PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/268/150

Default Newbie- Looking for friendly support and tips

Hi, I've just joined 3FC on a diet after finding this forum.

I've belong to other forums/ message boards but all have either closed or the inactivity can last months. I also found that many of them where not looking to lose weight.

I was diagnoted with PCOS in January 2006, after spending 2 years telling my OB/GYN that something had to be wrong with me and Clomid wasn't working for me. It took a referal to a fertility clinic (this is after 4 years of TTC) to get the diagnostic.

I've been on Metformin since that day at 850mg twice a day. Other than extremely painfull periods, I haven't faced any other problems.

I've also started working out with my mother and sister at my parents place since my mom bought an Ab Lounge, a Gazelle and a Total Gym to add to our exercise ball, yoga mat and barbells. So we are in pretty god shape. I'm also planing to add alot of walking now that spring is here. Especialy, since it takes about 45min to walk to my parents house from mine. Instead of getting in the car, I'll warm up with a nice walk.

Well, that's all I can think to say for my first post. I'll go look around a little more.Feel free to ask my any questions, I'll be happy to anwser them .
Foreverhopefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:15 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Welcome to 3FC! How much weight have you lost since starting Met? I couldn't handle the side effects. :barf I was also afraid of the complications.
I have learned a lot along the way. One good book to read is PCOS: The Hidden Epidemic by Dr Sam Thatcher.
Good going on the exercise!! Unfortunately, us cysters have to exercise more than the average chick to lose weight. But in time, it can become addictive!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:43 PM   #3  

Hi,

I am also new to 3FC and have PCOS. I also understand what it is like to go through the fertility side of things. I have had IUI treatment and 1 cycle of IVF which were all negative.

I think your exercise plans sound great. I wish I could motivate myself to get more active but I find it hard. I think the Metformin makes me even more tired than I usually am

Anyway hope we can chat in the future and good luck
lilly2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:04 AM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

A big welcome!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:45 AM   #5  
low carbing in Oz

S/C/G: 85/73/65kg

Have you tried the forums at the 'soul cysters' site. Its very active and theres so much info there.
rach3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:53 PM   #6  

I agree the Cyster's site is great also.

I would not go to ObesityHelp.com, its a site funded by weight loss surgery doctors and naturally encourages WLS a bit too much.

http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/index.php is great if you're looking into weight training. Ignore the diet advice tho, it's not geared towards IR/PCOS.
subcriminal is offline   Reply With Quote