South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #1  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Waste,waste,and more waste!!!

I absolutely hate to waste! (Maybe that's why I'm in the boat I'm in!) Anyways, I decided to try some new things so when I went grocery shopping I bought some Athenos brand roasted garlic hummus. I cut up a fresh green bell pepper and cut it in strips and dipped it in the hummus...... I didn't think there was a food known to man that I disliked! I guess it's just not for me. I also bought ingredients to make the broccoli cheese soup that's under ph1 in the recipe section.....I wouldn't say it was gross but just not something I'd eat again. It was a little too spicy (I used rotel) which is hard to beleive because I like spicy foods! I guess when I envision broccoli cheese soup I think of the kind you'd get in a restaurant that has a yellow cheese base? It bugs me that I spent money on something that I can't eat!!! I figured the soup would be a few meals for me. OH WELL!

I also bought artichoke. I've never cooked these before so this should be interesting! I've eaten them though and I do like these! Ok....sorry for babbling on and on! Tara~
Old 03-29-2006, 11:09 AM   #2  
it's always something

That's one of the interesting things about new diets, trying foods you may not have tried otherwise. It can be hit or miss, that's for sure. But it's fun trying! I only recently tried hummus and fell in love with the first bite. I make my own and season it to my taste, using roasted red peppers and other goodies. But I've also tried a few things that I hope to never eat again, lol.

Congrats on the artichoke, btw, that's something good that came out of the experience! Hopefully you'll find another
Old 03-29-2006, 11:10 AM   #3  

Try this broccoli cheese soup instead http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42365
This is the one that Laurie and I eat all the time. You just leave the flour out if you are in phase 1.

I have to say that I didn't care for the roasted garlic hummus either. I liked the Spicy three pepper one but not the other.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:36 AM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

My favorite is the Jalapeno flavor because it has the most flavor to it, but I just can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. I like the Calamata Olive kind, and the pepper ones, too. I just recently tried the garlic and it's ok, but definitely not as garlicky as I thought it was going to be. I need my hummus to have a powerful flavor!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:35 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I love the Roasted Red Pepper hummus!

Though I enjoy green bell peppers in other things, I don't like them in hummus. Have you tried used red/orange/yellow bell peppers? Try that before you toss the hummus...it's really good. The sweetness in the bell peppers goes well with the tangy hummus (do I get points for saying hummus a milliion times? ).

Or, try spreading hummus in a WW wrap or lettuce, then fill with lean meat or RF cheese and veggies. You'll be less likely to notice the taste and you can use it up.

I hate waste too...but you have to deal with it when trying new things. I'm lucky to have a husband that will eat most anything!

I second Barb on the Broc/Cheese soup...it's divine! Thank you, Cooking Light!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/210.5/150

i have tried hummus about everyway suggested and i too absolutely hate it think it's disgusting.
isn't it amazing how all of our tastebuds are so amazingly different *nods*
Closed Thread