04-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Just hoping we all have a great April!
Another stormy morning in Idaho!
BS was 130, higher than I like. :(
ttfn
Lil

akrosey49
04-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Morning everyone..cold and cloudy here and ive been up early..but since i went to bed early and had a nap yesteday i was all slept out.. and had good sleep for a change:carrot: ..i am planning a bingo outing this afternoon and will let you all know if im a winner or a looser..sl were 125 this am so they are coming down after all that chocolate..may i ask a dumb computer question?? what is the reason for starting new threads?? does it make it harder to post when the threads are longer.. just curious as it seems we do that more in this group than any other i have been in and i dont know alot about the workings of a computer so wondered about this.. we are never to old to learn new things right:D .. have agreat day evryone.. make good choices for yourselves ((((((hugs)))) rosey :wave:

Josian
04-01-2006, 05:55 PM
New threads are just easier to keep track of, I guess... Dunno. :)

How is everyone? I'm feelin' kindof yucky still after the pigfest and appointment yesterday, trying to take it easy today. We are going to monster in laws for dinner tonight so I made a "legal" orange souffle to take with me... of course, the darn thing fell. Oh well. :)

Hugs to all, and I hope everyone is having a fun-filled April Fools and weekend!

meowee
04-01-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure I know either . . . back in the days before almost everyone was on high speed connections, long threads used to take a long, long time to load. Probably isn't as necessary any more but as I travel around these boards I seem to see quite a few that relaunch themselves monthly, so just thought I'd keep us in the same swimming pool.

See you soon, gang. Keep doing all the moving and shaking. :carrot:

creations
04-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Good morning everyone!
Its cold again here in Michigan. The weatherman is saying rain tonite and a chance of snow showers tomorrow nite. Joy. I'm ready to have the doors and windows open.
Have a great day.
Judy

gmalil
04-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Good morning!
BS down to 123 this morning, on the right track!:)
We had rain yesterday and more expected today, but the snow is staying up on the butte behind us. :) nice to look at, but we are ready to garden! looking forward to a good harvest of health yummy veggies! :carrot: DH has been getting the plot ready as weather permits, and has planted some winter things, that can survive the cold.
Josian, sorry about the souffle, hope the dionner wan't too bad. "Monster-in-laws"? Yikes, sounds awful!.:yikes:

ttfn
Lil

hefty1
04-02-2006, 01:06 PM
hi all. judy keep the snoww for yourself. glen

akrosey49
04-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Morning everyone..another nice sunny day here today.. i can see mud and dirt in the yard so the snow is going :carrot: ..i was a winner yesterday..came home with 250$ it was fun.. but i didnt do as well with lunch..my dd and split a piece of coconut cr pie.. sure thought it was a good idea at the time and was yummy but sl where 145 this am:?: i know better but theres always a but...so im going to try and do better today.. one day at a time right..im going to stay busy.. need to make a few items for a fund raiser chinese auction that my dd is organizing for a friend who was in a terrible auto accident (the lady lost 8 yr old son and her dd was injured and herself with permanent damage) very sad.. so we are trying to raise some money to help with their medical expenses..with a spaghetti feed and auction hosted by the lions club here..i promised a quilt and some beaded jewelry so need to get busy..sooooooo how was all of your weekend.. good i hope.. will ck in later (((((((hugs))))))) rosey :wave:

meowee
04-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Well hello everybody . . . its raining and its chilly and very windy as well. I guess we have to be fair and give the sun a day off once in a while, but I really miss it and hope it comes back soon. :^: I noticed yesterday that the first of the cormorants have returned, so our spring snowstorm cannot be too far behind . . . stupid birds . . . you'd think they'd learn to listen to weather forecasts instead of just reading the calendar every year. :dizzy:

Nothing too exciting going on around here, but for some reason it seems to be keeping me busy. So, I'd better get back to it. Have a great rest of the weekend, gang. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the right direction. :carrot:

hefty1
04-02-2006, 05:50 PM
:coolsno: snow is a bad word moewee
wtg rosey :) glen

meowee
04-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Good Morning, gang. At least I think it's morning. I have a difficult time adjusting to time changes every year. Takes my body a few days to sort everything out. :dizzy: And I'm even worse when we go back to ST in the Fall.

Hopefully everyody else is having a great day. Keep moving and shaking, gang, and I'll see you later . . . when I figure out what day it is. :D

Josian
04-03-2006, 02:23 PM
My body is out of whack today too. :) Fall change isn't bad, it's spring that gets ya!

Been a pretty good weekend... Monster-in-law really isn't too bad. She had meningitis a couple of years ago and does and says some pretty bizarro things sometimes. She has been on my case about wedding stuff that I haven't even started planning yet. I just told her that when I need her help, I will call her, but until then to leave the planning up to us... However she thinks b/c she's contributing a small amount of money she can have a major say... Wrong again. But the worst thing is, is that she gripes to my fiance about it, but doesn't say anything to me, which gets him mad and starts getting on my case about it... You get the picture. *sigh* I'll be glad when this thing is done and over with!!! :)

Hugs... gotta get going. Running way behind today!

akrosey49
04-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Morning everyone.. well i should be singing jingle bells as it snowing sideways out this am and allready have several inches.. and i thought spring was coming..:?: ..sl are back to normal and im feeling pretty good..have those projects to finnish today and plan on making moose stew for supper..thought that would be appropriate with the snow and all..josian.. sry for the mil troubles.. mine can be a bit of trouble now and then too and ive been married for 37 yrs now..my mil is 84 now and we know her elevator doesnt go to the top floor anymore so we just laugh and deal with it..hope your wedding plans go smoothly for you.. after all its your day..i went shopping with my dd and grdd yesterday.. the grdd wanted to go to the new ice cream shop that just opened.. have any of you heard of "cold stone creamery" it was yummy but expensive..not sure our small town can support that kind of bs..its a nice to try a new thing once..it was fun day anyways..meowee.. im guessing we are close in age and i dont like change either..hope you all have agreat day anyways((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

sapphire9
04-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Hi all. We're having record rain and I love it. Meowee, I don't like the time change either, although this time it seemed to be easier for me. I like the winter months better, when it's dark more. Oh well. Still have lots of anxiety and trying not to let it affect my eating. Did eat two bowls of non-fat popcorn this evening. 220 cals. My gym membership has come through so I will start exercising soon. Never ever been to a gym before so this will be a new experience. Hope I can keep it up.

suddenly susan
04-03-2006, 11:36 PM
hehee HEY everybody :) I am a little slow and I was still posting in the thread for March ;) seems my brain runs slower than my feet...didn't think that was possible! :doh: Cheers to a new month!

s.

meowee
04-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Good Morning, everybody . . . it's Tuesday and about 10:45 here in Nova Scotia . . . just thought I'd point out that I've figured out the date and time. :D It's also sunny and fairly cold . . . not what I'd call a pleasant spring day, but I guess we'll just have to settle for what we've got.

My BS was 5.9 (106) this morning which is a little high for me. Don't have any reason why, either. It had been up a little after my ice-cream and muffin episode last Friday which was to be expected but it had settled back down to the normal 4.5 to 4.9 (80 to 90) range the last couple of days.

My 'eat-less; move-more' activities have been right on track the past few days, too. We'll see what the scale-:devil: thinks tomorrow. Not expecting anything too great after that little afore-mentioned explosion in the middle of my week.

Looks like I'll be going back to work for a little while. I get these "please do a special project for us" requests a couple of times a year and I never have the heart to say no. Actually, I enjoy it and it's so nice to be wanted, :hug: but it does put a crimp in my 'retired-person, doing-nothing' activities. :dizzy:

Anyway, gang, keep moving and shaking in the right direction, and I'll be seeing you soon. :carrot:

Josian
04-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Morning all!

I'm still having a hard time moving around due to horseback riding on Sunday, but it sure felt good to get out and do it.. (although my horse desperately needs a bath-I brushed her for literally an hour just to get enough dirt off her to get a saddle on!) My inner thighs and my abs feel it the worst! (no horse smileys, so a :moo: will have to work!

BS 112 this morning. I made a pot of "Sanity soup" this weekend and had a big bowl of it yesterday when the craving for something not so good (Like DF's orange marmalade cake out in the garage fridge). It helped fill me up so i didn't feel like I needed anything else.

I have a meeting tonight, in a pizza place. A very slippery slope for me, because everyone around me is munching and crunching away. I'll try to eat before I get there then snack on something healthy.

I better get cracking. Lots to do today and a late night to boot.

:grouphug:

meowee
04-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Good Morning, everybody . . . wow, did I ever get a pleasant surprise this morning. After all my trepidation over the past few days, the scale decided to be very kind. :goodscale I got to move my little 'running-cat' slider three (3) pounds to the right.

Helps to make up for the fact that it has been kind of cold and rainy so far today, although the radio is telling me we will see sun and a high of 10C (50F) later on. We'll just have to wait and see. :cool:

Another 5.9 (106) in the blood-glucose department this morning. Maybe this means that 16 units of Inuslin at night is a good levelling off place and I can cut back a little on my meal-sized bedtime snack. I hope so because I really don't like going to bed on that full a stomach. Tends to make me restless during the night. Not as restless as a 'hypo', though. :D

Well, gang . . . I have to run a couple of errands and then get started on my work-related project. I sincerely hope that everyone of you gets at least one pleasant and unexpected surprise today. :hug: Have a great time moving and shaking and heading in that downward direction. :carrot:

Josian
04-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Mornin' all!

WTG Meowee!! :cp: :bravo: :cp:

I wish my metal monster would do the same thing, but it's stuck at 188. It's TOM too, that doesn't help. I'm switching BCPills on Monday so hopefully that will help with the bloating and weight gain! I need to lose again! My wedding is looming in on 7 months!

Lillie, it looks like we might be getting some property, about an hour north of Boise. Can't do anything with it once we buy it (wedding and such), but if we have it, we can get it started for our dream house! and barn! and garage! :)

Alright, time to get crackin'.

Josian
04-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi all!

I hope everyone is doing okay this morning!

The metal monster was kind to me and dropped 2 pounds.! Woohoo! Only 10 more to go before I get back down to my "before bc change weight." It has been a struggle!

Keep the fingers crossed ! xxx

meowee
04-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Just a quick little note to let you know I'm still out here but not feeling too well today. See you soon, gang.

Josian
04-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Meowee, :hug: Hope you feel better soon!

akrosey49
04-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Morning everyone.. meowee so sorry you are not feeling up to your usual self..must be going around as i havent been well either.. and you can see i havent posted in a few days..some days are just better than others and im sure tired of hurting all the time.. like a big toothache :?: ..i will discuss this with my dr at my next check up..maybe its my meds or one of them but ill bet its my body way of saying im just to fat.. and i know what todo about that..i just need to get with the program..we had 8 inches of snow and then it rained.. its a sloppy mess outside.. i finished the quilt for the benefit and am now working on the beaded jewelry..it feels good to do something to help someone else out..sooooooo what are all of you up to lately..and hows the food choices going..any more binges?? i guess its easier for me not to binge when i dont bring the foods home that i shouldnt eat..hope you all have agreat day (((((hugs))) rosey :wave:

sapphire9
04-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi, all. Meowee and Rosey - sorry you're not feeling so well. :hug: Hope things get better. I just got back from the doctor's. My A1c is up to 6.2 from 5.4 and my microalbumin is way up (has to do with kidneys) so I have to go back on high blood pressure meds. Sigh. I've been bad lately with eating. Weighed in okay at the clinic last night but at the doctor's this morning I was up a lb. Got to nip that in the bud. My gym membership came through so I'm going Saturday to get started. Things are pretty boring at work. Gives me too much time to worry. Josian, congrats on the 2 lb loss.

creations
04-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Went to the dr this morning. Blood pressure was up and weight was up .8. Have to get busy and exerisce. Went looking at 3 wheel bikes this morning. Maybe that's the answer. Just don't know.
Got up to 50 today,suppose to have rain tonite and tomorrow.

Judy S

BBWonwheels
04-07-2006, 12:50 PM
is it good to eat reduced fat triscuits? for snack?

BBWonwheels
04-07-2006, 12:52 PM
we need to post meals that everybody eat a day.....lol

Josian
04-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Morning all.

I post my meals elsewhere... However, I will tell you that I stay away from anything "reduced fat"-just means chemically altered. IMHO! I also stay away from processed flour, sugars.. basically, I don't eat much pre-packaged stuff. If you want to know more, let me know.

I need to get back to the doc and have some bloodwork done, it's been about 9 months. I know, bad.

meowee
04-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Still only a little whimper from me, gang. I still feel yicky and my BS is yicky too at 7.3 (131) this morning.

I think yogurt and/or fruit would be a better snack than triscuits which are too high in refined carbs and salt. Unfortunately, they are also very tasty.

See you all soon.

akrosey49
04-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Morning everyone..i am feeling better.. had agood night of sleep and that was a big help..i am trying to get my motivation going again..havent been real careful of my food choices..and im not going to get to where i want to be and should be if dont watch it..get better soon meowee..as far as snacks go i eat sf jello..cheese and fruit..wheat thins crackers..yogurt.. and snack size fat free popcorn..breakfast is usually toast and coffee..lunch salad or sandwhich or fruit and yogurt or soup.. dinner..protein, a carb like noodles or potatoe, and vegies..sometimes its a combo like a casserole..i try and portion control..but not always successful there..oh i do use lean cusines for lunch or dinner when i dont want to cook.. the best i find that helps me is not to bring it home from the store..no will power when its handy like chocolate:?: i did buy peeps for my grkids and didnt eat one and i love them..i am going to bingo tonite with dd again.. the dh has gone to his cabin with the guys for a few days so im a free women:D for now:dizzy: have a great day everyone (((((((((hugs))))) rosey :wave:

suddenly susan
04-07-2006, 06:47 PM
By any chance have any of you ever had any trouble digesting protein? This is really,um, gross, but whenever I actually get "enough" protein in my diet, I get terrible odrous gas (which is often a sign of poor protein digestion). I don't have insurance, so my options are limited as far as seeking my doctor's advice is concerned...
It's going to be a long irritating road if I can't eat much protein OR carbohydrates because of my diabetes :( I guess I am just curious if anybody else has had the same trouble, or maybe trouble with particular types of protein? (like from soy or certain meats). I prefer sticking with soy proteins because I would like my meat intake to be very limited (I plan on eventually going veggie again once I know how to better regulate my diet), but I have been eating various types of lean meats for the last six months.
Sorry so wordy...I am just at a loss

any thoughts?

susan

flowerbunnylove
04-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Good morning!
BS down to 123 this morning, on the right track!:)
We had rain yesterday and more expected today, but the snow is staying up on the butte behind us. :) nice to look at, but we are ready to garden! looking forward to a good harvest of health yummy veggies! :carrot: DH has been getting the plot ready as weather permits, and has planted some winter things, that can survive the cold.
Josian, sorry about the souffle, hope the dionner wan't too bad. "Monster-in-laws"? Yikes, sounds awful!.:yikes:

ttfn
Lil

I'm pretty new to this forum and was pleasantly surprised to find this thread. I too and a type 2 diabetic and need to lose weight. It's nice to know that I'm not alone!

And Lil, I used to live in a small town in Idaho, and your mention of the "butte" brought back fond memories. I miss Idaho dearly!

Have a good weekend all! :)

Josian
04-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Hi all!

Welcome Flowerbunny! :) My fiance and I are looking into buying some land up near Idaho City, we are hoping to head back up to Boise probably in two weeks to go look at it. xx fingers crossed xx Then of course, that means we won't move for ten years because we have to build.... :p

BS is 129 this morning... not bad. I'm off to Corning CA with my mom to go retrieve my 6 year old nephew this morning.. I HATE getting up early on the weekends... (it's 5:30, gotta be out the door in 15 minutes!)

Take care!

akrosey49
04-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Morning everyone:coffee: i am feeling pretty good another night of sleep and no nagging back ache:) ..we had a nice time at bingo i wasnt a big winner..won back what i spent so thats agood thing..but my dd won $700.. she was so excited i had to peal her off the ceiling:rofl:..my sl have been up this am and i have been following ww pts and watching the carbs so not sure why..maybe its cuz im not eating as often? frustrating for sure..its quiet around here while the dh is gone..im enjoying it tho..susan i have experienced what you had but never knew the why or what..hope you are feeling better.. meowee are you better today too?? welcome flower bunny.. we are a fun informative and supportive group..enjoy the drive josian..and have agreat day everyone.. make good choices for yourself..im back on track and using the pain ive been having to fuel my desire to be better physically.. my dd taught me that.. never to old to learn...she has lost 180# and didnt have surgury.. she just got mad at her self and used the anger to fuel her resolve it really worked for her and no she didnt have the surgury.. she moved more and ate less( ww pts) it took her about a yr to get to goal.. she went from a 3x to a size 6.. amazing and im so proud..shes my cheering section..anyways sorry for the ramble.. will check in later ((((((((hugs))))) rosey :wave:

flowerbunnylove
04-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome! :)

Rosey, good for your dd! I wish I had the resolve, but I think I'm slowly finding it. :?:

Josian, I've never been to Idaho City but absolutely LOVE Boise! I think it's probably my favorite city in the country, and I've been almost everywhere! LOL

creations
04-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I got my bike but was on it only for a few minutes and almost killed myself. Had problems with the balance thing(its a three wheeler) and the hand brake. I'm sure a few times out I'll be fine.
Both bs and bp are up. Not good.
Judy

flowerbunnylove
04-08-2006, 06:30 PM
I got my bike but was on it only for a few minutes and almost killed myself. Had problems with the balance thing(its a three wheeler) and the hand brake. I'm sure a few times out I'll be fine.
Both bs and bp are up. Not good.
Judy

Have to control that BS and BP to protect those kidneys.

I have a stationary Schwinn and really like it. The seat was uncomfortable but we bought a different one and it's great!

creations
04-08-2006, 11:11 PM
I have a stationary bike also. But I wanted one for outside. Used to love to bike ride and walk. Can't walk that much because of my ankle and foot,so though I would try bike riding. Need to find some type of exercise that I enjoy.

Judy S

Josian
04-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Wow Rosey! What inspiration you have with your dd!

Back from CA, I swear my nephew keeps growing everytime I see him! :) We had a snowball fight at the top of the mountain pass, had great fun! I'm going out to my parents house tomorrow to see him and get him out with the horses... He just loves them.

Hugs,

flowerbunnylove
04-08-2006, 11:33 PM
I have a stationary bike also. But I wanted one for outside. Used to love to bike ride and walk. Can't walk that much because of my ankle and foot,so though I would try bike riding. Need to find some type of exercise that I enjoy.

Judy S

I can relate. I broke my ankle, leg and foot in many places and just can't do what I want anymore. With the weather improving, I'm hoping I can try to move around more outside. A person doesn't appreciate what they've got until it's gone...

meowee
04-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Good Morning everybody . . . and a big welcoming :hug: for you, flowerbunny.

Well, I'm feeling almost human again. . . with a little emphasis on the 'almost'. :dizzy: Still a little fuzzy round the edges but definitely better that the past few days. Temperature back to normal and I'm no longer devouring every carbo that I lay eyes on (result of the fever demanding to be fed) so my BS is pretty much back to normal, too, at 4.8 (86) this morning.

Hope everybody else is doing well. Keep on moving and shaking and heading in that great downward direction, gang. See you soon. :carrot:

Josian
04-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Mornin!!

Glad you're feeling better, meowee! Sounded like a tough one, but you are over the worst!

Off to get in some horsie time with my nephew!

hugs,

flowerbunnylove
04-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Good Morning everybody . . . and a big welcoming :hug: for you, flowerbunny.

Well, I'm feeling almost human again. . . with a little emphasis on the 'almost'. :dizzy: Still a little fuzzy round the edges but definitely better that the past few days. Temperature back to normal and I'm no longer devouring every carbo that I lay eyes on (result of the fever demanding to be fed) so my BS is pretty much back to normal, too, at 4.8 (86) this morning.

Hope everybody else is doing well. Keep on moving and shaking and heading in that great downward direction, gang. See you soon. :carrot:

Thank you for the warm welcome, and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. :) In my experience, the only thing worse than being sick is being diabetic and sick!

Have spent the day under the blue sky and in the sunshine. :) My numbers are in the 5's, and it's a beautiful Sunday! I hope everyone enjoys it!

Josian
04-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Mornin' all.

I hate Mondays... I always feel like a grumpy grumpy Garfield on Monday mornings... :)

Everything is going pretty well. BG 93 this AM.

akrosey49
04-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Hi evryone.. sunny and melting here this am.. i luv it.. maybe spring is coming afterall..i have been sleeping great and feeling alot better.. never realized how bad the wrong food choices can make you feel until you do the right thing for awhile..have been following ww for 5 days now.. havent weighed yet but sure do have more energy and feel better in general.. im hungry all the time tho.. and am ignoring it..my dr once told me if you werent hungry some of the time it wasnt working:?:.. it sure helps that my husband is doing the same thing..makes cooking alot easier..instead of cooking 2 diff things.. my sl was 112 this am..i dont mind mondays josian.. but thats cuz im retired .. am still working on the beaded things..meowee hope you are better.. was it the flu?? yuck!! sooo whats everyones plans for easter?? we are having a small get together here with my dd and family and maybe mil..i dont want to fuss to much.. the oldest dd cant come.. they are 3-4 hr drive away..but they were just here for spring break..have agreat day everyone and make good food choices you will feel better:dizzy: ((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

meowee
04-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Gang . . . Nova Scotia is sunny and fairly mild today . . . and everything seems to be unfolding as it should. :cool: Although, my little work project is eating up a little more of my time than I might wish. . . and I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better.

My BS was 5.1 (92) this morning. The 15 units of bedtime insulin seems to be about right with yogurt and fruit for a bedtime snack. Hoping it will stay in the mid4's to mid5's without having to stuff myself at night. Now if I could just get my before dinner BS down below 7 (126) on a regular basis, I'd be a really happy camper.

Anyway, Keep on moving and shaking, gang. Remember . . . the only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary. :carrot:

flowerbunnylove
04-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Woke up with a sugar of 5.9 (106). An ok number but I prefer to be a bit lower. My bedtime sugar was 4.6 (82), so my popcorn snack raised me up a bit.

Physical therapy started my day and was the usual. I had an appointment with a pain specialist who treated me like a nobody - I was a number, a victim of assembly-line medicine. That doesn't work for me. He wants to poke me full of holes and doesn't even know why I'm there.

I'm an RN, and docs like that really frost my butt! :mad:

I hope everyone else's Monday has been ok! :)

Josian
04-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Hi all!

Flowerbunny, I understand totally what you are feeling. I'm in the process of looking for a new endo because I'm in his office for 10 minutes every three months and not getting much out of it.

I have a meeting tonight, and the hostess made lasagna! ahhh! At least she warned me when I was on the phone last night so I come somewhat prepared for it!

Well, need to finish getting ready for work and get out the door....

Hugs,

flowerbunnylove
04-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Hope everyone is having a good day! :coffee: I was out the door early this morning - didn't even get to drink my coffee.

Josian, when I went to see my first endo I wasn't even in there 5 minutes (literally!). This was when I was in Canada, and he was the only one there. I never went back - it was such a waste! Now that I'm back in the US again, I will be seeing a new endo later this month. I have such little hope for a positive experience. It all gets to a person after a while.

Lasagna sounds good! DH makes some good lasagna with Mueller pasta. The blood sugar is always good but I hate to think of how much fat is in it. Thankfully we don't eat it all of the time!

Enjoy your evening! :)

akrosey49
04-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Morning everyone:coffee2: its beautiful out this am..the snow has melted enuff so i could sit on my bench on the deck yesterday but it sure was cold..did shopping and im all stocked up on the right things..no peeps or chocolate bunnies hopped in my cart..i woke up this am and was so hungry i could have ate the refrigerator..settled for a bowl of whole grain cherrios and 1/2 a banna..am going back to town today as lean cusines are on sale and my dh and like them when we dont feel like cooking..i have had good experiences with my dr.. she is so nice to me.. even jumped like kid with me when i showed a weight loss and very supportive..she sent me to that diabeties class and i learned so much.. sorry you dont have a similar dr..shes very busy but never treats me like a number.. guess im lucky..i stopped the bedtime snack as my sl where up in the morning lately to see what the results are..no lows at night but thats why im so hungry in the am..didnt seem to make a diff tho as sl was 127 this am..hope you all have agreat day (((((((((hugs))))))))) rosey :wave:

sapphire9
04-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi, all. We're on our 17th day of record rain. I love it! Rosey, your doctor sounds great. My pcp is a good clinician, with a helpful office staff and doesn't make me wait, but he's short on the warm fuzzies. My endo is a little more personable but his office hours don't start till 9:30 a.m. (which means I have to take more time off work) and he often makes me wait. But he's a good endo. I've been pretty lax with the diet lately and am worried that I put on a few lbs. I have official weigh-in tomorrow. My new gym membership starts Saturday and I signed up for 4 personal training sessions. Maybe that will light a fire under me. Have a good day ladies.

flowerbunnylove
04-11-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm pretty lucky with my GP. I actually moved here because of him. He is an excellent doc and also a good friend (knock on wood that he doesn't get sick of me!). I'd be lost without him and it sickens me that one day he'll move or retire, and then I'll be lost. :stress:

meowee
04-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Hi gang . . . wow have I ever had a busy day . . . no time to even check in to 3FC until now . . . we retired types are just not used to this level of activity :D . . . hopefully things will be a little quieter tomorrow.

I know what you mean about doctors . . . my GP is bad enough . . . he never seems happy if he can't find something to chastise me about (unfortuntely rural Nova Scotia doesn't know what an endocronologist (sp) is), but we do have a pretty good Diabetes Education Centre.

Well, I'd better get myself some dinner before I'm so hungry I do bad stuff. Here's a little :dust: to help us make it through the night. Keep doing the good stuff gang. :carrot:

westcoastwaterbaby
04-11-2006, 08:58 PM
:?: I'm in my mid 40's and a recent trip to the Dr.'s office for a check-up reflected some high numbers. My fasting sugar level was 118 and that other test (not sure) reflected 6.9%. He wanted me to go on meds but I wanted to wait a couple of weeks and check it again. Only this time I'm cutting out all the bad carbs etc. and back at the gym. I'm having a hard time accepting that I might be diabetic and really don't want to be (so who does) but if I have a choice of taking meds or a strict diet and exercise I'll take the later. Can I get those numbers down? Is it poossible that because I was eating so poorly the weeks before that the numbers spiked?

Keeping my fingers crossed. Well, I'm off to the gym, back tomorrow.

Thank you.

flowerbunnylove
04-11-2006, 09:32 PM
:?: I'm in my mid 40's and a recent trip to the Dr.'s office for a check-up reflected some high numbers. My fasting sugar level was 118 and that other test (not sure) reflected 6.9%. He wanted me to go on meds but I wanted to wait a couple of weeks and check it again. Only this time I'm cutting out all the bad carbs etc. and back at the gym. I'm having a hard time accepting that I might be diabetic and really don't want to be (so who does) but if I have a choice of taking meds or a strict diet and exercise I'll take the later. Can I get those numbers down? Is it poossible that because I was eating so poorly the weeks before that the numbers spiked?

Keeping my fingers crossed. Well, I'm off to the gym, back tomorrow.

Thank you.

The 6.9% must be the results of your HgbA1c, which represents a persons average blood glucose level for the past few months. 6.9 is high for someone who isn't diabetic. I would definitely be concerned about that number, IMHO. A fasting of 118 is elevated also.

A person can get those numbers down with diet and exercise or meds or both. It just depends on what works for you.

I have to say, because of family history, I "knew" I was diabetic for years before actually going to the doctor and being diagnosed. My fasting at diagnosis was 300. Please don't live in denial as I did - if it's there, confront it head on and don't let it win! :hug:

meowee
04-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi there, Waterbaby, welcome aboard. It's definitely not a fun disease, but you can control it. We are all here to help you along the way. I have to agree with Flowerbunny, you have to face it head on and take control, lose some weight, get some exercise and live the best life-style you can. :hug:

Well, it's almost :beach: weather here in Nova Scotia today. Sunny and a predicted high of 18C (64F).

My :goodscale shows another pound sent off to ugly-pound-heaven this morning. It was actually a little bit more but since these tickers don't want to reflect part pounds, I'll settle for one. Maybe I'll look around for some tickers that do measure the parts.

Unfortunately, my BG metre-:devil: was not quite as nice to me. BS was 7.1 (almost 128) which is exceptionally high for me in the morning and I have no reason why. Oh well, this too will pass. I'm sure we'd all like to be able to glue ourselves at 5 (90) all day, everyday . . . but in reality, it doesn't happen that way . . . even non-diabetics have fluctuations.

Anyway, gang . . . I've got to get back to my real-world work project. Have a great day moving and shaking and heading in the right direction . . . downward. Here's our little dose of :dust: to help us on our way.

flowerbunnylove
04-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone! It's starting off to be a beautiful day here, with highs supposed to be in the 60's! :sunny:

My sugar was 5.1 today - not so bad - and I'm happy with that. Was hoping to get a little exercise or spend some time in the sunshine, but instead I have to pack to move and DH is working.

Meowee, congrats on your continued weight loss. Enjoy the weather! I recently moved to Maine, but haven't been up to your neck of the woods yet. Someday I plan to go.

Take care everyone, and have a good day! :flow1:

gmalil
04-12-2006, 11:02 AM
I had to make a hurried trip to Calif after my mom died last week. She has been bedridden and in lots of pain for a long time, so it is good to know that she is free of that!
We survived a blizzard in Nevada and torential rain in Sacramento, got back across donner pass before another snow storm would have required chains, it is so good to be back home safe in Idaho! Our yard decided it was Spring while we were gone, and we were welcomed back with lots of flowers, blooming for the first time.
Flowerbunny, Squaw Butte is almost in my back yard! It is a gorgeous site. :)
Josian, I wish you well in Idaho city !! That is a beautiful area. We just found out that the county is planning to put a 5 lane hwy thru our little paradise. it is proposed to go right thru people's homes and lands. some farms would be condemned, it would go between our neighbors house and his barn!
We have joined a Citizens committee to oppose it. so be sure and look at "Land Use" propositions, and section lines etc. Your in-laws are having the same kinds of problems in their Star.
akrosey, I need to get busy on finishing some crafts for our Hospital Auxilary Spring luncheon next week, I am in charge of the 'Country Store'. I have some ceramics that need some finishing.
I must get going. I haven't un-packed from the trip, the dog has to go to the groomers..I have appt tomorrow with GP to evaluate my meds.
ttfn
Lil

flowerbunnylove
04-12-2006, 11:29 AM
I had to make a hurried trip to Calif after my mom died last week. She has been bedridden and in lots of pain for a long time, so it is good to know that she is free of that!
We survived a blizzard in Nevada and torential rain in Sacramento, got back across donner pass before another snow storm would have required chains, it is so good to be back home safe in Idaho! Our yard decided it was Spring while we were gone, and we were welcomed back with lots of flowers, blooming for the first time.
Flowerbunny, Squaw Butte is almost in my back yard! It is a gorgeous site. :)
Josian, I wish you well in Idaho city !! That is a beautiful area. We just found out that the county is planning to put a 5 lane hwy thru our little paradise. it is proposed to go right thru people's homes and lands. some farms would be condemned, it would go between our neighbors house and his barn!
We have joined a Citizens committee to oppose it. so be sure and look at "Land Use" propositions, and section lines etc. Your in-laws are having the same kinds of problems in their Star.
akrosey, I need to get busy on finishing some crafts for our Hospital Auxilary Spring luncheon next week, I am in charge of the 'Country Store'. I have some ceramics that need some finishing.
I must get going. I haven't un-packed from the trip, the dog has to go to the groomers..I have appt tomorrow with GP to evaluate my meds.
ttfn
Lil

Lil, so sorry to hear about your mom. You're in my thoughts.

westcoastwaterbaby
04-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Thanks all for the "welcome" & replies. I suppose if I have to accept it I have no choice. I'm holding out for my next test results before I do though. I'm kicking my workout and diet into high gear though that's for sure. A friend of mine was diagnosed with Type 2, she said when she started taking meds it was even harder to lose any weight. Is this true in most cases?

Josian
04-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Morning all!

Lil, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm sorry you had to drive through the crazy weather - Spring in Nevada at its best. Hope all is well and you are doing okay!

I got some good news yesterday... I'll be going to Orlando at the end of July for my music fraternity's national convention as the Reno Alumnae Chapter's delegate... :) I'm excited! I'll be flying across the nation twice this year: to FL for SAI, then again for my honeymoon in MA!

yay!

alright, time to get crackin.

Hugs,

akrosey49
04-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Morning everyone..first grlil i am so sry about your mom..sad for you i know :hug: ..am glad you are home safe..we are having snow again this am:?: nothing exciting planned for today..lots i should be doing tho.. just feel like veging out..or reading a good book..sl were 110 this am pretty good for me..what are all your plans for easter? getting back in the swing with ww is going better than i thought esp when the dh is doing the same thing..meowee maybe your sl is up cuz you are so busy right now and a little stressed..congrats on the loss.. thats awsome:cp:..josian glad you like to travel..ive had bad experience flying:( but happy for u..airplanes arnt built for big people with handicaps..welcome westcoastwaterbaby we are agreat bunch and glad to see u here..flowerbunny what crafts do you do?? id be nuts without my crafts..anyways ladies and one gentlman have agreat day.. make good choices for yourself((((((hugs))))))))) rosey :wave:

flowerbunnylove
04-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks all for the "welcome" & replies. I suppose if I have to accept it I have no choice. I'm holding out for my next test results before I do though. I'm kicking my workout and diet into high gear though that's for sure. A friend of mine was diagnosed with Type 2, she said when she started taking meds it was even harder to lose any weight. Is this true in most cases?

I found that taking meds has helped me to lose weight. Metformin in particular is a drug that can help facilitate weight loss.

Diabetes can be very daunting, especially when newly diagnosed. Even as an RN, I was lost when I was first diagnosed. Now I've fallen into a routine and it has become a way of life. You just take it as it comes because there really isn't a choice. Diet, exercise, meds - they're not so bad when you consider the alternative complications. :)

I'm hoping for the best with your lab work. :hug:

flowerbunnylove
04-12-2006, 03:56 PM
akrosey49, I sure wish I did some crafts. I need some good hobbies. We're moving in 2 weeks, and after getting settled I'm hoping to start doing something. I need to for my sanity! LOL

My mom can crochet and knit with her eyes closed, but all I create are knots! :D

sapphire9
04-12-2006, 04:38 PM
West Coast, welcome to the thread. Your numbers are definitely in the diabetic range. I was able to control my bsl with diet and exercise in the past and you may be able to do this too. Unfortunately, I started eating too much of the wrong things and I had to start taking meds again. Metformin (Glucophage) does not make you put on weight. However, Actos and Glucotrol do make it harder to lose weight. Since your bsl is not too high right now, perhaps your doctor will start you on Metformin. Ask your doctor to refer you to a diabetes educator if one is available to you. They are really great. Don't be too discouraged. With the proper diet and exercise you can take charge of this disease.
I weighed in this a.m. and put on a couple of lbs. Had a taco salad for lunch yesterday and then a burrito and chips for dinner.:( Have to officially weigh in tonite.

Josian
04-13-2006, 01:38 AM
Hi all!

Another loooong day, time to settle down for some good rest.

Will talk more in the morning! :)

flowerbunnylove
04-13-2006, 09:55 AM
I just woke up, my fasting is 5.4. I wish I could be in the 4.5-4.9 range instead. :(

I agree it's going to be another long day - packing and cleaning. Oh well, it needs to be done.

Have a good day everyone! :)

meowee
04-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Good Morning, Sugar Babies . . .

Another beautiful morning in Atlantic Canada . . . but it is supposed to start raining this afternoon and then keep it up all weekend . . . so typical.

My BS was in the low 5's (90's) this morning. Definitely better than yesterday, but not my usual high 4's (80's). I think this abount of increase is probably due to the stress of this work project. Yesterday was just a little flucky.

Unfortunately, most diabetes meds make it more difficult for most people to lose weight. Trust me (experience speaking here) . . . that's nothing compared to the way going on insulin can help pack it on for a type II . . . so beat it before you get to that stage, kiddo.

Anyway, gang . . . here's a double dose of :dust: :dust: to help us stay sane in the face of the great chocolate explosion this weekend. Do the best you can. Get yourself one of those 85% cocoa chocolate bars (the kind that are supposed to be good more you 'in moderation'.) I've discovered that the 'in moderation' is not too difficult since I don't really like the stuff . . . too sharp/bitter tasting for me. So, now, can I just stay away from the Cadbury eggs? Oh I hope so . . . please . . . :drool:

Have a great day, everybody. Keep moving and shaking and moving in the right direction. :carrot:

flowerbunnylove
04-13-2006, 01:14 PM
OMG meowee, I LOVE those Cadbury mini eggs! :dizzy: :love: :drool:

akrosey49
04-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Morning everyone..its a beautiful day here..im feeling fine and no chocolate eggs or peeps at this house..having a small bunch for easter sunday.. ham and p.salad etc.. we have a funeral to go to fri night and the benefit that i did all the crafts for sat.. and then sunday easter..wish i had a magic wand as i have crafty fluffs and stuff everywhere and need to clean..sl was 114 this am and happy with that.. have agreat day everyone and stay away from those eggs(((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

meowee
04-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Having a horrible afternoon. This innocent little work project is driving me crazy today. Just ate the rest of that chocolate that I said earlier I didn't even like. For some reason it tasted better because I was in a bad mood - so much for 'moderation'.

sapphire9
04-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Meowee - now that the chocolates gone you don't have to worry about it anymore. Put it in the past and start over. I'm having a bad day too. Found out last night that I'd put on 4 lbs in a week. Eeek! Have wanted to eat non-stop today. Someone at work gave me some sugar free taffee for Easter. Have eaten a handful of them. The only thing that stops me from eating the whole bag is that the sweetner causes diarrhea.:D Then I tried to set up my initial training session at my new gym and discovered it's closed for Passover. Sigh. Think I will get some fat free popcorn and try to stave off the cravings with that.

gmalil
04-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks all, for your good thoughts. I'm doing o.k..
bunnylove, I hope you can get going with some crafty hobbies after you get moved. they sure save me! When the crafty fluffs are flying, the food stays away from my mouth! Actually with me, there is lots of crafty dust a flying from ceramics and glass projects. :)
The doctor upped my Metformin yesterday, so maybe my numbers will go down a bit. 131 this a.m. I had a test done for A1c, but won't get that result til next week, I suppose.
I get follow up x-rays on my bum foot today, will probably get yelled at. I was not wearing shoes last night when I dropped a fork right on the incision sight! blood was everywhere!!:o but seems to be o.k. today.
"Oh woe is me"!!
:)
Have a great day!
Lil

flowerbunnylove
04-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks all, for your good thoughts. I'm doing o.k..
bunnylove, I hope you can get going with some crafty hobbies after you get moved. they sure save me! When the crafty fluffs are flying, the food stays away from my mouth! Actually with me, there is lots of crafty dust a flying from ceramics and glass projects. :)
The doctor upped my Metformin yesterday, so maybe my numbers will go down a bit. 131 this a.m. I had a test done for A1c, but won't get that result til next week, I suppose.
I get follow up x-rays on my bum foot today, will probably get yelled at. I was not wearing shoes last night when I dropped a fork right on the incision sight! blood was everywhere!!:o but seems to be o.k. today.
"Oh woe is me"!!
:)
Have a great day!
Lil

Ouch! I can feel that fork hitting your foot! You be careful so you don't get infection in there.

I am anxious to start some kind of hobby. I feel like I need to do something with my hands, and I also need the stress relief. I just don't know where to start or what I might like. Hopefully after the move I'll find something.

Started off the day with a sugar of 9! Must have been all of that Chinese food I ate last night. :( I know better than to do that. But I just checked it again and it's 4.5 postprandial. It's going to be one of those days....

I hope everone is having a good day - TGIF! Happy Easter to all!

Josian
04-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi all!

Made a bad choice with dinner last night. Did my official weigh in for another thread I'm on and bounced back up to 190. I'm hoping it's not those darn bc pills. I *know* I didn't put on 4 pounds with a small serving of Hamburger Helper! :) I just wish my weight would stay consistent! :( wedding is now less than 7 months away!

akrosey49
04-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Morning everyone..another beautiful day here.. yesterday late afternoon my dh and i were sitting on our deck and i could feel warmth in the sun..and theres snow all around us yet.. but was looking at my planters and visions of flowers in my head..today is one week since i restarted ww and so i weighed myself and i lost 8#'s.. and i can tell as i feel better..sl was 114 this am and im happy with that..flower bunny.. i do so many diff crafts that i never have time for the stuff i should be doing so when a holiday rears up i have to spin my tires to get stuff done as the craft fluffs are everywhere including dust bunnies and a sink of dishes laundry etc..i need amaid or house keeper.. but then i would be so embarassed id clean before they came:rofl:anyways hope u find a project that u are passionate about..gmalil.. sry u reinjured your self take care of u..josian.. dont feel guility just keep on trucking..rosetta same advice for you and (((((hugs))))))) for all.. i here house work calling me..so will check in later.. rosey:wave:

meowee
04-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Definitely a dull and rainy mood for both the day and me. But this won't last too long . . . I'm never down for long. The weather, on the other hand is supposed to continue rainy all week or more . . . except for the one day in the middle somewhere when they are predicting snow. :(

I had just finished composing a lovely long post when the site went down. That did nothing to improve my disposition. ;)

Hope the rest of you are having a better day than I am. :hug: See you later, gators. :carrot:

gmalil
04-15-2006, 12:58 AM
My x-rays look good, the doctor was pleased with the healng that has gone on, despite my efforts to sabotage it with tthe fork!!! the toe is going to be o.k.. i did some shopping after teh doctor, so now my foot is tired and swollen, it will take some time. I put antibiotic cream on it right away after the bleeding stopped, but am sure the blood washed any dirt out! so hopfully no infection bunnylove

I'm going to Doll club tomorrow, we are having a fun show and tell of special dolls....at a chinese restaurant....but I will do fine.

Rosey! Congrats on the 8 pounds!!! WOOHOO!!:carrot: I know what you mean, I have been making glass easter eggs, while the dishes sit in the sink. :(

ttfn

flowerbunnylove
04-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Good morning everyone!

Good news about your foot Lil! My mother once dropped a knife on her foot. It was stuck in there sticking straight out. She just pulled it out and didn't give it a second thought!

Glucose is a little high this AM at 6.2, but I haven't been behaving like I should. I'm glad it isn't higher!

Glass Easter eggs? They sound pretty!

Have a great day everyone!

akrosey49
04-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Morning everyone.. another pretty day here..ive been up early trying to get things done for tomorrow.. we leave in a little while for that benefit..hope they make lots of money for that family..im armed with my 1$ for the chinese auction..will check in later.. have agreat day everyone (((((hugs)))))) rosey :wave:

meowee
04-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Oh Rosey, I'm so sorry I missed congratulating you yesterday on your spectacular loss. Please forgive me and here's double for today. :woo: :woo:

It was very fogggggy this morning and then the sun came out for a little while this afternoon. Back to the rain tomorrow. At least I'm feeling a little brighter today. ;)

Yesterday finished up even worse than it started. After I was ranting on here about losing my post, I discovered I'd missed the deadline for declining the selection for Crafter's Choice bookclub by one day and so now I get a couple of expensive books I didn't want. :mad: Could be worse, I guess . . . at least the books relate to crafts I like. :dizzy: Then, while chopping up veggies for my big salad, I decided to add a little fingernail and a slice of the tip of my finger as well. It's going to be OK but I had to resort to a big bandage since it was a little too much for just a bandaid and now I'm having a :devil: of a time trying to type . . . not to mention that it hurts when I hit a key (or three) with it. When you actually know how to type with all your fingers, it's very hard to have one out of commission. :D

So, my fellow sugar-babes, you are the thread where I started on today's board surfing and it looks like you are also the only ones who will be hearing from me because I really cannot keep up this funny lop-sided typing. Have a great day, gang. Keep moving and shaking. :carrot:

flowerbunnylove
04-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Oh Rosey, I'm so sorry I missed congratulating you yesterday on your spectacular loss. Please forgive me and here's double for today. :woo: :woo:

It was very fogggggy this morning and then the sun came out for a little while this afternoon. Back to the rain tomorrow. At least I'm feeling a little brighter today. ;)

Yesterday finished up even worse than it started. After I was ranting on here about losing my post, I discovered I'd missed the deadline for declining the selection for Crafter's Choice bookclub by one day and so now I get a couple of expensive books I didn't want. :mad: Could be worse, I guess . . . at least the books relate to crafts I like. :dizzy: Then, while chopping up veggies for my big salad, I decided to add a little fingernail and a slice of the tip of my finger as well. It's going to be OK but I had to resort to a big bandage since it was a little too much for just a bandaid and now I'm having a :devil: of a time trying to type . . . not to mention that it hurts when I hit a key (or three) with it. When you actually know how to type with all your fingers, it's very hard to have one out of commission. :D

So, my fellow sugar-babes, you are the thread where I started on today's board surfing and it looks like you are also the only ones who will be hearing from me because I really cannot keep up this funny lop-sided typing. Have a great day, gang. Keep moving and shaking. :carrot:

Ouch! So sorry for your finger!

meowee
04-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Hi Gang . . . little old nine-fingered me giving it another try. It's raining again, as predicted. Hate it when they get it right. :(

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, Wednesday is my weigh-in day, but I got on the scale this morning to see how close I came to my Easter goal of 263. Well, the ugly old scale-:devil: says I've gained 4 pounds in the last 4 days. Of course I don't believe it and hopefully it will have gone away again by my official WWI. I have not been doing the bad eating things. Suffice it to say, it kind of goes along with the rest of the stuff happening over the past couple of days. One of those "when it rains, it really pours" kind of times.

See you soon gang. Have a great Easter Sunday and try not to eat toooooo much chocolate. :carrot:

flowerbunnylove
04-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Keep at it meowee, it will get better! I refuse to weigh myself because I know that I've gained all the weight I lost. So, at the beginning of May I'm officially starting over. That's a new start to a lot of things in my life.

Sugar was 5.8 this morning. Probably because I ate a moon pie (!!!) last night. Ahh, the powers of boredom. I can't wait to move and get out of here.

DH bought me some white chocolate Lindt balls. I love them! Try not to eat too much everyone. Happy Easter! :chockiss:

hefty1
04-17-2006, 10:10 AM
did the bunny get everyone? glen

akrosey49
04-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Morning everyone:coffee2: its been a very busy weekend here for me and im abit tired today..the benefit went really well.. we made a little over $5,000 for that family to help with their medical expenses.. the turnout was great and i had fun helping my grdd bid on things..i won a door prize and 2 coffee cards..easter was nice and quiet.. mydd and i played cribbage and we colored easter eggs with the grdd and the guys watched sports.. later my mil and bril came for dinner..i did really well as i dont diet on holidays..i ate only one small chocolate rabbitt.. sl was 93 this am so must have done ok.. i sent alot of the left overs home with every one so i wouldnt be tempted to over do it today..hope you all had agreat day too..today im just being quiet..meowee am sry you hurt your self.. are you still in a funk..maybe you need a hairy frog:dizzy: and hope the weigh in goes great..flower bunny isnt it great that each day is anew beginning.. you can doit..i restarted aweek ago friday and feel really good about my self right now.. keep on trucking every one((((((((hugs))))))) rosey :wave:

sapphire9
04-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Hi, all. Rosey -- 8 lbs. down! Hooray!:cp: Glad that you're back on your program. Wish my morning sl was 93. It's usually in the 150s and 160s. I had a bad weekend, foodwise and otherwise. I am getting the runaround from the gym that I joined. Now they say I have to have a doctor's certificate before they will set me up with a trainer and I can't get ahold of anyone there to discuss it. They should have told me that before they took my money. Gr:mad: Well, I'm going to re-start the fast today. Will not weigh in until Wednesday. Hope the extra weight is gone by then.
Meowee - take care of that finger. Hope it gets better soon.

Josian
04-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi all! Just a quick skinny in to say hi and see how everyone is doing!!!

Hugs,

meowee
04-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Hello everybody. . . Today in Nova Scotia it is raining, and raining, and raining, and it is supposed to keep on raining and raining and raining for the next few days. :( It is also cold . . . about 2C (35F) . . . please remind me that it's Spring now, right? :dizzy: Did I mention that it's raining. :D I think all the frogs (hairy and otherwise) have drowned. If not they are now probably 'frizzy-frogs' from all the dampness. :yes:

This little (?) work project is keeping me too busy and now I've got to get my Income Tax finished too. (In Canada we have to file by April 30 and I always leave it until the last minute since I usually owe them money.) No time for the fun things that make retirement worthwhile. Hey, I know this too will pass. :D

Glad everyone did fairly well over Easter . . . me too . . . no chocolate eggs, no scalloped potatoes, no heavy sauces. . . so I hope my four 'funny-pounds' will be gone again by WWI. My BS this morning was 3.4 (61) at 5 am . . . maybe I should have had a chocolate egg last night. . . would certainly have tasted a lot better than the glucose tablets I stuffed in while half asleep. :p

Anyway, gang, I'd better get back to it. Here's a little :dust: to help us all keep moving and shaking (and hopping) along that downward trail. Try to avoid all those left-over bunny droppings. See you soon. :carrot:

meowee
04-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Good Morning, gang . . . where are you? I miss you. It's still raining and it's still cold and now we've added 'very windy' to the mix as well. Anyway, have a great day wherever you are and I'll see you soon, hopefully. :carrot:

Josian
04-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi Meowee, I'm still here!

Congrats on avoiding the pitfalls of Easter, I wish I would have done as well as you. I specifically asked for mom's homemade scalloped potatoes! It had been several years since I had them! :) Oh well. I was back on track yesterday, so I guess that's okay!

I'm trying to get started a little earlier today... My fiance has been in classes this week, normally he calls me about 1/2 hour after he leaves to tell me to get up! :)

Up and at 'em!

meowee
04-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Up and at 'em, Josian. Who is that gorgeous woofie-pup?

akrosey49
04-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Morning:coffee2:im here too meowee..just moving slow and lazy today..didnt sleep to well last night.. sl was 84 this am..maybe i need a snack at night before bed.. ive been not doing that but 84 is really low for me..its sunny here today but still cold.. my girlfriend is coming over so i can perm her hair for her..managed to get some mending done yesterday..sure love my new sewing machine.. got it before xmas but havent had time to use it much..nothing on the agenda till late june when my family get heres.. of course theres always spring cleaning ugh did i say that:?: i hate to do house work..had better find a project quick:rofl:..have a nice day everyone ((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

Josian
04-18-2006, 02:46 PM
:) That gorgeous wolfie-pup is my Siberian Husky, Skye! :)

meowee
04-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Good Morning, gang . . . Guess what . . . it's cold, windy, and (surprise, surprise) raining in Nova Scotia this morning. this is getting very tiresome. :(

My sugar was up this morning to 7.7 (almost 139)? After a fairly good day yesterday of 5.1 (92) in the am and 5.6 (101) in the evening. I wonder if I slept through a little hypo in the middle of the night? Who knows, life is strange, sometimes.

At least the WWF (Weight-Watching-Fairy) :angel: was good to me this morning. She took away that four pounds of weird-water-weight along with .2 of a real pound. (Yep, you read it right, folks . . . a whole 2/10 of a pound lost.) Hey I've learned to be happy with any downward movement. :D Downward is definitely the direction of choice.

Rosey . . . I'm with you, girl . . . you definitely need an emergency project. Anything is better than housework. :hug: If you start dropping into the 70's you might want to try adding a small snack at bedtime, but be careful you don't start overcompensating. A little fruit or some skim milk or yogurt should do it.

Josian . . . Skye is absolutely beautiful . . . sounds like a girl's name??? And I mean, really, just look at those eyelashes. :hug:

Well I'd better get moving on my work-project (albeit, rather slowly since the constant dampness is really causing my arthritis to act up). See you soon, gang, and in the meantime keep on moving and shaking and doing all the right stuff and the rewards will surely follow. Have a great day. :carrot:

Josian
04-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Quick skinny in to say hi! BG was 184, ack. I didn't check it yesterday-I think it was still residual from the gorge fest from Easter. Took a few extra units this morning so it should be right as rain by this afternoon.

Wish me luck! I have a big job interview today!!!!!!

And yes, Meowee, Skye is a girl. If she wasn't fixed, I've had several Sibe owners offer up boys for breeding. She really is a doll. I adopted her from the local animal shelter. About a year ago, I ran into her second owner at the vet (I'm her 4th). She originally came from a breeder in CA, who was shut down. A sledding outfit took her and 8 other dogs, but Skye was too small to pull her weight sledding. They gave her to a friend of theirs, who apparently she didn't like, and ran away from. The rest is history. :) You can tell she's had some sled training when I put a harness on her.... She loves people; she's a registered therapy dog and we visit the local nursing homes (I think she just likes the smells!). Okay, enough about my pup... i could go on and on.....

westcoastwaterbaby
04-19-2006, 05:42 PM
I want to try something natural before getting started on meds. Has anyone tried this?

Josian
04-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Good mornin'...

No, I haven't tried diabeticine-Don't even know what it is. Hmmm...

meowee
04-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Sorry, Waterbaby, but I've never heard of it either. I have heard that Chromium Picolate is supposed to be beneficial. I do think you should discuss all this stuff with your doctor before you start self-medicating too much. Just because it is 'natural' it doesn't mean 'completely harmless'. Perhaps you remember all the hype about Phen-Fen and its relationship to natural Ephedra?

Anyway, gang, Nova Scotia is having a treat this morning . . . it's only drizzling and cold instead of actually pouring with rain. Apparently the real treat is coming tonight and tomorrow . . . SNOW . . . then on saturday the sun is actually going to be seen (a bit) and the temperature will go waaaaaaay up to +7C (about 45F). Wow . . . a :beach: day (she says with tongue planted firmly in cheek).

Keep sending warm thoughts my way, gang. Have a great moving and shaking kind of day. :carrot:

creations
04-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Its a beautiful sunny day here. Suppose to have rain tomorrow.
Haven't done good this month at all. My weight is up 5 lbs,just from snacking.
Haven't been riding my bike and all my joints are arching today.
Have a great day.
Judy

akrosey49
04-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Morning everyone..cold here this am.. the sun was out and huge snow flakes driftng down..ive been up early.. still having trouble sleeping.. just cant get comfortable..and when i do i get a charley horse and those cramps really hurt.. have upped my potassium so that maybe wont happen tonite..sl levels are holding steady at 104 this am..nothing new going on here.. my girlfriend came over yesterday and i permed her hair.. we had some good girl time:cofdate: :gossip:..laughed alot..we all need moments like that..have agreat day everyone((((hugs)))) rosey :wave:

sapphire9
04-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Hi, all. Was having a real problem navigating this site yesterday. Finally gave up. Seems alright today. Waterbaby -- I never heard of diabeticine either. Meowee's advise is good -- discuss it with your doctor. High blood sugar is not something to mess around with. That said, I've heard that cinnamon is good for lowering blood sugar, but not in place of medication.
Rosey - I go periods where I have those nasty cramps. If it's really bad, talk to your doctor about taking quinine. That apparently helps.
We're having spring weather here after a month of rain. But may have some more rain tomorrow. I actually like rain so it's not a problem for me.
My weigh-in yesterday went well. I lost the 3+ lbs I'd put on. Finally receive my first personal training session on Saturday. Looking forward to that.

campbellredhead
04-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Hi everyone,
i don't have diabetes, but my mom does, do any of you have a good diabetes diet i can recommend to her?
I really want her to go to a nutritionist, but right now she won't.
She lost 60lbs about 9 months ago, with south beach, but she can't get motivated with it right now!
Any guidance would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

meowee
04-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Morning, sugarbabies . . .

Hasn't snowed yet, but it's still raining and it's still cold. Boy oh boy, I hope that sun comes out soon. :(

Judy . . . get yourself back on track, girl, you can do it. Think about how much better you'll feel. We are all here and rooting for you. :hug:

Rosey . . . so glad someone else has cold weather . . . however, you are a lot farther north . . . I get those cramps too; they're the pits. :hug:

Rosetta . . . I'd send you my rain if I could, chickie. :hug: Congrats on getting rid of the 3 pounds and on getting things settled at the gym. Have fun.

Readhead . . . You've got a good heart, kiddo. :hug: Could we have a little more info about your Mother? How much more does she need to lose? . . . was she just diagnosed? . . . what medications is she taking?

Basically a diabetic needs the same sort of diet as everybody else and if they need to lose weight it all boils down to "calories in have to be less than calories out" by somehow "eating less and moving more". The only extra restriction for a diabetic is to make sure the carbs are within a healthy range and are spread fairly evenly thoughout the day to keep blood glucose levels on as even a keel as possible. South Beach is probably a fine plan for her (especially Phase II) because it does stress "good carbs" with a relatively low Glycemic Index. It obviously worked for her before so just keep encouraging her. But don't try to push too hard . . . everybody has to do this at their own pace. Maybe you could encourage her to come and visit with us, too.

Have a great day, everybody . . . keep on doing the right stuff and the rewards will surely follow. :carrot: Here's a little dose of :dust: to help us through the day.

westcoastwaterbaby
04-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks all for the feedback. I bought a test kit and I'm checking my bsl's. Everything I've read so far says that a person with Diabetes should be at "XYZ" #'s which I'm below. And a normal person is at "ABC" #'s which I'm at the top of. SO, from what I can figure is I'm walking the line. I've been on the strictist diet I have ever been on. I can't remember a time in my life when I've been this good for so long. All I need to do know is kick up my exercise program a notch or two. Work out harder and longer. Given that, maybe I'm just dumb or in denial, but shouldn't my bsl go down in a month or so if I lose 10+ lbs and exercise and take vitamins like Chromium and Spirulina and Omega 3 or Flax Seed Oil? I mean, is my Dr. being over cautious wanting to put me on meds? Won't that just be a bandaid?

Again, thanks all, from what I've read of all your posts you're a nice bunch. I hope to get to know ya'll better.

akrosey49
04-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Morning everyone :coffee2: i finally had a good nite of sleep and feel ever so much better today..i have not been taking my advil as i thought i was relying on it to much and how much is safe to take? so the last 3 days i didnt take any until last nite and boy did it make a diff..my sl are strong at 107 this am and since ita friday i weighed and have lost another 4 # i was so excited about that..so now im going into week #3..following ww and its working..am altering the diet a bit(watching the carb intake)..west caost baby.. i strongly suggest you take a diabetes education and nutrion class.. i thought i knew it all and my dr wanted me to take it(4 day class and my ins paid for it) and i learned so much..as far as the meds follow your dr's advice.. the meds are used to control the disease..cambellredhead.. what a sweetie to be so concerned for your mom..as meowee said get her to join our group..from experience your mom has to do this herself..and ahealthy diet watching the carbs is best.. and avoiding sugary and refined foods..meowee.. hope the sun comes out soon..i notice you post in a crafters group..mind if a join as im a crafting nut too?? Rosetta am so happy for you and your 3# loss wtg :cp: hope the exercise goes well for you..hey judy get back on that bike.. you can do this..well need to do some house work today ugh..before the dust bunnies go on strike..have agreat day everyone (((((((hugs)))))) rosey :wave:

meowee
04-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Oh, Waterbaby, :hug: I sincerely hope you've just got an overly cautious doctor. Generally doctors don't suggest meds until its been shown that diet and exercise can't control things enough. Everything you've mentioned . . . mostly the diet part . . . will certainly help to control your blood glucose levels. We're all keeping our :crossed: for you.

Yippee, Rosey . . . those pounds are just falling off you, girl. :hug: Of course, you can come and craft with us. I'll look forward to seeing you over there. :D

I have a bad case of the hungries today. So far I haven't done anything rash but I think I'll give us another dose . . . make that a double dose. . . to help us through the evening. :dust: :dust:

See you later, gators. :carrot:

meowee
04-22-2006, 09:27 AM
A gigantic sphere of yellowish-orange fire arose from the eastern sea this morning, and now it fills the sky. Some of the older ones think that they have seen this before, long ago, but the younger ones feel much afraid.

akrosey49
04-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Morning everyone:coffee:meowee did the sun finally come out where you are at:carrot: ill bet thats nice to see after so much rain.. well i over did the pts yesteday and ate when i got home from bingo:?: my sl showed it this am too 145 hasnt been that high in forever..back to reality today.. as every day is anew beginning and i dont want to mess up the good i have done..also i won 100$ at bingo so that was fun.. not sure whats on the agenda for today..im reading a new series of books that has my interest.. any one ever read David Baldacci books? theyr mysteries and i just cant put them down..also need to get working on another baby quilt.. has anyone here ever had achy muscles from any of their meds that they are taking?? im beging to wonder if thats my trouble.. as it seems that i started feeling this way the last several months and i did get put on anew med..other wise my body is really rebelling against my weight and so by loosing that will help.. i certainly plan to discuss this with my dr tho.. will check in later... do something fun today for yourself.. ((((((hugs)))))))))) rosey :wave:

creations
04-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Did housework yesterday. The sun is out here,suppose to get rain againlater today,had it last nite. Just waiting for our son and his family to come over. Celebrating his 37th birthday today.
Will also be watching hockey(Go Wings). Went to their last regular season home game on the 17th. Thought I was going to die climbing the stairs to the arera. Was ok once we were in there. Coming back down was back,just can't go fast with the brace. Will be back riding tomorrow.
Judy

Josian
04-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi all!

How's everyone's weekend going? Did some wedding shopping yesterday, and I think I found my wedding ring! yay! :) One more thing down.

Doing lawn stuff... aerating, fertilizing, thatching... Going to have a good lookin' lawn this year, even if I have to do it myself! :)

Well, gotta run! Take care!

J.

akrosey49
04-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Morning everyone.. another pretty day here.. was out and about yesterday.. my neighbor called and she sounded so lonely(she lost her husband a few months back) she hadnt had any company in 3 days and she doesnt drive so my dh and went down to visit her and have coffee..she was so happy to see us.. then we went to town and got fresh vegies and fruit and came home and bq'd for the first time this yr.. still snow on the deck and yard but we grilled pork chops and made a big green salad.. sure was yummy..i slept well and sl were 108 this am..am going to be lazy today.. have been planning how i want to redo my kitchen and what im going to plant in my flower pots this year..just daydreaming ..its that sort of day..(((((((hugs)))))))))) rosey :wave:

meowee
04-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi babes . . . Atlantic Canada is on it's second day in a row with SUNSHINE . . . what a treat.

Rosey . . . I love Baldacci . . . you and I have a lot in common . . . besides the fact that you win money and I spend money. :D When are you coming over to visit at Crafters Incorporated? Have a great, lazy day. :)

Judy . . . Have a great birthday with the kid . . . not toooooo much cake, though. :hug:

Josian . . . Have a great day of 'lawn exercise', It will pay off in more ways than one. :hug: My lawn has really greened up after all that rain, but I wouldn't want to do too much on it right now . . . it's very wet, but a couple more days of sun will dry it up fast.

Well, guys, I've been having a pretty good day. BS in the low 4's (mid 70's) this am., and I actually got some laundry done and put in a couple of hours working on the guilted ponchos for my granddaughters.

Have a great evening. Keep on heading in the downward direction by doing lots of moving and shaking and other good stuff. :carrot:

pinkroses
04-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Good afternoon, I am new here. I am a Diabetect. I just started med. March 2005. I have lost some weight.
I have Severe Refluexe disease. Arthiris everywhere. Severe Depression. and other diseases and conditions.
I live in Va.
I write Christian poems and devotionals and short stories.
I hope to get to know you all better soon.
Being Diabetect and staying on a special dite has its problems.
I went to a pain mangement Dr. this past Feb. He said I had no muscle tone.
I am on a high protien diete.
I started the Attakins Shake drink. In Cholocate. It is really good.
I am to add more white meat too to my dite.
With all that is wrong with me and all the med. It gets to be very expensive. I suffer from depression too. Pinkroses. I live in Va.

Holly Belle
04-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Hello everyone, My name is Holly and I have diabetes and high blood pressure, and need to lose about 50 to 60 pounds to get to my normal weight that is recommended. My husband and I travel all over the country doing hearing tests and eating out is a way of life for us. I am going to start trying to cook in the hotel; rooms to make eatinga little more healthy and I am trying to get into exercising. I look forward to geting to know you all better.

hefty1
04-24-2006, 08:07 AM
welcome holly. another idea some stores sell ready made meals. glen

Jeanne88
04-24-2006, 01:49 PM
HI everyone,,,my name is Jeanne and I have been posting on the 100 site,,,lots of wonderful folks over there,,,I have been looking for a diabetic site here and today I found you,,,:carrot:

I have been a on meds for diabetic since 1999...nothing has completley keep it at a steady level,,,I have been on glucovance 2000 mg a day for over a year now and it was to hard on my kidneys,,,so just last week my doctor pulled me off it in fear my kidneys would shut down,,,I am now on Byetta (spit) 5mg two times a day,,,,and Avandaryl 4mg/2mg once a day,,,my numbers have been so darn high since I started this new stuff,,,I have been lucky in the side effects tho,,,not much of them,,,but the numbers are higher than when I was on the glucovance,,,is anyone out there on Byetta and could maybe give me some insight,,?,,, :?: I am on ww and have had a hard time lossing any wt,,,lost around 20 or so since Feb,,,and have lost another 5 or so since being on the byetta,,,so that is a plus,,,:cp:

Anyway have a great day ,,,it is sunny here in Eastern Washington today,,,am greatful the snow is gone now,,,,:flow1:

Nice to meet you all,,,,Jeanne:genie:

Josian
04-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Wow! Welcome to all the newbies!!! :)

I guess we all need to give some introductions!

I'm Josian, 2 weeks from 30 years old, Type 1 since age 19. Struggled with weight all my life, have PCOS as well. Switched bc pills in January after losing 25 pounds, gained 15 back and the dang scale hasn't budged, although I've been diligent. I'm getting married in November, my dress has about an inch to finish zipping. I know I have plenty of time, but I wish I was having a little more easier time of it.

Those are my struggles! This is a great group!

akrosey49
04-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Morning everyone.. gosh hello to all the new folks and welcome..im rosey(57) and live in alaska.. a type 2 for several yrs now..i follow ww's but watch the carb intake..we had areal quiet day yeasterday.. and not sure whats on the agenda for today.. the dh is still sleeping..you know us retired folks arent on any time table:D ..its cold out this am with a wind brrrrrrrr wish spring would get here..i was so hungry yesterday i could have ate my computer..went over my pts a few days in a row(nothing serious and not a binge) and its so hard to get back and yesterday i was determined to stay within my range and so was hungry:?: but sl was 94 this am so thats was aplus.. but friuts and vegies just dont stay with me long..so im going to try and add more protein today and see if that helps..have agreat day everyone (((((hugs))))) rosey :wave:

sapphire9
04-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi, all. Welcome to the Newbies. This is a good place to post. Jeanne - my doctor mentioned Byetta to me because it shows down digestion and you feel full sooner and thus don't eat as much. I can't take it because I have gastroparesis. Hope it works for you. Pink roses - many of us here struggle with multiple health problems, so you've found the right spot for support.
Meowee - glad you finally got some sun. Rosey - are you taking Lipitor or Zocor? They can cause muscle weakness and pain. Better check with your doctor. I'm surprised they're still letting you in to those bingo games, girl -- you almost always win!:D
I went to the gym for the first time Saturday and met with my trainer who showed me what machines to use and how to use them. I find I get tired easily because I'm always sleep deprived. But I plan to go regularly and build up my stamina. Now all I need to do is stop eating so much. I've had a hard time sticking to my program lately.:dust:

meowee
04-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Hello there all you sugar-buddies . . .

:welcome: . . .

PINK :hug: . . . HOLLY :hug: . . . JEANNE :hug: . . . Welcome aboard! Glad you've found us. We'll be looking forward to getting to know each of you better.

We are a pretty mixed group of girls including Josian, Rosey, and Rosetta who've already introduced themselves, and lots more who you'll meet in due course, and Glen (our only guy). The main things we have in common, of course, are this nasty little disease, and the desire to lose some weight in hopes of controlling it better.

I'm Linda, I am 63 years old, retired (well, sort-of) and I was diagnosed with type II better than 15 years ago. I take Glyburide, Metformin, and Actos as well as Insulin Lente at bedtime. Unfortunately, most diabetes medications tend to help us gain weight not lose it. The new Dyabetta is one of the few that seems to work the other way. Insulin is really great at packing it on, especially around the abdomen. I don't know quite how to describe my eating regimen. More or less based on the Canadian Diabetes Association exchange system but then I enter things into an Excel program I devised myself and it converts everything into calories. Over the course of a week, I try to average 1600 to 1700 calories a day. I'm afraid I'm not too great about the exercise. Although I definitely move more than I used too and hopefully every little bit helps.

Anyway, gang, see you all soon . . . I must get back to the "sort-of" part of my retirement. It's been busy today. At least they can't fire me for slacking off for a little while. ;)

Have a great evening of moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction, gang. :carrot:

pinkroses
04-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Good afternoon, I have been a good girl. Tee hee I did my execerises and so far today have eaten right. I try to do my excerises 4 times a week. Sometimes it is so hard to do them ; especially when one doesn't feel very good.
But, if I don't do them I feel guilty. That is a good thing. Yes?
I hope everyone is doing well this afternoon.
By the way I am glad I found the right group and the right spot to post. Lol.
I too have quite a bit of weight to loose. Oh my . It gets harder and harder. Don't we all know? PINKROSES

hefty1
04-24-2006, 11:35 PM
hi pinkrose. i need to lose 140 and i've had diebetese 1 year. :) glen

Josian
04-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi all! :)

Just thought I would drop in and say hi!
Tired and grumpy today, just haven't felt very good. :(
I'm just trying to take it easy and hopefully I can snap out of it.

Hugs,

akrosey49
04-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Morning everyone..another sunny but cold day here..sl was 103 this am..but i cant remember ever being as hungry as i was yesterday:( so today im adding more protein and more frequent lo-cal snacks and trying not to stress about it by staying busy..rosetta.. i do take zocor so will talk to dr about this..it just seems in the last 6 months i ache more and the consequence is that i move less becuz of that.. now maybe its the meds or my body is old and rebelling against all the weight and abuse over the yrs....hope you feel better josian.. i guess its the nature of this disease as some days for no reason i feel like poo to..pinkroses you are not alone.. i need to loose alot too..wtg on the exercise thats important..rosetta how did the personal trainer go? are you sore from the exercise..well ladies and mr ken im off to town today need to run errands.. will check in later.. have agreat day and do something nice for someone else even if its just a smile..it s amazing when i people watch how hurried and grumpy some folks are and maybe your smile is the only thing nice that happened to them today..((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

Holly Belle
04-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome:) I am currently takeing avandemet 400/100 two a day, glucotrol XR 10mg one two times a day, tehn micardis for my high blood pressure. I hate taking meds and tehre are times I just stop, I know not good, but somehow I can not get myself to take them. I have been doing pretty well for close to a month now going to try to keep it up. I will be going home day after tomorrow and not have access to the internet, so if you do not see me for a couple weeks, that is why. Well, better get going, got to pack up to move to Newark, DE for Thursday then HOME, I miss home a lot.

Jeanne88
04-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Hello,,,just wanted to stop in and say hi to you all,,,and am hoping each and everyone of you are having a good day....:wave: The weather started out sunny and now has turned to over cast but still not to bad,,,:flow2:

Thank you for the welcome and it is nice to find a place that we all share some of the same medical problems,,,besides having Diabetes,,,,I also have high pp and high colesteral,,,so am on lots of drugs,,to many for sure,,,so lossing the weight is a must now,,,I was the most heavy I had ever been when I started back to ww in Feb,,,,we don't have ww here,,,to small a town so I come to the forums and it helps to give and get support,,,I am on the Flex plan,,,,I try to watch the carb end tho,,,:D

I work and am a bartender,,,in the only bar in town,,,:stars: I have been there six years now,,,have a great boss and lots of support,,,I love my job and that keeps me smiling,,,,:cheers: I used to be in the medical field,,MOA,,front and back,,,just wasn't for me,,,don't know what ever made me go to collage for that,,,thought I would like it,,,notta,,,don't even like to go to the doctor,,,let alone work for them,,,so tried it for a while and said nope not for me,,,,bartending is a lot less stressful,,,:dance: :dance:

I see I am not the only newbie,,,this must be a busy place ?:goodvibes

I don't know any of you yet up will soon I hope,,,hi to everyone and hope you all have a wonderful day,,,,Jeanne :genie:

meowee
04-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi everybody . . . today started cloudy and is ending cloudy, but it was absolutely gorgeous in the middle. Other than that, I've just been busy, busy, busy with the work-project.

Pink . . . :hug: Good for you, girl. If it was easy it wouldn't be worthwhile and we wouldn't need all the support we get around here so we'd miss out on making new friends.

Glen . . . How is the accounting course going. Are you a mathematical genius yet? Looks like our "Calling All Canadian" thread is dying out. Wonder why we Canadians are not very talkative among ourselves?

Josian . . . :hug: Play with Skye and try to cheer up, girl. things always get better.

Rosey . . . :hug: I love your "smile" remark . . . and it's so true. I take Lipitor and I keep forgetting to ask the doctor about the possible connection to my aches and pains. Of course, excess weight and my age sure don't help. :o

Holly . . . :hug: We will miss you while you're gone. Keep taking your meds girl, I know it can be a pain sometimes, but unfortunately, we need them. Have a good trip home and keep up the good habits until we meet again.

Jeanne . . . :hug: Bartending sounds like fun; bet you meet some fascinating characters. Yep, I've got arthritis, high BP and high cholesterol, too. . . all of which can also be helped by some major weight loss . . . and, of course, exercise, which I hate.

Well, time to get back to the mundane . . . Keep moving and shaking in the great downward direction, gang. See you soon. :carrot:

pinkroses
04-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Good afternoon; I take Mom out every Tuesday. I met an old friend from High School at the Flea Market.
She of course is still thin. She knew me first. Ask me if my name was Sheila and I said yep. 30 years ago. It doesn't seem possible. but , I guess when you have a 26 year old son it does.
I hurt so bad when I got home. Took 2 of my Tramadol pills and slept for about 3 hours.
I didn't get to sleep last night till 3:00 am. So, I was making up for lost sleep too. Tee hee.

I hope to make a lot of new friends here Meowee. I don't really have any friends out side of the home.
Thought I might call Betty my friend from high school. and invite to to tea or something. She asked me if I crocheted; yep !! if I quilited ? Yep !! so, we have a lot in common still . It is nice to see old friends from school.

I appreicate computer friends also. Thanks to you all for making me feel welcomed. I hope to encouge all of you too. PINKROSES

sapphire9
04-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi, all. Welcome Holly. We'll learn more about you when you get back online. In the meantime, take those meds!
I've had a bad day. My soon-to-be landlord has pulled his first trick. We got a notice that there was going to be an inspection and my present landlord told me it was legitmate. It wasn't. There was indeed an inspector but also three other people connected with the incoming landlord. I was livid at the invasion of my privacy but they just blew me off, as they did my neighbor who also complained. They were snooping around areas that had nothing to do with the nature of the inspection. I not only had to put up with that but I had to take 1-1/2 hours off of work to do it. I see lawyers in my future.:mad: :mad: Anyway, that upset me for the day and I've been eating poorly. Now I think I'm coming down with a cold. And I was planning to go to the gym tonight to see if I can navigate all those machines on my own. :(
Have to weigh in tomorrow and the clinic. Sigh. I'm afraid to look at the scale.
Hope everyone else is having a better day.

hefty1
04-25-2006, 10:59 PM
:wave: meowee i'm genious yet. i'm still working on the computer applications
(word,exel and power poiny) :) glen

meowee
04-26-2006, 10:22 AM
This is not shaping up to be one of my better days . . . I gained .8 at the wwi this morning and I really don't know why. I was good over the past week. Oh well, stuff happens. I refuse to change my ticker and hopefully I'll be back in sync next week.

At least the sun is shining :cool: , my BS is on track :) , and I'm getting the rest of the week off from the work-project. Yippee, quilting projects here I come. :D

Have a great day, gang and remember . . . if you keep on doing the right stuff, the rewards will surely follow . . . I intend to repeat that little mantra every 15 minutes for the rest of the day (maybe the rest of the week). See you soon. :carrot:

Josian
04-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Mornin all!

Still feelin' lousy, not really sure why. I really hate being a grump-bucket.
I gotta head out to mid-state today, for yet another couple of days of eating out.

Hugs,

Jeanne88
04-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Good morning all,,!! Great sunny day here today,,,and of course I work,,,:fr:

My fasting bs was down from yesterday,,,maybe the byetta is starting to kick in,,,or maybe my body is getting used to it,,,I posted a " any other Byetta users out there" with no reply,,,so guess I must be the only one here on it,,,darn,,,:(

Josian,,,sure hope you get to feeling better,,,it sucks to feel so bad,,,:stress:

Meowee,,,hope your day gets better,,,but glad to hear your bs is on track !!!:dance:

Hefty,,,I love you match collection saying,,,:flame:

Rosettastone,,,I was just looking at your ticker tape ,,,,wow ,,you have really lost a lot of weight,,,,good for you,,,did you do it on ww ?:encore:

Pinkroses,,,how neat you ran into someone you knew a long time ago,,,and that you both have some same interest,,,,I have two or three friends from childhood that I keep in contact with,,,one I have known since I was 5,,,we are still best friends even tho we live far apart now,,,we email and call,,,I am glad for you,,,,:cofdate:

Holly Belle,,, I am new here also,,,I am looking forward to getting to know everyone also,,,,:comp:

Akrosey49,,,what you said about a smile for a person is so right,,,I try to do that each day,,,even when I feel like crap,,,and most of the time it ends up making me feel better,,,,:balloons:

Well sure hope I didn't miss anyone,,,if I did I am sorry,,,I hope everyone has a wonderful day ,,,,remember one day at a time,,,I figure I can always do one day,,,,,later,,,Jeanne:genie: :dust:

akrosey49
04-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Morning everyone..:coffee: another pretty day here but still cold.. while in town yesterday a few snowflakes came with the wind :( im so ready for some warmer weather but at least the suns out..i bought some turkey breasts at the store yeaterday.. trying to eat more protein and so last night i ate as much of it as i could hold along with some coleslaw and 1 bisquit.. it sure filled me up and i wasnt hungry the rest of the evening :D rosetta.. am sry your new landlords invaded your space.. i didnt know they could do that..i can see why you are so upset..check into the leagalities of that..hope you feel better..josian.. sry u are grumpy some days are like that hang in there..meowee.. just keep at it.. it will come down sry you are bummed out..have fun crafting..jeanne.. i have heard of the byetta and i asked my dr about it and she didnt know anything about it so it must be new..i know theres others in this group that use it.. glad your #'s are coming down..not sure whats on my adgenda today..some house work for sure(ugh did i say that:fr) i bet i can find something else to do:D at any rate have agreat day everyone..(((((hugs)))))) rosey :wave:

sapphire9
04-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Hi all. Jeanne, I lost the weight between August and January on a medically supervised fast. It consisted of food supplements totaling between 500 and 800 calories, potassium supplements, regular weigh-ins and medical checkups plus attending weekly classes. It was expensive but worth it. I wish I were still on it because I have lots more weight to lose. I've signed up for a year's worth of maintenance classes to keep me vigilant and hopefully lose some more. Lately I've been having difficulty due to depression and all the stress in my life right now. I have to weigh in tonight. I usually weigh in at home and compare the clinic weight, but didn't do that today. Know it's going to be bad. Now I have a cold. I went to the gym last night but only stayed a half hour. I find the eliptical makes me tired easily. Hope I feel better for my next training session on Saturday.
Meowee - hope your day gets better. About the .8 gain, I wouldn't worry about it if you know you're on course. May be just water. Our weight fluctuates with the time and day.
Josian - hope your day gets better too.
Hi, Glen.

meowee
04-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi out there . . . the sun hasn't managed to put in too much of an appearance yet, but it is supposed to get here soon. Hope that forecast is accurate, I really love to see the sun at this time of year.:cool: When the weather turns hot and muggy, some cloud cover is a good thing; but not right now.

After my partial meltdown of yesterday, I finished the day with an OK calorie count although, from the diabetes point of view I couldn't exactly call it 'well-balanced', a little too heavy on the starch and fruit. Anyway, I'm back in the proper groove this morning and planning to guzzle lots and lots of water to get things moving again.

Josian . . . obviously you didn't get enough "Skye-time" yesterday. :hug: Cheer up and try to be strong on the road.

Jeanne . . . that's taking care of the important stuff, girl. :hug: My BS was 4.8 (86) this morning. But I tend to go up during the middle of the day and then back down again before bedtime. I may need to start some insulin at breakfast time as well as at bedtime to keep things more stable. :mad:

Rosey . . . Good move, increasing the protein. :hug: Not only does protein help to keep you feeling full longer, from the diabetes angle, it also reduces the overall GI of your meal which helps to keep your BS more stable.

Hey, I just gave myself an idea . . . maybe I need to reduce my morning cereal and add some egg white and then have the other half of my cereal at bedtime . . . funny how things don't jump out at you until you see them written down, side by side, like this? Think I'll try it for a few days.

Rosetta . . . :hug: You try to cheer up and chill out, kiddo. I know it's hard. And I hope you get over that nasty cold really soon.

Well, gang, keep moving and shaking. :carrot: Here's some :dust: to help us through the day.

Jeanne88
04-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Good morning,,,and what a beautiful day today,,,,work was slow yesterday,,,think lots of folk are cleaning the yard and picking up after the snow has melted,,,wow,,,there are so many things under the snow when it melts,,,so anyway not a lot of drinkers out yesterday,,,,:hat:

My numbers are coming down slowly,,,had some good ones yesterday even two hours after eating,,,then my fasting was 202 this morning and that was so disapointing,,,,but all in all when I go into the memory of my meter,,,I can see the numbers getting better all and all,,,so will think of those and not the 202 this morning,,,today is another day,,,,and I am feeling very blessed today,,,,,:angel:

I am short on time this morning ,,still need to shower and get ready for work but wanted to say hi to all of you and thanks for the kind words,,,you all are great,,,,talk to you later,,,have a great day !!! Jeanne :genie:

Josian
04-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Morning all!

Quick post this morning, got up late cuz i couldn't sleep very well in my hotel room last night... :(

Anyway, I wish i could kick start my weight loss again... This stall is driving me nuts!

akrosey49
04-27-2006, 03:05 PM
morning everyone.. a very lazy day yesterday..not as hungry and im glad the turkeys gone..sl was 107 this am..its still cold out and no sun today.. the extra protein has really helped.. now if the scale would drop i would be sooooo happy..josian.. this may sound weird but it works.. maybe you need to eat more for afew days and then go back to the plan u are on.. it could jump start your metabolism..my girls do that when they have hit a plateau and it works for them..just keep at it..dont give up..meowee hows the h2o guzzling going are u sloshing yet..rosetta.. hope things are going better for you and are over that cold and your weigh in went well..jeanne glad that your numbers are coming down wtg.. have agreat day everyone((((hugs)))))) rosey :wave:

sapphire9
04-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Hi, all. We're having spring weather here. Temps in the 60s. Weatherman promises hotter weather next week. Ugh. Still have my cold although feel a little better today. May have to cancel Saturday's training session. I just worked out a little on Tuesday and have some muscle soreness. It's good because I feel like I'm actually doing something. Was planning to go tonite but will have to wait until I get over this cold. Poor me. The weighin wasn't too bad last night. Up 1.6 lbs. Meowee -- I've been drinking extra water too. Helps move the cold germs out. :D Thanks to you and Rosey for your encouragement. Off to get some soup for lunch.

pinkroses
04-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Good evening. I am pooped and never did much to be pooped about. 2 loads of laundry and my 35 minute excerises. It was all I could do was to do them. Tee hee.
I haven't felt to good today. Tummy bothering me and trying not to get in the depression that keep treating me lately.
It is chilly here this evening; but it was a sunny day. One day here it is the 80's and the next it is in the 50's I don't like the really hot weather or the really cold weather.
I hope all you have a good evening and night. Rest up for Friday. Hugs Pinkroses.

meowee
04-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Good day to everybody . . . I was up with a little hypo about 4:30 so I ate an orange and watched a little TV and then went back to bed . . . consequently my day is all upside down today. Ate breakfast (the rest of it) at 11:00 and now it's almost 3:00 and I'm sitting here drinking water. Better go have something as a light luch or I'll be gorging on something bad before dinner time. :mad:

Other than that, the sun is shining and everything looks pretty good in my world. Hope all the rest of you are having a good day, too. :hug: Keep moving and shaking and heading in that great downward direction, gang. See you soon. :carrot:

Josian
04-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Hi all!

Still sitting at my stall. Rosie, I have tried doing just what you said, added more exercise, did Atkins induction for two weeks. Nadda. I think it's the hormones. I'm going to sit on it for another month. If I haven't lost anything by then, then I will contact my doctor and see what he wants to do. I really don't want to switch back to my old BC pills (I had breakthrough spotting with them) but I know I can lose weight on them. GrRRRRRR.

Alright, back to the drawing board...!

*hugs*

akrosey49
04-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Morning everyone..:coffee: sitting here having another cup of coffee and watching it snow:?: yup springs not here yet..today was scale day for me and no loss but no gain..thats 3 weeks on ww and -12 #'s.. i thought since i was sooooooo hungry all week that i would have lost something so im a bit frustrated..sl have been great tho 94 this am and i tested last night too to see what it was before dinner and was 107 so im doing well on that end..josian sry you are frustrated too maybe it is the homones.. just keep trying.. good advice for me too..meowee how do you know your sl to low when u are sleeping? do you just wake up and feel like poo?? well we are into the weekend and im craving stuff i know is bad..am going to bingo this evening and thats always fun..have agreat day everyone (((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

meowee
04-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Josian . . . keep the faith, kid. Everything will work out in the end. But I know those long plateaux can be very, very frustrating. Hope you see some action really soon. :hug:

Rosey . . . :hug: You've done so well in such a short time. Don't let this little slow-down get you upset. Twelve lbs. in three weeks is definitely the stuff of happy times not sad ones. :D To answer your question, I'm a pretty light sleeper in general. When I go too low, I usually wake up like I have to go to the bathroom and then discover that I'm sweaty and shaky and a bit disoriented, so I check my BS to be sure. Sometimes, I'll sleep through one, and then, of course, my liver kicks in a bunch of glucose and I wake up at a more regular time but with a BS considerably higher than normal.

Pink . . . Sorry I missed you earlier. Hope you're full of vim and vinegar today. :hug:

Have a good evening. :carrot:

campbellredhead
04-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Hello all,
there was a lady in the journals one day talking about a diet that you have so many carbs for breakfast, so many for lunch, so many for dinner, etc,
do you have any ideas , of what i'm kinda talking about?
thanks

pinkroses
04-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Good evening everyone. I had a very busy day. Hubby took today off. We are getting ready to build a house soon hopefully. He went and talked to a guy this morning about loans. We are just starting on this. The guy said he didn't see where we would have any problems in getting a good loan.
Terry told him we were shopping around for loans now.
I went to the 1/2 book store , to Michaels craft store and to Wally- Mart and got grociers. I was in so much pain when I got back. I took 2 pain pills and went to bed and slept about 2 hours.
It was a beautiful day here. Not to hot . Not to cold .Perfect Spring day.
I hope everyone had a good day and will have a good night . Take care and have a good rest. Hope you all have a really good weekend. PINKROSES

meowee
04-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Campbellredhead . . . that really isn't much to go on . . . you could be talking about almost any diet out there . . . Sugar Busters, South Beach, etc. . . . or you could be talking about a diabetic exchange system. I don't participate in the journals so I can't help you too much with anything you might have seen there. Sorry. Perhaps if you sign on to the journals yourself, you can track things down. Or ask your general question on the Help Forum.

Pink . . . building a new house sounds like fun but a very big undertaking . . . lots of luck.

akrosey49
04-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone.. meowee thankyou for the pep talk.. i needed to here that..just have to look at the bigger picture..pink roses.. am so sorry you are hurting.. i to have a tuff time getting out and moving around and have to take frequent sit downs and advil when i get home..it sure is discourageing isnt it.. hang in there and good luck on the new home.. im leaving for bingo soon and hope i'm a winner.. i have fun anyways..talk later ((((((((hugs))))))) rosey :wave:

Josian
04-29-2006, 12:47 AM
We are moving the monster-in-law tomorrow. She wants us at her house by 7:00, which isn't going to happen, because we have to go to my parents house first to get the truck and trailer which is 60 miles away... We are going to meet my parents for breakfast at 7:00, which means we'll be at his mom's by 9:00. She'll just have to deal with it.

I'm whupped. Even my hairstylist noticed the baggies around my eyes. She was also concerned at the amount of hair that she combed out while trimming my hair today. I think I need to get some bloodwork done and call my endo.

meowee
04-29-2006, 11:50 AM
No problem, Rosey. :hug: We all need reminding of how far we've come. Sometimes we see only the overall distance and forget about doing it one step at a time. And we all deal with bunches of pain from time to time, too. Between the excess weight, the old age, the arthritis, and (for me) flat feet, there are definitely days when there are moments when I'm sure I'll never move again. :(

If you think you're tired now, Josian, wow, just wait until you get the MIL moved. :hug: Try to find a little bit of a bright side . . . good exercise. ;) Yep, that excess hair loss definitely suggests a trip to the Endo is a good idea. Don't put it off too long.

I've been eyeing the Greer Childers Body-Flex system for some time. Can't find it anywhere in Canada (Shopping Channel had it a couple of years ago, but not now) so I finally ordered it from her web-site. Starts out at US$33 for the resistance bar, 3 DVD's, and diet plan and recipe book; plus US$15 for shipping and handling. Can hardly wait to see (a) what it costs me in total and (b) how long it takes to get here. :?: I'll let you know. Is anybody familiar with the product?

Anyway, gang. Have a good day of moving and shaking in the downward direction. And always remember that it was the tortoise that won the race, not the hare. :carrot:

akrosey49
04-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Morning everyone..im up early cuz its abeautiful day today sunny for a change:carrot: also becuz this is alaska and the daylight hrs are longer now and sun woke me up..i tossed and turned all nite and coudnt get comfortable:?: i almost blew my ww last nite.. i was just hungry and didnt want to deal withit but did not and im proud of me..meowee thats so true so ill go one step at a time and not look back thanks.. ive never heard of that exercise system.. youll have to let us know how it works for you..my dd and i had the new mcdonalds chicken asian salad last nite..not sure how many pts it was but i highly recommend you try it and u get a work out dvd with it ..the salad was yummy.. and i won $200 dollars last night..i gave my dh half and tucked mine away for a rainy day;) hope you are all having a good weekend(((((hugs)))) rosey:wave:

pinkroses
04-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Afternoon everyone. It is in the 60's and sunny, Another pretty Spring perfect day.
Hubby is at the farm again today. I am here all alone. that doesn't happen to often.
Doing laundry.
Had a pretty good night last night
However woke up with another burning headache.
Question:
Does anyone else wake up with those type of headaches?
Hope everyone has a good afternoon and night. PINKROSES :carrot:

meowee
04-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Not quite sure how to describe it, guess it's a toning kind of exercise system and it can be done either standing or sitting (which is why it appealed to me).

Here's a link to the web-site so you can have a look.

clickhere (http://www.bodyflex.com)

RebaR
04-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Hey y'all,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while... life has been busy....

I went to the doctor this week... my A1C was great... 5.5...:carrot: but other things were out of whack... hadn't lost any weight since December (on his scales that is... I think i've gained a few and lost a few in that time...) he was really confused about my cholesterol and triglyceride levels because they almost doubled in that time... yes... I've been taking my meds....but then he saw my thyroid level... and it was way off...so he's increased my dose- changed me from synthroid to levoxyl (he had a certificate for 90 days free).... he said the thyroid being off is what had everything out of whack... funny thing is, I nor my friend had noticed my usual symptoms when it's off.. until after the appointment...:dizzy:

Jeanne :hug: I haven't been around to answer your call for any other Byetta users... I've been on Byetta since October. When I started on it, my A1c was fine...but the oral meds were causing weight gain no matter how hard I tried to lose... he started me on the 10! talk about some side affects, especially at first. I still have my moments...but I have learned some things that help me... I have lost 40 pounds since August, most of that since October.... so it is helping with that... Nausea is the biggest thing I've dealt with, especially at the beginning... I've learned that I have to eat some protein after taking it...before lizard spit my breakfast would be a piece of toast, or dry cereal (no milk) and a piece of fruit... now I have to be sure to add some cheese, yogurt, or peanut butter.... dont' need a whole lot, but do need some protein. Mexican food is sometimes tricky... and i've learned I can't have lettuce with the evening dose.... I can eat anything you want to put on a salad except the lettuce... spinach is ok... but if I eat lettuce I will have the foulest smelling and tasting burps... it's like it ferments in my stomach or something... (Byetta slows digestion, makes you feel full faster)... I have to eat smaller meals too or I'll get sick... if I eat too much, I'll throw it up... I've learned to watch for lows more closely with it... I've had my blood sugar drop down in the 40's and 50's a couple of times... I can't handle oj then though because I'm nauseous...so I'll drink a real coke (the only time it actually sounds good to me) to bring it up fast and then have some cheese and crackers or peanut butter or something.... When I travel I'm known to keep a jar of peanut butter and saltines with me... that way I'm covered at breakfast if I need it and to watch the lows.... I must admit, it was hard at first to give myself the injection- I had been on oral meds prior to this only... but it's not bad now... well, Jeanne, I guess I've thrown enough out there for now... can't really think of anything else at the moment... but I'll be glad to help anyway i can....

Reba

creations
04-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Sorry i haven't been around to post. Still can't get the scale to move. Morning bs has been aroun 115,
Did a craft show yesterday and my whole body hurts from carrying everything in and taking it out. Today I'm just going to a friends and rubber stamp.
Have a good day.
JUdy S

meowee
04-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi there, babes . . . just came upstairs from my crafting room to warm my feet. Even though the basement floor is carpeted, It's still a little chilly on the tootsies.

Glad to see you back, Reba. :hug: We've missed you. Glad the A1C was good and hope the thyroid problem gets itself sorted out really soon.

Hang in there, Judy, the scale will eventually cooperate. :hug: Rest up from those aches and pains. What did you have on display at the craft show?

Nice and sunny around here again today, but not exactly warm yet. Although you can tell Spring is finally here and I just heard a lawn-mower (tractor-type) although looking at my grass, I don't think it will be ready to be cut for another week or so.

Anyway, have a great Sunday everybody. Keep on moving and shaking your way to better health. See you soon. :carrot:

akrosey49
04-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Morning everyone..sunny and cold here..finally had a good night of sleep..the dh was up before me now thats a 1st:o anyways feel great today sofar sl were 94 this am.. still feeling hungry all the time dont know why but am determined to stay on track.. many yrs ago a dr told me that if i wasnt hungry the diet wasnt working.. so i keep telling myself hungry is good..as i know im eating enuff of what i should have its just mind over food right:?: my dd made some exercise cd's for me and i tried them out.. glad im a closet exercisers as i must have been a site:rofl: this 300# plus 4ft 10 inch women dancing around her bedroom.. it was fun tho..love that 50-60's rock and roll..creations im curious too what kinds of crafts as i used to sell at bazzarrs to.. well not sure whats on the agenda for today but will check in later.. have a great day everyone((((((((hugs))))))) dance dance dance... rosey :wave:

creations
04-30-2006, 07:56 PM
I make ragdolls,doll clothes,baby bibs and baby quilts. I also do rubber stamping and quilting for fun. Spent the afternoon rubber stamping greeting cards with a couple of ladies.

Judy S

meowee
05-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Hooray, Hooray, the first of May . . .

Just dropped by to yank us out of the April mode and flick us into a more summery thought pattern . . . thought we'd be okay in one place until September. . . so here's a link to our new thread . . .

click here for new thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1239856#post1239856)

See you there. :carrot:

Jeanne88
05-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Good morning everyone,,,hope your week-end was as sunny as ours,,,today it is kinda chilly and overcast,,,:(

RebaR,,thanks for all the input on the Byetta,,,sounds like it is really working for you,,and your weight loss is wonderful,,congrats on that,,,I notice that some foods are a no,,no with me also,,,mostly spicy,,my numbers are slowly coming down,,,maybe not slow really just seems like it for me,,,and I am losing wt,,,finally,,,and am on the ww program,,,I am on the 5mg,,,,I go in to the doctor in a few weeks don't know if he will change it then or not,,,my insurance is not paying for it so he is trying to help me out,,,if he has samples he will give them to me,,,don't think I will be able to stay on it if he doesn't,,,,insurance company sure can make you mad,,,:devil: anyway just wanted to say thanks and am glad to have heard from you,,,my fasting bs this morning was 125,,,really good for me,,,:carrot:

Today is clean up day here,,,laundry,,dusting ,,,just getting ready for the work week,,,take care all and talk with you later,,,Jeanne:genie:

meowee
05-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi Jeanne . . . we started a new thread this morning . . . it's called . . .

Dieting with Diabetes - the Long Hot Summer. I posted a link to it in the post just before yours in here.

That's were we'll be for the next few months . . . hope we see you over there.

Linda