherryA
04-06-2006, 12:23 AM
Ketostix finally got to moderate today. I keep hoping to see some new weight loss soon. Scale is at 245.5 Not near as low as I'd like, not as high as it has been recently. My lowest so far was 241, so I'm not pleased with 245.5

One week left for me for our challenge. If I don't see some results soon that will assure me that I'm going to be able to fit well in my dress next Wednesday, I will probably fast Monday and Tuesday (and maybe Wednesday). Hopefully the diet will start working again.

Anyway I propose a "no cheat challenge" to anyone who has been struggling with little deviations. For me this "no cheats" must last through next Wednesday. 1 week no cheats. Anyone want to join in?

Falon
04-06-2006, 12:32 AM
OOooo!! Susan! I wanted to chime in before you go,and say have a great time. Thanks for the tip about the fireworks. I'll be sure to do that. I was thinking the capitol as well, but we would have only been a little disappointed. Thanks for the heads up. :D Be safe, and you enjoy yourself...

Sherry- Stick in there hon. You are really an inspiration though I get the feeling you don't know it. I like the Reli-On brand strips. I haven't had any issues with them.

Sandra - You're kicking butt girl!

Jackie - :hug:

And a big goodnight hug to everyone else.

ilovemike4alwayz
04-06-2006, 07:47 AM
ok so i measured myself before I started on induction and I am more fond of the measurements than the scale and this morning out of curosity, I measured my tummy rolls and I have lost 3 inches out of each! that just after being on this for almost 3 weeks. I am just tickled pink. I even called my mom and told her and it is 5:45am. I think it has to do with stepping up my cardio. I am telling you guys who dont want to exercise, it comes off so much faster when doing so and cardio makes you burn all over fat and lifting weights keeps you from getting saggy. I just cant believe how good I am doing. Sorry if it seems that I am boasting on myself, but you have to understand. I have never done this good on a healthy way of eating. There is no way that I will cheat. It is not worth it. I wish everyone else weightloss for the day!

-Sandra

lady_adnerb
04-06-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm on the run today so unfortunately don't have time for personals. I logged in with time to do it and then got sidetracked. Now there's no time but I wanted to log in and wish the best of luck to everyone over the weekend and to say Hi :wave:

RobinW
04-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Good Morning :sunny:

Sandra~ no....its not boasting, you're proud of yourself, and so are we! :hug: How much weight have you lost since the last time your dh seen you?

Sherry~ I'll join you for a cheat free week. Im struggling (again)

Off for coffee with hubby, then some shopping this afternoon...have a great day ladies.

Falon
04-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Morning Girls:

Brenda - have a wonderful day! :hug: Catch up later...

Sandra - you are doing so incredible, and you have every right to boast (even though it's not really boasting). This is the place you are supposed to do it.. You are inspiring, and some of us need to hear it! :)

Robin - have a great time shopping, and coffee with hubby sounds nice. Sometimes, i'll get up at 4:30 or 5 just to have coffee with Andy before he leaves.

As I said, Andy and I did walk yesterday. we were pressed for time, so we only got in 2 miles. He really is determined to go everyday, so it's nice even though i'm ready to call him Major Payne! LOL

I changed my ticker. The scale was teh same this morning, and damnit(!) I need it to change... I want to see it move for inspiration and motivation! :D

:hug:

Check in later. Got lots to do today.. Then Major Payne will be home to crack the whip. LOL

SherryA
04-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Falon you and me too. I need to see that scale do something right. It is so frustrating sometimes. I was good all day yesterday, the scale was down (before dinner) and then this morning it is back up a pound from my before dinner weight. I think ketosis is here, but you wouldn't know it by the way the scale acts.

Sandra you're not boasting! Enjoy it while it lasts, and if you are exercising hard, then you deserve whatever success you get. I hope your hubby is wonderfully surprised when he sees you again.

I wanted to surprise my family in July when I see them again, but the way my progress has been going I'm not sure there will be much of a difference. I'm hanging on though and redoubling my efforts.

Sometimes I feel like an anorexic must feel though. I've read that they get almost obsessed with food and with making it for other people, but not eating it themselves. This morning I made this wonderful lunch for my kids and as I was coming home from dropping them at school I reviewed what I gave them and only the tuna and the cream cheese were things I could have. The fruit, cookies, juice and bread wouldn't have been Atkins friendly. Still it looked like a wonderful lunch I was feeding them.

Robin We can do this week cheat free. No deviations. I know the weekend will be the toughest, but I'm determined. If the week passes and I'm still in this stupid slump I may have to try something else for awhile. First however I'm going to just be very rigid about low carb and see if I can't jump start something.

Falon
04-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Sherry - what about weighing yourself in the morning only, after you get up and go to the bathroom. It's the only time I jump on that blasted thing. I go straight in, pee, strip and get on. That number is the only one I take into consideration. I know, it's so darn frustrating, and hey.. my scale actually attacked my foot!!! LOL It truly is a love / hate realtionship.

It will move. Are you geting any excersise in? This morning Major Payne weighed himself and was down 2 more pounds (I just got off the phone with him) and so of course he's even more determined to go to the gym! LOL I can't remember if it's you or Brenda who hates to work out.

Got a walking buddy you can hook up with? Wish I was there to help ya! I know the in-person motivation is great. :hug:

Ciarra
04-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Sandra,
Congrats on the inches lost and the exercise really does help. I'm a big beleiver in it to.
Sherry,
I hear you about the scale. Mine isn't moving right now either. Are your inches going down though? I have noticed that my inches go down first and then the weight will follow on the scale, but sometimes that takes awhile. When you lose fat your fat cells shrink and then grab hold of water and hang onto it for awhile, so the scale doesn't go down as much as you would hope.
As for me my scale is reading Lo battery right now. I can occasionally get it to show a reading but not sure how accurate that it is right now. Anybody know? Anyway, think I may wait a little while before I buy a new battery and hope for a happy suprise when I get back on it. Tired of arguing with it anyway.
My birthday is at the end of the month. Told my husband I want money and time at Victoria's Secret to spend it. So I'm planning on eating clean at least until the 29th. Want to be my smallest for the shopping excursion. Then I'm in a wedding in May so probably will plan to eat clean until after that day and look as nice as I can for it. So I guess I'm up for the next week and even more if anyone cares to join me. I don't just eat induction though. I will stay under 30 carbs a day, get in my exercise and try to cut back on my caffine (coffee) consumption.
Knd of off topic, but....
There is a salon in town doing herbal body wraps. They are supposed to help take inches off. Wondering if they help to firm up/shrink the skin any? Anybody know? Anybody ever try one? My skin is getting a little loose and thought it might be worth it to have it done to help with elasticity. Just a thought.

M&Gmom
04-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Way to go Sandra....I want to hear your successes...motivates us all.

Sherry & Ciarra - the scale WILL move. Just keep on keepin on. :hug: We're here for you. :hug:

:wave: everyone else.

I'm down another 1.5 pounds...today...I hope it stays off for at least another day. :carrot: I'm still not sure I'll make my Easter Dress Challenge weight....but oh well...I know I have lost more inches...or at least my clothes fit better.

Tonight and tomorrow night are my nights off. I really want to go out tomorrow night, but I'm afraid I won't because I'll want a beer. I'm cleaning all day tomorrow. Might go pick out a new color to paint my bathroom and living room. And that will be my project next Thursday and Friday.

:wave: have a great evening everyone.

Tennessee
04-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this thread, ISP problems *sigh* Anyway - Thank you so much for the pats on the back, I really appreciate it. You know, your friends get tired of hearing about it sometimes, and itís nice to have a place to share, especially when you guys really understand.

I'm determined
Your determination is the key, and I know you can do it Sherry. I know you know, but are you taking your measurements? You know how weird this WOE is, you can stay the same weight for weeks but be loosing inches. Iíll be rootiní for ya!

Falon, I still canít believe that your scale actually jumped out and attacked your foot! Itís not enough that they make us cry, now theyíre attacking? Something MUST be done! LOL

Sandra, WTG girl! ^5 :)

PLB, I donít have anything to add except just hang in there. If you eat consistently the weight really will come off. Yes, it does tend to go up and down day to day, but over the long haul, itís always down. I think our bodies play with balancing our water a lot, and that thatís the culprit. Then to, if I was a teenager or a man, Iíd drop weight right and left, as a 43 year old woman, itís going to be tougher to evict the pounds. Just keep going and youíll get where you wanna be.

Gotta run to meet my walking buddies. Susan, Brenda, Robin Ė HI!

ilovemike4alwayz
04-06-2006, 07:56 PM
I have probably lost 10lbs. last I saw my hubby which was in feb., but I wasnt on atkins. So he is gonna be in shock. I actually gained while he was here, but I have promiced myself that I will not change my eating ways for him and I think he will enjoy eating more of what I do anyways.

Ok as far as exercise, what I do is everyother day i lift weights to work out my arms and legs and then afterwards I do a hour of cardio to burn all over fat on the elliptical machine, but every 3 weeks I change cardio machines to add a little flavor. Needless to say I work my @$$ off. I took my friend with me the other day and all she could say was that she doent know how i do it everyday. Made me feel good.

Ok well I can smell my turkey leg. I am gonna go munch. Hope everyone had a good day.

-Sandra

ilovemike4alwayz
04-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Where is everyone? I am so glad that it is Friday. My body is still not use to this time change at all. Well hope everyone has a good day.

-Sandra

M&Gmom
04-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Morning to you all. :sunny:

Sandra - your workout sounds great. You are doing awesome. Can't wait to hear what your DH says when he sees the "new" you!

I'm cleaning house and grocery shopping today. Would love to go shopping for more...but am trying to put myself on a budget to save for vacation....yuk...sometimes I hate budgets. Oh well, it will all be worth it come July.

Hope you all have a great day. HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :wave:

Ciarra
04-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Morning everyone,
TGIF!
The accountant called yesterday and our taxes are done, at least it is before the 15th. Gotta pick them up today.
Have a great day everyone.

RobinW
04-07-2006, 10:15 AM
:wave:

Tennessee
04-07-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm cleaning house and grocery shopping today
Wanna come do mine next? My house is seriously in need of a real cleaning, but now that the weather has been so nice, I just wanna be outside playing!

SherryA
04-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Scale was down to 244.5 today. No real inches lost. It is so hard to tell, because for me I have a hard time making sure I've measured in the same place twice. The one measurement that was smaller is a weird one I took when I first got disgusted with being so fat. It is a measurment that measures around my fat belly from the bottom of my belly roll to the top (just under my bust) As I've been losing fat in my belly I can't get around the roll as well (and get the tape measure to stay). Eventually I'm hoping that as my tummy continues to shrink it won't even be something I can take as a measurement any more. THAT one was smaller, but it's weird anyway.

The only other measurement that was any smaller is the one around my neck. It looks like I lost a quarter of an inch there.

Ketosis comes and goes in no predictable way.

plb@m
04-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm on day 13 and I lost the 3lbs I gain so no weight loss for me , But DD is on day 12 and started at 168 and is NOW 155 .( WoW) I'm so happy for her!!! So I'm going to stay on Atkins (as long as I don't gain ) until she can do this her self and gets down a little more. I keep hoping I'll lose , but as long as she is I can just be happy for her.
I cut out the pork rinds , sausage and bacon and cut down on the cheese to 2oz so I'm still hopeful I'll lose.

SherryA
04-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Scale read 243.5 after I got on it again. So that part is good. 1.5 more pounds to get back to my lowest weight this year. Then I can start on some new losses. I'm ready!

M&Gmom
04-07-2006, 09:36 PM
:bravo: sherry!!

Falon
04-08-2006, 02:22 AM
Falon, I still canít believe that your scale actually jumped out and attacked your foot! Itís not enough that they make us cry, now theyíre attacking? Something MUST be done! LOL

I still can't believe it either! A total crime.. and certainly not one of passion. More like distain! :D I keep a tight eye on that thing since then, and we've had no repeats. LOL

SHERRY!!! :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :balloons: Excellent news. Your patience (understandable hard) has paid off! Look it in the eye, and say "Bring it on!"

:hug:

Well, somewhere in Washinton D.C. Susan is enjoying some blue crab in our honor. :) Hope she's having a good time.

Goodnight ladies. See you sometime this weekend.

SherryA
04-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Thanks Falon,

I'm feeling renewed strength and determination today. Ketosis helps. And it helps to stay there. It takes so little to get out of ketosis and it takes days to get back in after such small cheats. Making the commitment to stay cheat free for a week is helping. Maybe it is a commitment I should renew each week!

Some days you just NEED a day or even a weekend off, but they do work havoc on the process. Still I think sometimes it is the better choice to allow a day or two of eating what you want rather than cheating a little bit every day. It gets it out of your system better.

Mentally I've been reviewing my efforts this year. I've had some days of minor deviations, but only about 3 or 4 days of any serious days off. So I feel pretty good about 2006. I think I can stick to plan for most of this year.

That is what I keep thinking about. I don't know how long it will take to lose the weight, but by December 31st I want to be well on my way to being swimsuit ready by next summer. Next year, next summer I'd really like to be able to go out in skimpy clothes to the beach or local pool or something and not have to be embarrassed. I think a year and 3 months is a reasonable time frame for anticipating that don't you?

Every January people recommit to losing weight, then they get to about April and start realizing that they probably won't be in a swimsuit by June or July. (I didn't expect to be from where I started). But then when they get that realization a lot of them give up and say "well there's always next year". Yeah. But only if you keep on pushing all through THIS year.

So that is where my head is at. It is what I want to see from myself this year. I want to see continued commitment and determination all throughout 2006! I think I can keep it up. I think I can!

Ciarra
04-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Sherry,
it is a good thought to look furthur into the future. Make long term goals to stick through.
You were talking about it being hard to measure the inches. I know how you feel. I like to buy something really tight or not quite fitting. Then try it on every Saturday. Then when it fits enjoy it, and buy another something too small to work towards. It really helps me to see a concrete difference in my size. Even though my scale appears at a standstill I wore my lastest pair last night to dinner. Now gotta pull out another pair to work towards. I am getting to the point I don't care about the scale as long as I can successfully get into smaller clothes once or twice a month.
Taking today off from my exercise because it is COLD outside. Can't believe it got cold. Doing Easter egg hunt today with son, lunch with my mom and a barbeque tonight with husband and friends..... Gotta love the weekend.

Ciarra
04-08-2006, 10:29 AM
plb@m:
Glad to hear your weight has come back down, hopefully soon you will see some losses!

ilovemike4alwayz
04-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Ok well I weighed this morning and the scale I can say I truly hate and I am so glad that I dont have one at home in my bathroom. I have only lost 6lbs. But hey I guess I atleast lost. So starting Monday, I am going strict. See if I cant move that scale a little more.

SherryA
04-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Six pounds is GOOD. From how long ago? Six pounds is quite a few cubes of butter!

M&Gmom
04-08-2006, 01:23 PM
I agree....:bravo: Sandra. 6 pounds is great. And if you've been working out you are probably losing inches as well as pounds. As I said in another thread...I'm more worried about inches at this point than pounds. Pounds are a number on a scale, inches are what change the way I look, the way my clothes fit, which changes the way I feel about myself.

Keep it up Sandra, you are doing great!!!!!!!

Falon
04-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Sherry -- you can do it. It's just that darn 'mind over matter' thing they keep talking about. :) What if you measured youself now, for a sort of starting point, and put up the scale for a few weeks. And maybe cut back the off times from a few days a week, to twice a month? Just thinking of different things to keep ya on track. You're doing great, and now that you are below your lowest weight, it's really inspiring. Mind over matter...

Sandra - You are buidling muscle with all the serious work you've been doing at the gym. You will see the results in the inches.. as you already have. Keep going. You are doing awesome, and you're going to freak your husband out! :D

I'm feelinf the results in my legs from walking with Major Payne! My strides are just to big as I try and keep up with him. This last time we were there, he told me to set the pace, and he would walk it . he did, but them all of a sudden, I experienced cramping in my left ankle. It was like all the muscles had seized up. It was strange. So I had to stop after a mile, but hopped on the stationary bike and did 12 miles at an incline. So I felt I made up for it. Talk about sweating! LOL

I'm off to the grocery store.. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. :hug:

Tennessee
04-08-2006, 05:08 PM
plb@m: Glad to hear your weight has come back down, hopefully soon you will see some losses!
What she said!

Sherry, I knew you could do it! Go girl go!!!
What I find helps me with accurate measurements is a full length mirror. I use it to make sure that Iím actually measuring the largest part of myself everytime, and that the measuring tape is level. I canít tell you how thrilled Iím NOT about looking at myself in only my bra as I measure, but it does make me more determined to see something else in the mirror.

As far as planning ahead, Iíve already decided that when the swimsuits go on sale at the end of the season, Iím going to buy a KILLER suit for next year, and a couple of sleveless dresses to! Iím going to leave them on the back of the bedroom door to remind me what Iím working for through the winter. I still hope to be in Onederland by the family reunion this Summer, and that I can hit my ultimate goal of 175 by next Spring, but I dunnoÖ If nothing else, Iíll be right there with you next Summer.

I have only lost 6lbs.
Only? 6 pounds is GREAT! Itís progress, itís two bags of onions, 6 boxes of butter, a newborn child! Go strict if you wanna, but rejoice in the fact that your efforts are paying off. Every day youíre getting a little bit closer to your goal. O yeah, if you are working out, especially if itís new to you, your body will be hanging onto some extra water for muscle repair.

then all of a sudden, I experienced cramping in my left ankle. It was like all the muscles had seized up.
Are you taking a multiple vitamin every day to keep your potassium and magnesium levels up?

Hello to everyone that I missed, hope youíre all out having fun. Gotta run, or actually walk, the fat girls are gonna get some walking in on this beautiful Spring day :)

Tenn

plb@m
04-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Ok, I know it was the bacon and the sausage now (must be sugar). I've been having ham and I'm down 1lb ,but today I eat bacon and my test strips went from large to trace. DD want down alittle too (large to moderate her large was really high must be her age .) She's doing so good , but she does want to take monday off she really wants a pop I got her 0carb pop ,but she wants her coke. So we are going to take a day off (and have some pizza) and I'm going to start induction again with out bacon and sausage and this time I'm going to lose some real weight!!
Thanks everyone for being so helpful.

Ciarra
04-09-2006, 12:24 PM
plb: glad to hear things are going in the right direction for you. I hate that some of us can eat some things and it not effect or weight loss while others can't. I think cheese has adverse effects on me so I limit it to 2 or 3 times a week.
Tenn: sounds like a plan. Enjoy that swimsuit shopping at the end of season.
Sandra congrats on those 6 pounds! a little more than a 5 pound bag of potatos. Walk aroung the store with 5 pounds of anything and you will be encouraged.
Jackie: I hear you about the inches. That's what I want to see go. I figure the scale will catch up eventually.
Falon: Congrats on finding something to work for you after the leg cramps. I take a calcium supplement for mine, just FYI if it continues to be a problem for you.

Last night we went to a barbeque. I tried to eat on plan as much as possible but ate a little of the sauces on the meat, so overall not too bad, I left everything else alone. Had raw broccolli, grape tomatoes and ribs and ham. The salt got to me though. I drank 5 glasses of water while I was there and this morning I woke up parched. Hate that feeling. Everyone was very friendly and offerered me other stuff, but I told them I had bought my dress for my friends wedding next month and I had better be able to wear it, so everyone was really supportive. Wonder what it will be like after the wedding.
Anyway.... my son got a new 20 inch bike Friday because he had gotten too big for his other one. So we are riding like crazy this weekend. Good exercise for the both of us. He's my exercise buddy! Anyway gotta get motivated to get outside.
Ya'll have a great day!

SherryA
04-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Potassium too is good when on Atkins and having leg cramps. I didn't relate the two when you mentioned it Falon. Definitely if you aren't taking potassium get some. This diet does deplete the stores of potassium and you need to supplement it a bit (especially at the beginning of the diet or when you have just gone back to induction). Charlie horses (when something siezes up and gets painful) are a direct result of potassium deficiency.

Falon
04-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Afternoon ladies:

Andy and I got toasted on rum and diet cokes last night, yet this morning I was down another pound! Yippe! I was sure I screwed myself up.. but was happy this morning to see it down. :D I think that was really testing the limits, and won't repeat it, but we had fun.

Sherry - that's exactly what I said to Andy when the cramping started. So we picked up a good multi vitamin, and hopefully that will help. Thanks for saying it though.. It isn't the first thing we connect.

Today the weather is so nice, we're going to ride the 3 miles to the rec center on our bikes. Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday. :hug:

SherryA
04-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Well potassium is a mineral, and it is a mineral that you can get too much of and then it becomes toxic, so whether it is contained in your multivitamin or not, you would need to check. Sometimes they don't contain the minerals. Particularly ones they are worried about you getting too much of. Even in the potassium pills that you take by themselves they only contain about 3% of what you need in a day...

Born2run2
04-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Hi all, I am officially on day number 6. It has actually been very easy to stick with. Probably because my DH predicted I won't stick with it very long(LOL). He really knows how to get me motivated. My DD is starting Atkins today, she only has about maybe 15 pounds to lose, but I congratulate her for losing it now instead of when she has a bigger problem. I've read thru the posts and everyone seems to be doing a great job, lets let 2006 be the best year yet. Judy

ilovemike4alwayz
04-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Well I am getting ready for tomorrow, begining strict induction. I am also going to start going to the gym in the mornings. You guys really inspire me and I wanted you to know that. Thank you for whoever posted about my body holding on to water, but honestly I think it was cause I am eating too much salt and not really counting my extra carbs. So that is what I am going to start doing. I will take my 6lb loss and run with it. I am meeting with a trainer at the gym tomorrow and she is going to do my measurements, but it is at 8pm, so I know that they will be off, but we are going to discuss weightloss and the gym and what I am doing about losing weight and what not, so maybe she will be able to help. Ok well I so need a shower. Talk to you ladies later.

-Sandra

nasus40
04-10-2006, 05:46 AM
Hi all I have been here just bearly diet wise doing well and exercise too but not much on the board, or scale as work is trying really hard to derail me so just save my seat on the wagon and hang on to me tight. This is going to be a whirl wind of a fight to keep on tract. I normally put in about 50 to 60 hours a week now I am having to do time on the floor as well so far this last week I have had 20 hour in OT. (above and beyond the 50 + )

Have a good week all. My heart and thought are with all of you!! Keep up the great work.

ilovemike4alwayz
04-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Ok let the carb counting begin. I have decided to cut out the bacon and breakfast sausage so much. I read how much sodium was in there and almost had heart failure. I have high blood pressure so I have to watch that anyways. I instead went with using picante sauce to flavor my eggs and it worked just fine. I got myself a little book to write all my stuff down and then when I am done eating for the day, I will record it all on my fitday journal. Well I have to get ready for work. Have a great day ladies.

-Sandra

Falon
04-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Morning Girls:

Sandra - you're doing awesome! Your enthusiasm, and beginning work with a trainer, is great. Keep it up. I hope the trainer isn't an Atkin's **** though. Some of them can be. I have heard that second hand.. Stick to your gun.

Sue - I wondered where you have been. Shesh. That's some hours! Will the hours go back down? That will probably make the difference in how 'on board' you are. Stick with it. Don't wander to far off... :hug:

Well yesterday was one of the most painful days of my dieting carreer.. To say we bumped it up a notch is an understatement in my book. LOL So we rode our bikes the 3 miles to the rec center.. It would have been fabulous if it wasn't for the few sections that were at an incline! When we got the to gym, however, I found it interesting that I walked the 2 miles on the track like butter, and could have even gone for a 3rd . It was nothing compared to the bike ride! LOL :tired:

Then we headed home, and it was much easier except for the dirt road we took, and that wasn't to fun. But at the end of the road, we got to witness something amazing. A bald eagle swooped down out of her nest, caught a prairie dog and flew back up to her nest. It was awesome. We were tired, but reminded ourselves that we would have never seen that if we were in the car. It would be great to see again. I can't promise I can do the bike ride again any time soon. I do think I need to get some more of the bulk off first. Pumping my legs to carry 180 pounds up inclines was to much of a cardio right now. I have minor heart troubles (serious palpitations in which a pacemaker has been discussed, and I was born with a murmur) so it was a little easier for Andy, even at 320 to do the trek than myself. Anyhow, long story short, I was proud of myself for making it, but not sure of the repeat. LOL Will keep you informed. :) Oh and the scale was up 1.5 pounds, so I think it was due to the mucsle work I did yesterday. My pubic bone is killing me this morning. I always hate that feeling!

Have a great day, and i'll check in later. :sunny: