Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:31 PM   #1  
One more time!

Default 100+ to Go #9

Hey, Y'all,

This is a group trying to lose 100# or more. Pull up a computer chair and join us.

Gee Chee
Old 03-28-2006, 09:45 PM   #2  
One more time!

Good Evening Everyone,

Things have been a little quiet in here lately. Hopefully some of our regulars will pop on in and join in as well as some new faces!

I am down 3.2# for a nice round total of 25#. Whoo Hoo. There is something very nice about reaching that total. Makes me feel good and makes me do the happy dance for me!

It has been crazy here at home. I have spent very little time here because of work. It has been crazy in the OR and we have lost about 5 staff members who have not been replaced. But scheduling cases in the OR has not changed so things have been nuts. They are starting to pay some big money for us to work extra time and it is hard to turn down that money, so I have gotten greedy over the last week or so and have agreed to work the extra time. But I am off for the next six days and do not intend to answer my phone if it is work calling! My house is in disarray but my bank account is looking good! So I guess that is a nice trade off!

The nice thing about working the extra hours is that it is easier to stay on program when one is working. No time to spend in front of the tv and snacking that is for sure. They are also closing the cafeteria at work for about 45 days due to remodeling which will force me to carry my lunch everyday to work. That will be an added bonus to keep me on track.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Jeanne...glad to hear your grandson is doing well.

Take care everyone.....GeeChee
Old 03-29-2006, 11:32 AM   #3  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning and wow,,,congrats GeeChee on the weight loss ,,,I am doing the dance of joy for you also,,,,lol,,,what a sight,,,lol,,,

I think you are right it is usually easier to stay on program at work,,,if I plan that it,,,we have fabulous food at the place I work so I have to be careful and plan,,,try to take my own lunch/dinner,,,usually a weight watcher one,,we have salad so I can always have one of those,,,

Still no word on my Mri,,,put in a call yesterday so will see if I hear from anyone,,,slow,,slow,,slow,,here,,,it will be two weeks on friday,,,my back pain is always there but is starting to lesson on somedays,,,day before yesteday was a killer for some reason,,,but yesterday not to bad,,,I am thankful for that,,,

Thanks for the concern on my little grandson Damian,,,he is doing better and we are hoping it doesn't come back ,,,what ever it was,,,

Work day for me ,,,so this is a short one,,,glad to hear you are all doing well and take care ,,,,talk to you soon,,,hi to everyone !!!! later my friends,,Jeanne
Old 03-29-2006, 11:49 AM   #4  

Talking

Hello! Hello! Hello!

I am a terrible person! I know I should post more...but life does get in the way! I lurk and see that no one else has posted and so I don't...if everyone did that there'd be no posts at all!

GeeChee - Here's a carrot for you and a carrot for me!

My WI this morning is at 241.6! I'll take it - that's 2.8 down from last week! It may drop a tad more too - I usually go down until lunch - but I won't get under 241 - so the slider is changed! I'm VERY pleased!

WW points went uncounted a couple of times this week, but I've done enough gardening and exercising to make up for it I guess. This weekend was a bit of a food-fest - we went out for Indian on Saturday (buffet, of course) and then Sunday, after working in the yard for literally HOURS, we went out again - to another buffet - Ryan's this time - ate an entire cow I'm sure!

I also did 12 minutes on the eliptical on Satuday, Monday and Tuesday and used some hand weights we have (5 lb...but enough for my flabby arms to feel it!) and did some stretches and crunches and such. Clearly exercise saved me! Probably doesn't hurt that Aunt Flo has arrived and so the PMS is gone!

So...that's what's up with me!

Jeanne-so glad to hear your grandbaby is doing better! Hope you get those test results soon! I waited and called and called to find out about an ultrasound last month and finally went to the office to see if they had an answer for me one day...I just wanted to talk to the nurse for a second...they stuck me in a room, made me wait for the doctor, and had the nerve to CHARGE ME - when I just wanted to know the results! I'm NOT PAYING that bill!

Hope you all are doing well! Have a happy, healthy OP day!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:32 PM   #5  
One more time!

Lilion,

I know what you mean about life getting in the way of posting. Days go by and I seem so busy and besides talking to my daughter on the internet, I hardly navigate anywhere else. But you are right, if all we did was lurk, there would be no posts to read! You are doing so great on this journey. It is great to see your progress. You really do give me inspiration! And thank you for that! And there would be NO WAY that I would pay that medical bill either!!! I would be storming mad if they had done that to me. You should have gotten a phone call explaining those results in a timely manner rather than having to go in there and demanding an explanation. How outrageous!

Jeannie....no results on your MRI yet? I can't believe that. Those results should have been in by now. I am glad that your back is feeling better however.

Has not been a good point day for me for what ever reason. Maybe it was the appointment with our accountant that I had to go to because DH had to work and did not know when he would have time to go again. Anyway, I went with all the paperwork he had ready...yeah, right...and left with a long list of things I should have brought with me but wasn't in the pile he gave me! GRRRRRRRRR! Anyway, I am going to try to sit down and plan tomorrow so I get right back OP. Emotional eating has always been a problem for me, and today was no exception. I need to have gone for a long walk instead, or made better choice...oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Well off to do some laundry. I am leaving on Friday for a short trip to visit my sister in law, but will be home on Sunday. Keep the post alive.......Later...GeeChee
Old 03-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #6  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

sounds like everyone's doing fairly well, which is awesome!

i'm back on plan this week, after my lost weekend. i've decided that you guys were completely right, and i am SO glad i listened to you. accountability is important, so even if i did have a crappy week last week, i went, i weighed, and i'm moving on. this week i have a cold, so i'm allotting some of my points for juice. i may end up watering it down. i know any liquid is good for you when you're sick, but i just want juice. and soup. you know, sick food.

i'm thinking about maybe making a huge vat of that taco soup that i keep seeing the recipe for...if i have leftovers, i can freeze them and take them for lunch when i go back to work. it's kind of chilly here, so definitely soup weather.

and why is it that when it gets colder, all i want to do is EAT and SLEEP? i'm not a bear, for heaven's sake, i do not hibernate. sigh. oh well.

also, i bought the new 1 point minibars (s'more's flavor) this week. they are AMAZING. sooo good. and 1 point each! yeehaw!
Old 03-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #7  
Never Ever Give Up !

Hey everyone,,,,and a happy Thursday to you all !!!

Thanks for all the concerns on my MRI,,,the good new is I found out some stuff yesterday,,,I called the doctor's office and just by chance the doctor answered the phone,,(whats the chances of that?) anyway,,,they found a cyst on my spine,,,but don't think that is causeing the pain,,,but are very concerned about it,,,they also found that my spine ( lower) is deteriorating (sp) sorry,,,now they want to do the dye test to see if that cyst is being feed by blood ( that could be cancerous) or if the dye will just bypass it,,,not looking forward to having a neddle stuck in my back,,,,I can barley push on it,,,can't imagine being stuck in ,,,I was so angry that I had to wait almost 2 weeks to get this imformation,,,I can't even imagine how mad you were Lilion,,,maybe I will get a bill for the phone call,,,but I wouldn't pay it either if I were you,,,this is why I quit working in the medical field,,they make me so angry,,,I am sure there are lots of good doctors out there tho,,,

Whats the weather like where everyone is,,,it is getting nicer here,,,don't even have a fire this morning,,,but will need one by night,,,I am so glad to see spring around the corner,,,,,

Well another work day for me and long one,,,pool night,,,last game of the season,,,so there will be having a good time,,,,ha,,,( always helps with the tips to ) lol,,,

Have a wonderful day everyone,,,,so glad I found you,,,It means so much to have a place to go where you are wanted and people really care,,,,I don't want this to come out bad,,,but I used to go to this other board,,,for a long ,,long time,,,and even after all that time it never seemed like they really gave a rip,,,,lots of negative,,,I need positive,,,I am negative enough on my own,,,lol,,,anyway,,,I just feel real accepted here,,,thanks,,,Jeanne
Old 03-30-2006, 02:02 PM   #8  

Smile

Oh Jeanne! I wish I could say or do something to make it easier to go thru tests and not knowing. I do understand how scary it is. A few years back...while looking for the cause of this "pulse-noise" in my ear, they did an MRI of my brain. It came back with a finding of a tumor and also said something about atrophy! I was sent to a neurosurgeon, and it turned out the "atrophy" was nothing at all and the tumor was completely benign...I just have to take a pill to keep it from growing. BUT it took two weeks to find that out. So I KNOW how awful it is to know somethings going on but not whether it's really bad! Please know that I am sending you hugs and good thoughts . Keep us posted!
Old 03-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #9  
n00b

oh, jeanne. *hugs* i'm praying for you!
Old 03-31-2006, 12:21 AM   #10  

I started WW in august of 2003 and so far have lost 78.4#. With 55 more to go. I will be seeing doctor on the 5th about my back. When I saw the doctor in 2002 after the MRI, he didn't tell me that I have 22 bulging disks in my lower back. Nobody could tell me why me right leg hurt when i lay on my side and when I got bursitis in my right hip and had an injection, what do you know but that pain went away. I hate it when they don't get their results right and don't tell you what you need to know. You just have to keep pushing. I imagine they will say I need another MRI, because I have another spot on my back bothering me. It seems like everytime I get further with my weight loss something else hurts. I also have 2 knee replacements so that I can walk pretty much without pain in my knees. i work nights at a nursing home and usually walk about 3 miles each night. I have 2 daughters living at home with us. Our 30 year old just moved back in with us because of personal and financial issues and is doing WW also. The 20 year old is working at the same nursing home that I do. Hope to get acquainted with some of you.
Vivian
Old 03-31-2006, 08:34 AM   #11  
One more time!

Good Morning Everyone,

Have a moment to post, so I thought I would check in with all of you before heading out for a weekend visit with my sister in law!

Rahkstar....Congratulations to you for getting right back on track after a bad run of days. It is a lesson that I have learned from Lilion's success. And you are right about accountability....we all need it. Your taco soup sounds great. Although our part of the country has been very warm and spring like for several weeks. Rain expected to day, but right now it is 73 degrees outside. Still too early for tourists and house renters and us locals have the beach pretty much to ourselves. I love this time of the year!

Jeanne....very sorry to hear your news. Now the dreaded "more testing" phase of things. I am sending your good thoughts. Keep us posted. Hope you made it through the last day of pool season and that the tips were good!

Sisvivian...Welcome! You will find everyone friendly and helpful!

Well off to pack. Am looking forward to seeing my sister in law. I am taking my mother in law with me....and now my 23 year old daughter also wants to go...........so it should be a fun time!

Have a good weekend everyone.....Later...GeeChee
Old 04-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #12  
One more time!

Good Evening Y'all,

Pretty quiet around here over the weekend. I trust that everyone had a great one. I made it through the weekend with my mother in law in tow. It was occasionally a challenge but I think over all it went well. Food wise is another story however. There is a place in West Virginia that serves the best hamburgers ever and although I did order the small one, I still had one! It was great. But I am back on track today so hopefully no harm done. I am going to try something different for myself....I was reading an article about how some people manage to stay skinny without dieting and one thing that the majority of "skinny" people did was to weigh themselves every day. I think this might be a good thing for me. To look at the numbers everyday and remind myself as I start my day of where I am starting and where I want to be at. Maybe if I had done this instead of avoiding the scale, I would not have found myself where I am today. So I am going to start weighing myself everyday......try something new and see if it encourages me or discourages me and then go from there.
Hope everything is good for everyone else. Have a great Tuesday!

Later...GeeChee
Old 04-03-2006, 10:11 PM   #13  
Never Ever Give Up !

Hey everyone and howdy,,,,been mia for a few,,,work ,,work,,and oh yeah more work,,,the last night of pool season went real good,,,lots of happy faces,,,,ha ha,,,with a little help from the friendly bartender,,,Friday night was Kereoke and we were slammed,,,had a rancher that died last week of only 57,,,was a nice guy and very well known,,,so lots of outer towners,,,,and the drinks were flowing and I made REALLY good tips,,,was almost dead by 2 am but really good tips,,, ha ha,,,there are about 100 folks that live in town and I think that is streching it,,,and maybe,,maybe like 200 up in the hills ( that would be us),,,and there was over 600 people at the funeral,,,they had to have it at the school,,,,then saturday was just as busy,,,,we closed early and sat down for a few our selfs,,,,well needed,,,and earned,,,, my son had come to help us out so he sat down with us was just like the old days when him and I worked it together,,,and had a blast,,, and the owners and my hubby and we had our own party,,,was great,,,sunday was a lazy recoup day,,,ha ha,,,

I am waiting for the insurance to approve the next step on my back,,,which is getting a little better ,,,thank you all for your kind words and support,,,sounds like a few of you have been pretty close to the same spot I am in right now,,,,it is so nice to have someone to relate to ,,,,,

It is raining like crazy now,,,,and this day light thing is messing me up already,,, ha ,,,takes me so long to get used to it ,,,both ways spring and fall,,,wish they would just leave it alone,,,

Take care and thanks again,,,Jeanne

Last edited by Jeanne88; 04-04-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:58 AM   #14  
n00b

hey all! my weekend was sort of crazy. i had finals on saturday, and i think i did pretty well! i'm just relieved those classes are over. i start a new one tomorrow. after the finals, i went SHOPPING!! food shopping, that is. i branched out and went to a new grocery store, and found so many good things that my store doesn't carry: skinny cows, weight watcher ice cream bars, ff sf pudding in a plethora of flavors, 100 calorie packs. i don't know how i survived without these things!

it's strange to think that i used to spend my money on things like venti frappucinno's from starbucks, and now i go to the store and buy...produce. and healthy food.

another good thing that happened is i ran into someone i knew a few years back, and he literally did a double take. "did you lose weight? dang, you got CUTE!"

ha. silly man, i've BEEN cute. but it's nice to have the weight loss recognized, because i still don't see it!
Old 04-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #15  
Never Ever Give Up !

Cool

Good morning you all,,,thought I would drop in and say howdy,,,today is a work day for me and for the next 4days so sometimes I don't get here like i want to,,,,

I am stuck on 229 now for so long it is about to drive me nuts,,,I am staying on program,,,staying within my points ?,,,,I am diabetic so that slows it all down,,,,just am getting a little discouraged ,,,,

Rahkstar,,,it is so nice when someone does notice the wt.loss,,,good for you,,,keep up the good work !,,,I love the part you said about ,,yeah but I was always cute,,,,isn't it strange how some people think cute is thin,,,I know they mean well but sometimes it makes me upset,,,,I want to say "hey I'm still me "

I am a bartender so I get a lot of that,,,I don't tell to many people I am on ww ,,because they start to watch you and say things like ,,,can you have that ?,,,ha,,,but as you know I get smaller the closer to closing time it gets,,

So how is everyone else doing ? Hope you all are well ,,,gotta run shower and get ready for work,,,have a great day you all and talk to you later,,Jeanne 250/229/150
Closed Thread