Old 04-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default Weekly Chat **April 3 - April 9**

Morning ladies

i hope everyone had a good weekend and a good start to april. some of you are probably still enjoying the weekend, wherever you are in the world.

i got in some exercise yesterday. just a 30 min walk with the dogs, but uphill and certainly not strolling. should have seen the poor doggies sprawled on the floor panting afterwards

OH bought his daughter a racing bike on the weekend (she is 11) and we hooked it up to his trainer last night so i can jump on it and do some cardio. OH has a racing bike too, as does his son (8 years old). i am the odd one out, but not really phased - not much of a cyclist. but at least it will give a bit of a change to doing the same cardio day in, day out.

i have cardio and weights to do tonight - i am actually looking forward to it

and finally - today i quit smoking. i got in to work and saw the posts to my question about smokers and decided enough is enough. it has been such a big part of my life and has been for over 10 years and it will be difficult to quit, but i have to do it now. i keep thinking of that quote someone has in their signature "a year from now, you'll wish you started today". for me it relates to many things, including quitting and weight loss.

i feel good today
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:28 PM   #2  
here I go again...

Best of luck with quitting Daisy! I wish I could quit being sick! The medicine is making me dehydrated and I just feel like poo... gotta shake this cold, I haven't worked out yet this month , and its making me a little nervous.

Ugh. Anyway, here's hoping to a great week for us all!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Bakerchick- I hate hate hate that feeling when you've been out for a bit. Hope you feel better!

Daisyboo- good luck with quitting smoking! I was a pack a day smoker when I started college. Now I will have one if I'm drunk enough, but that isn't often. I wish I could just kiss it goodbye and never think of it again. I'll be sending strong vibes your way!

Just trying to get caught up on homework before the Boston trip. I SHOULD be doing laundry, but that's going to be a last minute thing. Until then, I'm in bikini bottoms! This will be much easier when we are in the new place and have our own washer/dryer and won't be hiking loads up and down 3 flights of stairs.

Happy April, folks!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:49 AM   #4  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Daisy Boo - Good luck with not smoking. Keep up the good work, your body will appreciate it.

ABakerchick17 - I hope you feel better soon. Just rest up.

junebug41 - Hey at least you get some exercise AND strength training in just doing laundry.

Ok guys, I have an interview tomorrow.
That is all I'm going to say for now, don't want to jinx it.
Wish me luck!

I'm so nervous.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Good luck Trns & Daisy!

I had a pretty good weekend. We did a ton of cardio which is good. 1 hour at the zoo and an hour on the elliptical on Saturday. Then today we walked for 3HOURS on the beach. We walked the whole way to the pier in the next city, had dinner, then walked home.

This is going to be a busy week. This coming weekend we'll be gone for jetski races then on Monday I leave for almost two weeks. I have to get all my husband's gear ready, do grocery shopping, packing, change the piggy cages, Easter planning, laundry, etc etc.

I'm pretty excited about going to see my family! My sister had a baby on December 1st and this is only the second time I'll be seeing him. I can't wait to see how much he's changed since Christmas. And my mom doesn't know I'm coming out so it's going to be a big surprise for her. My sister is organizing a get-together for the whole family for Easter. And I'll be cooking!

Have a good week everyone!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:53 AM   #6  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

good luck trns!

will be thinking of you
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:13 AM   #7  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies,

This weekend was awful. Why oh why can I STILL not control myself at parties??? It is something I have never been able to conquer. Friday was a bust, Saturday was a party bust, and by Sunday I had all of these leftovers in my house (I didn't bring them from the parties, my 2 roommates + their 2 significant others + 2 houseguests did) and at that point I'd just lost all control. My stomach still hurts. I'm very dissapointed in myself. I think I just undid all the hard work of the last month - and the 3500 cal=1 lb. rule doesn't work on my body, so yes, I easily could have gained 1 1/2 lbs this weekend.

At least it was (mostly) a fun weekend? It seems everyone else had a better weekend than me or I assume you'd be groaning about it, so great job ladies!

trnsfrmnreplace, gl!

Daisy, gl quitting!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:33 AM   #8  

..... I .... need ..... more .... sleep.

I woke up every 30 minutes last night AND i kept dreaming about waking up. I feel like i had no sleep. Now its 7:30 [which SHOULD be 6:30!] and i need to leave at 9 am to get on time to Beverly Hills.

The bed looks mighty fine right now. Nice and warm and fluffy...
Old 04-03-2006, 10:34 AM   #9  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

MOrning Ladies!

DaisyBoo: You can do it! Quitting smoking is the best invsestment you can make into your health! There are many many reasons to quit...if you need a little encouragment, just pm me! I quit a year ago this month! I smoked for ten years, but finally realized, what's the point in working out and losing weight, if I still am going to smoke myself slowly to death??? I used nicorette gum! It helped me a lot during work, when I am most likely to cave in!

Have a great week everyone!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #10  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Daisy - That's so great!!!! Gosh, you're going to feel a lot better soon (after that crappy part passes). Just stay strong. I love that quote you mentioned too!

ABakerchick - I hope you feel better soon. You're taking in a ton of water right?

Junebug - Ahhhh homework!?!?! Thanks for reminding me

Trns - Good luck and good vibes your way!

Stacy - Fun to surprise your mom, that's so cool! Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to coming up!

Megan - Parties are so hard! I went out last weekend and gained 7 pounds over the course of one day, so don't let 1 and a half phase you! My body doesn't believe in the 3500 cals = 1 pound either, it makes me so mad sometimes!

I am already planning what classes I am going to skip this week, mainly today. The ONLY good thing is that I am also excited to workout when I get home from class! I have spring fever or summer fever or whatever makes you just want to do nothing at all (oh wait, maybe that's just lazy). I know it's no big deal, but I was really excited last night because I weighed 149.5 and usually I am about 1.5-3 pounds more at night than in the morning so I thought this morning I would be even lower in the 140's (which I am still so stoaked about by the way), but NO, I was 149 still, oh well, I am still excited as ****!

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP, fullfilling (non-smoking) kind of day!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:52 AM   #11  

=closes eyes= HELP!
Old 04-03-2006, 11:57 AM   #12  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well girls this weekend was a bust but was somewhat salvaged by getting a strength workout in and all my water on Sunday. The paper bought 14 photos from me which basically means I shot over 350 frames this weekend and attended 6 different events all laden with food that I shouldn't have. Will power was not my friend. The scale has rewarded me with some gain Oh well will have to be a good girl this week to get back on track.

daisy - I love dog pics...the are always excellent subjects and the flora pics were really crisp. Good luck with quitting smoking girl, I know you can do it. Oh and about the camera question I use a Nikon d70s. I spend way to much money on my photography. I just bought a 80-300mm Nikkor f4-5.6 lens that I am in love with now that the weather is turning so nice.

abakerchick - Hun it is understandable if you are not working out because your feeling so sick. Give your body some time to rest up and then do a few extra sessions.

june - I hear you about the laundry but hey its cardio right? I just got a washer and dryer so I can stop spending a fortune at the mat. The other day was my breaking point. I actually found a half eaten hotdog in my wash when I took it out of the machine. From that point on I spend all my time looking for my own machine lol...now I am hotdog free!

stacy - now that is the kind of cardio I can get on board with...walking along the beach, haven't done that since my honeymoon.

megan - I wish I could give you some advice on being able to control yourself but I am also not there yet. had to a cover a gourmet sampler this weekend...basically 18 different restaurants giving away free entrees and desserts...how could I not participate in that. My weekend was a bust as well...we just have to pick up and move forward.

trns - Good luck on your interview hun, it is a graphics position you are up for? From what I can tell you are very talented.

stephanie - Hey 149 is still quite an accomplishment...below 150 yay!!! I am so proud of you chick!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:08 PM   #13  

Ladies, i hope you don't mind me jumping in. i posted my goals a couple of days ago for april. i was MIA after moving, but i'm back and ready to go! it's great to see everyone's progress. for me, i'm not having a ton of progress on the scale, but my fitness has progressed, in fact, i don't know of any better time to really get things into gear than after just completing my first race.....an 8K this weekend! i'm so proud of myself and it's really helped me re-commit to everything (along with seeing everyone's progress). today i'm super sore, but i'm looking forward to getting back in gear tomorrow after i go shopping for new running shoes (i realized mine aren't the best, especially if i plan on running more races). so, it's great to catch up and be back because i definitely notice a strong correlation between posting on this website and my progress.

Daisy -i know you can do it! plus, you'll have a lot more $ to spend on all the new clothes you'll need to buy for a smaller new you!

ABakerchick - I hope you feel better soon. Just stay hydrated and get sleep (I find that the night time alka seltzer tabs in about 4 oz. of water work eventhough that "shot" tastes nasty).

Junebug - have a great time in boston!

Trns - Good luck!

Stacy - good job on all that cardio! beach walking is a lot harder than flat ground.

Megan - It's so hard to avoid all the food/drinks (that's my problem) at parties. try to focus on how much fun you had!

LockItUp-it looks like you're on the right path. it seems like you've progressed a lot in the last two months since i've been gone right?
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #14  

Thanks everyone. I just got back a few minutes ago.
=sighs= I feel like a load has been taken off.

The interview part went great but the "test" was alright. I had to make an ugly older model look like a porcelain 18 year old girl. I struggled a bit but her face came out fine. There is still a lot i need to learn, I'm going to go to borders later to get a book to learn some more techniques and tricks.

Now after going into the studio, I'm not sure if i would want to work there to tell you the truth, it wasn't all what i thought it would be. He is suppose to call back later this week. Even if i do get the job, I'm not sure i want it anymore.

What a crazy day so far!

Oh, and did i mention on my way back home i got to stop by and see my lover at work? It was so nice to see him.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Good job ladies! Why can't I get started? I've had the most wasted past 3 days ever! Hopefully I can get out of my slump because I definitely don't have the time to be slacking off in school, work, or my weight loss! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! I definitely need it to be!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote