Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Red face Re-Commited Today

I started my weight loss journey (calorie counting only) on February 21st and on March 21st I found that I had only lost 3 lbs . I was very discouraged and for the last 10 days I have been eating pretty much everything I shouldn't be eating . Well I gained the 3 lbs. back.

While I was having my eating frenzy , I did think about what went wrong on my journey. Well just as I suspected, I NEED TO EXCERSISE! I recently turned the big 50 and know that your metabalism slows down as you get older. I think my metabalism has actually come to a hault . And while I hate to excersise, I know that is what it's going to take to get this weight loss started.

So I am re-commiting myself to the weight loss journey. I ate healthy today, counted my calores and yes! I walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes . Not a lot compared to what I read that you all do but it's a start. I plan to do some form of excersise at least 3-4 times a week to start and see where it goes.

I hope you all will still support me. I'm trying!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:42 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

3lbs in 4 weeks is a reasonable loss, lose slowly and you won't be losing as much muscle as if you lost 10lbs in that time. Exercising is a great idea, it motivates you to eat healthily, and eating healthily encourages you to exercise more - it's a virtuous circle!

Keep up the good work! Keep plodding along, you will get there!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:39 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy can I join you???

I feel off the wagon yesterday and am feeling it today. I ate a bag of baked chips, 2 ice cream cones, and 3 slices of pizza from chuckie cheese. Last night I started feeling bad and today I feel horrible. I guess junk food is just not for my body.
I agree with you it is harder to lose weight as you get older. I have been exercising like crazy( 6 times a week , 35-45 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight lifting) and only have a 9 lb weight loss in 6 wks. It feels really depressing, but I guess you have to say it is better to go down then up. Today will be a better and new day. I will eat less and get to the gym to do some exercise. We can do this!!!!!!
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:43 AM   #4  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

you can do it! we're all here for you. don't worry about the scale.. it's a liar! what really matters is developing healthy habits that you can -- and want -- to stick with forever. i didn't like exercise at first either, but after you make it a routine, you will like it. it becomes relaxing "you time," and you will feel great after. after a few months, fatty and sweet foods you used to love to chow down on will look disgusting, and you will crave healthy grub. i know it sounds insane, but it's true.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:30 AM   #5  
Meg

I'm 51 and have to agree that exercise is the KEY to weight loss at our age! I do an hour of cardio (half bike, half elliptical) every day and lift weights five days/week. Without all the exercise, I'm certain that I'd put the weight back on in ... oh, five minutes!

Start small, but in the back of your mind, keep the goal of making some kind of exercise a part of every day. Build it into your routine - make it a normal part of what you do every day. I'm a morning exerciser and would feel totally lost if I wasn't at the gym first thing every morning. Other people do well with afternoon or evening - whatever works for you.

The benefits of exercise at our age go far beyond weight loss - there's cardiorespiratory health, prevention of osteoporosis, preservation of muscle mass, and generally keeping our bodies functional. There's nothing sadder than seeing someone our age who can barely walk or go up stairs. And if we want to stay independent and active as we get older, we've got to take care of our bodies!

Abbyin, when you add exercise to your healthy eating, you're going to see great results, both in the scale and how you look and feel!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for all your support! I'm going to try to stick to this exercise thing. In fact I did 30 minuties on my exercise bike today! Didn't want to but I felt so proud of mysellf afterwards.

Thanks again. I'll keep on movin!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:38 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Abbyin and good for you for getting back in there and trying again! I agree... eating right is important but reality is we also have to move our butts! We are all here to support you!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #8  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
Exercising is a great idea, it motivates you to eat healthily, and eating healthily encourages you to exercise more - it's a virtuous circle!
Well put!
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote