Old 04-02-2006, 07:51 AM   #1  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink MAJESTIES NOT CHOMPING THEIR WAY TO CHOCOLATE CHIP DAY..MAY 15th.

With Anagram's vote, here we go...new challenge! Now the challenge is to NOT eat your way to Chocolate Chip Day...and I assume we all know that doesn't just MEAN chocolate chips! Hope y'all followed the trail May 15th is about halfway to the solstice and gives us all 6 weeks to do whatever.
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:04 AM   #2  
the sword bearer

Off shortly for a walk....that darn springing ahead makes me tired! However, will finish the coffee, eat an orange and hit the road. Hope to see y'all here!
Old 04-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #3  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Reporting in

Good morning, Queenlies!

Ok -- I'm down with the chocolate-chip free stroll. Six weeks is a nice stretch. Will amend ticker with new goal tomorrow (WI day) but am thinking 12 pounds is doable.

Cool, damp and windy here today -- although the rain held off long enough for us to get round the harbour. Somehow this always seems like seaside weather to me so it's still enjoyable. It really poured here last night. Sometimes we talk about adding a sunporch onto our house to extend the seasons -- t'would be lovely to go out there and enjoy the rain on the roof...

No big plans for today. There's a literary contest deadline coming up in a couple of weeks, though, so I may try to get started on a piece or two.

Ceara, I must say -- I DEEPLY resent losing an hour. I got my sleep, but the thought of having an hour less ON THE WEEKEND makes me quite irate! Why don't they nip it out of the workday instead?

Must go read old thread now... Happy Sunday, all!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Oh no, is there really a Chocolate Chip Day? Scary! I will definitely NOT chocolate chip my way to that day! Hooray!

This is my Sanctuary Sunday and I am doing no work work (e.g., work that they pay me to do that is makin' me nuts and I don't mean almonds). I am rehabing my stupid leg but discovered a novel way to exercise ... posted this on my journal in the land far far, but somehow I noticed the poor forgotten 10-year-old cardio glider in my exercise room ... now these are NOT very challenging machines, but they do provide light resistance, a bit o' cardio and stretching ... I got on it and did five minutes ... body felt better, leg felt better, so I am challenging myself to do 30-60 minutes today, broken down into segments ... did a few weights as well. Feel I may be able to run/walk again by next week and hopefully can continue on with my half marathon training, as well as the one-mile race I'm registered for this month ... if not, c'est la vie ... I'll become a walker again!

Lost 1.2 pound and am happily back in the 130s again. I believe I will re-institute my 3FC ticker, since I'm postin' more here these days.

Thanks for the fresh thread, Ceara!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:59 PM   #5  

Hello all!

Yes, this royal is not pleased w/ losing an hour.....especially this year, dh and I went to bed early and were caught off guard this am.... yes, we somehow heard all the reminders and then forgot last night...
I woke up about 30 minutes b/4 the alarm went off.... to find out later I was 30 minutes late.... ah well...

tomorrow will be interesting...

SO... here we go May 15th, Here we go....
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

[color=blue][b]We never lose an hour here as there's no dst, but I wish there were as I'd rather have an extra hour of daylight!

I didn't get in my hour on the cardio glider as leg started to hurt again ... it's better and I think I will not need an x-ray but it's put a crimp in my runnin' dreams ... oh well ... I've set a goal of 1.8 pounds down in two weeks time, which is the week before my mile race ... I will likely not do the race now ... probably won't even go unless I can train, 'cause that was the point ... anyhow, I digress. I can't even think ahead as far as May 15 but again will definitely not eat chocolate chips ... I did have three Cerritos chocolates (dark, buttercream) today ... am experimenting with eating small amounts of refined sugar treats now and then so I don't freak out and go crazy when I do, but am still dedicated to the sugar free, low glycemic lifestyle.

In honor of NO CHOCOLATE CHIPS, I made some quite good sugar free oatmeal cookies ... my recipe needs work ... involves a cup of oatmeal, another cup processed in blender to make oat flour, baking soda, unsweetened applesauce, an egg, liquid Sweet 'n Low, canola oil, water ... first baked and then dried in oven. Quite good, actually, but still could be improved ... I just needed something sweet. Old Dog had one and is lobbying for another.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:05 AM   #7  
the sword bearer

Glad you guys followed the crumbs! Yup, there does appear to be such a day Empress A! And we will NOT chomp our way to it!

Have to go into work today for 10:30, so I'm not too animated yet...I'll likely walk tonight after work...will see. It rained a lot last night...glad I tossed a dirt/peat moss mixture around a few things in the afternoon. It will have soaked through and settled it!

Yes that hour loss is quite the thing. We had a couple walk into church early for the old 10:30, but late for the new! I changed my clock Saturday night at 8 when I went upstairs just so I wouldn't get caught...I do have menomind you know.

So need to get prepped for this am and mayhaps put in some laundry. Am rather sluggish....so off like a herd of turtles!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:05 AM   #8  

Smile And we're into April!

Good morning, lies! 'Tis Monday and April. Cold, dreary, windy -- Novemberish, really, out there. But flowers are coming up and this is good "working" weather. On the bright side, also, I'm 2 pounds down from last Monday by my scale -- changing ticker accordingly

I'm getting more of a handle on this thing as we go on: finding it easier to eat smaller portions, to refuse those things that potentially push me off the wagon. Even if it takes a year I'm doing it this time, absolutely. I can feel a real difference in my attitude between this time and last and am carefully keeping a finger on the attitude pulse to make sure it stays that way.

Kaylets, we also forgot to change the clocks Saturday night but don't have anything pressing early on Sundays. It's always a bit of a thrill to me to turn off the alarm on Friday after it goes off. Didn't sleep well last night, but feel pretty much normal today. Don't know why that happens to me but it does sometimes.

Amarantha, your cookies sound very good. I'm definitely going to try them. I sometimes add a smidgen of xanthan gum (you can get it from health food stores) to non-wheat baked goods to make them hold together better. I mostly just don't bake, though. Before I started back to WW, I'd occasionally have some sugar-free chocolate. I don't know where you stand on the sweeteners they use, but some of them are awfully good and they don't (for me, at least) trigger the urge to eat more sugar. I might use some points on one some day...

Re: running -- it's still speculative for me. My feet have been hurting me. I think I need to wear more supportive shoes than I have been. Kind of bummed to have to wear my sneakers but I feel like I need it. Then, once my feet feel okay again I'll start my gentle runs through the woods again. I haven't timed mileage -- just go by time. But there's a 5k race in June that I'm aiming to do again. I came in last when I did it 2 years ago, at 41 minutes. But I did it

All

xo
Arabella, WN

Old 04-03-2006, 08:13 AM   #9  
the sword bearer

Y-A-A-H-H-H-O-O-O-O-O FOR ARABELLA!!!!!
WOO-HOO!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #10  

Thank ye, thank ye! I'm down a total of four pounds in the two weeks according to my (now) good friends at Weight Watchers.

And look at your ticker, Woman! You're an inspiration, is what!
Old 04-04-2006, 06:57 AM   #11  

Smile Another day dawns in the palace

Good morning, lies all!
The long-anticipated event actually occurred yesterday. My new assistant editor started yesterday. I'll be training him for a few applications today but I think he'll catch on quickly and life will just get better and better. Huzzah!

Sunny here now but we're supposed to get a rainstorm tonight. Hope it's early enough for me to enjoy it before bed! I'm going to try to sneak out to buy myself some tulips -- I used to buy myself some small treat like that every week that I managed a loss at WI and I do think that beith an worthy habit to maintain.

Amarantha, I hope your bod recovers soonest! If you're not ready for this race, though, there's always another one coming up. My tummy is still calling out to me for your oatmeal cookies. Must buy some applesauce and try it.

How goeth it, Other Queens?

K, I'm away -- have a great day!

xo
Arabella

Last edited by Arabella; 04-04-2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:27 AM   #12  
the sword bearer

Thanks Arabella! You are doing great!

Class visit went well yesterday...Grade Ones are so cute....and wiggly. We had fun though...next Monday is Grade Two's I think.

Am talking myself into a walk today as I didn't yesterday...first time for a while that I've missed. Today's goal will just be to walk...no racing with myself because I'm tired. And, just walking is going to be monumental for me. It is quite blustery out there again. At least the sun is half shining and it isn't raining.

So off to the salt mines I go...it was quite busy at work yesterday...prolly 'cause it was raining....and I have reports to do at some time today! Usual stuff on the menu for the am...groom a girl, walk the road, laundry and vacuum....maybe I'll start putting away some of the heavier clothes from winter...that sounds like a plan!

Avanti!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #13  

Thankee, Fair Ceara, for our new thread. I must repeat "NO CHOMPING"......

Congratulations, Arabella, on both the downage in poundage and the presence of the new assistant. Life's looking good!
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #14  
the sword bearer

HUH, trying a new colour...we'll see. (Oh Arabella...THAT is the colour you used...very cool)

Had some snow last night...just enough to dust the grass white and make the deck slippery It won't last long I'm sure.

Had a non-scale victory of sorts last night...battle with DD at supper. She left, and I left to grocery shop. Did not go to Timmie's for boston cremes, came home and then left for class...which was good. Got home from that still bothered, and hungry, had a piece of left-over meat loaf and a baked potato from supper. Still wanted cookies and ice cream and crackers and, and, and,....so I went to bed. Scale is good this am. I guess I am a stress eater, EH?

So off again...want to walk, wash the dog that I didn't yesterday...we groomed instead, and rip apart a skirt that is too long. I need to shorten it, but is has a kick pleat in the back...if I shorten from the bottom I lose the kick pleat, and I'll fall over when I run So off comes the waist band and I'll move everything up. Been ruminating on how to do this whilst walking this week past.

You are all doing great! Where is Frogger et al these days? Palace seems a little, well, empty . Come back, come back.....

Old 04-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #15  
Momma Frog

Thanks for the crumbs...too bad I'm low carbing!!!!

I've lost 4 lbs!

Onto sadder news...My mother has a lump. They found it on her mamogram. So she's going in today for further testing. She's so afraid she has cancer. I'm being more optimistic. I'm scared, but I'm trying to be positive for her.

Job scene: It's been expressed to me by the admin for our group that it seems that people I'm employed with have it out for me. She's overheard several negative comments about me in the recent weeks. There is hope though..There are other openings with another company here at the same building. (WHY CAN'T I GET AWAY!!!!!) So we'll see how that goes.
frogger is offline   Reply With Quote