Repo girl
04-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Happy April Fools Day everyone!!!!

rad7775
04-01-2006, 08:39 AM
GOOD MORNING :coffee:

Happy April fool's day..:joker::joker:

Katie:
How's my little black sheep doing today!

Boo'sMom
04-01-2006, 08:40 AM
I haven't posted in while because I am a GROUCH right now. Even though I've been on plan my scales aren't moving--AGAIN. Thought the changes were helping but I've stalled again. Sorry to gritch. I am a day or so away from TOM and DH (who as yesterday has lost 30!! I am trying to be nice but I am sooo envious) reminds me I always do this-maybe, but it doesn't seem I go up soooo much. I've been up 2 pounds now for a couple of days. I'm doing the unlimited TO this weekend but too crabby to be optimistic about it so I am probably sabotaging myself. OK--enough whining.

Here's to April being a better month!! Later today I will retire my dead bumblebee and try to find something with some energy to get moving!! Later girls--will get caught up with everyone--missed you all this week and welcome to the new gals.

dolphn545
04-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Happy April Fools Day... :joker:

Just got back from WI. One less pound of me! Happy Dance! :dance:
I set a mini goal for myself to lose 10 pounds by the end of April. We shall see. Spreading some :dust: everyone's way!

rad7775
04-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Hi Boo'smom:
I was wondering where have you been? Glad to see your post again. Sorry about that hard time with :devil:scale, and really hope that TO help you in something :hug:

Repo girl
04-01-2006, 08:55 AM
My SIL finally had her baby last night after an emergency C-Section. Mommy and baby are doing fine. My grandma is also doing much better after the Dr. took a liter of water off of one of her lungs with a needle yesterday. I am going to take my kids, and the rest of my family to a place called Lava Hot Springs today. Fun place to swim, unbelieveable Thai food, and resort type shopping. We all need a break from stress, so we a just getting out of here. Hope you guys have a really great day!!!!

angelica1674
04-01-2006, 08:57 AM
good morning chickies!

I think I finally got a pic of me up. I am not sure. I am going to post this to see :)

angelica1674
04-01-2006, 08:59 AM
congrats on the new baby in your family katie!! I am glad everything is ok and everyone is doing fine.Must be a big relief.

Ok heres my pic, its small but I dont know how to get it bigger, I am not good with computers .

wtxchick
04-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Happy April Fool's Day!!:joker:

DD went with me to COD for weigh in. She is excited again about the program and has lost 5 pounds. That is motivating for one week! Oh, the joys of a teenage metabolism!:lol:

Painting youngest DD's room today and picking out paint for oldest DD's room. The house is finally taking shape and looking "decorated."

I made a Chicken Cacciatore last night that was to die for!! Totally OP and totally delicious. I'll post in the recipe section later today. If you try it, tell me what you think!!

Have a good one!

Andi

rad7775
04-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Sherry:
Congratulations! :cheer: Thanks for the wiil power dust! I forgot to post yesterday, about your test, reminded me when I was in college my Biology professor was :devil: nobody can pass a test and I remember that all of us in class made a competition of who is gonna have the highest/ lowest percent b/c we all knew that nobody is gonna have more than 50% of a 100%. That man was :devil:, girl, you are gonna do better in your next test!

Suzanne: (from March thread)
Hope that you enjoy the movie. BTW, I like the way you said "I choose" that is true, we are the ones that made the chioces.That is a lesson that I have to learn.

I have to confess, yesterday night DH and I went out for dinner with the kids, I have a Taco salad but the sin was that it came in a edible bowl, and I eat a piece of the edible bowl, not the whole thing, but a 65%of the bowl. This last two days I've been a little over on my starches and I know that is TOM, made me feel so anxious that I end up eating, I know is anxiety what made me eat something even when I don't feel hungry.

dolphn545
04-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks Milca. Now, if I can just spend more time studying, and less time on this computer....
I'm addicted!

Bobby18
04-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Today will be very quiet for me. We cancelled our camping trip since our friends' new motorhome wasn't ready, so my DH and a couple of buddies went sledding in the Crow's Nest Pass. This is the first trip in many years for my DH - he really wants to buy a sled, but I told him to rent one first and make sure he enjoys it. We already own quads (something I love to do too), so I'm not sure he needs both, but ...

My scaled showed me a great number this morning - a new decade :cb: . I will be going to COD today, so I will move my ticker with whatever is official. I just had a bowl of oatmeal and am drinking some vanilla earl grey tea :coffee: - won't have anything more to eat until after WI. Think skinny thoughts for me.

Last night I had a great epiphany. I was thinking about Deets and how she has been struggling with keeping those last few pounds off and the other ladies on here whose scales don't seem to want to move for days (or weeks) on end. I am so thankful to all of you for sharing your struggles :hug: . Don't get me wrong - I am not happy you are having them, but it has made LAWL more real to me. I see all of the advertisements with these fantastic losses in short periods of time and want that to be me. I believe the fact of the matter is that those results are not typical. It is more typical to struggle during this program, either with encountering self-induced bumps on the journey (i.e. not eating on program) or with strubborn scales that aren't cooperating no matter what we do. For me, the stories shared here are the real LAWL.

For me, this journey has been anything but smooth since I joined in Nov. I really didn't lose any weight until the last week because of self-sabotage. I was so frustrated with how I was signed up, that I was letting it get in the way of doing what is best for me. After I met with the Manager of my COD a couple of weeks ago, things have totally changed. It makes me feel good that the COD as a whole isn't like the individual who signed me up. When the Manager indicated that they will carry my weight loss weeks for as long as it takes me to get to where I want to be, I knew that "they" really do care. The COD I go to gets most of their new customers from referrals - they want to keep it that way.

I know that no part of this journey is going to be easy, but I am thankful everyday for finding you chickies. You are my strength - the strength to say NO and the strength to keep going. Thank-you :grouphug: .

stiesta
04-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Morning friends,

Katie -- was it a boy or a girl???? Name and stats, please.

Suzanne, I totally agree with you on coming to a peaceful place with LAWL. I felt the same way - they are a business and sometimes their "sales" people treat you less like a person and more like a potential sale. But what I came to realize, and it sounds like you did too, is that I am doing this for me. I am making good choices so I can have the body I've always wanted. I am teaching my kids by example how to be fit and healthy. I am learning that I have self-control and am in charge of my own destiny. I think once we get to that place mentally, the rest of it just follows. I will be forever grateful for that.

Anyway, here's to an OP day for us all! Gonna take my kids to see Ice Age this afternoon as it's rainy and yuck outside...not much else to do! No popcorn for me!

Christie

aggie2006
04-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey girlies, Happy april fools day!
Repo girl, im so jealous, we had snow here til a week ago when we finally saw the first spark of sunlight...then followed by rain, rain, and some more rain...and we have weather predictions of more snow in april, i cant wait to go home...this place is good for one thing and thats studying! we went all the way to negative 10F this winter...it was so cold that it was impossible to breath in when outside...and my poor nikita (doggie) could barely do her business...seiously if u had a nose drip, it froze on your face! enough about me...
congrats on the new baby in the family...out of curiousity whats happening to grandma?
suzanne, good luck on your WI, i am so happy i found this website as well, its just the right amount of support i was lacking...its hard for me, i live alone, abroad, no contact to any LAWL but now i got you girls, and i feel a lot better, i even set an april goal for myself. and if i reach it, it will be officially the lowest weight i have been since after high school...i wish all you girlies a great april with lots of weight loss and motivation toward the summer right around the corner! lets get in those bathing suits!

Bobby18
04-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Aggie - can I ask how tall you are? I am 5'4" and am really not sure about my final goal. I want to fit comfortably into a size 8 (a 6 would be great if my body allows it) and have no idea what weight that would be. Our current weight's are very similar.

sznn
04-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Happy April Fools Day,

Suzanne - good luck @ your WI.

Milca - you crack me up with your abounding energy. I say, you are the official 3FC - LAWL cheerleader!!:carrot:

I was just changing my ticker to update for April - I'm feeling rather motivated as I just realized I only have 6lbs to goal!!
That should help me get through the cheese fondue party I am attending this evening :devil:

-S

rad7775
04-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Suzanne and Christie:
Completely agree with you on the journey, we all have our ups and downs but is on us to keep going and don't give up. I have open up my eyes in many things since I change my eating habits when I joined LAWL, one of the things is my attitude, I used to said that the diet is not working, that something was wrong, when deep down inside me I knew that I was cheating, the diet don't need to change, the diet works, the one that needed to change was me and my attitude, and my eating habits and my choices. Yesterday I cheat, but is in me if today I cheat again, and that is not gonna happen. Christie mention something about teaching her kids to eat healthy and is true, that is another thing that I have learned, before my grocery shopping list was double chocolate chips ahoy, oreo, doritos, etc... the sad thing is that my kids don't ate that stuff if I don't gave them to them, I ate them more than the kids. Is not that they don't have a cookie or candy once in a while, you know they are kids, but at least I'm trying to have at home more healthy choices for them, I saw a program the other day where there was a 8 year old beautiful girl that weight 245 lbs.--she have lost 130lbs so she was weighin more-- and that is somethimg that open up my eyes much more.This site has helped me a lot too and :grouphug: to all of you!

rad7775
04-01-2006, 10:29 AM
sznn:
:hyper::cheer::carrot::twirly:Thank you girl, you are so kind! :hug:Why you change your avatar, that was a pretty picture?!

Katie:
TITI, I hope you enjoy your day , you deserve it! :hug:

Christie:
I am gonna take the kids to see that movie on Monday, let me know if is good.

Sherry:
I'm addicted too! :comp::gossip::blah::blah: See, that's me, talking to all of you!

Aggie:
Good luck in your April goal, you can do this!!

aggie2006
04-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Suzanne- im a tall chick 5'7 and a half, i have to add the half! lol,...when i was about 145-150 i fit in an 8...but im also big boned which might alter the sizing...

aggie2006
04-01-2006, 10:57 AM
milca...thanks for the encouragement, i have a question..where do u get all the cool icons from! im jelous!

30lbsby22
04-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Happy April 1 chickies. A week from today is my bday. Doesnt look like I will be making my goal. But thats okay hopefully by then I will be about 15lbs lighter which is half of goal. Better than nothing. Today I am not feeling too well so I dont know how OP I will be. The dbf is coming over tonight we are supposed to go see a movie and dinner. I am hoping to pack a snack so I wont be tempted to eat his popcorn. Other than that no real plans. Back from Vegas *as you can tell* and I dropped a pound while there which made my day yesterday. :carrot: I hope to keep up the weight loss. ;) I hope all is well with all you other chickies. I didnt even try to catch up on what I missed out on all last week. I just figured I would start new today since its a new months post. Hope everyone has a wonderful and OP weekend!!! :hug:

angelica1674
04-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Suzanne- I am 5'9 and i am a size 8/10 now at 173. I am also big boned.

MTdebster921
04-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Happy april fools day chickies

About the addiction, my DH said that he thinks 3fc is some kind of cult that sucks you in and never lets you go. He cries cuz he never gets on the computer anymore.

Aggie- Where are you at studying? Wonderful picture. When you go to type your post click on go advanced. There is a little box with smileys, you can choose from the ones shown or clice on more and you have a huge choice of them.

Suzanne- :hug:You so have to be in the right frame of mind for any type of weight loss to work, or any good habit forming things to work for that matter. It's so hard to not get sucked in by all the commercials and the ads. Of course they are going to advertise the non-typical people losing tons of weight. How many people would sign up if they said that you will struggle, you will plateau and you will want to cheat. You will get there, have faith. You have made the biggest step to be on your way.

Sznn- 6 lbs.!! You are SO close- you can do it!!:carrot: :carrot:

Milca- You are definitely the cheerleader. :cheer: Your posts always make me smile and laugh.:sunny: :rofl:

Today is supposed to be in the 60's. I am getting ready to go do some cleanup in the yard. I'm starting to get the planting bug. When DH gets home this morning, we are going to go to the home and garden show and hopefully I will get inspired to work on our back yard. It is over 1/2 acre and completely unlandscaped, unless you consider weeds plants. That'll work some muscles.

Currently I am at a 27.6 lb. loss. I am really shooting to make a full 30 lbs. by Monday's WI. Sending out :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes to everybody!!

rad7775
04-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Aggie:
Like Debbie said "go advanced" when you are going to post or in the bottom of the page click on "smilies are on" and you will see them.;)

Angelica:
Glad that you decided to post your picture!:cp:

Megan:
Hope that you feel better during the day and enjoy your dinner and the movie with DBF. :)

Debbie:
You are so sweet,thanks :hug: I'm sure you are gonna see some muscles planting 1/2 acre of land, at least for sure you are gonna burn some calories! :goodvibes: for you too!

dolphn545
04-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Gotta love LAWL. For my past few WI's, they've been trying to sell me the supplements. They asked if there was any reason I'm not taking them. I'm thinking they've certainly got enough of my money so far! :blah: :blah: :blah: I've told them I'm not interested. Other than being a bit overweight, I'm a healthy person.

Milca, you always crack me up and put a smile on my face. :D

dolphn545
04-01-2006, 01:33 PM
ok - I have a silly question. When everybody references back to others, in longer posts, are you sitting there with a pen and paper writing comments to post your reply to include everyone, or is there any easier way to do this? I hate leaving people out that I want to acknowledge, but I don't want to lose on anything I've posted and sometimes I'm going back like 4 or 5 pages to read where I left off.

rad7775
04-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Sherry:
:hug:There is no silly question, that doesn't exist! Usually when I been away for a couple of days and I do use a pen and paper and write down a couple of things, but sometimes I just read and post. Is good the idea of pen and paper if you don't want to miss something that you want to post to another of the girls.

stiesta
04-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Milca, just got back from the movie and it was a big thumbs-up from the kids. It wasn't exactly my type of movie, but I wouldn't expect it to be! It was cute and they loved it. I stayed OP and kept my fingers out of their popcorn!

Sherry -- as you read and post more, you are able to remember better it seems. At first I was totally boggled by that myself, but you just get the hang of it.

Boo-- put your pretty face back up there!

Bye all!

Christie

Bobby18
04-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Just back from WI - down another 1.6 lbs! :carrot: I am officially in the new decade and vow that I will NEVER see the 8 decade again. I have lost 3.8 lbs. since Monday - wow, cutting out those carb cravers have been great for me.

Sherry - I sometimes use notepad or word to make my comments as I am reading the posts. I do not have a great memory, so this works great for me. I find notepad is easiest, but have your internet and word processor open at the same time. Then, just cut and paste into the message and post!

dolphn545
04-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks Christie & Suzanne.

Christie - WTG on staying OP!:cb:
Happy dance for you too! :dance:

rad7775
04-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Christie:
Thanks for the info on the movie... :cp: on the popcorn.

Suzanne:
Way to go girl!!!! Congratulations in your loss! :cheer::cp::bravo:

Boo'smom:
I agree with Christie you are very pretty and have a pretty smile too, put that picture back! ;)

Boo'sMom
04-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Suzanne--that is awesome--I'm just sorry they didn't catch the Carb Cravers earlier.

Christie & Milca--you are too sweet--I'm still too grumpy--soon.

Sherry--sorry about the professor--I worked with a guy that informed his students that half would fail and he was always true to his word--hate teachers like that--too lazy to TEACH!! Are you taking ANY supplements? Make sure to get in some calcium because the dairy allowance is too small.

Milca & Katie--I can't get over your before and afters--totally different people!! I honestly don't think I could find a before picture of me--I ran from the camera or was always taking the photos. A few weeks ago at my center my gal was telling me how great--blah blah--and I admited that even though things feel better I just can't "see" it myself so she whips out my before shot and I was stunned. I've lied to myself for sooo long!! YIKES. Even just 23 lbs. makes a huge difference. The sad thing is I thought I looked pretty decent that day!!

To everyone else--have a great day--will visit more--this week was crazy subbing --fun but crazy.

Boo'sMom
04-01-2006, 03:07 PM
:cp: Oh--I forgot--NSV--took DD to find an Easter dress and decided to try on jeans (for :D ) and the 12's were a little on the loose side, the 10's little snug!! I'm okay with that--I've said from the beginning an easy 10 would suit me fine (maybe when I hit goal I will change my mind!) So I am not as crabby :mad: I was when I posted this morning. PS--Kohl's is having a GREAT sale. I even bought a large top and I haven't worn a large since high school--a very loooong time ago. Okay--enough patting myself on the back.:cp:

Thanks everyone for being so sweet--to you new gals--I'm not usually such a :devil: OR :bb:

Ya like my determined little Easter chick??

hkychik
04-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Welcome to April everyone! http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/cute_smileys/fool.gif

My DS left today with my parents- he is going to Wyoming with them for spring break. http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/cute_smileys/bye2.gif DD and I are trying to fill the day - she is a bit jealous that she didn't get to go with, but DS wanted some time away from his little sister!

WI stunk yesterday - I was only .4 lbs away from that big 20 pound mark, then Aunt Flo paid a surprise visit. I didn't think she was coming until next week. Anyway, I was up .6. Rats.

Boo, put your picture back - you're gorgeous! I am really sorry that you are struggling with this. Sometimes it must feel like this http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/cute_smileys/frusty2.gif but keep after it. I'm sure it will happen for you. Nice NSV - that's way better than a scale movement!

Katie, congrats on the new http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/cute_smileys/passifier.gif in your family. Hope Grandma is feeling better too.

MT Debster, that is a great loss! You are doing really well. http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/cute_smileys/happydance.gif Weeds are the only plants I can grow! My best girlfriend gave me a rock for my flowerbed out front that says "Grow Dammit". The weeds are listening, but not the bushes I planted last spring!

Congrats to everyone else on the downward side of the scale. Together we can do this!

Boo'sMom
04-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Lori--you are too funny--I hate yard work and right now the grass in my flower bed looks better than the grass in the yard! When you post your photo I will put mine back--you gotta admit--the pooch is pretty darn cute! Sorry your WI stunk--I can relate and assure you that on Monday I will be stinkin with you. Also sorry your bar bargain didn't pan out--it would be nice to find a really good alternative. I am prepaid on Lites for an eternity but know when the time comes and they are gone I will want something to take the place. Maybe you and DD can do something special while DS is away. This will be the first summer that BOTH DD's will go to grandparents for "alone" time (ie: no parents) it's always just been the oldest so this year should be interesting. Poor mommy--NOT. I miss them terribly when they are away but I also enjoy "me time"

hkychik
04-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Ohhhh, not fair, Boo! I am always behind the camera - otherwise pictures would never get taken! I'll see if I can't dig something up. Maybe I'll post a pic of the dog instead too, now that hockey season is over.

Bobby18
04-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Boo's Mom - It was the COD that figured out the CC situation for me. It was from reading the carb craver post at the beginning of the week and from some great advice from JulieMarie. The COD was the ones who told me to use them everyday in the first place - it didn't seem right to me, but who was I to argue? Congrats on the size 10s - that has got to feel GREAT!

I just had a fabulous fajita for my lunch/dinner. I sauteed chicken breast, onion, and red and green peppers. Added some fajita seasoning (pkg) and simmered. I used a tomato flavored tortilla and added cheese. Yummy.

I am now going to finish cleaning the house. I absolutely hate doing it, but it is LOOOONG overdue. TTFN.

Boo'sMom
04-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Oh Suzanne--no congrats just yet--I only got in them--didn't say they looked decent!! I'm in that catch-22 where I need new clothes but refuse to buy a size I hope won't fit long! I've been in a 14 for about 15 years so this is thrilling but weird, too. My mother says I wouldn't be happy right now if they hung me with a new rope. She knows me too well. I can't believe they didn't pick up on why you were struggling--either they are fools (since so many here knew immediately what the problem probably was) or they were trying to find a way to get more $$ out of you! You are making great gains (lol) in your losses! By the time your vacation rolls around you will have to get a new wardrobe. We go to Mrytle Beach June 18th and I hope to be much smaller by then--surely my plateau can't last THAT long.

marbear
04-01-2006, 06:48 PM
I made manwich from scratch on Thursday and it was FABULOUS. I sauteed my ground sirloin w/ bell peppers, then when it was cooked I added minced dried onion, chili powder, and garlic (good amounts). I seasoned with lite salt and added ketchup and a little vinegar. It tasted like the real deal.

Just came back from the store where I bought Eli 9 name brand wooden puzzles (the kind that are $10 each) for $1.99 each!!! I thought they were $4.99, so I only picked up 3, and when I saw them at that price I was like "hold up, girl." I went back and got all that were on sale that he didn't have already. He loves him some puzzles!

I took him to the home depot kids workshop today. That sucked kinda because it was a much harder project than last month so he really couldn't help a lot :( kinda defeats the point if I do most of the work.

Mary

Boo'sMom
04-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Mary--what a great deal! Wooden puzzles are the best. When my youngest outgrew hers I donated them to the preschool/daycare at my school and the little ones were so excited--new to them! Kohl's was having a great sale today and I found my oldest DD her Easter dress--regularly $52 for $10! The clerk said they were marking them down "because the straps were too long"--uh--ok--I have a needle and thread. I was thrilled. Love a bargain--especially when it's something I need. I am making taco salad tonight and I am meat hungry today--I think I am sprouting feathers. I bet Eli had a great time--even if you had to do most of the work. Were ya'll humid down south today? We are dying! It's never humid here--UGH.

rad7775
04-01-2006, 06:57 PM
I need to take this out of my chest...I am so pissed off right Know. If you got MIL's from **** I got neighbors. I live in a house wich have two apartments, one in the bottom and ours that is in the upper level. They have been living like two years there and us almost a year. I have two kids, they are only her and her mother. The thing is that today I order something for lunch for my kids, the delivery guy got confussed and ring in their bell instead of ours. I didn't knew what happen until the delivery guy told me, I don't think that is a big deal, the guy made a mistake,it could happen to anybody. When I went to check the mail like an hour later, I found a paper posted in my mailbox(wich is on the bottom of my door bell) with my last name written on it, the thing is that my mailbox has already my last name and my DH last name posted on it. I have tolerate so many sh** from this people that this is like just what I needed to explote. First I can't put my stuff in the basement b/c they have tooked my space and their space, me and DH never complain, then they have a PITBULL mixed with BOXER in the basement, come on,I have two kids, my washer and dryer are in the basement too(each apt. have separate washer and dryers), but me and DH never complain, even though the landlord order them to get rid of the dog and trust me I love dogs, but those dogs aren't too friendly, then the other day I was washing some clothes, by mistake I forgot to take out the dryer my last load, it was dry but inside the dryer, it could happen to anyone, the next day when I went to pick up the clothes I found my clothes outside the dryer, with a note on the top that said: "Sorry guys I took your clothes out of the dryer b/c I needed to feed the dog" What the f***? Did they heat the dog food in my dryer or what?, but me and DH never complain, but now I swear if they tell me something I am gonna explote...If they want to post a name in the mailbox it should be theirs b/c theirs doesn't have one,my mailbox and door bell are properly identified, I asked myself why people can't live like humans!! Can somebody tell me if I'm wrong to be so mad or it just TOM making my life miserable!! Thanks for listening and Sorry to bother you but I need to take it off my chest.

Bobby18
04-01-2006, 07:05 PM
then the other day I was washing some clothes, by mistake I forgot to take out the dryer my last load, it was dry but inside the dryer, it could happen to anyone, the next day when I went to pick up the clothes I found my clothes outside the dryer, with a note on the top that said: "Sorry guys I took your clothes out of the dryer b/c I needed to feed the dog" What the f***? Did they heat the dog food in my dryer or what?

Milca - I don't mean to be insensitive, but ths part of your post made me laugh. Not sure what feeding the dog and the dryer have in common either. I am so sorry you are going through this :hug: . We used to live in a basement suite and the people from upstairs had to come through our place to do their laundry. The situation really sucked.

Boo's Mom - I still think congrats are appropriate. You can get into size 10 - that is a huge accomplishment. I don't care if you can't do them up or if they are really tight - they are on! Don't worry, I'll congratulate you again when they are comfy!

rad7775
04-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Suzanne:
Don't worry girl I know is kind of funny,but is just that me and DH have to swallowed a lot of stuff from them and we been really nice to them, it does sucks!

Boo'sMom
04-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Milca--even when you are steaming you crack me up!! I could practically hear you ranting while I read it--you have no idea the joy you bring to us all! I agree--you have crappy neighbors and I can't see a reason to justify their stupidity. I think you are handling it much better than I would. I would definitely talk to the landlord about the dog thing and the basement space--you are paying for it so you deserve to get what you pay for. Or charge her rent for using your space. Only thing is--if you put your stuff down there is it safe? Can you lock it up or is there a chance she could mess with it? Still don't understand the dryer thing--what's one got to do with the other? Just know that you have my sympathy--so sorry!

hkychik
04-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Milca, I know you are mad, but you crack me up! Dogfood and the dryer? Sigh. People are so wierd sometimes. I don't understand why folks have to be like that. I have had neighbors from **** before - it gets to be a struggle just to avoid being around them.

pinkflamingo68
04-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Wow! Already 3 giggle-filled pages!!!

Katie- congrads on baby and gran doind better. I wanted to mention - when I read your posts - poker games, swimming, joyriding with burritos, and now Lava Fall Place? You lead a pretty rocking life, chica!! Can we trade for a while?? It sounds like you all do alot of seriously fun things.

Milca- You're neighbor story cracked me up - not that I can't feel your frustration --- I can almost hear your cute little accent yelling about it!! It's prob. TOM sweetie. Ride it out. Maybe you could get a cat to terrorize their dog.:devil:

Boos's - okay - I think your dog pic is cute - the "outfit" cracks me up every time I see it! What is it, anyway??

Bobby-a couple of things for you! I'm 5'4", same as you, medium-boned, and wear a 10 at 150-155, and an 8 about 140-145, depending on how much exercise (muscle) I'm wearing. Also, my fave snack (don't think it's gross! It's actually one of Oprah's fav snacks and Oprah and I have *SO* much in common, you know...) very thinly sliced parmesan on an apple slice. HEAVEN!:angel:

WTXchick:I would really appreciate the Chicken Cacciatore recipe. Not much Italin OP stuff out there.

Marbear and Dolphn: Having the Manwich and Baked apple w/coolwhip tonight!

To everyone else I missed - have a wonderful evening!!:p :bravo:

Ange

dolphn545
04-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Mary - that manwich sounds great! I was trying to figure out an OP way to have them. :thanks:

Milca - I can completely relate to inconsiderate neighbors, although mine don't really realize it. Maybe you can find something wrong in the basement and invite the landlord over to check out the situation... with my neighbors, they also have a dog. Our house is a side by side double. We can't sit on our back porch, because if the dog is out, he will jump. The whole yard is dug up with holes. If the weather is nice out, the whole yard smells like dog sh**. I told my DH that the landlord will be coming by when we're ready to move, and when he's here to check out my place to return the security deposit, he will see for himself. What goes around comes around. Hang in there! :hug:

rad7775
04-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Oh girls, I'm mad but your post made me laugh about the whole thing. Thank you for cheering me up.
Boo'smom: I don't think that my stuff are gonna be safe b/c this people come from **** and I don't know what they could do to them and then said that was the dog or something!The funny thing is this, my DH smoke one day he was smoking outside and the lady told my DH to move b/c the smoke goes inside the house and she have asthma. Check this out the lady have 3 cats inside the house that's why the pitbull is in the basement!

rad7775
04-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks sherry!

Boo'sMom
04-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Suzanne-- you are good for me--perfect timing--thanks a bunch.

Ange--my baby makes me laugh everyday. She's only 8 months old but fully grown at 4 pounds--only thing is she thinks she is HUGE. She gives the 80 lb lab fits on a daily basis. She's a long hair chihuahua and her T-shirt says puppy love--pure mess and I couldn't love her more--ahhh. I got her after we moved becasue I was sooo lonely while the girls were at school and I haven't learned how to be a "stay at home mom"--it's work! I was much more organized when I worked full time.

Milca--tell him keep blowing smoke in her direction!

Bobby18
04-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Ange - Thanks for sharing your stats. When I was at my ww goal of 143, I was in a size 10. This time it should be a smaller size as I intend to have more musle and less fat. Weight lifting was not in my vocabulary back then. I was a skinnier fat person.

Lea Ann - It's my pleasure :) . Just remember that it is truly how I feel! You are doing fabulous.

I am tired of cleaning and haven't even made it to the bathrooms :( . The job must get done.

marbear
04-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Well, it looks as if my new rangetop may be a no-go. I'm sad because it's stainless steel, whirlpool, I got it at cost, and I wouldn't have to wait for a special order since I bought the floor model. UGH! On the other side of things, we got a new laptop today and I'm using it right now. DH has been after one for our entire marriage. Anyway, look forward to a lotta typos for a while...

Skinnier fat person? I have heard the term skinny fat person used before and it makes me cringe...probably because I know I have no desire to exercise whatsoever. I wish I had the motivation of some of you chicks (speaking of which, where is gymgurl???). I have always worried about my heart health, but this is the best I have done with my eating in years, so maybe one day the exercise will just "click" too. Til then, I guess I will settle for being a skinny fat chick ;)

Bobby18
04-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Marbear - Didn't mean to make you cringe. I just know that I want to be fit and not just skinny. My BF% is currently scary - I need to bring it down to a normal level in order to reach my goal of having a healthy body (what is in my control anyway).

rad7775
04-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Lori, Suzanne, Boo'smom, Ange and my "yesterday lost black sheep" Sherry , Thank you girls for cheering me up, I feel much better now, BTW I took the paper off, thanks for listening and for your advices and for making me laugh!! :grouphug:

Repo girl
04-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi guys! 4 great pages already! We had a great time swimming and shopping. The weather was ugly, but we still had a lot of fun. Since it is April Fools day, and I do have the sense of humour of a fourteen year old, I had to pull a little prank. In the dressing room at the the pool, my sisters both left their stuff unattended and hit the showers after we swam. So I stole their bras and underwear. Me and my girls were in our dressing room laughing our heads off while they were looking for them. Finally I put Kristi's (Yoga Gurl) top on my 5 year old and she ran out to my sister in it. It was dang funny.

The baby is a girl. She is 7 lbs 11 oz, 20 inches long. They named her Shagyn Dawn. I picked up some things they needed at their house this morning and stopped at the hospital on our way to Lava. She looks great this morning. So pretty. Her face looks so much like my girls. Poor SIL looked so miserable though. Poor girl. All of mine were C Section, so I know how she feels.

My grandma called a few minutes ago and wanted me to bring her a Snickers bar. She couldn't weigh more than 100 lbs soaking wet, but man she loves candy. Since it was 9:45 when she called, I promised I would bring it up in the morning, and bring the kids for a visit. She really seems to be doing quite a bit better.

Ange- Yeah, I have to be busy. I can't stand not having something to do.

Milca- Go get em girlfriend!!

Aggie- Love the pic. What a pretty shot with you are your dog. What kind is she?

Boos- I have a black chihauhau that weighs about 5 lbs. She is my baby, but DH gets really weary of her yappiness. She is the queen and high ruler over all of our dogs, even our great danes.

Suzanne- Thanks for sharing your epiphany with us. It is very motivating to hear everyones stories.

Mary- How nice to get a new computer. I am afraid we are headed there as well.

Have a great night, see you all in the morning!!

hkychik
04-02-2006, 12:21 AM
My ex neighbor was a http://www.geocities.com/fire_godess_e35/062802witch_prv.gif so I can feel for ya, Milca. Glad you took the paper down.... I, also being a wicked person, would stick a note with THEIR name on their mailbox!

Mary, too bad about the rangetop. It's nice to get those upgrades. I am in the same boat with you about exercise. I seem to always find something better to do - I do have the BL dvd, and I've done it a whole 2 times. I am so bad. I saw a gain right after I did it, so I quit until I get used to the purple plan. Another excuse, yep....

Ya'll with your sizes crack me up! I honestly couldn't tell you what size I am - or want to be.... I have bought elastic waist pants and XL or XXL tshirts for so long, I wouldn't have a clue. The elastic waist pants say 16 or 18 W, but when I tried on a pair of "real" pants in an 18 once, there was nooooooo way it was going to fit. I just want my C-section belly to go away to I can wear REAL jeans with a button!

I had a really yummy supper tonight - made spaghetti for the family, and since the scale is up, decided to pass on the meat in the sauce for me. I added 4 oz of string cheese, shredded, to a bowl of 2/3 C noodles and 1 tsp butter. Then a couple tablespoons of light spaghetti sauce and nuked it until the cheese melted. There was a LOT of cheese, and it was almost like pizza. I counted it as 2S, P, Fa, C. I think since it was mozzarella cheese and it was all gooey and stringy is what reminded me of pizza.

aggie2006
04-02-2006, 04:52 AM
debbie, thank you so much for the compliment, its nice to hear it once in a while!:val3:
I study in Poznan Poland, a city off the border to germany...its beautiful here but quite cold! suzanne congrats!...:woo:
and christie, im jealous...i went to the movies last night and heres what i had
1st, a bloody mary, and a two scoop icecream fruit sunday split in two, then nachos and cheese split in two, and if that wasnt enough, i used the rest of the cheese from the nachos to pour over my popcorn, which i had a half of a tub! omg i feel horrible...i got to get on the treadmill for as long as i can just to make up for it! :woops: im terrible
sherry, heres what i do, i write back to all the people on one page, then i cut what i wrote, then go to the next page and paste it there, then i write back to those people and do it again
boo-congrats on fitting into a smaller size:bravo:
Milca_ annoying neighbors is everyones worste nightmare but i think we have all done it! from blasting music, to heavy feet! in this place i live now...i had a small house warming, and at the end of the evening the neighbors from my brownstone left a note, NO VISITORS PAST 10PM! i was like what! this is my house too, i pay the rent here and i will have visitors until the hour i please! then there was a huge situation that a nasty note was left on the front door stating, if everyone doesnt shut the door properly the administration will have to be called! now how exactly do u shut the front door properly! then i recieved another note that i shut the too too hard! and the noise is bothersome! ahhhhh!:rollpin:
you cant win when it comes to neighbors, you can fight and fight or just suck it up, ignor them, and go on your merry way! so milca, i do sympathise
and for an asthmatic patient, the cat hair should bother her more than a smoke!
repo- im scared to say after milcas story...but shes a pitbull...but i swear shes as docile as a golden retriever, she loves all animals, and especially children, sometimes im ashamed of her, shes too nice for her breed! lol
lori- i agree...stick a note on theirs! they need it!!

dolphn545
04-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

Katie - It's so nice to hear that your grandma is doing better! It sounded like you had a blast yesterday with your family. I'm waiting for the warmer weather a bit to be able to "explore" some more of PA!

Lori - your version of spaghetti sounds sooo good! My family's having spaghetti tonight, and I wasn't sure if I would have it too, or just another salad. :hun:

Have a great OP day everyone! I'm going to have to get off the computer :comp: sometime today and do some more studying for another test tomorrow. :stress:

rad7775
04-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Good morning girls ::coffee:

Hope that all of you have a very beautiful,wonderful day full of blessings and also wish you that you hit the lotto and become rich so you can share half the price with me! :lol: just joking :joker:

Katie:
I have two C sections,the first one was made for an emergency b/c I had preclampsia and that was scary! I'm glad to hear that the :bb: is Ok and more happy to hear that grandma is doing well.The bra joke was really funny, bad Katie, bad!! Glad that you have a lot of fun b/c after everything you went trough this week you totally deserve it!

Lori:
You are right, I should be wicked like them and start doing crazy things!:crazy: :lol: Don't worry girls, me and DH have a surprise for them:gift:, payback is a b****.Like Sherry said what goes around comes around ;) Note apart that recipe sounds good!

Aggie:
Girl, I love dogs, I am dying to have a mini blue chinese shar-pei. I can't wait to have one, that is the dog of my dreams, I don't have nothing against pitbulls, but totally respect them, I completely agree that is the way that people raise the dog, if you raise the dog to be violent it is gonna be violent, but if you raise them to be a good dog it is gonna be a good dog, their dog is not too friendly, and what bothers me is that I have kids, the landlord order them to get rid of the dog but they think that they own the building.Anyway Your dog is beautiful! Wow, what a wonderful experience have to be to have the chance to study in a different country, especially Germany.

Sherry:
Good luck on your test tomorrow!

space99s1
04-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Good morning everyone!

Suzanne, congrats on making it into the next decade. Isn't that a great feeling? My next minigoal is to make it into the next lower decade by Easter Sunday. I'm not sure I'll make it though, because that is 6 pounds away and Easter is in two weeks. But, I won't beat myself up if I'm not and I'll likely (as long as I stick to the program) be within two pounds of it.

Katie...congrats on being an aunt. I didn't have C sections, though I probably should have for the 1st. He was 10 lbs, 1/2 ounce! He is now 14 1/2, about 6'2" and 200 pounds. The other two boys were 8/13 and 9/14 but I didn't need C-sections for them because the way had already been "paved" from the oldest..heh.

Boos...I apologize for missing this but how tall are you? When I was 165, I was a loose 12 and a snug 10 in jeans too. I am 5'9".

Aggie... Don't be embarassed about having a pit bull. Like people, it is how the animal is raised, in what kind of environment and how much love they receive that matters. One of my neighbors has a lab and it is one of the most frightening animals I've ever met....and labs are suppose to be "gentle". I have a dog, a border collie/terrier cross from the humane society. He is a nice dog and is my buddy. He is rather protective of me. LOL..we have three cats and he was "raised" by them...so he is a dog who thinks he is a cat. (The cat pictured is my youngest Siamese, about 1 year old...he is the dog's best buddy...so he is a cat who thinks he's a dog...a "Siamese dog", not a Siamese cat...lol)

Milca...You're a great inspiration and your posts always uplift my spirits. When I read your posts, I feel energized...just thought you'd like to know. Sorry about your neighbors. I live in a house but we've had occasional issues with the next door neighbor...mainly, his dog was attacking my dog, until he finally installed an underground electronic fence to contain his animal. They also had a tendency to be noisy, with the parties on the weekends. So I do sympathize...

lak_55119
04-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Goodmorning or is it good. Today I just want to rant:mad: The only weight I've lost seems to have come from brain matter. Evidently I had already put water in the coffe maker probably yesterday. then did it again this morning. Of course thats 2 pots full so one pot ended up on the counter:tantrum:
What a mess then the coffe was so weak I had to make a new pot. Mybe my body got up to let the dog out and my brain stayed in bed.
Mica maybe the neighbors need to mix the dog food up in your dryer:stir: :rofl:
Today it's pouring rain out so I guess I will have to clean my house since the cleaning fairy:wizard: doesn't know where I live. Gods protective coating (dust) is getting a little thick.
Katie
congrats on being an aunt and I'm glad your grandma is doing do much better. Boo
I love your dogs pic. I think I will put my dogs up until I find a decent pic of me.

space99s1
04-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Heh...Laurie, I love the new name for dust (God's protective coating).

Milca...I'm still laughing over the dog food and dryer comment. That's got to be the strangest thing I've ever heard...:?:

space99s1
04-02-2006, 10:44 AM
<Sigh>...Why can't this daylight savings time thing take place during the WEEK as opposed to the WEEKEND! I think its rotten we have to lose an hour of the weekend. Instead, they should move it to 4:00pm Eastern on a FRIDAY (so it becomes 5:00pm, quitting time). :D Sounds like a plan to me!

Repo girl
04-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Our neighbors who live across the street right next to my Grandma used to hassle us a lot. They would call the police all of the time because we had too many people parked at our house. We live at the very end of a dead end road, and they would call the cops because we were blocking off traffic? They even sent the police out here the day we blessed one of our babies because there were too many cars here. I told the officer the deal with them, and he went over and told them to stop calling. We did something pretty naughty to them one time too. They were having a family reunion at their house, and the day before they hung signs at the end of the road and on the main road the said "Jackman" (their last name) with balloons and arrows. Mysteriously during the night, all the signs had been changed to say "Jackass" or "Jackoff". Hmmmmm, wonder who would be so rude?

Aggie- I was off plan all day yesterday. This is a dumb excuse, but I have not bought groceries yet this weekend, and I am out of quite a few things that I need to be OP. Is your dog pure white? Very pretty. We have a Great Dane who is pure white, and he is so unique.

Sherry- Have fun studying.....NOT!

Milca- I promise if I win the lottery I will take us all on a 3FC LAWL cruise so that we can all meet!!! Have a great day!

Space- A catdog huh? He is probably better mannered due to his feline upbringing.

rad7775
04-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Space:
You are too sweet,:thanks::hug:Glad that I made you laugh, I love to laugh, I love to enjoy the positives and good things that life give us and I love to share them with everybody! :hug: Completely agree with the time change, Why do it between Saturday and Sunday I miss one hour of me time!Come on I need to relax! OH I forgot a dog with a feline side?? :D Isn't that cute!

Lak and space:
They sure use it to heat the dog food or maybe to dry her panties! I don't understand either the realtionship with the dryer and the dog food, just imagine my face when I was reading the note, I was like, what the :censored: f***#$%^$%&?:bomb:

Katie:
AHA!! Couldn't imagine who could do something like that??:chin: Let me guess :rofl:

rad7775
04-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Lak:
Forgot to mention love the picture of your dogs, I want a dog! :tantrum:

rad7775
04-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Katie:
A cruise HMMM! Let me think how this could be with all of us there:
:belly::carrot::D :dizzy::lol::lol3::joker:
:cb::cp::hat::dance::dancer::flow1::flame:
:woo::high::hyper::jeno::twirly::gossip::cheers:
:blah::crazy::cheer::rofl::cofdate::sunny::beach:
:drinkup:
At the end: :grouphug::callme:
Dh's while we are in the cruise: :kickcan::sumo::yikes::tired::faint:

dolphn545
04-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Milca, you are just too funny. You forgot the DH :tantrum: and :shrug: clueless while we are away on a cruise!

Instead of studying this a.m., I got to help my DH clean and rearrange the living room. (lucky me). I'm not too worried about tomorrow's test though. It's in the nursing skills, and I'm good at that. It's anatomy that's a b*****.
:nono:

Katie, it sounds like you had a good time yesterday. One day of being off plan doesn't screw everything up completely.

MTdebster921
04-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Suzanne- WooHoo great loss!! When I signed up and she was going through the book. She said that you can do carb cravers but you have to count them differently and if you want to do them you can ask. Probably a good thing I never really looked at them, cuz carbs are my weight downfall.

Boo- I hope that you are feeling better. Congrats also on getting into the smaller size. I can only dream of when I can fit into size 10.:cloud9:

Lori- Sorry about weigh in. Just think about when TOM is over, you will be well over the 20 lbs.

Milca- Sorry about your neighbors, they do sound like strange obnoxious people. Good luck with them girl. I'd be giving them some of their medicine back to them. I believe what Sherry said, what comes around goes around.

Katie- You are such a naughty girl...:s:

We also have two big labs and a 5 lb. miniature dauschaund. People get a kick out of it when we take all 3 for a walk together.

Sherry- have fun rearranging. My DH cringes when I get into that mood. He's not a big fan of change. He hates to go out of town for a couple of day because he is scared to what he will come home to, depending on what decorating bug I get at the time.

sznn
04-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Sunday Confessional Booth

I really detest this time change :mad: half of my Sunday has vanished!!

Went to a fondue party last night with the best intentions....but I indulged like a fiend - it was just so dam tasty.
It didn't stop there - out came the chocolate fondue - oh yes I really held back on that front - ya right.

Miracles do happen though - the scale is down 1 pd.
But I will be putting on my halo for the rest of the week, because I know those slip ups sneak up later.

Have a great Sunday all my fellow chicks.

-S

stiesta
04-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Okay, here's my time-change confessional. So most of you know we are moving to San Diego. My DH has already gone out there to start work, and will be home every other weekend or so. Which leaves me alone with the three kids. My DH has always traveled a lot with work, so I am used to him being gone on the weeknights. This is our first weekend alone, and it's been pretty tough. The kids were fighting, cross, and whiney all day yesterday. I HAD HAD IT! So at 4:00 I went all through the house and changed all the clocks ahead to 5:00. I fed them dinner (at 4, pretending to be 5) and put them to bed at 6:00 (really 5:00). Am I a bad mother or what? My kids are young and usually go to bed at 6:00 anyway, so I figured since the time change was coming in a few hours, why not have it come a few hours earlier. Well, they all fell asleep -- think they must have been tired (which accounts for some of the crankiness). And they slept until 6:00 this morning (normal wakeup time) so I can't complain.

Well, as I am basking in the glow of no children at 6:00 (really 5:00) I get a phone call from my pediatrician's office (never knew they were open that late on a Saturday!) telling me my oldest son's strep test came back positive. I had taken him in on Wednesday and figured since I hadn't heard, then we must be fine. Plus, he's not acting sick at all. And of course we have spent the last 2 days at every park, playground, and public place possbile (took them to the movies even) and have probably spread our germs abroad. My apologies to anyone we infect!

Anyway, not too great of a weekend, but hopefully this time away will go fast. :mad:

Christie

lak_55119
04-02-2006, 01:55 PM
mmmmm How to count chocolate fondu I know all fruit and dairy if you use milk chocolate. :nono: Ok maybe not. Suzanne I'm with you I detest the time change why can't they just leave it alone. :tantrum:
I am dreading tomorrow when I try to get up at five am I'll have to double my coffee :coffee2: :coffee2: just to get going. Then when we turn the clocks back the dogs will still want to get up early. :dizzy: :dizzy:

pinkflamingo68
04-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Good Morning everybody. Just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a happy Sunday - don't have loads of time but I sending good vibes to all of you!!

lak-Your dogs are so cute! Is that a springer in the front?

Ange

Boo'sMom
04-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi all--

Katie--bad girl!!--too funny though. Funny thing about Boo--she NEVER barks and we fully expected her to. She finds other ways to annoy us though. She's whining at the door right now b/c the girls are having a picnic in the front yard and don't want her out there--poor baby. Hope you enjoyed your day (and being off plan) because I know you will get right back on track. I think an occasional indulgence helps with sanity.

Space--I'm 5'6--would give anything for some of your height!! Stretch out some of the lbs.

I hate losing to the time change--after 10 years in Arizona (no time change--ever) it's weird. That's all anyone talked about in sunday school so I guess it's a big deal.

Lak and Debbie--love the pooches! Debbie--I feel better today--thanks--now tomorrow at WI may be another story--I promise to TRY not to complain too much though!

All this housecleaning talk is making me sleepy--I need my sunday nap! My house is AWFUL right now--I am really bad--when I worked full time a housekeeper was my gift to myself--now I have no job and no excuse for a messy house--UGH. It really is on my plan for tomorrow--when everyone is GONE!

Sign me up for the cruise--what a blast we would all have.

Sherry--good luck on your test!

S--did you have to mention fondue while I am TOM and TO???? Agony!!! JK--hope it was fun.

Christie--sorry about all the time without DH--even when they drive us crazy they are nice to have around! LOL. Hey--whatever works with the kids--you desreve so "me time" and the one with strep probably needed the extra hour.

Time for my Nascar naptime--love the races but the engine buzz and round and round puts me out!

hkychik
04-02-2006, 02:55 PM
What a bunch of doggie people we are!http://www.geocities.com/fire_godess_e35/dog.gif

We currently have a black lab named Raider. He's a really good dog, except for the digging. I am threatening to cut off his feet if he doesn't stop. (the kids :fr: out at this everytime I mention it!)

Aggie, I used to have a pit bull. He was a super dog. Once I had to leave the house in a hurry for a fire call and left him all alone with a steak on the coffee table (oh, to be single again and do stuff like that!). I came back 6 hours later and the steak was still there - along with a large puddle of drool on the floor! I had to get rid of him after I got married - he was old and didn't adjust well to the move and not being the only man in my life, and started going after the neighbor's sheep. Bad dog! Pits just don't deserve the bad repuation. I've seen poodles meaner than my PB ever was.

Chocolate fondue? Oh, yum!

Christie, I wish I had thought of doing that with my kids! That's not being a bad mom, that practical parenting!

God's protective covering? HA!! Too funny! I had to sweep down my Halloween decorations before all my company came last week - didn't think EMIL would appreciate all the cobwebs.

Katie, got that cruise booked yet? Color me there!http://www.geocities.com/fire_godess_e35/vacation.gif

slimmerKim
04-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi gals -

I went in last Thursday after being completely off plan (let's just say I'm ready to strangle the girl scouts LOL). I went in and they think I'm ready to start stabilization,but there's no way I can do it after a 3 lbs gain (and that's after a 2 lbs gain 2.5 weeks ago). So I've gained almost 6 lbs on my month binge. BADBADBAD and I can feel it too - my nice fitting 6s are snug again.

So I bought 5 more weeks in hopes of losing 8.4 lbs. I went back yesterday (Saturday) and had lost 2.2 so I had a lot of water, I suppose. Today is a challenge b/c we're having a suprise party here and I have already eaten too many Sun Chips and the guests haven't even arrived yet :( I'm making myself go back in on Tuesday.

Some day I'll get to maintenance.....

hkychik
04-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Ok, here it is for a brief appearance! My avatar is now a pix of me at my son's baseball game. Figured I could do something different now that hockey season is over.

Denise Wilson
04-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey Chicks,
I hope everyone is well...I have to admit i'm having a hard time focusing and staying on track. Like i'll start off a day good but by the afternoon/evening i'm like "whatever" and having something totally off plan. Luckly up until now haven't gained since i've continued to do periodic workouts (yoga & tae-bo) but it's like everyday i'm slipping more and more.

Can anyone give me some advice on how they deal w/ slips or get remotivated? Help!

yoga_gurl
04-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Total time change disaster! I agree with all y'all. We don't have a minister at church right now so my partner and I are helping out with the services. Today we were to run the show, including being there at 9:30 am to let the band in. (We had an all music service) I got up at 8:30 am, and made coffee. Fortunately turned on the tv, which showed the time as 9:30 am. I just stood there dumbfounded. Then it dawned on me and I ran around in circles for a minute, trying to decide what to do next. Finally got my brain in gear and ran, yes ran, up the stairs to tell my partner. We threw our clothes on, no time for a shower, grabbed coffee and a Luna bar and drove 80 mph all the way to church. When we got there, no one was there. We panicked, thinking maybe the band forgot the stupid time change, too, but they arrived about 10 minutes later. They were a little peeved because they were there at 9:30 am, but we weren't so the building was locked, so they left and came back. The service actually started on time, so it all turned out ok, but holy cow! Damn Ben Franklin and his freaking day light savings time!

We love dogs, too. We have a German Sheppard, an aussie/sheltie, and a small black dog (total heinz 57!), and we also have 4 cats, so it's a zoo at our house.

I seem to be stalled in the weight loss arena right now. Probably because I started exercising. I found a new drink mix that is really good. It's like the crystal light individual servings for water bottles. It's made by Lipton, and it's green tea with fruit flavors (cherry, raspberry, honey lemon) sweetened with splenda. It's full of anti-oxidants, so I think much better for me than crystal light. Helps me get my water in.

Kristi

Boo'sMom
04-02-2006, 04:05 PM
SlimmerKim--have faith in yourself--we sure do--so you slipped and gained a few--you now have the knowledge to get them back off--good luck and have fun at your party--tomorrow is another day!!

Lori--you are a doll!! DO NOT remove your photo--I love your smile--your kiddos are so lucky to have such a fun mom.

Denise--we all slip--be glad you haven't gained--that's a victory in itself. Look how far you've already come. Plan your full day early (I HAVE to or I will blow it) and plan your lite/luna and maybe some fruit at that time of day where you tend to slip--maybe that will get you through. That is my worst time, too, so I totally understand.

Kristi--Oh No!! Sounds like it all worked out anyway--silly DST, today was a lesson in patience for your congregation. See, you can spin it to a sermon. Thanks for the heads up on the Lipton--I love AZ diet green tea so I will definitely look for it. Love those little convenient packs!

yoga_gurl
04-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Milca,
I think you're justified in your frustration! Dealing with neighbors can be really tough. I had one that used to call the police on my dogs all the time. They barked sometimes, and got out a couple of times. She actually filed a complaint and said that my "large vicious mutt dogs" tried to attack her. At the time I had 2 small very friendly dogs, who were probably trying to get petted. When the police officer came to my house and saw my dogs he started laughing cause he couldn't believe her description of them.

Maybe it would help if you and DH spoke up more? I know sometimes I keep quiet just to be nice, but get walked on and just get madder and madder. What's their last name, maybe Repo Girl can come up with something clever for their mailbox!

Kristi

rad7775
04-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Christie:
Girl I'm sorry but you made me laugh with the idea of the time and the clock, That's not been a bad mother, that's been smart, I wish my kids fall sleep that early, they usually fall sleep between 7:30 to 8:30, and take a nap during the day.

Lori:
Finally you put your pretty picture, is so nice to see you!:hug:

Ange:
Hey girl! :D

Boo'smom:
Girl enjoy your nap...:cloud9: NAP that is a word that sounds so far for me since my kids are up, and when they are taking their afternoon nap I have to cook and do a lot of stuff!

Slimmerkim:
Good luck in your process to reach stabilization! The good thing is that you don't give up!

Dennise:
Girl, sorry that you're having a hard time. If you think that in the afternoon you feel more hungry than in the morning, have something light in the morning like a fruit, a cup of coffee, tea something that get your body started but at the same time help you save more food for the afternoon. I have notice that I feel more hungry in the afternoon than in the morning and what I do is that for breakfast I have an orange or 12 strawberries or a yogurt, then at mid am I eat a LA bar, see, I still have food for the afternoon that is the time of the day that I feel more hungry. I hope this could help you!:hug:

Kristy:
Looks like we all become crazy for this time change!

yoga_gurl
04-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Denise,
I agree with Boo. Make a plan early, and make sure you have plenty of good snacks, for those tempatation moments. I'm a candy junky, so I always have sf gum and mints and a Luna for those moments of OMG. I'm a veg, so I've learned to bring my own food to parties, etc., that way I know I will get what I need and not be tempted. Most importantly, give yourself a break. We all struggle sometimes, and do better others. You can do this! Do you have a short-term goal with a reward? That may help you get motivated. I practice yoga, and it teaches that the first step to weight loss is accepting ourselves as we are right now.

Good luck, we are all behind you!

Kristi

Bobby18
04-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Lak - If the cleaning fairy ever stops by, please send them my way as well. I spent yesterday cleaning and know that I appreciate my DH's help more know that I had. It goes so much quicker when we clean together.

Katie - I think that it would be great to hang out with you. You always have so much fun - I miss those days! I will hope for you to win the lotto - 3FC LAWL cruise sounds fabulous!

Milca - You are a treat to listen to (i.e. read).

Debbie - Carbs have always been my downfall too, so I wasn't sure why they were giving me ideas as to how to increase my carb intake each day. I think that it is nice to have CC's for those times when they are needed - they give us more choices as to what we can have while out and still stay OP.

Christie - You were quite inventive with the time change. If you can use it to your advantage, why not? :hugs: We are here for you during this time.

Lea Ann - I can't believe you just said that NASCAR puts you to sleep. I have a heck of a time staying awake during the race - I need to keep myself busy (currently reading 3FC on the laptop). One of our friends took a picture of mee sleeping in the stands at the Coke 600 2 years ago. Imagine falling asleep at a NASCAR race - who would have thought with all of the noise. I find it quite soothing :) .

Kristi - That Lipton drink mix sounds really good. I will keep my eyes open for it, but think it will be a while before it makes it to Canada. It will be on my list of things to look for in NC.

Today is a quiet day at our house. We've been watching the NASCAR race since 1:30. Today is laundry day, so I need to finish that. My only other goal for the day is to get back on my elliptical - I was good Mon. to Weds. but haven't been back on since. I can't exercise too late at night as it gives me too much energy, so Thurs. and Fri. were out sine we didn't get home until after 8:00. There are no excuses today though.

I find that during the race is one of my worst times for eating. We like to have snacks, but they generally aren't healthy. We had the rest of the fajitas I made yesterday for lunch and I might some some sunflower seeds after for a snack. I will stay OP though - I REFUSE to see those 8s again. I still need to get the whole BM thing figured out - I know this is another reason the weight doesn't keep going down. My body needs to start working properly. UGH!

Have a great day chickies!

rad7775
04-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Kristy:
Girl, You are right in some way we should have told them something already, but me and DH don't want problems, but don't worry we do have something for them, I don't want to post it yet until is done but you all certainly going to enjoy it, you will see who is gonna have the last laugh! I allways believe in KARMA... hehehehe!

Boo'sMom
04-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Suzanne--we must be soul sisters! It is sooo soothing and the fact that my niece took my girls to the movies--so peaceful around here! DH would love to go to ANY race, just never has worked out. We are going to do the Darlington tour when we are there--not quite them same but hey. I have to nap or I will want to eat. TO hasn't been bad. I'm not hungry--I get bored and just LIKE to eat.--hey that's what I'll add to the other thread. On a side note--I'm with you on the body functions (TMI!) but I have not been "regular" since we started--UGH. Something else for me to blame I guess.

Kristi--great new photo!

space99s1
04-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Milca,

I don't like confrontation either but sometimes it really is good to speak up. Two summers ago, my next door neighbors, who already had 2 dogs, got another dog..a Newfoundland/ Lab cross. This dog was as big as a small cow and absolutely hated my dog. Now, my dog at one time would dash out the door and run off every chance he got (putting on a storm door helped stop that) but he never bit anyone...he was just impossible to catch.

Well, the neighbors were not controlling their animals, particularly the big dog who would come to my yard and bare his teeth, growling at my dog on the other side of our back yard. My dog would growl back...they obviously disliked each other. One day, we were repairing the fence and my dog found his opportunity and dashed through the open area...only to be confronted with the neighbors big dog. The neighbor's dog was on my property, waiting for my dog. My dog ended up with five puncture wounds in the back. The neighbor assured me that they would pay for the vet bill....and he promised to put up a fence.

Two months later, no check for the vet bill, no fence and while DH was walking my dog down our own driveway, the neighbors dog went after mine and attacked him again. Another trip to the vet, though, this time he was lucky and wasn't badly hurt.

So, I had nearly $300 in vet bills. I presented the bill to the neighbor. He felt that since HIS dog was injured (heh, my 30 lb dog took out a chunk of this 150 animal's leg requiring 30 stitches..) and it cost him nearly $1000, he thought we were even.

Uh...how did he figure that? I told him I was sorry my "little dog" hurt his but the fact remained his animal was on my property and had not been controlled. I pointed out that any small claims court would back me up. About 10 minutes later, his son brought a check over...then, the next day, someone came out and installed the fence. Yes, the neighbors were extremely icy, not speaking to use, not waving, etc, for the rest of the summer.

But..they got over it.

Standing our ground, drawing the line and not backing down, in this case helped in the long run. The dog is contained.

However, my dog is still spooked to go out. For a long time, he was hesistant to go out, even in the fenced in area....and he didn't like walks either. He is much better now but it took him awhile to get over it...

stiesta
04-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Milca, I am on pins and needles waiting for your revenge, girl....keep us posted! :chin:

Yoga, LOL at you running in circles before heading off to church...don't know why, but the mental picture of that just made me laugh. I'm sure it wasn't quite as literal as my imagination has created, but still it entertained me, so thanks.

Lori -- leave the pic...so nice to have a face with the name!

Denise, don't give up. I am the same way with the afternoon/evening trip off the wagon. Dust yourself off girlfriend, and plan a strategy to avoid it. I like to plan my whole day the night before. That way I don't wake up and feel wishy-washy at breakfast, then blow it. For me, if I don't plan ahead, that's when I go looking for "bites" that turn into binges.

Kim, hang in there, chickie. You are our inspiration! You will get back to where you want to be and lead the way for us!

All you doggie folks out there, I am so jealous. My son is severely allergic to dogs, so that is not an option for us. We tried going the labradoodle way (found one online) but it turned out to be only 1/4 poodle and we had to give it back after 3 days. All my kids sobbed for hours and I don't think I can go through that again, even for one more hypoallergenic. I am such a dog person, grew up with them, wish I could have one!

Sherry -- good luck on the test.

Have a great night, all!

Christie

P.S. Katie...BAD girl!!!! LMAO at the idea of you sneaking around vandalizing! :)

LadyIzzy
04-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Hello Chickies, just a quick driveby to say HAPPY APRIL.

Catch you later

Repo girl
04-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi Guys!!

Kristi- Great new pic! Did you come home with a sunburn?

Christie- You are a brilliant mother, and thank you so much for helping my realize that I can feed my kids and put them to bed in an hour!! Yahoooooo!

Milca- Can't wait to see what you are doing, you sneaky little chickie!!

Lori- Love your picture!!

Suzanne- Somehow there is never a dull moment around here. My cousin used to say that coming to our house was like walking into a sitcom. I spent my growing up years in trouble all the time at church for laughing too much with my friends. Have you ever done that silent laugh where you are shaking and can't breathe, and cannnot stop no matter what threat you are faced with? Yoga Gurl knows. We have both been guilty of bouts inappropiate laughing at church over the years. And other places...weddings, funerals, mission farewells, school, I could go on. I really have no self respect at all...

Well I had the ultimate embarrassment today. We went out for breakfast, and I am sitting there eating a bunch of naughty stuff, and guess who comes in the restaurant and is seated right next to us? My favorite LAWL counselor and her DH. I could have died. She was very friendly and said I was looking great, but I can't even guess what she must have been thinking. I have got to get ahold of myself. Tomorrow is a new day. Dang good thing, too.

So DH bought us our Easter gifts early. We went to Walmart and bought all 5 of us new bikes. Mine is so nice. I am amazed at how hard it was to ride. My legs were SCREAMING at me. I am thrilled to have another way to exercise. The little girls look so cute with their helmets on with their little pink bikes with training wheels.

lak_55119
04-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Bobby
I had problems with the bm thing started taking a super omega 3 from Walmart 3 times a day and that has pretty much solved the problem. My Dr said with all the fruits and veggies it was normal to have problem. Who would think with all the fiber things would stop :dunno:

Bobby18
04-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Katie - New bikes sound great. I haven't been on mine in years - this year it may become an alternative means of activity.

Kristi - Like Katie said, great new picture. I like that this one is much closer.

Lak - Thanks for the advice. I did buy the EFAs from LAWL and have been taking those for a few days. If they don't do the trick I will try the Super Omega 3s. I never intended on buying the EFAs again, but wanted to have the bottle for comparison shopping. I also bought their SlimDown shakes for the same reason. It looks like the Slim Fast Omega shakes (thanks Deets) and both the Wal-Mart and Superstore brands are very similar in nutritional info. Much cheaper too - less than $10 for 6, instead of $16.99 for 4 :eek:

Denise Wilson
04-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Ladies thanx for all the advice...I've always had a problem planning ahead but that does seem to be the key 'cause when I do I definitely do better. Part of the reason i finally decided to get on the program is that i wanted to focus on me, i'm on of those do for everyone else first and then whatever is left over for me. The kids, DH, work and i finally came to realize with the help of you "chicks" (especially you Repo) that by taking care of me i am taking care of them. So I need to do right, which is to get right back on track. Thank you all for the much needed encouragement and advice. Monday is the beginning of a new week and i'm gonna do the juice and re-focus!

Repo girl
04-02-2006, 11:02 PM
I am right there with you Denise. Starting fresh tomorrow!

rad7775
04-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Hi girls:
Space:
WOW, girl those people are some real a****les. You did the right thing! You now what I am gona do something nice for you I will send you my neighbors,:lol: just kidding!:hug: We are gonna speak, and trust me they are gonna listen... I don't gonna give more details until everything is done but I promise you are gonna be the first ones to know! HEHEHE! ;) Thanks girls for your support and for being so nice to me, I am very fortunate to have you guys :grouphug:

Katie:
:rofl: about the counselor eating next to you! Is like you have your mind set up on that omelette and when you look to your side the LAWL counselor looking at you like this:drill: Don't worry girl I went today to Old country buffet, stayed like 75% on the plan, but as you said tomorrow is another day--Is so nice about the bikes, I am not good riding bikes, I would love to learn more!

Kristy:
Love your new picture, you look very pretty!

Bre:
Nice to see you, even though is just to said a quick hello.

Dennise:
Girl, wish you the best,I think that sometimes we really stop taking care of ourselves and start taking care of others, wich is a beautiful thing, but as you said we have to take care of ourselves b/c in a way we are taking care of them too.

yoga_gurl
04-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Katie,
You are so busted! :nono: That is way too funny!:crazy: And to think it is usually your kids who are the LAWL police.

Thanks for all the compliments on my new pic, the other one is old.

Have a nice night ladies.

:yoga: Kristi

dolphn545
04-03-2006, 06:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

:goodvibes: :goodvibes: to everyone who has WI today! I'm not starting TO today. Still not sure about the V8 tropical blend, and I have no oranges or cantaloupe in my house!

Katie - that is just too funny about your LAWL counselor being at the same restaurant as you! I would have died! Everybody has their slip ups, and I'm sure they have too, but just for the thought of the ... lecture ... that may come at next WI.
Jealous about the new bikes too! That's something that I want, but haven't told my DH yet. (Figured I should wait a couple weeks or so, he just paid for my LAWL, got a new computer, looking for a new car, and have furniture ordered - before I ask for anything new.)

Milca - can't wait to see your revenge! :devil:

Yoga - love the new pic.

Gotta run - will check in later!

SyracuseNY
04-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Hi everyone. Just dropped in to say hello. Love all the pictures of everyone. I'm still holding my own as far as staying the same. I don't know what has gotten into me. I just can't seem to say OP 100% lately. I want to, but I keep giving in. Anyone have any tips or motivational things that can get in back ontrack? My 10 lb goal by my BD is not going to happen since it's at the end of the month and so far, the scale is not moving in the downward direction. I've been searching for the trick that will get me back ontrack, but haven't found it. Maybe if I post here again, and get support from you all - I can do it again.

Hugs to everyone. Still playing catch up. Will try to post more often.

Sy

rad7775
04-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Good morning girls: :coffee:

Sherry:
:goodluck: in your test today!

Syracouse:
:hug:Girl, we all have our slips, but the important thing is stand up and keep going. Don't give up, the past is the past, don't tortoure yourself thinking on what you did. Start fresh, don't let your mind distract you from what your heart really wants. You started this program for a reason, sit down write that reasons in the paper and post it on your fridge or in a place where you can see them everyday, to keep you motivated. You know you can do this, :cheer: Come on! :grouphug: :

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Good morning chickies and Happy April!! Wow - you girls did some serious chatting this weekend! I'm trying to catch up, but I've only made it to page 3/7!!!!

I'm doing good - I decided to start with a fresh mind today. I"ve been so concerned and aggrevated with the scale - that I decided to just let all those frustrations out - and start over today!! New month - new me!! My mini goal will be to lose 5 lbs before my anniversary - that will also get me into a new decade - I know I can do this!!! I've been following blue and it seems to have started the scale moving just slightly!!!

I will do personals later if I get a chance!

lak_55119
04-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Goodmorning everyone.
Sy I started a wl graph and posted it on my refrigerator it helps me close the door and stay focused. :goodluck:
Mica I can't wait to hear the results. I do wonder if their dryer is working? What other reason could there be for them to take your clothes out. If you get a chance check theirs :mag:
Katie
That is just too funny. Hopefully the counselor remembers to err is human. We can't all be :angel: all the time.
:yikes: I forgot my coffee at home. Now I will have to buy some out of the machine:stress: :tantrum: :rollpin: It is just too early to try to get lunch made and get my butt out the door by 6:15 in the morning with daylight ......
Hope everyone has a good day.

Bobby18
04-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Katie - I bet your LAWL counsellor made much better choices since you were sitting beside her/him. I wonder what she/he would've ordered had the situation been reversed and you came in after?

Today are the days that frustrate me on this program. I was POP all weekend and the scale was up 1 lb. this morning - back into the dreaded 8s I never wanted to see again. I know in my head that it's because of no BM for a few days, but my heart just sees the number. I was going to weigh today, but won't unless my body starts functioning this morning. I was back on the elliptical last night, so I made 4/7 days - this week my goal is 5/7.

Boo'sMom
04-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Okay--I WI later this morning--running behind today. DH is home--he's bummed, he has jury duty on his birthday! HAHA. He's jealous of the time I spend with you guys so I waited til he got in the shower--so sneaky LOL. Don't want to WI because my scales say the same thing they said last Monday morning--which (I hope b/c of TO) is better than it said later in the week--I've never been up 2-3 pre-cycle but this past week was weird. I'm going to try to not let today's WI get to me and hope that next week I am back on track. My Mom says I am stressing myself out and stress makes you hold on to weight, too--anyone heard that?? I am actually glad I am not subbing today--errands and housework need me more.

Okay--NEW motivation to stay POP & start exercising. In-laws called last night and want to set up a family portrait for Memorial weekend--the WHOLE famn damily and seeing how one cousin has lost over 50 with LAWL and in-laws have lost 35 & 60 I am probably (currently) the biggest gal on that side of the family!! The cousin is deceptive looking though--from the waist up she is TINY, bottom down not so much--meanie I am. But, really, in the photo who will see it! ANYWAY--like our trip to Arizona and Mrytle Beach wasn't enough, THIS is a permanent family treasure and I want to look GREAT! So ride my butt about exercising!!

Talk to ya'll later! Gotta get dressed so I can get my WI over with--so I can eat breakfast!! Was is Shennie who once said shave your legs, trim your toenails--anything for those few ounces of loss!! Miss her!!

Repo girl
04-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Boos- I miss Shennie too. Where are you girlfriend?

Sy- Good to see you. I am struggling like you are lately. It is like, since it hit my 50 lb mark, I have gotten lazy about staying OP. I am going to do TO today and tomorrow to get rid of all of the sodium and cravings, then I am going to set a mini goal to stay POP for a week. I've come so far, not sure why I am hellbent on ruining that, but I have got to get some control right now. Good luck!

HeatherPP- Hey chickie, did you have a good weekend?

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-03-2006, 09:54 AM
HeatherPP- Hey chickie, did you have a good weekend?

Katie - Yes girl - I had such a wonderful weekend. We took Savannah to get her 2 year pics made on Saturday and she did absolutely wonderful!!! I couldn't have ask for a better portrait session!! I spent some $$$$ too - Went and bought her some Spring and Summer outfits - I had alot, but mostly tank tops - so I wanted a few more shirts - came home with shirts, shorts, pajamas, shoes.....She really racked up.

Sunday - we did some more shopping ( I got some new Perfume) and a jacket to match one of my cozy outfits that I tore a few weekends ago playing with the dogs......
and then took Savannah to the park - it was absolutely beautiful - about 76 and sunny - no humity!!! Wow - she had so much fun - very big day for her!!!

I noticed you were going to take the family to a park yesterday yourself? Did you guys go? I haven't caught up on all the posts yet/

stiesta
04-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Katie - Megan and I are doing TO today, too...misery does love company!

Bobby18
04-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Lea Ann - It is true that stress causes some people to hold on to weight. My Dr. once told me that when I was complaining about not being able to lose weight - stress is a factor. Some people lose weight, but there are others (like us) who gain. Best of luck with WI today.

rad7775
04-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Suzanne:
I have heard that stress cause you to hold on some weight and also not getting enough sleep cause you gain some weight too.

I was going to do TO but is too early for me I did it last week, so for all the TO'ers :stress: partners in pain :cheer: Hang in there!

Dairy Fairy
04-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Ugh...I'm under a lot of stress right now, so maybe that is why I can't break into the 160s. I've also had the same issue as you Suzanne...

I'm so tired of being on Gold. I really feel like I am in a rut...Lite for bf, dairy fruit smoothie for snack, p,s,f for lunch, lite for snack, p,s,v,v,v for dinner. UGH! It's the best way I can think to get protein at each meal. I really need to try eating a light for lunch and start doing a real breakfast.

Ok, for you AI fans, I had a dream I was on the show and Taylor Hicks had a crush on me. I think it was because I was joking with DH about how I was turning into Taylor's twin with all the gray hair on my head. I'm in my 20s, but you can see it from about 6 feet away...huge patches. I have several family members who were completely whiteheaded by their 30s, so I'm thinking I am headed for the same fate...

Dairy Fairy
04-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Suzanne, I never had cavities until I started this new, really stressful job a few years back. I got like 3 at once. The dentist told me stress can actually cause you to get cavities because your overall immunity is weakened. Probalby doesn't relieve your stress to hear that, does it :lol:

Boo'sMom
04-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Great-now I can add stress to my list of reason for not losing! LOL. Life goes on. I know if I continue being OP one day I will wake up 10 lbs lighter--I WISH.

Poor DH got a newer gal on Friday and she totally nitpicked his diary. I am proud of the fact he keeps one! Anyway, he's lost 30 lbs and she starts telling him what he's doing wrong! What can be wrong with 30 lbs in 13 weeks?!?! I said just smile and nod. Whatever.

Realy--gotta get ready--you guys are addicting. It's a wonder I get anything done anymore!!

angelica1674
04-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Good morning!

How was everyones weekend? Milca you made me laugh with you dog food and dryer story! You are one funny chickie! You must be a hoot to be around.

Katie~ I did the same thing around the 50 pound mark. Dont worry it will pass. It took me a few weeks though.

I am doing this 6 week plan. I went to the yahoo groups for LAWL to see the plan they had of of the internet in their files. Well I found this 6 week plan I started.I am hoping I do good on it. I am only 12 pounds from goal. I hit the 70 pound mark yestreday.Whoohooo.

For a NSV, I bought some capri pants that were mediums!! I also bought some that were 8's. They fit really comfy. I was so excited. I think I am going to try to get to a size 6 comfortably and thats where I'll stay.I dont think I need to be too much smaller with my height. So, I am going to lopse my 12 and then maybe 10-20 more.

We had a tornado come through are town last night. I dont know if it touched down or what but it uprooted trees all over are neighborhood,ripped roofs off. It ripped the siding off of the whole side of my house.It blew out my front window. It was really scary, we had to rush to the basement. It was a mess everywhere. This HUGE weeping willow across the street from me was totally uprooted and was laying in the street all the way to my sidewalk. It was really sad cause it was such a pretty tree. I always looked at it when I mowed my grass and thought "what a pretty tree". Guess I gotts go home tonight and start the cleanup proccess.

Good Day chickies!! POP :)

rad7775
04-03-2006, 10:27 AM
To all my girls that today feel that is gonna be hard to stay on the plan or that they did some :devil: things and got busted by the LAWL counselors, or like me that was like 75% on the plan and don't want to talk about the other 25%, and for the ones that were :angel:, for the TO:stress: partners in pain,
THIS IS FOR ALL OF US:

:dust: :grouphug::cheers::cp::jig::belly:
:wave::spin::bravo::cp::joker::hat:
:dance::flow1::dancer::woo::goodvibes:
:high::hyper::twirly::balloons::encore:
:cheer::cheers:

COME ON MY FRIENDS!! HERE IS SOME ENERGY TO KEEP OUR MINDS POSITIVES!

rad7775
04-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Angelica:
We heard about that yesterday night in the news, You live around that area? I hope that nothing happen to your house or your family.

Rebeca
04-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Hellow Chickies! I finally got done readign everything!

Rad and MT. Thanks for the complements! Its good to see that people think we make a good couple after all that has been going on! Its encouraging us to try harder! I always been in love with his big blue eyes... I told him we would have 20 kids but at least one of them will have to have his eyes!

Boo. where is your pic??? I miss it!!! Its soo good to put a face to a nickname!

I woke up this morning thinking about working out put i am sooo sore from the weekend that i could barely get myself up on time to go to work. Daytime savings its really hard on me since i have sooo much going on. Yesterday I worked out for 2 hours, went to wash my car, then helped my dad move his office carrying tables and chair up and down the stares (he is on the second floors of both buildings). I was so restless when i came home. THen DH came home at 2 am woke me up... then you know... i didnt get back to bed until 4am woke up at 7 to be at work by 8... I am soooo tired!

The scale hasnt been very nice... it says 183.2! Not too happy about it but i havent really been hungry lately. I had only one meal fri, only 2 sat and 2 sun. I am jsut not hungry! I had a LA bar this mornign so i could get somehting on my stomach! I have been very stressed out lately and maybe that is why i cant lose weight as easy as other people. I have a pretty hectic life... work from 8 until 5 college from 5:45 until 9:30 then on weekends i work on the newspaper and get a little bit of stuff done... that doesnt even include my workout!

THATS ENOUGH FOR NOW! I hope all of us have a great month will lots of weight loss and emotional gains!

green0923
04-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Oh my goodness! It's April 3, and already 8 pages!!! You ladies have been busy!

I hate that I am now so busy at work that I rarely have time to even post, let alone read the others. So for now, please forgive my "rude" lack of personals. I promise to try to catch up.

Also, I am sick, so I know I promised to post a pic of me in my avatar, but until my red nose disappears, I am holding off.

I WI today, and was down 2.2 since Friday! Woo hoo! That puts me at 42.4 lbs! Yay! I have already met my Easter goal. I'll put a new goal up tomorrow, but for today, I want to see my goal met for a day!

All right, ladies! Have a POP day!

juliemarie
04-03-2006, 10:54 AM
I heard something last week about a study on overweight women and one of the common factors that overweight women had was that they were always taking care of others and not ever putting themselves first. Women who were thin took made sure to take care of themselves-whether it was making time to exercise, take a bath to relax, or take the time to make themselves healthy meals.

So when you're telling yourself you're too busy to cook or exercise, you're telling yourself that everything else is more important than YOU!

Just something to think about . . . .

Repo girl
04-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks Milca!! I really needed that.

Heather- Sounds like you did have a great weekend. We ended up buying new bikes and riding around on our street. My bike is so cool. I was going to get up and take a big ride this morning, but thanks to daylight savings it was pitch black outside at 6:00 am. I am really close to TOM, and my boobs are really really tender, so BL and jogging are out until further notice. Maybe I will just do some weight training later today and call it good.

Angelica- How scary is that! Holy cow, I can't imagine that, and you are so calm. BTW congrats on the 70 lbs. If we lived closer, I would take you out for a salad!

MetalChic
04-03-2006, 11:03 AM
I heard something last week about a study on overweight women and one of the common factors that overweight women had was that they were always taking care of others and not ever putting themselves first. Women who were thin took made sure to take care of themselves-whether it was making time to exercise, take a bath to relax, or take the time to make themselves healthy meals.

So when you're telling yourself you're too busy to cook or exercise, you're telling yourself that everything else is more important than YOU!

Just something to think about . . . .

I believe it...

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Angelica - what kind of 6 week plan are you talking about - please do share

Repo girl
04-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Erin- I just had to add that you are amazing. This is truly the diet for you isn't it? 4 lb a week average, you are obviously doing something right. WTG!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Katie - I can't wait to start riding bikes with Savannah - I'm just now trying to get her to figure out that pushing the pedals moves the tricycle!!! It is just too cute!

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Erin - Wow - way to go !!! You are doing wonderful!!!

Rebeca
04-03-2006, 11:10 AM
I am having a analytical morning: This kick about loving your body and doing things for yourself to make you feel healthier and blah blah blah is all true! BUT? Have you guyz thought about someone loving themselves way too much just how they are and they do not feel bad about themselves even though they are overweight!

No need to respond--- just too much cafeinne this morning...

stiesta
04-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Julie -- that study sounds so interesting.

Katie -- so jealous of you tottin around on your new bike! That is something I have really wanted to get into for a while. I am an avid runner, but think that biking would work different muscles than running does, and so would help all around. I'd need to get one with a trailer or a bike seat, as DD (only age 4) would be no fun trying to keep up with her puny little legs! My boys (age 8 and 6) would be great...and we have an 11-mile bike trail at the end of our street...I think I'm going shopping for a bike!

Heather -- sounds like you and Savannah had a great weekend. It does make me so happy that spring is peeking her out out finally! We had great weather over the weekend, too.

All the other friends -- have a good POP day! I am 1/4 of the way through TO...who else is suffering with me?

Christie

Repo girl
04-03-2006, 11:36 AM
I am!! So far so good!

Denise Wilson
04-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Hope everyone one is well...Started TO this morning and I'm gonna go WI today. Wish me luck, I'll need it!
Repo- I'm totally gonna get a bike, that's how i lost weight before. When I was 19 my sister got married and I was the maid of honor and you know i had to look good! So i got a bike and rode at least 4x a week sometimes everyday and in 2 months or so lost 30 lbs. But then again i was 19 and had no kids, things don't bounce back like they used to. I love to ride since it's easy on the knees and Coney Island beach is about 8 miles away and I used to ride there chill out on the board walk for a bit and then ride back, it ws very relaxing. So now that it's starting to get warm it'll be perfect!

rad7775
04-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Erin:
I hope you get well soon, you are such an inspiration, Congrats on your loss!

Katie and Heatherpp:
This weekend sounds really fun for you guys! I hope that my son learn how to ride his bike without the training wheels, I can't wait to take a picture of him with his curls riding a bike.

Rebecca:
I know you said no need to respond, I love myself the way I am, been overweight or been skinny is not a guarantee of happiness! There are many skinny people in this world that are not happy or don't love themselves and there are a lot of people that are overweight that feel really happy with themselves, and also there is a lot of peopler that need to lose weight to feel happy because is a personal satisfaction that they need to do, the thing is that is all about diversity and I think diversity is a beautiful thing in this world! ;)

MetalChic
04-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Rebecca:
I know you said no need to respond, I love myself the way I am, been overweight or been skinny is not a guarantee of happiness! There are many skinny people in this world that are not happy or don't love themselves and there are a lot of people that are overweight that feel really happy with themselves, and also there is a lot of peopler that need to lose weight to feel happy because is a personal satisfaction that they need to do, the thing is that is all about diversity and I think diversity is a beautiful thing in this world! ;)

Amen! I have had ppl on here before laugh at me because I've also said that being skinny doesn't make you pretty either. There are alot of overweight pretty people. And I do believe alot more ugly skinny people!

Gamababa3
04-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Katie congrats on the new baby in your family and your grandma doing better. Is the lava hot springs in doors? The weather has been non stop rain in Ca and weíre all sick of it. I was to have an Easter egg hunt with a few kids this coming Sat and the weather report still shows rain ALL week and so far into Wed of next week. I have over 200 eggs stuffed a ton of prizes and goodie bags what the heck am I going to do with all of it. I thought I can take the prizes and use them in the Easter baskets for my grandkids, but not sure about all the stuffed eggs. Canít move the hunt to the following Sat as were already going to a hunt that is in doors. Would seem kind of strange having a hunt after Easter and my house is too small to have it in doors.

Angelica nice pic, I like the back ground colors also.

Milca Iím with you on having too many starches I knew I was going to over do it on Sat, but Sunday was even worse. I started off good, but by the evening my DH and I went to Chevyís and I end up having a chicken enchilada and a chili relleno with some pinto beans and a little rice. I did have them put the sauces on the side and I used hardly any of it. The sad part is in my mind I said Iíve already blown it and opted for the brownie dessert with ice cream and whip cream that my DH and I shared. I havenít done that bad since Iíve been on the program. I got on the scale this AM and am up about a lb. I will get back on plan today, but it sucks it was like the old me was definitely back this weekend. Hereís to wishing us both a good week we can do it. Wow neighbors from **** sound like it. I donít understand what taking your clothes out of the dryer had anything to do with feeding the dog either did they end up using the dryer? Maybe they had to get their clothes in so they could go feed the dog got me.

Suzanne thank you for sharing your thoughts as Iím sure all of us have felt that way. Congrats that youíre starting to see results. Yeah just reading another 1.6 lbs thatís great and 3.8lbs since last Mon youíre doing a great job glad itís working for you.

Angie welcome and Iím glad you found this site also.

30lbsby22 happy to see you lost weight while in Vegas thatís an accomplishment. I think your plan on bringing a snack while youíre watching the movie is great. Any plans for your Birthday?

Debbie enjoy your sunshine and planting. I wish we could see some sunshine. I hope you made it to 30lbs today at your WI. Congrats on losing 27.6 so far.

Sherry I open up a new email and go page to page and type a message and try and get everyone and then I do spell check and then post it. This is all if time permits and if I havenít missed too many days. Today I started on 4/1 and have 9 pages to go through. This way if the server ends up busy or something you donít lose all what you have typed.

Boosmom Great news on the NSV and fitting into the smaller pants and tops. Youíll be fitting in those 10ís perfectly in no time.

Lori youíll lose that .6 and more soon and will be at the big 20lb mark probably by this week.

Christie hey if you kids are used to going to bed early and they were tired I think itís fine they went to bed an hour earlier. They would be losing an hour sleep any way due to the change and this way they didnít lose any sleep. Sorry about your son have strep hopefully the other kids donít catch it. My DD had strep and she was sleeping all of the time and her throat was really red and hurting. She is feeling better now that she has the meds, but I hope my DGD doesnít get it.

At this point there are problems with the server and I canít get to page six. Well it took almost an hour for me to be able to get back into this site, so Iím sorry Iím stopping at the personals at page 6.

Hereís to all of us having a POP week and showing results on the scales.

Dairy Fairy
04-03-2006, 01:12 PM
You know, I always seemed to feel pretty good about how "cute" I was even at my highest weight. What I hate about being overweight is the lack of available clothing that is cute and affordable. It is nice to know that I am healthier now, too. I have just as many "cute feeling" days as I did when I was heavier, and just as many "feel like a blob" days, too. If I had to pick between skinny and ugly or big and beautiful, I'd pick big and beautiful every time. You can lose weight, but fixing ugly is much more complicated.

By the way, why do men think a woman is pretty if she has blond hair and is skinny even if her face is wretched? It's like blond hair and a small body must fuzz out their face...

Gamababa3
04-03-2006, 01:17 PM
I can understand I have always thought I look good mostly when I dress up and have my make up and hair done. Then someone will take a pic and I'm like yuck is that what I really look like. I think I see myself thinner then I actually am. I don't know about men always liking thin women I grew up with men liking big butts:)

Dairy Fairy
04-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Barb, I'm like you...I'm confident and then I get shocked by pictures...

I bet dieting started when Kodak did...

LaurieK
04-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Hello all, I have not posted for a long time. Just wanted to share my good news. I'm done 33lbs and just went a bought new clothes, I feel great. I'm almost to my 1st goal and it feels great. Hope every one is doing good. Sorry I just don't have time anymore to keep on the post.

Laurie

deetsmom
04-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Good morning!

How was everyones weekend? Milca you made me laugh with you dog food and dryer story! You are one funny chickie! You must be a hoot to be around.

Katie~ I did the same thing around the 50 pound mark. Dont worry it will pass. It took me a few weeks though.

I am doing this 6 week plan. I went to the yahoo groups for LAWL to see the plan they had of of the internet in their files. Well I found this 6 week plan I started.I am hoping I do good on it. I am only 12 pounds from goal. I hit the 70 pound mark yestreday.Whoohooo.

For a NSV, I bought some capri pants that were mediums!! I also bought some that were 8's. They fit really comfy. I was so excited. I think I am going to try to get to a size 6 comfortably and thats where I'll stay.I dont think I need to be too much smaller with my height. So, I am going to lopse my 12 and then maybe 10-20 more.

We had a tornado come through are town last night. I dont know if it touched down or what but it uprooted trees all over are neighborhood,ripped roofs off. It ripped the siding off of the whole side of my house.It blew out my front window. It was really scary, we had to rush to the basement. It was a mess everywhere. This HUGE weeping willow across the street from me was totally uprooted and was laying in the street all the way to my sidewalk. It was really sad cause it was such a pretty tree. I always looked at it when I mowed my grass and thought "what a pretty tree". Guess I gotts go home tonight and start the cleanup proccess.

Good Day chickies!! POP :)

Whats the 6 week plan? Can you share?

angelica1674
04-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Rad~ Thanks for the concern. We are in Highland and we live close to st. louis.

Katie~Thanks a bunch! If we lived close I definitly would take you up on the offer! Applebees has great salad.I'll spring for a DQ fudge bar. It was scary to have that storm.I may sound calm today but I was not calm on the inside yesterday.I was on the outside cause I had to be brave for the kids so they wouldnt freak.

PurplePirate & Deetsmom~I dont know if its going to work but I do have to say it is keeping me from cheating.Its like I have this goal of 6 weeks to see how much I can lose!lol Basicly it is this:2 days TO,12 days using slimdown/slimfast shakes to replace a protein and starch, 2 days of program without the slimdown/slimfast shakes.Repeat this regimen 2 more times. I started this Thursday and have lost 4 pounds. So I am counting the days to see if it works. The only thing I am doing diff is extending the first 12 days to 14 so I can have my 2 days of no slimdown on easter weekend.

Gamababa~Thank you for likeing my pic. IO hate it but I dont think I have ever liked any pic of me. I have a pic of me at my beginning of weight loss but I cant figure how to post it keeps saying its too big.

To whoever said that they use notepad to help with the individual post, THANKYOU. I am doing that now and it helps ALOT!!!Now maybe I can post individuals more.I always felt like I was leaving people out!:hug:

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Angelica - Thanks and yes I like the notepad idea myself - I've been realying on my memory - hahahahahah a

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Angelica - are you doing limited or unlimited TO and for the 12 days of using slim/down or fast shakes to replace P & S - are you using the lites??

Rebeca
04-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Men in my life always loved me the way i was without wanting to change. THey also have pushed me to gain weight and not really encouraging me to lose weight at all! I dont know if its a insecurity thing or they are actually being honest! I always have big hips and 36DD chest so that doesnt help either! When i tell people how much i actually weight no one believes me! Then, i tell them i gained 40lbs after i got married and no one noticed either!!! MAYBE I JUST HIDE MY FAT WELL!!!! lol

angelica1674
04-03-2006, 02:14 PM
I did the limited TO with oranges.Yes, I use the lites/lunas too.I have found ,for me, when I use the oranges or cantaloupe I am not hungry at all.I do drink 5 bottles of 24oz water a day too.

Your daughter is so cute!! Mine is 14 months. My other is going on 13 and well I am non existing to her, lol. I didnt realize how much I missed my older daughter wanting to be around me till I had another.

rad7775
04-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Barbara:
Girl, did you save some of those enchiladas! :lol: Don't worry, you are doing great in your weight loss, I believe that we have to made this program part of our lives and we have to learn to deal with situations like this our whole life, we are gonna keep going to restaurants and have our slips and there are gonna be days that we stay POP, but is good to think "Ok today I made a mistake, but tomorrow is another day, I will keep going" I wish you the same a week POP,:hug: after this wild weekend I have to be POP on the plan if I want to reach my mini goal. BTW, I grew up where men like big butts too. ;)

angelica1674
04-03-2006, 02:31 PM
PurplePirate~ I also drink my shake when I am busy. When am busy I find that I can drink the shake then wait till next time I eat and not be hungry. The shakes used to not fill me up I was hungry but now they dont do that.I have mine at dinner while I am cooking supper then when supper is ready I have a salad or some fruit. Then about an hour later I have my last lite(about 7 or so)

Gamababa3
04-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Yes Milca I gave in to the enchiladas:( Mexican food is and always has been my absolute favorite. I knew when we picked the restaurant it wasn't going to be the wisest choice, but I was ok with it then. I have moved on and today is a new day. Thanks for you thoughts on the subject you are correct we will have times when we slip up and days that are pop it's learning to have more pop days then the slip ups:)

sznn
04-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Day 1 of T/O - not even halfway through the day - all I can think about is food, food, food.:(

Must stay on track though as my scale was up to 149.9 this AM after the w/e fondue blowout.

How are my other T/O buddies doing???

Going to cook up some yummy chicken.

-S

dolphn545
04-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Good afternoon everybody!
As I said in another post, I'm not able to do TO just yet. I will probably have to wait for the weekend to do it when it will be easier. Right now I rely on whatever the school cafeteria has for lunch, and I'm not always faithful about grabbing that salad like I should!

stiesta
04-03-2006, 03:34 PM
I can understand I have always thought I look good mostly when I dress up and have my make up and hair done. Then someone will take a pic and I'm like yuck is that what I really look like. I think I see myself thinner then I actually am. I don't know about men always liking thin women I grew up with men liking big butts:)

I'm totally the opposite. My DH sometimes gets frustrated with me because I see myself as a much bigger person than I am. Funny how we're all so different.

Sznn...I am right there with you on the FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I hate TO! I love the results, but it just plain sucks. We're almost there and we'll love ourselves for it!!!!! I ran for an hour this morning -- I am just starving. I think tomorrow I will skip my workout so I'm not so ravenous!

Barb -- yum! So love the MExican food, too. Don't feel guilty. Enjoy it. You've worked hard and you're back on the wagon.

Gotta go eat another blasted orange!

Christie

rad7775
04-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Barbara:
I feel your pain on the mexican food, I love it too, is a big temptation for me! So if you saved some of that enchiladas we can share it! :)

Sznn and all the TO'ers:
Hang in there!

Sherry:
I am going to do TO next week too, let me know if you need a partner in pain.

Katie and Heatherpp:
You are quiet today, I miss you :cry: Hope you have a good day!

chsgls
04-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Hi gals. I am on day 2 of TO. I started yesterday as I had been stressing about it so decided to just get it started. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it. I got through yesterday just fine and today is ok. I weighed in this morning and was down 1.6 pounds from Friday. I don't think I will get the 5 pound loss that my friend said she always got from TO. I will be so anxious to eat tomorrow. I picked up a roasted chicken breast from Harris Teeter this morning so had 3 oz of that for lunch with a cup of raw cabbage. Dinner will be another 3 oz of the chicken and a half cup of cooked green beans. Tomorrow I will be back on my fiber one cereal for breakfast as it keeps me regular. Hate using one of my starches on it, but like what it does.
Hope you are all doing well on TO. Let us know how you are.
Cheryl

sznn
04-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Christie - you ran for an hour while on T/O???
Silly rabbit - I plan to be a sloth for the next 36 hrs until this T/O is finished.

Just had some sauted chicken breast and fresh basil with zuchinni should tide me over til 'Orange' time.

Hang in there fellow T/O er's

-S

stiesta
04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Christie - you ran for an hour while on T/O???
Silly rabbit - I plan to be a sloth for the next 36 hrs until this T/O is finished.
-S

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking...

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Angelica - Thanks for the compliment about Savannah - I am totally addicted!!! Thanks for all the ideas and comments about the 6 week thing - I might have to try that out. I think I'm going to stick with Blue for two weeks to give it a try and then save that 6 week thing for another plateau breaker??

Barb - don't worry I had a mexican binge myself on Friday - we had a going away party for a co-worker and I did good with the main meal - taco salad - no shell with chicken - but I had my fair share of chips and salsa - I was so full that I could only eat 1/4 of the salad!!!

Christie and Barb - What is really funny is I'm a mix btw both of you. There will be days where I will feel great and think I look good and then see a picture and think - wow - you really didn't look good at all. Then most other days I will judge myself so much harsher and my DH will have to really put the stick to me and show me I see myself so much differently.

Boo'sMom
04-03-2006, 04:02 PM
You guys have been busy and I haven't even been gone that long!! I'm considering my TO a success since I stayed the same as last week. A success because during this past PMS week I have been up 2-3 lbs--all week. To be be back at 165 on first day of TOM is okay. I'll just hope for a decent loss next Monday. Am I making sense?? I had the same counselor Scott had last week and we just don't click. She's the only pushy one and now it's the "8 week--lose 3 sizes by summer" for ONLY $279!! No thanks--I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Slow and steady seems to be my game. I should change my ticker to a tortoise.

Glad everyone is doing well--Barb--I would give my right arm for a bite of your enchiladas!

TO'ers--2 words--hot tea--(thanks Katie) don't know why it's soo satisfying for me. Yum. Splash of FF creamer makes it for me.

Did someone mention a OTC shake to replace the LAWL shake (not the lite substitute shake but the other--there IS another, right?) which is it and what does it count for. She was pushing them too.

Back later--gotta get the girls.

Hi EVERYONE!!

wp95jma
04-03-2006, 04:02 PM
I went way off the wagon Saturday and Sunday - Saturday I worked a 14hr day and just ate what was available (had a chicken ceasar for dinner so I didn't totally blow it). Sunday was a completely different story. I worked for 4hrs and as a reward for working so hard this weekend and working on my normal day off, my boss took me out to my favorite italian restaurant (Carrabba's) where I proceeded to eat just about everything on the menu :o. Today I am back on track but I hate what I've done because I did TO on Thursday and Friday - just to blow the weight that I lost from TO on Sat and Sun. Now I've got 24days until I get to go to Hawaii and see my hubby. I was hoping to get down to 135 by then but now I'm not sure because I'm not losing at the 2lb per week, I guess I'll start another TO later this week. I know your supposed to wait 14days between TO but I don't have that luxury right now. Ok, back to working out and eating totally OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Hi gals. I am on day 2 of TO. I started yesterday as I had been stressing about it so decided to just get it started. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it. I got through yesterday just fine and today is ok. I weighed in this morning and was down 1.6 pounds from Friday. I don't think I will get the 5 pound loss that my friend said she always got from TO. I will be so anxious to eat tomorrow. I picked up a roasted chicken breast from Harris Teeter this morning so had 3 oz of that for lunch with a cup of raw cabbage. Dinner will be another 3 oz of the chicken and a half cup of cooked green beans. Tomorrow I will be back on my fiber one cereal for breakfast as it keeps me regular. Hate using one of my starches on it, but like what it does.
Hope you are all doing well on TO. Let us know how you are.
Cheryl

Just wanted to say good luck on TO - You're almost there!!

hkychik
04-03-2006, 04:05 PM
http://www.geocities.com/fire_godess_e35/puppydance.gif http://www.geocities.com/fire_godess_e35/puppydance.gif http://www.geocities.com/fire_godess_e35/puppydance.gif http://www.geocities.com/fire_godess_e35/puppydance.gif

Yipee! I beat that ol' 20 pound mark today, and then some! Only 4.5 pounds to go until I get my new MP3 player. Maybe by next Monday?

I had a very enlightening experience today - I stopped at the mall this last weekend and did some comparison shopping in Vitamin World - looking for a less expensive alternative to LA supplements. They told me to come back on Monday, as they were going to be having a huge sale. So, I went in today and talked to the very helpful manager. He used to be a personal trainer and is now in pre-med. Yes, stress does cause us to gain weight and retain body fat. Stress creates a hormone called cortisol and that creates the ugly ol' belly fat, etc... this guy steered me towards their product called neuro-PS. It contains some of the EFA in LAWL, but it also has some other stuff to improve neuro function and inhibit the creation of cortisol. I'm going to give it a try. This guy said I could come in and talk to them about any questions I might have about my diet, or exercise that the center can't answer. He even offered to come give talks at the center - I had to try really hard to keep from laughing at that - I told him it seemed they were all about the sale and that their little techies in lab coats probably wouldn't be interested. But I will take advantage of the knowledge in that store.

Good luck all you TOers, and congrats on the big losses!

Milca - hurry up and do your deed - I am DYING to know your revenge!

dolphn545
04-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Lori - keep us posted on how the neuro-PS works and how it makes you feel. I would like to get a supplement to help with the boost, but don't want to give LAWL any more of my $$$. Thanks!

Repo girl
Julia- You can do it!! Break out the lemon water today and keep working hard. You can shed those 5 lbs by the 24th.

juliemarie
Lori-

Just be careful and do some research. The folks at supplement stores will spew the same pseudoscience that LAWL spews. Yes-cortisol does increase with stress-but it doesn't mean that there are REALLY any products that inhibit it in the body. There's a reason this stuff doesn't go through the FDA.

But, like i usually say, if it works for you, go for it.

rad7775
04-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Lori:
Girl, you are bad :lol:

Repo girl
04-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Lori- Great job breaking the 20 lb mark!!! Keep us posted on the supplement, too.

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Lori - Congrats on the 20 lb mark!! and what you say about Vitamin World is so true. I went there the day before I went to the gastro doctor and what was so funny - was he explained what most of my problem was and why it was happening. Of course, who knows how many $$ later - CAT Scan & doctor visit - come to find out - he was like 80% right, although it was still good for me to do the scan to make sure nothing serious was wrong.
Those guys that work in those stores or at least the manager's seem to really know about the body - I'm not advertising all their products b/c I agree with Julie Marie about how alot of stuff is just used to make $$ - but they know about the body and use that to help promote selling - guess you can't blame them/

stiesta
04-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Changed my avatar to one with me in it...get a quick look, it will be gone soon!

hkychik
04-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Oh, I did the research before I bought - like LAWL these places have to make a buck too. The improved neuro functions are still under study (but shows improvement in mid-alzheimers and dementia patients), but the cortisol blocking stuff seems to be pretty significant - the mgr. at the store said to take 4 right before heavy exercise to help promote muscle repair and reduce the cortisol produced by that...(yes, intense exercise causes an increase in cortisol too) or otherwise take 3 a day, any time. This seems to be supported by the research I did. I'll keep ya'll posted!

Heather PP - they did seem pretty knowledgable about their stuff- plus they have lots of drug books that you can look up stuff for free, right there in the store.

hkychik
04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Stiesta - leave it! Cookies and all, you are very pretty (and skinny too!)

stiesta
04-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks, Lori, but that one is now gone. I'm such a chicken....congrats on your 20 pound mark, girl -- that is awesome!

Rebeca
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
stiesta- why do you have to put that up and make all of rest so envious??? REMIND ME...WHY ARE YOU WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT AGAIN?!!!! lol

you look great chick!

Gamababa3
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Heather sad part is I had the chips and salsa also. I love making taco salad a very good choice and hey were allowed chips on CC section. I could understand being a little of how both Christie and I feel. When I have no make up on or not much clothes on then I see myself as I am. Clothes can hide a lot sometimes.

Lori congrats on being down 20lbs that’s great.

Stiesta nice pic, but it’s so small I can’t see you or the cookies:) I would leave it up. Ok nevermind you took it down already. I like this pic you have up now as I can see you better:)

Repo girl
04-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Christie- You are so cute!!! So when are you coming to see your brother again?

rad7775
04-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Christie:
Don't take the picture away, you look great!

Lori: Congrats on your 20lbs. mark, love the smilies!

wp95jma
04-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Julia- You can do it!! Break out the lemon water today and keep working hard. You can shed those 5 lbs by the 24th.

Thanks so much Katie ~ After reading your post I went into the kitchen and slammed down 16oz of hot lemon water and I will drink some more in about an hour. I'm just down on myself because on Sat morning my scale showed 139.5, I broke the 130 mark I was so excited! Then this morning I got on the scale (big mistake I know) and it said 141.5 :(

30lbsby22
04-03-2006, 05:16 PM
wow i leave for a day and we have 12 pages. You chicks are great. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope everyone had a great weekend. I will have to go back and read the 8 pages I missed out on. I was sick saturday night, all day sunday and part of today. Hopefully tomorrow at WI it will show a nice big loss!! :) Also going to do TO tomorrow. Was supposed to do it today but I know it would have been a bad idea. Hope all you other TOers are doing well.

stiesta
04-03-2006, 05:32 PM
You guys seriously are the best...you know just how to pick someone up! This is why I love this place!!! :grouphug:

Chklithunder
04-03-2006, 05:37 PM
:wave: Hi Everyone! Just popping in.

Here's hoping that everyone is having a great day. Milca - don't you :rollpin: those people. I literally got into a fight with my neighbor before we bought our home. I EXORCISED HER --> Beat the **** out of her :devil: - she had it coming... But when I look back at it, it wasn't a smart thing to do. I have children, you know???

To the TO'ers - hang in there! I'm with you in spirit! :hat:

To Sy - so great to see you!

Katie - nice thread about the self fulfilling prophecy. I need to go home and think about mine.

Stiesta, Kristi and Angelica - lovely pictures!

Andi - Where have you been?

That's all I could gleen from my quickie read through of the posts. I know there is so much more going on. Crazy busy at work here, so I am sorry I did not get to address everyone. But...here's to ya! :cheers:

Repo girl
04-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey Carm, I was wondering where you were today.

Chklithunder
04-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Heya Katie.

Wrapping up now, about to head home. Would you believe I've been here since 7:30 this morning and amd just now able to leave? I got paged early this AM and had to haul it in here, as a system was crashing and burning. This is the first time I've had to myself all day, but now I have to :moped: and :hug: and :stir: for my :angel: DSs.

I have really missed you all today. I hope you and everyone else has a great evening.

Chklithunder
04-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Whew - getting those to work right is a real job!

pinkflamingo68
04-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Hi all-
Wow, what a ton of posts! It sounds like everyone is revved up about being back OP after the weekend.

I have something to share that's a NSV that's really exciting to me--I gave blood/platelettes last week, and just got my cholesterol results back.....DRUMROLL PLEASE............................................ .....

Down from 235 to 175 in 2 months on LAWL. Unbelievable...Totally normal now. I'm so psyched - I feel healthier and that's tangible evidence of the benefits of REALLY eating better.

I don't have time to say a personal hello to everyone - but you guys are the Fan Club for NSV's!!!!!!!!

Have a great day.

Ange

Repo girl
04-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Wow Ange, that is AMAZING!!!!! Great nsv chickie!

30lbsby22
04-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Good Job Ange!!! :carrot: :D :carrot:

whats nsv? :?:

pinkflamingo68
04-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Non Scale Victory!!!

BTW, I ate at my dad's last night - he grills a mean steak.. halfway through - and I was being so good with salad and lima beans - he informs me that he marinated it in - are you ready??? -------SOY SAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(inser the music from the shower scene in Psycho here...)

It was like a nightmare....water retention flashing before my eyes....LOL

Repo girl
04-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Soy Sauce? The horror! Bet it was good though.

Repo girl
04-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Okay, I know that this question has been answered 10 times already, so sorry for not paying attention, but which slim fast is most similar to to the LAWL meal replacements?

30lbsby22
04-03-2006, 07:14 PM
i believe its the optima

rad7775
04-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Ange:
WTG GIRL! So funny the Psycho music!! Sorry, but I imagine the scene and that made me laugh! :lol:

rad7775
04-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Katie:
I think that is the Slim Fast Optima.

deetsmom
04-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Changed my avatar to one with me in it...get a quick look, it will be gone soon!

Wow, you look awesome! How tall are you, youre so thin already!

Bobby18
04-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Wow, it has been busy here today. I was able to read all of the posts, but no chance to write individual replies. I do like Katie's thread on self-fulfilling prophecies - I need to spend some time thinking what mine is going to be. I absolutely agree with the theory though - my DB always told me growing up that I was fat and wouldn't make it in the real world. I definitely wasn't fat then, but did grow up to be overweight. I know now that being overweight wasn't in the plans for me - this is something I did to myself; therefore, I have the power to change it.

Decided to have pizza for dinner - hopefully the extra fat (from cheese) will help my body function better tonight. Skipped WI today, but must go tomorrow. I am still OP though - SSPVfat for the pizza.

momof3boys1girl
04-03-2006, 08:33 PM
OK LADIES...i need some help here im leaving on Wednesday for a 14 hour drive in the car with my four kids and DH were going to California to visit family and go to Disneyland any ideas for satying OP while traveling???

thanks JAMIE

marbear
04-03-2006, 08:46 PM
The slim fast like the slimdown is Slim Fast Low Carb Meal Replacement, same calories and protein. It has 20 g protein like a slimdown, optimas have 10.

Mary

30lbsby22
04-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Jamie just plan ahead and pack. Make sandwiches before you go and have fruits and veggies on hand always. Pack a cooler with water and lunch meat. Just plan plan plan!! :)

stiesta
04-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Wow, you look awesome! How tall are you, youre so thin already!

You are so nice...I am tall, I'm 5'8" and sitting in the picture so most of my large behind is not visible. I carry all of my weight in my butt. I am barely a size 10 and would love to lose about 10-15 more pounds...don't know if that's realistic. Truthfully, I would happy to drop 10. Never been this thin in my life!

deetsmom
04-03-2006, 09:24 PM
The slim fast like the slimdown is Slim Fast Low Carb Meal Replacement, same calories and protein. It has 20 g protein like a slimdown, optimas have 10.

Mary

You need the Optima High Protein...its got more than 10g...you can look on the website.

Boo'sMom
04-03-2006, 09:30 PM
When you do the slim fast shakes (whichever one--need to check them out) how do you count them and how often do you have them? Thanks

Lori--WTG on the milestone!! Definitely want to hear more about the neuro-ps--I think this is a real problem for me. So glad you are keeping the photo!

Julia--sure you can do it! I am happy you get ot go to Hawaii to see hubby--how exciting.

Ange--WTG on your chol. #'s!!! so many benefits to the new lifestyle

Stiesta--keep the photo--you look terrific

Denise Wilson
04-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Guys, I'm so upset I went WI today and am up 3 lbs. I've be totally cheating and it's finally caught up w/ me. tomorrow is day 2 of TO and i am getting back on the wagon...of course the fact that i'm pre-TOM is not helping!

marbear
04-03-2006, 09:42 PM
lori, I did the slimfast for the 4 post TO days and counted them as a P,S. It made meal planning really hard, so I don't think I'd personally do it otherwise unless I was sick or had a lower appetite than usual.

marbear
04-03-2006, 09:45 PM
deets, they didn't have those at my store...just reg. optima and reg. high protein. You are so lucky b/c you find great things at your grocery store (dying to try all the stuff you mention from trader joe's, but i'm sol on that one...)

I stood in the aisle at kroger for darn near 20 minutes reading every stinking shake label...I know folks thought was insane or slow. It did help keep off my TO weight, but I kind of wonder if TO just gets you there faster, but you don't actually do better in the long run. After my awesome TO performance I've not lost anything for over a week.

Boo'sMom
04-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Mary--is this for me? Part of the "8 week body makeover" TO, slimdown (? I think that's what they are called) and the jetstarts. I refuse to pay $279 for the program --I told her one thing I didn't like was the drinking my food--I want to chew and feel it in my mouth!

Lea Ann

rad7775
04-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Boo:
Sorry to bother you with this question, but what is the 8 week body makeover? I feel lost on that one

sznn
04-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Are any of my T/O pals obsessing about food like I am??

I just demolished my last orange of the day...last bit of food!!...and I could easily munch down some more!!!
I am going to have a SF hot chocolate.
Maybe that will shut down the little voice in my head.
Not physically hungry - just want to eat.

Guess I have to accept that battle will rage on - even in maintenance.

-S

Boo'sMom
04-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Milca--never a bother. I don't know much about it because I wouldn't let her finish the salespitch today but it's a LAWL program for 8 weeks where you do cycles of TO, Slimdowns (?), and jetstarts, along with all the pills and they say you will lose 2-3 dress sizes in the 8 weeks and you get all the products (I assume) for $279. My center just finished a "5 week slimdown" so I guess this is the new thing to push. During the last one they were all hot and heavy over "a guaranteed 10 lbs lost" well, yeah--you are already guaranteeing that in the regular plan so why should I pay extra $$ for a different way to lose the same weight. Not sure if this makes sense. I will look for the "5 week program" handout they gave me and see what the deal was.

deetsmom
04-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Milca--never a bother. I don't know much about it because I wouldn't let her finish the salespitch today but it's a LAWL program for 8 weeks where you do cycles of TO, Slimdowns (?), and jetstarts, along with all the pills and they say you will lose 2-3 dress sizes in the 8 weeks and you get all the products (I assume) for $279. My center just finished a "5 week slimdown" so I guess this is the new thing to push. During the last one they were all hot and heavy over "a guaranteed 10 lbs lost" well, yeah--you are already guaranteeing that in the regular plan so why should I pay extra $$ for a different way to lose the same weight. Not sure if this makes sense. I will look for the "5 week program" handout they gave me and see what the deal was.

That sounds like a plan to reak havoc on your system if you ask me:dizzy:

MTdebster921
04-03-2006, 10:57 PM
What happened to teaching a new lifestyle or 2 lbs. a week is what you should average. I think they are losing sight of the big picture and just trying to make a buck off people. Honestly, how many pounds do you have to lose to drop 3 dress sizes and doing it in only 8 weeks? I agree with Deets, it will wreak havoc on your system plus how likely are you to keep the weight off?? If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

marbear
04-03-2006, 11:16 PM
I am with Deets on this one. Whenever I do TO, it works, but it seems to be much harder to lose afterward. It is not worth stalling my metabolism and being hungry all the time just to get there quicker, because I WILL get there.

I jumped on the scales and saw 169.5 tonight, so hopefully I will see it tomorrow...and the next day...and the next...and THEN I will be able to say I jumped down a decade into the groovy 60s.

pinkflamingo68
04-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Yea Marbear!

yoga_gurl
04-04-2006, 12:11 AM
ugghh, feeling totally stuck! :( Am jumping down from red + to red tomorrow....:dust: Some for me and some for everyone!

Kristi:yoga:

sznn
04-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Kristi - Hang in there girl, things will start moving downward again.

Sending you some weightloss vibes!!:flow1:

-S

30lbsby22
04-04-2006, 01:05 AM
kristi dont get down. It happens at least they are changing you now. It took my center almost 7 weeks to change me. As for the 8 week program thing I have seen a sign up at my center for a few weeks now advertising the 8 week program but they never tried to push it on me I think because of the shakes and almost all of the ladies there know I cant tolerate dairy. One of the greatest things I could have ever put on that first application was I could not tolerate dairy. Since then nothing has ever been pushed on me!! :)

mujiboston
04-04-2006, 01:37 AM
A scary thing just happened to me. I live on the edge of a downtown area in a CA city, not the best neighborhood...but not the worst either. I was in the livingroom doing my workout videos and someone rings the door bell. it was 9:15 PM. We looked through the peep hole and there was a man dressed in a checkered plaid shirt and a cap. his chin was down and we could not see his face. of course we did not open the door but the dogs were going nuts. and he rang the door bell again. you would think that he would of gone away after he heard to dogs barking like nuts. but he keep standing there. so, i openned the door a crack, but he was not on the porch, so i could not see him, and i asked him what he wanted, but i could not hear him, since the dog was bark so loud. so i shut the door and called the police. I am worried now...maybe should invest in a home alarm system or something...think i am over reacting? Usually, i go out the front door to get the dogs pee. i have a couple of dachshunds but they are loud and have very deep barks. but i am wondering if people have seen me around and know that i have little non treatening dogs. advice?

Marbear- i have been back and forth in the 168 to 172 range for the past two weeks. I am so desperate to get down to the 160's!!! So good luck on your quest as I battle mine!!

I am a so stressed over this stranger thing, i feel like eating a pint of ice cream....but i decided to write to you guys instead.

deetsmom
04-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Muji- what did the police say? :hug:

space99s1
04-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Good morning..

Muji...did you call the police?!?

I would like to 'boast' about a NSV today. For a book report, my youngest son in fourth grade is doing a "party" to honor the subject, Kareen Abdul Jabar (from his biography). As part of the party, he is bringing in brownies. Last night, he and his brother (7th grade) made the brownies. OOHHH...they smelled soooo good but I held back and had my strawberries and sf jello. :) This morning, though, they needed to be sliced up (I wouldn't trust a 4th grader to do that...there'd be more in his mouth than the plate. ;) )

So I did it....without one bite. Without ONE taste. And....I had not eaten breakfast yet either so it was on an empty stomach.

I know...small achievement but I thought it was significant for me.. :)

Boo'sMom
04-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Deets, Debbie, Mary--thanks for the reassurance! I am terrible about second guessing myself and all day I wondered what if. Now I am sure my regular program is the way to stay. I so easily buy into stupid gimmicks--how much have a spent in the last 15 years on "diet pills"??

Mary--super scales!! I know how exciting a new decade is!!

Kristi--it happens--at least you are trying something new to get moving--good luck with the change. Remember--we all get stuck but you can never give up! You are doing great and getting closer to your reward all the time--YEAH!!

Muji--How scary! I can't even imagine how you felt/still feeling! Keep us posted. Talk to your neighbors if they had strangers/saw anyone. NSV coming here instead of the freezer! You are so close to moving a decade, too! Yeah for you. I'm stuck in the middle so it seems sooo far away.

Space--no NSV is small or insignificant!! They ALL help us continue on. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done it. I managed to stay out of DD's strawberry shortcake last night at Jason's Deli but did have a bite of her grilled cheese--unfortunately, it was still delicious to me!

stiesta
04-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Muji -- scary! You did the right thing not opening the door full wide. Nobody has any business at 9:15 at night.

Space -- congrats, real good NSV. :carrot:

Sznn -- TO SUCKS! I seriously hate what this does to me. I've said it before, but I think I have blood sugar issues. I wake up just sick, sick, sick whenever I do TO. I'm shaky, clammy, and feel sick to my stomach until I get that orange down my throat! I'm going to keep going though...hope it will do some damage on the scale!

To our other fellow TOers, have a good POP day! I'll be back later!

Christie

rad7775
04-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Good morning girls: :wave::coffee:

BOO:
Thank you very much, totally agree with all of you about the 8 week thing. I am not ready to give up a P and a S for 8 weeks, I NEED FOOD!!! :hun:

Kristy:
Take it easy girl, :hug: Goodvibes for you :goodvibes:

Szn and all the TO'ers:
Hang in there and the ones that fnished today, hope that you see a lost!

Muji:
That was scary!! Is good that you call the police, hope everything is fine by this time!

Space:
WTG on the brownies, I feel your pain , yesterday I promised myself that I am not going to cheat and I was going to stay POP, I bought DH some light chips he likes to have stuff like that for him when he do his sandwiches to go to work, I am a junkie on chips and salty food, and I resist temptation and stay POP on the plan... I feel happy b/c after my wild weekend is difficult to get back on track and stay focus!

Katie, Carmen and Heather:
Girls,Hope you have a great day.:wave:

To all of you hope you have a great day! :grouphug:

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Wow - Chickies - you guys were busy busy last night!!

Muji - How scary - I can't even imagine how frightened you were - but hopefully having the dogs there helped!!! Did you ever call the police? What did they say??

Lori - Congrats on that 20 lb mark - that is wonderful!!!

Kristi - don't give up girl - you have done absolutely wonderful - Hopefully since they are moving you down a plan - that will get things moving again - sometimes it just takes confusing the body some to make it work for you - we're here for you girl!!!

Boo - Glad you decided not to do that 8 week thing. I'm with the others - it seems like more of a short term quick fix and a money maker for LAWL. I'm definitely in on the opinion that just sticking with POP for a few days - works just as good for me -

Stiesta - Girl I must stay - you are beautiful from what I can see in the picture - you should be very proud !! I'm sure you can get to your goal before moving and enjoy that bikini in San Diego...

Katie - love the self fullfilling post - but I want to really think about it and put it in perspective....Thanks for posting that one...Hope you had a good evening as well!!!

Space - Way to go on the NSV - that is wonderful!!! I did the same thing with Savannah this weekend - she went to potty at the mall (even waited in line for the bathroom) - so I bought her a cookie - Wow - it was hard, there was one little corner left in the bag, and I had it in my fingers - but then I said - Savannah - there is one bite left...here you go - and I gave it up - I've done great since Sunday!!! New focus for me....

To all the other chickies-- Hope you have a wonderful POP day!

angelica1674
04-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Good Morning chickies!!

It a gorgeous day today!! Going to be mid 60's.We started cleanup last night.What a job! I think we are getting new siding though because ours was damaged so bad.That is a VERY good thing!

PurplePirate~Yeah I would wait till you need a plateau breakers.Sounds good to me.Good luck with the blue plan:)

Hkychik~ Congrats on passing the 20 pound mark!! Way to go!!:carrot:

stiesta~ I love your pic!Love the scenery too! Where are you??? I need to come visit!

Pinkflamingo~ Congrats on your cholestrol!! Mine is also high as of last year(when I was 70 pds heavier)I go back to the Dr next Monday.I am going to have it retested.I am praying it drops like yours!!It runs in my family but it should have at least dropped some!!

Katie~ I buy the slim fast optima high protein.It comes in chocolate,vanilla,strawberry, and coffee flavors.

Well all Ill be back later!:hug:

Boo'sMom
04-04-2006, 09:28 AM
One good thing she pushed on me was some Easter egg promotion. You pay $5 for an egg and all the money goes into a pot and at the end of the promotion the person with the greatest loss wins the pot. Of course I won't win that, but every egg had a 20% coupon and we are due to buy our supplements this month, we get 3 months at a time so we already get 20% off then they will let me use the coupon for another 20% off--I like those kinds of deals. Anyway, wish I had at least gotten the details--I can't remember a thing when I leave--unless they tick me off--LOL--which really isn't very often. I just remember TO, then everything cycled for a couple day with shakes/jetstart/regular plan.

I did look on the Slimfast site for the shake breakdowns:
Low Carb -- Optima -- High Protein
Cal 190 -- 190 -- 190
Fat 9 -- 6 -- 5
Sodium 260 -- 200 -- 220
Carbs 6 -- 25 -- 24
Sugars 1 -- 18 -- 13
Protein 20 -- 10 -- 15

Everyone have a great day--I am MAKING myself do my video--right now!! There, it's in writing. Have a dentist appt. later this morning--UGH--not a fan. Talk to you later.

SyracuseNY
04-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Wow, so many posts. I'll try to keep up the best I can. LOL!

Milca: Thanks so much for the kind words, you knew just want I needed to hear and I thank you!

MetalChic: Nice to see you on the board. How is the wedding coming! So happy that you're maintaining. I want to join your ranks - hopefully this will be the year for me! ;)

Angelica: How tall are you? Size 8's - I envy you! Our weight about the same as you and I'm still in 14/12's. I'm 5' 7". Must be out body shapes as that different. :dunno:

Rebeca: I'm headed you way in may. We stay in Surfside. Can't wait to soak up the warmer weather!

Sznn: 149.9 is just awesome! That little green monster is starting to come out again, I'm jealous.

Julia: My DSIL lives in Portsmouth - did you all get horrible t-storms last night?

Lori: Please keep us up-to-date on the Neuro-PS, and congrats at the -20!

Stiesta: I agree with everyone. You are too hard on yourself - great picture.

Ange: Soy sauce! I know exact what that water retention feels like, I had ham over the weekend. Just starting to feeling back to normal.

Suzanne: You are so right, I also have the power - now just have to put it to good use.

Everyone, have a great day - I'm out of time. Got to get back to work.

Hugs, Sy

space99s1
04-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Hey, Heather, that is EXCELLENT! I'm not sure I could have resisted passing up the chocolate chip cookie piece. The malls are evil in that the smell of baking chocolate chip cookies wafts through an entire wing. Good job.

Boos...you didn't have the strawberry shortcake which is great. The bite of grilled cheese is the lesser of the two evils, particularly if sweets are trigger foods for you. Good job.

Milca...Remember, you have the LAWL snacks to help with your chip craving. I find them to be very satisfying and I like the variety in the starch.

Last night, I made the Chicken Nuggets in the new LAWL cookbook. They were AWESOME and the family loved them. My youngest told me they were better than fast food, which I took as a compliment. If anyone is interested, I'll post the recipe.. :)

Bobby18
04-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Muji - That must have been so frightening. Good job coming here instead of using food to medicate your emotions.

Space - Great NSV!

Milca - You are doing great girl. Chips are my downfall too - no kind will ever make it into my house as I don't have any self control when it comes to chips. I do buy the LA Snacks though - they are a great substitute.

Angelica - I am happy to hear you and your family are OK. We had a small tornado hit our town once - it was extremely scary, so I can just imagine how you felt.

Lea Ann - What supplements do you take? Do you think they help you? I have a dentist appt. this afternoon - only for a cleaning, so shouldn't be too bad. It is still the one place I HATE going to.

Space - Can you please post that recipe. I love chicken nuggets!

The scale was back down into the 7's this morning. My DH asked me why I get on the scale every morning and that I should only weigh once a week so that I see real progress. I told him that I didn't have that luxury because I was supposed to weigh 3x's per week at LAWL. I am going to ask today if I can only come in once/week. I am a very impatient person, so if I don't see results when I know I am doing everything right I get frustrated. Frustrated = emotional = eating for medication. I know emotional eating is one of my (many) issues and is something I need to get control of, but if I can avoid some situations, that will be helpful too.

Is anyone else as impatient as me? I think I would be happy to see consistent losses - no matter how big - than a loss every week or so.

wp95jma
04-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Sy ~ Yes the weather was bad here last night but I grew up in Orlando so t-storms don't scare me :) Today the sky is blue and clear and we needed the rain it has been very dry here. I'm just waiting for it to get into the 70's and stay there! Last spring it went from 60 to 90 overnight and we went from having the heat on directly to AC no pretty days to open up the house and have that great breeze blow through.

sznn
04-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Christie - I'm actually surprisingly not hungry during T/O.
I just obsess about food because even more choices are taken away. I miss my measly 1/2 pita with melted cheese...yummmmm!!!

But - it was worth it so far. My scale is in a good mood and showed a 146.8!!!
I'm taking that # with a grain of salt (lite salt) because I'm sure it is water.

Well it's off to the kitchen to peel a lovely orange.

-S

Boo'sMom
04-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Suzanne--YEAH :carrot: YEAH :carrot: YEAH :carrot: about the scales moving back down. Isn't it weird seeing new numbers?--I am still in awe:dizzy: when they stay for a while and now that I am in the middle I know I won't let myself go back up! I WI weekly for the exact same reason--the 3x/week was totally stressing me out with all the little ups and downs. I think once you have a handle on your diary it's just fine. I know they push for more but it's just not for everyone. I am a slave to the scale--glutton for punishment, so I can relate to the daily home WI. Supplements: Just the 3 regular from LAWL---Vitamax (multivitamin), calcium, and the EFA's. I know a lot of gals get them elsewhere--but I just get them when I am there (DH is being weird about not doing "plan" since he's seen his parents success firsthand he doesn't want to mess with it). I agree but I am also the tightwad in the family (about most things--LOL) Anyway, since I've taken them since day one I can't say how much they help but they sure don't hurt. I am not a big dairy person so the calcium is great--I still think we all need more. This is the first multivitamin I've been able to take in the morning without getting sick so that's a plus. And the EFA's--?? Not much help am I? My appt. is a cleaning, too. First time with a new dentist in a new town--DH and kids have all seen him and liked him fine (it's a toss up between dentist and gyno!) except I can't send any of them as guinea pigs to the gyno--LOL.

Space--sweets are definitely a trigger--and chips--so I don't keep too much around the house. Luckily both my girls are our own private food police so they keep us pretty honest (most of the time!). Ditto on the nuggets.

space99s1
04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Here you go!

LAWL Chicken Nuggets

6-8 oz chicken breast, boneless, skinless, size according to plan, cut into bite size pieces.
1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
1/2 c breadcrumbs (recipe below)
dash salt
dash pepper

1) Place chicken and buttermilk in bowl and refridgerate for at least 20 to 30 minutes and allow to mariinate. Drain chicken and set aside.

2) Combine breadcrumbs, salt, pepper in plastic zip-top bag.

3) Add chicken to breadcrumbs and shake bag to coat chicken.

4) Bake in 350F oven for approximately 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.

Counts as: 1 Protein, 1 Starch, 1/2 Dairy

Note: Someone at COD told me that it works just as well without the buttermilk. If you omit buttermilk, omit the 1/2 dairy

LAWL Breadcrumbs

6 slices light bread
1.2 t salt
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/4 t oregano
1/4 t basil

1) Toast bread lightly to remove moisture.

2) Allow toast to cool.

3) Crumble toast into large bowl or food processor.

4) Mix remaining ingredients into crumb mixture. Food process works best. Mx until crumb texture.

5) Season to taste (though, I like it as stated)

Makes SIX servings....1/3 cup...Counts as 1 starch

I've used the breadcrumbs to bread pork chops and the family loved them as well.

Enjoy!

space99s1
04-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Well, I have a sweet tooth as well. Here is a recipe that I am tempted to try from the LAWL cook book...

Applesauce-Oatmeall Cookies

1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c Splenda
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c egg substitute
1 c all purpose flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1 c oats
1/4 c raisins

1) In large mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, Splenda, egg substitute and applesauce.

2) In separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir into applesauce mixture.

3) Add oats and raisins. Stir til completely combined.

4) Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.

5) Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven.

6) Allow the cookies to cool slightly about 1 to 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.

Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies. Serving size: 2 cookies. Count as: 1 starch

I'd be inclined not to use the raisins because no one really likes raisins in cookies (if at all). I'd be tempted to substitute 1/4 c chocolate chips but I wonder how that would change the recipe. Would it change or would it add, say a fat to the serviing?

I'd be curious to know how these turn out...and...if anyone here has the online access to the dietician, if you could ask them about the substitute and let me know, I'd appreciate it...

Rebeca
04-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Syracuse - my phone number is 8432672303... just call me if you need any directions or if you want to go get a salad! Its lovely in here during the summer! HOpe you enjoy it!

Bobby- I COMPLETELY RELATE TO THE SCALE thing! I do too weight every day, and do get emotional and put everything possible in my mouth to make the scale thoughts go away (sometimes everything at once)... Hang in there girl, just try to have some gum when you see these belly thoughts coming!

SODIUMM...OHHHHH SODIUM....

I went to have some orital food yesterday! It was someone's bday and that is where she wanted to go. I had water with lemon to drink and I ordered whole wheat rice noodles with shrimp and broccolli (it also had carrots) but the whole thing had soy sauce (relate???)! Big mistake because i had to WI 3 hours later and the scale almost broke!!!! I instatly gained 3 lbs! IS THAT EVEN LEGAL???? I am highly upset about it... then i went home and had lean cuisine (the only thing left on the fridge) and this morning the scale said (183) not soo bad compared to the COD WI!

deetsmom
04-04-2006, 11:21 AM
What IS the exercise requirement for Blue? My COD said 1.5-4.5hrs per week...is this right? I thought it was more. It seems to be working for me either way, but I am curious...

Bobby18
04-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the recipe Space - will have to try that this weekend.

Rebeca - It must've sucked to see that number at the COD. I know it's not much of a consolation, but know that it is fake - there's no way you ate an extra 10,000+ calories (at 3500 calories per pound).

Rebeca
04-04-2006, 11:45 AM
bobby- It must be water rentention right?

angelica1674
04-04-2006, 11:56 AM
SyracuseNY~ I am 5'9".Yes, I am guesing it is the heith difference.My mom weighs 155 and she is about the same size as me but is a little shorter.Its all about body shape and bone size.I am also big boned.

Bobby~I hope the scale start moving for you soon! I know it will just give it time.I think a scale is just the devil in disquise.:devil:

Rebecca~Yep,its just water.It will go away in a day or so.:D

Bobby18
04-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Rebeca - I agree, definitely water. Drink LOTS of water today (this still doesn't make sense to me) - hot lemon water is good too.

Angelica - I like your take on the scale. :devil: it is!

Rebeca
04-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Angelica and Suzanne- your words sounds lke music to my ears! As long as the scale number goes down i dont care where it came from, but i feel like i am about to float around (drinking lots and lots of water)!

Rebeca
04-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Angelica and Suzanne- your words sounds lke music to my ears! As long as the scale number goes down i dont care where it came from, but i feel like i am about to float around (drinking lots and lots of water)!

Repo girl
04-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Morning everyone!!! I have been having computer problems all morning, so I was just able to get on. Good to see everyone doing well. TO is going fine for me, too. I have not been weighing lately, so I can't tell you what kind of a loss I am seeing, but I can tell that I have rid myself of a lot of water retention. I am feeling really irritated with myself this morning. My binge this weekend did more than up the scale. It really screwed with my fibromyalgia, and I feel like crap today. I think the combo of way too much sugar and the time change have done it, but I don't feel like doing much of anything today. Pretty much hurting everywhere. I am going to do some stretching and take it easy today, and pop a big sleeping pill tonight. Hopefully I can get myself back on track. For the record, cheating was definitely not worth feeling like this. I am light and sound sensitive today, too. Let this be a lesson for next time...

stiesta
04-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Katie -- I am right there with you on not weighing in for a while. I will probably see what good TO did me tomorrow, but I am staying clear for my mental health! Sorry you're hurting today -- get some rest and feel better soon! :hug:

Christie

mujiboston
04-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Thank you all for your support!!! :hug:

We called the police and gave them a description of the man and they said they will send out a patrol and will call us if they need to. we talked to our neighbors and this have been happening in recent weeks. we live in a small townhome community, so i guess this guy (or another guy) has been going around ringing every door in our complex and sometimes crouching down beneath the peep hole so when you look out you cant see anyone. my neighbor saw a shadow and did not open the door. another neighbor said that she have seen a man jiggling every door handle. sometimes i think that is why my dog is crazy. he barks and barks when he hears any noises....even if it is just the clanking of the dryer. maybe when we are not home this stuff has been happening. we have been fortunate, i guess, since sometimes we do forget to leave the door unlock after letting the dogs out. anyways, we'll at least invest in another bolt lock or something.

rebecca- i had chicken adobe last week too, and i think i could feel my hands swell the minute i was done eating. and then i gained two pounds. exercising and drinking lots of water will help. I remembered when i used to run, i would have salt on the side of my face after an hour or so....oh, how i miss that.

Bobby- i go on the scale like 5 times a day. i noticed that when i dont WI 3x a week, i do not do as well. maybe because i think i have 4 days to make it up until the next WI. So, going on 5x a day helps me. i can pin point exactly where i may have gone wrong, and such.

Bobby18
04-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Katie - I hope you are feeling better after taking it easy today. I think these are great things to write down in order to remember exactly how we feel after going offP. I know that, for me, I would put more thought in the longer term ramifications instead of just "I want it".

Muji - Weighing that often would not be good for my health. Personally, it would drive me crazy and probably drive me to eat as a result of the stress I would put on myself. I am happy it helps you stay on program though.

So, what do you all eat for lunch? Generally we have sandwiches, but I am getting really sick of them. Because I work during the day, I need something I can bring with me. Any recommendations or great recipes I should try?

30lbsby22
04-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Wow you chickies have been busy this morning!!

Christine I am sorry to hear you feel so awful on TO. Hopefully it is all worth it!! This is your last day, good luck girl!! :carrot: :hug:

Katie- I'm sorry your FM is acting up again. Rest up and get better. I saw you posted on the exercise yard but only did stretching and breathing. Good thinking! Dont push yourself you know your limits.

Rebecca- Soy sauce is a nasty nasty little thing. Sorry for the 3lb gain. Just drink extra water today. Maybe even consider the hot water with lemon to flush that stuff right out of you.

Muji- I read your horrible post last night and I have to tell you it was the first time in a long time that I locked the front door. Hope the cops find that guy. Good for you for not opening the door all the way also!!

Deets- I was never told there was a requirement for each color. I was just told to stay under 5 hours, anything over and they would change my plan.

To everyone else I hope you all have a wonderful day! I have to go get ready for work!! :D

Oh one more thing. I know it might not last long but I went to WI today and I am down 3lbs since saturday. Granted I was sick all weekend so I will probably gain the weight back. But I had to move my ticker. Its never been this low!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

SyracuseNY
04-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Deets: I think that exercise amount is right for Blue. I'm doing alittle over 5 hours a week and they put me on Red. Doesn't seem to be working any better than the Blue for me. I've only seen a tiny decrease in the scale. Of course, if I was 100% POP, I would have better results. I'm trying, I really am trying. I haven't seen an increase, so I guess it's the better of 2 evils.

Rebeca - Thanks, and I'll let you know about going to lunch.

Space: I'm going to give the chicken nuggets a try. Thanks for posting the recipe! What a great idea using the light bread for bread crumbs, think of all the possibilities... You know, I have a loaf of light bread and 1/2 of loaf of bread has a huge whole in it - I was going to toss as I can't give up air as part of my starch. Now, I'll toast those pieces and grind them for bread crumbs.

Hey, forgot to say Hi to a few, and missed Carmen and Repro on my last post.

Hugs, Sy

deetsmom
04-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Wow you chickies have been busy this morning!!

Christine I am sorry to hear you feel so awful on TO. Hopefully it is all worth it!! This is your last day, good luck girl!! :carrot: :hug:

Katie- I'm sorry your FM is acting up again. Rest up and get better. I saw you posted on the exercise yard but only did stretching and breathing. Good thinking! Dont push yourself you know your limits.

Rebecca- Soy sauce is a nasty nasty little thing. Sorry for the 3lb gain. Just drink extra water today. Maybe even consider the hot water with lemon to flush that stuff right out of you.

Muji- I read your horrible post last night and I have to tell you it was the first time in a long time that I locked the front door. Hope the cops find that guy. Good for you for not opening the door all the way also!!

Deets- I was never told there was a requirement for each color. I was just told to stay under 5 hours, anything over and they would change my plan.

To everyone else I hope you all have a wonderful day! I have to go get ready for work!! :D

Oh one more thing. I know it might not last long but I went to WI today and I am down 3lbs since saturday. Granted I was sick all weekend so I will probably gain the weight back. But I had to move my ticker. Its never been this low!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

what color plan are you on?

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Katie - Sorry you are feeling so bad today - Hopefully the pain will pass soon!! Keeping you in my thoughts ....

mujiboston
04-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Lunch today: left over from sunday's dinner, Shrimp Jambalaya (from the LAWL cookbook). I love it. i added a couple of chili peppers and it was hot! i just mircowave it at work.

deetsmom
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
I had leftovers too, YUMMY Asian Turkey meatballs over spinach (this is my new veggie of choice this week...I go through phases...this week is all about brocolli and spinach- used to HATE it), now, I can serve just about anything over a bed of spinach and I am happy.

30lbsby22
04-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Deets I am on red now but that is because I am doing about 9-10 hours a week of workouts. I try to get in at least 1.5hours a day 6 days a week. I started on purple and stayed on it until I started working out. They said had I stayed under 5 hours they would not have to change my plan (they also told me in the beginning not to do weight training if possible just focus on cardio)

deetsmom
04-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Deets I am on red now but that is because I am doing about 9-10 hours a week of workouts. I try to get in at least 1.5hours a day 6 days a week. I started on purple and stayed on it until I started working out. They said had I stayed under 5 hours they would not have to change my plan (they also told me in the beginning not to do weight training if possible just focus on cardio)

WOW, thats quite a bit:)

Boo'sMom
04-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Lean Cuisine Roasted Pepper pizza--my favorite, but I only allow myself 2 per week. I like to take them when I sub because I feel like I am eating with the other teachers. I never paid attention to what other people ate until now!

angelica1674
04-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Lean Cuisine Roasted Pepper pizza--my favorite, but I only allow myself 2 per week. I like to take them when I sub because I feel like I am eating with the other teachers. I never paid attention to what other people ate until now!
I love Lean Cuisine Pissa.My favorite is the spinach and mushroom with hot sauce all over it.Yummy1:hungry:

deetsmom
04-04-2006, 02:17 PM
I have two of those in my freezer...cant bring myself to eat one with the sodium factor:(

angelica1674
04-04-2006, 02:20 PM
The sodium has never affected me with frozen meals. I just drink lots of water.You should break down Deets and try one they are really good!

PURPLEPIRATE99
04-04-2006, 02:31 PM
I have actually eaten less frozen meals since starting LAWL than ever in my life - Maybe I need to break up the monotony and start working them in 1-2 times a week - I did that at first and it was working fine for me....

angelica1674
04-04-2006, 02:35 PM
sounds like a good idea Purplepirate. frozen meals or CC never affect me. Well except for pizza when I get it out somewhere.Like Pizza Hut.I eat alot of cereal and alot of times when I do I eat more cereal than I am supposed to :wink: