Old 03-31-2006, 04:51 PM   #1  
Jessie's Mom

Default Those last 20 pounds!

So I have the last 20 pounds to go. I am still losing, but it has slowed down a lot. And I gained 10-15 pounds back, during the holidays. Anyways, I had my physical yesterday. My doctor was very impressed with me and my weight loss. However, she told me to give myself A YEAR, before losing the last 20. I was kind of depressed about that. But on the other hand, I am trying to get pregnant again. In which case, I would gain weight in the next year.

But, I was wondering if anyone else has been told that- to give the last few pounds a year? I hope to be at goal by May, but I am starting to doubt that I can do it.

Wendy
Treadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:01 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Wow, I have never heard that!!! I would truly hope (selfishly probably) that that isn't so. I wonder why that is it would take that long for the love of pete!?!?!?! My lord. That is interesting though. I have noticed since I have gotten into the low 150's it has slowed down that's for sure. I am in about the same boat as you, coming from 190 and my ultimate goal is to be in the 130's, so I hope it wouldn't take a year, jeeze!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:18 PM   #3  
Melting Butter

I don't understand why you have to wait to lose weight...and a year? A year is so long...and you are so close to your goal...I'd be seriously depressed if I knew it would take me that long to get those last few pounds off. :-(
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:55 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3

I'm not a doctor but I'm a medical student and I cant think of a good reason why you should wait a year to continue dieting and being healthy. 125 is not too low that it would complicate getting pregnant. What was the reason she gave you? I'd say keep doing what you're doing and if it really bothers you, seek a second opinion.
shawnamadonna1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:41 PM   #5  
here I go again...

Just for argument's sake, I wonder if she was thinking that if you lost the rest of it too quickly, it might make your hormone levels dip and make it harder for you to get pregnant? If not, who knows! Be thankful it isn't your FIRST 20 !
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:46 PM   #6  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I dont think her doc saying it may take her a year to get the rest of the weight off has anything to do with TTC, I think was she is saying is that if her doctors theroy is true then she will be pregnant before she loses the last twenty lbs. I noticed when I was in the 150's that my weight loss slllloooowwwwed dramatically. I too gained a dreaded 10 to 15lbs over the holidays .... grrrrrr
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:36 PM   #7  

So did she say wait a year before losing the last 20 or it will take a year to lose the last 20? We seem to be reading this differently here.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:06 AM   #8  
Jessie's Mom

Hi all,

My doctor was saying that it may take a year to lose the rest. She didn't really give me a reason. I think it is because the last few pounds are so hard to lose for me. My body is adapting to the weight loss and the changes I have made, which is causing the loss to slow down. She doesn't want me to get frustrated if the pounds don't shed, as fast as the first 50.

So it doesn't have anything to do with me TTC. Nor does have anything to do with my health. My health has improved, since giving birth and then losing weight.

Thanks guys,
Wendy
Treadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #9  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

I always think of it this way.. the last pounds are harder to loose because maybe your skin wants that extra time to tighten a little bit to fit the new you.

It might be wishful thinking but you never know.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #10  

Oh i see. Well everyone says that the last pounds are the hardest to lose and they're probably right. However, I think if you're dedicated and you're willing to step it up, your body will respond. I bet you can do it in under a year.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Well, I've been battling with my last 15-20 for over a year. Lose, gain, lose gain, lose, gain... my body is a and just loves to be around 165. I hope your luck is better than mine!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote