Alternachicks - April/May alternachick chat

View Full Version : April/May alternachick chat

mauvaisroux
04-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Good morning everyone! :coffee:

Overcast here today but still warm :)

I had a great night out last night with my friends but someone bought me a shot of Jack Daniel's - blech! :p I drank it to be polite but it tasted awful!

Off out shopping and lunching with my mum today. I'm hoping to find a new bag for work and a couple of tops for spring.

Hope everyone has a good day!

mauvaisroux
04-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Lovely day here, a bit crisp but sunny :)

I'm debating on whether or not to sign up for a wine appreciation class or a cooking class at the local community centre. DH and I took a one night Indian cooking class last month and it was great fun. I'm thinking Thai or Vietnamese this time round.

What is everyone else up to these days?

Tani
04-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Good morning all :) A wine class sounds fun Mauv, Yum!

I had a great PT appointment yesterday. The therapist was so pleased with my progress that I've been released on my own recognizance. :D He added a couple new exercises to my routine and I'm to keep doing them daily on my own. Oh! and he made my day when he told his assistant that I was "very strong!" (I'd broken the resistance band he'd given me to do clam shells with so he had him make me a new one out of their strongest material) :carrot:

It actually made me a little misty. Guess I'm a far cry from the girl that hated PE and was always last in everything.

in_the_end
04-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Happy April ladies!

So I'm new to this thread, but I thought it would be fun to hop in.

Mauv- Thai sounds delicious! I love Vietnamese food, but in general, anything that is really spicy wins me over ;)

Tani - That's funny you mentioned PE. I remember when I was in high school, I got a D in PE cause I refused to do anything. That didn't go too well with the parents!

I have two puppies and one of them is having some neck problems. My girlfriend and I were told she might need invasive surgery so that's not something to look forward to. Other than that, the fitness front is going horribly! I've hit a plataeu so I'm trying to shake things up.

Hope everyones day is going well.

mauvaisroux
04-07-2006, 12:36 PM
welcome in_the_ end! :wave:

Sorry to hear about your dog :( hope everything goes well.

Tani- I used to love team sports when doing PE - basketball, soccer, broomball and hockey! I really sucked at gymnastics and was so-so at track & field. I was actually a goalie/defense on my high school soccer team - ha! I was the only punk/freak on the team wit a spiky short canary yellow haircut! :lol:

in_the_end
04-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Mauv - That's awesome! When I was in high school, I was in the marching band. I was the only person playing the flute with pink and blue hair.
I miss my hair colors, but it's okay, cause I compensated with 8 facial piercings instead =P

Tani
04-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Woohoo another band geek! I didn't have weird hair until after college though :P

squeaker
04-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Welcome in_the_end! I hope your puppy is ok!

And I wasn't a band geek, I just knew most of them. :lol: I did dye my hair purple for a few weeks once. I work at a bank, so I have to be careful with things like that. :p

squeaker
04-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi all! :wave:

This weekend was fun. I had my nephew for a while. He invited himself to sleep over. Now I asked him if he wanted to spend the night last weekend, and he said "no thank you". Apparently he decided this weekend was OK with him. :lol: Not that I mind. We had fun. We colored Easter eggs, or "Easter beagles" (from the Snoopy Easter special), as he kept calling them. I can't believe he is going to be 4 this summer.

mauvaisroux
04-13-2006, 10:03 AM
He sounds like a real cutie Squeaker! :)

What is everyone up to this weekend?

I have the next four days off :cb: I think I will spend 2 days working around the house (spring cleaning and doing a closet purge) and then 2 days of total R n' R' me time. DH and I are having dinner with my parents on Sunday.

Moo :)
04-14-2006, 06:06 AM
I wandered into the hairdressers on Tuesday and had my nearly waist length hair cut to my shoulders eeekkkkkk I came out feeling like a damn show poodle :( what is it with hairdressers, "Product" and excessive blow drying? all I wanted was a messy cut that was rough dried and I ended up looking like an extra from a Troma film. Got home, washed and dyed it Violet Black (too old for bright colours now *sobs*).

Odd thing about it is I'm toying with the idea of going to another hairdresser today and having more cut off, well more layers to make it even more messy but if they come near me with the dreaded "Product" or a hairdryer .......:devil:

I also took out 8 rings out of my ears last night, couldn't believe how messy the holes were, think I'll put them back in a minute tehehehe

dalai_lala
04-14-2006, 09:11 AM
I've never gotten my hair done in an unusual color, I really like my chestnutty color anyway, but I've thought it would be interesting. Now I'm a bit long in the tooth for that, I guess. But I am thinking of getting some highlights for my 25 pound reward. I don't care about covering the grays, I earned every frackin' one of them, but a change would be nice.

Happy Friday!

-Lala

mauvaisroux
04-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Moo - it's hard to find a good hairdresser that understands your needs and doesn't pile on the products. :rolleyes: I've run home to wash and dry my hair "my way" too! :lol:

lizziness
04-15-2006, 09:29 PM
glad i'm not the only one to have this problem. i tell them, my hair does not part anywhere other than in the middle, no amount of effort will change it. it also will not curl. period. so what do they always want to do? curl my hair and part it on the side. i warn them and they so - oh, it'll work. it rarely even makes it out the door.

my hair has been every colour but blonde in my lifetime. blue, purple, yellow, black, blue-black, red, etc. it's fun. my thought on hair is- it'll grow back. it's been super short, it's been super long. i love that when you are feeling a need for a change you can just cut or dye your hair. of course now that i'm older i've opted for a more natural look, but it was fun when i was a teenager.

mauvaisroux
04-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Most hairdressers want to cut my hair really short but I like to keep it shoulder lenght. In the past I have had short and spiky, rockabilly, shaved at the back, a cleopatra bob etc. I would like to have long hair for a while :)

It is now long enough to put up which I like being able to do in the summer - I get lazy and don't want to blow dry my hair everyday.

Tani
04-19-2006, 10:40 AM
I love my new hairdresser to death. After a long stint of letting mine grow out for long periods between random cuts, I finally found someone I clicked with again. She puts lots of gunk in my hair, but only because I ask her to. It's pretty short and spikey these days (at least in the back) so gunk is appropriate ;)

She also taught me to store spray wax upside down to keep it from clogging all the time, greatly increasing my morning sanity. ;)

in_the_end
04-19-2006, 12:38 PM
I've been with my hairdresser for about 8 years- he has NEVER failed me or my crazy colors! Currently, my hair is half black and half blonde (blonde is on the bottom). The cut is never the same. Sometimes I grow it out, sometimes it's short. I love short hair, it's so much easier to maintain. I have a really choppy haircut at the moment and looks great when it's flat ironed. I'm right there with you Tani- if it wasn't for gunk, I would have messy hair.

So how are you all doing this fine day? Hopefully everyone's eating and exercising is going swell. My lady bought me a brand new mountain bike, so we're getting ready to hit the trails this weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

mauvaisroux
04-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Having a great day today! Went out with my boss on office business with the bank and then he took me out for lunch. We sat on a in the sun on a patio at the restaurant - gorgeous day! :sunny:

I was very good too - had a grilled chicken salad and a club soda with lime so I ate on plan! :D

Hope everyone is having a good day!

mauvaisroux
04-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Gorgeous day out today! :sunny:

big plans for the weekend include taking some toxic chemicals and paint cans to the special disposal site as they are doing a blitz this weekend, grocery shopping and visiting with my god daughter.

Hope you all have a good weekend! :)

squeaker
04-23-2006, 07:14 PM
How was everyone's weekend?

I am doing ok. Busy last week with being in training 3 days last week, and still with enough work to do for a full week. :p

Easter was ok. I did find out a family member is going to Iraq. So it wasn't to happy. Otherwise, it was a nice family gathering. Lots of people, lots of food.

This weekend my sister(#2) and I took our nephew to the Science Museum. It was a lot of fun. I hadn't been in years.

Now, I am just trying to get some cleaning done, and work on a number of half done projects. I am determined to get myself organized one of these days. :lol:

ajandpj99
04-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Had a great weekend myself - weather was awesome!

This Thursday I am driving to Portland - ick :p - to take some belongings to my aunt and to visit mom and dad. Looks like nice weather in the forecast so I wont have to drive in the rain - yah. :carrot: :cool:

My friend is going with me so I dont have to drive alone - DH would go - but he drives all the time and has as many projects as me. So I let him off this time - even though it was his big mouth that got it in my aunts head that we would bring her some of her stuff - of course he was thinking end of may - and she was thinking right away. I put it off till now so I wouldnt have to go alone.

What sucks is my baby horse is due anyday and will likely be born while I am in Portland so I wont be able to imprint on the baby until I get back - thats ok though as long as it is sooner than later and I am leaving the camcorder for DH just in case.

My friend in Albany is also due any day - so I may be making a pit stop if she has her baby this weekend.

That is all that is new - Hi to everyone!! :hug:

Trish

ajandpj99
04-26-2006, 01:52 PM
My baby horse was born yesterday :carrot: - too cute - no name yet -has heart on his face and a pedigree longer than my legs.

You can see a short 4 sec vid of him on MySpace.com/plj33 - you have to be a member to see the pics - but the video is on the main page and very clear.
:hug:

mauvaisroux
04-26-2006, 02:58 PM
That's great Trish! :cb: Glad he was born healthy with no complications.

It's overcast, rainy and chilly here again- for the 5th day in a row :p
But I did force myself to go for a walk at lunch time :)

Looking forward to this evening as some friends are coming over for supper - should be fun!

mauvaisroux
04-28-2006, 09:31 AM
I was feeling a bit low yesterday - crummy weather, work, etc. But I was in Chapters at lunch time looking at craft books when I heard a male voice behind me say - "That girl has beautiful hair"- I looked up and realized he had beentalking about me :)

That made me feel good on two counts 1) the nice comment on my hair and 2) the fact that he referred to a 38 yr old as "girl" - tee hee!

It certainly boosted my morale! :D

I feel better today just because the sun is finally shining after 5 days of rain/overcast skies :)

Going to have a busy day tommorow - filing taxes, getting groceries and running errands. We're also hoping to see a movie tomorrow night.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :D

Goddess Jessica
04-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Hello girls,

I haven't had much time to catch up with y'all. I'm sorry. I do lurk and read a lot.

I loved the chatting about hair (especially your comment in the bookstore, Mauv, nice!). I've always wanted short, pixie hair, but it doesn't look right on me. Oh well! :)

Everything in my neck of the woods is going well. The Cute Boyfriend and I are planning my 30th birthday in Hawaii. I'm so excited. I've never been. We bought snorkel masks last week and I'm already starting on my list of stuff to pack - and the trip isn't until the end of May.

Work is amazingly busy. I now have THREE women working for me. Remember, this is the job where the girlfriend of the boss was my boss until they promoted me to her position. Yay!

It does mean that my school work has been suffering. I may get my first B ever (gasp!). Oh well, I tell myself it shows future universities that I have character. :)

I'm thinking about growing my own tomatoes this year. Yum!

mauvaisroux
05-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Hawaii! How exciting - lucky you! :D Sounds like you are great at your job! :cp:

I'm in the planning stages of my vacation in August. We are going to Indianapolis again for a gaming convention :cb: I'm really looking forward to it!

I watched Oprah yesterday - she did a show with Dr. Oz on heart disease and bad eating habits. I was also reading a book on organic living which talked about how factory animals are raised and treated, all the pestisides used in regular farming methords and Genetically Modified foods -so between the two I feel like I never want to eat again! :lol:

Tani
05-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Mauv, whenever I hear a stray hair compliment I assume they're talking about my husband (& usually they are) since his is down to his waist. ;)

mmmmmm I want to plan a vacation :)

05-02-2006, 01:05 PM
I went to another hairdressers on Saturday, came out with no product, no blow dry (rough dried) shorter more layered hair and what did I do when I got home ... washed it!!! hahaha

Still I found a better Violet colour hair dye and I'm happy now :D

mauvaisroux
05-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Moo - glad the new doo and dye are working out! :D

Tani - That used to happen when my Dh had his long, black, naturally wavy hair - I hate it when your guy has better hair than you do! We went to Cuba and the women in the town would come up to him and touch his hair as there weren't many men there with long hair and exclaime "Italiano! (he's part Italian. All I kept thinking was "Grr! Stop touching my husband!" :lol:

Woohoo! We are making wine this weekend! :dancer: We are starting with an apple wine and a rasperry merlot - good summery wines!

05-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Thank you Mauv :D

You just reminded me of a really funny thing that happened about 10 years ago. Other half and I were was huddled over the ATM one evening (little worse for wear!). Now other half had bum length hair and beared more than a passing resemblance to Eddie Vedder *swoons*, anyway whilst we were trying to work out what to do with the buttons on said ATM, a bloke said "ello Darlin", other half turned round as strange beared blokie was grabbing his butt!!! seems blokie had mistaken him for a girl!! hahahahahaha. In the "confusion" I some how managed to take out 200 instead of 20 and had to spend the rest of the evening going round with a wad of cash stuff in my knickers as I was scared I'd loose it :D :D

squeaker
05-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Woohoo! We are making wine this weekend! :dancer: We are starting with an apple wine and a rasperry merlot - good summery wines!

Um, I don't think either will be any good, and you should just send them to me to get rid off. :D

ajandpj99
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Yeah I think Squeaker is right aobut your wine, Mauv- and I am sure the next yummy dessert you make wont be any good either so you should send it to me since I will eat anything.;)

All this hair talk reminds me that I need a trim (down to my butt again) and a dye - used to do it because hair dull brown and has no gloss, now it includes grey coverage - no kids but a grey hair for every kid I have ever baby sat. Must be contagious. LOL

If it would stop dipping below freezing at night - it would be perfect spring weather - hi 60's and blue sky. It is getting old building a fire in the am.

Give me a month and I can start complaining that it is too hot. :devil:

Baby horse is doing good - growing fast - a week old today. Hope to go visit again. Still deciding on his name - his regular name - the registered name will be based on the ancestory we want to highlight. Leaning toward Kaipo - it is hawaiian and means Sweetheart -which goes with the big heart on his face. He would be Kai for short (rhymes with Sky) and he is a sweetie.

PJ:dizzy:

mauvaisroux
05-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Kaipo is a lovely name! :)

Moo - :rofl: Great story, I'm surprised the guy didn't get his lights punched out! That happend to us on the train once. DH and I both had long hair and the porter came up behind us with the drink cart and asked "Now what would you lovely ladies like to drink?" You should have seen his face when DH turned and said "I'll have a Coke, no ice, thanks" . He was beet red and apologized profusely :lol: DH just laughed it off.

Squeaker and AJ -I forgot to mention we are also making a zinfindel that is melon and kiwi flavoured :cheers: Unfortunately I don't think either of our customs offices would appreciate me shipping wine across the border or I would.

mauvaisroux
05-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

We went to the fleamarket and I got some books - mostly mysteries as the place had oodles of romance novels which are not my cup of tea. I also found a Vampire mystery novel - what the ? So I thought I would give it a try.

Our wine will be ready in 8 weeks - I can't wait! :cb:

squeaker
05-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Mauvis - Let us know how the Vampire mystery novel is. I once read one that was based on the idea that Sherlock Holmes & Dracula were cousins. It was really interesting.

Aj - how is the horse doing?

How is everyone else?

I am doing well. Busy at work, and trying to Spring clean my whole apartment - which is right now at the stage where it looks worse since I started. :p I just have to remember it will eventually start looking better.

mauvaisroux
05-10-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm good - enjoying the nice weather here. DH bbq'd dinner last night and we sat outside for a few hours last night.

I'm doing some more spring cleaning this weekend as it is supposed to be raining. I just can't justify doing housework when the sun is shining - I would rather be outside :D

We are supposed to go to Home Depot sometime soon to price lattice for the backyard and outdoor paint for front porch.

Tani
05-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey all, I'm doing well. My physical therapy exercises continue to keep me moving pretty much pain free. I'm still so thankful for every good day.

My scooter was delivered last weekend but I haven't gotten to ride it yet. The helmet I ordered should be into the shop today or tomorrow and I'll be able to ride it home Friday. (I finally decluttered my old helmet last year, it figures) I can't remember if I blathered about my scooter yet here. I'm going to be using it as a commute vehicle when my job moves 10 miles down the road and I can no longer bike from downtown. Which also means I'll be joining the gym next month to make up all my beloved cardio.

Then instead of tooling around on my scooter all weekend, we'll be driving down to Oregon for my aunt's funeral. I wasn't close to her at all, but I haven't seen my gramma for a couple years so I really want to go. I'm not looking forward to the long drive though, it's about 12 hours round trip.

ajandpj99
05-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Hi all - all's well here in Days Creek.

Sqeaker - the horse - Kaipo - is doing great. Getting his teeth in and already sneaking his moms grain. He is so sweet - he really likes his bottom - especially the tail area, scratched just like a dog. The harder you scratch the more his back legs buckle and he does the camel lip thing with his mouth. He practically sat on me the other day he was enjoying it so much.

The nice part is that the people that have him and his mom have several horses, they are very experienced with new foals and have been giving him daily attention and imprinting - training. So every time I go visit he is more and more trained and friendly. He should be coming over here in late September depending on his mom and how soon she weans him. Being her first she may let him nurse longer, but not past Oct.

Then he gets to meet our horses and the we have to decide if Pepsi will make a good stepmom or if he would better off with Bo as a step dad. Since Bo is gelded - they should get along ok. But I think Pepsi is a better choice since she is so docile.

Back to work - later gals!

lizziness
05-10-2006, 11:38 PM
heh. you have a horse named pepsi. :)

ajandpj99
05-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi Lizz - yeah I thought Pepsi was an odd name for a horse - with my pop culture upbringing - but apparently Pepsi is not an uncommon name for quarterhorses being a version of Pep. There are a few that are the norm in quarterhorse names, like Pep, Zip, Par, Bar, etc. And versions like zippy, Parr, Peppy, etc.

I tend to call her Sweet P.

:D

in_the_end
05-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey ladies!

So I decided to try something new last night and went to a Pilates class. It was great, had my muscles tingling all over! Also went for a 60 mile roundtrip bike ride this weekend.. it was nice, although my legs were sore for a day or two.

My puppies (Peanut and Butter) are doing well too. They're busy eating avocados and mispiros (I don't know how to say that fruit in english) that fall off the trees. I'm convinced that's why Peanut is a little heavy!

Hope all of you ladies have a good day =)

mauvaisroux
05-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Way to go! :cp: Wow a 60 mile bike ride :faint:

What are mispiros? Can you describe them?

in_the_end
05-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Mispiros (pronounced mees-pee-ros in spanish) are these little fruits that are about the size of a lime. They are yellow and you peel off the skin (which is pretty fine). Then when you bite into them, you have to take out the 2 big seeds. It's a sweet little fruit, you have to eat tons of them to feel satisfied.

I hope that makes sense!

mauvaisroux
05-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Interesting . . .I've never heard of those before, they sound delicious :T

mauvaisroux
05-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Long weekend here - spent most of it doing house stuff, going to home depot and then spent Monday relaxing :)

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Tani
05-23-2006, 10:13 AM
I spent the weekend doing stuff around the house too. I put up new shelves and got rid of some cabinets in the living room and freed up a ton of space. It's so open now, I love it. :D

mauvaisroux
05-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Amazing what a few small changes can do, isn't it? :)

mauvaisroux
05-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Good morning everyone! :coffee:

Well here I am on Friday stressing about what to wear to a wedding tomorrow :p. It's in the evening so I think formal but it's in a small town in the country so I'm thinking casual - argh! I guess I will have to find somethign in between - I better figure it out soon! :lol:

Then there is the stress of the wedding food! :faint: I think I will eat something small and healthy before I go so I don't load up at the party.

Anyone else got plans for the weekend?

Tani
05-26-2006, 10:20 AM
oooh, a wedding sounds fun. :) No big plans for me this weekend. It's a three dayer down here though, so that will be super nice. We might make an appearance at my sister's bbq on Monday... if I'm feeling up to dealing with her boyfriend. :sssh:

lizziness
05-26-2006, 01:27 PM
speaking of dealing with people... *LOL* i am spending today with my friend helping her put her house together (read: clean the messy dump up *L*) and then my mother in law is going to suck what's left of my soul out of me on saturday... we're planning a graduation party for the youngest sibling. and then i get to work on sunday - but have monday off... and i may take monday just to recoop *L*

mauvaisroux
05-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Geeze liziness - you are a busy lady!

Tani - I take it the boyfriend is not one of your favourite people then? ;)

Tani
05-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Mauv, yeah.... He's not a bad guy, just the type who likes to push people's buttons and get them all riled up for what passes for fun. :P I'm trying to make an extra effort to play nice though, now that my niece or nephew is on the way.

lizziness
05-27-2006, 02:28 AM
ugh, i know the type tani. i totally married him! *LOL*

today was tiring. but we got a room done. it makes me sad to know that people buy houses and don't treat them with respect when i'm stuck in an apartment. grr.

here's to a fun filled in lawed tomorrow. :)

squeaker
05-28-2006, 11:33 AM
How was the wedding Mauvais?
lizziness - I hope you can recoup tomorrow :)
Tani - Good luck with the bf. People like that can be very aggravating. :p

Doing well here. Going to see X-Men soon. I can't wait. Then Sis#1's birthday lunch. Tomorrow is the family picinic, just my aunts, uncles & cousins. Not too many people. In between, I am working on cleaning my house. But now I have a purpose. I am looking for a new job and plan on moving. Makes cleaning the house completely different. :lol:

lizziness
05-28-2006, 09:11 PM
So, for the holiday we didn't want to do his or my family.. so we bucked up bought a grill and we're going to do our own BBQ at home and not tell anybody. hehehe. talk about anti-social. it should be nice though, a long day watching movies and eating yummy food. i can't wait.

i somehow survived the last few days though i must say i am exhausted! some people just take it right out of you.

squeak- good luck with the job hunt, i sure know how hard it can be. hubby has been trying literally for years to find a better job. i looove moving. it's so nice to pack everything up and throw away things you don't need and start all over. such a great feeling to move into a place and get to put everything in order. (maybe i'm just weird)

mauvaisroux
05-28-2006, 09:46 PM
good luck with the job hunt Squeak!

The wedding was nice but I had to sit through several hours of country music at the reception which was not my cup of tea. I had a headache by the time we left. It was nice seeing all of DH's relatives and catching up with them.

I spent four hours gardening today - I hurt! :p

mauvaisroux
05-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Beautiful morning today! :sunny:

I'm a bit stiff from the gardening yesterday but I'm glad I did it as I now have an herb garden and my tomato plants are in! :carrot:

I was hoping to do some more tonight but I have to study for a French exam I 'm taking this week.

Tani- did you make it to the BBQ - how was it?

lizziness
05-30-2006, 11:23 PM
had a nice slow memorial day, relaxing. read for a while. watch the boys put together a gas grill (that was amusing). we weighed the evils of having a day w/ my family or his and opted to just buy a grill and have our own quiet day to ourselves. It was wonderful! :)
I was able to return to work relaxed and it's nice to know my week is already half over. yay.
anybody else do anything for memorial day?

ajandpj99
05-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Does working on my budget count?:p

DH had to leave for work Mon at 4 am - but he usually leaves Sun so he got an extra day off which was nice. :hug:

Didnt do anything special just our usual weekend activities. I had to laugh at Lizz - DH and I have the same attitude - not that we dont we like our families - they arent too close - but we ditched friends to just be alone. :cool: We could have went to a BBQ on Sat but passed.

Anyway - good luck to Squeakers job hunt and hope you recover from gardening Mauv. :carrot:

Howdy to everyone else - been eves dropping. ;)

Tani
05-31-2006, 01:13 PM
We survived memorial day as well. At least I *thought* we did. Then I woke up this morning to the sound of my husband being repeatedly sick. Poor guy. Upon talking to my sister a little while ago, it turns out that her boyfriend's daughter had a stomach bug on Sunday. Knock on wood that nobody else brought it home from the bbq.

mauvaisroux
05-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Glad everyone had a good weekend :)

Tani that's too bad about your DH getting sick - hope he's feeling better soon.

I think I had a touch of heatstroke yesterday as I was feeling nauseous/headachy/dizzy all day. I finally left work at 3pm and passed out for a few hours when I got home. I'm feeling much better today. :)

I know what you mean about just wanting some quiet time at home. Sometimes I just can't be bothered to get dressed up to go anywhere and then I feel like I can't be "on" when I go to a party/bbq/gathering where I don't know people that well and have to struggle to make conversation or play nice with people I don't particularly care for.

I once told my mom that I was a very social anti-social person :rofl:

Tani
05-31-2006, 03:55 PM
I have to second third and fourth people on the wonderfulness of quiet time at home. I have friends who are social butterflies and I love them to death, but they're like a whole different species. It takes tremendous energy for me to interact with people I don't know, where as they seem to get energy from it. Craziness :)

My husband would describe himself exactly the same as you, Mauv, social anti-social ;) He claims to be shy, but is always chattering away at new people. He says he makes himself do it on purpose.

mauvaisroux
05-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Tani - I do it to be polite and put others at ease especially at things like DH's office Christmas party where all the wives and girlfriends see each other only once a year :lol: I'm usually the one that starts the small talk and breaks the ice for everyone to start chatting with each other.

I'm an outgoing introvert :rofl:

mauvaisroux
06-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Closing this thread to start the June thread. :)